Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Instead of casting a woman to play Norrin Radd and call it diversity they should use Juno and, introduce her and HER origin story to the mass audience. If they are doing Shalla-Bal, they could maybe get away with it if they skip the Origin Story and, have her be reunited with Norrin Radd centuries later only for him to die (off screen/backstory) leaving her the Herald of Galactus. That could be an interesting storyline, especially if Fantastic Four's universe is destroyed and, they have to jump to the MCU where Norrin Radd is alive as the Herald of Galactus. IMO the biggest push back from comic fans is unnecessary changes to known characters. What Marvel should be doing is utilizing the already exisitng gay, minority, female characters and bringing them to the attention of the mass audience.
  3. Normally, I think the scripted pre-filmed SNL like bits are stupid and a waste of time, but I loved Rant-A-Car. I actually rewatched some parts to pause it and read it the text.
  4. 24 April “Motherboard Blues” New, Season 10, Episode (George Yannoulatos vs. David Gomez) From the show site: A cellphone repairman admits to accidentally breaking a customer's phone but claims he offered $300 worth of replacement parts to make it right. According to him, the plaintiff then tried to fix it himself, further damaging the phone. Does that absolve the repairman of liability? Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ulta 5G. Plaintiff suing defendant/cellphone repairman for replacement of plaintiff's phone. However, defendant admitted to accidentally breaking the phone, offered $300 worth of repairs. However, plaintiff demanded the parts to fix the phone himself, and it. Plaintiff claims the defendant broke the phone, and wanted the parts to fix it himself. So, defendant paid for the parts, and plaintiff wanted the phone parts, and defendant did that. Plaintiff says he didn't fix the phone, but only tightened a screw. Plaintiff kept going back to defendant's shop for parts over and over. Plaintiff wants a new phone for $1,500. Defendant says phone had been overcharged, because battery was swollen (it can also happen with aftermarket batteries that are counterfeits). Plaintiff says defendant's wireless charger made the battery swell up. Defendant says two screws on the back of the phone were broken or stripped, when defendant broke the sensor, he purchased $300 in parts for plaintiff, but plaintiff wanted the parts. Defendant claims plaintiff did the work himself. Plaintiff went to the phone repair shop four times in two weeks. Defendant says he offered to install the parts, but plaintiff only let him replace the motherboard. Defendant also recommended that plaintiff get a refurbished phone, much less than the $1500 replacement costs. Replacement phones are $300 to $800. Plaintiff gets $350, this was in addition to the $300 in parts defendant gave him. “The Gig Is Up” Rerun, Season 10, Episode 10 p. p. 42, 22 September 2023
  5. Mae was part of a group of Chinese 'orphans' brought to the UK for medical care and possible adoption. One of the nuns, Sister Hilda (?) had worked with them in China and supervised the transport, etc. Shelagh and Dr Turner helped take care of the kids and fell in love with Mae and took her into their home with the intent of adopting her. It was only after they'd taken her that it was discovered that her mother was still alive and wanted to be part of her life. That put the adoption plans on hold pending her bio mom's decision as to whether to allow it or not. Mom came to visit, saw how happy Mae was with the Turners and left her there, but it has been a sword hanging over them that her mother could decide she wants Mae to return to China to be with her. I did this all from memory, if anyone has additions or corrections, please jump in.
  6. You point out what I think is most relevant and you make it pretty easy to understand.
  7. bmoore4026

X-Men'97

I think I know why this episode was titled "Bright Eyes". Because calling it "Total Eclipse of the Heart" would be too on the nose. The bright and cheery Rogue is gone. All she wants now is vengeance. Throwing Captain America's shield a good what? 20 miles after his "hands are tied" comment was just a sample, but we were past the point of no return when In other news, my Emma Frost is alive! She can turn into diamond like in the comics even though the show is set in 1997 and that power of hers didn't manifest until 2001. Also, I was surprised to see Belladonna at Gambit's funeral after how badly their relationship ended in the second season. Seeing the makeshift memorial site for those who were killed actually got to me, especially that picture of Callisto and Leech. They looked so happy. And Beast's comment was also sad. The X-Men were fighting for tolerance when they should had been fighting more for acceptance. Scott and Jean seem to be on the mend, though I do question why Jean has her hair let down like Madelyne's was. Speaking of Jean, I keep thinking of something. Since episode 2, we keep seeing scenes of her from the original series of her as the Dark Phoenix. Is this foreshadowing something?
  8. Sam & Jay definitely breathed new life into the mansion! It's nice that she can talk to the ghosts too and is a great encouragement to them. Since the episode where we learned that Sass can enter people's dreams, I wonder if he could pull other ghosts into his shared dreams so that Jay could see them all. It probably doesn't work that way, but I think that would be nice for Jay. I chalk that up to either they haven't completely come to terms with something, or maybe they have some hesitancy about being sucked off. Hetty could be concerned that because she committed some crimes (as she said in this episode), that she might end up where Elias is, and we don't really know what things the other ghosts did in their past that they're worried about. For Hetty, I think that her revelation is just the beginning of her coming to terms with her life.
  9. roamyn

NFL Thread

Speaking of, Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman back! 👏👏 can't wait to see him in the Heisman House commercials. It ticks me off though, that he's getting the support never given to Justin Fields. Honestly I hope Caleb is just Trevor 2.0 and Justin does well in Pissburgh.
  10. I'd like to see him again. Maybe get a recurring role on another show, like NCIS.
  11. I guess he didn't want to scare her off by telling her about the gun on the first date?
  12. Maybe, but like I said in my post, I think Isaac and Nigel make sense, as does Hetty and Trevor, mostly because Hetty has experienced some kind of sexual awakening for sure, but I still cannot fathom why Thor and Flower need to be together, and I am glad they backed away from Pete and Alberta. And I totally agree that most of these ghosts have achieved some resolution to their life story since Sam and Jay have arrived - it doesn't fully make sense why none of them have been sucked off. I hope the show addresses that soon. If basement ghost gets sucked off from one kiss from Stephanie, why haven't Thor or Alberta, or Hetty, or Sass or Pete or Isaac who have all had major life issues revealed and resolved?
  13. They did go overboard with some of their rules. I don't remember if it was here or there I got a warning for not quoting something properly. With people not always watching in real time by the time I watch something there are pages of comments. I can only imagine what it was like for water cooler shows at TWOP. When I was there I didn't stray too far from the View forum. There were so many posters on TWOP I think I felt intimidated outside of the View.
  14. Well, it seems like romance is like that in the vaults. Look, if you are lucky enough to having working baby making parts, that's all the romance you need! lol
  15. Since Drake was still a minor, I wonder if she kept it from him to avoid the father fighting for full custody?
  16. I may have posted in Medium, Bates Motel, and The Americans. Deadwood, is one that I still need to watch. I’ve just realized that it’s been a decade since I started to watch Mad Men, and I didn’t finish. How has it been that long? Same with sons of anarchy, and Friday night lights (I finally had Netflix).
  17. I’m so sad that Blackthorne doesn’t actually return to England! I had just taken those scenes on face value, though I did notice the cross. 10/10 for the series, 8/10 for the finale. I missed Mariko, she is a wonderful, mesmerizing character and actress. i thought Cosmo Jarvis was great in the role. I read a lot about Tudor times and thought his was a very good portrayal of a man of the time. Lady Fuji. Glad those were cremains in the boxes - I had thought heads! I don’t know why, that’s pretty morbid. I’m glad she was able to move on from her tragedy in a way Lady Marilou never could. I’ll give the plot holes some grace in that Torunaga was obviously playing a very long game. He’s the craftiest man in Japan. Also a wonderful actor. I would also like to say - this series surprised me multiple times and held my interest. These days that is saying a lot. Recommending to everyone.
  18. Lily is Mamie's biological great-niece and Nate is her great-nephew and Devon is her great-nephew through adoption. Lily's mom, Dru and Nate's mom, Olivia were sisters and their mom and Mamie were sisters. Dru and Neil adopted Devon and that's how he came into the family.
  19. I found out about TWOP about four or five years before it closed. I only read posts there for quite awhile. When I finally got the courage to reply to someone there for the first time, I got a warning for using an ellipsis at the end of a sentence...😐
  20. I just snorted, because I was thinking the same thing about it being at fifteen pages, by the time you submit something. 😂 I used to settle in to read thirty pages, after each Lost episode. At that point, there was nothing more to say. Their rules felt like a lot of land mines.
  21. 2x2: Metamorphosis Welp, this certainly didn't age well. Initially, I was gonna praise the episode for being one of the few episodes where Kirk actually acts like a diplomat instead of shooting somebody. Bones' quote regarding him as a diplomat was memorable and almost sold me on the episode. But then the alien cloud possesses the body of that bitchy shrew who couldn't find love until she becomes a subservient man-pleaser for Cochrane to fuck (reminds me of Wonder Woman 1984 and Buffy, both of which had a woman possessing another person without consent and fucking someone else in their body). That might be a little crude, but Cochrane pretty much went "Ew alien" until the cloud transformed into the one human he had the hots for. Also, fuck that war, right? Who gives a shit about peace when satisfying your pent up sexual energy is more important. 2.5/5
  22. I'm still using the same name. I got into that site because there was a guy (I wish I could remember his name) who did hilarious re-caps for Bates Motel. I noticed that they had forums and I was lost forever.
  23. Ashley. Who are you fooling with that accent? The bartender looks like he was trying not to laugh at her. He must think she’s trying out an accent for her role as Blanche in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the Genoa City Players Community Theatre.
  24. First Look Images: Episode 1 - Victoria Bazúa, Eva Longoria and Carmen Maura. Episode 3 - Carmen Maura, Victoria Bazúa and Eva Longoria.
  25. If there are no female Centaurs then how do they get more Centaurs?
  1. Load more activity