Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Just now, way2interested said:

I think the line in the trailer was "I have to fight back" and this one is "you have to fight back," but I'm not 100% sure.

Now that you've said it I can hear "You have to fight back" which wouldn't surprise me because that's a very Felicity thing to say. 

Is there old footage in that promo? There's a clip of Oliver and the rest of the team suited up and I actually cannot remember seeing it before. I think I sometimes phase out during the fight scenes.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is there old footage in that promo? There's a clip of Oliver and the rest of the team suited up and I actually cannot remember seeing it before. I think I sometimes phase out during the fight scenes.

That has to be old - Stephen has stubble in that scene, not a beard.

• Love 1

There's also an old clip of Diggle in a parachute. Clearly from the courtroom episode when he brought back Christopher Chance. 

The very, very short clip of Felicity at the prison is making my heart do the dance of joy! 

Meanwhile, is Rene trying to recruit even more freakin' masks? I hope he's just teaching gym or something.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 7.45.22 PM.png

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

It shows you where my interest lies because I didn't even see that shot of Rene. Haha.

Not gonna get mad at him and Dinah being totally fine while Olicity go through shit though. Nope. Not gonna.

TOO LATE!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Meanwhile, is Rene trying to recruit even more freakin' masks? I hope he's just teaching gym or something.

I think he's teaching a self-defense or gym class for kids - that's what it sounded like in the promo.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Whyyyyy? 

Dang.

She really gets beat up. And it looks like she goes straight to the prison to see him after.

Im thinking 7x03? Maybe the fight is at the end of 7x02. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I really hope that Diggle at least has someone who is supposed to be *secretly* watching Felicity making sure she is protected should she obviously get attacked. 

You would think. But I wouldn't be surprised if we get a scene of Diggle visiting Oliver in prison and going, "yeah, Felicity and William are fine." Cut to the attack. 

If someone is watching them, you'd think they'd intervene before Felicity could get that beat up. Unless the ARGUS agents (presumably) are killed by whoever attacks her. Which could happen. Remember when a teenager bribed an ARGUS agent to get BS out in S5? ARGUS agents are only as competent as they need to be at any given moment.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

He better be upset about it! I don't trust these writers!

I mean, they are already writing a scene between Olicity when a good portion of people thought they wouldn't interact until he got out of prison, so I'd think so.

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Im thinking 7x03? Maybe the fight is at the end of 7x02. 

I think so too, unless the scenes in the cafe for 702 are actually flashbacks. Then the actual fight could even happen in 701.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

He better be upset about it! I don't trust these writers!

It would be very OOC of Oliver to see his wife beaten to shit and not be upset about it. He's driven by a need to protect his family.

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Is she saying ‘I have to fight back’ or ‘You have to fight back’? I heard ‘you’ but Twitter is saying ‘I’.

In the first trailer we had she says "I have to fight back" but in this latest one I'm hearing "You" now. So IDK. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It would be very OOC of Oliver to see his wife beaten to shit and not be upset about it. He's driven by a need to protect his family.

In the first trailer we had she says "I have to fight back" but in this latest one I'm hearing "You" now. So IDK. 

It’s two different scenes. The ‘I have to fight back’ is from 7x01 which fits EBR saying Felicity takes action. I think Felicity is encouraging a defected Oliver in the prison scene. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

It’s two different scenes. The ‘I have to fight back’ is from 7x01 which fits EBR saying Felicity takes action. I think Felicity is encouraging a defected Oliver in the prison scene. 

I think so too, because when you listen to them both they are very different line readings. The “I have to fight back” is probably what she says in his nightmare, and the “you have to fight back” is her encouraging him to stand up for himself in prison in a subsequent episode. Arrow loves its parallels/repeated lines — plus it’s a nice nod to how even when he’s dreaming, she’s the voice in his head. 

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Is she saying ‘I have to fight back’ or ‘You have to fight back’? I heard ‘you’ but Twitter is saying ‘I’.

I'm hearing "I" but I hope it's "you".

When SA was giving his SDCC press interviews (on July 21), he said that Oliver hasn't had any contact with Felicity or his son.

-- SA: "[Oliver] hasn't had any contact with Felicity." (SDCC, Jul. 21, 2018: Jul. 23, 2018 Serienjunkies video of press roundtable interview with SA, page 2 of Spoilers thread)
-- SA: "[Oliver] hasn't had any contact with Felicity or his son." (SDCC, Jul. 21, 2018: Jul. 30, 2018 GameSpot article, page 3 of Spoilers thread)

Arrow was shooting 702 from July 18-31, 2018. The Felicity barista scenes were leaked during filming of 702.

So this new prison scene between Felicity & Oliver had to have been shot either near the end of shooting 702 or after 702.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

One papp summarized what Felicity's doing while Oliver's in prison (based on spoiled scenes)...

SEASON 7: What’s ARROW’s Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) Doing While Her Husband’s in Prison?
By Susan Gittins August 29, 2018  
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2018/08/season-7-whats-arrows-felicity-emily-bett-rickards-doing-while-her-husbands-in-prison.html

Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) outed himself as the Green Arrow last season and went to prison to protect his wife, son and team.
Does it work? Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Oliver’s son William are threatened in the woods.
What can she do? She hides in plain sight as a barista (filmed at JJ Bean in east Vancouver).
Does it work? Here she is throwing a pot of hot coffee at an intruder.
Felicity visits her husband in prison where she tells him to “fight back” (see above).
Stephen Amell thinks Emily Bett Rickards deserves an Emmy nomination for her work in the season 7 premiere.

arrow-felicity-fight-back.jpg?resize=102

arrow-felicity.jpg?resize=1024,724

a-a-arrow-olicity-2.jpg?resize=1024,777

arrow-felicity2.jpg?resize=1024,597

arrow-felicity-21.jpg?resize=1024,555 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Does it work? Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Oliver’s son William are threatened in the woods.

This writer appears to be the only person who doesn't know this is a dream. Felicity calling for her imprisoned husband should have been the first clue.

• Love 1

She looks freshly beaten up! I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!

Does she finish her fight and then hops into the car to go to jail and find Oliver?

I guess we've got our answer to how Felicity will get mad at Oliver without appearing unsympathetic. She looks as beaten up as he does.

I better see tragic upset Oliver face at the sight of her or else I will riot! 

• Love 3

If MG originally said it was a 5 episode arc, then they probably have something.

At some point he's going to be out, so the episodes would have to involve how he breaks out and probably eventually teaming up with some of the villians in prison like from the GA movie the arc is semi-based on. There's possibilities there that they just haven't revealed yet, just like whatever Felicity and the rest of the casts' plots are.

Edited by way2interested

I wonder if "The Demon" is tied to Roy's storyline somehow. IIRC, Ra's al Ghul was sometimes referred to as the Demon's Head. Roy had gone off with Thea to look for those other Lazarus Pits. Maybe something happened to Roy.

Edited by tv echo

That one about the crossover seemed like a guess more than the others, so I'm not jumping on that just yet. I just got bothered by the vagueness of the Arrow spoilers (other than Oliver having an antagonist in prison, which probably anyone would have already guessed) vs the pretty specific Flash spoilers the guy also gave. There's actually genuinely nothing new unless you take opinions as spoilers, along with the fact it's still the same stuff we've seen again and again (still nothing about what Roy/Diaz/Curtis/Diggle/BS are doing but we'll say that Oliver/Felicity/Rene/Dinah/Roy/Longbow Hunters are doing something because they were already promoted and you can create vague teases about them! And it's really cool!). Like, sure, I think this guy could possibly know what's happening given the specifics from Flash, but the vagueness is super weird.

Edited by way2interested

Regarding the reddit spoilers:

There is pretty much nothing they can do with Rene that will make me not hate having him on-screen after last season. 

If Oliver is the only one in the crossover (which I’m not sure I buy), I’m even more interested in what the MSF will look like and I’m going to assume the MSF is 708. Presumably 708 couldn’t end with anything cliffhanger-y for Felicity/William/Diggle because I can’t see Oliver leaving Star City if he’s the only one to if something happens to any of them. Or the episodes would have to go 708-710 with 709 not really part of season 7, storyline-wise?

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Reddit, of all places, saying Felicity's storyline is the "best of the rest"...um...well there's my doubts of its truthfulness right there. LMAO. 

Felicity is separated from Oliver so I can totally buy Reddit thinking it’s the best storyline she’s had. 

Maybe Beth even scared the spoiler dudes. Lol

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

Felicity is separated from Oliver so I can totally buy Reddit thinking it’s the best storyline she’s had. 

Maybe Beth even scared the spoiler dudes. Lol

They're so vitriolic about her I just really doubt they'd enjoy anything she does tbh.

And honestly that spoiler list doesn't really seem very spoilery considering we know bits and pieces of that info anyway. Dinah had technically already taken over Lance's place as the link to SCPD. Saying Rene's storyline builds his character tells me nothing and sounds like wishful thinking. Nothing is specific.

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If Oliver is the only one in the crossover (which I’m not sure I buy), I’m even more interested in what the MSF will look like and I’m going to assume the MSF is 708.

Unless they changed their mind, it's not. Bamford said this at SDCC (unless he was being literal, and they actually treat 7X08 as the finale):

JBamford: "Oh, the crossover. Um, I'll be directing the crossover again this year. It will be episode 9, not episode 8, this year. So it will also be the midseason finale." 

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Reddit, of all places, saying Felicity's storyline is the "best of the rest"...um...well there's my doubts of its truthfulness right there. LMAO. 

To be fair, it's not reddit saying it, it's a person who posted on reddit - they just opened their account. 

If it is legit, they certainly figured out how to tease/hint without full-on spoiling anything, I guess. Though anything about Rene or Dinah automatically switches me off. Haha. 

I will be shocked if the thing about the crossover is true though, especially if they do count the crossover episode as the midseason finale. Not having any of your main characters (apart from Oliver) in your midseason finale??

22 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

To be fair, it's not reddit saying it, it's a person who posted on reddit - they just opened their account. 

Fair enough, I didn't realize. I guess we'll see!

Edited by Angel12d
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Unless they changed their mind, it's not. Bamford said this at SDCC (unless he was being literal, and they actually treat 7X08 as the finale):

That’s what I’m thinking could be the case. 

Hopefully we get some comments soon about it. Maybe someone will say something at the convention this weekend. 

38 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I would be genuinely shocked if Felicity isn’t in the crossover. 

Yeah, me too. I can easily imagine a crossover with minimal participation from most of the Arrow cast (like last year), but between her technical skills and her personal connections with Kara and The Flash characters, there's no way Felicity wouldn't be involved. Other than Diggle, I honestly don't care whether any other Arrow characters are in it.

• Love 4