Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

TV Guide did us the public service of posting this still shot from that latest trailer...

PSA: There Is a VERY Naked Oliver Queen in the Arrow Season 7 Trailer
By Lindsay MacDonald | Sep 19, 2018 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-7-trailer-oliver-naked/

In the new trailer for Season 7, Oliver is having a rough go of it in prison. If he's not dealing with Green Arrow groupies — "You have failed this city!" — he's getting attacked by prisoners who aren't so hot on his vigilante past. One of said attacks happens to take place in the shower — naturally — and we'd like to thank showrunner Beth Schwartz and also God for this scene in advance. Oliver's modesty is protected by some creative camera angles (and FCC regulations), but he's still showing some serious skin while kicking butt.
180918-stephen-amell-arrow.jpg

Elsewhere, we also get our first look at the return of Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), who disappeared without a trace in the Season 6 finale. He's threatening Felicity (Emily Bett Ricards) and William (Jack Moore) in a woodland area for some reason (please don't be Lian Yu, please don't be Lian Yu), and Oliver is obviously not around to save them. Distract yourself from panicking about their fate by focusing on the fact that William is wearing a green hoodie, which is just too cute for words. Like father, like son!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

TV Guide did us the public service of posting this still shot from that latest trailer...

I'm disappointed to learn that the beard lives on. but from the neck down, I'm not mad at this prison storyline at all.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Director Kristin Windell said that 706 wrapped on Tuesday, Sep. 18 (see Spoilers thread). So it sounds like SA still had the beard on Wed., Sep. 19 (when 707 started shooting?).

Why must they hurt me so?

1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm disappointed to learn that the beard lives on. but from the neck down, I'm not mad at this prison storyline at all.

Seriously.  And that thigh in the other pic.  I could not stop staring.  I've criticized SA in the past for not doing enough legwork where his upper torso would look all muscled but his legs spindly in comparison, but dude upped his game.  Why couldn't the head look as pretty as the rest of the bod?  (I feel soooo shallow right now, lol)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

It's not clear from David's answer whether he and Felicity are working together or separately to get Oliver out of prison. But I hope it's together, and I hope it's without the newbies' involvement.

• Love 4

I could picture them doing a separate then together thing. Like, Diggle and Felicity both want the same thing but want to go about it in different ways. They clash, both do it the way they want it, both fail, and then come together once the prison stuff wraps up to work together (and/or I guess in 706 since it looks like they are at least working together then).

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 4

Beth has not posted any title pages since 704 (and that was with a blacked-out title). However, SpoilerTV revealed the episode titles for 704 and 705...

701    Inmate 4587 (title page)
702 - The Longbow Hunters (title page)
703 - Crossing Lines (title page)
704 - Level Two (title page w/ blacked-out title)
705 - The Demon
706 - ?
707 - ?

Sep. 19 was Yom Kippur, so it's possible that they only started shooting 707 on Sep. 20.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow: Stephen Amell On Felicity’s Fight Scene & “Bold” Season 7 --

“She has a kick-ass action scene that I know specifically that James Bamford let her go crazy [with], in this action scene with a stunt performer,” Stephen expanded. “When I was watching it, it’s actually happening alongside another action scene, and I was actually kind of jealous with how visceral and aggressive Emily’s scene was.”

Stephen also had kind words for his co-star in a dramatic scene that the two share.

“I think people have seen the photos of when we get the chance to interact, and I just thought her performance in that scene was up there or even better than anything else that she has ever done on the show,” Amell teased.

Ultimately, Stephen Amell has high praise for what he’s seeing from Season 7 so far.

“The season feels very bold,” he said. “To get new stuff to do with the character that you’ve been playing for seven seasons now, it’s not the easiest thing to pull off, so to be in prison and to be isolated from everyone else, and to have all of these new scene partners and a new dynamic about my personality and the way that [Oliver] is feeling and the way that he’s dealing with things, it’s just a lot of fun.”

Source: http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-stephen-amell-on-felicitys-fight-scene-bold-season-7/

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 11

Dreams come true! I'm so glad that Emily gets to bring some of her real-life kickass abilities to the show. I assume the scene in question starts with the coffee-throwing we saw in the promo. My body is ready.

• Love 4

Can't believe I'm actually excited for a season premiere of Arrow. First time in years. 

I'm so happy Felicity has an actual fight scene. Any chance it's happening alongside Oliver's shower fight scene? That would be awesome.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, way2interested said:

SA is really delivering in these interviews.

Seriously. Unleash him, Beth! His last two interviews have made me so excited for the premiere. I'm actually wishing the time away now.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Seriously. Unleash him, Beth! His last two interviews have made me so excited for the premiere. I'm actually wishing the time away now.

Yep. Of course he's also been enthusiastic about plot lines I've hated but the last two interviews have been really good. Kick ass Felicity scene? Awesome, especially as EBR will have the opportunity to show off some real life skills. Reading Fefe haters comments about it should be funny.

There's a happy medium between all the spoilers and paranoid about spoilers Beth.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Can't believe I'm actually excited for a season premiere of Arrow. First time in years. 

I'm so happy Felicity has an actual fight scene. Any chance it's happening alongside Oliver's shower fight scene? That would be awesome.

A parallel between Oliver fighting and Felicity fighting is what first occurred to me as well but it would just be so awesome that I'm trying to temper my expectations.  SA's shower fight was getting buzz all on its own so it's hard for me to imagine that he'd watch his scenes and compare them to her scenes and come away kind of jealous.  But maybe a different fight scene he does?  The other alternative is cut with something from the newbs, yes I know, bite my tongue but it would be pretty awesome if they cut them together and the non fighter of the group has the best fight scene.  

• Love 2

https://tvline.com/2018/09/21/katherine-mcnamara-arrow-season-7-cast-maya/

TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress is joining Arrow in a pivotal recurring role.

According to sources, McNamara will appear during the first half of Season 7 as Maya, a scrappy street fighter and thief from Star City. The initial — and unofficial — casting notice for the character likened the character to “Buffy the Superhero Slayer.”

I don't really know the actress in much but a lot of people seem happy about the casting.  I'm guessing she's there to interact with the NTA.  Maybe be someone Dinah could mentor?  She's too young to be a love interest for Rene, right?

Also, I'm still rolling my eyes over likening her to Buffy.  I'm assuming now they really meant "blond and cute"

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I've never watched that show so I have no knowledge of the actress either. She seems to have a big fandom though.  

Curious that she has a "pivotal" role. The character description sounds a bit like a female version of Roy when we first met him. 

If she's there for any of NTA, it's an automatic switch off for me though, sadly. ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

It's possible she's there for Roy? I just thought she sounded like a female version of him as he was a street fighter and thief when we first met him. IDK if that means she's gonna be linked to him though. 

I think she could be there for Roy, Rene or Dinah tbh. I could see any of those 3 trying to mentor someone like that.

Of course there's always the possibility that she's gonna turn out to be Oliver's half sister. Wasn't there spec going around about that? IDK.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Of course there's always the possibility that she's gonna turn out to be Oliver's half sister. Wasn't there spec going around about that? IDK.

Lol. Yes, can't rule it out.  Robert Queen slept around enough that it's perfectly plausible too.  I was expecting someone more exotic if that was the case, someone that would mirror Emiko from the comics more but Maya reminds me more of Mia from the comics but hey, they used her to base Thea on so why not use her again?

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is this the Konomi Rhodes character? Someone for Dinah to mentor?

I think she's the Jessie Bowden character. From earlier this summer:

The character code named “Jessie Bowden” is next. The show is looking for an 18+ actress who can play late teens to early twenties. Here’s how she is described:

She is the rookie recruit in the Star City Police Department and is both athletic, comedic, and intelligent. But underneath her youthful attitude, lies a woman who has had enough of vigilantes in Star City and is willing to get rid of them no matter what it takes. Think of her as Buffy Summers, if she was slaying superheroes instead of vampires.

The actress is only 22, so I guess she could play younger. 

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is this the Konomi Rhodes character? Someone for Dinah to mentor?

"Pivotal" could just mean plot contrivance.

If she is the Konomi Rhodes character they dropped the half Japanese part.  

She could also be this one:

The final casting call is for "Jessie Bowden" - an 18+ Caucasian female and rookie cop on the SCPD Police Force, who is determined to bring down the city's vigilantes at any cost.

Given they call her a superhero slayer, I'm guessing Jessie is the one.

@Trisha jinx!

Funny how they traded rookie cop for petty thief. Unless that's just her backstory and she's turned her life around or something.  

4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Sounds like Sin 2.0. 

If only they'd kept Sin 1.0  I wish they'd run with Teen Arrow.  

Edited by BkWurm1
same-sies with Trisha
  • Love 3

Didn't they originally cast Sara as a "cop"? Maybe it was just for cover up. She might be part of the "new vigilante group" SA teased, so maybe with Roy as a mentor (going with that theory for Roy) and then counter to the newbs?

Also, SA said he met her on Monday, so maybe there's something related with him and the Star City people in 706? Either that or he had free time and went over to the other sets.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What is a fever dream supposed to be exactly? 

Literally, it would be hallucinations or really vivid dreams brought on by a high fever but he might just mean rough dreams, a drugged state, or maybe something as a result of a blow to the head?  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Literally, it would be hallucinations or really vivid dreams brought on by a high fever but he might just mean rough dreams, a drugged state, or maybe something as a result of a blow to the head?  

Oh so nothing saucy then. Boo

Thanks hun

8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol. Yes, can't rule it out.  Robert Queen slept around enough that it's perfectly plausible too.  I was expecting someone more exotic if that was the case, someone that would mirror Emiko from the comics more but Maya reminds me more of Mia from the comics but hey, they used her to base Thea on so why not use her again?

The first thing I thought of when I saw the news was "hello Emiko/Mia, Oliver's other half sister." I think KM has improved as an actress over the last couple of years but IMHO she's still just okay although popular.

If she's there to be Dinah's or BS's Sin no thanks. 

As @Trisha and @BkWurm1 noted above, the Buffy comparison was used in connection with "Jessie Bowden," who was previously described as an anti-vigilante cop (I guess they changed her to a thief instead)...

-- Per TVLine's Michael Ausiello: "[W]hile Oliver’s in Supermax, Team Arrow will have to contend with an ambitious, young, anti-vigilante recruit at the SCPD. (If vigilantes were vampires, consider her your Buffy.)" (May 22, 2018 TVLine article, page 1 of Spoilers thread)
-- ThatHashtagShow: "First up, is a new Star City Police Department player who is most likely going to take over the role of Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) as the team’s connection to the police force in Star City. Meet 'Jessie Bowden' who the casting department is looking to have a recurring Caucasian 18+-year-old actress play as late teens to early 20s. She is the rookie recruit in the Star City Police Department and is both athletic, comedic, and intelligent. But underneath her youthful attitude, lies a woman who has had enough of vigilantes in Star City and is willing to get rid of them no matter what it takes. Think of her as Buffy Summers, if she was slaying superheroes instead of vampires." (May 25, 2018 ThatHashtagShow article, page 1 of Spoilers thread and page 1794 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- In Vimeo video of actress Maddy Exarhos auditioning for the Arrow role of "Jessie," she read for two scenes being shared with an SCPD cop and Oliver/GA, respectively. Transcription of audition scenes: Scene 1: ME: "Oh, c'mon! I can't have lost you that easily." Male Voice (off-screen): "Not a chance." ME: "Oh, good. I was worried you'd had too much." Male Voice: "You're mighty cocky for someone your age." ME: "What are you talking about? This is fun! Most of those SCPD Blues would've run out of gas by now." Male Voice: "I know your buyer. Just give me back what you stole for him and I'll be lenient. You don't have to resort to a life like this." ME: "Listen. Are you going to lecture me, or are you going to arrest me? Because I've got other places to be." Male Voice: "Fine. We'll do this the hard way." ME: "Uh, uh, uh! You're gonna have to be quicker than that." Male Voice: "You should take your own advice." ME: "Fair enough." Male Voice: "I've got one more of those for you right here. Or you can give me the device." ME: "What's so special about this thing anyway? My buyer tells me it's expensive as hell, but nothing else. What's got you so gung ho about getting it back?" Male Voice: "That device controls the temperature levels of the Star City nuclear plant's core reactor." ME: "No kidding. So I guess it'd be kind of bad if I just broke it then." Male Voice: "Don't! This is bigger than you and me both. Give me the device and I swear I'll help you from here." ME: "I've got a better idea. I'm going to leave here scot free, while you, Fido, play catch!" (Throws device up in the air) Scene 2: ME: "You know, people would stop thinking vigilantes are criminals if you stopped meeting in such shady places. This place practically screams mob hangout." Male Voice: "Thanks for coming." ME: "Your friend in black leather said you have an offer for me." Male Voice: "I do." ME: "Look. I don't have time for your stoic, monosyllabic hero speak. You've got five seconds to tell me what your offer is, or else I will gladly help the SCPD put you right back in the slab." Male Voice: "I need your help. I need you to work with me." ME: "That's hilarious! You're hilarious! No one ever talks about how funny you are. I've heard 'weird scary voice,' 'good archer,' but no, never 'sense of humor.'" Male Voice: "Jessie. I know what happened to your parents." ME: "What are you talking about?" Male Voice: "I know they didn't die in an accident. I know they were murdered." ME: "This is a joke." (Turns to leave) Male Voice: "Wait! I want to help." ME: "Well, you're a little late for that. As you so bluntly pointed out, my parents are pretty dead. So, unless you can make them undead, there's nothing you have to offer me." Male Voice: "I lost my parents too." ME: "So you think you can relate to me? I was only 5." Male Voice: "That must have been awful." ME: "It's why I became a cop. I swore I would never let another criminal get away with murder ever again." Male Voice: "Bet you kept that promise." ME: "I tried the best I could. (Catches something that's thrown to her) What's this?" Male Voice: "The proof you need to convict your parents' murderer." ME: "So. When do we start?" (Jun. 22, 2018 Vimeo video of Maddy Exarhos, page 1 of Spoilers thread and page 1799 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

To compare, here was the casting description for "Konomi Rhodes"...

-- ThatHashtagShow: "Last, but not least, we have another mystery female character that could be either an original character or one of these DC female characters with a slight adjustment for the show. Arrow is looking for an actress to fill the role of Konomi Rhodes, who is half Japanese as well as half Caucasian somewhere in her late 20s to early 30s. 'Konomi' is a formidable fighter who ends ups clashing with the heroes of Star City. Her background consists of being a tactician in the military while also carrying on as a street fighter." Speculation that she could be one of the Longbow Hunters and also Lady Shiva, Cheshire or Emiko Queen. (May 25, 2018 ThatHashtagShow article, page 1 of Spoilers thread and page 1794 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Katherine McNamara is a 22-year-old American actress. Her height is 5'5". Here are her IMDB and social media links...
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3031063/
https://twitter.com/Kat_McNamara
https://www.instagram.com/kat.mcnamara

You know what's funny? When I first saw previews of her as Clary in Shadowhunters in 2016 (right before that show premiered), I remember thinking that she looked a lot like a younger Katie Cassidy.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Featherhat said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw the news was "hello Emiko/Mia, Oliver's other half sister." I think KM has improved as an actress over the last couple of years but IMHO she's still just okay although popular.

If she's there to be Dinah's or BS's Sin no thanks. 

I immediately thought of her being Felicity’s half sister. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Just in case he’s joking but semi-spoiling stuff

251DE095-303C-4ED5-9F62-7B6A6C559988.jpeg

Lol.  Half the fun is figuring out in what way this might be true.  

My first thought was some pillows end up shot up.  Which led to my second thought that if it's an all male fight, does that mean he's STILL in prison here?

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol.  Half the fun is figuring out in what way this might be true.  

My first thought was some pillows end up shot up.  Which led to my second thought that if it's an all male fight, does that mean he's STILL in prison here?

I appreciate the fact that they want to give weight to the prison story but I really, really, really hope it doesn’t play out for seven episodes or run on into the mid-season finale. Watching Oliver engage in multiple prisons fights and be separated into his own plot and away from Felicity and everyone else for a third of the season isn’t high on my list of “things I hope to see on Arrow”.  

• Love 7

SA, who now lies, teasing online vs a crossover plot pitched over a year ago to introduce Batwoman and not to support Arrow's plot demands and KA saying he's filming a fight scene with SA even though Diaz isn't in prison.

Idk what's going on, but I'll need more than that to sway me.

Edited by way2interested
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

With hashtagKidVicious's tweet in the Spoiler thread about a naked fight, I kinda wondered if Diaz winds up in prison and that's where they fight (if it is actually a naked one). 

I'd be down with Oliver kicking Diaz's ass right before he leaves prison. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'd be down with Oliver kicking Diaz's ass right before he leaves prison. 

Same! And the prisoners Oliver has befriended after a rough start make sure Diaz has to be on the lookout for shivs and other nefarious prison instruments everywhere he goes from now until forever the end. 

• Love 1