Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Google tells me Leviathan is related to the League of Assassins, which I don't think has been mentioned as existing on Earth-38.   If the Earths do merge in Crisis, I wonder if the League connection will become part of their background and some Arrow characters will become involved in Supergirl.   

So there is one major thing about Crisis, especially what we seen from BTS, that makes me think there  is a major plot twist at the end, and it is the fact that there were no sighting of Reverse Flash. Everything we were told about Crisis from s1 onwards  is that Reverse Flash will be playing a major role in the disappearance of Barry Allen. And yet the whole focus seems to be on Antimonitor as of now. 

Edited by Velocity23

No spoilers, but Carlos Valdes' comments on the COIE crossover:

https://tvline.com/2019/11/04/the-flash-preview-episode-6x05-carlos-valdes-cisco-murder-mystery/

TVLINE | Tackling the comic books’ “Crisis on Infinite Earths” storyline is a very big deal, especially for The Flash in particular. Have you on the cast felt the weight of its importance?

One-hundred percent. It’s been very clear that Eric [Wallace] as a showrunner, in particular, is incredibly passionate about the comic book mythos and lore, and that reflects in the kinds of storylines that we have tackled this season, and how we’ve ramped up to the Crisis. I think that Eric’s passion and his determination to do the mythos justice is palpable in the scripts. When we read them, and when we work through them, I feel like there is very much a reverence on the part of the writers this year, in terms of what they’re hoping to accomplish with this arc. And that makes our jobs a lot easier, because all we have to do is just humble ourselves in the presence of that immensity.

TVLINE | When Barry went into that gizmo of Jay Garrick’s and saw the Crisis happen, Cisco was dressed as Vibe. Is that a big ol’ Easter egg?

I don’t know. I don’t know the future. I can’t speak on the future, I can’t predict what it’s going to be. All I know is there is a Crisis coming, and we’ve got to be ready for it.

TVLINE | How was the crossover this year? How would you describe it in three words?

My three words are “three isn’t enough.”

TVLINE | It’s that big. That huge.

It’s massive. It’s almost stupid how massive it is. I don’t understand what, like, energy drink these guys are drinking that makes them come up with this stuff, because it really is surprise after surprise after surprise, action sequence upon effects upon storylines….. Just when I thought last year was the limit to the insanity, this year comes along.

TVLINE | I always figured “Crisis on Earth-X” was the high bar, as far as intricacy.

Right, but this year pulls out all the stops, especially in terms of storyline — and especially because we have to contend with Arrow coming to a close.

According to CP, Iris is in only two episodes of the crossover this year. I don’t know if she means in addition to Flash or not but either way, it’s not a good move to have her be a non-factor when she should be a major story. 

It’s Earth-X all over again. 

• Love 1

According to CP, Iris is in only two episodes of the crossover this year. I don’t know if she means in addition to Flash or not but either way, it’s not a good move to have her be a non-factor when she should be a major story. 

Considering how important Crisis is to The Flash it does seem weird, especially if its only two total episodes. Caitlin /Killer Frost is not in all the episodes either.  Yet Bitsie Tulloch (Lois Lane) appears to be in all five episodes which seems excessive to me. A Superman and Lois show sells itself they don't need to feature Lois that much in Crisis to sell it. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

If anything we should've gotten a Doppelganger Iris that allowed her more into the action since I wouldnt expect the non-fighters to be featured as much as the others in this one.

Several posts went from discussing the crossovers past and future to the latest round of Show vs Show. These posts have been removed. This thread is not Mind Your Surroundings 2.0. If you want to focus primarily on the Arrowverse show of your choice feel free to take it to a relevant thread in the relevant forum. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, wingster55 said:

She said she's in two episodes overall. I think that includes the Flash part.

Frankly, I don't think Barry himself is going to be a major factor outside of having a lot of screen time as one of the leads. The fact that Reverse Flash doesn't seem to be there at all is a red flag.

8 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Considering how important Crisis is to The Flash it does seem weird, especially if its only two total episodes. Caitlin /Killer Frost is not in all the episodes either.  Yet Bitsie Tulloch (Lois Lane) appears to be in all five episodes which seems excessive to me. A Superman and Lois show sells itself they don't need to feature Lois that much in Crisis to sell it. 

This is what I didn't want, for Superman and the other guest stars to get more than the regulars. I guess his screen time makes sense since Superman has a big role in the comics but it would be a shame if they made an effort for him and Lois but not for Kara.

As for Caitlin/Frost, I don't need her to be in every episode just to fill a quota when she's one of the characters with the weakest connection to Barry.

Black Lightning Prepares for Crisis, Markovia and Living in a Warzone
By Joshua Lapin-Bertone   Nov 04, 2019
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/11/04/black-lightning-prepares-for-crisis-markovia-and-living-in-a-warzone

We had a chance to catch up with Cress Williams recently, and he gave us the scoop on how he learned Black Lightning would be participating in the upcoming “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, what it’s like living in a Markovian warzone, and the current status of his relationship with Lynn. Here’s what he had to say!
What was your reaction to finding out you would be in the “Crisis” crossover? Were you shocked?
I was very excited. I wasn't shocked necessarily, because fans have been asking about it and wanting it since before we ever became a show. As soon as they said we're doing Black Lightning they were like, “Oh, is there going to be a crossover?” It's been a big thing. Then at San Diego Comic-Con this year, the talk about it—not just from fans, but the talk from the other shows and the people from Flash and everything—it was just getting so big that by the time I came back to Atlanta and started filming, they finally told me.

I was like, “Yeah I'm not surprised. I figured. Actually, it would be a surprise if it didn't happen this year.” So, it was kind of the other way around.

How hard was it to keep the secret?
It was interesting. I guess I leaked it in some weird way.

You confirmed it by retweeting an article.
Yeah!

Our producer and the creator of our show called me earlier in the week and told me, “So this is happening, and don't say anything. They're going to announce it.”
I feel like he said they would announce it in a couple of days, and that was maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday. Then the weekend came and I saw this article, and so I just assumed that they announced it and that the article was official, and I tweeted it out immediately. Probably within 15 minutes I got a phone call and they're like, “Well, who told you to do that?” And I said “Well, it was an article.” And they said, “Maybe you should take it down.”

So, I started to take it down and then like two minutes later I got another phone call. “Uh no, instead on second thought, don't take it down.” I said, “I already took it down, so I'll put it back up again.”

It's interesting trying to keep secrets.

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, Starry said:

She said she's in two episodes overall. I think that includes the Flash part.

Based on Elizabeth Tulloch’s Instagram stories we know she’s in Batwoman. So does that mean we won’t see Iris after Barry returns from the speed force? (I believe Barry does disappear in the Flash part as the cliffhanger)

We know at some point she’s in the Waverider with a bunch of other suits...I would assume that’s during LOT. 

56 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Based on Elizabeth Tulloch’s Instagram stories we know she’s in Batwoman. So does that mean we won’t see Iris after Barry returns from the speed force? (I believe Barry does disappear in the Flash part as the cliffhanger)

We know at some point she’s in the Waverider with a bunch of other suits...I would assume that’s during LOT. 

They were filming the Flash episode when they took the pic in the Waverider.

Either Barry doesn't disappear at all or he and Iris will have their emotional reunion in the Flash winter premiere.

I can only hope they won't have them reunite off screen 😒

3 minutes ago, Starry said:

They were filming the Flash episode when they took the pic in the Waverider.

Either Barry doesn't disappear at all or he and Iris will have their emotional reunion in the Flash winter premiere.

I can only hope they won't have them reunite off screen 😒

I feel like people are focusing too much on the Flash part of the crossover as the possible episode where Barry disappers. All we were told was he supposedly dies on December 10th. That is basically the Crisis event. Crisis wont be taking a 1 month break like the episodes. I still think that just like the original Crisis report suggested Barry will disappear when the Reverse Flash reappers sometimes during Crisis. It could very well mean the end of the crossover. Because as far we have seen Barry is present at all the important fights. 

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

I feel like people are focusing too much on the Flash part of the crossover as the possible episode where Barry disappers. All we were told was he supposedly dies on December 10th. That is basically the Crisis event. Crisis wont be taking a 1 month break like the episodes. I still think that just like the original Crisis report suggested Barry will disappear when the Reverse Flash reappers sometimes during Crisis. It could very well mean the end of the crossover. Because as far we have seen Barry is present at all the important fights. 

Like @wingster55 I originally thought that he would disappear during the Flash episode not because of the date but because I assumed they wanted his disappearance to be one of the cliffhangers before the break.

But I get what you mean about the date. The in-universe date for the Arrow and Legends episodes can still be December 10th. The fact is that Iris is the one who reports the news. Whatever happens I just need her absence in the last two episodes to make sense and for important stuff to not take place off screen.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Like @wingster55 I originally thought that he would disappear during the Flash episode not because of the date but because I assumed they wanted his disappearance to be one of the cliffhangers before the break.

But I get what you mean about the date. The in-universe date for the Arrow and Legends episodes can still be December 10th. The fact is that Iris is the one who reports the news. Whatever happens I just need her absence in the last two episodes to make sense and for important stuff to not take place off screen.

Also i think the Crisis article always implied that Iris wasnt there at the end of Crisis but was reporting according to eyewitness reports. So it kind does make sense. 

3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

. Crisis wont be taking a 1 month break like the episodes.

I think it will. Have Barry disappear, have Arrow be a relative calm with people thinking the battle is over. Then have them proven wrong, Barry return and in LOT the actual battle. 
There must be a reason Cress is only in Flash and Legends as per his insta. 

Crisis on Infinite Earths will “change a lot”, says Arrow star: “We don’t know who’s safe!”
By pete   November 5, 20190
https://heraldpublicist.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-will-change-a-lot-says-arrow-star-we-dont-know-whos-safe/ 

Talking to HEARALPUBLICIST about what to anticipate from the five-show crossover, Arrow star Joseph David-Jones mentioned “Marc Guggenheim [Arrowverse writer/producer] actually went to bat for this occasion… I do know followers are loopy enthusiastic about it.

“It’s the first time that something of this magnitude has been done on TV, with multiple shows crossing over with each other.”
David-Jones, who performs Connor Hawke on Arrow, revealed that Guggenheim went to Warner Bros. with “a laundry list of things that he wanted from the comic books” to incorporate within the TV model of Disaster, which can characteristic – amongst different issues – Brandon Routh returning as Superman for the primary time since 2006 film Superman Returns and Tom Welling reprising his function from Smallville.

“He [Guggenheim] just dropped these hundreds of items or whatever and they’re like, ‘OK, settle down, I don’t know if we can get Christian Bale to be Batman!’ – but I know that he’s going to do it justice, man, and it’s going to be amazing,” David-Jones mentioned.

That mentioned, the actor couldn’t completely quash fan issues concerning a few of their favorite Arrowverse characters…

“It’s going to change a lot,” he warned. “People want to know that the characters they love are safe… [but] we don’t know who’s safe!”

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, wingster55 said:

I think it will. Have Barry disappear, have Arrow be a relative calm with people thinking the battle is over. Then have them proven wrong, Barry return and in LOT the actual battle. 
There must be a reason Cress is only in Flash and Legends as per his insta. 

The battle will definetely take place in 2019. And according to the timeline in s7 of Arrow Oliver died in 2019.  Its very telling that Oliver and his daughter were only captured by paps on the set of Supergirl where they participated at a fight.  Unlike Barry who is present in every battle. You can see Oliver is missing in quite a few of these. Barry and Sara also seem to bring Mia to Constantine which is most likely due to Oliver temporary dying. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

The Monitor just offered Black Siren a deal to restore Earth 2: betray Oliver. My guess is this is the Anti Monitor in disguise or The Monitor is testing her. He was angry when Oliver brought her to Earth Prime instead of letting her die with her Earth so this may be how she finally proves she doesn’t want to be a villain anymore. If it’s the Anti Monitor then I’d guess he’s manipulating her to divide Team Arrow and weaken their chance of succeeding in the Crisis. Beyond that I have no idea how this connects to Crisis. 

• Love 1

Any scoop on The Flash? –Joao
While on the horn with Carlos Valdes, I of course had to ask when the characters on The Flash will learn that Earth-Two has been erased from existence (at the close of Arrow‘s weeks-ago season premiere). His answer? “The fate of that Earth, all of those questions are answered when the crossover starts [on Sunday, Dec. 8]. That really is when the s–t stars to hit the fan, so to speak. Everything up until then is more just a Crisis ramp-up.”

https://tvline.com/2019/11/06/walking-dead-season-10-spoilers-negan-tested-by-alpha/

CW Star LaMonica Garrett on his New Movie with Nicolas Cage "Primal"
KTLA 5   Nov. 7, 2019

This segment aired on the KTLA 5 Morning News, Thursday, Nov. 6, 2019.

-- On the Monitor and Anti-Monitor, LMG: "He's more of a bad cop, worse cop... Both of them are bad. It depends how you look at it, but they're both fun characters to play."

-- On whether it's a separate paycheck for each Arrowverse show, LMG: "I wish it was. (Laughs) Yeah, it's all good. You're doing what you love, it's all good."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, wingster55 said:

Iris was in all 4 episodes of the Earth X crossover.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Iris was in all 4 episodes of the Earth X crossover.

Only physically. She was the only person who was in all 4 episodes that had no arc, despite there being an obvious story. 

Ok, Kara and Sara didn’t have an arc either. 

FYI, here's video of yesterday's "Smallville Archrivals" panel with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover at Wizard World Austin (video by Fandom Spotlite, I don't believe there were any COIE comments during this panel):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfHNNoLoRtg

There was also a separate "Women of Smallville" panel with Kristen Kreuk, Erica Durance and Laura Vandervoort at this same comic con, but I haven't seen any video of it yet on youtube. However, fans posted short video clips from this panel here and here on instagram.

ETA: I can't imagine that MG would wipe out Smallville's Clark & Lois in COIE. I wonder if all of the destroyed Earths and fallen heroes will ultimately just get transported to a parallel universe.

Edited by tv echo

Black Lightning Star Cress Williams Says One of His Favorite Scenes He Shot This Year Was With Grant Gustin
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 10, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/11/10/black-lightning-cress-williams-scene-with-grant-gustin/ 

While The Flash is not likely to come to Freeland, it seems that during his time on the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover, Black Lighting star Cress Williams shot a scene with The Flash's Grant Gustin that is among his favorite things this season. Williams said that he could not say anything about the scene, but that he and Gustin immediately clicked, and apparently the result was something special. Williams, whose show has existed outside of the multiverse seen on shows like The Flash and Supergirl, will join "Crisis on Infinite Earths" in December, marking the first time Black Lightning has shared a space with any of The CW's other supehreroes.
"What stands out to me -- and I think, just because it was totally different -- was honestly a scene, I can't tell you about anything, but, a scene that I did in Vancouver," Williams told reporters after being asked about his favorite scenes so far this season. "That was a lot of fun. I think I can say it was with Grant....But, it was, you're working with a new person, and a new environment...and, Grant and I, behind the scenes, discovered that we have a lot of the same sensibilities, when it comes to the work. And they wrote a scene that was really just a good person-to-person scene. It went by so fast, but, it was really fun to do."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Looks like a group of media reporters made a set visit to Atlanta - hence the similar reporting...

Cress Williams talks Crisis On Infinite Earths
AfterBuzz TV Red Carpets & Interviews   Nov. 9, 2019

Host Drew Jones visits the set of Black Lightning and gets the behind the scenes look at the remainder of season 3.

-- On what it was like to stand with a bunch of other superheroes, Cress Williams: "First of all, it was awesome. It was just massive, the amount of people, you know? Ah, the amount of Number Ones, the amount of superheroes, was just massive. And, uh, they handled it well. But then there was - you had these out-of-body moments when you just kind of - not while you're acting but in between shots when you just looked around and everybody's in some sort of costume and you're like, 'this is weird...' Everyone's in capes and tights and you're like, 'wow, this is really bizarre.' But, um, all in all, it was great. You know, they welcomed me with open arms, and I had a blast...." 

-- In response to interviewer saying that, after COIE ends, everything becomes one Earth in the comics, Cress Williams: "I don't know. Maybe it does."

-- On what we can expect from the Pierces' life going forward after Crisis, Cress Williams: "You know, it's a new normal. I mean, I will say that - that in our new reality we were the heroes and although these big, you know, infamous heroes were just comic books, um, and so that's different now. And, um, yeah.... (Laughs)." 

-- On his favorite scene so far, Cress Williams: ""What stands out to me -- and I think, just because it was totally different -- was honestly a scene, I can't tell you about anything, but, a scene that I did in Vancouver. Uh, that was a lot of fun, I think, partly just, you know, I mean, I guess I can say it was with Grant. Um, but it was, um - so you're working with a new person in a new environment, that's just always kind of is (makes gesture with his hands) ... And Grant and I, like, just behind the scenes, really discovered that we have a lot of the same sensibilities when it comes to the work. And they wrote a scene that was really just a good, you know, person-to-person scene... It went by, like,  so fast, but it was really fun to do." 

-- Cress Williams said that he had such a blast working on COIE that he wants to be a part of next year's crossover as well. He also said that he wants the other shows' characters to come to Atlanta (where Black Lightning shoots their series).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

-- In response to interviewer saying that, after COIE ends, everything becomes one Earth in the comics, Cress Williams: "I don't know. Maybe it does."

-- On what we can expect from the Pierces' life going forward after Crisis, Cress Williams: "You know, it's a new normal. I mean, I will say that - that in our new reality we were the heroes and although these big, you know, infamous heroes were just comic books, um, and so that's different now. And, um, yeah.... (Laughs)."

That does seem to confirm that the Earths are combined into one Earth.

12 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Why is Mia there? Like seriously.

She, William and Connor Hawke were all transported to the present most likely due to Monitor interference. And i am pretty sure Mia has an important SL that involves Oliver, Constantine and Lucifer. 

Monitor also hinted at Mia being important in Arrow s7 finale. So i am guess she is important for Crisis. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 6