Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Darcey please please please make Jesse a wonderful chocolate pie using Minnie's recipe and offer him 2 slices !

Ah, thank you for this excellent movie reference. I could see Darcey hissing and spitting while she gathered the "special ingredient" . Then after he ate his two slices, she would curl up in a ball, sobbing and begging him not to leave.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I wonder if Target and Hazel even know about each other's kids at this point in the story?  I thought they were saying he had only talked with her for like 2 weeks (?) before journeying to meet his soul mate.

I've been wondering this myself. I would not be in the least surprised if neither knows about the existence of the other's child.

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, very.

Her reasoning for wanting a baby is beyond stupid,"Put a baby in me now Pole so I will know you will honor your commitment"...yeah, men never knock up some girl then split.  If Pole can't afford to move out of Mama's house how can he afford a wife or a kid?  Karine is a child herself, face in her phone 24/7, eye rolls, sleeps till noon, does not lift a finger around the house, it's another case of full on love when you have never experienced the day to day stuff.

I am impressed that Pole has learned a little of her language, a language that the baby will learn.

Karine does not want a baby. She's already knocked up, so she has to convince Pole to marry, quickly, and "get pregnant". Her window to be able to trick him into believing the baby is his is shrinking, quickly.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I find it interesting that Paul hugs Kreeny so awkwardly and then clap, clap, claps her on the back the way one would pet a horse. 

Omg, yes! This irks me so much. When you're holding somebody close you don't usually do the tap tap thing unless you're trying to burp them or get them to let go. What is that about?

Friggin Jesse "God's own personal asshat to man" is one of the most annoying and self righteous blowhards I've ever seen on my tee-vee or life! His words are SO important he simply cannot be interrupted. He must speak and be heard or the world will fall off its axis. I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with somebody like that.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Ah, thank you for this excellent movie reference. I could see Darcey hissing and spitting while she gathered the "special ingredient" . Then after he ate his two slices, she would curl up in a ball, sobbing and begging him not to leave.

So funny!  So true!

3 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Omg, yes! This irks me so much. When you're holding somebody close you don't usually do the tap tap thing unless you're trying to burp them or get them to let go. What is that about?

Friggin Jesse "God's own personal asshat to man" is one of the most annoying and self righteous blowhards I've ever seen on my tee-vee or life! His words are SO important he simply cannot be interrupted. He must speak and be heard or the world will fall off its axis. I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with somebody like that.

Can't stop laughing at this!  Perfection!  He is an asshole extraordinaire!

Ricky - you idiot. She's not into you - she's into your bitcoin wallet. Give it up! Ricky listen.. this is your brain... this is your brain on colombian vagina... any questions? 

Tarik's brother: Tarik you telling me you sat through six hours of crazy batshit insane church crap and you didn't leave?

Tarik: ... what can I say - Vagina is a helluva drug!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Me, too.

And somebody opined that Darcey might be the kind of person who mutters interrupting comments, and I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with somebody like that. 

So apparently I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with somebody like either Jesse or Darcey.  No big shock there, but I like having done the math to support it.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:50 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And those beautiful Nigerian dresses are probably cool, breathable 100% cotton. Much more comfortable than the polyester blends she's sporting.

But polyester blends can be quite breathable when they're sliced into shreds.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I felt bad for that tied-up rooster and the dog on a 2 foot chain. I'd want to set them free.

Me too! Someone’s always around me chopping onions when it comes to animals and children.

• Love 8

Fun week!

Tarik and Hazel:  She is so not into you, guy.  I'm not saying that a King Tut shirt isn't super styling (yes I am), but maybe take off the plaid Charlie Brown hat every now and again.  She's kind of puzzling.  She had a child young, out of wedlock, with religiously zealot parents.  It really doesn't make too much sense.  Maybe she's playing up this angle to scare him away?  She kept asking if they were SURE that they didn't have an issue with his lack of religious beliefs.

Jesse and Darcy:  What a bunch of children.  There is seriously no hope for these two.  Jesse acts like he REALLY dislikes everything about Darcy - her voice, her cultural levels.  Her relationship with her twin suuuuuucks, Stacy obviously wants a piece of obnoxious Dutch apple pie.  I take umbrage at him sneering at folding of the pizza  You're in NYC, dick.  That's how eat pizza there, captain etiquette.  Ass.

Grangela and Michael.  Good God.  I agree, it's a cultural thing about calling her fat, God knows that there is definitely less of a stigma against calling someone fat in other countries.  Nothing can hide the level of disappointment he exhibits every time that he looks at her.  He almost visibly shudders at her touch, it's uncomfortable to watch.  She's going to give him his (snicker) engagement ring, leave and never hear from him again.  Too bad he had to prostitute himself for a 200 dollar pawned ring and some wack-ass Trump regalia.  She needs to do something with that hair, she looked like Dog the goddamned bounty hunter.

Pol and Kriny (or Cringey, as I call her in my head): What's with the stuffed animals, man?  It looked like a 4 year old was living with them.  Kriniy is old enough to wash dishes and do laundry, and although we know how it's going to end, a baby is certainly not a good idea.   She'll treat him or her like a stuffed animal that's entertaining for exactly 3 seconds.  Pol's mom is right.  Who'da thunk that I'd agree with that crazy, hair-snipping dame?

Ricky is sad.  Luckily he's meeting up with his back-up Colombiana.  It would be a terrible thing to waste a trip to Colombia and a perfectly good engagement ring.  I hope he stopped whatever automated payments he's been making to Melissa.  I can't help but kind of like him, even though he is clueless, shallow, and not super bright.  

• Love 8
On 8/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, EllaDisco said:

Rachel and Jon seem too normal for this show.  I almost get the feeling that a lot of their "discussions" are producer-driven to give them some kind of controversy.

That was sarcasm, wasn't it?  lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, Mindthinkr said:

And her industrial bra showing. 

On 8/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, Mindthinkr said:

And her industrial bra showing. 

More like the business end of a trebuchet

trebuchet.jpg

• Love 4

Am I the only one who thinks that the "fat" thing is only part of why Angela didn't want to try on a dress and it had more to do with her simply not liking them? I mean, her aesthetic is FOR SURE not my aesthetic, but she seems to be pretty sure of her own style, for better or for worse. I also hate when people try to tell women what they need to wear. 

I'm also fat, and I will say it took me a lot of years to realize that looser clothing often makes you look bigger. Now, Angela of course takes the form-fitting to an extreme, but perhaps she thinks a big dress with bold fabric is too much of an extreme in the other direction. I also have to say if I were the only white woman for miles, I would be HELLA intimidated/embarrassed to try on local dress in that situation, even if I really liked the stuff.

I can't believe I'm actually defending someone on this show.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

Me, too.

And somebody opined that Darcey might be the kind of person who mutters interrupting comments, and I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with somebody like that. 

So apparently I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with somebody like either Jesse or Darcey.  No big shock there, but I like having done the math to support it.

Bwah ha ha . . . you have the receipts (as the kids say these days).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Thank you for this.  I thought the same thing every time he and they went on and on about how he doesn't know anything about babies--SO WHAT!

"Miz Scarlett, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!"

Couldn't resist.

23 minutes ago, snarky snarkerson said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the "fat" thing is only part of why Angela didn't want to try on a dress and it had more to do with her simply not liking them? I mean, her aesthetic is FOR SURE not my aesthetic, but she seems to be pretty sure of her own style, for better or for worse. I also hate when people try to tell women what they need to wear. 

Not only are you defending someone on this show, you're defending Angela.  And not only are you defending Angela, you're defending her fashion choices.

I'm not saying an intervention is in order, but you clearly need help.  :-)

• Love 14
9 hours ago, DNR said:

The only other time I’ve ever heard of the name ‘Darcey’ was in the 1988 movie classic ‘For Keeps’ starring Molly Ringwald ( Brat Pack!) .  

I love that movie

6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

They are closer in consistency and taste to mushrooms.  Once they are cooked in something like garlic butter, they don't really have a lot of taste at all.

I love Escargot, but when its cooked right.  I have no idea about that cooking prep.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, snarky snarkerson said:

I'm also fat, and I will say it took me a lot of years to realize that looser clothing often makes you look bigger. Now, Angela of course takes the form-fitting to an extreme, but perhaps she thinks a big dress with bold fabric is too much of an extreme in the other direction. I also have to say if I were the only white woman for miles, I would be HELLA intimidated/embarrassed to try on local dress in that situation, even if I really liked the stuff.

There are some heavy/overweight/fat women who are somewhat OK w/ their size bc they are busty and believe they will still have sex appeal if they flaunt "the girls" and generally dress in a rique, provocative manner. Angela is one of those women. But if she is forced to put on something she sees as conservative and covered up, then she instantly goes from "hot, busty, biker chic" to "old fat woman." And all of her appeal is gone (in her mind). And she's an apple shape! That's the most difficult of all women's shapes to dress so I can see why she is experiencing anxiety at the thought of trying a look she's totally unfamiliar with. 

5 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

Three observations:

* Clearly Stacey and Darcey got a special from their doc on the lip and facial fillers, and I suspect they've both had facelifts, too. They probably pressure each other into getting these things done so they'll deal with their insecurities and look the same (rather than one look younger than the other after procedures). 

IDK. Darcey clearly has that botox and lip fillers look. But Stacey doesn't to me, at least not so obviously. And while they might both be wearing veneers on their teeth, Darcey's look obviously false and Stacey's teeth look natural. They do not in any way look identical now. Darcey looks a crazy, plastic mess to me. There's no way they could have been going to the same doctors. They are like night and day. IMO.

14 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

I enjoyed this unintentional reverse psychology: Tarik is planning on showing up and proposing to a woman he's only chatted with online, until Mother Hazel pushes the idea, then it's all uhhhh, let's not rush.  

Right! That was so weird and douchey. Like a petulant child!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Rickey- Not only does he wear camo, he wears clashing camo as an all over outfit.  I'm thinking this whole trip wasn't about meeting Melissa, he just wanted time away from his children and responsiblities and failures of everyday life to have a boinkfest.  I love that he's all" I want to be a gentleman and not pressure her....." cause he just totally planned this trip without her input and showed up and demanded she meet with him and drop everything to hang out with him.  It seems like tricky rickey has another lady in line .  Shopping for stepmoms in columbia.

He's really the biggest d-bag of the entire series imo. But no one is seeing it. This kind of mentality on the part of some men, that women are this interchageable and the commitment of marriage is offered so lightly is really disturbing to me.

• Love 20
On 8/27/2018 at 11:50 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I see Jenelle from Teen Mom 2 weeping about how Barb never played Yahtzee with her. "I wanted my mother to nurture me and give me love!"

“I wanted my mother to  nurture nourish me and give me love!"  Fixed it for you!

Where is Ricky the fool going in that goofy ass fanny pack and doo rag?  And mismatched camo!?!  Were the fuck they do that at?

Paul is beyond weird and creepy, and doesn’t even realize the game Karine is running. Dude, she is slipping into her second trimester.  What a sucka!

Jon the gnome is a douche.  Granted, Rachel is a bit schlumpy, but he’s no David Beckham.  What a shallow little shit he is.  I’d leave him right there in his mum’s hous with his miserable, but trying to be helpful, sister down the road.  Her kids were adorable though and looked like they enjoyed visiting with Lucy.  I love Lucy!

Kudos to Angela for learning few phrases.  

Tariq... poor Tariq.  He must  buy his clothes at the Vietnamese hair store where he gets Ari’s Shea Moisture products.  Between the kill da wabbit hat and the King Tut tank, he’s hopeless.  He also bears a striking resemblance to Cooler from the Pound Puppies.  

74896126-0FF8-4E5B-BF13-98E7803C441C.thumb.jpeg.53d66f3187dc193046ded03c843fb78a.jpeg

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

He's really the biggest d-bag of the entire series imo.  But no one is seeing it.  This kind of mentality on the part of some men, that women are this interchageable and the commitment of marriage is offered so lightly is really disturbing to me.

I see it, @eatsleep.  Clearly.

Ricky's my least favorite guy on the show, too. His trip didn't seem coordinated with Melissa at all, he just decided to show up in her country and demand her time. Not sure about anyone else, but I have a busy life, especially during the week. I wouldn't be able to drop everything for someone who just randomly appears on my doorstep. I'd also be pissed if they were pissed. Ricky's an entitled jerk.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 13

TWO women married Ricky and each had a child with him.  Guess he "charmed" them too -- with money.  He has nothing else to offer, IMO.

I removed the pic since someone already posted the Grangela with cigarette picture (darn you! fast posters!).

but I leave here the song lyrics:

There's fear and darkness all around you.

The criminals are on the run. No use in hiding in the dark.

I'll hunt you down cause I'm the Dog.

I'm the dog. The big bad dog. The Bounty Hunter!!!Ha ha ha!!!

If she got the right bra, she could pull off a look like Dog's wife, Beth

Edited by BabyDaddy
picture already posted by others
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Heauxaplenty said:

TWO women married Ricky and each had a child with him.  Guess he "charmed" them too -- with money.  He has nothing else to offer, IMO.

Just hold on a minute! The man has a frickin' fanny pack and that counts for something! *snerk*

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

They are closer in consistency and taste to mushrooms.  Once they are cooked in something like garlic butter, they don't really have a lot of taste at all.

I've had the snails like the ones given to Angela. They are a bit on the chewy side, as I recall. Much meatier than escargot. She could have swallowed that and what she did was disgusting and rude. She is so crass.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Ricky's my least favorite guy on the show, too. His trip didn't seem coordinated with Melissa at all, he just decided to show up in her country and demand her time. Not sure about anyone else, but I have a busy life, especially during the week. I wouldn't be able to drop everything for someone who just randomly appears on my doorstep. I'd also be pissed if they were pissed. Ricky's an entitled jerk.

And he is mad because she won't ditch her studies to come and hang out with him.  Now, these studies may or may not be real (okay, they probably aren't), but if he's buying that story, what an annoying jerk for expecting her to do that.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Just hold on a minute! The man has a frickin' fanny pack and that counts for something! *snerk*

Hahaha!  My bad!  He's a gift and I want him!

7 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

None of the Americans comment or seem shocked by the poverty they see - or maybe they do off camera.  We don't see them 24/7.  I felt bad for that tied-up rooster and the dog on a 2 foot chain. I'd want to set them free. The church service was something else.  They might have played it up for the cameras, though. It must take a lot of energy to be carrying on like that for hours on end, no wonder they're all so slim.  And all that praying hasn't gotten them anywhere.  But I guess it passes the time.

Kareeeny has lost the fresh young look of last season. Her face is puffy, her hair matted  and she's lazy and sleepy. If she's not pregnant, then what is wrong?  She's only 21 and apparently aging fast.

Come sit next to me. Those were my exact thoughts! Those poor animals!

• Love 9
On 8/27/2018 at 12:16 PM, sasha206 said:

Why do I think Jon's and Rachel's first night was a let down.  That he couldn't get his equipment working.  

Something  definitely went down, and I don’t think it was Jon.  Rachel’s world was not rocked!

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 5

I told Mr. Frauded that next time we go to his mom's house and she makes that godawful meatloaf I was going to pull the old mamma bird routine on him like Angela did with the snails, well he said I had better have a good divorce lawyer on speed dial.  Sigh... Maybe she just didn't have the money for a new dress, I mean she had to scrape together 2 credit cards to pay for the hotel. I am not sure how much those dresses run, but I am sure she would rather spend the $ on her Marlboro's than on a dress. 

• Love 9
On 8/27/2018 at 3:47 PM, Barbara Please said:

She looks like Dog the Bounty Hunter. 

....after getting run over by a bus while kicking heroin

On 8/27/2018 at 1:20 PM, Lady Iris said:

On a more serious note, watching Hazel and Tarik climb up staircase after staircase to get to what looked like a single room where her family lived really made me take pause a moment. That has got to be difficult living and sincerely makes me grateful for what I do have.

What freaked me out was all the power lines connected right near the stairways and door openings. Just make a wrong move and....

I know who Hazel looks like..... Peter Lorre

• Love 11
On 8/27/2018 at 3:20 PM, Heauxaplenty said:

It was awkward when Jon declared Rachel to be "the prettiest woman in the world".  His sister basically said "what about me?".  Abby, stay in your lane!

I’ll give the sister a pass on this one.  I thought Jon was talking to his nephew who said Rachel was pretty, and the sister jokingly said “What about me?” to her son.  The boys looked playful, rascally and rambunctious, just as kids should be.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Maybe she just didn't have the money for a new dress, I mean she had to scrape together 2 credit cards to pay for the hotel. I am not sure how much those dresses run, but I am sure she would rather spend the $ on her Marlboro's than on a dress. 

I noticed when they got to the hotel she mentioned having to use another card, or two cards & I was thinking, is she trying to angle him to contribute, because that won't be happening.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

And he is mad because she won't ditch her studies to come and hang out with him.  Now, these studies may or may not be real (okay, they probably aren't), but if he's buying that story, what an annoying jerk for expecting her to do that.

So right.  We don’t have to pick a side (she’s really studying vs. she isn’t) but he’s supposed to have.  I hate him more now. 

• Love 2
On 8/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, millennium said:

His clothes are all three sizes too large.   All he's missing is a pair of papa's shoes to clomp around in.

He’s already wearing what my sisters and I affectionately refer to as buttkickers, so there’s that.  No way Paul doesn’t wear tighty whities.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, snarky snarkerson said:

I'm with you on this one. It was fine the first three times Michael tried to get Angela to try on a dress. Then it got really annoying. She didn't want to do it for whatever reason and he should have dropped it, at least for that excursion. I think he wants her more covered up. I guess he tried plan B with the matching outfits suggestion, but she wasn't buying it at all and he kept going on about it. 

These two would spend their lives nagging each other.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Maybe she just didn't have the money for a new dress, I mean she had to scrape together 2 credit cards to pay for the hotel. I am not sure how much those dresses run, but I am sure she would rather spend the $ on her Marlboro's than on a dress. 

I just looked up the exchange rate 1,000 Nigerian Naira is equivalent to $2.78US.  I don't know the price of a dress but she will probably spend much more money on imported cigarettes (since we KNOW she isn't stopping at one pack) than on a dress.  She simply does not want to cover up that much.

Edited by DaphneCat
Naira not Naiga
  • Love 2

Kareening out of control looks to me same as she did in the first pass of 90 days.....  meh

Funny.... last time it was "run, Karine, run!".  Now it's, "run Pol, run!"

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 4

What was up with Jesse saying, "I'll go take a shower and get ready".  I notice Darcy didn't take a shower. Get ready for what, precisely? That whole situation was just odd. I think they like make up sex, so they fight, and they BOTH get off on it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

“I wanted my mother to  nurture nourish me and give me love!"  Fixed it for you!

Thank you! I knew nurture wasn't right but I knew it sounded similar. My young Teen Mom viewing buddy and I say it all the time! 

53 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

Kareening out of control looks to me same as she did in the first pass of 90 days.....  meh

I think they deserve each other. Just get it overwith, Pole and Kreeny. You are both creepy and boring.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 100Proof said:

I'd like for them both to run . . . Off my TV.

19 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Yeah, it's interesting, isn't it? As dangerous as Nigeria is, on the whole and in our perceptions, the level of gun violence in the US is still remarkable to them.

I think it is so frightening for people from other countries because regular citizens don't own guns.  We have more guns than people.

Edited by Morgalisa
Spelling
  • Love 8

Re: Ricky and speculation about Ms. Back-Up-Columbia - I have a different theory. To me it appeared that the person he meets up with is toting luggage, I think he is even greeting her at the base of the stairs of the apartment he is staying in. So I think he gives up on chasing Melissa and invites either a friend to join him on the rest of his trip, or possibly even his daughter (actually I think this is more likely than a friend).

3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

There are some heavy/overweight/fat women who are somewhat OK w/ their size bc they are busty and believe they will still have sex appeal if they flaunt "the girls" and generally dress in a rique, provocative manner. Angela is one of those women. But if she is forced to put on something she sees as conservative and covered up, then she instantly goes from "hot, busty, biker chic" to "old fat woman." And all of her appeal is gone (in her mind). And she's an apple shape! That's the most difficult of all women's shapes to dress so I can see why she is experiencing anxiety at the thought of trying a look she's totally unfamiliar with. 

Very insightful!

OK, I need to step in for a sec and mount a defense.  A defense of the fanny pack.  They are obviously no longer fashionable, but they are handy as hell.  Women know the benefits of mobile storage, like a purse, and this is the same thing, just safer for travelling.  It's easy for a thief or pickpocket to snatch a backpack or purse.  Much more difficult to infiltrate a fanny pack.  My dad actually uses one on his international vacations.  He also puts his wallet in his front pocket and uses a safety pin to close it (a tip given to him by another frequent traveler).  He has never had anything stolen despite time spent in numerous crowded marketplaces and such.  It also prevents boob sweaty money, like Angela hauled out.

Hate the player, hate the game, accept the fanny pack.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Hate the player, hate the game, accept the fanny pack.

No, never, ever, ever. The acceptable alternative is the Man Bag - a crossbody messenger or camera bag style.  Safe from pickpockets and not hideous.  Plus, Ricky has a gut. Surely that gets uncomfortable when he sits? 

• Love 6