Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Emoji stuffies-check, mosquito net-check, sex toys found by mom as she’s trying to put a tangle of her hair in your luggage (TM to whoever said that earlier-hilarious)-check, pregnancy test IN ENGLISH...FAIL

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 12

Well, Mother Pole possesses some sort of brain, asking Pole about what is going on and maybe trying to get the gears between his ears working. She's right, Pole and Karine communicate via an App, he barely knows her, he doesn't have a job, he can't possibly support himself, Karine, and a baby. For Pole, the red flag should have gone up when Karine out of nowhere wants a baby. Uh, she's probably 3-4 months along already. She is not the fresh flower she was last season. She looks much older, dirty, haggard, puffy, etc. What happened? And in a real rush to solidify the 'commitment' by having a baby. Pole, start the arithmetic skills. Maybe add a calculator App to your phone.

Tarik - you fool. You met the woman online what was seemingly a few weeks ago. Her parents already pressuring for a proposal? Hazel does need to tell him about her child - as he has a right to know. He's been in the country for 24 hours and the parents expected an engagement? Hazel is upset that he has an ex in Thailand? I'd be asking him why he seeks relationships with Asian women instead of women back home in the US? The parents inviting him to 'church' was a bit much. I guess he was expecting some sort of hour long Catholic service and not what he experienced - and for five hours of it? I'd have walked out.  No Hazel's parents, he is not likely to become the evangelical or cultish type that your 'religion' is.

Grangela - you may wish to put the ring at the pawn shop back on the market. Michael has a few relationship dealbreakers. No he does not like your habit. You're being big/fat may not be forever. But your addictions ain't easy to quit. Surely the dressmaker at the market could discreetly find her a nice dress. The whole picture on the phone thing screams a bit odd but who knows.

Ricky you deluded idiot. Are you seriously expecting the prized Melissa to show up the next day? She saw you, cut her loss. Stop sending her money. Spend some time on the beach, do some sightseeing and suck up the non-existent relationship and move on. You may be naïve and an idiot, but she owes you nothing. Did she agree to your coming to visit? Probably not. The beautiful woman you want may not want you. You should recognize the relationship red flags and run.

I find it surprising that Jon has apparently had many, many relationships. His sister came off as a bit much. He barely knows Rachel, is not hugely attracted to her or wants to spend a lot of time with her. Rachel is also in it for the fantasy of having a man who has been a rock for her online and who for unknown reasons pays for her baby's daycare. Are they willing to make a life with each other? He is uncertain that he wants to be a 'dad' and who can blame him? Rachel could still put on some better clothes - nothing expensive - but nothing ratty. No idea what both of them have to bring to any relationship right now. Rachel wants a daddy, Jon wants what exactly? Being a parent is a 24/7 job and he probably is freaking out at that sort of responsibility.

I do find it odd that if their 'story' was filmed in December, that there aren't any holiday decorations around.

Darcey and Jesse, I just can't. Don't know if they are in it for publicity for whatever they are shilling, or what.  Jesse is smug and arrogant. Always looking for something to fix in Darcey. Dude, she isn't going to change because you want her to. Whatever work she does on herself will never be enough for you. You dressed like a slob to go to that nice restaurant. You also vacillate between being verbally and emotionally abusive and making whatever grand romantic gesture. Maybe her twin wants you - she certainly is much calmer and probably is better at playing your game. Perhaps you need to explain transactional analysis to Darcey and the roles of parent, child, and adult. Far too much time spent triggering the other. Go back home to Amsterdam.

• Love 13
On 8/5/2018 at 8:32 PM, Godfrey said:

Darcy: I still got a little spunk in me.

Someone send her the Urban Dictionary link.

She’d better get that checked out. Could cause a bad infection.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trainwreck73 said:

Was Pole trolling the audience or Karine’s parents wearing the shirt that said “Guilty” on the front. I’d say yes but he’s far too stupid to come up with that.

Seriously, what convicted felon would wear a shirt like that?  At first I thought it said 'County' and I wondered if it was actually what he had worn in jail. Actually, scratch that - my first thought was 'a color other than blue'!

Edited by Splithair
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trainwreck73 said:

Was Pole trolling the audience or Karine’s parents wearing the shirt that said “Guilty” on the front.

I think it was part of a Halloween costume. I remember seeing pictures of the two of them at a Halloween party last year, with him dressed as a felon, and her as a cop. But I have no idea why he continued to wear it out and about.

• Love 1

I’ve noticed that this show has affected our spelling and subsequent name pronunciations by the cast of characters.  Karineeeeeeey!!! We’ve now added random “e” in names, I presume because we are horrified at what horriblee humane beeings theese peoplee aree ine lifee.

Jessee and Darcey and Stacey and Pole can all get off my screeney at any time.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Let me start with the wretched Dutch/American train wreck that is made of Task Meester Jesse and Drama Darcey.

The desperate-to-put-a-ring-on-it Darcey is back!  Seeing married couples meant they were meant to be together in last week's episode, but this week she's practically smelling that proposal coming, why, he just met her daughters and no one jumped off the boat (presciently named the Hornblower Serenity in honor of Jesse's personality) in a fit of pique. Like Darcey, Jesse is extraordinarily image-conscious. He likes to project an aura of calm and wisdom but all I see is childish behavior and rage that he awkwardly suppresses by changing the subject to "look a goat!" or some words of wisdom delivered with a controlled, yet vexed tone. So it turns out that Jesse is the force that demands she puts the brakes on her usage of (often drunken) of social media. While they bicker about who will be posting what and where, or should even be posting anything at all, he haughtily challenges her "Go! Go post now!" as she balks, then tuns catty. "Act your age and start structuring your thoughts!" he mutters. "I am a strong woman!" she lies. The strong woman walks out again, all 4' 10" of her, petulantly prancing around wearing emergency flip flops (you never know when your drama will require a nimble exit and the need to ditch the 6" heels). How many times do they go to a restaurant, fight, and walk out? Who pays the tab? In their defense, that was a lot of arugula on Darcey plate, a lot of people would walk out on this much arugula, too.

They get back to the hotel. Right away, 50 Shades of Jesse speaks of sleeping on the couch, they get all luvy-duvy, and Jesse goes to take a shower, sees himself in the mirror and falls in love ago and the make up sex is on. "It's rare what we have, once in a lifetime" - well thank god for small mercies. "Is Darcey able to fix herself?" asks the douche nozzle. He wonders how Darcey lives. Does she bike to the grocery store? Dorothy, you're not in Amsterdam anymore. Is Jesse's lust of riverfront properties, boats, and luxury real estate campfires hinting as to a motive of why he continues a relationship with a woman whose every word irritates him to no end?

They fought in the back seat of that car like 6 yr olds.

D: You keep elbowing me, mom, Jesse's elbowing me!
J: No I'm not why are you lying?
D: I'm not! But you're kinda going like that! (mimics) OK I'll just shuffle over here.
J: I'm just sitting here stretching, babe. FUCK! It's always something with you!
D: Oh geez (contorts face) you're so RuuuuuuUUuuuude!
J: No... that's just REALITY! nener nener nener
D: I just get frustrated with the bickering and us butting heads, we need to figure that out fast, cuz I don't want that around the kids (unless it's butting heads with her twin sister, they've seen that all their lives).
J: You need to figure yourself out!
D: Don't talk down to me! Please stop! I'm a strong woman (NOPE), and I don't need to be, like, belittled!
J: Ja, you're not being belittled, honey, that's only between your ears, alright?
D: Sarcastic OK cool
J: Let me start appreciating this beautiful nature, look, a goat!
D: Yeah the foliage cuz you don't appreciate... (she cuts herself off from saying 'me') yeah.
J: I don't appreciate BS, ja.

Then later:

D: You're not grumpy grandpa anymore.
J: YOU make me grumpy grandpa!!!

It turns out that Darcey butts heads with her twin, too, surprise, surprise. Stacey is all judgy (which is ironic given that she has her own long-distance relationship with a hot, 20-something Albanian herself, judging by her IG account), but Darcey gives her the goods. She retells how Jesse & herself didn't make it to her birthday cake because they both got "triggered." Are they really jealous of each other? Darcey asking TaskMeester which IDENTICAL TWIN is prettier is a hint, but it's Stacey that drives the point home. She looks at Jesse longingly and contrasts Drama Darcey with her more laid back, wise and agreeable nature, adding that Darcey needs to "work on herself" - Stacey is laying it pretty thick that she wants Jesse for herself.

Optimistically, Jesse tells us that he is "trying to be mature." Did it work? To help us decide, the editing monkeys offer us this evidence: "Darcey can you be quiet please I'm trying to talk to the producers and this is my time work on my TV image and you're ruining things?" - followed by next week's preview where Jesse berates her choice of steak-cutting method. "YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!" You tried, Jesse, you tried.

It sucks that you can only like a post once.   "Look, a goat!" -- my favorite line of the entire 90 Days franchise.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Not only a tank top, but one with a giant image of a what is that--a pharaoh?--on it. 

Not just any pharaoh, that's KING TUT! Speaking of Tarik, do we know yet if he knows about Hazel's son? I don't think he's ever mentioned it. 

Maybe Darcey and Jesse are promoting a new diet involving arguing at restaurants instead of eating? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I don't get Angela's problem with the clothes.  Nigerian clothes can hide a lot if you're self-conscious about your body.  Meanwhile, she's walking around in spaghetti straps.

I agree. I think her problem is she knows they won't fit, so that's why she said she didn't want to try them on. But I don't see any hope for this relationship as she balks every time he suggests any adaptation. She's her own person and intends to stay that way. Any adaptation to be done, she expects to be done by him. He does not want that, so they will constantly butt heads.

ETA: She needs to be more respectful of his culture, though. Too bad she doesn't seem to have brought anything to wear except those atrocious cleavage baring shirts. I think that's the biggest reason people are staring.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 10

The real pregnancy test for Karine came tonight. The one with essay type answers.

1. She wants to start a family NOW. (She really is a child if she truly believes a child will solve all their issues. I'm dumbfounded.)

2.  She breaks down in the preview when he says he's not sure they should marry. I'm pretty sure it's not because she's madly in love with him.

Okay, Paulie, there are your answers! Read them and weep, because you are right - she seems to have the mindset of a 12 year old.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

So how come only Angie had to eat those big-ass snails? What's the deal with that?

In the "Before the 90 Days - Extras" they show Mother Michael preparing the snails.  Apparently the only other ingredient is Ortega salsa from a jar.   She rolls her eyes and says she would never eat them.  The subtitle reads, "I'm Nigerian, not stupid."

(wishes I had a gif of Devar's sisters laughing)

13 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Pole, your fiance is 21 and is still into Hello Kitty.  Of course she's immature.

Hazel's parents had a Hello Kitty carpet or mat.   I'm thinking product placement advertising.

13 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Ricky please lose that number.

Nice!  LOL

When he was standing on the rooftop overlooking the city lights, I hoped he would go full-on Stanley Kowalski and cry out:  "MELISSA!!!"

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ricky ... Did she agree to your coming to visit? Probably not. The beautiful woman you want may not want you. You should recognize the relationship red flags and run.

No, she didn't! As soon as he texted her that he was going there, she ghosted him right up until the time she finally texted him that she'd meet him at 7:30. I don't think that in her wildest dreams she thought he'd ever travel there. But he did not take the hint, and like the numbskull he is, went flying off into the sunset anyway.

• Love 16
On 8/22/2018 at 5:08 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I wonder why people think this?

Not saying you’re wrong by any means, but Tariq’s daughter seems well cared for in her current situation. Hazel’s presence wouldn’t be detrimental based on what I’ve seen, even if she just supports Arie’s (the little girl) routine. 

Probably because Hazel has difficulty relating to people, so she may have even more difficulty making any sort of bond to Arie. As well, to me, she seems far too self involved to make much of an effort towards her.

2 hours ago, renatae said:

No, she didn't! As soon as he texted her that he was going there, she ghosted him right up until the time she finally texted him that she'd meet him at 7:30. I don't think that in her wildest dreams she thought he'd ever travel there. But he did not take the hint, and like the numbskull he is, went flying off into the sunset anyway.

The more she ignored him the more Ricky proclaimed his love for her(or him)....Melissa was quick to pick up on his neediness and possible stalker like personality trait.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, renatae said:

ETA: She needs to be more respectful of his culture, though. Too bad she doesn't seem to have brought anything to wear except those atrocious cleavage baring shirts. I think that's the biggest reason people are staring.

Well down at the Elk's Club in Podunk GA her cleavage is a real turn on. 

My question is why can't Big Ang get a bra that actually supports her?    

4 hours ago, Luciano said:

Darcey should just have spitefully folded up that entire pizza and taken it with her when she flounced. Freakin' saddest thing, how could you leave the pizza behind?

More to the point, why is Darcy letting her Dutch Boy tell her how to eat pizza?  

Clearly there are two types of people in this world, one who leaves pizza behind and one who would NEVER leave pizza behind.

Maybe he took a page out of George Costanza's book and he eats his candy bars with a knive and fork too!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, charmed1 said:

The snail thing nearly made me vomit. Not the meal, but Angela demanding Michael suck them out of her mouth and disguising it as a kiss. Two feet in front of his mother no less. I had to turn away and I missed whatever happened after that. I have a terrible gag reflex.

I bet Cigangela doesn't.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Every time Darcy cries "I just want love" I see her crying about her parents as a little girl.

No greater turn-on for a man than an aging, emotionally unstable woman sobbing "I just want love."    

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I have no hope any of these couples can make it. They're all so mismatched.

Tarik, you chubby fool. Hazel sees you as a way out of poverty. Nothing more.

I mean truthfully isn't that what they all look for? Young women anyway. It's a tradeoff.

7 hours ago, Splithair said:

Tarik is worried about Hazel's parents' approval, so he wears a tank top and shorts to meet them. Ok.

Don't forget the backwards cap on his head. Because he's cool like that. 

7 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Of all the fools and thirst traps on this show, the one that truly confounds me is Jesse + Darcey. Neither is poor or ugly or running from legal issues as far as we know. They’re utterly miserable together and I don’t believe it’s “just a storyline” (kinda tired of that being thrown out about

I think Jesse is enamoured with the USA,  which I don't understand because Amsterdam is awesome, it's not like he's coming from Hazel's part of the world. If putting up with Darcy is going help him to get here then he will take one for the team.  

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Well down at the Elk's Club in Podunk GA her cleavage is a real turn on. 

It's also admired in Nigeria, where the locals have mistaken it for a relief map of the Congo River basin.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, millennium said:

In the "Before the 90 Days - Extras" they show Mother Michael preparing the snails.  Apparently the only other ingredient is Ortega salsa from a jar.   She rolls her eyes and says she would never eat them.  The subtitle reads, "I'm Nigerian, not stupid."

(wishes I had a gif of Devar's sisters laughing)

Hazel's parents had a Hello Kitty carpet or mat.   I'm thinking product placement advertising.

Nice!  LOL

When he was standing on the rooftop overlooking the city lights, I hoped he would go full-on Stanley Kowalski and cry out:  "MELISSA!!!"

I thought that was a blanket,, and they were sitting on a bed.  I was only half-watching at that point though, so who knows.

• Love 6