Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Both Batwoman and Supergirl have said Crisis will have major repercussions on their shows, which seems odd.  Batwoman is just starting, so I can't imagine the groundwork they're laying for their show will be significantly altered 9 episodes in.   And unless they're planning on the story withe Lena and the new boss at CatCo only being a first of the season plot, I can't imagine Crisis changing much on Supergirl.  

• Love 2

My speculation is that - for Batwoman and Supergirl at least - it will only change some history (merging of worlds and characters and all that) but not anything that would seriously affect he main plots. I'm guessing Batwoman will have minimal changes; on Supergirl, maybe entire characters may be changed.

I don't even know what to speculate for The Flash, because the showrunner is looking at it as a soft reboot; so almost anything could happen.

Jessica Queller basically said that the crossover would have more impact then usual and filter into the rest of the season but it didn't sound like anything huge will be changed. At comic con the showrunners also seemed to imply that earth-38 might still be around post crisis. So I do think that the main plotlines and relationships will remain intact. 

Edited by Oreo2234
3 hours ago, Trini said:

My speculation is that - for Batwoman and Supergirl at least - it will only change some history (merging of worlds and characters and all that) but not anything that would seriously affect he main plots. I'm guessing Batwoman will have minimal changes; on Supergirl, maybe entire characters may be changed.

I don't even know what to speculate for The Flash, because the showrunner is looking at it as a soft reboot; so almost anything could happen.

Forgot Black Lightning: I think they will stay in their own corner of the DC-verse even if they get merged. I doubt much, if anything, will change because of Crisis.

-- David Ramsey: "Hey, guys! Sorry I've been MIA, but I've been working hard on the Arrow set. And - (points to CL's set chair and GG's set chair) - on crossover. It's crossover season. Speaking of crossover, I'm holding a contest of sorts for one lucky winner to come to Vancouver to hang out with yours truly. So go to the app. Details will follow. And maybe you'll be the lucky winner. Who knows? See you soon."

Edited by tv echo

Here's the Crisis-related scene in Flash 601...

Monitor Talks to Barry About Crisis | The Flash 6x01 Ending Scene [HD]
Elseworlds Clips   Oct. 9, 2019

Barry: "What do you want?"
The Monitor: "For your universe to survive."
Iris: "The plinth - you destroyed it. You destroyed Nora's message."
The Monitor: "An unfortunate side effect. But I needed to discourage you."
Barry: "From doing what?"
The Monitor: "Hoping. Your determination is boundless, Flash. It is one of your greatest qualities, but you cannot avoid the coming Crisis."
Iris: "Barry has five years before he vanishes."
The Monitor: "No longer. December 10, 2019. On that day, he will answer the call and make the ultimate sacrifice. Soon this world will fight for the fate of all the known universes."
Barry: "I'm not gonna leave my family. There has to be a way to stop what's coming."
The Monitor: "I am sorry. But events have been set into motion that you cannot possibly comprehend."
Barry: "I don't need to understand them! Just tell me what I can do."
The Monitor: "To survive? You can't. In order for billions to survive this coming Crisis, the Flash must die."

ETA: Let's compare to Oliver's death notice in Arrow 722...

The Monitor Tells Oliver He Dies In Crisis On Infinite Earths | Arrow 7x22 [HD]
Elseworlds Clips  May 13, 2019

Oliver: "Now? I thought I had more time."
(Flashback to Oliver's conversation with the Monitor during the Elseworlds crossover.)
The Monitor: "The universe is a complex piece of machinery, and balance must be maintained. One change requires another. How would you propose I keep the balance?"
Oliver: "Will you help me save Barry and Kara or not?"
The Monitor: "No. But I will give you the means to save them."
Oliver: "Tell me what you need in exchange."
The Monitor: "Whatever the multiverse requires to survive the crisis that is looming. When it is time."
(Cut back to present day)
Oliver: "It's okay. (Puts knife down) So what bargain have I made? What does the multiverse require?"
The Monitor: "You assist me as we seek to prevent the inevitable."
Oliver: "But that sounds impossible."
The Monitor: "The multiverse is more complex than you could fathom."
Oliver: "What are you not telling me?"
The Monitor: "I've seen your future, Oliver, inexorable and unavoidable. I have watched you die."
Oliver: "During this Crisis?"
(The Monitor nods.)
The Monitor: "I am truly sorry."
Felicity: "No. You are not taking him."
Oliver: "Felicity."
Felicity: "Oliver."
The Monitor: "I am not here to bring harm to you or your daughter. Trust me, the world needs her."
Felicity: "You think that I'm just going to let you leave here with my husband's life?"
Oliver: "This is bigger than us. Than all of us."
Felicity: "Why does it always have to be you?"
The Monitor: "I cannot prevent his passing, but he can prevent the deaths of countless more, including you and your daughter. But he needs to come with me tonight."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Flash Boss: The Countdown to Barry's Death Has Begun, and It Will Bring Him and Iris 'Closer Than Ever Before'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 8 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/10/08/the-flash-recap-season-6-episode-1-barry-dies-december-10/ 

“The Flash will die. He just said it. We’re not messing around,” showrunner Eric Wallace confirmed for reporters after a premiere screening. “The countdown begins next week. What kind of urgency does that give [Barry and Iris]? An extreme one. It turns the dial up to 10 and it makes you think, ‘Is every moment together our last? What can we do? Should we fight this? Is it inevitable?’

“These are all the things that they’re grappling with for these next seven episodes, because [Episode] 8 ends and it’s ‘Crisis’ [crossover] time. It’s time to go off to, literally, cosmic war,” Wallace added. “So the relationship is strained. But it’s also going to bring them closer together than ever before, because that’s what tragedy does.”
Not mentioned by the Monitor, as he forewarned Barry of his dire fate, was what superfriend Oliver Queen is currently up to, to hopefully save Barry as well as Kara Danvers/Supergirl from perishing in the upcoming Crisis.

“Boy, I wonder what will happen when they both find out…,” Wallace hinted with a laugh. “I can’t tell you when it happens, but I will tell you that is a scene that happened and is a moment, and it is coming. Let’s just say people might get pissed off a little!” ....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Posted on Sep. 27, 2019 - fyi, I believe that Robert Stein of Robert Stein Management is GG's manager,..

ETA: Robert Stein is apparently the original source of the above-posted pic of GG's Flash with TH's Superman and BR's Superman, all with crossed arms, although that pic no longer appears on his instagram page.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

The Monitor: "To survive? You can't. In order for billions to survive this coming Crisis, the Flash must die."

Clever wording. So, the Monitor's misleading Barry for whatever reason and some other Flash is gonna bite it?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

What an Arrow-less crossover looks like ☹️ ...

Grant must have been geeking out so much! He loves Superman. He'd probably die if he could get a pic with Welling included too!

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

So Black Lightning is on the Waverider with Flash, Kingdom Come Superman and....Harbinger?   

I was trying to figure out whose booty that was... looks like Harbinger with her coat off.

15 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Jessica Queller basically said that the crossover would have more impact then usual and filter into the rest of the season but it didn't sound like anything huge will be changed. At comic con the showrunners also seemed to imply that earth-38 might still be around post crisis. So I do think that the main plotlines and relationships will remain intact. 

I can't think of anything that would disappoint comics fans more than leaving the multiple Earths intact after Crisis on Infinite Earths. It would be a complete waste of the story.

16 hours ago, Maverick said:

Both Batwoman and Supergirl have said Crisis will have major repercussions on their shows, which seems odd.  Batwoman is just starting, so I can't imagine the groundwork they're laying for their show will be significantly altered 9 episodes in.   And unless they're planning on the story withe Lena and the new boss at CatCo only being a first of the season plot, I can't imagine Crisis changing much on Supergirl.  

It won't change much of the ongoing plots on Supergirl because (if they follow the comic) the regular people won't remember there ever having been multiple Earths. Superman and Supergirl and the Flash and Black Lightning (and the rest) will have been there all along.  So far as Batwoman goes... 9 episodes in?  That's when we find out that the Crows are actually infiltrated by Hydra.

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I can't think of anything that would disappoint comics fans more than leaving the multiple Earths intact after Crisis on Infinite Earths. It would be a complete waste of the story.

The COIE comic fans are a minority of the TV audience, and they've completely wasted other comic stories before -- just sayin'.

I can see them leaving a few worlds intact. Supergirl's world where aliens are a regular part of society doesn't quite fit in with everyone else.

Promo for The Flash, 6.02, "A Flash of the Lightning" - which was also the title of Crisis on Infinite Earths #8 where Barry Allen sacrificed himself - there might be glimpses of Crisis in the episode:

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

That's when we find out that the Crows are actually infiltrated by Hydra.

If she weren’t off limits to television I’d be voting for Amanda Waller’s triumphant return from the dead. 

2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I can't think of anything that would disappoint comics fans more than leaving the multiple Earths intact after Crisis on Infinite Earths. It would be a complete waste of the story

I’m 100% afraid they’ll keep one or more Earths separate from Earth Prime. They shouldn’t since they’re all familiar with the source material and have been geeking out over the opportunity to do it but that hasn’t stopped them from making awful choices before. The crossover not resulting in a single Earth would make all of this a waste just as you said but it’s also in character for the producers running the show. They’d no doubt see it as a clever twist. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

...but it’s also in character for the producers running the show. They’d no doubt see it as a clever twist. 

I have the impression that, unfortunately, the only member of the brain trust who actually gave a damn about comics was Andy Kreisberg.  I'm not defending his other actions in any way, but it would have been nice if they had found someone equally interested in the original material to replace him with.

And @Trini's comment about the aliens brings me back to the "changes for Supergirl" question... They don't need all the aliens anymore for this season's storyline, so maybe they just... conveniently forget about them and they vanish in the Crisis with the rest of that universe?

7 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I have the impression that, unfortunately, the only member of the brain trust who actually gave a damn about comics was Andy Kreisberg.  I'm not defending his other actions in any way, but it would have been nice if they had found someone equally interested in the original material to replace him with.

Eric Wallace on The Flash is a self-described comic nerd. One of the reasons why I think Barry's going to die.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Trini said:

Eric Wallace on The Flash is a self-described comic nerd. One of the reasons why I think Barry's going to die.

Good to know, thanks.  The two on Supergirl certainly aren't. I still don't think Barry's going to die-die, though, just because he and Kara are two of their headliners.

• Love 1

I heard on a podcast today that they're treating Brandon's Superman appearance as a coda of sorts to his Superman Returns role... which, if you follow it back, means that for dramatic intents and purposes this Kingdom Come Superman is the capstone for Chris Reeve's version.

Needs more women; and where are Supergirl characters??

Where are Arrow characters?, where are Legend characters? where are characters of other universes? This crossover is looking more and more smaller than I thought. So far, doesn't look like the big fight for the multiverse. 

1 hour ago, suncity said:

Where are Arrow characters?, where are Legend characters? where are characters of other universes? This crossover is looking more and more smaller than I thought. So far, doesn't look like the big fight for the multiverse. 

Either all these cameos and guest stars have a gag order and can't post a bunch of bts pics... or their barely in it and the press/cw/ producers are just using them for hype.   I am personally hoping for the former but leaning towards the latter. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, suncity said:

Arrow's Dingle and Lyla are there but there isn't a Legend's character though they are on the Legends set. And Brandon is a Legends actor and the new Atom might last past the crossover on Legends but you can't count them as legends since they are new characters.

We don't know how big this scene will be. They aren't going to have the big fight on the Waverider set.

24 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Either all these cameos and guest stars have a gag order and can't post a bunch of bts pics... or their barely in it and the press/cw/ producers are just using them for hype.   I am personally hoping for the former but leaning towards the latter. 

Maybe both. There is often gag orders for special stuff.  And I am personally hoping the focus is on the characters we have been watching all these years and not the special guest stars & characters. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Maybe both. There is often gag orders for special stuff.  And I am personally hoping the focus is on the characters we have been watching all these years and not the special guest stars & characters. 

I get what you mean about focusing on our Arrowverse characters but at the same time,  I'm being sold Crisis on Infinite Earths, for a year I've been told that's what I'm getting.   So I'm going to be heated if that's not what I get. 

• Love 1

Brandon Routh posted a picture of himself in front of a Palmer Technologies logo on his instagram video and indicated it's for the crossover. (I don't remember, what's the current status of Palmer technologies?) Looks like he might have been filming as Ray?

I doubt there will be a lot of scenes with everyone. Hopefully they manage some, but with so many productions running at the same time and all of them needing actors, the window of time for everyone to be on one production is going to be very, very short and probably require stand ins to complete the scene.

It'll probably be larger and smaller groups scattered throughout different locations at any given time. These are probably just the characters that are on the waverider at this particular point in time. Maybe the waverider will be some sort of base of operations?

Not naming those on the picture above on the waverider (which I think might have been monday),  I think the social media of these people has indicated that they also filmed this week, though in a few cases it's a 'might' have filmed this week : Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy, Jesse Rath, Elizabeth Tulloch, Tala Ashe, Danielle Panabaker, Chyler Leigh, Melissa Benoist, Caity Lotz, Ruby Rose 

Edited by RedVitC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Starting to think too, they are just cameos, which I dont mind much, as long as its still a huge crossover like Invasion or Earth X or better. 

We don't know how big this scene will be. 

You are right👍, of course these spoilers are just snippets into the event, they dont tell the whole story. I  wont get disappointed just yet. 

• Love 1

The big group is on a Legends set but I think they were filming for the Flash hour.

I don't know about the guest stars but I wonder if they aren't purposefully hiding something about Oliver's role. Last year Stephen posted a lot of BTS pics and the paps also got enough photos of him filming outside. This year there's barely anything. 

Also, didn't Stephen say that he was supposed to play more than one character?

• Love 1

Canadagraphs did a very spoilery post on the Flash and Supergirl filming the Legends part of the Crisis. Apparently Supergirl is in National City fighting the  Weather Witch when The Flash shows up. Then some guy asks Barry to sign a photo. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

Go to blog link to see additional pics...

On this day, they were filming Legends Of Tomorrow portion of the cross over in North Vancouver near Lonsdale Quay at a location recently used by Supergirl.

Grant Gustin as The Flash, Melissa Benoist as Supergirl, Reina Hardesty as Joss Mardon, aka - Weather Witch and 1 unknown actor were on set for the scenes shot for this day of shooting. Police cars for National City were on set, so I think its fair to think this is a scene in National City, evne though its in the Legends part of the cross over.

In the early part of the day, a scene was done with Weather Witch holding a large staff. She made a few motions like she was using it in a battle. But I had no more context than seeing her swinging it around a bit to know what she was doing with it. No other actors seemed to be in the scene with her.

A little while later Grant & Melissa showed up to shoot a couple scenes. First up, a scene where The Flash zips in while Supergirl seems to be engaging with Weather Witch, then the Weather Witch is seemingly pushed out of the area as The Flash zips in. Did he save Kara? Or was it just coincidence that Joss leaves as The Flash arrives?
As the duo were preparing to shoot their scenes, I saw the stunt double for Melissa there, rocking a black Superman sweater. For a moment, I thought it was a suit, and thought "oh boy, what a reveal", then I saw it said "season 4" on the sleeve and my excitement level dropped..... still a cool sweater though.

A bit later the duo were doing a scene that still has me baffled, for the most part. To be honest, I am curious if the writers were just taking a jab at me, and people like me.... and truthfully, I'm okay if they were. It was amusing.

The Flash and Supergirl are standing together, seemingly with no imminent threat around. They turn around 1 way, before a couple moments later, turning back the other way. When they turn back around, an older man is standing there, and asks The Flash for his autograph. Yes, you heard me right. They had The Flash sign an item over, and over, and over, and over again, while not one take was done of Supergirl being asked to sign it, even though she seems to be pictured in the photo.

After they finished that scene, most of the cast & crew left.... as did I. There might have still been more to film there that day, but I had something else I had to get to unfortunately, so the timing of the break in filming worked out wonderfully for me.

img-0684.jpg

img-1017_1.jpg

img-1058.jpg

img-1558.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This video was posted by a fan (Srta Roheli) on youtube on Oct. 8...

-- DR: "Hey, guys. David Ramsey here on the set of Arrow. Well, there's nothing really to prove that I'm on the set of Arrow, but I am. Today we are in the midst of our crossover... I'm doing an episode of Legends, Legends of Tomorrow, on the Arrow set. It's crazy. I'm so confused. Yesterday I was on Flash on the set of the Legends. I was on a spaceship. It's very strange stuff going on, very strange stuff in this crossover. But it's fun. Cannot wait for you to see crossover episode of Arrow, episode 8, and, um, Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl and Flash and, um, yeah, like that. Even the great Cress - Cress William came over to our set from Black Lightning. It was awesome."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Brandon Routh posted a picture of himself in front of a Palmer Technologies logo on his instagram video and indicated it's for the crossover. (I don't remember, what's the current status of Palmer technologies?) Looks like he might have been filming as Ray?

EGiUyXUXYAAeNaD.jpg

(pic source)

• Love 3

Grant Gustin as The Flash, Melissa Benoist as Supergirl, Reina Hardesty as Joss Mardon, aka - Weather Witch and a special cameo by Marv Wolfman (credit to Eben Adams on Youtube for noticing it was him) were on set for the scenes shot for this day of shooting. Police cars for National City were on set, so I think its fair to think this is a scene in National City, evne though its in the Legends part of the cross over.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Google translation:
"# CrisisOnInfiniteEarths | Marv Wolfman Behind the scenes of the crossover recordings, Marv Wolfman wrote the original comic book Endless Crisis and Marv wrote one of the crossover episodes with Marc Guggenheim."

Edited by tv echo