Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

But why did they need to find a fake "Melissa" if it was all just supposed to be an online money scheme?  So he shows up.  Just cut him off and move to the next one.  Or make up a story about a sick mother in a little village far away and could he please send some money for that. 

I think that could also have worked, but Ricky is BIG time on the hook now because he's met her and seen her and proved that everyone who thought it was a catfish was wrong. He'll mortgage his house to send her money now. He'll never give up.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I don't know if there would be a custody fight. There's no divorce in the Philippines, so Hazel was probably not married to the father, and he took the child because he could better care for him. He might be quite happy to give him up.

Yes this.

I doubt this is a legal custody situation as we would see in the states. More likely than not Hazel & her sons father were never married, and she became pregnant, after the baby was born she had to work and could not care for him (nor does she seem to have family, like a elder who could step in while she worked), the Dad took his son into his household so that he could be cared for. Dad may already be married and his wife is raising the child, or he is a person of more means OR has a greater extended family and there is someone able/willing to care for the small child. 

It seems Hazel does see her son, so she probably knows this is the best situation for him right now but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t want him with her 100% of the time. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She looked the same but for me it was like she looked like a copy for some reason. And really wearing the same top? Something very weird going on here. 

I'm a little more willing to take things at (poorly made up) face value.  Ricky met the chick from online.  She is a chick.  She barely tolerated him and had no problem making fun of him to his face after making him wait for hours.  The scam here is that she doesn't give a rat's heiney about Ricky, just his money.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Maybe if the genders were reversed, it would be more alarming? If Ari’s mother traipsed around Asia for ass because “Asian guys are hot,” and picked a stranger out from the Philippines because he looked like Asian Brad Pitt, flew there to marry him and bring him back to her home to instantly be the stepfather to her four year old daughter...mmm yeah, no.

The only difference between that scenario and the Molly/Luis story is that Molly met him in person in the DR, not online, but Luis was a stranger nonetheless. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I do wonder what immigration options are for some of these folks in countries other than America though ... we're not THAT great these days either (IMHO). Like, why would Jesse want to leave Amsterdam for the US? 

I wish I could be a Canadian citizen :/

Thanks for your story on your Canadian past - really interesting, it shoes how immigrants go through the twists and turns of fate (but by moving they get some control over their fate). It also highlights the go-getter attitude to making a living where ever it may be.

I was born in South America, but grew up mostly in the States, and now live in Europe. You can't get very rich in Europe even if you try hard, so it might not attract people like Michael. But for someone like Hazel Europe would be more than enough, regarding the quality of life, safety and money. 

I ended up in Europe (Germany) mostly because I wanted the holidays (I get 30 days paid personal holiday, 11 public holidays, and I average about 10 days overtime returned to me per year). I worked myself to the bone in the States and realized with my chronic health problem (no worries, its manageable) I would not last long. When I saw how many of my bosses were working late nights and weekends I just thought to myself "I've got to get out of here! Life is too short!". The problem for me was that I knew myself well enough that I would pressure myself to work like that as well in that environment. I'm was not assertive enough to say no. But in Europe the culture respects time-off and people's free time. I don't check my emails on while on vacation. That doesn't mean my life isn't stressful (warning in Germany, you do 40 hours, but you work every minute of those hours), but a break really is a break.

Otherwise, if holiday and healthcare were equal, I would be back in the States. People are more friendly which I miss a lot. Although on my last few visits over the years, I feel my fellow Americans are starting to lose this aspect as well :(

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 15
40 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

Thanks for your story on your Canadian past - really interesting, it shoes how immigrants go through the twists and turns of fate (but by moving they get some control over their fate). It also highlights the go-getter attitude to making a living where ever it may be.

I was born in South America, but grew up mostly in the States, and now live in Europe. You can't get very rich in Europe even if you try hard, so it might not attract people like Michael. But for someone like Hazel Europe would be more than enough, regarding the quality of life, safety and money. 

I ended up in Europe (Germany) mostly because I wanted the holidays (I get 30 days paid personal holiday, 11 public holidays, and I average about 10 days overtime returned to me per year). I worked myself to the bone in the States and realized with my chronic health problem (no worries, its manageable) I would not last long. When I saw how many of my bosses were working late nights and weekends I just thought to myself "I've got to get out of here! Life is too short!". The problem for me was that I knew myself well enough that I would pressure myself to work like that as well in that environment. I'm was not assertive enough to say no. But in Europe the culture respects time-off and people's free time. I don't check my emails on while on vacation. That doesn't mean my life isn't stressful (warning in Germany, you do 40 hours, but you work every minute of those hours), but a break really is a break.

Otherwise, if holiday and healthcare were equal, I would be back in the States. People are more friendly which I miss a lot. Although on my last few visits over the years, I feel my fellow Americans are starting to lose this aspect as well :(

Thank you SO much for sharing this!!! Really enlightening ... and explains a lot! I would DEFINITELY choose the quality of life that you describe in Europe over the States, but I have the 20/20 goggles of hindsight as I'm almost a senior citizen and also have chronic health problems (like you say about yours, they're manageable but if I were still working I'd probably have to file for disability in good conscience because I could no longer effectively/reliably do my work) ... 

• Love 2
On 8/22/2018 at 5:11 PM, Mainer said:

I have a close relative that travels the world for work, he brought home some girl from Mexico, she didn’t speak English, he taught her out her threw college, she became a paralegal, put him threw the ringer, hates him hates his family has treated him like shit she acts like an entitled bitch, she came from nothing and I mean nothing so poor. She has now robbed him of over 300k divorces him and took his House. She knew what she was doing, she sent all his money back to Mexico... it’s Disgusting

I had a good friend in the States.  A naturalized Mexican who worked  in the same building.

He was about 31 back then and recently married an 18 year-old young woman. She was an illegal immigrant, meaning she crossed the border with her parents as a child - My friend met her at a family party when she was 17 and then married her when she was 18.  She was a really sweet girl, but not my type (she was not bad looking, just not my physical type). Just nice cheery happy village girl. And I was even a little jealous of my friend since his wife seemed really sweet and cooked him all kinds of yummy mexican food for him from scratch that my wife, bless her heart, couldn't do so well (she's good at soups at least). They had a baby girl, and afterward I moved away, they had another baby boy. Sometimes on the phone he told me he would let her go out with a gang of girlfriends to dance at nightclubs while he took care of the baby, and he thought nothing of it, it seemed. I wasn't comfortable with that to be honest, but I figured hey it's their life and they know each other.. none of my business. She also started to work at a mall restaurant to help bring in some money at some point. Then years later he tells me some horrifying. that he separated from her - turns out over a few years she got pregnant from another guy at a nightclub, then had a miscarriage, then did it all again with another guy from the restaurant, but this time kept the baby and had it. Somehow later he finds out the truth. He doesn't blame the kid, he accepts and loves the girl as his own, since it not her fault. Very Sad. The wife took the house and the kids...

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 5
On 8/22/2018 at 2:30 PM, Barbara Please said:

Maybe I should look abroad for a man then. I’m youngish, child free, and attractive, but only find men here who don’t want to be in a committed relationship. They want a fling...no strings attached.      I guess the struggle to find a companion is difficult for both men and women,

Ha. I hear you. I'm not looking to date as I'm a relatively recent widow but I have a good, secure job, own my own place, am just north of 50 and am extremely chill but judging what I see with my single/divorced friends, yikes, I will probably never date again. 

6 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

Speaking for myself, I judge men who are specifically looking for "love" outside of their home country because they're generally looking for either a highly attractive spouse and/or a submissive woman.  Personally, I find wanting a showpiece over all other qualities and wanting to not share domestic chores/having final say/etc. true character flaws.  I'm definitely going to judge the hell out of a man who values those things. Definitely.  

Naturally, if people just happen to meet someone they can create a life with in the course of, well, living, that's a different story.  I know several people who have met their non-US citizen spouses while traveling, etc.  But that's a far cry from the men on this season.  

I think that the goal for many men who look abroad has nothing to do with finding someone with traditional values. It's laziness. An impoverished woman in another country has zero expectations for the guy. If he's breathing, owns a home and will take her out of desperate circumstances, then she's in. She has nothing to lose and has to hope that he'll be nice to her and not expect her to spend the next 40 years kissing his ass in thanks because she owes him for freeing her from poverty while dangling her from his arm so his friends see what a hot babe he scored. American women expect a man to do his share and in some cases that's entirely too much and makes women bitches and entitled. Some guys expect to be waited on and most American women-- unless they are ultra religious-- will say eff that.  

Edited by configdotsys
typo
  • Love 14

I'm convinced the producers told Angela to wear the trashiest top she could find at Hot Topic to meet Michael. The shredded back showing the four hook, size 48DDD bra and the pit stains were just an added bonus. 

• Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 6:18 PM, bichonblitz said:

Ok I have to say this because it's bugging me. Are all the names of the people in the other countries fictitious?

Melissa is not a Colombian name

Hazel is not Phillipino name

Michael is not Nigerian name

Karine- I don't know what the heck that is but I doubt it's Brazilian

Why can't these people use their real names? They're using their real faces aren't they?

I know someone who is Filipina whose name is Hazel.

• Love 1
On 8/20/2018 at 6:18 PM, bichonblitz said:

Ok I have to say this because it's bugging me. Are all the names of the people in the other countries fictitious?

Melissa is not a Colombian name

Hazel is not Phillipino name

Michael is not Nigerian name

Karine- I don't know what the heck that is but I doubt it's Brazilian

Why can't these people use their real names? They're using their real faces aren't they?

I don't get this post.  This is the 21st century, today people all over the world have access to TV and movies and books from all over the world and have the right to name their children whatever they choose. 

Michael is a Christian name and I believe he is Christian.

I once worked with a Chinese woman named Sophie, which was an American version of her Chinese name.

BTW, what is an "American" name?  What is an "English" name?  What is a "French" name?  Aren't there people in the US who might have German/English/Spanish sounding names?  I'm confused by this post.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, BabyDaddy said:

I had a good friend in the States.  A naturalized Mexican who was a technician in a laboratory next to mine.

He was about 31 back then and recently married an 18 year-old young woman. She was an illegal immigrant, meaning she crossed the border with her parents as a child - My friend met her at a family party when she was 17 and then married her when she was 18.  She was a really sweet girl, but not my type (she was not bad looking, just not my physical type). Just nice cheery happy village girl. And I was even a little jealous of my friend since his wife seemed really sweet and cooked him all kinds of yummy mexican food for him from scratch that my wife, bless her heart, couldn't do so well (she's good at soups at least). They had a baby girl, and afterward I moved away, they had another baby boy. Sometimes on the phone he told me he would let her go out with a gang of girlfriends to dance at nightclubs while he took care of the baby, and he thought nothing of it, it seemed. I wasn't comfortable with that to be honest, but I figured hey it's their life and they know each other.. none of my business. She also started to work at a mall restaurant to help bring in some money at some point. Then years later he tells me some horrifying. that he separated from her - turns out over a few years she got pregnant from another guy at a nightclub, then had a miscarriage, then did it all again with another guy from the restaurant, but this time kept the baby and had it. Somehow later he finds out the truth. He doesn't blame the kid, he accepts and loves the girl as his own, since it not her fault. Very Sad. The wife took the house and the kids...

Please you guys. Marriage break.down when both spouses are Americans. People cheat when both spouses are Americans. People misrepresent themselves when both spouses are Americans. Xenophobia at its worst in this forum. 

• Love 21
18 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Someone who got an education and 300k over the course of a relationship probably earned every penny of it

She did work after about 5 years being together but she made 15 an hour compared to his 800- 1000 per day. It’s been about twenty years and she got financially where she wanted to and then left him. It’s a bad situation 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mainer said:

She did work after about 5 years being together but she made 15 an hour compared to his 800- 1000 per day. It’s been about twenty years and she got financially where she wanted to and then left him. It’s a bad situation 

20 years is kind of a long con dontcha.think? That's how Mark Nikki used to talk about his first wife and we've all seem what a Prince he is. 

• Love 9
On 8/21/2018 at 10:10 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Hazel thinks Tarik is rich and has a big house; when in reality he probably lives paycheck to paycheck and it's costing him a bit to go and visit her.

He bought that crazy discount ticket where it takes 48 hours to get where you are going. 

• Love 7
On 8/22/2018 at 11:02 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. Poverty is alive and well in the USA, but even our poorest citizens have access to clean water, food (although not enough to be comfortable, rarely do people die of starvation), electricity and facilities for hygenine (toilets, running water, soap etc). These things are LUXURIES in some parts of the world. 

I agree, remember - I cant remember her name but her family made the roast pig the jerk would not eat- in the Phillipines, her house had a dirt floor. Our poor here usually have a floor.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 7

The great thing about Before the 90 Days is that none of these couples has to have the K visa or even be seriously trying to get one. That gives the producers lots of leeway. The real couples can be entertaining (e.g.., Mo & Danny, who defined the genre), but this show is like walking into the office in the morning and seeing a big box of fresh donuts. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think that the goal for many men who look abroad has nothing to do with finding someone with traditional values. It's laziness. An impoverished woman in another country has zero expectations for the guy. If he's breathing, owns a home and will take her out of desperate circumstances, then she's in. She has nothing to lose and has to hope that he'll be nice to her and not expect her to spend the next 40 years kissing his ass in thanks because she owes him for freeing her from poverty while dangling her from his arm so his friends see what a hot babe he scored. American women expect a man to do his share and in some cases that's entirely too much and makes women bitches and entitled. Some guys expect to be waited on and most American women-- unless they are ultra religious-- will say eff that.  

Great post!  I will say it's laziness combined with some distorted ego.  These ugly fools think they "deserve" some hot young thing.  I also think there's a hero complex at play that they rescued someone from dire circumstances.  Because they are that much of a man. 

The other interesting thing is how a woman's good looks immediately are the equivalent to the following traits:  she is sweet and different from American women.  Never that she may be smart, or funny, or a hard worker, etc.  She's just always so darn sweet with a perfect temperament.  And they are always able to discern this "sweetness" without ever having spent any time with the person.  But ya know, pretty = sweet. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I agree, remember - I cant remember her name but her family made the roast pig the jerk would not eat- in the Phillipines, her house had a dirt floor. Our poor here usually have a floor.

Jenny and Larry.... and there was much discussion that she wasn't the same person he was chatting with. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Great post!  I will say it's laziness combined with some distorted ego.  These ugly fools think they "deserve" some hot young thing.  I also think there's a hero complex at play that they rescued someone from dire circumstances.  Because they are that much of a man. 

I don't think it's only men who feel that way, I think about Nicole/Dani/Molly/Angela.  Those women were looking for a "hot foreign man."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I'm a little more willing to take things at (poorly made up) face value.  Ricky met the chick from online.  She is a chick.  She barely tolerated him and had no problem making fun of him to his face after making him wait for hours.  The scam here is that she doesn't give a rat's heiney about Ricky, just his money.  

I agree with you, or maybe her sister used her photo pretending to be her - Where is Nev & Max when you need them... I just think these men like Ricky and Tarik think that by sending women money, the women will fall for them instantly.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Please you guys. Marriage break.down when both spouses are Americans. People cheat when both spouses are Americans. People misrepresent themselves when both spouses are Americans. Xenophobia at its worst in this forum. 

Oh, I'm sorry, I completely didn't mean to put it like it was because she was an immigrant. I just meant to share it as a 'sh*t happens' kind of story. Sometimes things get out of control no matter who you marry. I tried to tell my friend, not too get too upset about it, to put it into perspective - some people lose their spouses to accidents, others to drug addictions, mental illness, etc. The fact that she did it twice shows she had no conscience or screwed up morals. Who knows what her problem was but clearly she had some issues. Perhaps regret for marrying so young.. but too immature to leave her husband. 

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 8

But Ricky who never actually spoke to her, LOVES her, he loves her and is going to ask her to marry him. They never even skyped or had a phone conversation yet he LOVES this girl so much.  He has to be mentally disabled.

• Love 17
On 8/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, Quof said:

I've dated men who had children. No one was under any illusion that I would be their mother. 

Those girls have a father.  Jesse understands that he won't be their father.  Darcey seems confused about that. 

Jesse also likes to throw out that he will not fight with Darcy in front of the children as the girls only saw that with Darcy and her husband. All she asked was that Jesse not fight with her in front of the kids, and he made it about him being the only positive male interaction the kids will see. Why does he think Darcy got out of the relationship. He is so full of himself, it's nauseating!

22 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

But Ricky who never actually spoke to her, LOVES her, he loves her and is going to ask her to marry him. They never even skyped or had a phone conversation yet he LOVES this girl so much.  He has to be mentally disabled.

That's one thing that throws me on this show. Guys who are prepared to propose based upon a picture and texts. What is that?

• Love 6
On 8/23/2018 at 5:27 PM, Matty said:

I'm convinced the producers told Angela to wear the trashiest top she could find at Hot Topic to meet Michael. The shredded back showing the four hook, size 48DDD bra and the pit stains were just an added bonus. 

I agree because I did not understand the choice to wear that top at all. It was unattractive in every sense and did nothing for her.

• Love 4
On 8/23/2018 at 2:43 PM, MegD said:

While I agree with you and suspect that she's just underage in the US but legal there, I don't necessarily think that the "she's a he" necessitates Melissa being trans. There are lots of scams out there that prey on stupid people, usually presenting a hard luck story. How many of us have gotten the Nigerian prince emails? We know that she was sending pictures only and texting. There wasn't any verbal conversation. I can see a scammer using a hard luck story and pictures found online to catfish Ricky. They never intended to meet Ricky in person. There was probably no real attraction there whatsoever other than the attraction to the money he was sending so "Melissa's" gender is irrelevant in that case. It was only when Ricky showed up in Columbia that the plan had to change, and change quickly. The scammer went and found the first person he/she could find that looked like the pictures or could be made up to look like the pictures. If that happened to be a male who had more delicate features but was willing to go along with the scam, then so be it. It is not as if there was anything romantic on their part at the end of the evening. It was purely to continue the fantasy and keep the money flowing. It would also explain the over 2 hour delay as that person would have to have a crash course in prior conversations with Ricky. I have several guy friends that when their hair is longer, they can easily be confused as female, not because they are trans or trying to confuse others, just because they have thinner bone structures than most guys. In contrast, I've known females who I've mistaken for males. It happens, especially if you're not paying close attention. Ricky was far more interested in the tits than in Melissa's face. It's always possible that those were part of role, like a prosthetic, since she knew she wasn't going to be getting busy with him or letting him touch her. In that case it would be like a costume, not because she's a trans woman.

I do wonder about her age. The age of consent in Columbia is 14, but one can't work as a prostitute until 18. The US states that it will prosecute for sex abroad with individuals under 18, but that depends on the country reporting it. The town they are in, Medellin, is well known for being a major place for sex tourism, specifically, child sex tourism. There's no way she's 28 like she claims. I suspect she's right at 18 or just under it. I think it's far more likely that this is the case than she's a he or a fill in.

I dont know .... I wouldnt presume someones age by looks. She did show some pics where she is wearing nursing scrubs, so I would assume that she must be at least in her early 20s. I think it is the fact that she seems very unworldly that makes her seem so young - she seems like she never met a person from a different country before, and tteen she even said so. Plus she looks like she not only has had her boobs done but her butt as well, and I just dont see an 18 year old having had that much plastic surgery notches on their belt. Also, her voice is young, but that cx ant always be helped. 

On 8/22/2018 at 3:55 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I don't think she's underage either, because TLC would never green light that for legal reasons. Lots of adults have braces. She's just ditzy and coasts on her looks to seduce dummies. 

I agree re: Melissa. It's almost like a trend to start trans-bashing (yes, that's what it is). 5 years ago no one would have even thought to suggest such a scenario. I like Melissa given what I have seen. She seems immature, uncomfortable and shy. If that makes her a 'man' whatever...

• Love 3
On 8/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

When Eric wrote: As a single guy in America, most women don't even look at me. I would be lucky to land a lady like Rachel , you know;  broke, overweight, 2 kids with different guys in-tow, men-damaged and tons of baggage. This is what I probably could get here.... Or I can go in any Asian countries and get a young, child-free ... and you replied:

The flip side is finding love, regardless of geography.  A woman with baggage or kids might just be waiting for you...she’d love you forever and you’d think she was a queen....to me that’s worth more than youth, naïveté and transactional sex.

My issue isn't that single American guys go overseas to find a lady. It bothers me when they expect a young "Angelina Jolie" type and want to bring her home so they can show their friends, look what I have! Problem is, they are still the same guy that no American gal would look at. If that is truly the case, there has to be a reason. It's not fair to the young, beautiful foreigner to discover after acquiring English and experience that her American guy is a jerk. That's not fair to the woman. So we don't begrudge men going overseas to find love, but we do begrudge them tricking some young foreign gal without any intent to change their original flaws.

• Love 7
On 8/22/2018 at 5:21 AM, Mr. Minor said:

Jon's name is on the birth certificate?...WTF?

Initially, Jon was planning to be present for the birth of Lucy (and he helped come up with Lucy's name) so Jon and Rachel were looking at this pregnancy as a beginning for them. Jon had intended on his name going on the birth certificate and it seemed sweet, but in reality, Lucy will need to know her dad. However, Lucy is such an easy going baby, I can't get over that Jon is so stressed being around her. He's a few bricks short.

• Love 6
On 8/22/2018 at 8:11 AM, Mainer said:

I have a close relative that travels the world for work, he brought home some girl from Mexico, she didn’t speak English, he taught her out her threw college, she became a paralegal, put him threw the ringer, hates him hates his family has treated him like shit she acts like an entitled bitch, she came from nothing and I mean nothing so poor. She has now robbed him of over 300k divorces him and took his House. She knew what she was doing, she sent all his money back to Mexico... it’s Disgusting

Maybe he should have just married someone from the States?

• Love 2

Just saw the preview for next week’s show and Witch Hazel’s exact words were “Money is very important to me.” - Man I really dislike this gold digging ho!

For John to point out Rachel looks different from his other girlfriends is shallow  You already know that’s about her weight.  She thinks he’s hot, but if she tried, she could do better.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

but this show is like walking into the office in the morning and seeing a big box of fresh donuts. 

What I don't understand is how Mohammed got to stay in the US even though it was clearly a scam. I would be nervous that this show is making the US appear super easy to get a Visa for, especially with the 90 day marriage entrance. I thought for sure Mo would have been deported, but that didn't happen. Molly's guy is still here too, isn't he?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chalby said:

What I don't understand is how Mohammed got to stay in the US even though it was clearly a scam. I would be nervous that this show is making the US appear super easy to get a Visa for, especially with the 90 day marriage entrance. I thought for sure Mo would have been deported, but that didn't happen. Molly's guy is still here too, isn't he?

Luis is reportedly back in the DR. 

• Love 4

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that by Danielle (stupidly, IMO) agreeing to "pull the annulment" and go through with the divorce instead, that meant Mohammed could keep his green card and stay in the US. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chalby said:
On 8/22/2018 at 12:54 AM, HappyDancex2 said:

My issue isn't that single American guys go overseas to find a lady. It bothers me when they expect a young "Angelina Jolie" type and want to bring her home so they can show their friends, look what I have! Problem is, they are still the same guy that no American gal would look at. If that is truly the case, there has to be a reason. It's not fair to the young, beautiful foreigner to discover after acquiring English and experience that her American guy is a jerk. That's not fair to the woman. So we don't begrudge men going overseas to find love, but we do begrudge them tricking some young foreign gal without any intent to change their original flaws

That’s what I was thinking, I hate to say there losers but it almost seems like they are in some way, because there some hitch why they can’t get a girl right here in America... it’s like David he doesn’t work or even keep a roof over his head and he brought Annie back, she had no idea what kind of person he truly was, none of them do, it’s kinda like surprise I have nothing to offer you! And it works both ways some of the girls have done it to men.... 

• Love 3

It would be cool to watch a story where they fall in love and the American moves to another country, they all move to America, I could never move to another country and leave my whole family, I feel like it must be pretty bad where they are to sacrifice there families. I wonder if Rachel will be the first story that moves to him..

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

I'm pretty sure there was enough evidence that Danielle was a lying liar who lies for him to argue that it wasn't fraud, or at least not only on his part.  And so what if the US "appears" easy?  The reality tends to be much different, and that's what matters.

9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree re: Melissa. It's almost like a trend to start trans-bashing (yes, that's what it is). 5 years ago no one would have even thought to suggest such a scenario. I like Melissa given what I have seen. She seems immature, uncomfortable and shy. If that makes her a 'man' whatever...

I saw zero shyness at all, just pure disinterest.

6 hours ago, Mainer said:

It would be cool to watch a story where they fall in love and the American moves to another country, they all move to America, I could never move to another country and leave my whole family, I feel like it must be pretty bad where they are to sacrifice there families. I wonder if Rachel will be the first story that moves to him..

That would be cool, but it would also have nothing to do with the K1 Visa process.  And leaving your family doesn't mean things are horrible.  It's like living in a different state.  It's easy enough to keep in touch nowadays.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree because I did not understand the choice to wear that top at all. It was unattractive in every sense and did nothing for her.

The producers do not need to convince this woman to act and dress trashy. That top was her choice. Her back is very unattractive.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think it's only men who feel that way, I think about Nicole/Dani/Molly/Angela.  Those women were looking for a "hot foreign man."

I totally agree with you. Sorry for not including that in my post. 

10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that by Danielle (stupidly, IMO) agreeing to "pull the annulment" and go through with the divorce instead, that meant Mohammed could keep his green card and stay in the US. 

She did the first time, moron that she is. Then she filed for it again and went to court and was told by either the judge or her lawyer that it would be a very long, expensive process to continue with the attempt at annulment and her chances were slim. So technically, she agreed to the divorce but it was not what she wanted. She's a delusional fucking idiot for pulling it the first time and deserves whatever misery she has.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Mainer said:

That’s what I was thinking, I hate to say there losers but it almost seems like they are in some way, because there some hitch why they can’t get a girl right here in America... it’s like David he doesn’t work or even keep a roof over his head and he brought Annie back, she had no idea what kind of person he truly was, none of them do, it’s kinda like surprise I have nothing to offer you! And it works both ways some of the girls have done it to men.... 

Trust me, I am far from being like David (beside being the same age). I am in excellent shape by working out, make good money, no debt, no mortgage, home owner, no kids, no criminal record, speak 3 languages, no addictions.....And I cannot find a decent woman in America.  I've been trying local dating sites for awhile now and its been brutal. All I'm getting is female versions of David. Ahaha

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I dont know .... I wouldnt presume someones age by looks. She did show some pics where she is wearing nursing scrubs, so I would assume that she must be at least in her early 20s. I think it is the fact that she seems very unworldly that makes her seem so young - she seems like she never met a person from a different country before, and tteen she even said so. Plus she looks like she not only has had her boobs done but her butt as well, and I just dont see an 18 year old having had that much plastic surgery notches on their belt. Also, her voice is young, but that cx ant always be helped. 

The presence of nursing scrubs doesn't equal age either. The local public school system has a training program which allows students, starting in 9th grade, to become nursing assistants and eventually CNAs (certified nursing assistants). They can then use their certificate to start earning money as a caretaker during their high school years. Years ago, I worked in a medical malpractice long-term care defense firm. We had a number of nursing assistants who were still in high school or who had dropped out, especially in rural areas where opportunities are limited. There are also a number of types of medical jobs that don't necessarily need advance training but would still need scrubs. It's possible she works in a lab of some sort doing technical work and those are the chosen uniforms. I know of several places here in my hometown where the employees wear scrubs because they are easy to clean and cheap but they have no medical background. One of my friends has a job placing medical grade screws vials into boxes for shipping. The required uniform for all employees from the individuals who make the screws and put them in vials to his job to the guy that labels the boxes and ships them is a set of blue surgical scrubs. It's a little amusing considering the guy in question gags at the mention of blood.

I've seen girls that have tons of plastic surgery, especially if their goal is possibly to work in the flesh trade, which may be something she sees as a way to earn money. Botched has shown several cases where women had surgeries abroad at very young ages.

• Love 5
Just now, MegD said:

The presence of nursing scrubs doesn't equal age either.

It also doesn't equal any kind of job.  We have stores in every outlet mall that sell nothing but scrubs, and anyone can buy them.  Like maybe someone who is trying to convince other people online that they have a job in the medical field.  I wouldn't put anything past scammers.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Eric said:

rust me, I am far from being like David (beside being the same age). I am in excellent shape by working out, make good money, no debt, no mortgage, home owner, no kids, no criminal record, speak 3 languages, no addictions.....And I cannot find a decent woman in America.  I've been trying local dating sites for awhile now and its been brutal. All I'm getting is female versions of David. Ahaha

Well that really sucks to think about, the people that bring someone back it’s kinda like adopting a child they have to pay for everything support them and help them get to where they are out in the working field.. so it’s possible you’d have to be excepting of who you meet not based on financial aspect. I think it’s hard when you get older because some of the people in your age range are single for a reason.. maybe been threw a divorce because they weren’t a good partner for various reasons. Good luck to you either way?

• Love 2
On 8/22/2018 at 6:55 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Trans women are murdered every day because of men thinking that they're "men"

I'm honestly not trying to be acerbic, but can you give an example from a mainstream news outlet? 

• Love 2

The stories that I have read where violence occurred is when a trans person did not disclose that they are trans until sexual contact occurred.  There is no excuse for violence but the likelihood is reduced if people disclose this info before sexual contact (especially if the genitals do not match the outward presentation).  This does not need to be disclosed on early dates but certainly before sex.

• Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 11:27 AM, monagatuna said:

It's not botox. You can't put botox in your lower face.

Actually you can put botox in certain areas of your lower face, to help with marionette lines for instance. But my guess is with the lips it's just too much badly injected filler. She's so pretty, or she'd be pretty if she didn't overdo all of that stuff and try to act 22. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Chalby said:

What I don't understand is how Mohammed got to stay in the US even though it was clearly a scam.

The court ruled in Mo's favor because Dani neglected to tell him about her shaky financial status. He could prove that the reason he left her was because they were living in abject poverty.  Mo and Dani were scamming each other.  He just happened to come out on top. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

I'm honestly not trying to be acerbic, but can you give an example from a mainstream news outlet? 

Why don't you start with watching " Girls don't Cry". Then Google. I am interested in knowing how old you are and where you live that you are completely unaware of this terrible.phenomenon.  It's heartbreaking that it happens  and shocking that people are still unaware of the issue 

• Love 6
On 8/22/2018 at 6:55 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Wow, people are really projecting with Melissa. This is transphobic. Trans women are murdered every day because of men thinking that they're "men" and flying into gay panic/penis panic. Trans people are constantly accused of being deceptive and subjected to violence because of it. I don't like all the snickering that Melissa is a dude or the "joke" that he's going to find out she has a penis. All she has is a tacky porn star boob job imo.

I don't think she's underage either, because TLC would never green light that for legal reasons. Lots of adults have braces. She's just ditzy and coasts on her looks to seduce dummies. 

I wrote, “Got MAN HANDS.” A quote from a little show called “Seinfeld.” To Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, nothing was sacred, including dating experiences, in one of the most beloved comedies of all time. 

Re:“Wow, people are really projecting with Melissa.:” Or perhaps, like me, they possibly sense a male dressed up as a female. That doesn’t mean Melissa is trans, as at least one other poster has pointed out, though she may be. That opinion is also being expressed elsewhere.

Re “This is transphobic.” Not to me and apparently some others. As in films like " Some Like It Hot,” “Victor/Victoria,” and “Tootsie,” and in the theater dating as far back as Shakespeare if not the ancient Greeks, this classic story line is not always PC--and I say thankfully so. The show in the current discussion has as one  theme of scammers and deception working in either or both directions. The suspense is part of the interest. Melissa has money coming in, and is young and in school. Melissa showed zero interest and affection, in person at least, to the man (or a man) who has sent her money, professed love, and traveled thousands of miles to see her--let alone the basic manners to show up on time or arrive when she says she will. My theory is reasonable. 

“All she has is a tacky porn star boob job imo.”

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine. We’ll find out eventually why Ricky’s jaw hits the floor and he exclaims “What??” in shock when Melissa (not shown in clip) walks up to his outdoor table, as shown in the preview. 

I look forward to my laughs and the post-mortems tomorrow night, PC or not. Anyone who is easily offended, even if they chose "Snark" for their own handle, is welcome to use "Ignore." Good Day. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 11