Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Poor Rachel! She isn't 105 pounds anymore.  I gave birth to three children. The last time I could look down and see my toes, Papa Bush was President. 

Ahhh.,, I remember toes.. there are 10 right?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, snarkish said:

I've been trying to post a pic of my wedding dress but it keeps telling me the file is too large. Mr. Snarkish and I just married last year at age 49. (Our 2nd marriages). I am a size 16 and I wore a hot pink, tea-length lace wrap dress (sounds awful but it was adorable) that I bought off of Amazon.  I rocked that dress, and with alterations it may have set me back 80 bucks. SO, shut up, Rachel and your whining about baby fat. 

Would love to see a pic!  It sounds wonderful! 

• Love 3
Just now, Granny58 said:

Mine was $200 from the JCPenney catalog.

My husband went to a fancy store for a new tie and they tried to sell him a shirt too.  It was super expensive, and they said, "well, ma'am, how much are you spending for your dress?"  Less than that, I said, and they sold us the tie.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

I think poor people like to find someone who is worse off than themselves so they can feel like they are the rich one.

That's the whole appeal of this show. I've only been watching a few months but I now feel more intelligent, thin, wealthy and of more sound judgement than I have in ages! And much younger looking too! Thanks Big Ang! 

• Love 11

Maybe Rachel is having a tough time of it after giving birth. I can't say PND/PPD. She just seems quite weepy for someone preparing for the happiest day of her life and doesn't seem that happy overall. The first year after having a baby is not always smooth with the hormones.

And Angela...not another halter top with back fat and a back tie and daisey dukes. I'm d-o-n-e.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Ricky is a total jerk. Why tell a girl she’s number 2 and then wonder why she’s upset. He should’ve kept his mouth shut. No one would’ve been the wiser, least of all Noxema.

Wait til he springs the missus on her.

• Love 4

This episode is called "expect the unexpected."  I expect the news from the clinic will not be "Karine is pregnant."  But that means it's unexpected to me for that to be the news.  But that means that I should expect it to be a pregnancy.  But that means I shouldn't expect it.  I'm so confused.  I'm not expecting, and I don't think Karine is either.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

This is not related at all to the show, but I have to add this. I used to teach high school, and there is a trend to not teach grammar anymore in English classes.  I taught history and my students (and their parents) told me that I should not have graded or corrected students for grammar usage in their papers since I wasn't an English teacher.  Oy.  Yes, we are doomed.  Back to the show!

I can confirm this - I also taught high school French and Spanish...I had to start with English grammar much of the time because teaching someone how to conjugate a verb or make adjectives agree was next to impossible as so many students didn’t know these basic parts of speech. I ended up using good old School House Rock songs sometimes! 

(I know I should add on topic commentary, but I’m on the west coast following you all and waiting anxiously for air time!)

Edited by Shieldmaiden
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The bridal consultant should be experienced enough to suggest flattering dresses for all body types. And ask for a budget first.

18 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Sooooooo she can't afford a dress so she went to try on a bunch of stuff that made her feel fat....then found a dress that made her feel pretty but then poor?   She's tragic with decision making isn't she?

I want to think that the dresses that made her feel fat were at her budget and then idiot bridal consultant tried to ensure a commission and handed her something over her budget.

A cake is all it takes to get back in Grangela's good graces? Have some damn dignity woman!

Edited by MegD
had to add a second thought
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

For my wedding, bought a $80 dollar cream colored suit (A-line skirt, sheer blouse, bolero vest) at Loehmann’s. Remember that store?

I'll see your Loehmann's and raise you a Filene's Basement. I got married in a white cotton peasant dress that I got in Filene's Basement (the original, the OG, in downtown Boston) for $75. I paid more for the petticoats I wore under it. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

For my wedding, bought a $80 dollar cream colored suit (A-line skirt, sheer blouse, bolero vest) at Loehmann’s. Remember that store?

I loved that store (minus the communal dressing room). May it and Filene’s rest in peace.

• Love 4

Are you kidding me?!? One small tie in the back holding Angela’s top on?!?! Someone knock me in the eye with a suitcase so I don’t need to see this. Oh, dear, stop shoveling in the cake or that tie is going to burst. Forget the suitcase. A “black eye” won’t be blinding enough; drop a “black guy” on my head to knock me unconscious.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'll see your Loehmann's and raise you a Filene's Basement. I got married in a white cotton peasant dress that I got in Filene's Basement (the original, the OG, in downtown Boston) for $75. I paid more for the petticoats I wore under it. 

Pepper, our paths probably crossed years ago at the Downtown Filene’s Basement. Mostly, though, I miss the Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins. I have the recipe but there aren’t the same.

• Love 3