Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I'm still also wondering what Diggle's doing, how Oliver's going to get out of prison, and how Roy fits in all of this since they are keeping his role the most secret it seems. That and I'm holding out wondering how much EK's even in the season given his radio silence.

• Love 3
On 8/14/2018 at 7:59 PM, KenyaJ said:

Lolz. I saw this tweet earlier and wondered if Felicity could exchange him for a refund. At least his body is banging right now. But it pains me that Oliver Queen is a butterface.

I find it interesting that when OQ is not with FS he usually looks bad and many times awful. When he’s with her his face softens up. Even when he was with the League he looked bad until she walked in. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Shhh, let me have it until my dreams are shattered on October whatever day the premiere is.

October 15.  Unfortunately it's two day before pot becomes legal in Canada so I'll have to watch it the old tyme way.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I find it interesting that when OQ is not with FS he usually looks bad and many times awful. When he’s with her his face softens up. Even when he was with the League he looked bad until she walked in. 

keke I agree with you on everything except League Oliver. League Oliver was hot and spawned 1000 fics! Heeeeee

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Trisha said:

She blacked out the title for this one...

I love how she takes a picture of the redacted title rather than having a digital image of it to make it harder to test words, but I'm kind of disappointed that there wasn't really much creativity put into this one. Maya must either be busy or Beth must have really not want any hints either way.

24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Hopefully the title indicates Diaz is shuffling off this mortal coil and being sent to that giant 3-D printer in the sky

I never check his social media, but has he even been around post 701? Is it like KC coming back for this episode as well?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Heart eyes make even sad, prison Oliver hotter, I bet. Hopefully anyway.

He's usually a bit boyish and dopey when he's got the heart eyes so it'll be interesting to see it on the old man face. Now I am curious! 

• Love 1

I'm not sure even those dopey heart eyes will make prison-beard Oliver look attractive. It's literally the worst I've ever seen him look. Yikes.

56 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Most boring hiatus ever. 

Co-signed. I'm beyond bored.

• Love 2

Yes, yes it is. Beyond untenable.

Between the redacted episode title and all of Stephen's recent comments about how awful the beard is, I suspect it's going to be gone soon and Oliver's prison stint is also soon coming to an end. I'm probably being overly optimistic/hopeful.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Most boring hiatus ever. 

Yeah, I kind of understand Beth's "No spoilers, ever!" stance but it has left us with a really unexciting hiatus and after the study in annoyance that was most of season six, I don't think it's a good choice.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I don't understand the point of the beard? It's not even canon compliant (thankfully). He can shave his hair down to nothing but can't take care of business on his face? Unless he's hiding a file in there or something, it makes no sense. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Between the redacted episode title and all of Stephen's recent comments about how awful the beard is, I suspect it's going to be gone soon and Oliver's prison stint is also soon coming to an end. I'm probably being overly optimistic/hopeful.

It's not optimistic. It's completely realistic. SA being more public about his prison arc and beard + MG saying it's a 5 episode arc + Beth being secretive about episode 4 + SA's new costume fitting = Prison arc ending soon.  

• Love 3

I think the lesson that was learned here is that there is clearly a vast difference between a proof of concept art department mock up and the reality of the beard on Stephen’s actual face.  One looks “cool” and one ....does not. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 5

Part of the problem is that creepy/scraggly prison beard and goatee are not interchangeable like SA and whoever's in charge of letting him grow/keep that monstrosity seem to believe they are. Supposing MG knew the difference, it's possible the goatee would have looked okay/like the concept art (I sincerely doubt it but it's possible.)

• Love 2

I don't like beards but that doesn't look hygienic. Like if it was washed and conditioned a bit as least it would look less feral. The dirtiness (old food stains, fleas and lice type of dirty) of it is making it even worse. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Is he trying to show the beard as yellow? I realize it’s probably the lighting but really not a good look. 

• Love 3

The (only) good thing about the beard is that we'll know exactly what episode Oliver gets out of jail based on SA's appearance. He hates the beard so much I wouldn't be surprised if he posted a video of him shaving it the second he's allowed to...

• Love 6

You've had questions and been waiting patiently, and now we have answers.

First, if you haven't already, please take a second or two to read the opening post to this thread.  This thread has some slightly altered rules about what is on topic and what is off topic.  Since they are new, we intend to be pretty strict with the enforcement. 

And now the moment you've been waiting for--

5b776b1872dab_thesuspenseisterrible.gif.dc650561bf9d1a36066ec6867e07f0d6.gif

Introducing the new crossover thread!  

The Legends of Tomorrow Forum has volunteered to host the thread.  We know they're not slated to be a part of the upcoming crossover episodes but they did volunteer to host.  We took them up on the offer before they could change their mind. 

The crossover thread is the place where you can discuss anything and everything that is specifically related to the crossover episodes;  yet, this is NOT a Mind Your Surroundings replacement.  So what does that mean?

Post here & there:  What an Arrow character might or will do on the crossover episodes. 
Post only there: What a character from another show, might do or will do in the crossover episodes. 
Post only here:  Talk about an Arrow character, who might appear on the crossover episodes, but the talk is about what they're doing on Arrow. 
Neither here nor there: Talking about things characters are doing that aren't happening in the crossover episodes or on Arrow. 

The link to the thread will be in the first post of this thread as well as in the Notes from Your Mod Squad as long as it exists.

Have fun posting over there! 

• Love 1

I doubt that they're filming at the school today because William is in the school play. I'm guessing he's probably experiencing the middle (high?) school version of the hazing Oliver's experiencing in prison. Poor kid. I wonder if Felicity has to show up for a meeting with the principal?

• Love 1

William finally gets settled into Hope Springs middle school, where he signed up for Drama in order to force himself to be social. He inexplicably lands the lead in the school play opposite the prettiest girl in whatever grade he's in because who knows, who he has a HUGE crush on. During rehearsals, right before their first attempt at a very chaste peck on the lips for the G-rated romantic side-plot of said play, 3D sets off a cleverly planted incendiary device that he printed himself, throwing rehearsals into chaos. Oliver gets out of prison for reasons I haven't though up yet because of this theater explosion, and William is forced to leave Hope Springs and move back to Star City before the play, before having his first kiss with the pretty girl in whatever grade he's in. PRETEEN ANGST ANGST ANGST

At some point he'll run away back to Hope Springs, because he really really hates his life-ruining dad. 

MORE ANGST

/fin

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Don't ask me why but I assumed Felicity was already back in Star City. 

Yeah - she looks like Star City Felicity, so I figured she was back too (and lookin' cute). 

If Katie is dressed as Laurel and is going around town as DA or Mayor with that nose ring I will lol - Star City gonna Star City, I guess.

9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oh god, they’re going to have BS bring Felicity and William back to Star City like they had LL bring Felicity and Oliver back in S4. 

I’m only half kidding. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah - she looks like Star City Felicity, so I figured she was back too (and lookin' cute). 

If Katie is dressed as Laurel and is going around town as DA or Mayor with that nose ring I will lol - Star City gonna Star City, I guess.

Is it just me or does it look like EBR is wearing a flesh colored nose ring?

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Same. I just figured she was back already when she had scenes with Watson in 703? I honestly have no idea why I came to that assumption, haha. 

Edited by Angel12d
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Is it just me or does it look like EBR is wearing a flesh colored nose ring?

I think makeup probably put something over it so she didn't have to take it out for filming - that's what it looks like to me, at least. 

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

I know they used to let Laurel wear all those rings that Katie wore, but "Laurel" having a nose ring is a bridge too far.

2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Is this the first we've heard of Jack Moore filming since the premiere?

I definitely think it's the first we've heard of it, though that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't filmed other episodes. It would be weird if he's not in the episode when Felicity comes back to Star City. That said, yesterday Jack posted pictures on IG of his last day at camp, so it seems he was gone for at least a little while.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

My initial guess is that Felicity is hurt at William's school. And BS is there working for Diaz. 

But but but Black Siren partially moved her eyebrows before melting a man's brain. She's good now. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

TPTB just want to make sure that when you see the nose ring that you know it’s BS. 

(Because, you know we are too dumb to know this!)

2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

But but but Black Siren partially moved her eyebrows before melting a man's brain. She's good now. 

To bad we already know that she will be against Diaz. And that she'll be much more grey this season.