Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Amazing too how she has no money to take care of her child, but plenty for a few nice dresses, a nice phone and internet service, and time to take sexy poses and post them.

Well, there's spending money (which you never get back), and there's investing money . . . spending it so that there will be some type of return on what you've spent.  Dresses, phone and internet service are investments.  She's looking for a return . . . and thinks she's found one in Tarik.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, renatae said:

It's immaterial whether he was addressing a man or woman; he was ill-mannered, presumptuous, and ridiculously hostile to a person he had just met.

Exactly!  I wish I could do more than "like" this post.  He was unbelievably rude and hostile and then excuses his behaviour by saying he was just "asking questions."

• Love 8
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Then why not leave the kid with the mother and just help out financially?

I’m not buying the she gave him up to give him a better life story.  I think she’d marry Tarik, move to the USA and never  see the child again, and we don’t even know if she’s seen him since giving him up.

You never know anyone full story, but what I do know is that the Phillipines is an incredibly poor country and there is pretty much no kind of welfare system to help the poorest of the poor, citizens are encouraged to work abroad. Hazel works 10 hour days, and her parents apartment looks like a very uncomfortable place for a child to grow up. Her sons dad might live in better living conditions, better school/neighborhood, etc.if this is so, it is a sad sacrifice. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

There is a rumor that Jon and Rachel are married now and living in England and Jon and Rachel met before the show and Lucy is Jon’s biological father

This rumor if true wouldn't surprise me. 

• Love 5

I missed everybody last night! Well, somewhat. I had a date with some Margaritas! I have 10 pages of lovely snark to go back and read, but after watching the show this morning here is my take on everyone:

Angela/Michael: That Ursula braying laugh, those giant jugs used to hold her phone and her sunglasses, that frizzy, overbleached, dead hair, that shoe leather face. Yes, you are just a ticket to the US. No need to interrogate his buddies, Hon. Michael is getting nervous that he woke the beast and is going to lose his meal ticket.

Pole/Kreeny: For the love of God, learn to speak each other's language! Or, create a new one of your very own. What would these two tools do without phone apps? Mime? Kreeny is another one afraid she's going to lose her ticket to the US. I did feel for her Mom, who sees everything and feels like she can't do anything about it. With those meetings with the translator, I felt like I was in a court room. 

Tarik/Hazel: She should run away. Sista has zero poker face and obviously isn't finished with her ex. Brother Tarik hit that nail on the head quickly. He's probably the only person on this show who speaks the truth and has common sense. 

Icky Ricky and Colombian flavor of the moment: What a pig. Ximena is who you should have been going after in the first place, you dolt! Yes, you should have just gone home before wasting any more $ that should be going to your daughters. Texting every hour? You have no clue Melissa's blocked you yet, Bro? I hope when Ximena finds out she's second empanadas, she pours that wine over his head. 

Heir Jesse/Darcey: I'm just done with both of them. Her daughters looked like deer in the headlights observing the two of them and their shit show. They can't even manage Rice a Roni and steak without and argument. The one thing I probably ever agree with Darcey on: not in front of the damn kids. 

Rachel/Jon: Was it just me or did Jon's Mum look a little nervous about looking after Lucy? I wonder how much she sees her own Grandkids. Way too much hesitation on Jon's end in describing to her what went on at "You-knee" and the charges he faced. I'm having a feeling someone lost an eye. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, snarkish said:

Was it just me or did Jon's Mum look a little nervous about looking after Lucy?

And Rachel saying "I've never left her with a babysitter."  She's 7 months old. Doesn't Rachel go to work? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Quof said:

And Rachel saying "I've never left her with a babysitter."  She's 7 months old. Doesn't Rachel go to work? 

I am not sure if Rachel has a job, remember she said she went on the flight and does not have any money

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Quof said:

I’m not sure she does. That could explain why she couldn’t buy cuter underwear & clothing before going to England. But You definitely have me thinking now, and wondering if that is the case.

Ximena is really pretty and has great teeth.

I honestly hope Angela is able to enjoy her time in Africa. Everybody should have the opportunity to travel and see things.

Edited by Emkat
14 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

I’m not sure she does. That could explain why she couldn’t buy cuter underwear & clothing before going to England. But You definitely have me thinking now, and wondering if that is the case.

She said Lucy goes to daycare. Rachel never mentioned where she works but I'm assuming she doesnt make much

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

I thought Jon paid for Lucy's daycare?   I think someone did the math, based on a GoFundMe page that they had set up to help them see each other, and based on that timeline, Jon can't be the father.  I hope her older daughter's dad is watching - not sure I want my kid around a hothead IF he makes it to the states.  Big if there......

27 minutes ago, snarkish said:

Angela/Michael: That Ursula braying laugh, those giant jugs used to hold her phone and her sunglasses, that frizzy, overbleached, dead hair, that shoe leather face.

Why these two are together......he wants a docile African woman or a docile American woman who is HIS age and does not smoke.  She wants FIDDY FIDDY in a relationship but she really wants to steamroller him with her gigantic breasts.  That cleavage was about twelve inches long!!!  Michael, she does not live in downtown Atlanta, near a hub of business.  She lives in a 1000 sq foot mobile home with her very ill mother, her daughters and their kids in Backfork Georgia.  Michael, you can do better than a 63 year old (she AIN'T 52!!!) and your one friend is fine.

Pole/Kreeny: For the love of God, learn to speak each other's language! Or, create a new one of your very own. What would these two tools do without phone apps? Mime? Kreeny is another one afraid she's going to lose her ticket to the US. I did feel for her Mom, who sees everything and feels like she can't do anything about it. With those meetings with the translator, I felt like I was in a court room. 

I wanted those parents to get up, take their daughter and say firmly:  This whole thing is OVER.  I don't have a daughter but if my son was sitting there, saying "She is only nice to me when my parents are around" - GAME OVER.

Heir Jesse/Darcey: I'm just done with both of them. Her daughters looked like deer in the headlights observing the two of them and their shit show. They can't even manage Rice a Roni and steak without and argument

They can't manage a taxi ride to CT from NYC without an argument.  Just let him cook the friggin' steak and rice!!!  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Who is really in charge of dressing this man?? A mesh tshirt??? Where does one even find such a thing?

My just turned 11 year old daughter has one she found at Target, but it's white on white and I still dislike it. Maybe he shops the Cat & Jack line of the girls section of Target.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

the moms are both right.

We usually are, lolol!!!!

17 hours ago, PupCal said:

Paul learning Portuguese isn't gonna help his personality.

Nothing will help his personality.

@CoachWristletJen - I seriously chocked on my coffee:  "Ricky's penis is upset, it planned the whole trip."  OMG GIRL!!!  Thank you for the laugh of the day!!!  All the posters here are way too funny!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2

Haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I was wondering whether everyone else in the Casa de Cafe were as annoyed as I would have been when they were forced to listen in on the translation app when Pole and Kreenee had it blasting out on speakerphone.  Sheesh . . . at least they could have had that conversation in their hotel room so people could choose whether to watch/listen in.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

There is a rumor that Jon and Rachel are married now and living in England and Jon and Rachel met before the show and Lucy is Jon’s biological father

Really, Lucy is much to young to be anyone's father!

• Love 12
On 9/2/2018 at 11:03 PM, iwasish said:

I’m not buying the she gave him up to give him a better life story.  I think she’d marry Tarik, move to the USA and never  see the child again, and we don’t even know if she’s seen him since giving him up.

If that was the case why mention him at all?

On 9/2/2018 at 11:31 PM, EllaDisco said:

Who would look after the kid while the mother was out working?  Maybe the father had room for a child and extended family who could help out?  Maybe she dumped her kid and wants nothing to do with him, but then why not just lie and say she didn't have a kid?  Regardless, it's up to Tarek to ask those questions, if he is concerned about it.  For his brother to show up and basically shout at her that she's a terrible mother when he has seen no evidence one way or the other and his own brother has no qualms about ditching his kid to chase women is wrong.  YMMV.

Dean's an asshole, full stop. He was clearly prepped by production to lay it on thick and come on strong. He more than fulfilled the brief. He flew to Manila to loom over a young woman and shout at her? Douche canoe. Hey Dean. Your dumb bunny brother is responsible for this too. Maybe ask him what kind of man (excuse me, male) abandons his child to chase halfway around the world for a piece of ass. One who's poor, lives in squalor, and apparently meek.

And seriously, dragging Hazel because she has clothes? And spends a few spare minutes, after working long hours all day and living in a closet with her parents, taking selfies and chatting with people on line? Jesus. Is she allowed to sleep at night or would that be lazy? Tariq's asshole brother can say what he wants about Hazel, but she is hardly some evil Jezebel, fiendishly plotting to relieve Tariq of his fortune. Maybe Dean's friends with Family Chantel. They seem to have the same xenophobic world view.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:10 AM, renatae said:

It's immaterial whether he was addressing a man or woman; he was ill-mannered, presumptuous, and ridiculously hostile to a person he had just met.

Agreed.

20 hours ago, Emkat said:

I honestly hope Angela is able to enjoy her time in Africa. Everybody should have the opportunity to travel and see things.

Angela has spent every second in Nigeria pining for the "civilization" of her trailer park, or I miss my guess.

• Love 15
On 9/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, iwasish said:

It is a pretty common thing in the Philippines for fathers and their extended family (his mother/sister/aunt etc raises the child) to have primary custody. And if the two families change financial positions in relation to each other then the custodial parent changes

• Love 5
On 9/2/2018 at 11:03 PM, iwasish said:

Huh? On the show, they showed a pic of her and her son together. He looked to be about 3-5 years old.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Raja said:

It is a pretty common thing in the Philippines for fathers and their extended family (his mother/sister/aunt etc raises the child) to have primary custody. And if the two families change financial positions in relation to each other then the custodial parent changes

Yes it is.  A guy I grew up with met his wife and have been married for 15 years now.  She is from the Philippines and when they had their first son her parents came over to help.  This is normal to help a new mom but the dad flew home and the mother said she was staying for 5 years.  Gulp!  They had to gently put her on a plane back home after 6 months.  What drove both of them crazy is that she fed the baby sugar water from birth and that don't fly in the US.  They had their second son two years later and didn't let on until she gave birth and the went and got my friends mother to "pretend" to help out.  Her parents were very nice but they do have different ideas of family and it seems that the nuclear family is not big in the Philippines.  My friend married a wonderful girl and they met here at school.  She was already OUT.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Yes it is.  A guy I grew up with met his wife and have been married for 15 years now.  She is from the Philippines and when they had their first son her parents came over to help.  This is normal to help a new mom but the dad flew home and the mother said she was staying for 5 years.  Gulp!  They had to gently put her on a plane back home after 6 months.  What drove both of them crazy is that she fed the baby sugar water from birth and that don't fly in the US.  They had their second son two years later and didn't let on until she gave birth and the went and got my friends mother to "pretend" to help out.  Her parents were very nice but they do have different ideas of family and it seems that the nuclear family is not big in the Philippines.  My friend married a wonderful girl and they met here at school.  She was already OUT.

Wouldn't this have presented some visa issues? I've never been to the Philippines, but I'm assuming to travel from there to the US, you need a temporary visa. Genuinely asking...how did the grandmother expect to stay that long legally?  

Edited by TrixieTrue
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Huh? On the show, they showed a pic of her and her son together. He looked to be about 3-5 years old.

They showed one picture, the child looked about three, maybe I misunderstood or missed something, but I thought she said she gave him up when he was three, not at birth. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

They showed one picture, the child looked about three, maybe I misunderstood or missed something, but I thought she said she gave him up when he was three, not at birth. 

Yes she said she gave him to his father when  the boy was 3. 

15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dean's an asshole, full stop. He was clearly prepped by production to lay it on thick and come on strong. He more than fulfilled the brief. He flew to Manila to loom over a young woman and shout at her? Douche canoe. Hey Dean. Your dumb bunny brother is responsible for this too. Maybe ask him what kind of man (excuse me, male) abandons his child to chase halfway around the world for a piece of ass. One who's poor, lives in squalor, and apparently meek.

And seriously, dragging Hazel because she has clothes? And spends a few spare minutes, after working long hours all day and living in a closet with her parents, taking selfies and chatting with people on line? Jesus. Is she allowed to sleep at night or would that be lazy? Tariq's asshole brother can say what he wants about Hazel, but she is hardly some evil Jezebel, fiendishly plotting to relieve Tariq of his fortune. Maybe Dean's friends with Family Chantel. They seem to have the same xenophobic world view.

This x a million!!

• Love 5
On 9/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, TrixieTrue said:

Wouldn't this have presented some visa issues? I've never been to the Philippines, but I'm assuming to travel from there to the US, you need a temporary visa. Genuinely asking...how did the grandmother expect to stay that long legally?  

I have no idea.  She came over on a medical help type visa and have no idea how she thought she could stay for 5 years.  I do know that if an American citizen is in need of medical or home help you can extend your stay with documents from a doctor since I have had to help other people from around the world get to the nearest USCIS office.  I had no idea that these field offices are only open 1/2 day 3 days a week.  Anyways the parents were awesome and the grandmother was telling me her plans......lol.

• Love 1

I gotta say, I find this thread confusing.  In other shows' forums (fora?), the live episode chat closes when the episode ends, then the discussion moves to the episode thread.  It's much easier to follow.  My 600 lb Life is a stellar example, the live chat is on fire, then BOOM, it gets closed so people don't have to go back and forth. 

• Love 1

Technically, most shows don't have a live episode chat.  My 600 Lb. Life's live chat may get locked and unlocked, but this thread stays open.  

*You can also unfollow this topic to avoid getting notifications. (Uncheck "notify me of replies.")

An easy rule of thumb is if you're posting while watching the show, come here. If you're posting after watching, use the episode thread.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I also have a clean white tank top to wear, in honor of Tarik.

In honor of Angie, I'm wearing a dirty tank top with heart shaped pit stains because we're "FLAWLESS"

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Ok everyone, I hope you all have your non stick frying pans ready to cook your Rice-A-Roni. I'm strategizing right now so I time everything just right. I also have a clean white tank top to wear, in honor of Tarik.

This intense dive into Rice a Roni (never ate it, tbh - mostly remember it from game show prizes and the jingle) reminded me of the great story of the birth of Rice a Roni - the San Francisco[, Canadian, Italian, Armenian, melting-pot, housing-shortage, kitchen-sharing] treat.  https://www.npr.org/2008/07/31/93067862/birth-of-rice-a-roni-the-armenian-italian-treat

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Ynicknan said:

I missed something? What’s the rice-o-roni reference?

We are recreating Darcie and Jesse's family dinner from last week. But I guess technically, we shouldn't eat any of the food. We should just storm out and sit on the porch during commercial breaks.

I'm planning to have a bite/drink every time GrAngela is embarrassing, Tardis is dressed horribly, Lucy is adorable, Ricky wears a fannypack, Karine stares, or Jesse/Darcie flounces away.

12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Are you making tiny little Darcy sized cakes?  

Teeny tiny carrot cupcakes. Maybe I will frost them on the bottom, like diapers.

• Love 6