Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Rachel Skarsten and Meagan Tandy are listed among the guests for this block of WB panels- maybe they'll be asked about COIE during press interviews, if not during the Batwoman panel...

New York Comic Con, October 3-6, 2019 (NY)
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Explore/Panels/Panels-And-Screenings/#/event/warner-bros-television-block-featuring-riverdale-manifest-roswell-harley-quinn-and-batwoman

Warner Bros. Television Block featuring Riverdale, Manifest, Roswell, Harley Quinn, and Batwoman
Sunday, October 6
10:30 am-2:45 pm
1:35 PM – 2:45 PM Batwoman Pilot Screening and Q&A –– ....

Edited by tv echo
On 9/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, way2interested said:

This brought to mind something from the comics

Spoiler

Pretty early on they get sent in teams to 5 places to protect machines the monitor put in those places. One of those places is the old west. So when I see this it makes me wonder if this is the team that gets sent to the old west

Spoiler tag, just to be safe. I wasn't sure since the comic seems to be discussed pretty openly, but when I went back in the thread I also saw some instances of people using the spoiler tag.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Splitting them up in teams would make it easier to film. 

I think Welling only filmed for a day, so I think most of these will be a quick cameo. Durance may be playing double duty as Lois and Kara's mother so she may have more scenes. 

7 hours ago, RedVitC said:

... But I do think all that will have to be balanced within the larger story that's being told. I guess this crossover has a difficult job because it’s trying to do so much things. In no particular order:

- Of course, just telling a good, cohesive, story and also being a good crossover, Juggling all those characters

-adapting one of the biggest DC Comics stories in a satisfying way. A story in which sometimes characters that are not prominent characters in the arrowverse have the biggest roles. And giving the adaptation the feeling that it's larger than the arrowverse

-Finishing/dealing with a 5-6 year arc on the flash and giving it the proper weight and make it a satisfying end (?) to that arc. They’ve basically been like, Barry will disappear!!  crisis!!! For 5+ years on the show so they have their work cut out for them to pay that off for the Flash regardless of what ends up happening with Barry's disappearance.

-Saying goodbye to Arrow, the show and the characters, most notably Oliver, and giving them a proper  send off  (in terms of the larger universe, I know there are 2 Arrow episodes after). Not sure about the characters that will stick around through spin offs or go to other shows though. I guess that will have to be set up, and I imagine that when it comes to Mia

Reveal spoiler

she will get a decent amount of scenes with Oliver and have him pass the mantle of Green Arrow to her for the spin-off

-In some cases setting up storylines (potentially introducing new characters?) for the other shows for the second half of the season

Just a general reminder:

giphy.gif

😉

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Tom looks like a giant compared to Tyler. Lol. 

Tyler looks like the kind of kid who would regularly have gotten stuffed into lockers and given wedgies in high school compared to Tom. Heck, I think I would even have stuffed him into a locker.

I'm more interested to know who from the regular casts are gonna be in the crossover then the guest stars. Bitsie Tulloch (Lois) posted a photo with Jesse Rath so Brainy is in the crossover. Of the actual Supergirl cast I think only Kara, Brainy and J'onn are confirmed to be in it. 

THIS BLOG POST IS FOR A "ARROW" SEASON 8 EPISODE 08, AND MAY CONTAIN POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON, AND THE CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS CROSS OVER EVENT.
This week, I finally got to a cross over set of my own. Unfortunately, because of the area they were filming in, it was a nearly impossible place to see any of what was going on. Arrow was on location in Burnaby's Central Park for a scene in the park with Supergirl lead Melissa Benoist as Supergirl, and Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor. Of course, the last any Supergirl fans saw of Lex, he was laying dead in a chair before The Monitor comes in, sees him and waves his hands. Has Supergirl/Kara seen Lex since?

With Arrow being 1 of the last episodes in the major event, it is hard to believe this is the 1st time Kara sees Lex since last season. But her reaction in the park, the only detail I CAN give you, since she says it so loudly is "what are you doing here?".

I know that The Flash starts their crossover this week, in fact, if my details are right, it starts today. The only show I do not know about is Legends, but I feel they too are on it, meaning all 5 shows are now working on COIE.

On Sunday, I took a rare chance to see if I could meet any of the people coming in for it. I was definitely rewarded for my efforts. Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in almost everything, came in to do his role in Crisis as an older Bruce Wayne. A bit later, the aforementioned Jon Cryer arrived. I also saw Katherine McNamara & David Ramsey from Arrow, and Danielle Panabaker from The Flash come in.

Edited by tv echo

This is mostly about the Flash (spoilers for the flash) but he makes some comments about crisis. He talks a bit about visiting Elseworlds set last year and how they talked about getting Tom Welling in the crossover. He mentions at some points there are 'other cameos' which does lean back into the idea that a lot of these actors from other shows being announced are there for cameos.

But on the other hand he also talks about characters that haven't crossed into our universe meeting  characters and fighting side by side and raises the question what they are going through emotionally and how their emotions mirror the emotions of characters we know like Oliver, Barry and Sara

He talks a bit about Crisis and Barry/Iris starting around 6:30 and a little more around 27:20

He talks a bit about Crisis and Tom's character around 18:40

He starts talking about Crisis (including about going to the Elseworlds set etc I described above) around 22:47

He also mentions Barry, Cisco and Caitlin might have a moment during crisis

I'm listening to it again so I'll try to add some more timestamps later if I can

Edited by RedVitC
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I'm more interested to know who from the regular casts are gonna be in the crossover then the guest stars. Bitsie Tulloch (Lois) posted a photo with Jesse Rath so Brainy is in the crossover. Of the actual Supergirl cast I think only Kara, Brainy and J'onn are confirmed to be in it. 

I know Alex isn’t a part of the comic story, but I can’t see her being left out of the crossover. She may not appear in all the episodes but I think she’ll appear in episodes outside of Supergirl.

Aside from the 5 main characters of each show, who is likely to show up in all five episodes?

How close is the crossover supposed to be to the comic story? 

It would be annoying to leave Alex out, not only because of her importance to Kara but because her actual job is to protect the earth from extra-terrestrial threats. Her completely sitting out the destruction of the multiverse would be pretty stupid. 

I imagine earth-38 Clark will be in all five episodes. Possibly Lois too.I wouldn't be surprised to see Constantine in all five. Caitlyn/Killer Frost, Cisco and Diggle could appear in all five too. 

Edited by Oreo2234
2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Aside from the 5 main characters of each show, who is likely to show up in all five episodes?

I feel certain that Flash and Supergirl are most likely to have multiple regulars in all five episodes but that's not really based on anything.

My guess is that Diggle, Brainy, J'onn, Alex, Cisco, Iris, Constantine and probably Nate are the most likely Arrowverse regulars to be in all five episodes. I don't expect to see any Batwoman character other than Kate show up in all five. Diggle is Oliver's brother and the only remaining Arrow regular he actually trusts so he makes sense. Brainy's from the future and may have valuable information while J'onn and Alex are essential to any fight Kara's in so they make sense. I can't see Cisco not being a part of this every step and no way would Iris stay behind while Barry is in the fight that is supposed to make him disappear. Since Routh will be in Superman mode and my Zari is in a happy future, that leaves Con and Nate for backup. Con will be an asset due to his magic and the budget will allow Nate to do his steel thing. I'd like to see Charlie and Mick in all five but I don't expect it.

I do think we'll see Tyler's Superman in most if not all of the episodes. Same for Bitsy's Lois. Otherwise I have no idea who among the non-regulars is likely to be in all of it.

Since Marc G tweeted that some of the people in Crisis will be in the end credits rather than opening that points to surprises and now I'm hoping this means that we might get a little Mark Hamill. He doesn't need to be present as they can just loop in his Joker voice. He can play Joker if they don't use the name as we learned from Jerome and Jeremiah on Gotham.

• Love 1

Since Cisco doesn't have powers anymore, if he's in all 5 parts, I'm expecting his role to be minimal, or only significant in a couple of the episodes. Danielle Panabaker has said that she's not in every episode, which is a change, so maybe Cisco's not in all of them either.

• Useful 1

That is surprising. If Caitlyn/Killer Frost isn't even in all five episodes when the crossover is so important to The Flash then I wouldn't expect to see any Supergirl regular other than Kara in all five episodes. ScarryNikki12 I agree that none of the Batwoman supporting characters will be a big part of the crossover. 

I could see Lex Luthor being in most episodes, especially if Clark and/or Lois are in them. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Nate has never crossed over to another show, I can’t see him suddenly appearing in all five this year.

4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

This one seems like they are doing a little more mixing of the characters on other shows than the last ones. Since Supergirl was on the Arrow set and Legends were on the Batwoman set. 

Since cast members seem to be randomly filming on various shows, it gives me hope that the crossover will be one long movie, like the Earth-X crossover. In a way what’s most important is each episode’s placement in the crossover. So Supergirl may have been on the Arrow set, but all that means is that they’re filming part four.

• Love 1

In my opinion only the leads will be in all five episodes. Some characters will be more prominent than others but there are too many actors to pay to have multiple people in five episodes.

For Supergirl I expect Alex, J'onn and Brainy to have a bigger role.

For Flash Wells/Pariah/Reverse Flash will be in it a lot. If they love me they'll give Joe and Iris more to do. Candice has been filming with Bitsie so at least she hasn't been relegated to Flash only like in previous years.

For Arrow I expect Diggle and Mia to be more prominent than the others.

No-one from Batwoman will be in it a lot. No idea about Legends.

Edited by Starry
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

... So Supergirl may have been on the Arrow set, but all that means is that they’re filming part four.

If they are filming this as one big 'movie', I don't think which set the actors are on is going to indicate which part they are in, though.

• Love 2

Lyla as Harbinger isn't surprising, but I thought Oliver was playing the Harbinger role. So what is the Monitor's job for Oliver?

Edited by Trini

On Harbinger's look (and I was only half-hopeful that Lyla might become the "actual" Harbinger):

For those who haven't seen it, here's her first in-costume appearance (from this excellent page😞

page-14.jpg

1 minute ago, Trini said:

So what is the Monitor job for Oliver?

Black Lantern in training?

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

I'm happy they are sticking to her being Harbinger and it looks great but 8 years in the making? They haven't exactly been doing anything to lead her up to this reveal. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm happy they are sticking to her being Harbinger and it looks great but 8 years in the making? They haven't exactly been doing anything to lead her up to this reveal. 

I think he means that the Lyla/Harbinger thing was actually planned all along for when they did Crisis. And I'm guessing that that pic Lamonica shared was from Sgt. Rock, when they showed the Monitor in full for the first time.

• Love 1

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Supernatural, S.H.I.E.L.D., Resident, Chicago PD, Riverdale and More
By Michael Ausiello / October 2 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/10/02/greys-anatomy-amelia-pregnant-season-16-spoilers/

Question: Any idea where Supergirl is going to take the relationship between Alex and Kelly? —Vicky
Ausiello:
“Kelly and Alex haven’t said ‘I love you’ yet, but they they grow in their relationship,” newly promoted series regular Azie Tesfie told us. And maybe a certain “Crisis” is what will nudge their relationship to the next level. “The crossover [launching Dec. 8 on Supergirl] is chaos, and I think amid chaos everybody kind of shifts and changes,” Tesfie teases. Kelly Olsen’s portrayer points out that at least in the early stretch of Season 5, she has had more scenes outside of said romance than in it, as Jimmy’s sister gets pulled into the Black Mirror-like storyline. “She thinks tech is for good, and it ends up putting her life in danger…. She misses seeing the bad in a lot of people this season.”

Edited by tv echo

Based on spoilers so far (above and below), the following regular/recurring cast members will appear in the COIE crossover event (although there will likely be more than what's been spoiled)...

Arrow:
Stephen Amell
David Ramsey
Audrey Marie Anderson
Katherine McNamara*
Katie Cassidy Rodgers*
Juliana Harkavy*
Rick Gonzalez
Joseph David-Jones?

(* Also announced to star in a Mia/Canaries spinoff-backdoor pilot at The CW.)

Flash:
Grant Gustin
Candice Patton
Tom Cavanagh
Danielle Panabaker
John Wesley Shipp

Legends:
Caity Lotz
Brandon Routh
Tala Ashe
Matt Ryan
Johnathon Schaech

Supergirl:
Melissa Benoist
Chyer Leigh
Katie McGrath
Nicole Maines
Azie Tesfie
Tyler Hoechlin
Elizabeth Tulloch
Jon Cryer

Black Lightning:
Cress Williams

Batwoman:
Ruby Rose

Edited by tv echo
UPDATED
  • Love 1

SA's facebook live yesterday was mostly about his new Nocking Point wine, but he briefly mentioned the crossover...

-- SA: "Greetings from crossover land! The land where dreams go to die. Not actually. It's a lot, with three different shows today, and... yeah. You saw the picture of me yesterday. I looked like garbage. But that's okay."

I don't know exactly when this instagram live story was recorded - MG had tweeted that crossover production began on Sep. 24, but SA's comment about a "long day on set" was tweeted on Sep. 20 (and referenced 807 of Arrow, not the crossover)....

#DavidRamsey #Live #Arrow #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths
Kara Zor-El   Oct 2, 2019

-- DR: "I'm sittin' in my trailer. Lunchtime on Arrow. Crossover. Crossover began today. Day One of crossover. And I had bread pudding with lunch. It was delicious. Uh, Caity Lotz is here. Grant Gustin is here. Um, tomorrow I go over to the Flash set for Day One of Flash of the crossover. Batwoman, I think, started two days ago."

-- DR: "Back to what I was talking about, the crossover. Day One of the crossover begins today. Tomorrow begins Flash. Um, and I saw what Stephen posted about, um, him having a long day on set today. Uh, he and the rest of our cast are giving it their all. And, um, I just really appreciate you guys. I wanted to post it and share with you my bread pudding moment. They just called me back to set. We started crossover. And, until the next time."

Edited by tv echo
9 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

So they’re just going to drop new Zari into the crossover? She doesn’t have the air totem anymore, curious how she will fit in.

It may just be a cameo or maybe her doppelgänger will contribute to the fight. Either way I’m happy to see my Zari even if I’d prefer her fighting alongside Sara and Con to represent the LOT contingent. 

• Love 1

I'm glad at least some version of Zari will be in it. It would be a shame is she were left out of the crossover. 

The Hollywood North Buzz guy seemed to think the Supergirl filming was for a regular episode but didn't seem sure.