Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Isn't that where people are speculating Oliver (and Felicity) end up? Could all be there together. 

I think a lot will be one scene or glorified cameos, especially since they couldn't give MR any info at all, they've clearly not thought something through to pitch properly and very close to filming, I don't blame him for passing. They wanted him to do it for peanuts just for the sake of being in it. 

With the news that the CW is looking at a Mia Smoak/Siren/Dinah spin off there's an increased likelihood that Mia is in COIE and theoretically that something happens to change or merge her circumstances (Future Team Arrow) she gets thrown back into the past or "young" BS and Dinah into the future. 

Unless we're talking about Cisco and Caitlin the Flash cast usually gets scraps during crossovers. The only thing that gives me some hope is that they have a new showrunner who can better vouch for his shows characters. Obviously the previous ones didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Despite Crisis being first introduced on Flash, I don't expect the show to get favored unless we are talking about the Flash portion which is going to be action-packed as it's the last episode before the one-month break.

My expectations are on the floor as far as the Supergirl cast is concerned and that includes the title character.

With this being Arrow last season I wonder if they are finally going to let Laurel cross over.

4 hours ago, Featherhat said:

With the news that the CW is looking at a Mia Smoak/Siren/Dinah spin off there's an increased likelihood that Mia is in COIE and theoretically that something happens to change or merge her circumstances (Future Team Arrow) she gets thrown back into the past or "young" BS and Dinah into the future. 

This sounds plausible. I doubt they want the old versions of Laurel and Dinah to be main characters in the spin off.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Isn't that where people are speculating Oliver (and Felicity) end up? Could all be there together. 

Yes indeed.

34 minutes ago, Starry said:

I doubt they want the old versions of Laurel and Dinah to be main characters in the spin off.

I doubt they want to spend the money to sustain a future hellworld as a permanent setting. Although, was Mia's future the same one that Zari was from on Legends, where metas were illegal and ARGUS was hunting them all down? Because that future has been cancelled.

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

I doubt they want to spend the money to sustain a future hellworld as a permanent setting. Although, was Mia's future the same one that Zari was from on Legends, where metas were illegal and ARGUS was hunting them all down? Because that future has been cancelled.

No, different future, that they already spent extra money developing a pseudo-backdoor pilot last season and tons of narrative time in s7 and s8 to keep going.

4 hours ago, Starry said:

With this being Arrow last season I wonder if they are finally going to let Laurel cross over.

Laurel was in the Vandal Savage crossover and the aliens induced a version of her in the Invasion crossover. I’m sure we’ll see Black Siren participate in Crisis as well. She’s not mentioned in Iris’ article so it remains to be seen how much she’ll participate but I’d be surprised if she’s left out. 

Regarding Welling, given Amell’s excitement at having him participate, and my own cynicism, I wouldn’t put it past these producers to give him a significant role. So I’ll assume that until we know otherwise. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Laurel was in the Vandal Savage crossover and the aliens induced a version of her in the Invasion crossover. I’m sure we’ll see Black Siren participate in Crisis as well. She’s not mentioned in Iris’ article so it remains to be seen how much she’ll participate but I’d be surprised if she’s left out.

I meant cross over to one of the other shows. I think she's one of the few main Arrow characters who's never appeared on another show during the big crossovers. 

Speaking of Iris' article, I assume the moment the date changed the content changed as well. Maybe the Flash premiere will show the updated version.

7 hours ago, Starry said:

Unless we're talking about Cisco and Caitlin the Flash cast usually gets scraps during crossovers. The only thing that gives me some hope is that they have a new showrunner who can better vouch for his shows characters. Obviously the previous ones didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

I'm curious if the "Black Lightning" showrunners will also advocate for its characters not to be given the shaft and disrespected. I really hope Eric W. has the courage to stand up for his full cast, particularly Iris, in this last crossover to end all crossovers. I doubt James Olsen will fair well since he's never been given his due as the male lead of "Supergirl."

16 hours ago, MarkHB said:

If they follow the book, yes... Although Tom and Erica could get the special "pocket universe" treatment that was gifted to the Earth 2 Kal and Lois in the book.

Well that will mean they are dead right? if you cant return to earth to your life and loved ones, arent you just as good as dead?

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Speaking of Iris' article, I assume the moment the date changed the content changed as well. Maybe the Flash premiere will show the updated version.

I don’t have a screenshot but I remember the updated article in the Flash finale mentioned the major players and Sara was the only Canary specifically mentioned. I think we will see Siren in the LOT hour since it closes the event and will presumably include everyone in the final battle but I don’t expect her to be in all the episodes with the leaders. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, adora721 said:

I'm curious if the "Black Lightning" showrunners will also advocate for its characters not to be given the shaft and disrespected. I really hope Eric W. has the courage to stand up for his full cast, particularly Iris, in this last crossover to end all crossovers. I doubt James Olsen will fair well since he's never been given his due as the male lead of "Supergirl."

I think the situation with Black Lightning is different because while the characters are in the crossover, the show itself isn't a part of it. Though it would be interesting to see how Jefferson and the rest fare compared to the other guests.

This is Mehcad's last season but I am not sure if he's leaving before or after Crisis. If James is in the crossover I am afraid he'll be one of the casualties.

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

I don’t have a screenshot but I remember the updated article in the Flash finale mentioned the major players and Sara was the only Canary specifically mentioned. I think we will see Siren in the LOT hour since it closes the event and will presumably include everyone in the final battle but I don’t expect her to be in all the episodes with the leaders. 

Thanks for the info. I was sure they only showed the date changing. This is proof of how little attention I payed to season 5.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Starry said:

This is Mehcad's last season but I am not sure if he's leaving before or after Crisis. If James is in the crossover I am afraid he'll be one of the casualties.

I’m not sure either, but it wouldn’t be unprecedented.  That’s how they wrote Victor Garber out of Legends a couple of years ago.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Starry said:

I wouldn't take the contents of the article as canon for who will or won't participate; since it's just filler copy written before they even started writing the scripts.

It's only(?) appeared on The Flash, and the main point is the headline, and how it affects Barry and his family.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think that newspaper is, pretty much useless at this point LOL. Its keeps changing and will likely change again. The article, Iris will eventually write post crisis airing, will most likely have different information. different events, different dates., new characters added in, others out, They will just explain it all away that the timeline changed.

I think there is a good chance that a lot of the Arrow cast will be in most episodes of the crossover, if not all of them. Oliver will bring his team and the other team leaders will bring theirs too. This will be Oliver''s big moment, and they are using this story event, to give Arrow a sent off.  Unlike the other shows, where crisis is a B/C subplot, Crisis is pretty much the story of Arrow season 8. JMO. 

Edited by suncity
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, suncity said:

Oliver will bring his team and the other team leaders will bring theirs too. JMO. 

Agreed. But the leaders of each of the teams are: Oliver, Kara, Barry, Kate, and Sara so they (well, their titles) are what gets the focus for the readers who want to learn more details about the battle. The producers made a point to remove The Atom and Hawkgirl from the original article and add in White Canary and Batwoman with a general mention of other legendary heroes joining them. It was done on purpose to indicate who is going to be leading the fight against the Anti-Monitor.

That's all I'm saying. Whatever they have Black Siren do, she's not the leader of one of the teams, but will be fighting alongside the other members of (in her case) Team Arrow. She's not going to suddenly be calling the shots in the battle. She's not going to be a casualty and her participation in a significant moment before the final win will probably be as part of a group (Dinah and probably Killer Frost to let Cassidy and Panabaker have a scene together). So, by extension, she's not likely to get singled out in Iris' article. It'll be along the lines of "and the duo of Black Canary and Black Siren defeated Bad Guys A & B which allowed Killer Frost to do X" while the more in depth and detailed parts will be focused on the team leaders, special guest characters like the Supermen, and things like how the world reacts and responds. 

Anyway I thought of a new question while I was typing all of that: how likely do we think they'll include the part of the story where characters forget about the Crisis once it's over? I would assume that all the characters who survive the Crisis and stick around on their shows will remember but maybe it will start to fade in the minds of the general public? It would be pretty unsatisfying if they had all but a couple characters forget as soon as it's done because the fallout, handled correctly, should provide some amazing material.

• Love 1

But the leaders of each of the teams are: Oliver, Kara, Barry, Kate, and Sara so they (well, their titles) are what gets the focus for the readers who want to learn more details about the battle. 

Of course, I totally agree about this. The Team Leaders [Oliver, Kara, Barry, Kate, and Sara] are almost certainly the fixed constant of the crossover and the newspaper, no arguments there. I'm just expecting more participation from Team Arrow members/Arrow characters than usual, just my guess and wish , I could be wrong but I will keep the hope. Also they may have to add on characters like Jefferson/Black Lightning, he is a team leader/main character in his show, maybe, just a theory.

So, by extension, she's not likely to get singled out in Iris' article. It'll be along the lines of "and the duo of Black Canary and Black Siren defeated Bad Guys A & B which allowed Killer Frost to do X" while the more in depth and detailed parts will be focused on the team leaders, special guest characters like the Supermen, and things like how the world reacts and responds. 

thats fair enough, im totally cool with the Team Leaders being the headliners. Other smaller heroes should get  a mention too, but its not a big deal to me. Whats more important to me is that different characters and all the teams are given their time to shine to make one great epic event, . Elseworlds focused way too much on the Trinity and Superman. 

how likely do we think they'll include the part of the story where characters forget about the Crisis once it's over? I

Thats a big question, I got no idea. Perhaps the Monitor will wipe out the memories of everyone involved except the heroes. The other alternative is to  handle this like "The Blip" in the MCU, with everyone in the world aware, but dealing with Post Crisis hysteria and trauma would derail the seasons. Batwoman is too new to do that. Just my theory.

Edited by suncity
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, adora721 said:

How many Black Lightning characters are crossing over? I’d assumed it was just Jefferson. I don’t expect him to be in many episodes, but I hope that he’ll be acknowledged as a leader and not stuck with the sidekicks.

I don’t think James will have much to do, but I don’t think they’ll kill him off during Crisis either. Maybe the whole event will trigger his PTSD and he’ll decide to leave town.

48 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Anyway I thought of a new question while I was typing all of that: how likely do we think they'll include the part of the story where characters forget about the Crisis once it's over?

That would be really frustrating. Which means they’ll probably do it.

• Love 1

I think Black Lightning, Thunder and Lightning are all crossing over.

I expect most of the guest stars to have a role comparable to JWS in Elseworlds last year.  Not a blink and you'll miss it moment, but not exactly integral to the plot either. 

• Love 1
Per MG's tweet (above), Sep. 24 was the first day of COIE production. From the tweets above and below, they are starting with the Batwoman crossover episode and this episode includes the two Lois Lanes (ET, ED) and Mia Smoak (KM)...

EFRHXh4XoAEsS0w?format=jpg&name=medium
Edited by tv echo
11 hours ago, Maverick said:

I think Black Lightning, Thunder and Lightning are all crossing over.

I expect most of the guest stars to have a role comparable to JWS in Elseworlds last year.  Not a blink and you'll miss it moment, but not exactly integral to the plot either. 

I agree that at least some of these guest stars will have at least a couple scenes; it would silly to hype them up for a 10-second cameo. Especially the Supermen. But people like Burt Ward will most likely be a cameo.

I'm not getting my hopes up for Thunder and Lightning; although this crossover could certainly use more superheroines.

• Love 1

per Google Maps, that "lane south of Water St." isn't called Trounce Alley.. it's Blood Alley (and maybe Crime Alley?). The folks at Batwoman.tv (same ones who do supergirl.tv) said that they might be able to make a decent Gotham streetscape out of Gastown.... if this is it, I'll take it.

From the TVInsider article:

TV Insider has learned exclusively that Osric Chau has been cast the recurring role of Ryan Choi for this winter's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover between Arrow, The Flash, Batwoman, Supergirl and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Described as "physics professor at Ivy Town University," Ryan is "a normal guy who learns that he has a pivotal role to play in the coming crisis on infinite earths." Of course, comic-book fans recognize the name Ryan Choi as the teen genius who assumed the mantle of The Atom and joined the Justice League after Ray Palmer vanished into the microverse during DC Comics' Rebirth storyline.

https://www.tvinsider.com/817540/osric-chau-cast-crisis-of-infinite-earths-ryan-choi-atom/

---

So now I'm wondering if the other shows will be using COIE to introduce new regular/recurring characters.

• Useful 1

I figured we’d be getting Ryan Choi after he was mentioned on The Flash last year, but I didn’t think it would happen this soon. The Arrowverse is notorious for ignoring comic cannon, but in this case they decide to follow through and disappear Ray before bringing on Ryan? 

I liked Osric on Supernatural, I just hate losing Ray. Weird that Legends will probably have a former Supernatural actor join the cast for the third year in a row.

13 minutes ago, Trini said:

So now I'm wondering if the other shows will be using COIE to introduce new regular/recurring characters.

This crossover has so many people it would be insane to try to introduce new characters in the middle of the story. So yes, they’re probably going to do that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

This crossover has so many people it would be insane to try to introduce new characters in the middle of the story. So yes, they’re probably going to do that.

LOL! I mean, I thought Crisis would change some things around, and they'll hint at the ramifications; but the real effects - including new characters - would be seen in the episodes after. I guess not.

Annnd we got Birds of Prey Huntress!

https://tvline.com/2019/09/26/birds-of-prey-ashley-scott-arrowverse-crossover-huntress/?fbclid=IwAR0sn7HVwujX-6-ROE5odvxPqe9iaPkxV9yJXNk7H5H3Eenehop6lyZEtC8

Another new name has been added to the call sheet for Arrowverse’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, and it’s quite the throwback. TVLine has learned exclusively that Ashley Scott will appear in the five-part event as Huntress aka Helena Kyle, the character she played on the short-lived DC Comics drama Birds of Prey.

Premiering in 2002 on the now-shuttered WB, Birds of Prey also starred Dina Meyer as Batgirl and Rachel Skarsten (now the upcoming Batwoman‘s No. 1 baddie) as Black Canary. The series ran for 13 episodes before being cancelled due to low ratings.

• Love 3

I'll admit my first thought was wondering if her acting has improved (and it may have because I thought Rachel was awful back then as well and she's since grown into a solid actor) but my second thought is most important: DOES THIS MEAN THEY MIGHT GET DINA MEYER???? Cause I'll forgive bringing on casts from bad shows if I get some Dina Meyer.

Just now, BaggythePanther said:

Well at this point might as well have Rachel Skarsten do double duty and play Black Canary  again.

She's grown so much since those days that she'd probably be great at it. So of course they probably won't.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I don’t care how shallow this makes me, but I find Tom’s hair to be so tragic. He used to have the most gorgeous hair. I still remember his Hawt, Sexay, swagger as Kal in S3 premiere with his hair all thick and wavy and wild.

Whaaat?

2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

The Arrowverse is notorious for ignoring comic cannon, but in this case they decide to follow through and disappear Ray before bringing on Ryan? 

So would this mean that Legends Season 5 happens before Crisis, even though it airs afterwards?  Because Brandon and Courtney are still going to be in several Legends episodes before they’re written out.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

Well at this point might as well have Rachel Skarsten do double duty and play Black Canary  again.

I figured there was a greater-than-normal chance of this happening since Skarsten was on Batwoman anyway.

They're having Durance play Lois after she already played Alura; so sure, why not! I did just say that I wanted more superheroines. Now I want a female speedster. (I was hoping Nora - but now I'm thinking her reappearance might be on The Flash only.)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Looks like we know why their probably getting rid of Ray

He could probably join Legends or the Arrow spin off since they'll need a techy.

YAY. Or they can just give him his own show, Atom always had the potential for a show even though the network dont think so. Legends of Tommorow squandered Ray's potentional, they should not get another Atom, besides the show seems interested in being whatever it is now, instead of a Superhero show.. Isnt Zari not techie anymore?

Edited by suncity
  • Love 1

Ryan is my favorite Atom. I read his series, most of which was written by Gail Simone. I was bugged that whenever Ryan appeared in Batman: The Brave And The Bold, he was always stuck with the slightly-overexposed Aquaman. I liked John DiMaggio’s take on the character (“OUTRAGEOUS!!!’), but I wanted to see Ryan beyond being a straight man.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nooooooo. That series was worse than Smallville. Honestly, who demanded BoP get wedged into the event?

It wasn't a polished show, but the show has its place in history. And also they were only given 13 episodes, could have become better with time. Its a learning tool also, on what to not do and improve upon with a female Team show. 

I for one, Im just glad for the news. now I gotta rewatch this again!

Edited by suncity
  • Love 1

After years away, Smallville’s Clark & Lois (Tom Welling & Erica Durance) return to the Kent Farm for the DC crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I was there but too late to see them. They had scrims around the north side of the barn.
It was a Batwoman unit at the farm in Aldergrove used for Kent Farm so the Smallville reunion will be on the Batwoman episode of the crossover.
Looked like filming continued into the night in the barn of the neighbouring farm.
Tom Welling flew back to Los Angeles this morning. A friend was on the same flight.

IMG_9807.jpg?resize=1024,768

crossover-kent-farm1-2.jpg?resize=1024,6

crossover-kent-farm-neighbour-2.jpg?resi

Edited by tv echo

"Crisis" is mentioned in this newly released Flash trailer...

The Flash | Hit The Ground Running Trailer | The CW
The CW Network   Sep 26, 2019

Here's a partial transcription:

-- Barry (voiceover): "I saw billions of possible futures. Billions of deaths." 
-- Unidentified male voiceover: "We've got to stop you from vanishing."
-- Iris: "So what do we do first?"
-- Unidentified female voiceover: "We can still change the future."
-- Barry (voiceover): "I have to prepare the team for this Crisis."

Edited by tv echo