Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Just as Hollywood realizes it's sometimes best to break up an overly long movie into multiple parts, sometimes it's smart to break up extra long threads to get a fresh start. 

Please make sure you pay attention to the rules for this thread.  If you follow them, it will help keep it manageable for everyone. 

• This topic is for spoiler discussion of Arrow only
  • This topic is NOT for complaining/rehashing past seasons/episodes
  • This topic is NOT for discussion of other shows in the overall Arrowverse EXCEPT for specific crossover discussion.
  • When talk moves from spoiler-talk to non-spoiler character or relationship talk, take your reply to the appropriate character or relationship thread.

Updated 8/17/18:  Here is a link to the crossover episodes thread.  If it's your first time visiting that thread, be mindful of the discussion guidelines. 

Although Mark Pedowitz was responding to a question about The 100, his answer could also apply to Arrow...

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Riverdale, Walking Dead, Supernatural, The Resident, Crazy Ex and More
By Michael Ausiello / August 7 2018, 
https://tvline.com/2018/08/07/greys-anatomy-teddy-owen-baby-spoilers-season-15/

Question: Is The 100‘s upcoming sixth season going to be its last? —Dennis
Ausiello: “I doubt it, actually,” CW president Mark Pedowitz shared Monday at TCA. “Jason [Rothenberg] has done a remarkable job of revitalizing the show, and I hope it can go on for a long time.” But if it does wind up being the end, “We’re pretty good at people [sic] giving people enough time to wrap up their shows,” Pedowitz noted.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Looks like Sydelle and Emily filmed together yesterday.

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 8.14.53 AM.png

Does Tommy Cole being there mean KC was also filming? If so, it would make sense for him to have posted her pic as well. 

14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Does Tommy Cole being there mean KC was also filming? If so, it would make sense for him to have posted her pic as well. 

Not necessarily. I believe he lives in Van, and seems to have an overlapping group of friends with Emily.

I just checked and he teaches spinning at a gym in Van.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

How is Tommy Cole related to KC? I always see him with Emily doing goofy stuff.

It's so interesting that Sydelle and Emily hang out. Sydelle seems very fond of her too. Did they know each other before S6 or did she just get slapped with the EBR charm?

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

How is Tommy Cole related to KC? I always see him with Emily doing goofy stuff.

It's so interesting that Sydelle and Emily hang out. Sydelle seems very fond of her too. Did they know each other before S6 or did she just get slapped with the EBR charm?

I don't think they'r hanging out. Sydelle's video was in the Arrow makeup room, and EBR was wearing that wig at Tommy's Bday party later. Not saying they aren't friendly, but I haven't seen any evidence of them hanging outside of work.

Do we have any inkling on who the white haired dude might be? I don't really imagine him being important enough to be obscured, half way though it maybe. 

I also have no idea what could be spoilery on the table and the wall. 

13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I also have no idea what could be spoilery on the table and the wall. 

The wall and the desk probably reveal where the setting is (Argus logo, FBI logo, whatever organization it is and the name plate/title of whoever's desk that is).

Maybe it's the office of whoever runs the Slab and Felicity's there (assuming that the person on the left is EBR).

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Emily filming a lot? 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

If Roy is the GA, then I guess that plot gets settled for 701 to explore later, or he might actually doing something completely different?

I don't think Roy is the GA tbh. I have a feeling it's gonna be the new female character. IDK why.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Probably after Felicity is out of protection. 

With Roy? I just wonder where he is if he and Felicity and up teaming together. Like, I get him not being in every scene she's in but "not really filming a lot" makes me wonder what he's doing again

8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

don't think Roy is the GA tbh. I have a feeling it's gonna be the new female character. IDK why.

I don't think so either really, although I think it's the obvious guess.

Didn't Colton say somewhere (maybe the podcast?) that he filmed 2 episodes at the same time? I'm going to guess that's what he'll be doing majority of this year. They seem to be trying to keep production costs down as much as possible. 

Not sure if this is Arrow-related or Arrowverse-related. It's probably the former, but I hope it's the latter, because this show needs another superhero like I need a hole in the head. 

• Love 4

Isn't the speculation that the Konomi Rhodes casting is a fake pseudonym for a comic book hero? It's probably her...whoever she is. It's so weird that they haven't made any casting announcements.

• Love 1

I’m sending positive thoughts out to the universe that Arrow is not adding ANOTHER supersuited hero to the roster. They desperately need to subtract from the ones they already have, not keep adding more in.  Add to that, I’m kind of wary that a new mask will be all over every story and plot which, given the show’s history, usually means a character I like gets pushed to the sidelines.  (I’m not quite at the stage where I fully trust Beth to do things differently).

On the subject supersuited characters, has there been any indication of what storyline Curtis might have in S7? Curtis was absent from the trailer and the SDCC interviews with Echo and Emily didn’t reveal anything, but I’m not entirely sure I didn’t just tune out anything Curtis related. 

I haven’t really seen anything that indicates Echo is filming, other than being present at the 701 table read, so I’m wondering what they might be doing with him. 

Edited by kes0704
3 hours ago, kes0704 said:

Add to that, I’m kind of wary that a new mask will be all over every story and plot which, given the show’s history, usually means a character I like gets pushed to the sidelines.  (I’m not quite at the stage where I fully trust Beth to do things differently)

We don't necessarily know yet though. Seemingly there's no new mask for the Oliver (prison plot), Diggle (Argus stuff), or Felicity (taking matters into your own hands) stuff, and we're really only talking a new mask for the Star City stuff which is mostly the newbies so far (assuming that Konami character is the GA in 701 and then gets a suit in 704/705 per the tweet). The new tech person I guess might be a mask but there's also no info on how much he's around or if he is there for Felicity's or Curtis' plot.

3 hours ago, kes0704 said:

I haven’t really seen anything that indicates Echo is filming, other than being present at the 701 table read, so I’m wondering what they might be doing with him. 

It kind of seemed that he didn't even film for 701, but I don't know for sure. I would assume he would stick with the newbies but not being in the trailer throws that off.

7 hours ago, kes0704 said:

I was just ranting in the Hopes thread about how I hope they kill him off. Last night I was watching old SDCC 2014 interviews and marveling at the way the show trolled us by including Caity Lotz in the cast lineup even though they knew Sara died in 301. Fingers crossed for a similar situation with Echo? I feel slightly bad for wishing for him to get fired, since he seems like a good guy IRL, but Curtis is the worst and he needs to go.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Chaser said:

At this point I think Curtis just needs to go full whiny man villain. Join up with Diaz and get taken out with him. 

This could work. Diaz could go to him for help getting another 3-D printing operation off the ground.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

He’s really gonna be in prison a while isn’t he? Yikes. That’s a mistake, IMO. 

MG when talking about the plot as a hypothetical idea said it was a five episode arc IIRC, so it should be almost done if they are keeping to it

I have no interest in watching Oliver in prison. I don’t want to watch him be depressed, I don’t want to watch him get beaten up. 

If it was Oliver being a hero, hopefully and honorable against the odds, then maybe. 

But this, no.

All I’m interested in right now is Felicity and Roy. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

MG when talking about the plot as a hypothetical idea said it was a five episode arc IIRC, so it should be almost done if they are keeping to it

Personally I think 5 episodes is way too much. 3 episodes would’ve been sufficient. I just don’t think it’s wise to keep Oliver on his own island for that long, even more so because what exactly could they do with it? He gets beaten up for 5 episodes? ?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

He’s really gonna be in prison a while isn’t he? Yikes. That’s a mistake, IMO. 

I'm not sure for how much longer. He didn't give any real spoilers, but he did say the following: 

(Thanks to Paige for the transcription.)

That could mean anything, I suppose. Flashbacks, prison talent show, maybe he escapes and dresses like a clown to avoid being caught. Who knows.

He also said that if he gave us a thousand guesses, we wouldn't guess who the superhero costume fitting yesterday was for.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Personally I think 5 episodes is way too much. 3 episodes would’ve been sufficient. I just don’t think it’s wise to keep Oliver on his own island for that long, even more so because what exactly could they do with it? He gets beaten up for 5 episodes? ?

I get that, I just wanted to jump in before the "he's going to be there until 709" idea came in XD. I don't necessarily think 5 episodes is too much, depending on what they do with it. Like, if it is he gets beaten up every time with no connections and just gets darker and darker until he's out, then yeah I think it's way too long. However, if it is an actual arc with something else going on in there and Oliver being instrumental on him getting out (and some sort of connection to the others, with Diggle at least visiting him in 701 I think there's gotta be at least other visit scenes or interactions maybe even with other characters), then I don't think it'll be that bad, especially if there are other interesting plots going on.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

That could mean anything, I suppose. Flashbacks, prison talent show, maybe he escapes and dresses like a clown to avoid being caught. Who knows.

My first thought here was the GA costume with the dumb feather hat. It's the only thing I could think would look silly and something SA thought would never happen. LOL. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think he’ll get out right before the MSF (or in the MSF) just in time to set up the 2nd half of the season. 

Same. I think he's in there until 707 at least, unfortunately. 

I'm wondering if Emily is on set right now? They've filmed at BC Place a lot over the course of the show. (Sidenote: Her antipathy for the geese is one of my favorite running jokes right now.)

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm not sure for how much longer. He didn't give any real spoilers, but he did say the following: 

He also mentioned that when he was seeing Maya he saw another person getting fitted for a superhero costume and that if we had a million guesses we'd never get it, so it looks like whoever it is, it'll be for Arrow itself. Must be one of the new characters, as previously guessed.

Edited by Trisha

Would they be having fittings for the crossover already? I wonder if both costume fittings is about that? And if so, I would actually put Felicity on the spec list because no one would expect it. 

1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

He also said that if he gave us a thousand guesses, we wouldn't guess who the superhero costume fitting yesterday was for.

Okay. ?

4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm wondering if Emily is on set right now? They've filmed at BC Place a lot over the course of the show. (Sidenote: Her antipathy for the geese is one of my favorite running jokes right now.)

Going by this pic, she was definitely on set.

I wonder if she's gonna be filming at this club later.

If she is filming there later, I hope someone gets pics. I think we need it because this hiatus is dry af.
Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2