Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

I like Nema a lot - his bad taste in GG aside - but I don't think he fits in with the cast. The field trip to the jewelry store confirmed it that he's neither in their league money-wise nor feels "as Persian" as the rest of them, which he said himself. He doesn't feel like he's close with them, and I'd bet a palate of Asa's diamond water that we won't see him next season.

• Love 4
On 11/2/2018 at 11:53 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

Speaking of “Scam Artists” a quick story.  This week, my husband and I got a call from a lawyer saying my Grandson was in jail with a DUI in a car accident with a broken nose, and he didn’t want his Father (my son)to know.  He said, to get him out of jail, we should go to Western Union and send $995.00 CASH to an address to the Dominican Republic to some women’s name.  We called my son and his wife,and my Grandson was sleeping in his bed.  This Con Artist called me back in about an hour after all that and I told him a few things that  I don’t want to repeat.  Everyone on here, BEWARE of these phone calls.  They are Con Artists thinking seniors are stupid.  I’ll bet a lot of Grandparents send the money.

• Love 9
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

Vanity and misguided ideas of how he thinks he should be living.  He might as well have set fire to that money.  I swear those people don't really live in that house, they probably rent it by the hour when they have a meeting with Reza.  They seem shady.

I would have felt rich with half a mil in the bank.

• Love 4

Vanity with all of them is right.  The gold they all wear.  Asa has a ring on each finger and enough bracelets for an Army.    Reza is ridiculous with all his gold on;  MJ too.  I don’t see movie stars wearing all this gold, and they are loaded.

• Love 4
On 11/1/2018 at 9:22 PM, Emmeline said:

Why in the world is Mike wearing that cap in the restaurant?  We know he wasn’t brought up in a barn.  I wouldn’t mind it in some chain restaurants but not in a French restaurant lunching with his mother.

Because a dou**e bag took a dump. On that dump a fly landed. Then, a bacteria grew off of it. True story. That bacteria is none other than MIKE!

• Love 3

Haven't finished episode yet but so far:

A) Reza has FOR SURE been taken by these investor people.  How can you not take one look at them and realize they're scammers!? I despise Mike but he had the best line with his failed business and Asa's diamond water "no one wants that sh**!" 

B) Adam hasn't looked healthy in a while. Wonder what's up with him. His complexion is...grey?

C) Gigi is "so close with her mom and calls 20 x a day." I hate hearing this from total a**holes like her. I have a shit mother . And I've never been an a**hole and have ALWAYS worked my whole life. 

D) MJ and her childhood friend are adorable!!! Tommy and his "adoptive parents" are adorable! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Vanity and misguided ideas of how he thinks he should be living.  He might as well have set fire to that money.  I swear those people don't really live in that house, they probably rent it by the hour when they have a meeting with Reza.  They seem shady.

I would have felt rich with half a mil in the bank.

They are successful business people. I don't know who would want Reza's hair line, but they own Bedhead and several other companies. Als, I don't buy the story of them meeting while walking their dogs. It had to have been set up.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Haven't finished episode yet but so far:

A) Reza has FOR SURE been taken by these investor people.  How can you not take one look at them and realize they're scammers!? I despise Mike but he had the best line with his failed business and Asa's diamond water "no one wants that sh**!" 

B) Adam hasn't looked healthy in a while. Wonder what's up with him. His complexion is...grey?

C) Gigi is "so close with her mom and calls 20 x a day." I hate hearing this from total a**holes like her. I have a shit mother . And I've never been an a**hole and have ALWAYS worked my whole life. 

D) MJ and her childhood friend are adorable!!! Tommy and his "adoptive parents" are adorable! 

Gigi has nothing else to do all day so she calls her Mom.  Why doesn’t she get a normal job already like everyone else.  o work ethic.  Her Father just showers her with money and everything else.  Who would want a woman like that?

• Love 1

Vida is a whole lot of something. “You ignored me from the second I walked in the door!” Like duh. I don’t love MJ’s makeup but I wouldn’t put my face in Vida’s hands either.

That illusion neckline on her dress is driving me batty. But I love her hair and tiara. 

The name embroidered on the veil was a beautiful touch. I’m not crying, you’re crying.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Vida is a whole lot of something. “You ignored me from the second I walked in the door!” Like duh. I don’t love MJ’s makeup but I wouldn’t put my face in Vida’s hands either.

That illusion neckline on her dress is driving me batty. But I love her hair and tiara. 

The name embroidered on the veil was a beautiful touch. I’m not crying, you’re crying.

The illusion thingy looks like it was trimmed with scissors.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I love how much Tommy loves MJ. 

Beautiful wedding. MJ looked beautiful.  It's a whole bunch of nuts from different types of nut trees coming together for a lovely occasion. I think MJ is a very pretty woman. I hope they (MJ & Tommy) have a good time together in the future.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 12
Just now, chenoa333 said:

Beautiful wedding. MJ looked beautiful.  It's a whole bunch of nuts from different types of nut trees coming together for a lovely occasion. I think MJ is a very pretty woman. I hope they have a good time together in thw future.

Me too. Aside from that super long wait for MJ, it’s really personal and kind of fun. I thought it was cute that she was stopping as she went down the aisle.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Adam looks yummy.

Yeah. He's yummy but not pitching for my team! Lol ! I hope Reza can someday, get over his fears,  break down his walls and let Adam love him completely and allow himself to love someone completely. Reza has a great partner. Hope he realizes it before its too late.

• Love 6

Well, MJ looked better once she got to the altar.  I don't know if the makeup got wiped off, sweated off, or someone worked her over with powder.  A young colleague favors that look: stripes of dark base alternated with white sparkly highlights.  And it's....ehhhhhhhhh.  I imagine underneath the makeup mask, she's adorable.  Like I know MJ is.

Why didn't they assign one of the little girls to carry her train down the steps??

Great job by the minister, holding this comedy together & keeping it elegant.

Who knew Mike would prove to be an excellent wedding narrator?

The Shahs looked so genuinely happy for MJ.  I almost bawled.

Looks like:

Spoiler

they're going to stir up a shitstorm at the reunion.  This is prolly contractually obligated.

My favorite season, and it's not even close.  Low on the drama, high on the joy.  They've evolved.  Fingers crossed, they keep up the good work.

• Love 10

"Oh God. Finish already." This is why with Asa refusing to be candid, GG threatening to stab everyone, Mike only banging hos and lying about it, and Reza not so secretly trying to estrange himself from his husband, that Vida is the perennial worst. The man has proclaimed his love for her only child and she's busy rolling her eyes and muttering that he needs to hurry it up. The amount of stuff he's had to work through with MJ is immense. A man who doesn't love her as much as Tommy loves her would have bailed.

Along with Mac's beautiful and devastating coming out dance on It's Always Sunny, Tommy's crass, hilarious, but ultimately heartfelt and besotted vows have had me weeping for a solid 24 hours. 

MJ really needed more fittings on that wedding dress. With the illusion netting as support and her snipping, that thing was going to be circumnavigating her waist in another 30 minutes.

Adam is a dumb dummy who lets Reza get away with fucking murder.

Sue is grudgingly admitting that Mike might possibly maybe a little bit be at fault in the demise of his marriage. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

The makeup artist wasn't Persian, was she? 

All the makeup stuff reminded me of my sister's wedding a few years ago. We're Persian (in case you hadn't heard by now), and the (white) makeup artist slathered on too much heavy makeup on me. My sister can pull off heavy makeup and dark liner and has sharp cheekbones that balanced out the emphasis on the eyes and looked fabulous, but since I have genetic permanent dark circles under my eyes, I'm not the biggest fan of heavy lower liner, which is exactly what the makeup artist did with my eye makeup. It's not like I looked bad, but to me personally, it didn't feel at all like me. We already have naturally genetically "dramatic" features, they really don't need even more emphasis. I thought Destiney's makeup looked good though. MJ should have used that makeup artist instead!

Also I guess LA Persian weddings are different than all the Persian weddings I've gone to, because all the extra boobage hanging out from the ladies would have gotten major side eye from the rest of the guests. 

ETA: What a hot ass mess of a wedding. Yikes. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Speaking of “Scam Artists” a quick story.  This week, my husband and I got a call from a lawyer saying my Grandson was in jail with a DUI in a car accident with a broken nose, and he didn’t want his Father (my son)to know.  He said, to get him out of jail, we should go to Western Union and send $995.00 CASH to an address to the Dominican Republic to some women’s name.  We called my son and his wife,and my Grandson was sleeping in his bed.  This Con Artist called me back in about an hour after all that and I told him a few things that  I don’t want to repeat.  Everyone on here, BEWARE of these phone calls.  They are Con Artists thinking seniors are stupid.  I’ll bet a lot of Grandparents send the money.

OMG! @Gem This attempted scam has happened to my parents three times! The first time they got my dad who has dementia and the person said it was his grandson and in jail with a broken nose and needed $600 for bail. When he asked which grandson, he said my nephews name, Michael (who it is not implausible that this could happen to him, but there is NO WAY he would ever call my parents). My mom thought my dad was confused and dreamed it with all of his memory problems and then a few weeks later she got the same call! She said the person said he was a lawyer and calling for her grandson who needed money for bail in Atlantic City. His name even popped up on the caller ID. My mom asked which grandson, and again the person said Michael!! But she said it sounded strange and she hung up. She called the number back and the guy answered saying his name and she asked a question and he hung up, so she knew it was a scam. Now months later, I am at my parents house and answered the phone and got the same call saying it’s your grandson and need money. I asked a very skeptical question and they hung up. Someone in the community where my parents live got this similar call and sent a lot of money to the person because she thought her grandchild was in trouble. So this is definitely a huge scam going on and targeted at older people. I have no idea how they knew my nephews first name or if it was a lucky guess— be careful and warn seniors, as they seem to be being targeted. 

As for something on topic, MJ’s speech was hella awkward and she was drunk-naming every person in the room as she noticed them. I think she really was grateful and wanted to thank everyone and feeling mushy and she kept naming more people to include them too... yet it was a drunk rambling list a la Bubba naming every shrimp for days in Forrest Gump. Tommy’s “great speech! Yeah keep naming people!  Hahahaha!!” was so hilariously right on and EXACTLY what was happening, which is why I love Tommy; however it was inappropriate to yell it out and he seemed to be laughing AT her in the moment when she was floundering when I feel like that was a time that he could have stepped up to be supportive and help her move along in the speech as a partner, instead of making fun of her. He then could have made fun of her in private and they could have a good laugh about her ridiculousness and she would have named people for 4 days and I think MJ would laugh about it after too. But in the moment, she needed support and not to be jeered at from her groom— especially since he was not very involved in the planning and it was all MJ and it was clearly rushed and not organized and she was very stressed about all the wedding events. I was sad to be disappointed in Tommy because I want to really like him for MJ. Tommy’s comment was hysterical if it was made at brunch the next day and he was not the groom; yet as the groom, I felt he could have helped her out instead of pointing and laughing at her. Do a little better Tommy and give her some support in this stressful process and help her enjoy it!! Stop laughing and take this seriously. I was rooting for you! We were ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!! (™️ Tyra ANTM meltdown) ?

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

MJ was a gorgeous bride and I liked her dress! However, when she was walking down the "aisle" and stopping to talk to everybody I thought she was drunk and the speech she gave to Tommy was so classless not because of what she was saying but because he started immaturely laughing at her and she told him to STFU. They were fighting right there in front of everybody and the officiant!  Wow, what an awful and embarrassing shit show. I can't believe Vida didn't lose her mind over that. The reception was nice and made up for the vows. 

• Love 4

I thought it was interesting that so many of Shervin’s family was there. The dudes were adorable with his nephew.

i wonder how many drugs MJ was on because there is no way she was that calm without being helped chemically.

• Love 4

Wow, I was stunned at the wedding ceremony, What a couple of classless buffoons.  Swearing and arguing during the vows, tacky. The upper part of her dress was a mess, looked like someone hacked at it with dull scissors. Her greeting everyone coming down the aisle, has she never been to a wedding before?  Walk down the aisle already, you have already kept these people waiting for an hour. (Did I see a Prince impersonator in the crowd? Lol) But again, that damn dress was a travesty, her jumpsuit for the reception was amazing and she looked amazing in it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MJ and Tommy and think they are perfect for one another, but geeze, pull your shit together for ONE day, in fact, ONE hour for the ceremony then go crazy.

Reza, Reza, Reza, I had second hand embarrassment at your "speech"  Again with the swearing, not necessary. Such a beautiful chic room wasted on these tacky people.

Everyone else looked great but I couldn't wrap my head around Mona's dress, why the long train that you have to hold up all night? The dress was beautiful though. Destiny, go away, Yaaassss. Sure hope she isn't back next year although I'm certain she will be back with her stupid "looking for daddy" storyline.

All in all, I'm happy for both MJ and Tommy and hope the reunion delivers!

• Love 9

Agree that the beautiful venue and all the expense of this wedding was wasted on 2 people who are like the gypsies or trailer trash we see on other reality shows. I do not like MJ or think she is funny or cute and I can’t understand why so many people allow her to behave so  ridiculously all the time. But then, there really isn’t one person in this franchise that I find tolerable at all. This was my first season & probably my last. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Me too. Aside from that super long wait for MJ, it’s really personal and kind of fun. I thought it was cute that she was stopping as she went down the aisle.

I agree. Even though there was a lot of trashy behavior/language, I kind of loved it. Would be my wedding, but I'd have fun at someone else's. Vida was completely crazy and her makeup was also a bit much, but I agreed with her on MJ looking "like a Chinese" and then "like wood." Loved how the friends' families were there. Another sign that these are true friends and not fake friends like on other shows. My love for Nema grows.

• Love 5

I’m pretty sure that all that light powder on MJ was “baking.” It’s pretty popular among YouTube and Instagram “makeup artists” and it’s designed to set your makeup and make the finish more smooth. The irony is, a lot of people think it doesn’t really benefit anyone much past their 20s and it actually makes your lines show up more.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 2

Vida cracked me up.  "Right now you look Chinese." Lmao! But she's pretty much a wayyy nicer & normal version of my own mother. She has some love in her heart. It seems everyone knows how to deal w/ her. Reza had it right "I love Vida Joon but she is a straight up hater." 

MJ looked nice but I liked the hair and jumpsuit at the reception much better and she should've worn it for the ceremony as well. It would've been comfortable and stopped her from getting stuck. I was a laid back bride also and had less people helping me and just more people getting on my back. 

Vows were embarrassing as hell. Mike's face was just cringing the entire ceremony towards MJ. I saw eye rolls at Reza's man of honor speech also. Shocked Reza didn't speak about Shams but rather Tommy's best man did. I would think a woman of MJs age would have better composure at her wedding . 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Wow MJ is shitfaced!

No kidding. I came on this site expecting that would be the first thing someone posted.  MJ was the one worried about Tommy being trashed too.  Did anyone notice her taking a pill after Vida went off on the makeup artist.  I wonder if it reacted bad with the alcohol she was drinking?  She reminded me of the movie 16 candles.  Molly Ringwald's sister took a bunch of valium because she had menstraual cramps.  I almost expected MJ to announce to the attendees that she too had her period!

13 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I've never seen a wedding like that.

I'm surprised MJ didn't step on her dress or train and rip it.  How ridiculous that the veil was pulling back like that.  And greeting people while walking down the aisle. She wasn't going to perform at a concert.  Loved that Tommy's adopted parents were so happy for him.  Vida putting on lipstick during the ceremony,  hope that was just editing.  The reception venue was gorgeous.  Thought it was creepy though for the hand coming out of the flower wall, handing out the table  number cards.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 5

How many people were at the wedding? Was it ever mentioned? I thought Persians usually have around 500 people or so-correct me If I'm wrong. I felt like mostly just the cast and a few dozen others were at the ceremony. Not sure about the reception. The cameras only focus on the main players. So if they panned the shots out, would it reveal around 500 people? It almost feels like it's "all for TV" then there was a separate, more traditional and CLASSY Persian ceremony held elsewhere at another time. 

Nema needs to get far away from GG. She used to act like a rabid 35 year old. Now she acts like a high 18 year old. Not working, sister. The grin she flashes every time they show the ring appraisal is just gross. 

I wish Destiney would also get off my screen.  She is one annoying, fake poseur.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

How many people were at the wedding? Was it ever mentioned? I thought Persians usually have around 500 people or so-correct me If I'm wrong. I felt like mostly just the cast and a few dozen others were at the ceremony. Not sure about the reception. The cameras only focus on the main players. So if they panned the shots out, would it reveal around 500 people? It almost feels like it's "all for TV" then there was a separate, more traditional and CLASSY Persian ceremony held elsewhere at another time. 

Nema needs to get far away from GG. She used to act like a rabid 35 year old. Now she acts like a high 18 year old. Not working, sister. The grin she flashes every time they show the ring appraisal is just gross. 

I wish Destiney would also get off my screen.  She is one annoying, fake poseur.

One of the best things about this group is that they are not just a cast. With a very few exceptions, they've all known each other since they were children or teens That's the wedding.

• Love 8

It almost feels like it's "all for TV" then there was a separate, more traditional and CLASSY Persian ceremony held elsewhere at another time. 

I had the same thought about ceremony size--when they panned out, it seemed small for what a traditional Persian wedding would be, and I wondered if this was just for TV.

• Love 3

Dang, i used to think Tommy was a big ol' CREEP, but he really did stick with mj. I guess i was wrong. 

The jumpsuit was a thousand times better on mj than the dress. Her makeup was better as was her hair (although it was pretty messy). 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I also have to add that I just can’t see where MJ has lost weight or toned up??

I can't see it either. I think she gained at least 20 lbs over the course of the season, from when she was training and running in the beginning. Baby got back now! She's huge. And I don't think she cares. It's kind of cool. I think, as far as trimming down for the wedding goes, she peaked early. I had the same problem with my wedding, though not nearly to the same extent. Annnnnnd that is the only thing MJ and I have in common whatsoever lol.

20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Wow MJ is shitfaced!

She was...So. Fucked. Up. When she was getting her makeup done, she could barely speak. She and Tommy exchanging "vows" at the ceremony...he, being easily 17 drinks in, and she being high as a kite on at least alcohol and pot (probably more), slouching, shifting their weight, fighting, cursing. At first, I was like, "holy shit, this is gonna get annulled or not even happen." But then, as it went on and on, I sorta started to dig it. Two people meant for each other. Why not? 

They were insanely fucked up though. I highly doubt they even remember it. Guess that's what cameras are for!

Destiney, that dress was not your friend. Please exit stage left hun. You're insufferable.

• Love 8