Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

LMAO @ anyone thinking GG is jealous of MJ!!! ahahahaha. GG is younger and much prettier than MJ, not that those are the only 2 things in life that matter, but yeah. GG is stunning, to me. I believe her about Shalom, I don't think she's making anything up about him. I kinda think her and that new guy, Nema, would be good together.

I like Nema, I think he's a good addition to the cast (whether he and GG end up together or not). I like that he's been man enough to live with consequences of his decision to end it with his ex-girlfriend, even though he's not with GG (the one he was hoping for). 

It sounded like the potential for romance between GG and Nema is out based on his remarks, sorry now I can't remember if we actually saw them or if they were in the preview.  Spoilering in case. 

Spoiler

He talks about GG making some remark about f'ing him up the butt with his sister's hand.  I mean, what?!  What kind of context could there be for that?

I wonder if we'll get a visit from Shervin next week.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

It sounded like the potential for romance between GG and Nema is out based on his remarks, sorry now I can't remember if we actually saw them or if they were in the preview.  Spoilering in case. 

Hide contents

He talks about GG making some remark about f'ing him up the butt with his sister's hand.  I mean, what?!  What kind of context could there be for that?

I wonder if we'll get a visit from Shervin next week.

Ok yes I think I saw that preview, but was only half paying attention, so I wasn’t sure who he was talking about. I guess it wasn’t meant to be! 

I’m sure we’ll see Shervin at some point during this reunion. 

Edited by SheTalksShit

I hate all these people and after one season I’m done. Frankly, Adam would be completely justified ( if this season replicates how their relationship has been) in divorcing Reza.I think he would be insufferable and being reminded by him and all of his friends how you are so inferior cause you have less money has to be a miserable existence for anyone.

• Love 6

I've never believed for a minute that Nema was legitimately interested in GG.  I think she was a quick way into a story line for him, no standing around the edges of the group for a bunch of episodes, drama from the get-go.  They have no chemistry together, and she's an out-of-control slacker, while he's smart and focused.  Plus, that breakup scene with his alleged girlfriend had all the authenticity of a three-dollar bill.  Nema strikes me as a very organized guy who has a plan for everything he does.  I don't know what the goal of being on the show is for him, but I'm fairly sure he has one--advertising his business, probably--and I'm also fairly sure that GG isn't part of it, except as a plot device.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I hate all these people and after one season I’m done. Frankly, Adam would be completely justified ( if this season replicates how their relationship has been) in divorcing Reza.I think he would be insufferable and being reminded by him and all of his friends how you are so inferior cause you have less money has to be a miserable existence for anyone.

Especially after Reza dumped him right before the wedding in Thailand. That would be awful for anyone, but imagine having that embarrassment play out on national TV. 

49 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I've never believed for a minute that Nema was legitimately interested in GG.  I think she was a quick way into a story line for him, no standing around the edges of the group for a bunch of episodes, drama from the get-go.  They have no chemistry together, and she's an out-of-control slacker, while he's smart and focused.  Plus, that breakup scene with his alleged girlfriend had all the authenticity of a three-dollar bill.  Nema strikes me as a very organized guy who has a plan for everything he does.  I don't know what the goal of being on the show is for him, but I'm fairly sure he has one--advertising his business, probably--and I'm also fairly sure that GG isn't part of it, except as a plot device.

Oh I think he’s def interested in having a spot on TV, too, but I’m sure he found GG attractive. What red blooded straight man wouldn’t? She’s gorgeous and she also seems to have a playful side. 

I agree that he wasn’t in love with her or anything, but I’m sure that if she was receptive to his advances, he’d be open to having something with her. Or, at least, he WAS open to it, perhaps not anymore. 

I think he was planning to breakup with his now-ex at that point, anyway, when he went to Big Bear. 

But yeah, if you read between the lines, Mike called him out when he said his real reason for coming to Big Bear was to be on the show. 

I do like that he was so protective of his sister, tho. He was not gonna let Mike spin his own ego-stroking version of the truth about what went down with her. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Nema and Mona are too normal and too decent for this group.

Destiney holds her own with them but I don’t know why she wants to.

Adam should run like hell!

I think Destiny is hoping being on the show somehow puts her back into contact with her father. You’d be surprised how many famous people, or people on TV, have at least one parent who left them and say they went on there hoping it would put them back into contact with their long-lost parent. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Nema and Mona are too normal and too decent for this group.

Destiney holds her own with them but I don’t know why she wants to.

Adam should run like hell!

What about MJ’s husband? I kinda like him, he’s hilarious. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I think this was in reference to what is going to be discussed next reunion episode. I don't blame GG for being hurt and pissed. These guys have known her forever, as she said and Shalom for a hot minute. So Mike, Reza and MJ call Shalom from a dinner they are having 2 days before the reunion (none of this is spoilers, it was all said this episode) and now Reza and Mike (and MJ) are piling on Golnesa and calling her a 'liar'. And trying to get Shalom onto the reunion. Do we want to see him, btw? No. He is not part of the cast, he hasnt been part of the SL except as far as the interest in GG's ring. I'd be infuriated too. I think this is part of what is fuelling Nema's fury with Mike. So the comment above was something that came out of GG's fury with this dinner. She's been cool with Nema the whole season and somehow we are here after this Mike/MJ/Reza dinner where GG is now getting threatened with legal action again by Shalom.

As others have noted, none of this drama and anger has come out of anything we've seen all season. Suddenly we are at the reunion and they all hate one another? Like Destiney and Mike? I get that totally because Mike is an insufferable misogynist pig. I'm glad he gets told to 'stop living in Jessica land' next episode. I'm glad Nema and Destiney have piled onto him to at least even up what they are doing to Golnesa, but none of it makes ANY sense as far as we, the viewers, are concerned. It all ended in sweetness and light last week and now, here we are?

I'm very happy that Destiney and Nema are voicing what all of us here have been seeing with respect to Mike for ..how many seasons now? Maybe it takes new cast members to call him out on his behaviour. I'm so glad we got to get the Mona/Morgan timeline again, just to see Mikey get literally hot under the collar. Men that put their mothers on pedestals like this are bad news. Sue has obviously never taught him to respect women and the whole 'she had a chipped nail!' story doesn't surprise me at all. Nor does the fact that he has continued to text Mona. Mona must really feel sorry for Mikey, because he is pathetic. He's never going to find an educated working woman because he is only ever going to be able to cope with a wife who stays indoors and never questions him. He's never going to be able to support a wife anyway unless she works, so hopefully he'll just stay single. All of that guff about 'respecting my girlfriends'? He really means 'respecting my right to bang anyone who'll let me at the club for the rest of my life'. But he'll never 'own' this. We'll continue to get the same tired schtick he left us with during MJ's wedding episode 'i'm ready for a wife and family, i'm almost 40'. He's worse than Jax Taylor. Mike is skeevy and looks like he could flip into violence if questioned. Like he has in part 1 of the reunion.

Destiney is brave, given the simmering fury Mikey joon is directing at her. And what was she pointing out during the break? I didn't get the translation. Mike, of course, was wrong with what he said, and production ran it back, showing that what Destiney had said was absolutely spot on. Still don't know what it meant  though.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

I think Destiny is hoping being on the show somehow puts her back into contact with her father. You’d be surprised how many famous people, or people on TV, have at least one parent who left them and say they went on there hoping it would put them back into contact with their long-lost parent. 

Good point - I really hope it works, and we get to meet him!

1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

What about MJ’s husband? I kinda like him, he’s hilarious. 

I think he’s funny too - but he can also be an ass, like when he made fun of MJ’s toast - he might belong with this crew.

• Love 1

We didn’t really get to know Mona this season at all. For example, I have no idea what her job is or what she likes to do in her own time. I thought she came across as pretty boring with not much of a personality. I know that she’s a vegan, and she lives in a small condo that seemingly has no windows, but that’s about it.

What we did learn about Mona made me think that she’s kind of a snob who has grand ideas for how she wants to raise her future kids—summers in Europe so they are cultured, paying someone to home school them. Neither are bad things AT ALL. BUT, to me she came across as an entitled immature high school girl who has big dreams with no idea about the cost of the lifestyle she is demanding. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

We didn’t really get to know Mona this season at all. For example, I have no idea what her job is or what she likes to do in her own time. I thought she came across as pretty boring with not much of a personality. I know that she’s a vegan, and she lives in a small condo that seemingly has no windows, but that’s about it.

What we did learn about Mona made me think that she’s kind of a snob who has grand ideas for how she wants to raise her future kids—summers in Europe so they are cultured, paying someone to home school them. Neither are bad things AT ALL. BUT, to me she came across as an entitled immature high school girl who has big dreams with no idea about the cost of the lifestyle she is demanding. 

Mona is a pharmacist and a wellness and lifestyle blogger.

She's sort of in this weird Shervin/Asa dilemma. She wants to use the show to promote her business ventures, but she doesn't want to be so closely aligned with these toxic people that she ends up screwing up her job and businesses. For the most part, Asa was able to walk this line fairly well until the baby issue. Shervin has NEVER put his real business, computer recycling, anywhere near this show. It's part of the reason he was demoted this season. So I think if Nema stays in the cast, Mona could probably find a way to promote her lifestyle business by making it part of Nema's storyline next season if she reaches out to him for help.

• Love 3

Is it just me or was there a lot of tension and what felt like Nema bashing?     I feel like they don't like him, which is okay, because they are a bunch of assholes.   Nema seems too normal for the show. Good on him for defending his boring sister.  I read up on Mona and I know she's "Dr. Mona".  Good for her.  She's highly educated and has several opportunities that others would not have.  She reminds me of Lilly G in that sense. Lilly was an attorney (she's gotta have some level of intelligence) and used the show as a platform. Look at her success now.   And MJ, shut the fuck up.  Mona has the most potential to become "Amal Clooney" out this bunch of women.

GG has so many issues.   I think she needs to get off the show.   She needs a real job.  I blame her parents 100% for indulging her. Now they have a 35 year old child that cannot earn a living and support herself. Every time I see GG, I think, "wow, she, when did she start earning social security benefits?"   I hope she has a Roth IRA.    She just seems so emotionally and mentally unstable. She does not seem fun at all.  I do not understand her appeal.

Mike likes fake looking women with overdrawn lips. Duh. We figured that out a long time ago.  He needs to chill with the roid rage.

MJ has no choice but to woman up. She's about to become a mom so she needs to really get her shit together. I pray for that child. Tommy seems like he'd be a great dad.

I'm not feeling Destiny.  I do not find her interesting. She subscribes to the MJ School of Fashion--- which posits that women must have long stringy hair and look sloppy as fuck all the time. 

Spoiler

Being a lesbian is probably the most interesting thing about her.

Reza is a douche bag. I cannot imagine being friends with him much less be married to him.  He thinks it's entertaining to gaslight GG- an already unstable woman.   Reza et al. need to stay out of her business with Shalom. 

• Love 3
On 11/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, RubberDuckie said:

Is it just me or was there a lot of tension and what felt like Nema bashing?     I feel like they don't like him, which is okay, because they are a bunch of assholes.   Nema seems too normal for the show. Good on him for defending his boring sister.  I read up on Mona and I know she's "Dr. Mona".  Good for her.  She's highly educated and has several opportunities that others would not have.  She reminds me of Lilly G in that sense. Lilly was an attorney (she's gotta have some level of intelligence) and used the show as a platform. Look at her success now.   And MJ, shut the fuck up.  Mona has the most potential to become "Amal Clooney" out this bunch of women.

The original Shahs have always had this strange resentment towards people who are more educated or more successful than they are. Even if you find Asa insufferable, it's pretty obvious that the Shahs were cooler with her when she wasn't particularly successful. They were openly hostile to Lilly. One of these assholes was on WWHL talking shit about how Mona wasn't a "real doctor." Nema's real business is that he runs a casting agency that specializes in extras. 

https://extrasonavail.com

I suspect that Shervin and Destiney avoided this because they both started as "friends."

On 11/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, RubberDuckie said:

GG has so many issues.   I think she needs to get off the show.   She needs a real job.  I blame her parents 100% for indulging her. Now they have a 35 year old child that cannot earn a living and support herself. Every time I see GG, I think, "wow, she, when did she start earning social security benefits?"   I hope she has a Roth IRA.    She just seems so emotionally and mentally unstable. She does not seem fun at all.  I do not understand her appeal.

Mike likes fake looking women with overdrawn lips. Duh. We figured that out a long time ago.  He needs to chill with the roid rage.

MJ has no choice but to woman up. She's about to become a mom so she needs to really get her shit together. I pray for that child. Tommy seems like he'd be a great dad.

I'm not feeling Destiny.  I do not find her interesting. She subscribes to the MJ School of Fashion--- which posits that women must have long stringy hair and look sloppy as fuck all the time. 

Hide contents

I don't understand the GG appeal either. I was looking at pictures of her online, and she was so attractive when this show first started. Now she looks like Maebe Funke from Arrested Development: 

756083DD-0602-41B3-84CF-13DE8E8C2B24-11926-000008F2D1861541.thumb.jpeg.5880323113dc3756ff62019a80d727ba.jpeg09738F21-4C6A-4AE4-B515-FBC3B02AFA72-11926-000008F2ED01B2A9.thumb.jpeg.0778076e7e640ac0752430bf0bd9bfc3.jpegA

All this would be moot if it seemed apparent that she had a thought running through her head at any time, but when she is not raging, she is giggling. And she really bakes from the moment she wakes up every day?? And she's proud of that (or at least at peace with it)? Yup, supremely unappealing. Nema may have been intrigued by her in in the beginning out of a sense that she was 'other,' but I don't see him ever putting a ring on that, or making her a serious girlfriend.  What do they have in common?  She was too high and unfocused to do an elevator pitch.

I have sympathy for MJ I don't have for GG.  They have been horrible to each other, but I feel like MJ is more lost, whereas GG is viscous.  

All that being said, I think this reunion was really good!  A little too much inside baseball, but much more entertaining than the season, which was an utter snooze.  Damn.  Bring back Asifa if you have to.  Destiney offers nothing, in my opinion.  She doesn't even have an aspirational lifestyle.  Notice how they never show her at home?  Because she's got nothing going on inside or outside of this show. Notice how now she is going hard for Mike?  It seems like a desperate bid for another season.  When Andy brought the lesbian rumors to Destiney's attention on his show, Destiney acted like that was the most disgusting lie that could have been uttered about her, but from the previews, apparently...there's truth to it?  She is so uncompelling to me, that I simply don't care.

Mike is a horrible human, but I think they are all sort of horrible people, so I really don't mind when he dishes it out. He gets as good as he gives.  I think this "horrible person" stigma includes Nema.  If he handled his divorce anything like his last 'relationship,' ("I...uh...almost kissed someone"), get the fuck out of here with that shit.  If Mona were really so grown and over this, why would be even be entertaining text messages from Mike?  God gave us the "block this user" button on the iPhone for a reason.

Thought it was funny that Reza didn't even mention how the hair product investment was doing.  All he did was justify the expense as being money set aside for their retirement.  If that scheme were making money, he would have reported it!

I hate, hate, hate how they have started editing these reunions so that we get to see "behind the scenes."  I dont give a shit about how anyone's hair is being curled, or what side conversation MJ and Tommy are having about their baby.  They should show us the reunion and the reunion only.  If someone walks off--girl, bye!  Producers following them with cameras only enable that behavior.  If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, and we'll have the reunion without you.  I think all these behind the scenes footage is being used as a crutch for the fact that there is simply just not enough good reunion footage to make two episodes.  Fine, make it one episode, then, and put the behind-the-scenes stuff online for the people who actually care.  Who is really going to care about this reunion after Thanksgiving anyway?  

I dont care about Vida.  I am really uninterested in rehashing Shams again.  People die, and it's sad.  It doesn't make for good reality TV.  Can we please just have another red velvet cake fight on a yacht or something?

• Love 4

MJ and Reza though are vile people, they like hurting everyone around them.

You know those people who peak in high school? That's these two. Their ultimate glory in life is being queen bees on this trashy sordid show. That's the most they will ever amount to.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I hate, hate, hate how they have started editing these reunions so that we get to see "behind the scenes."  I dont give a shit about how anyone's hair is being curled, or what side conversation MJ and Tommy are having about their baby.  They should show us the reunion and the reunion only.  If someone walks off--girl, bye!  Producers following them with cameras only enable that behavior.  If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, and we'll have the reunion without you.  I think all these behind the scenes footage is being used as a crutch for the fact that there is simply just not enough good reunion footage to make two episodes.  Fine, make it one episode, then, and put the behind-the-scenes stuff online for the people who actually care.  Who is really going to care about this reunion after Thanksgiving anyway?  

I think all of the production crews for all of the reality shows are increasingly aware that a lot of stuff that is important goes down when the cameras are dark or aren't on the cast (they've always known this about Vanderpump Rules). This is why they've been encouraging the cast to film stuff with their cell phones and having the camera men follow the cast off the reunion set. We've seen it on Real Housewives of OC when Heather was filming their Ireland bus argument. On Atlanta, some of the bigger more lasting revelations from season 9 and 10 happened off set, including Phaedra and Andy's reveal of their complete sociopathy and Kim Zolciak saying something dumb and kind of racist. Even on Shahs, the most significant parts of the season 4 reunion actually happened off set. And sometimes there is no good reunion footage as you said.

• Love 4

These people are so vile. They claim to be friends and “family”, but you don’t treat friends and family like this, this is how you treat people you hate.  I genuinely felt bad for GG as Reza and MJ admitted that they intentionally invited Shalom’s ex to the party because they knew it would hurt GG.  That is just plain evil.  GG had a point when she said (paraphrasing) “so when we said we were good last year that was a lie?” and Reza said yes. WTF.  See that’s the point where I would have smacked the shit out of him.  You don’t intentionally hurt someone you care about. 

MJ is an unhappy woman because if you are truly happy and content with your life you wouldn’t be so focused on vendettas and getting revenge.  I feel the most sympathy for her poor husband Tommy.  She is going to divorce him after the baby is born.  I don’t think she truly loves him.  Given her thoughts on children born out of wedlock I feel she wanted a child more than a husband and biological clock considered she married Tommy.  I bet dollars to donuts that they will be married max 3 years.  Long enough to get one or two kids and then turn on Tommy and play the pity party victim single mother path. 

Reza’s perhaps one of the worse realty show people of all time.  He is so immature and has the mentality and maturity of an 11-year-old.  He only got married for a story line.  These people don’t have a healthy view of marriage.  It pissed me off when he said the 500K retirement money was his for HIS retirement.  Ummm no mothafucker when you get married that becomes you and your spouses. To not even have the respect for your husband to have a conversation about the investment is disrespectful.  Especially when you are “talking” about adopting.  No, that might not have been the money earmarked for the adoption, but that retirement money is the nest egg for your family and baby’s security and to be so selfish shows how his not ready to be a father.  And he doesn’t even want to be a father.  He dabbles in these gay rights off passage; marriage and adoption, for story lines.  Run Adam Run! I couldn’t imagine being in a relationship let alone a marriage where I have no security and belief in my partner.  MJ’s slick comment on how he doesn’t have as much money and how she bypassed him to be in her wedding party shows what she thinks about him and the fact that Reza didn’t stand up for you speaks volumes.  Surprise surprise Reza has thrown out the divorce word.  Mark my words Adam Reza’s behavior will not get any better and he is going to back you in a corner so that YOU ask for the divorce, so he can play the victim. 

ALSO, the perpetual pet peeve Reza and his calling women bitches.  NO JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE GAY MAN DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT TO REFER TO WOMEN AS BITCHES.  He must not have any black friends because the women I know and those in my family would not let him get away with calling them out their name.  He gonna say that to the wrong woman one day. 

• Love 4

I rewatched the reunion because I only saw bits and pieces of it.  I've thought this before, but it was especially obvious in the Mona discussion how bad of a liar Mike really is.  He has so many classic tells to his lying, I think that if Jessica had asked him if he were cheating she must have been deluded by love to believe him if he said no.  I don't know if she asked him but I just don't see how she could have believed him if she did.

• Love 3
On 11/16/2018 at 12:09 PM, SheTalksShit said:

LMAO @ anyone thinking GG is jealous of MJ!!! ahahahaha. GG is younger and much prettier than MJ, not that those are the only 2 things in life that matter, but yeah. GG is stunning, to me. I believe her about Shalom, I don't think she's making anything up about him. I kinda think her and that new guy, Nema, would be good together.

I think GG is jealous of MJ!  GG looks like a creepy snake.  She is not good looking to me AT ALL.  I think MJ is gorgeous.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Oh I think he was/is SUPER interested in GG.  He was like a high school boy with a crush!  I felt second-hand embarrassment for him, he looked kind of pathetic.

• Love 3

I used to really like MJ.  I liked her sassy bravado and how she owned her curves.  But as of late, every little thing has to be so damn dramatic and all about her.  I do believe she's self medicating as well. 

At the risk of sounding like a prude, the wedding was disgraceful.   And I say that mostly because it seemed played up for the cameras.   So stupid. 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, heatherchandler said:

probably oxys, it also accounts for her total lack of filter.

Why can't I just say what I want and not gaf. Dammit! Alcohol is as deep as I'd ever go though. It's bad enough sometimes but I'm too old and have too many kids to carry on like this bunch. 

On 11/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, HunterHunted said:

I think all of the production crews for all of the reality shows are increasingly aware that a lot of stuff that is important goes down when the cameras are dark or aren't on the cast (they've always known this about Vanderpump Rules). This is why they've been encouraging the cast to film stuff with their cell phones and having the camera men follow the cast off the reunion set. We've seen it on Real Housewives of OC when Heather was filming their Ireland bus argument. On Atlanta, some of the bigger more lasting revelations from season 9 and 10 happened off set, including Phaedra and Andy's reveal of their complete sociopathy and Kim Zolciak saying something dumb and kind of racist. Even on Shahs, the most significant parts of the season 4 reunion actually happened off set. And sometimes there is no good reunion footage as you said.

I'm not advocating that they ever shut the camera off (except for narrow exceptions for reunions). I think there should be a live camera 24/7 at least when they are on cast trips, just so they can't sneak off and do things without our knowledge. A big moment just happened during a cast trip on Married to Medicine, and they didn't have video--just audio--so the viewer couldn't determine whether Toya shoved Conetessa by accident or on purpose and I thought that was an epic fail. 

What I am saying is that they have no business airing the bullshit they caught while waiting for a big moment and calling it a reunion. Yes, have a camera on in case something insane happens. No, don't show me the mundane footage that you picked up while nothing happened. If they wanted to reveal that MJ was pregnant to the approximately one viewer who didn't already know, they could have easily spoken about that at the top of the reunion proper. They've "revealed" pregnancies this way before (RHNJ) and there has been no problem with it. They clearly don't have enough good footage for two reunion episodes, so why not make the reunion one episode and then do a behind-the-scenes episode to air after the reunion (I refuse to call it "Secrets Revealed," because no secrets are ever revealed)? That would be more honest.

I didn't see the Shahs season four reunion (that I remember), but my one exception to "the camera goes everywhere" would be to strongly enforce a rule that no cameras follow reunion walk-offs. It would end walk-offs, except for the people who sincerely don't want to be filmed, and who wants to see someone rip off a mic anyway (a la GG this past episode)? It would end the behind-the-scenes drama. Everything would play out on stage, because that's the only place the cameras would be. And these people are total camera whores. As far as the last RHoA reunion goes, I'm sure if Kim were feeling a way about racism, or anything else, and she was prepared for it to be aired, it would have surfaced on camera sooner or later. But enabling these walk-offs to the point where Andy is encouraging Ho wives to follow one another off stage like he did on RHBH when Lisa Rinna walked off after being presented with the rabbit? That shit has got to stop, like, yesterday. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

With all due respect, I hate that part of the movie.  The Windex had nothing to do with him being Greek, it had to do with him being a lunatic.  I'm first generation and NONE of my family has this ridiculous obsession with Windex.  

The movie is a comedy.

The windex is over the top...but a lot of Greeks that I know are over the top.

My mom's family was gregarious and would give you food & drink after you turned them down.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Oh, I no longer think Adam is as innocent as he behaves.

• Love 4

The dramatic sit-down continues as the group recounts a series of exhilarating highs and challenging lows. Destiney reexamines the emotionally-draining search for her father and shares what she found out about him. Nema and Golnesa come clean about just how far their flirtatious encounters went, while Mike and Reza deal with the remnants of their fallout in Las Vegas. Mercedes, with Vida and Tommy by her side, divulges secrets about her wedding and their hopes for the future.

Airs November 29, 2018.

• Love 1

I just have to say something about Shervin after seeing that clip of him in his towel.  Considering he probably wants his sexual partners to be waxed from the eyebrow down, he should try it himself.  Ugh, the hair on his back, yikes!

• Love 1

I loathe Reza. He's not funny. He's a habitual backstabber and pathological underminer. He knows full fucking well that he's been talking shit about Nema for fundamentally superficial and trivial things. Nema has a white Lexus. Ugh, he should be burned at the stake. They've talked shit about Nema and Mona for being more accomplished, better educated, and less shallow than the rest of them.

I would never wish it on an innocent child, but a very dark part of me wishes that GG somehow finds a way to use Adam as a sperm donor just to fuck with and ruin Reza's life.

I know there are some people out there who probably think GG should give Shalom the ring, but he's legally not entitled to it. Giving him the ring is essentially a pay off to funds he's not entitled to. How much could GG have possibly earned in the 7 weeks they were married? He's entitled to half of that at most.

Vida needs to stop giving unsolicited make-up advice. I know it's her profession, but her look is no great shakes either.

Edited by HunterHunted
To include the correct duration of their failed marriage
  • Love 15

I know there are some people out there who probably think GG should give Shalom the ring, but he's legally not entitled to it

Actually, under California law, he is entitled to it because it IS so valuable and because the marriage was of short duration. The law is pretty clear on this. She’s being so shady saying that he won’t sign the papers when it’s really her petty refusal to give the damn ring back that is holding up the divorce. 

And don’t even get me started on her idiotic plan to smoke marijuana while pregnant. I used to like her but now I just wish she would take her loser self off the show. Nema dodged a bullet with that one.

• Love 4

I guess I'm alone on my island of adoration for this season.  Eh, I can live with that.

I know Nema & Destiney won't get together, because that would be too charming and normal for this crew.  But a girl can dream.

I wish GG would return the ring -- maybe negotiate a share of the selling price? because that's a hideous mistake of a marriage and she should rid herself of all souvenirs.  Plus, despite the size, it looks...cheap.  

And she did make noise about backing off the pot-smoking (done for her RA relief) under a professional's care -- smart -- so I'm assuming the doctor will say: Stop before you get pregnant.

I got as weepy as this show has ever allowed, watching them talk about MJ's dad.  Of course it would hit me where it hurts, but I was moved to see the Shahs share the pain.  Since they share everything else.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, ghertigirl said:

Actually, under California law, he is entitled to it because it IS so valuable and because the marriage was of short duration. The law is pretty clear on this. She’s being so shady saying that he won’t sign the papers when it’s really her petty refusal to give the damn ring back that is holding up the divorce. 

That's not true under the common law and it's not what California law seems to suggest either.

California Civil Code Section 1590

Where either party to a contemplated marriage in this State makes a gift of money or property to the other on the basis or assumption that the marriage will take place, in the event that the donee refuses to enter into the marriage as contemplated or that it is given up by mutual consent, the donor may recover such gift or such part of its value as may, under all of the circumstances of the case, be found by a court or jury to be just.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=1590.&lawCode=CIV

If they don't get married, he probably gets it back. If it's a family heirloom, he will likely get it back. If he added to it or upgraded it during the marriage, they probably have to split the value.

California Family Code Division 4 Part 2 Chapter 2. Separate Property 770

(a) Separate property of a married person includes all of the following:

(1) All property owned by the person before marriage.

(2) All property acquired by the person after marriage by gift, bequest, devise, or descent.

(3) The rents, issues, and profits of the property described in this section.

(b) A married person may, without the consent of the person’s spouse, convey the person’s separate property.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=FAM&division=4.&title=&part=2.&chapter=2.&article=

As an engagement ring is a gift acquired before marriage, it is separate property.

Admittedly, I only learned enough family law to pass the bar and have never practiced California, but what I've read suggests that California statutes and case law seems to be pretty close to the common law. However, you may know a statute or case that says otherwise.

If the ring is legally GG's, she's not being petty. He also asked for spousal support for their 12 second marriage. Listen I get that he's unhappy that he's out more than $100K for this engagement ring, but this is a very expensive lesson for his dumb ass. Don't spend that kind of money on a ring for a woman you met a month ago. He's the one who is being petty by dragging this out just so he can get money and property that he's probably not entitled to.

1 hour ago, ghertigirl said:

And don’t even get me started on her idiotic plan to smoke marijuana while pregnant.

Shalom better not drag his heels too long. If she actually manages to get knocked up and deliver this kid while they're still married, Shalom is going to be the presumptive father of this kid.

30 minutes ago, voiceover said:

I wish GG would return the ring -- maybe negotiate a share of the selling price? because that's a hideous mistake of a marriage and she should rid herself of all souvenirs.  Plus, despite the size, it looks...cheap.  

That's my feeling on the matter too. It's ugly and the she needs this guy gone from her life with the quickness. At the same time, I understand her stubbornness on the matter. It's about weighing her priorities. Is it worth $40,000 - $75,000, to get him out her life? It probably is.

• Love 8

Well, that was a bore. Yelling at each other, pointing out their flaws. But..... we love each other, we are family, these people are my brothers and sisters, we talk every day, we have each other's backs. I'm sick of hearing that BS. 

Mike and Reza are both jealous of Nema. They don't want somebody new coming in to the group that the fans are going to like and the fans like Nema. They have to find something to criticize about him so let it be the white Lexus. They are questioning why Nema came on to the show. Are you kidding me? Why did any of them come on the show? 

I still can't picture MJ as a mom. Her entire life has to be restructured. Desperately wanting a baby does not mean you are going to be a good parent. She is going to have to realize it's not going to be all about her anymore and there are going to be many days and nights she can't go out and party. She's extremely self-centered and at 48 yrs. old how much can she change? Will there be a lot of fights between her and Tommy and opinionated Vida on how to raise the child, who is doing what wrong? It all remains to be seen. I wish them the best, for the baby's sake. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Mike and Reza are both jealous of Nema. They don't want somebody new coming in to the group that the fans are going to like and the fans like Nema. They have to find something to criticize about him so let it be the white Lexus. They are questioning why Nema came on to the show. Are you kidding me? Why did any of them come on the show? 

Thank you!  100% this.

Reza is a monster.  I couldn't follow his logic on the "if you can't take me mocking your car or [insert other minor thing]..." I know these people are on a reality show, but I tend not to mock my friends for things that don't affect me at all, aka their car choice.  I know he didn't ruin anyone's life this season, so Nema is probably up for it next season.  However, with that said, never change Reza.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, voiceover said:

I guess I'm alone on my island of adoration for this season.  Eh, I can live with that.

Nope!  I loved it too!  I think this may be my fave season, except maybe the first one.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, albarino said:

I will happily confess to only sorta watching the reunion but did Nema say GG said some vile things about him on social media?  Something about his sister and a hand? Seriously, what was up with that?

She said she was going to fist Nema with Mona's hand. I don't know why or where her sudden animosity came from.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She said she was going to fist Nema with Mona's hand. I don't know why or where her sudden animosity came from.

And I can't figure out how stoned she must've been to come up with that for an insult.  That is a mental image that requires work.  And frankly: Eeeeeyyyeeeeuuuuuwwww!

Who can blame Nema for his reax to her last night.  I'm thinking, GG could show up on his doorstep, dressed in a whipped cream teddy, and he'd be within his rights to say, "Hard pass!" as he slammed the door.

Involving his sister in a sexual insult is a line-crosser if there ever was one.

• Love 10