Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Just now, Angel12d said:

Does this mean the scenes of her working in the coffee shop in 702 might be flashbacks? Because she wasn't injured in those...

That's what I'm thinking? Maybe 701 picks up present day, then we're getting flashbacks of characters from the time over the summer this season? So we'll see where Felicity was, what leads to Roy's storyline, etc.? 

We can totally skip the newbies' flashbacks. We don't need to find out what they did. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

What was all that talk at SDCC that Oliver only has scenes with one team member for the first few episodes? LIES! Haha.

There's no baby, either.

8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They really took the secret identity semi seriously. Pink hair, eyebrow piercing, nasal piercing. I cant really believe that after this she would just go back to her dresses, glasses, and ponytail. 

They're missing when she visits Oliver. Maybe she thought the pink hair would be enough of a surprise for him.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

The promo shot looks almost filtered.

Yeah, I'm starting to think so too. I wonder why they added the knuckle bruises.

When I first read that I thought he was a victim of auto correct and it was supposed to be ‘tease’ not tempt.

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

She's got bruises on her knuckles though in the promo vs none in the pics

I just realized that one pic has knuckle bruises and one pic does not. 

24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What if the thing he does that we hate him for is he peaces out on Felicity? I can see the viewers having a meltdown about that (myself included).

I think it would kind of have to be something that they can kind of frame with Oliver's time in prison, since he's going to be in prison and dealing with that plot (presumably) more than he's going to be going over his marriage. Like, I would imagine if would be something more like Oliver choosing not to save someone even though he could (making the whole "redemption" thing be about him choosing to be a hero and choosing to redeem his hero name).

It could be something like that for all we know, but I'd rather start with trying to figure out the timeline of whatever Felicity's plot is and revel in the fact that SA lied and that Olicity actually do interact early on rather than jump onto how bad the scene could actually be lol.

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I just realized that one pic has knuckle bruises and one pic does not. 

Same, it's weird. I'd fully believe that all of this is the same scene, but it's strange continuity errors if it is so, or at least weird to take pics when only some makeup is on.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

My first thought was dialogue, too. Maybe Oliver tells Felicity not to tempt fighting back? IDK.

That would make sense to me. She tells him she and William are going back to Star City, because there's no point in being in protective custody if they can be found, and he tells her not to tempt being open targets back home.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What if the thing he does that we hate him for is he peaces out on Felicity? I can see the viewers having a meltdown about that (myself included).

It's definitely Oliver's thing to push the people he loves away for their safety but it seems kind of a moot point because they're already unsafe? And I don't think they'd want to add that kind of Olicity angst either. The angst is already there with their forced separation when they've only just become a family. They don't need more. And if Oliver did bring up letting Felicity go so she can be happy or whatever, I can see her shutting that shit down tbh.

Also would Oliver really do that to the woman he loves who is raising his son? 

And didn't Beth say something at SDCC about them dealing with the realities of being apart and Felicity dealing with being GA's wife etc...?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

Felicity does successfully look like a supporting character on Orange is the New Black now, so...thats something I guess. 

Until I hear differently, Felicity got into a fight with Curtis for trash talking Oliver, and she kicked his ass easily. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

And didn't Beth say something at SDCC about them dealing with the realities of being apart and Felicity dealing with being GA's wife etc...?

Yep.

After seeing the new pics, I keep thinking about Stephen's tweet last week praising Emily's performance in the premiere, and I'm so ready. I can't believe we still have 5 weeks.

• Love 3
DmyM8b9UYAE0lk-.jpg
1. Ugh, go away Curtis. (But is he working at ARGUS?)

2. Diggle looks like a mall security guard.

3. And hail the triumphant return of Felicity's wedding band!

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 14

I wonder if it's possible when SA did Comicon that he hadn't interacted with anyone but Diggle.  Could they have added in a new scene because they too realized they needed them to interact?  Or are we absolutely sure these are for 701 and not 702?  I know we are told it's 701 but I'm waiting for it to be wrong, lol.  I just can't put the time line together.  

4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

3. And hail the triumphant return of Felicity's wedding band!

This makes me happy.  Small pleasures.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

This makes me happy.  Small pleasures.  

Me too. I assume she put it on before this, probably when she got back to Star City. But since we haven't seen it in any pictures until now, I was really happy to see it again. I'm gonna be super emotional when we see a picture of Oliver with his ring back on.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder if it's possible when SA did Comicon that he hadn't interacted with anyone but Diggle.  Could they have added in a new scene because they too realized they needed them to interact?  Or are we absolutely sure these are for 701 and not 702?  I know we are told it's 701 but I'm waiting for it to be wrong, lol.  I just can't put the time line together.  

At most I could picture that they filmed it later out of order with the filming schedule (making SA's "I hadn't worked with any of the cast except one person" comment technically true but now that he apparently can lie I can't be sure). Then, this scene is still in the episode, along with likely the fight scene with Felicity throwing coffee at someone (which is where the other pic from 701 is from), and then we'll get flashbacks with Felicity over the summer in 702. Or at least that's my guess.

• Love 2

I control my rage by assuming all pics I see are of Emily and Echo taking a pic together instead of Felicity and Curtis! Makes me feel more zen! 

ETA: DR so very handsome! Why can't we have 5 eps of Dig with a beard instead! I bet he can pull it off! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I was just going to ask what he meant as I'm confused ?

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

When I first read that I thought he was a victim of auto correct and it was supposed to be ‘tease’ not tempt.

5 hours ago, way2interested said:

I, too, thought it was an autocorrect thing but wouldn't SA have deleted? Anyway, I first read that as "Don't ATTEMPT that ... please" ... if he's trying to dissuade her from, say, going after Diaz. 

Or does he mean don't tempt Oliver into breaking out? I'm confused ... and shocked at 4 Felicity photos out of 5. I'm betting more photos come out later. They've done that in the past, I think.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, way2interested said:

Potential dialogue tease, I suppose? Also, SA waves his Olicity hat again

Maybe he’s talking about not tempting fate? Like she speculates what can happen and it’s horrible?

If she’s uninjured in 702, I’m going back to my original theory that the big structural change is that we’re going to get flashbacks of other characters besides Oliver showing what happened in the past 5 months. I can’t imagine it’ll last very long though, if that’s the case. 

• Love 1

Meanwhile, Team Arrow - which welcomes back Roy (Colton Haynes) - will struggle with their responsibilities. 

? What Team Arrow? Please be with Felicity or Dig. I do NOT want Roy stuck with the n00bs. But the wording is making me suspicious and it's not impossible considering all the three assholes are living free in SC and I'm still thinking Roy is the new GA. 

On the other hand, it would also make sense for Felicity to have contacted him if we think about how firm she was about protecting the city being their mission, not just Oliver's. She sure as hell has more reason to trust him than those three. And Dig could offer tactical help when he can. I presume his ARGUS job means he can't focus solely on SC. This could be a good scenario and reason for Roy not to be with Thea. So odds are good I'm off base. 

• Love 1

If Roy is the GA, then the SDCC trailer implied that Rene and Dinah don't know it's him, and they said at SDCC IIRC that none of the team members have gone out in costume the whole time. That would mean I guess he's either doing it on his own or has Felicity, Diggle, or Curtis on his side or that they all already know it's him and are hiding it from the city?

That Tv Guide blurb. Stop calling Lance BS’ father. He’s not. He’s another Earth’s version of her father. I hate being reminded that they killed off Lance in such a stupid way after making him pretty much crazy for too much of the season. 

Also, can we please not call Oliver Ollie?

• Love 8

The writers clearly want to forget NTA's S6 actions/behavior ever happened so they'll just have them be a team again when the need should arise and that's so frustrating to me. They've suffered no consequences and OTA ended up apologizing to them. IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL. While I'm happy that the childish sniping will be over with (no more "this doesn't change a thing, hoss"), I just can't stand the fact that we're supposed to just accept what happened and let them get away scot-free. I can't. So this Team Arrow stuff just ends up annoying me. 

And them "struggling" with their responsibilities doesn't sound good enough, especially as I have zero desire to see them on my screen at all. Just go away already.

Also, don't even get me started on Laurel wanting vengeance for a man who wasn't even her dad. Just don't. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 12

That's the Level Two episode where it looks like there's an attack at William's school and Felicity and BS seem to be there.

I think that was around when SA was making jokes about his beard and getting beat up at work too, so that's probably what he's referring to.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

That's the Level Two episode where it looks like there's an attack at William's school and Felicity and BS seem to be there.

Ahh, right. Thanks for the reminder. For whatever reason, Episodes 3 and 4 are one big jumble in my mind.

When EBR, SA or DR express excitement over an episode I immediately think it’s an emotional episode for Felicity/Oliver/Diggle. When JH does I immediately think Dinah punches someone. Maybe she gets a one liner about girl power too. 

• Love 21

On a discussion on the Flash board it's been said that DC/WB rejected the request for an Olicity kid, which I guess could be why the emphatic denials, but I can't find anything to back up the claim. Has anyone else heard it? Just curious. Would it even have made it on to the board in that case?

I assume JH is probably excited about a big BC! fight scene or line. I always think,  "that's it?" When even she's jazzed about an ep but I guess so far (could change this season) she's been afterthought BC so she has to up what she can plus the obsession with masks. 

If BS is struggling ha! with "a tale of two LL's" and chooses 'good' what exactly is the point? They might just as well have Sara snatch her up for Gideon to fix just before she dies and drop her off in 2018. And two 'good' screechers? There wasn't even space for Sara once LL WAS instaCanary. One of them would end up being pushed out even if BS never joined the team so if they want/need to keep both actors on the show they'll either have to be more creative than ever before or keep BS bad or worse flip flopping without being 'complex' which is one of the things I disliked about E1LL. Of course they'll think they're being complex but the only one who really managed that is Moira and a lot of that was ST.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

On a discussion on the Flash board it's been said that DC/WB rejected the request for an Olicity kid, which I guess could be why the emphatic denials, but I can't find anything to back up the claim. Has anyone else heard it? Just curious. Would it even have made it on to the board in that case?

The only thing I can think of is David backtracking to that fan in Australia about how the baby was on the board of “wants” but that WB hadn’t approved it yet (due to filming logistics or something). 

• Love 2