Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Judge, Jury and Gina

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Well, this episode was boring AF.

Why did Vicki look so bloated and sweaty when she arrived at the girls' dinner? 

Gina hates Newport, didn't work for her.  Why?  And where does she live now?

Shannon, why are you telling your teenage daughters how many calories they are ingesting?  Bad.  Don't start that, please.  Good on you for starting a food line with QVC but your daughters clearly didn't care for the food.

Eddie put together a rocking chair for Tamra.  Yawn.  Is it just me or does Eddie look better nowadays? 

Emily . .  this is the first week I've remembered her name.  Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Kelly is still rehashing the Michael set up.  Yawn.  Oh, and while she has a new sex toy that she met in Aspen.  That she also RUDELY invites along on the girls' dinner.

This season, so far, definitely isn't as interesting as when Alexis, Gretchen, and Heather were housewives.  

rhetorical?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I guess I didn't view the scene that way.  They know their mom is struggling with weight and is trying to develop a product line for people like her that want low-calorie but tasty food (personally it looked like shit to me...).  To me that scene played much differently than when Yolanda was chastising Gigi for eating cake  during her graduation party (I think that's what it was).  Yolanda was overly concerned about Gigi's weight and overally concerned about her becoming a model.  I

Agreed. I didn't view the scene as Shannon schooling her daughters on calories. I saw it as infomercial practice for QVC to sell the product.  (You beat me to it @TV Diva Queen!) She definitely wasn't being a Yolanda! 

During dinner, Shannon's talking head said that she stays focused (paraphrasing here), eats healthy, doesn't drink and loses weight. Then she gets stressed, eats whatever and drinks and puts the weight back on.  I think there are a lot of women, myself included who can relate to that. 

I liked that Gina spoke her mind at dinner.  I usually fast forward through her and Emily's kid scenes, but I did catch the call that Gina made to her husband when she was at the zoo with the kids... the look on her face when she started to talk to him was real.  From what she was saying, it sounded like he shut her down immediately and was annoyed that she'd even called.  I felt for her... 

Someone (sorry I didn't quote!) said up thread about Emily and the expression on her face... I think she looks like she has a permanent sneer or has smelled something really bad.  Now I could understand that if that happened after she sat down at the same table with Vicki, but Emily has this expression all the time.  I really don't care for her as an addition to the cast. 

Vicki is ALWAYS going to be a lying liar who lies and scams and she will carry the ghost of Brooks and what they pulled on her narcissistic, self absorbed shoulders for as long as she lives.  She is a vile human being. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
Giving credit where credit due!
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Didn't she even say something like, "If you find yourself wanting to lose weight..."?  Just, no. 

Why is Shannon even on their case?  They look fine.  Is she going to make them like her with the crystals, air purifiers, Dr. Moon, colonics and all that quirky stuff?  Is she going to tell them about alcohol?

5 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

She wasn't on their case.  She was showing them her new product and asking their opinion.  They have a vested interest in her product selling well.  She didn't say a single critical thing to any of them.

Sorry, I thought I read Shannon was schooling the girls on calories.

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Sorry, I thought I read Shannon was schooling the girls on calories.

Did you actually watch?  She did say something like "Can you believe this only has 230 calories?" but it wasn't in a way that was telling the girls to count calories.  Then one of them asked if that was a lot and she explained that someone trying to lose weight would probably keep it around 1200-1400 a day.  She did say something about them probably knowing that later, but she never once told any of them that they needed to watch their calories, nor did she nag or insult or degrade any of them.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 24
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Neither were clicking for me UNTIL Gina told Vicki what's up.  This has bought her a little love from me.  Time will tell if it lasts.  Just keep her kids off the screen.  I finally realize who Emily really reminds me of, Alan Thicke's wife Tanya.  

This earned my loyalty. Anyone who can shut vicki the hell up while giving her the lay of the land is a-ok with me. I just hope she doesn’t backpedal.

39 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Agreed. I didn't view the scene as Shannon schooling her daughters on calories. I saw it as infomercial practice for QVC to sell the product.  (You beat me to it @TV Diva Queen!) She definitely wasn't being a Yolanda! 

During dinner, Shannon's talking head said that she stays focused (paraphrasing here), eats healthy, doesn't drink and loses weight. Then she gets stressed, eats whatever and drinks and puts the weight back on.  I think there are a lot of women, myself included who can relate to that. 

I liked that Gina spoke her mind at dinner.  I usually fast forward through her and Emily's kid scenes, but I did catch the call that Gina made to her husband when she was at the zoo with the kids... the look on her face when she started to talk to him was real.  From what she was saying, it sounded like he shut her down immediately and was annoyed that she'd even called.  I felt for her... 

Someone (sorry I didn't quote!) said up thread about Emily and the expression on her face... I think she looks like she has a permanent sneer or has smelled something really bad.  Now I could understand that if that happened after she sat down at the same table with Vicki, but Emily has this expression all the time.  I really don't care for her as an addition to the cast. 

Vicki is ALWAYS going to be a lying liar who lies and scams and she will carry the ghost of Brooks and what they pulled on her narcissistic, self absorbed shoulders for as long as she lives.  She is a vile human being. 

Brooks was and is a reprehensible excuse for a human being but vicki wasn’t a better person before or after him. She was still a manipulative lying narcissist. Good to see some things never change.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Did you actually watch?  She did say something like "Can you believe this only has 230 calories?" but it wasn't in a way that was telling the girls to count calories.  Then one of them asked if that was a lot and she explained that someone trying to lose weight would probably keep it around 1200-1400 a day.  She did say something about them probably knowing that later, but she never once told any of them that they needed to watch their calories, nor did she nag or insult or degrade any of them.

Yes, I did actually watch, along with typing.  Maybe I mixed it up with the post concerning Yolanda and her daughter up thread.  Twenty lashes for me.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, bagger said:

This earned my loyalty. Anyone who can shut vicki the hell up while giving her the lay of the land is a-ok with me. I just hope she doesn’t backpedal.

Brooks was and is a reprehensible excuse for a human being but vicki wasn’t a better person before or after him. She was still a manipulative lying narcissist. Good to see some things never change.

So very true... They actually deserved each other. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ladle said:

Also, why does Vicki walk like a pregnant person with a back brace? 

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

15 layers of spanx, that’s why.

I thought it was because she has a stick up her ass. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I thought it was because she has a stick up her ass. 

Because she wears everything a size too small to appearcmore petite. My feet always hurt after watching her walk anywhere.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, eclectcmoi said:

I caught that too.  I feel like she got Kelsey Grammer'd.   He probaby encouraged her to do the show so she had something of her own while he worked on divorcing her.  And in the TH's where the split was clearly new, she seemed so broken but trying not to cry.  I feel for her. 

• Love 19
27 minutes ago, bagger said:

You forgot hypocrite. 

22 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, I did actually watch, along with typing.  Maybe I mixed it up with the post concerning Yolanda and her daughter up thread.  Twenty lashes for me.

You're good, it isn't that deep.  In this instance, I believe that Shannon's daughters are aware that their mother is involved in hawking low-cal food for those trying to battle the bulge, so in that context, I don't think a statement about calories is out of line.  I wouldn't want her to preach too much to them about it, but as far as we know, she hasn't.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SCS said:

Not wrong -- it is beautiful and pricey (pretty much all the coastal areas are beautiful). The big prob is over-development, which is not limited to NB but also as you move inland through Newport towards Irvine, as well as north up to LA, where I am (fekkin' politicians and builders scratch each others' backs -- yes that is opinion as fact, LOL!). 

I visited So CA for the first time this summer and was shocked at the overdevelopment!  Having said that, however, I loved Newport and wouldn't turn my nose up at owning a home there.  If I could afford it.  Which I cannot.  

• Love 5

Wasn’t Shannon filmed grousing at David last season while preparing a 300-calorie entrée for everyone in the family? If she’s serving dishes with restricted caloric values to her daughters based upon her own dietary regimen while actively trying to shed fifty pounds, I don’t think interpretations that situate the scene this episode as problematic as necessarily inaccurate. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jalady said:

It depends on the state.  Some states you can take a lawyers' professional exam and some you have to take the same Bar exam as newly graduated law students.  If I recall correctly (and it's been YEARS since I've thought about it because my exam days - whether bar or professional lawyer's exam - are way behind me, LOL) the more "attractive" the state (FL, CA) the more likely you had to take the actual Bar exam.

I had a friend move from Georgia to California a few years ago. She had to take the Ethics portion of the California Bar and another part (I don't remember what it was), but she didn't have to take the full Bar like she would have if she had just graduated or hadn't been licensed in Georgia for any length of time.  

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I caught that too.  I feel like she got Kelsey Grammer'd.   He probaby encouraged her to do the show so she had something of her own while he worked on divorcing her.  And in the TH's where the split was clearly new, she seemed so broken but trying not to cry.  I feel for her. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Poor lady. Moved to California then dumped.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

So are we gonna spend the entire season witnessing Vicki continue to be dense and pretend that she doesn't see anything wrong with the shady shit she does? Don't give an apology if you can't understand what you're apologizing for.

I hope Shannon does well with her weight loss journey. I do like her approach of not sacrificing flavour in order to be healthy but the hardest part is sometimes getting yourself to truly understand mentally that by making moderate and smart changes may not see the weight fly off, but it's a steady pace that'll make it easier to keep that weight off. 

Tamara seems like such an expert drinker that I'm actually floored that she doesn't know what an old fashion is. It's a pretty classic drink. 

Gina seems like the stereotypical New Yorker who has an unfiltered approach to how she communicates and I honestly love it. She seems like the kind of girl that I would love going out with, haha. I love that she didn't feel like she shouldn't say something because she's new to the group and doesn't know the back story. There's only so much back story that you need to know about a friend who hooks up someone with her friend's ex husband while never disclosing that to the ex-wife. Vicki still doesn't get that Kelly isn't conflicted about her ex moving on with someone else. She's upset that a friend doesn't do shit like that behind your back and intentionally keep the information from you. 

Kelly, inviting your new beau to a girl's dinner and then making out in front of everyone is pretty disgusting. Nobody wants to see you get horny while they're heating their dinner. 

I agree.....I only got to see a portion of the show here and there, so I will rewatch.   I thought that Kelly's actions with the new beau pretty much desensitized  her argument with Vicki.     Vicki was 100% wrong (no news there) but Kelly's behavior was disgusting for its location, length of time knowing this guy perhaps, and not suitable at the first meeting with "The girls" or in a public place......IMO  That was not a good way to show him off and convince everyone she is getting on with her life.  Sadly, I think that is just her style and she will never change

• Love 4
12 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I think Kelly dragged her Christopher Loyd-looking 'date' to the dinner, and proceeded to make out with him so publicly, to ensure it got shown on tv, to irritate her ex. That way, they couldn't edit it out. She wanted that to be seen by everyone, and lord was it ever.

Surely you are correct in your assessment!   And Christopher  Lloyd - thank you.  I was wracking my brain trying to remember who he reminded me of in the short time we saw his whole face  LOL  Do you think SHE hired him for the show?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Wasn’t Shannon filmed grousing at David last season while preparing a 300-calorie entrée for everyone in the family? If she’s serving dishes with restricted caloric values to her daughters based upon her own dietary regimen while actively trying to shed fifty pounds, I don’t think interpretations that situate the scene this episode as problematic as necessarily inaccurate. 

That's well and good, but she definitely was not "on their case".

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Should Be Working said:

Crooks' drama? It was a hell of a lot more than your dismissive reference would suggest. Vicki and Brooks knowingly and diligently conspired and spent the entire season committing and perpetuating a despicable fraud about his having advanced stage non-Hodgkins lymphoma (which actually strikes about 75,000 and kills about 20,000 Americans each year). Both to engender sympathy from the cast and the TV audience and promote and profit from their fake cancer treatments. Recall all the times Vicki vehemently tore into cast members who questioned her role in the scam, even as the evidence of the lies and fraud mounted? How the producers protected her and preserved her place on the show despite the cast member and viewer outrage? How they meticulously engineered her subsequent resurrection and compelled Shannon and Tamra to forgive and forget all as if it never happened?

Several years later, ol' Brooks is alive and well (unlike many tens of thousands of the real victims) and is no doubt busy scamming his newly-deluded wife for all she's worth. Vicki, looking much worse for wear, has retained her position on the show and continues to regale us with her raging malignant narcissism at every turn. Both conspirators, sad to say, are doing fine.

"Crooks' drama" my ass.

Hell yes to everything you said. It was disgusting, still is disgusting and I am sorry that I can't get over it. 

• Love 12

So many thoughts about this episode....

What is wrong with Vikki's face? Her skin looked so puffy and tight at the same time. How is that possible? When she and Tamra were at the orthopedic surgeon's office, the lighting was NOT good. They both looked old.

Speaking of doctors...orthopedic doctor was HOT. Kelly's doctor was NOT...he looked greasy and slimy.

Kelly is like the Carole of RHONYC in reverse. I didn't mind Carole the first couple seasons, but now I absolutely hate her. I hated Kelly the first couple seasons, and now I just love her! She is a complete and utter hot MESS and cracks me up. Yes, her making out with the doctor at the table after crying about Michael's date was absolutely bats**t cray cray. But that's what makes her one of my favorite characters to watch now. Love how she called out Vikki at dinner to get a consensus on everyone's opinion about happened. Vikki didn't expect that which made me enjoy that scene even more. LOL

I love Shannon, but she should never ever, EVER obsess about food and calories like that in front of her daughters. Bad, bad parenting move there.

Tamra either looks pretty or very old depending on lighting/angle/makeup. She's like the woman in the Seinfeld episode where Seinfeld's date's attractiveness kept changing depending on the lighting and setting. With that being said, I would kill for her body. Her body is amazing!

I like Gina and think she will be an interesting addition to the cast. I like the lawyer (forgot her name), but I don't think she's crazy enough to be on this show. She just seems too normal, and I'm a little bored when she's on. Between the both of them, there are too many small children on my screen though. I don't want to hear screaming kids when I watch the Housewives show. This show is my escape, not to be a reminder of my life as a mom!

Now, we need to amp up the drama!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pinky33 said:

So many thoughts about this episode....

What is wrong with Vikki's face? Her skin looked so puffy and tight at the same time. How is that possible? When she and Tamra were at the orthopedic surgeon's office, the lighting was NOT good. They both looked old.

In an interview posted over on the Bravo site 2 or 3 weeks back, Vix said she'd gone overboard on fillers - that whatever she was getting had tiny granules and it got bumpy. I've never had fillers so this surprised me -- I figured it was a clear serum-like product.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

From what I saw, the teen review wasn't good, lol.

Yeah and I'm not the least bit surprised, lol. I did think it was sweet that even though the girls didn't seem to like the food all that much, they still seemed encouraging of their mother. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

If we're thinking about the same scene, it's the one where she got annoyed when he asked her if she needed help with dinner and then got even more annoyed when he said the quinoa tasted fine. If that's the scene you were talking about - I don't recall if she mentioned the calorie total of the meal but she was prepping salad with an olive oil dressing and she was making a quinoa bowl which is a play on a naked burrito bowl. Quinoa is healthier than other base alternatives such as rice and pasta but it's caloric intake isn't all that different. A cup of quinoa, with a protein, with some veggies and any kind of dressing would definitely exceed 300 calories. 

I don't think anyone can say for certain that Shannon's vocal nature about her weight loss journey won't leave an negative impression on either one of her girls and their relationship with food, but I personally haven't seen anything malicious or any red flags to suggest, intentional or not, that Shannon is leaving dangerous crumbs for her daughters to follow in her footsteps and I really do hope that I'm right about that because as pointed out by others here, developing severe insecurities which lead to eating disorders and body dysmorphia is no joke and a challenging battle for anyone who experiences it. 

• Love 4

I am more and more indifferent to this franchise.  Vicki declaring herself the sandbox mayor and she gets to decide who plays there?  No.  She is a complete idiot and if Bravo keeps employing her, that is completely their choice.  My choice is OC will go the way of Atlanta and New Jersey.  Not going to watch it.

Shannon and her food line?  I wish her very well.  Salmon with cream cheese?  Please, no.  I don't think fish go well with cheese (and I know cream cheese is more cream than cheese) but I also need to think about salmon and cream.  Hmmm.  I don't think salmon even goes with hollandaise let alone cream.  I am intrigued enough to perhaps buying a meal.

I am very much feeling for Eddie.  Getting my heart rate up is my stress relief via swimming, biking and running.  He said he may take more meds to keep his heart rate down so I'm hoping he finds new outlets.  Yoga, perhaps?  Tai Chi?  I don't do either but I feel for him.Tamra's accident was an accident but she needs to start thinking.  For real.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

Gina’s marriage sounds like it was always in trouble.  They leave Long Island where she has family because a 1 1/2 hr commute to/from LI was taking too much quality time away, so they move to Newport where he eventually works and lives elsewhere.  Sounds to me like he accepted a job in CA and never expected/didn’t want her to go.  

Many years ago my husband was transferred to another city just when my two sons had entered school in September and I was four months pregnant with my third child. I stayed with the kids while he was getting set up in the other city and looking for a house for us. I was basically a single mom as he only came home every other weekend. I had to take care of the kids and go through the entire pregnancy without him. I also had to deal with selling our house and dealing with the realtor. It was awful...after the baby was born, my boys both got chicken pox to top everything off. My husband missed that fun time too...I have to say, it was really exhausting and lonely. If I didn't have to do it I wouldn't...Gina could move and be with her husband...her kids are little, they would adjust quickly. They need their Dad in their life and they need to be with him on a daily basis. And she needs his support and love too. There is no reason in the world for her not to move... I don't get it.

1 hour ago, SCS said:

In an interview posted over on the Bravo site 2 or 3 weeks back, Vix said she'd gone overboard on fillers - that whatever she was getting had tiny granules and it got bumpy. I've never had fillers so this surprised me -- I figured it was a clear serum-like product.

All of these over 40 women ned to lay off of the cosmetic procedures...Vicki looks like a puff pastry and Shannon is starting to look like a statue in a wax museum. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, kicksave said:

They need their Dad in their life and they need to be with him on a daily basis. And she needs his support and love too. There is no reason in the world for her not to move... I don't get it.

She did move and then he moved away from them. He clearly doesn’t want to be around them full time. 

• Love 7

Well, to me the problem with Vicks is that she should have informed Kelly from the start that she and Steve invited Michael to a barbecue.  You give a heads up.  That's girl code.  Especially since Kelly was basically your only friend last season.  Vicks owed her that.  It doesn't matter that Kelly stated that she hopes Michael finds someone.  You give a heads up.  Of course Vicks doesn't get that.

Vicks defense of Michael and this woman asking her not to tell Kelly doesn't hold because she ignored the first priority in the chain.

Ok.  I'm going to go to the other side of the pool and say I wasn't all that impressed with Newport the one time I was there.  I thought it was extremely overcrowded.  It wasn't on my top list of places I would want to live....  There's a whole lot of places on Long Island that are much more desirable to me. 

Gina does have a bit of a Long Island accent.  I've heard worse.  Starting with her mother.  I've known others that don't have it at all.  It's like New Jersey.  Not everyone in NJ speaks like Tre.  Far from it.  It is mostly a north New Jersey thing in most situations.  Ok.  It's like not everyone in CA talks  like a valley girl.  Just sayin.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, albarino said:

I am more and more indifferent to this franchise.  Vicki declaring herself the sandbox mayor and she gets to decide who plays there?  No.  She is a complete idiot and if Bravo keeps employing her, that is completely their choice.  My choice is OC will go the way of Atlanta and New Jersey.  Not going to watch it.

Shannon and her food line?  I wish her very well.  Salmon with cream cheese?  Please, no.  I don't think fish go well with cheese (and I know cream cheese is more cream than cheese) but I also need to think about salmon and cream.  Hmmm.  I don't think salmon even goes with hollandaise let alone cream.  I am intrigued enough to perhaps buying a meal.

I am very much feeling for Eddie.  Getting my heart rate up is my stress relief via swimming, biking and running.  He said he may take more meds to keep his heart rate down so I'm hoping he finds new outlets.  Yoga, perhaps?  Tai Chi?  I don't do either but I feel for him.Tamra's accident was an accident but she needs to start thinking.  For real.

I don't eat salmon due to a bad experience many years ago, but the combo didn't strike me as odd.  It seems like people eat salmon and cream cheese together all the time.  Three examples I can think of as a non salmon eater are lox and bagels, salmon  tea sandwiches, and Philly rolls.  Maybe it's different when the salmon is cooked instead of smoked or raw though.

• Love 5

suppose I should be worried because even though her THs were oddly edited particularly the one about not drinking I completely understood what Shannon meant both about losing weight and law school.

It seemed that she didn’t actually want to be in law school but wouldn’t quit as long as someone was telling her to quit but once they broke up and he was no longer telling her to quit she could do it because it was what she actually wanted to do.

The TH about the not drinking started with her saying that she knows this is how you lose weight and then cut to her doing the opposite of all those things and then returned to her TH saying but once she slips/cheats about one thing it gives her permission to slip/cheat on all the other rules. Basically what it always is that it’s not that she doesn’t know the steps one needs to take it’s that she doesn’t have the willpower to sustain it.

• Love 5
On 8/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, Kiki777 said:
On 8/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, Mu Shu said:

Emily looks like a very dumb and uncomfortable cow , which is no comment on her figure which is great.    

I like her figure too.  She's not OC-skinny but kinda statuesque.  Other than that though I don't see anything interesting about her.  Boring kids, boring husband and filler up the wazoo.  Omg and her mom-in-law has a scary face.  She looks like that Wildenstein lady who got so much plastic surgery she looks like a cat.

EMILY: Lipstick is NOT your friend! Try a nude.

At the gym, my eyeballs got sprained fixating between Emily's lips and her mother-in-law's face. I kept thinking, did i see that right?! Is she the Persian Cat Lady (there's a great sobriquet in their somewhere, but I don't expect we'll be getting to know Emily for more than this season). And Emily's husband is so ...not hot. I can totally see how these 2 ended up married they way they said they got there: he was her boss and they were great friends and one day he said 'why don't we get married'. Nothing wrong with it, they obviously have the same aspirations: kids, family and it appears to be win win. She said she works 3 days a week, I think? Big burn that the gym was not Cut Fitness though.

I'm already twitching to fast forward through Gina's scenes, but the 'Eileen Davidson Accord' (TM Brian Moylan) states that we must give a new ho 5 episodes before we pass judgement. And I agree with many others above: wtf Bravo? Our hos are supposed to be housewives (married) with an enviable lifestyle. Why are we getting Candiace and Robyn on Potomac and now Gina here? This franchise (and BH) has been pretty faithful to the original mission statement. Let's keep it that way. Gina's already showing signs of marital unrest with the phonecall at the zoo and the look on her face when she was talking about the disappointment she experienced moving from NY to OC. Her husband has sold her a bill of goods for some reason. Looks like he's stuck wifey in the family zone, out in the OC so he can access the carnal delights of LA from his apartment without feeling too guilty.

And way too many little kids. I don't want to relive cardrives and outings with toddlers. Bad enough suffering through Vicki and her crewcut grandkids. Teenagers and adult children are bearable, but Bravo, your demographic is women my age and a lot of us are here trying to FORGET still. Or we're here to escape. 

I'm pulling for Shannon. She's a kook but I think she is a warm person. I really hope she gets picked up by QVC and makes Rinna Stacks. I hope she starts reliving her rock chick youth and enjoying life again. David was a nasty piece of slime. I cannot hate on a woman who wants to get Naked Wasted in a hottub even though she hates the sight of her own body, so climbs in there with her spanks on, let's her equally wasted broken foot friend pull the spanks off and next she's clutching her poochy belly and CLAIMING it to Vicki Gunvalson. That was so liberating. And if Jeff Lewis likes her, she's got to be alright.

• Love 18
21 hours ago, jaybird2 said:
On 8/7/2018 at 1:56 PM, bichonblitz said:

Meanwhile, she ordered a Grey Goose with soda and "fresh" lime juice. 

i snickered about that and the slice pizza she ate.  don't know how this scene will go over with qvc.

I caught all this too, but Shannon is saying that she is on a diet and then it all goes out the window. they showed her ordering the drink and asking for the pizza as she said this. Therefore, I think QVC should see it as weight loss realness: it's a struggle and Shannon's body the last few years is testimony. She needs to own this and use it in her QVC presentations because it makes her more relatable. For example, when I see early clips of skinny Shannon, I keep thinking it's Camille Grammar. Who would you rather buy weight loss food from - Camille or Shannon? I think I'd be buying from Shannon. She's looking much healthier now too. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

I caught all this too, but Shannon is saying that she is on a diet and then it all goes out the window. they showed her ordering the drink and asking for the pizza as she said this. Therefore, I think QVC should see it as weight loss realness: it's a struggle and Shannon's body the last few years is testimony. She needs to own this and use it in her QVC presentations because it makes her more relatable. For example, when I see early clips of skinny Shannon, I keep thinking it's Camille Grammar. Who would you rather buy weight loss food from - Camille or Shannon? I think I'd be buying from Shannon. She's looking much healthier now too. 

i truly hope so!!  i've always liked shannon (don't like her screeching) and want her to love herself and succeed.

• Love 5
On 8/6/2018 at 10:52 PM, Kiki777 said:

I like her figure too.  She's not OC-skinny but kinda statuesque.  Other than that though I don't see anything interesting about her.  Boring kids, boring husband and filler up the wazoo.  Omg and her mom-in-law has a scary face.  She looks like that Wildenstein lady who got so much plastic surgery she looks like a cat.

speaking of messed-up faces, Wtf happened to Vicki's? In that lunch scene with Kelly, the sun hit her in such a way that I could see these weird horizontal creases in her face.  It wasn't like regular wrinkles but maybe her fillers went bad or collapsed or something?

Yay Archie!  I agree, cream cheese stuffed salmon sounds yummy.  I would make it fresh though, having it in a precooked frozen meal sounds like a big no.

whats with that s****** Macarena dance?  

The 3 of them ('amigas') are trying to replicate the dance from the 1990's movie, "Three Amigos"  starring Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Chevy Chase.

Of course Steve, Marty, & Chevy were much funnier when they did it. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
On 8/7/2018 at 2:59 AM, Sunnykm said:

It flew by for me because I fast forwarded thru the trip to the zoo, the ride in the car with the kids and the workout session.

Boring

That's funny because I fast forwarded thru the exact same scenes ! Taking the kids to the zoo???!! Come on, how boring family scene cliche' can you get??!

It almost made me miss the uncharming family of Brianna, Ryan, and their two brats. 

Well, not quite that much. 

• Love 3

Must comment on Vicki's appearance in the one-on-one sit down with Kelly :

the trying to be contemporary soft wave hairdo, which looked like a humidity spiked hot mess,

the pale trying to be teen age lipstick

and the black band around her neck...why was she trying to choke herself? What the hell was that thing ?

All made her look bloated, thick, and in pain.

Just no. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, kicksave said:

There is no reason in the world for her not to move

There's a big reason.  They're in divorce procedings as we speak.  Filed in April 2018, announced in July.  Granted, they probably weren't when the episodes we've seen were filmed, but it had to be on the horizon.

9 hours ago, kicksave said:

Many years ago my husband was transferred to another city just when my two sons had entered school in September and I was four months pregnant with my third child. I stayed with the kids while he was getting set up in the other city and looking for a house for us. I was basically a single mom as he only came home every other weekend. I had to take care of the kids and go through the entire pregnancy without him. I also had to deal with selling our house and dealing with the realtor. It was awful...after the baby was born, my boys both got chicken pox to top everything off. My husband missed that fun time too...I have to say, it was really exhausting and lonely. If I didn't have to do it I wouldn't...Gina could move and be with her husband...her kids are little, they would adjust quickly. They need their Dad in their life and they need to be with him on a daily basis. And she needs his support and love too. There is no reason in the world for her not to move... I don't get it.

All of these over 40 women ned to lay off of the cosmetic procedures...Vicki looks like a puff pastry and Shannon is starting to look like a statue in a wax museum. 

I seem to recall VG saying on WWHL recently, that Tamra convinced her to have the "filler removed", and that this would be her last facelift.  I know nothing about these fillers, but I'm surprised they're removable.  The risks these folks take in the name of vanity is baffling to me.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Cranky One said:

I don't know if it means anything on Emily's end, but I've been married 28 years and neither my husband or I wear a wedding ring!

Gina's voice reminds me of Marianne from Brooklyn (someone who always calls into the Howard Stern show). I kept waiting for the crows cawing soundbite they always play when she calls in.

Vicki is so annoying. You know Tamera's doctor was rolling his eyes in his head. She needs to go.

I remember Maryann from Brooklyn and miss Howard stern so much! I never followed him to satellite. 

Vickie always tries so hard to be funny. Extra loud, laughing, telling everyone she meets “welcome to my world!” Ugh. She is so full of herself. She’s not charming or cute or unique. We are not dazzled by her. The doctor behaved the way we all feel. Not enjoying her antics. Maybe a little laugh to not embarrass her. She’s truly awful  

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I will pay you five bucks per hour and provide coffee if you will come to my house and talk.  I absolutely love the Long Island accent. 

Omg! You’re hilarious! That’s crazy tawk! 

I’m mainly from Long Island and occasionally hear myself and cringe. 

• Love 3

This ridiculous three amigas thing. The bracelets. The stupid dance move. And nothing for the only other non-newb, Kelly.  How is (overly reactive) Kelly not going to feel left out by that?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There's a big reason.  They're in divorce procedings as we speak.  Filed in April 2018, announced in July.  Granted, they probably weren't when the episodes we've seen were filmed, but it had to be on the horizon.

I seem to recall VG saying on WWHL recently, that Tamra convinced her to have the "filler removed", and that this would be her last facelift.  I know nothing about these fillers, but I'm surprised they're removable.  The risks these folks take in the name of vanity is baffling to me.  

Fillers really aren’t dangerous, and are eventually completely absorbed.  It’s silicone that’s stupid to use.

Ick’s problem is that she’s trying to change her face, not enhance it.  She’s succeeding in turning herself into the Mr Potato head version of Dee Snyder. 

Speaking of Mr Potato Head, that’s what Emily’s lips look like.  Like she snapped on some matte plastic lips, and did it crooked. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The TH about the not drinking started with her saying that she knows this is how you lose weight and then cut to her doing the opposite of all those things and then returned to her TH saying but once she slips/cheats about one thing it gives her permission to slip/cheat on all the other rules. Basically what it always is that it’s not that she doesn’t know the steps one needs to take it’s that she doesn’t have the willpower to sustain it.

I think Shannon's problem is that she's trying a method of weight loss that doesn't make sense for her lifestyle and her interests in food. Many people lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle without having to exclude any kind of food group from their diet. Hell, before Shannon started stress eating, she also maintained a seemingly healthy weight without the crash diets we're seeing her do now. Unlike a Tamra who I get the impression doesn't really have a genuine love for food (hence her ability to prioritize her fitness and health above eating food with any kind of flavour), Shannon does enjoy food so to me, a reasonable answer to her weight issues isn't to eliminate, but rather to moderate with portion control on all foods that she eats. It seems simple enough...and it is except that that process doesn't give you quick results like what Shannon is looking for, but it will likely give her lasting results that she would prefer. She's going too extreme with her attempt and so for each moment of weakness causes a chain reaction of guilt for eating a piece of bread, then anger and frustration because it seems so unfair and then you temporarily suspend any kind of care and think that you've already messed up your good day of eating so you might as well enjoy eating what you want and you can start fresh tomorrow. It's a mentality that MANY people experience. Her willpower would be far more sustainable if she didn't look at a piece of bread as the enemy.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Her willpower would be far more sustainable if she didn't look at a piece of bread as the enemy.

I don’t disagree but was only pointing out that people called her out for saying she didn’t drink when the second part of the same TH cleared that up and asking for “fresh” lime juice isn’t wrong because many bars will put in a splash of bottled lime juice if you don’t specify.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I think Shannon's problem is that she's trying a method of weight loss that doesn't make sense for her lifestyle and her interests in food. Many people lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle without having to exclude any kind of food group from their diet. Hell, before Shannon started stress eating, she also maintained a seemingly healthy weight without the crash diets we're seeing her do now. Unlike a Tamra who I get the impression doesn't really have a genuine love for food (hence her ability to prioritize her fitness and health above eating food with any kind of flavour), Shannon does enjoy food so to me, a reasonable answer to her weight issues isn't to eliminate, but rather to moderate with portion control on all foods that she eats. It seems simple enough...and it is except that that process doesn't give you quick results like what Shannon is looking for, but it will likely give her lasting results that she would prefer. She's going too extreme with her attempt and so for each moment of weakness causes a chain reaction of guilt for eating a piece of bread, then anger and frustration because it seems so unfair and then you temporarily suspend any kind of care and think that you've already messed up your good day of eating so you might as well enjoy eating what you want and you can start fresh tomorrow. It's a mentality that MANY people experience. Her willpower would be far more sustainable if she didn't look at a piece of bread as the enemy.

Totally agree.

I have several friends who jump on any fad diet they can find to lose weight.  And they do but it is never sustainable when you cut out major food groups for the quick fix.  I have another good friend who lost weight through Weight Watchers and just learned how to balance her meals and portion control.  The weight has remained off.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Totally agree.

I have several friends who jump on any fad diet they can find to lose weight.  And they do but it is never sustainable when you cut out major food groups for the quick fix.  I have another good friend who lost weight through Weight Watchers and just learned how to balance her meals and portion control.  The weight has remained off.

Weight watchers works.  I don’t know how, but it does.  I’m not deprived, but I did dump most processed foods and most bread.  I don’t miss it really.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

That's funny because I fast forwarded thru the exact same scenes ! Taking the kids to the zoo???!! Come on, how boring family scene cliche' can you get??!

It almost made me miss the uncharming family of Brianna, Ryan, and their two brats. 

Well, not quite that much. 

What was interesting in that scene was not the kids in the zoo, but the phone call she had with his -not at this time yet- soon-to-be-ex husdand.... ;)

Edited by Diane Mars
Because "her" and "his" are not the same, lol !
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Totally agree.

I think Weight Watchers has a great overall method that, as you point out, stresses portion control and moderation in everything you eat, however, I know people who also gained their weight back after doing the program, which to me, only strengthens my hypothesis that if people don't go in with a healthy mindset of the program being a lifestyle change, they won't get the full benefits of the program. The people I know followed the program religiously and saw the results but they didn't take the program seriously in terms of what it was teaching them. By the time they lost most of their weight, they began being careless with what and when they ate and how much they ate, essentially reintroducing every bad habit that had caused their weight gain to begin with. I did hear that Shannon has been able to successfully keep weight off this time around. I wonder what's been the difference this time.

• Love 2