Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

While I've never needed everything spoiled, I'm so over this no spoilers policy. The only time fandom has come alive this hiatus is when we've gotten some hints. ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

While I've never needed everything spoiled, I'm so over this no spoilers policy. The only time fandom has come alive this hiatus is when we've gotten some hints. ?

Yeah there's keeping suspense and then there's a completely checked out fandom. Arrow titles tend to be quite generic anyway and it doesn't seem to have changed much this season. Even if there was a big twist and a title of "Tragedy" etc, it still doesn't tell us much.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I didn’t know that Bamford was directing 707; is he directing the Arrow episode in the crossover too? That would give him 3 out of the first 9 episodes. ?

Everyone get their sick bags ready!

• Love 4

This actress Sea Shimooka posted on her instagram about filming a shirtless scene last week after following SA and the Arrow instagram and SA and other crew members followed her. After a fan tagged her for Arrow, she set her instagram to private.

Might be the Koonami character?

4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I know right? I can get not wanting to spoil all the big stuff, but give us something to gnaw on before the season starts! You dont want the fandom to get bored and find another fandom while we are begging for scraps!

• Love 7

Maybe Beth has made her mind that the reason the last few seasons have been so poorly recieved is due to spoilers and not the fact that they are increasingly mediocre writers who value repetitive plot driven writing over logical characterisation?

• Love 9

Half the fun of getting teases or episode titles is in speculating about what they might mean and reading everyone’s theories. I don’t need to know the whole script - just a little something to keep my level of interest up after a long hiatus. 

All the secrecy might also have the side affect of setting expectations for the episodes too high and people will end up disappointed if those expectations aren’t met. 

• Love 5

Unless the 'new' narrative has a huge impact on the first few eps there's no point. They've already done a 'shocking' flash forward before so even if it's 'watch how this unfolds throughout the season' there's no reason not to drop no hints whatsoever.

It's not even the titles, which are as bland as always, there's almost complete radio silence apart from SA's SM and that is 90% about the beard. 

With the titles maybe Beth is just enjoying the gentle trolling?

I can't believe Arrow starts in less than two weeks. Seems crazy.

I don't know how I feel about it either. It's like I'm not excited just mildly curious. Odd place to be before an Arrow season but this hiatus just did nothing for me. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, way2interested said:

2 more photos, then, if anyone cares

So that looks like EK, DR, RG and JH in the party scene, but according to Twitter EBR wasn't there. Wonder what sort of party/formal event would have the new team and Diggle, but not Felicity (and presumably Oliver)?

18 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't know how I feel about it either. It's like I'm not excited just mildly curious. Odd place to be before an Arrow season but this hiatus just did nothing for me. 

Agreed. I wonder if SA's increased tweeting and more spoilery interview answers as of late is because he realizes that the pre-season hype and buzz isn't what it usually is by this point in the year. They haven't even done a good job publicizing the move to Mondays.

44 minutes ago, Trisha said:

So that looks like EK, DR, RG and JH in the party scene, but according to Twitter EBR wasn't there. Wonder what sort of party/formal event would have the new team and Diggle, but not Felicity (and presumably Oliver)?

Agreed. I wonder if SA's increased tweeting and more spoilery interview answers as of late is because he realizes that the pre-season hype and buzz isn't what it usually is by this point in the year. They haven't even done a good job publicizing the move to Mondays.

No one knows who was there. They just speculate by that one BTS video. 

Actual pictures to speculate over? Whaaaat?! ?

Is this for 708? So it's technically the midseason episode? I have no idea what kind of fancy event they'd be having. I'd be surprised if SA and EBR aren't filming too, though. Those big event scenes usually include everyone.

Gotta admit I'm bummed Curtis is still around. Or any of NTA tbh. My immediate reaction to any of them is UGH. LEAVE (even though I know they're going nowhere). ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

No one knows who was there. They just speculate by that one BTS video.

EBR was on IG with Fanta and her sister, but it's possible the party scene will be shot over multiple days. 

It looks like this is where they're filming today:

3 hours ago, Trisha said:

What?  It's on Monday?  I was trying to remember what day it was going to be on.  Terrible, terrible way to get people anticipating the new season.

My first thought on looking at that picture of RG, JH and EK all on their phones was that while android phones have brought a lot, they've also taken away a lot.  A break in shooting should be a chance to talk to other people, your fellow cast, the crew who works on the show, and get to know them as people, maybe walk around a bit,  but  they're glued to the fake intimacy of their phones.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

My first thought on looking at that picture of RG, JH and EK all on their phones was that while android phones have brought a lot, they've also taken away a lot.  A break in shooting should be a chance to talk to other people, your fellow cast, the crew who works on the show, and get to know them as people, maybe walk around a bit,  but instead they're all glued to the fake intimacy of their phones.

Maybe they’re busy scrolling through fans’ timelines looking for untagged tweets to respond to. 

Wasn’t there supposed to be a nightclub scene? That last photo looks nightclub-ish to me. Is the new narrative going to put Oliver and Felicity together and leave Digg to babysit the n00bs? I’m slightly ashamed to say i’ll take it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Oliver just got out of prison. I like the idea of Olicity and William getting out of Star City for an episode and having their own family adventure.

I’d like that but I doubt it’ll happen. 

All I know is I better not see Rene near a microphone or giving any sort of speech. Or Curtis. Or Dinah. Or Black Siren (because who knows at this point, especially if she’s still DA). From now on, the only ones allowed to talk about Oliver and/or Felicity are Oliver, Felicity, William, Diggle (but not S6 Diggle) and Raisa. Maybe even post-mirakuru, forgetting about S3 Slade. 

• Love 4

Posting this article here (instead of in the Starling City Times thread) because it mentions spoilers...

EW's Fall TV comics reading guide for viewers interested in going beyond the screen
CHANCELLOR AGARD and CHRISTIAN HOLUB  October 02, 2018
https://ew.com/tv/ews-fall-tv-comics-reading-guide/

If you watch Arrow...then read Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino's run on Green Arrow (2011-2016)
Given that Arrow will introduce the Longbow Hunters in season 7, you may be tempted to read Mike Grell’s very ‘90s miniseries Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters in order to prepare for the new season. But we’re here to warn you that said miniseries actually has nothing to do with Ricardo Diaz’s (Kirk Acevedo) deadly group of assassins.

If you want to learn more about the Longbow Hunters, your best bet is to read Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino’s critically acclaimed run on Green Arrow, which ran from issues 17 to 34. Start with Green Arrow, Vol. 4: The Kill Machine and then move onto Vol. 5: The Outsiders War, and finally Vol. 6: Broken, which sees Oliver Queen go head to head with Dragon and the hunters. Not only will this run expose you to two of the Longbow Hunters (Kodiak and Red Dart), but it’s also a fun read thanks to Lemire’s sprawling story, which brings a new sense of mythology to the New 52 version of the Emerald Archer, and Sorrentino’s dynamic and striking artwork that’s well-suited for the story many’s tonal twists and turns. 

Furthemore, Arrow has borrowed from Lemire/Sorrentino’s run a few times already, so this series is worth a read anyway. — Chancellor Agard

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

Oliver just got out of prison. I like the idea of Olicity and William getting out of Star City for an episode and having their own family adventure.

Oliver owes Felicity a trip to Aruba. Actually, he owes her about 100 trips to Aruba.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Trisha said:

So sounds like everyone is there.  If we assume a source knows what they are talking about, lol.  

• Love 1

I’m choosing to believe it’s because he’s out of prison and finally got to shoot some family scenes...

Any word if CH was filming? I’m curious to see if/how Roy will be integrated into these group scenes. It’s actually pretty impressive how they’ve managed to lock down any spoilers about his return. (I mean, I hate it, but it’s impressive.)

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I’m choosing to believe it’s because he’s out of prison and finally got to shoot some family scenes...

I'm choosing to believe it's because he shot the most of epic of all epic sex scenes with his onscreen wife myself ;) 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Any word if CH was filming? I’m curious to see if/how Roy will be integrated into these group scenes. It’s actually pretty impressive how they’ve managed to lock down any spoilers about his return. (I mean, I hate it, but it’s impressive.)

Someone posted this:

So I think it's probably the first time Oliver suits up this season? I could see SA thinking that was amazing after filming prison stuff for the last 7 episodes. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

DosaZtaXkAIyESt.jpg

Yes! A fucking queen, figuratively and literally. I'm all about this.

The first episode has her fighting Diaz (or one of his goons) and a tearful talk with Oliver, and the second is Felicity-centric. Sign me up! I'm also intrigued by Diggle and Felicity butting heads -- especially if it's for a better reason than he's aligned himself with NTA.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm also intrigued by Diggle and Felicity butting heads -- especially if it's for a better reason than he's aligned himself with NTA.

Yeah, it is a conflict that actually MAKES SENSE. Truly the biggest s7 plot twist so far. They are probably both hyper-focused on stopping this dude who is the reason someone they both care about very much is in prison and both think their way is the way to go (Diggle probably with the logic of the team can't act in this situation while Argus can give them what they need, Felicity probably with the logic of so far Argus/FBI haven't done anything).

Also, bless Oliver's heart for trying to get back at Diaz for going after his family while still in prison. 

• Love 5

Rebecca Bellotto co-wrote 519, which was one of my favorite episodes, so Now I'm even more excited for this episode.  I just really like it when Felicity takes matters into her own hands. And I'm also really excited for the Felicity/Diggle conflict. They've never had much conflict with each other, and I know it won't veer into anything personal, so I'm all for them butting heads, though Diggle should know better than to think he can deter Felicity. I don't know why these boys won't learn!

• Love 12

I wonder if this leads to Felicity asking Watson for help in the following episode? Wasn't SN in 703? I could see Felicity asking Diggle and her old team members for help but they can't/won't help her for whatever reason so by the end she knows she needs to go to someone else.

Edited by Angel12d
25 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Rebecca Bellotto co-wrote 519,

That's Elizabeth Kim. RB co-wrote/wrote 416 (yay), 518 (still a good episode), 606 (ok episode), 614 (meh), and 620 (still a good episode).

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I wonder if this leads to Felicity asking Watson for help in the following episode? Wasn't SN in 703?

Yeah, she's in 703. Actually, I'm wondering the opposite in this case, considering that the episode is titled "Crossing Lines." Part of me wonders if Watson finds out whatever Felicity does in 702 and then tells her to stop (the snippet of the script at least looked potentially contentious), which then leads to one of the "crossing lines" parts of the plot.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Episode description for 702.

DosaZtaXkAIyESt.jpg

The way they phrase it, "can no longer rely on her...old methods" and being clear-eyed and resolved to find a new way really does sound like we are going to get something completely different.  If she has no back up anymore (the NTA or Diggle) and Argus is getting in her way, then I can see her either aligning herself to another agency (like Watson and the FBI) or outsourcing like Alena did and hiring her own team.  

No matter what happens, I am sooo ready for it.  Felicity is no one to mess with so I expect her to push lines so yeah, now I'm expecting really good stuff for her in episode 3 as well.  Which seems like it's too good to be true!  But it seems like it's true!  What is this feeling?  :D  

• Love 6