Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Video of entire Smallville panel at Fan Expo Canada (in Toronto) on August 25 - the COIE comments are at the very beginning (more context here)...

Smallville reunion at Fan Expo Toronto - Aug 25, 2019
Published on Aug 27, 2019, by AdamMethos

Tom Welling: "So, can I just start out with one thing? ... Whatever this 'Crisis' thing you guys are talking about, it's not happening... Michael's doing it, but I'm not."
Michael Rosenbaum: "Hang on, hang on... He's messing around... First of all, just to - the question about the Infinite Crisis thing, no one has even talked to us." 
Tom Welling: "That's the truth." 
Michael Rosenbaum: "So I'm [unintelligible word-lying?] when I go, 'I don't know what the hell they're talking about.' I don't know what the hell they're talking about! So we don't know anything about this stuff." 
Mod: "But isn't it funny that you can respond to an instagram post with just 'duh,' Tom, and it like - people literally write whole entire news pieces on what 'duh' could possibly mean?" 
Tom Welling: "I went through - I went through every word in my vocabulary and that's what they came up with."

Did anyone ask about Alison Mack.  It's still just insane to me that adorable, truth-seeking Chloe ended up running a sex slave cult as a real life supervillain.

From TH panel at Fan Expo Canada on Aug. 25 (his COIE comments were at the very beginning, I didn't watch the entire video)...

Tyler Hoechlin (Supergirl, Teen Wolf) Fan Expo Canada 2019 Q&A Panel
Published on Aug 28, 2019, by FTWvsWTF

-- On what's coming up, TH: "I'm going back to Vancouver for crossovers... Crisis On Infinite Earths. Ah, I'm very excited about that. It's going to be fun. Um, and that's kinda the next thing on the agenda."

-- On how he feels about acting opposite Brandon Routh's Superman, TH: "Ah, I'm very excited. Very excited. Ah, I can't wait to see what these guys come up with. They gave me some great stuff to play with last year with doing the two Superman thing. Um, so now that we have another person donning the suit. It's going to be great. Ah, not have to do double duty, just play against someone. So that's going to be fun... Excited to see if we're friends or foes or - I have no idea... I've not seen anything. And I'm not kidding. I'm serious. I've seen nothing."

ETA: I don't recall Allison Mack being mentioned during the Smallville panel.

Edited by tv echo

Grant Gustin Reveals How the Crisis Crossover Starts In The Flash
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 30, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/30/grant-gustin-reveals-how-the-crisis-crossover-starts-in-the-flas/

The looming danger of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" will be felt from the get-go on The Flash this season, series star Grant Gustin told ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis during an interview at Comic Con International in San Diego last month. In the season six premiere, Gustin says that The Flash will be paid a visit by The Monitor, who will tell him that in order to save the multiverse, Barry Allen has to make a sacrifice. That will likely be a major source of conflict for the first part of the season, especially after Iris West-Allen just experienced the loss of a child and likely feels like she has made enough sacrifices for the time being.
“I can’t spoil too too much because I haven’t read it yet,” Gustin admitted. “I’ve been teased a lot from our guys what it’s going to be. The Monitor shows up at the end of our first episode and says the universe is in jeopardy and in order to save the universe, Barry Allen has to die. And Barry Allen doesn’t know about this deal Oliver made with the Monitor, either, so someone’s gonna die.”

Edited by tv echo

This feels very typical of how the Flash and the crossovers treat the shows. We're supposed to be worried and sympathetic to Barry and Iris because they're worried what might happen. Meanwhile Oliver had to leave his wife and two children and Felicity raised her daughter alone in hiding. Arrow pain and sacrifices are always bigger than Flash ones so I feel gaslighted when the shows get together.

• Love 4

Why does it have to be either/or? I feel a lot of sympathy for Olicity but I’m also sympathetic to WestAllen’s emotional turmoil leading up to the crossover. Just because WestAllen’s suffering is “not as bad” as what Olicity is going through doesn’t make it any less valid. I think will be plenty of suffering to go around during COIE.

When will they start filming this thing anyway?

• Love 3

Nobody wins in the Suffering Olympics, so I'm not going to play that game. I will say that I don't think the shows themselves are doing any comparisons of pain. Everyone has stuff to deal with.

34 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

When will they start filming this thing anyway?

It should be around mid-September; the last two weeks of September.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This feels very typical of how the Flash and the crossovers treat the shows. We're supposed to be worried and sympathetic to Barry and Iris because they're worried what might happen. Meanwhile Oliver had to leave his wife and two children and Felicity raised her daughter alone in hiding. Arrow pain and sacrifices are always bigger than Flash ones so I feel gaslighted when the shows get together.

While Iris didn't go into hiding (still think Felicity going into hiding was a bit over the top) she did raise Nora by herself because Barry was missing. And while it doesn't top one or another but at least Felicity knew where Oliver was and what he was doing, if I remember correctly (could be totally wrong), Iris wasn't even sure what happened to Barry.

I do hope that they realize (probably don't/won't) that telling us "x has to die" takes any kind of surprise/thrill out of it. Kara's death in the comic Crisis was such a shock, Barrys "death" was such a shock since you weren't aware of it happening (to my knowledge). Of course they will probably kill off someone else (Superman maybe? in place of Kara?), stop hitting us over the head with Barry/Kara/Oliver dying when we know none of it gonna be happening.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I do hope that they realize (probably don't/won't) that telling us "x has to die" takes any kind of surprise/thrill out of it. Kara's death in the comic Crisis was such a shock, Barrys "death" was such a shock since you weren't aware of it happening (to my knowledge). Of course they will probably kill off someone else (Superman maybe? in place of Kara?), stop hitting us over the head with Barry/Kara/Oliver dying when we know none of it gonna be happening.

I think there will be deaths. For me, the question is whether those deaths stick, and for how long (I'm still thinking there will be some type of time jump), and what will be the ramifications. Even if none of the leads die "for real", I still think there can be stakes if the consequences of them not-dying are just as huge. But I agree that there will probably other characters (or other versions of our heroes) dying instead.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I do hope that they realize (probably don't/won't) that telling us "x has to die" takes any kind of surprise/thrill out of it. Kara's death in the comic Crisis was such a shock, Barrys "death" was such a shock since you weren't aware of it happening (to my knowledge).

The shock at the time was the idea that a major character would die and not be revealed to be A-OK by the end of the issue.  The famous cover to Crisis #7 (the death of Supergirl) was released and published in USA Today well before the Crisis series proper actually started, as DC was promoting the idea that "YES!  We're really going to change things!"  That's why the banner on that cover reads in part, "This Is It!"

So far as Barry's death goes, it was initially teased in Crisis #2, as he briefly appeared to Batman and then disintegrated, apparently into dust.  His own book had essentially gone to shit by then, having bogged down in the endless "Trial of Barry Allen," which in retrospect was probably just them stalling to get to Crisis and the end of the book with #350. Barry's death came a month after he went to live in the future with Iris in that #350 (and I can't tell you how many books across DC had "See Flash #350" footnotes in the months before it went on sale); that book came out in July and Crisis #8, "The Final Fate of The Flash," came out in August.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Just because WestAllen’s suffering is “not as bad” as what Olicity is going through doesn’t make it any less valid.

It doesn't make it less valid but it does mean that as an audience member I'm not going to feel it as much, like the refractory period after a cell has fired. Seeing Oliver apart from his family is going to lessen the emotional impact of seeing Barry and Iris together worrying but still together.

Besides, I know nothing is going to happen to either Barry or Kara so stop trying to make me fear for them. The only character in danger is Oliver because his show is ending.

14 minutes ago, Trini said:

Didn't the season finale of Arrow imply that Oliver is alive *somewhere*, and Felicity reunites with him eventually? So they will be fine too.

To be fair, theirs is an "eventually after 21 years," with the caveat that Oliver "dies" in Crisis. Barry and Kara will still be back in the x09 episodes of their seasons and beyond depending on what their consequences actually are (yeah, Barry or Kara might disappear for all we know, but they will come back within their seasons because they still have 14 episodes left in their seasons alone they have to appear in, while Oliver, unless they change the ending, is canonically gone for 20+ years that they can easily retain within the 2 episodes he has left). Barry is supposed to "die" too, but with the season left it will have to be changed, and can easily be, since his future kid is now gone and doesn't have her own completely separate plot to set up.

Edited by way2interested

From Sunday's BL panel (Cress Williams, Nafessa Williams, James Remar, Jordan Calloway)...

2019 DragonCon - Black Lightning panel, 1 Sept (1/3)
Published on Sep 1, 2019, by jocool70

Mod: "And if you weren't here yesterday, uh, you guys hadn't started filming the crossover."
Cress Williams: "No, that's not until October."
Mod: "October."
CW: "Yeah."
Mod: "October, you start filming. Thank you, sir."

Fan: "Sorry to follow this up with another Infinity Crisis question, but how do you feel about the crossover finally including the Black Lightning in The CW's DC crossover?"
CW: "Um, I'm excited about it. I'll be honest, you know, when we first, um, started the show, I mean, the fans have been wanting a crossover, like, since we were a pilot... I always wanted to get at least a season where we could establish our show and establish the world of our show. So, um, we've done that, obviously, and, um, you know, I'm excited. I think it's also going to put more eyes on our show, so I'm also excited about that. Um, we've interacted with a lot of the other cast at San Diego Comic Con and they're really cool people, so it'll be fun, uh, to play with them a little bit. So yeah, it'll be cool."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

One of the results of the this COIE might be the merging of the different Earths, but I wonder if they'll really bother with that. The main reason fans seem to think they will - besides the comic story - is that it will make crossovers simpler. But I don't think the shows themselves are much interested in crossovers, anyway.

The big Fall event gives CW something to promote; and the shows go along mostly because they have to. But outside of that, it's been mostly The Flash that has has smaller crossovers with one or two characters from other shows. There have mentions of the shared universe in dialog, though.

If they merge the worlds, I'd love more mini-crossovers, but I feel like there won't be much more even if they do.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Trini said:

One of the results of the this COIE might be the merging of the different Earths, but I wonder if they'll really bother with that. The main reason fans seem to think they will - besides the comic story - is that it will make crossovers simpler. But I don't think the shows themselves are much interested in crossovers, anyway.

The big Fall event gives CW something to promote; and the shows go along mostly because they have to. But outside of that, it's been mostly The Flash that has has smaller crossovers with one or two characters from other shows. There have mentions of the shared universe in dialog, though.

If they merge the worlds, I'd love more mini-crossovers, but I feel like there won't be much more even if they do.

You don't do COIE if you don't merge Earths....it's just useless to do it since that is the big thing. While they already screwed up Flashpoint, you still dont do Flashpoint without it having last effects afterwards (which at least it did). This is their chance to really bring back and change characters that have died or we havent seen in awhile. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

You don't do COIE if you don't merge Earths....it's just useless to do it since that is the big thing. While they already screwed up Flashpoint, you still dont do Flashpoint without it having last effects afterwards (which at least it did).

They will most likely merge Earths; I just think that it won't change much going forward when it comes to crossovers. However, I do think that other consequences will actually have more impact on the individual shows.

This is their chance to really bring back and change characters that have died or we havent seen in awhile. 

Changing up histories is something I can see them doing. Although, I'm bracing myself to hate it, since it will throw years of development away....

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Trini said:

They will most likely merge Earths; I just think that it won't change much going forward when it comes to crossovers. However, I do think that other consequences will actually have more impact on the individual shows.

Changing up histories is something I can see them doing. Although, I'm bracing myself to hate it, since it will throw years of development away....

Which was how a lot of people reacted to the changed histories that resulted from the comic-book Crisis, and I agreed with most of that reaction. About the only new history that I personally thought was an improvement was the revised backstory and new direction for Wonder Woman and the Amazons. 1986-1989 was the New Golden Age for that particular comic, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm reserving judgment on THIS COIE until I see how well it's executed and how faithful it actually stays to the source material.

Edited by legaleagle53
12 hours ago, Trini said:

That part doesn't bother me; I'm here for the action, not character investment. It probably comes from growing up in the days when every episode of a show was completely siloed and never referenced again.

7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

But I'm reserving judgment on THIS COIE until I see how well it's executed and how faithful it actually stays to the source material.

This, I'm not worried about so much.  The original had so many false endings (I think the Anti-Monitor dies at least 4 times, and he kept coming back) in an attempt to give every heavy-hitter their own spotlight that it would be impossible and ultimately pointless to try to adapt it directly. Plus, I firmly believe that both Kara and Barry will survive, and I will be shocked if Diggle's wife actually becomes Harbinger. So, keep the core of the story, merge the 2 or 3 primary Earths, let Ollie ride off into the sunset and Diggle become a GL and go off to Oa to train, never to be seen again on the CW.

• Love 1

From recap of Wolfman & Pérez panel at Dragon Con on Aug. 30 (if you recall, Wolfman will be co-writing with MG the Arrow installment of the COIE crossover event)...

Marv Wolfman & George Pérez Together Again
Nancy Northcott August 31, 2019
https://www.dragoncon.org/dailydragon/2019/marv-wolfman-george-perez-together-again/

Friday morning at 10AM in Hyatt International South, legendary comic book creators Marv Wolfman and George Pérez discussed their collaborations and their friendship. Moderator Tony Barletta, the track director, kept the conversation moving. 
Switching the focus to Crisis on Infinite Earths, Wolfman said he got the idea for streamlining the DC multiverse after getting a letter from a fan saying DC continuity made no sense. Marvel’s, he noted, was much simpler. The idea for the miniseries came to him while he waited to take a train with several other DC writers. He ran the idea by them. They liked it, and he pitched it to the publisher. DC sales were low then, except for the Titans, so the publisher decided to try it. 

Wolfman noted that Pérez caught repetition in several issues of the miniseries, something few people at DC would have criticized. The two creators agreed that having someone else to point out problems is important. 

Pérez said he loved drawing the series because it was his one chance to draw characters like the Metal Men, the Sea Devils, Sgt. Rock, and Sugar and Spike. For forty-five years, he said, he got to do something he had wanted to do since he was a small child. He described his experience as “a fanboy dream come true.” He added that he would love to collaborate once more with Wolfman, whom he considers “the gold standard” for collaborators one more time, but the vision problems that are causing him to retire prevent him from drawing to the standard he wants at the speed required. Discussing his former colleague, he said Wolfman always gave him half of the writing credit and half of the money. When royalties came in, Wolfman made sure Pérez got his share. 
While the creative team worked on Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC hired someone to read every DC comic book since the beginning and take notes. The notes didn’t come into play for Crisis but formed the core of the Who’s Who series, which Pérez drew. 

The moderator pointed out that character deaths no longer have much impact because the characters are certain to return in a year or two, if not sooner. Pérez and Wolfman responded by saying it’s important to treat the characters like real people, meaning they should react as real people would to the loss of a friend or comrade. Crisis was the first series to include major character deaths, which DC let stand for a while. Flash didn’t return for twenty years, and Supergirl returned in a different form. The pair also discussed the contrast between the two deaths. Flash died alone, and Supergirl died in front of everyone. The cover for the issue in which she died, number seven, was inspired by the Pietà. Pérez initially didn’t like the monochrome background but has come to consider it very effective. The impact of the cover came not only from her death and Superman’s grief but from the entire DC universe around them mourning. 

Edited by tv echo

Marvel's was simpler because they had a known starting point in the recent past and brought forward so few things from the Golden Age that they could ignore what didn't fit (e.g., Imposter Cap). DC had some heroes (S, B, WW, A) who had never gone out of print in the 50's and the decision to have Barry reading an old issue of Flash Comics in his first appearance meant that they couldn't just say it was all one earth. So to my mind the complexity was inevitable, but I can sympathize with new readers in the 70s when DC was actively using Earth 2 in some books.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Trini said:

Interesting. I wasn't expecting time travel shenanigans (at least not until the conclusion) since there would be so much multiverse stuff going on. So are past characters (even those who are dead in the present) fair game?

I would say so; the Monitor definitely has that kind of power.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

Interesting. I wasn't expecting time travel shenanigans (at least not until the conclusion) since there would be so much multiverse stuff going on. So are past characters (even those who are dead in the present) fair game?

I was thinking time travel shenanigans might happen what with Kevin Conroy playing an older Bruce Wayne (yeah, might be an alt-Bruce, but still a possibility, I think even one source called him a Future Bruce Wayne) and them maybe trying to fit in the Future Team Arrow at least in the Arrow episode of the crossover, so at least a confirmation of a character from the past coming in is pretty interesting.

I would think past characters who are dead could come back. Like, I think an appearance from each show's respective past/dead characters (Barry's mom, Nora, Eddie, maybe Ronnie etc. for Flash, Snart--maybe not now since WM has a new show--, Rip, Jax, or hilariously maybe the Hawkpeople for LoT, Mon-el for Supergirl, etc.) are all fair game/equal chance of happening at least in their respective episodes, although probably not for the big plot or anything

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I would say so; the Monitor definitely has that kind of power.

It would also be consistent with the comic-book COIE, which had characters from the past and the future taking part as well as characters from other Earths/universes. In fact, 

Spoiler

at one point in the comic-book series, the Monitor partially merges all five remaining universes, but in doing so, distorts the time stream to the extent that all times pretty much co-exist at the same time, so people from different eras kind of casually wander in and out of 1985. It's the historian's dream, of course, but it's also the heroes' headache and nightmare!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The Flash's Candice Patton Says Oliver Queen's Death Will Be Devastating
By AARON PERINE - September 6, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/07/the-flashs-candice-patton-says-oliver-queens-death-will-be-devastating/

Season 6 of The Flash is almost here, and fans can't wait for the show to start up this fall. Candice Patton plays Iris West on the series, and she's happy to be back with Team Flash. But, things are going to get darker this season in the Arrowverse. Oliver Queen and Arrow started it all at the CW, but the character's time is growing short. The final season of that show is here as well, and the main character sounds like he won't be making it out alright. Patton told Comicbook.com her reaction to Oliver Queen's demise.

"He's so beloved in all of these cities and by all of these superheroes. I think its going to be devastating. I mean, it's Oliver Queen. You can't replace Oliver Queen, you just can't," She said.

The loss of Stephen Amell's character wasn't the only thing Patton talked about in the interview. She also had a lot to say about how influential Arrow was during its run. The Flash star mentioned that Oliver Queen's adventures on The CW paved the way for the storytelling that they're doing now on their show. For her, there is a reason it is called the Arrowverse. The legacy Arrow left is something to be proud of, and the remaining shows are going to send the cast off right.

"It’s really weird, I didn’t notice that until someone said it earlier. We’re the senior class now, it’s crazy," Patton explained. "You have to give credit to Arrow, they’re the ones who started this. This show, this cast, these producers. They laid the groundwork for what makes these shows successful and we followed the template. We did our own thing, but they really figured out, through trial and error, what makes a show last for eight seasons. We owe them a lot for giving us a pathway to be successful."

I'm not surprised about the appearance of characters from past and/or future timelines. I don't think they want to pass up the opportunity to have Oliver interact with his future daughter but then I am not sure how the Arrow flashforwards would fit into it.

For Supergirl, the Legion seems to be an obvious choice but I haven't heard anything about Mon-El and Imra coming back even though they are bringing back Winn and the last time we saw him, he was leaving with them.

Mon-el wouldn’t be a popular choice to bring back. Especially when many of Supergirl’s current characters have barely appeared in crossovers. If anything I think that’s when Winn shows up. So I’d say, Oliver’s kids from the future, Jonah Hex, and Winn will probably be the time displaced characters. Who would come in from The Flash? Reverse Flash? 

2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Mon-el wouldn’t be a popular choice to bring back. Especially when many of Supergirl’s current characters have barely appeared in crossovers. If anything I think that’s when Winn shows up. So I’d say, Oliver’s kids from the future, Jonah Hex, and Winn will probably be the time displaced characters. Who would come in from The Flash? Reverse Flash? 

Nora for sure. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:
4 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Nora for sure. 

I'm hoping they use some future characters that we haven't seen yet; we never saw the future versions of Team Flash. But this is also an opportunity to introduce Nora's twin brother.

• Love 3

Interesting timing - the COIE crossover starts December 8...

And here's the list of all Arrowverse and Smallville guests currently scheduled for this comic con...

Wales Comic Con: Telford Takeover, December 7-8, 2019 (UK)
LaMonica Garrett, Tyler Hoechlin, Tom Welling, Erica Durance, John Glover, Alex Kingston and Arthur Darvill
https://www.walescomiccon.com/guests

Edited by tv echo

From IGN's Supergirl Season 5 preview:

"We're teeing up Crisis in our way, which is a little bit different from the way Arrow and The Flash are doing it," [showrunner Robert] Rover told us. "But it's all interconnected, and the Monitor will be a part of that storytelling." He also pointed to the return of J'onn's brother in the Season 4 finale as a major plot thread leading into Crisis, calling it "a gauntlet for J'onn."

As for how the series will be affected by the events of Crisis, Queller teased this crossover will change the status quo of Supergirl in a way previous crossovers haven't. "In general, it has more impact than our crossovers usually do. It filters into the rest of our season where normally the crossovers are standalone."

"The world will be shaken up and there will be fallout, post-Crisis," hinted Rovner.

Edited by Trini
On 9/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, Trini said:

As for how the series will be affected by the events of Crisis, Queller teased this crossover will change the status quo of Supergirl in a way previous crossovers haven't. "In general, it has more impact than our crossovers usually do. It filters into the rest of our season where normally the crossovers are standalone."

"The world will be shaken up and there will be fallout, post-Crisis," hinted Rovner.

Supergirl almost never acknowledges the crossovers. So if COIE just convinces Kara to get rid of her bangs, that still be more of an impact than usual.

2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Their responses give off somewhat different vibes to me. I don't know if she is understating or if he is overhyping things. 

It’s kind of interesting that Rovner’s comments seem like they could be referring to Supergirl shifting to Earth-1 while Queller’s comments make it seem like the COIE fallout will only affect this season. Though if Supergirl did move to Earth-1, curious if the other shows would explain the influx of aliens or just ignore it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

Though if Supergirl did move to Earth-1, curious if the other shows would explain the influx of aliens or just ignore it.

I'm guessing they'll mostly ignore. Plus, aliens seem to like National City the most. Although, I could see the Flash having to deal with some alien or alien-related threats, since he's almost the same power level as Supergirl. Batwoman probably won't want to deal with that, though.

• Love 1

I think Supergirl largely ignores the crossovers because they've all happened on Earth-1.  This time around, it'll be more like CoEX where it's one huge movie, and if they DON'T merge all the Earths at the end then they've screwed the pooch because that's what the whole story is for.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, BaggythePanther said:

Though if Supergirl did move to Earth-1, curious if the other shows would explain the influx of aliens or just ignore it.

I'm thinking that Gotham City will be left free of aliens.  But I can see legends and the flash leaning into them.   The flash probably a bit harder since it's already kind of in team flash's wheelhouse.  Arrow will be over so while aliens could potentially invade starling city we won't be seeing it.  I figure they'll play it like the comic books and just really have their aliens enjoy Metropolis and National City and occasionally stop by Central City to pester Barry. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I can see Legends having a plot where it turns out some random historical figure was actually an alien.

In Marc’s tweet, is that picture behind the title one of COIE’s comic covers? The only cover I know is the one with Supergirl and Superman (which the show has already recreated). Are they any other famous covers they might try to sneak into the crossover (or promo poster).

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

Here's my guess:

Maybe Superman dies, and the cover homages would be Crisis on Infinite Earths #6, with Supergirl and Superman swapping positions?

image.png.fd6860325ecf648a3418951d93d3e110.png

Yeah, I don't know what was up with that headband. Because the Eighties, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Maybe Superman dies, and the cover homages would be Crisis on Infinite Earths #6, with Supergirl and Superman swapping positions?

image.png.fd6860325ecf648a3418951d93d3e110.png

Yeah, I don't know what was up with that headband. Because the Eighties, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

The headband was a feminist statement by Kara. Traditionally, they were only worn by male Kryptonians like her father and her uncle Jor-El. When her foster mother created the last design for Kara's Supergirl outfit (the one she wore right up to her death as you see here), Kara decided to add the headband because she felt that what was OK for the men of Krypton was also OK for the women, thanks to her exposure to Earth-style feminism over the years.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1