Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, me too. I can easily imagine a crossover with minimal participation from most of the Arrow cast (like last year), but between her technical skills and her personal connections with Kara and The Flash characters, there's no way Felicity wouldn't be involved. Other than Diggle, I honestly don't care whether any other Arrow characters are in it.

Not just her connections but she’s Oliver’s wife and he’s supposed to be at the center of the crossover. 

Tbh I wouldn’t care to watch a Felicity free crossover. 

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Tbh I wouldn’t care to watch a Felicity free crossover. 

Same. I gave up on The Flash and Supergirl at their mid-season finales so I can’t imagine rushing to watch three-ish hours of television where Oliver is the only Arrow character to appear. 

I know they’ve announced Superman, Batwoman and Lois Lane will appear but they aren’t really a big draws for me either. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Not to mention don't Emily and David have crossover appearences built into their contracts? 

Majority of the casts probably have them built into their contracts. But it is probably an option the studio can force and pay them for or not use and still save money.

43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The guy doesn’t sound like he has the full schedule for the crossover. It wouldn’t surprise me if it hasn’t been completed yet. 

The guy doesn't sound like he knows anything to be honest.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

The guy doesn't sound like he knows anything to be honest.

The guy was way more specific with Flash (not incredibly so, but way more than Arrow, mentioning specific plots not revealed or really hinted at yet, etc.), so I kind of think he is legit, but is just wary about sharing Arrow stuff because of the crackdown there seems to be for them even more so this year (aka if anything does get out, they'll probably trace it back to him and then bam no more working on Arrow).

It does have the set up of making things up from his Arrow spoilers (being vague, mentioning stuff already established, etc.) though.

Edited by way2interested

Ugh. MG writing an episode. Why do I feel like he's more involved in the show than they're trying to portray? Just go away! 

Silver lining of that pic though is DIGGLE. HE'S ALIVE!!! (This is a joke, I know he's not dead, haha, but this is like the first we've heard about him.)

• Love 3
Just now, Angel12d said:

Ugh. MG writing an episode. Why do I feel like he's more involved in the show than they're trying to portray? Just go away! 

It's the crossover, he was always going to write it since he/AK/GB came up with the idea over a year ago. His tweet implied that he hasn't been involved as much in a while.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Silver lining of that pic though is DIGGLE. HE'S ALIVE!!! (This is a joke, I know he's not dead, haha, but this is like the first we've heard about him.)

I know! Where and why are they even hiding Diggle??

• Love 2

Well, at least now I know why JH and RG are still kissing MG's ass if he's still writing episodes and likely influencing story. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm definitely gonna need to hear more about Diggle soon. But him still being in ARGUS in the crossover means there's still no team for him to rejoin. Makes me wonder how long everyone will be so separate. This prison arc is gonna be until the crossover isn't it? I originally thought 3-5 episodes but now I'm thinking longer.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I mean if "writing episodes" = "writing one episode" then yeah, they could maybe be trying to get an in in the crossover, but Beth is still manning the ship. If MG is influencing the story he already had pitched to the writers room/network years ago, then Beth is the one going with it.

Maybe it's not that they are separate but that there's no formal Team Arrow until the dramatic moment when they all work together at once for the midseason finale, like at the end of 6b when they were pretty much all working together but just saying that they weren't all together until really parts of 622 and then 623. And then the new set for Argus might also be because Argus is involved in the story more.

Until stuff comes out for 707, I still think the arc ends in 705 and he gets out 706.

So,  it's September.   I usually see myself out of spoilers by the end of July, just enough to get me excited.   Yet,  I have nothing except vague Roy-ness.  This isn't a good sign to me.

• Love 3

Different LL, same pulled-from-the-writers’-asses storyline.

At least we know from previous seasons that wherever a character starts off the season, they end up the opposite. So E2 LL has nowhere to go but down. DA —> jailbird sounds like a good arc to me.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Chaser said:

SMH. It's like they brought back S1/S2 Laurel. 

They should've done that. 

The only way this is any good is if they show her not knowing what in the hell she's doing. How do you even fool someone well enough to become DA? Even if the public believes her, surely her colleagues would be like, "This woman has no clue what she's doing?" Maybe that's the story? Who knows. LOL

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Whoops. I posted in the wrong thread. Anyway.

BS being the new DA is ridiculous and hilarious but I totally expected it. Just like I expect Dinah to be the new Police Captain. They always give them everything unearned. It is what it is.

I'm kinda intrigued about Roy though because I thought someone said he was not a Roy we've ever seen before (which led to some spec that he was from E2) but he's definitely our E1 Roy so...why is he so different? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I'm kinda intrigued about Roy though because I thought someone said he was not a Roy we've ever seen before (which led to some spec that he was from E2) but he's definitely our E1 Roy so...why is he so different? 

Colton said it was "weird as shit" so the only thing I can guess is he's either been in a Lazarus Pit for some reason (can't wait for the reason why Thea would just not be looking for him), or some other supernatural thing that's making him act not like himself.

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Colton said it was "weird as shit" so the only thing I can guess is he's either been in a Lazarus Pit for some reason (can't wait for the reason why Thea would just not be looking for him), or some other supernatural thing that's making him act not like himself.

I did briefly wonder if they'd make him lose his arm like the comics, even though I know that would cost money. It's the only thing I could think where he'd still be E1 Roy but not as we've ever seen him before? The Lazarus Pit is also possible but kinda a repetitive storyline which probably makes it more likely, LMAO. 

Honestly I think the laziness with how they have written Black Siren as being DA based on no logical explanations just shows how much the writers despite their promo bluster don't care an iota about that character. She's there to meet  Katie's contract. If they did care, they would put more effort into giving her an actual arch and development. So I don't really expect much to come from it ?‍♀️

All their energy is going to be given to Olivers prison storyline, the long bow hunters, Roy, Felicity, Diggle with Argus and of course the writers new toys the newbies (including the what 3 new characters they are adding in?). 

• Love 7

LL 1.0 should have had all her cases thrown out as soon as she was outed as a vigilante. LL -2.0 should do about the same quality job as her predecessor.* Seriously, Oliver should have zero problems in prison if he just held a seminar on how to contact your lawyer and get your conviction overturned for both past offenders and anyone this version gets convicted. 

I still don't understand why no one is saying she's not LL and get her investigated. It's not like other weird shit hasn't happened in this city. At the least, Felicity should send an anonymous e-mail to Buzzfeed. (I wouldn't trust the Starling City journalists. I'm sure Diaz has provided every newspaper in town with a shiny new 3D printer.)

*I'm aware none of this will be addressed 

• Love 10

I'd expect Felicity to be the worst off, she's his wife. E2LL doesn't really care about Oliver and is swanning around in a great job, no wonder she's the best off. It probably does mean they don't really care much about the character that they are slotting her right into E1's role but if I was a find or fan of E1 I'd be livid.

Grr on Roy being our Ray. Please don't have broken up with Thea, otherwise she could just have gone off with Nyssa.

Ugh. That’s my only reaction to the BS news. Of course she’s doing great. Of course the newbies are doing great. 

Of course Felicity is standing with two people she should never speak to again and that will never be addressed. 

No, but seriously, how the hell is BS the DA? Watson knows she’s not E1 LL. Is she really just not informing anyone that SC has a DA with no law background? Oh wait, she just doesn’t care because she got what she wants: Oliver’s in prison. 

I guess that book BS read was magical. 

• Love 7

At least the girl aint MAYOR!
giphy.gif

Now I can only hope that Beth shows her guns and actually explains how and why Star City would accept "Laurel" back as DA. Everyone knows that she was Black Canary! She was a vigilante! It's not even whispers, they know it to be the truth 100%! That's a storyline that writes itself. 

• Love 5

I’m imagining the conversation in the writers’ room going like this:

Beth: Ok, we’ve got the season and our main characters’ arcs plotted out. Are we forgetting anything?

Tonya: Um, what are we going to do with Laurel?

Beth: Oh shit, she’s still around? I don’t have time for this, I have a wedding to plan. Let’s just copy from previous seasons.

Tonya: Well, in season 2 she was an ADA avenging Tommy’s death. And in season 3 she was an ADA avenging Sara’s death...

Beth: Let’s make her a DA avenging Lance’s death. Ok, I gotta go!

Tonya: But this is a new Laurel, it doesn’t make any sense—

::door slams::

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

BS being the new DA is ridiculous and hilarious but I totally expected it. Just like I expect Dinah to be the new Police Captain. They always give them everything unearned. It is what it is.

I can forgive Dinah being Police Captain (assuming it happens) because she's already a cop, with years on the force, and someone has to do it since the Star City cops keep getting killed.  Siren being DA will only make sense if it leads to her getting discovered as not being Laurel. 

• Love 6

I actually think I'd be more accepting of BS as mayor than as DA. It would be ridiculous but I can believe they'd give the job to anyone willing to wear that particular bullseye. One mayor in the last six years has gotten out alive (and he's currently serving life in prison so it's not exactly a win) so I can't imagine there are that many takers for the job.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I can forgive Dinah being Police Captain (assuming it happens) because she's already a cop, with years on the force, and someone has to do it since the Star City cops keep getting killed.  Siren being DA will only make sense if it leads to her getting discovered as not being Laurel. 

I totally see what you're saying. I just dislike the idea because Dinah gets everything handed to her so easily because comics while Felicity hasn't had a job in 2 years and has to share her company with Curtis. Even Diggle didn't have a job until this ARGUS thing late last season. It riles me up a bit. (Of course the Police Captain thing is just my spec for now but nothing would surprise me.)

I agree BS being DA will only make sense if they out her as E2 Laurel eventually. If they're gonna do this, I hope they show her struggling and not knowing what the hell she's doing. And I need it explained why Star City is suddenly okay with a DA who was publicly outed as a Vigilante while they're forcing this anti-Vigilante thing. I'm not convinced they're gonna do that though!

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Siren being DA will only make sense if it leads to her getting discovered as not being Laurel. 

Agreed. Otherwise they should've made her mayor, since any idiot can get elected there. 

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

And I need it explained why Star City is suddenly okay with a DA who was publicly outed as a Vigilante while they're forcing this anti-Vigilante thing.

Since Dinah said in the preview that there hasn't been any vigilante activity in 5 months, I'm guessing they'd be okay with it since she's allegedly stopped (and may even be railing against them because she's seen the ~error of her ways). 

• Love 2

They should've just had the new mayor go to "Laurel" and hire her as their bodyguard, giving her a Mercy Graves like position makes the most sense. 

Outting her as E2 Laurel to Star City wouldnt do anything that interesting imo. They'd probably be like ".....ok" and go about their day. 

Though I dont think Siren would really accept a DA position even if they offered it to her but of course the writers.....some things never change.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Having her pretend to be E-1 Laurel with no stakes isn't all that interesting either.

I agree. I've wanted her to have to take on the bad that comes with being E1 Laurel. She was a Black Canary and a lawyer....criminals should be trying to take her out, the criminals that Laurel put away should want her dead. Someone high up in Star City threatening to put her away for her time as "Black Canary" unless she works for them or does X would be interesting.  

But Arrow has allowed like 5 metas? show up since S3? They don't like to explore the "fantastical" side of the universe Arrow is part of so the citizens believing someone is from another Earth when they dont even worry about meta humans wouldn't be that strong of a storyline for me.

I feel like I already said this a while ago, but I can't get over the logistics of BS being DA. Like, she goes to bed at a reasonable hour, gets up every morning, drinks her coffee, reads the paper, then heads into the office? Sits through meetings? Participates in office birthday celebrations? How would she even know how to assign cases to the ADAs? How does she know what to charge people with? Is she part of the city's softball league or bowling night? Picks us her dry cleaning? Does she write in her journal how much she misses melting brains?

It's so beyond dumb; I just can't. 

• Love 20

You know, I think I've figured out the writers' game: Give any and all versions of Laurel the stupidest storylines possible and watch the audience explode in anger and talk about her ad nauseum. I mean, it's risky. People can just stop watching. But I think they know as long as there's Oliver, Felicity and Digg, the more loyal ones who've stuck around will still stick around.

On the other hand, maybe Beth actually has a storyline planned that explains the utmost ridiculousness of Evil Laurel being DA -- like the entire city, heck the country has been brainwashed by the fumes from DDDiaz's 3D printer. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I feel like I already said this a while ago, but I can't get over the logistics of BS being DA. Like, she goes to bed at a reasonable hour, gets up every morning, drinks her coffee, reads the paper, then heads into the office? Sits through meetings? Participates in office birthday celebrations? How would she even know how to assign cases to the ADAs? How does she know what to charge people with? Is she part of the city's softball league or bowling night? Picks us her dry cleaning? Does she write in her journal how much she misses melting brains?

That would actually be a funny episode if done right. Like how they did the Harmony episode in S5 of Angel of taking us through her work day. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It's the same with Dinah and Oliver and Felicity back when she was CEO and anybody who had a regular job. The way Arrow is told these people never sleep. I think Guggenheim once said something about these details being unimportant and that if they're doing their job the viewers won't ask the questions, but obviously they are not doing their jobs right because we are asking the questions and find it ridiculous. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The thing is, what does it say about E1 LL if they have BS do a job even a tiny bit successfully LL spent years working towards after reading a book? 

Everyone is able to do everyones job in Arrow. Oliver can run Star City just like all previous mayors, Thea can run a club out of nowhere and be be co-Mayor while Oliver does his vigilante work. 

Siren being able to do Laurels job puts all lawyers to shame. Laurel, Chase, whatshername. No matter the showrunner, some thing never change.

Arrow has come to the point where they just need to start making fun of themselves.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Answering those questions would require the writers to put in more then three seconds of thought. They are only likely to give BS two. 

They don't care. She's been shoved into plot lines that could be filled by random character/evil minion character [insert number] but because it's Katie it's just promoted.

• Love 1

If I were a lawyer, I'd be furious.  All the work to get into law school and then  through it, and then be good enough to get a DA job, and the show acts like someone who never finished school on E2 can do it by reading books over the summer.

But I shouldn't be surprised, LL1 because an insta-Black Canary. Of course LL2 is going to be an insta lawyer. At least LL1 did the work to become a lawyer, it wasn't just handed to her on a plate.

Between this, NTA back and what looks like more plotline for Diaz, I'm really disappointed in Beth.

• Love 4

I’m incensed on Chase’s behalf. His quest to avenge his father took time because he had to spend years on law school among other things. Apparently not, he just could have read a book and been in place by S3 or S4 at the latest. 

• Love 17

It's ridiculous but they'll probably give as much care and attention to BS being DA as they did E1LL being a good lawyer or her drug addiction 'crucible' which is to say very little. I'm more concerned about DDD mumble mouth moron hanging around for a while. God forbid he's this year's BB as well.

• Love 3