Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I'm definitely interested to see how they approach episodes with Oliver in jail and separate from everyone else but I have to admit, I'm also wary? I only like OTA and Olicity and I despise NTA with the fire of a thousand suns. So if most of these episodes are light on the characters/relationships I like and packed with the ones I don't, my interest is going to wane very quickly. Right now the possibility of a good Felicity storyline finally is the only thing hooking me tbh. 

And I have a feeling the prison stuff is going to get very repetitive and possibly boring pretty quickly. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Love 7

Let's hope she's saying it about that episode not that they aren't filming together much or her not filming much at all. I assume that she hasn't been *SHOCKING TWIST* killed off in eps 4-6 and isn't filming anything.

Edited by Featherhat

EBR strikes me as the type of person who says ‘I miss you’ after a day. 

When I first read it, I figured she was referring to the Oliver in prison storyline (since that was the photo).

I liked the use of sinceriously. Nice throwback.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

Look, I don't even know why they think Oliver letting some people get beat up in jail or staying out of trouble is bad. Isn't that what most people do when they are in prison? They do everything they can to survive so they can get back to their family. Honestly, I don't think there is anything Oliver will do in prison that will make me hate him. I mean I am a hardcore fan of Prison Break where my fav Michael keeping his head down let to a young guy getting raped. Just saying...

tenor.gif

If anything, I can't wait to see the repercussions this would have on William and Felicity. 

• Love 4

If the new PTB were smart (You'll notice i said IF) they would address the major batrayal of the NTA by having them admit guilt, and tell everyone they knew they were in the wrong, and show some remorse of being aware that OQ is ONLY in jail because of them and to protect them........ but I've been in this for the long hall, and sort of blacked out for the last part of s6...so I know we won't get that.

Something I could see happening to make Oliver feel was reprehensible is if another inmate tries to use his friend against him, say threaten to kill him....and Oliver doesn't take the bait or calls their bluff and they kill him.

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Let's hope she's saying it about that episode not that they aren't filming together much or her not filming much at all. I assume that she hasn't been *SHOCKING TWIST* killed off in eps 4-6 and isn't filming anything.

Lol, she'll die in 706 and then bringing her back to life is the crossover plot since she already joked about working with CJ and followed RR.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

If the new PTB were smart (You'll notice i said IF) they would address the major batrayal of the NTA by having them admit guilt, and tell everyone they knew they were in the wrong, and show some remorse of being aware that OQ is ONLY in jail because of them and to protect them........ but I've been in this for the long hall, and sort of blacked out for the last part of s6...so I know we won't get that.

Nah! This would never happen. The show will probably think things were squashed between NTA and OTA last season and never mention it. Or, they will act like it never happened. lol

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I think that pap on twitter (Ken?) said that EBR has been filming a lot this season so far. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol, she'll die in 706 and then bringing her back to life is the crossover plot since she already joked about working with CJ and followed RR.

Heh, didn't say it was happening (right now anyway), especially as that comment would *gasp* be hinting at a spoiler. ;)

@Angel12d yeah I wasn't really being serious, it's just her comment on the plot in the photo.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

And I have a feeling the prison stuff is going to get very repetitive and possibly boring pretty quickly. I hope I'm wrong though.

It sounds like there's one episode where he might be in solitary, so at least there's one episode different from the rest right off the bat.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, way2interested said:

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I gave up my life for Oliver.

He shot me with an arrow, and I still faked death for him. You newbies have nothing.

Roy should also work in the part about getting electrocuted and left in a puddle.   And then he needs to kill/get at least one of the newbies to leave town (any of them will do - but preferably Curtis).  

5 hours ago, Trisha said:

That was the best. He mentions three reasons why Oliver would opt to stay in jail (Diaz on the loose, the team's immunity, and Felicity/William's safety), but then goes on to say it's only two of those three things that keeps him from breaking out:

Wouldn't Diaz being on the loose be a reason to escape from jail? Since the FBI and ARGUS have totally failed to capture Diaz?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wouldn't Diaz being on the loose be a reason escape from jail? Since the FBI and ARGUS have totally failed to capture Diaz?

I think Oliver has some sort of mental deficiency where Diaz is concerned. It's the only thing that explains anything about the "reveal my identity then go to prison for life, that will protect my family" plan

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Wouldn't Diaz being on the loose be a reason to escape from jail? Since the FBI and ARGUS have totally failed to capture Diaz?

But, how could they possibly capture Diaz! Diaz has a tattoo! And a gun! Truly, he is invincible!

I think the prison stuff could be decently interesting, but these light spoilers are making me nervous that they're going to spend WAY too much time on it. I dont want Oliver in prison for more than a few episodes before things get handled and we can move onto a new plot. Right now, we seem to be stuck in last season, with the prison stuff and Diaz still being a thing for God knows what reason, and Oliver being in jail for too long sounds like a bad mix of depressing and dull. I want to see interaction between Olicity and OTA and even with Oliver and William. 

As for us hating Oliver for something he does in jail, we already saw Oliver skin a guy alive for torture practice a season ago. I think we're ride or die by this point. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I think that pap on twitter (Ken?) said that EBR has been filming a lot this season so far. 

I'm very hopeful that Felicity will have a driving storyline.  If I'm going to have Olicity separated this long, I want to see Felicity actively doing.  I don't even care what. 

In season three when Oliver was "dead" she was the reason I was still caring what was happening.  I know they can give her interesting and compelling stuff and carry the show until my babies are reunited.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

LOL. I know he would never say so, but I hope he thinks they're as useless and superflous as many of us do.

I think this is a different school than the one where they filmed the William/play scenes a few weeks ago.

It looks like they were still filming prison scenes, but maybe this will be the episode where Oliver finally gets out. 

fl4g7kaibwm11.jpg?width=1024&s=b4c05fda6

Source

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

As for us hating Oliver for something he does in jail, we already saw Oliver skin a guy alive for torture practice a season ago. I think we're ride or die by this point. 

Exactly. I don’t think I’ve ever hated Oliver for something he’s done to hurt someone physically. In season 5, people didn’t hate him for that flashback. They hated him for his stupidity in the present day.

I really doubt they’ll prove me wrong. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Because in typical, illogical Arrow fashion, the only reason Watson agreed to hunt Diaz is because of the deal she made with Oliver about jail. Not because, you know, it’s her job or anything. This whole deal is going to make Oliver look increasingly dumb the longer the city is in danger and the FBI is failing to catch Diaz with no vigilantes around to help (though I guess the new gang will address that.)

6 hours ago, strikera0 said:

It looks like they were still filming prison scenes, but maybe this will be the episode where Oliver finally gets out.

Isn’t this week 706-707? The more it becomes clear they are going to drag out the prison stuff, the more I’m dreading it. I’m going to cling to DR’s assertion that Oliver is already out and assume they are shooting stuff about the remaining inmates. 

• Love 2

He's probably staying in prison so we'll like the noobs dammit! Yeah that's going to go down well if he's cut off from the action, just like how everyone loved it when he spent all that time with the LOW and "dead" or giving it up for William last year.

• Love 1

If it's so we like the newbies, giving Felicity stuff to do seems like a dumb idea, then.

21 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Isn’t this week 706-707?

They're still on 706 until later today/tomorrow, IIRC. 

Something's at least up with the plot since SA interacts with a member of the team circa 705/706.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, way2interested said:

In this IGN article, note that 3 of the new prison pics are tagged for 701, while the other 3 new prison pics are tagged for 702.

The prison inmate named Stanley - who appears in these new 701 & 702 promo pics - is played by Brendan Fletcher, a 36-year-old Canadian actor. His height is 5'6". Here's his IMDb page and (I think) his social media links...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281956/
https://twitter.com/brendanfletch1
https://www.instagram.com/thebrendanfletcher/

Also, it sounds like the school is being used for the prison set...

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

For that school being used as the prison, weren't they using that old hospital for the prison interior shots? Are they using this place for exterior shots, new location shots, or have they used this place the whole time too?

This is picture from this school interiors, according to Google ;) 

image_manager__rex_galerie_thumb_byrnecreek09.jpg

Wouldn't take much to change around the look of that school to look like a prison.  Maybe they move Oliver to a different part of the prison to explain the different interior if they started off at a hospital for the interiors.  

I don't suppose it's likely that Oliver breaks out of prison and then breaks back in?

Man, the kids at that school are going to be milking "our school is a literal prison" jokes for a long time. 

I guess it makes sense that most of the very few spoilers and hints we are getting are about the prison, as its where the season is starting, but its making me feel rather apprehensive. I dont want the jail stuff to last too terribly long. 

• Love 4

Everything seems apprehensive to me since there's been no definite spoilers on anything XD.

My thing with the prison stuff is as long as there's a plot rather than just Oliver stewing (jury's still out, but I would guess there is one), there are still some interesting/dynamic scenes with Oliver (sounds like 703 will be one, plus I'm interested in the rest of those 701 fight scenes), the plots are all not completely separate (if Oliver at least has an idea of what might be going on outside, if Felicity brings up freeing Oliver to Watson, etc.), and if he at least interacts with some of the other main characters during the time (they already completed this in 701, but now apparently also in 705/706 and maybe even an episode in between depending on SA's tendency to exaggerate lengths), I'm good.

• Love 2

I'm not sure why there are 8 million promos of different lengths today, but here's yet another one. "I want to get back to my family." *sniff*  (Should've never left them in the first place, but whatever.)

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 6

Aww man, I liked how Stanley delivered the "You have failed this city!" line, which means I'm probably going to like this kid and hate Oliver for letting him get hurt. It may not be 'skinned a dude alive' levels of horrible, but I have a feeling they're going to make Stanley a super sympathetic character and I don't really need another reason to hate Oliver on the heels of his unilateral prison decision...

What is the ultimate goal of making the audience hate Oliver for whatever action he does/doesn't take here? Dude's already at Dean Winchester levels of self-loathing. Anyone with half a brain cell knows prison isn't a fun place to be. He can't be Hero!Oliver while locked up, so....what's the point?

• Love 2

So basically BS is Arrows version of Jeff Session. Part taking in an issue she was involved with (she falsely testified about the identity of the Green Arrow but is still working on an Green Arrow reveal). Her E1 counterpart was a vigilante who was revealed by the Green Arrow to the public. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I didn't see any pink in her hair so it makes me think that that's DreamFelicity.

Real Felicity would have no cause to call for Oliver’s help at this moment in time.

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Stanley's about to get reality checked hard on the "don't meet your heroes" lesson.

Which is too bad since he seems cute in the promo.

1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

This has to mean a shaven face, right? Because he's been wearing bruises for so long that nothing about that would be a spoiler.

I suspected (hoped) something along those lines when he posted this photo. The green goo doesn’t look like it’s hiding a Yeti.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

This has to mean a shaven face, right? Because he's been wearing bruises for so long that nothing about that would be a spoiler.

He just posted an FB video with a full beard and bruises all over his face. It wasn’t live but he said it was Wednesday and talked about his NP event with AT being “this weekend” so it seems like he shot it today. He also talked about slamming a guy so hard against a wall today that the director needed another take. I think he’s still shooting in the prison. All the sighs...

• Love 6

They don't learn do they. After all the criticism last year about isolating Oliver they are back at it.

I can never work out if they are just plain lazy and give no f@cks about the show or a case of whoever is in charge always wanting to be "clever" and thinking they are special enough that their (pretty much the same) vision will be "marvellous" this time. 

• Love 11

Beth seems to see something in it, so I'll give it a chance for her excitement. Plus, interacting with the team 2+ times makes me think they won't act as if they are on 2 separate planets or anything. There's still literally nothing specific about what's going on with anything.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

They don't learn do they. After all the criticism last year about isolating Oliver they are back at it.

I can never work out if they are just plain lazy and give no f@cks about the show or a case of whoever is in charge always wanting to be "clever" and thinking they are special enough that their (pretty much the same) vision will be "marvellous" this time. 

I think they are so intent on giving the "twist" of Oliver in jail weight that they are ignoring the much proved fact that the show doesn't do so well with Oliver in isolation.  I'm trying to give Beth the benefit of the doubt for now but I suspect it's going to be like it always is, us just trying to wait out the crap episodes where Oliver is not front and center with the OTA.  Though maybe they want to intentionally make the audience feel Oliver's frustration in still being in jail so that when he FINALLY gets out, we see it as a big deal instead of inevitable.  

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Trisha said:

He just posted an FB video with a full beard and bruises all over his face. It wasn’t live but he said it was Wednesday and talked about his NP event with AT being “this weekend” so it seems like he shot it today. He also talked about slamming a guy so hard against a wall today that the director needed another take. I think he’s still shooting in the prison. All the sighs...

Director Kristin Windell said that 706 wrapped on Tuesday, Sep. 18 (see Spoilers thread). So it sounds like SA still had the beard on Wed., Sep. 19 (when 707 started shooting?).

Edited by tv echo