Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

In light of CH's comment at HVFF, that he can't shave his beard now, which is actually a scruff, I'm back to thinking it's gotta be him as the GA. 

I laugh when he calls it a beard. What a puppy.

• Love 4

He's been fairly clean shaven for a while now...has he not been filming all this time? Or maybe its for flashbacks? I know he had it at the beginning of filming but then it seemed to disappear.

Now why cant Diggle grow an actual beard? His character is in a different space nowadays, let him do something visually!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I'd think that too, although him not being the GA would at least give a spot for one of the new characters and make it easier to figure out what's going on XD.

I'd rather it be him than Wild Dong. And he's already been accused of being GA anyway.

• Love 2

Looking at the photos Cass posted on IG, SA’s beard looks trimmed up. It’s probably because he isn’t filming so he styled it but I wondered if his beard is going to be around a lot longer than thought. 

Beth probably knows fans are on beard watch, I could totally see her keeping the beard on SA to avoid spoiling Oliver’s release.

Ha, I couldn't even tell. It still looks like a messy beard to me. I could see them doing that to keep from spoilers and then maybe keeping it in terms of trimming it back a bit to more manageable levels continuing on with the season (and, like s4 with the sleeveless costume, just so SA and the producers can prove that they did no matter what).

If it is trimmed though, I wonder if it's just for the small break and then it will look the same once he gets back to filming (whether 706 or even 707 if he already finished) or if it's supposed to be trimmed for parts for 706/707, and they just figure that people won't look at it too closely.

Edited by way2interested

That beard cannot stay the whole season. There aren't many thingsthat can make SA unattractive but that is one of them and it's not even comics accurate for the purists. Forget showing the actual 10 year age gap between him and EBR it makes him look way older than *his* actual age as well. The sleeveless look was stupid but it doesn't cost ant time or money to go back to even a fuller scruff.

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'll believe it when we see it.  

Yeah like all the Felicity plots which never materialise. It would be nice to have a Diggle centric that's a bit different rom his usual ones which I sadly find boring a lot of the time. I have no interest in the SS, Andy wore out his welcome quickly, DD had more nuances at his most megalomaniacal that season and there's only do many times he and Lyla can have the exact same argument.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

That beard cannot stay the whole season. There aren't many thingsthat can make SA unattractive but that is one of them and it's not even comics accurate for the purists. Forget showing the actual 10 year age gap between him and EBR it makes him look way older than *his* actual age as well. The sleeveless look was stupid but it doesn't cost ant time or money to go back to even a fuller scruff.

Haha in the one pic I've seen of them recently he looks like her Pa ?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I especially worry about the juxtaposition of a pink-haired Felicity who looks about 15 and a prison-bearded Oliver who looks about 3 times that. Even if they have no scenes together beyond the banged up prison visit, it's going to be so weird.

Old man Oliver robbing the cradle. There's comic canon right there for you! 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I especially worry about the juxtaposition of a pink-haired Felicity who looks about 15 and a prison-bearded Oliver who looks about 3 times that. Even if they have no scenes together beyond the banged up prison visit, it's going to be so weird.

Hah, stealth plan to make BC the more palatable partner. ;) but seriously it is going to be a bit weird as they've only looked a 5-6 years apart at most until now. 

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Old man Oliver robbing the cradle. There's comic canon right there for you! 

Heh, the one thing they're faithful to is dirty old man Ollie! *laughing*

• Love 1

To be fair she did have her hair pinned in two sides in the pink hair pics. That kind of hairdo always makes a young looking person look even younger.

I think EBR in real life and SA in real life look a bit iffy in terms of age difference right now but "normal" Felicity styling will hopefully make her not look like a baby compared to SA.

• Love 1

Cody Rhodes has made somewhat contradictory comments about how many episodes (5 or 7) he was shooting for Arrow, but he did indicate that he was shooting 706...

-- Cody Rhodes is back on Arrow in S7 for a longer run as Derek Sampson. When asked whether he was still filming Arrow or whether he had wrapped up his episodes, Cody Rhodes replied: "No, I have two more episodes to go back and do after All In [on Sep. 1, 2018]. Which is nice because I was afraid I’d be running all the way up to All In. I don’t know if you’ve seen the trailer but I’m going from a villain of the week to being around a group of villains of the week. Being around guys like Vinnie Jones is such a great learning experience for me." (Aug. 24, 2018 ComicsBeat article, page 4 of Spoilers thread)
-- Cody Rhodes: "Arrow marches on, and we didn't necessarily get there with Stardust... But when we talked about this event, I obviously thought what a wonderful moment that would be, and at the same time, I was heading back to Arrow for five episodes now." (Aug. 26, 2018 ComicBook article, page 4 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Sep. 4, 2018, Cody Rhodes posted pic of himself with dark hair, with comment: "Back to brunette - back to Arrow." (americannightmarecody instagram post, page 4 of Spoilers thread)

If Oliver is indeed out of jail in 706, then remember when we speculated that the following tweet was about 706? ...

-- On Aug. 7, 2018, Arrow writer Benjamin Raab tweeted pic of DC action figures for Green Arrow and Black Canary (Hard-Traveling Heroes), with comment: "Teaming up in the Arrowcave to help write this episode. #ArrowSeason7." (Wondermasons tweet, page 1816 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo

I originally thought 3-5 episodes for the prison arc so I'm happy it's in that range. I'd started to worry it was longer and even 5 episodes is a bit of a mistake, IMO. I guess we'll see how they handle it.

I wonder if he gets out legally or we're having a prison break situation. Could go either way tbh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Ha, if it is wrong I'd rather it be something misheard rather than DR lying. If DR is going to start lying to fans, I think I'll start to lose faith in humanity XD.

He obviously lied about the baby thing. 

4 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

IDK. I don't think he lied about that. I think it's more likely it was a possibility that wasn't approved yet and he spoke about it too soon. And then of course it wasn't approved for whatever reason.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Didn't he later clarify and say it was in talks? Idk, I always took that one as he was under the impression they were doing it but then really it was all in talks, as in when he was teasing it he wasn't lying. 

• Love 2

I assume it was at least under discussion. Given the fact that the cast aren't even getting full scripts this season it could be happening, I could see them all lying through their teeth about it. Or it could have chaged/Been pushed back, tabled until they know if EBR is signed on for a potential S8 or not etc. It would be a really random thing to completely make up.

They also went back and forth a bit on if there was going to be a wedding or not and if it really was the double or before/after.

Since this is the hiatus of very few spoilers and mostly rather boring official previews IMHO, I guess it's even harder than usual to speculate with any accuracy.

28 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

and mostly rather boring official previews IMHO,

Lol, I thought Felicity with pink hair throwing coffee at an attacker and her whole fight back stuff from the literal last 2 official previews for the show were pretty exciting tbh.

• Love 6

I know they keep mentioning the radically redacted scripts but I keep coming back to the table read.  I'd understand them not knowing the big picture until right before they start shooting the episode but from the way the cast spoke at the cons, you'd think they STILL don't know what is happening in other storylines.  But how is that possible unless they've scrapped table reads?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

But how is that possible unless they've scrapped table reads?

I’m under the impression they don’t do table reads for every episode. Just the big episodes like the season premiere, finale, and maybe the crossovers? 

37 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I’m under the impression they don’t do table reads for every episode. Just the big episodes like the season premiere, finale, and maybe the crossovers? 

They've said in the past that every episode has a table read (like all other shows and most movies) - and all regular cast members must take part if they're in the episode. They can be in the LA or Van office. I think they can skype in as well.

Don't know how they'll handle the redacted stuff.

• Love 2

Is the redacted script thing and the actors not knowing the full details of an episode the new storytelling technique they’ve been talking about, or is it more likely to be something else?

I’m not entirely sure how it will go with the cast not knowing the full context of the story and how their scenes fit in. I wonder if it might lead to some tonal issues with scenes that don’t match up with each other.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kes0704 said:

’m not entirely sure how it will go with the cast not knowing the full context of the story and how their scenes fit in. I wonder if it might lead to some tonal issues with scenes that don’t match up with each other.

At that point, though, it's not necessarily only the writer's concern. The director, who would get the full script, has to direct the scene in a way to convey the correct tone (along with the editor who can also make a huge difference with tone).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, kes0704 said:

Is the redacted script thing and the actors not knowing the full details of an episode the new storytelling technique they’ve been talking about, or is it more likely to be something else?

Hmmm, maybe. The way they talked it sounded like it was more of a structure/storytelling technique, but now that I think about it I'm not sure if they ever confirmed it would be seen onscreen. 

I'm not sure if Cody being in 706 means Oliver won't be out of jail in 705. Maybe he gets out, but they still have to wrap up the storyline about what's going on with the inmates? Or maybe part of his deal is asking Watson to clean up the mess he left behind (he clearly does something terrible in jail, and DR says the theme of the season is Oliver's idea of redemption).  I'm very curious about the terms if his getting out -- is because of Watson, because Diaz is dead, or does he somehow score a full pardon?

6 hours ago, Trisha said:

I'm not sure if Cody being in 706 means Oliver won't be out of jail in 705. Maybe he gets out, but they still have to wrap up the storyline about what's going on with the inmates?

That's what I would guess, that he teams up with some of them (including CR) and whatever plot they have going on in there does affect his whole 7a plot. Either that or he actually gets out in 706. That being said, I wonder if that's why they hadn't shared the 706 title yet as well (I know it's more likely because Beth got busy with wedding stuff, but I love a good conspiracy), because it says something about it.

34 minutes ago, sadfangirl said:

I was thinking about the redacted scripts, it might not be for the actors, but for crew and others.

I've never heard of redacting for crew, since many members of the crew sometimes have to know the details depending on what scene they're filming. Usually, I would think NDAs take care of all of that, but I've got no idea what Beth's doing.

What was all that talk at SDCC that Oliver only has scenes with one team member for the first few episodes? LIES! Haha.

So Felicity gets attacked in 701 then. Hmm. Does it happen more than once? IDK. Now I'm all confused by the timeline. 

Also, the pic of Olicity touching the glass with their hands...GIMME IT. That's the kind of thing I want for my shipper heart, haha.

• Love 12