Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

What is it with Carol wearing these boudoir style outfits? Maybe they're okay inside the boudoir, but to walk around outside in them - ugh!!  Have you noticed also that since she started being close to Tinsley, she dressing in lacey things a lot, like she's emulating Tinsley.  How old is she now?? Ugh!  Also, if Carol is dropping Beth as a friend over the amount of text messages, she's a flakey friend.  I noticed  she used the phrase "It's a lot" a lot.  But I still want to know what was in those texts that was too much for Carol.  READ THE TEXTS CAROL!  

I’m in a private Facebook group with a couple thousand women. One woman asked people’s opinions about something similar: she was recently seeing a guy who doesn’t always respond to her texts quickly enough for her liking. That spawned at least 100 responses with people falling on both sides of the spectrum—some didn’t think an immediate response was necessary (they’d return the text with a call when they had a moment to call or they’d send a text when they had a moment to engage in a long text conversation); others thought it was rude not to respond as soon as the person received the text.

It really boils down to how people view texts and their purpose.

5 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'm not a Bethenny fan, but you made a good point earlier that Carole "used" her.  I agree.  Carole is really cunning.  She's just very subtle & casual about it & would deny being cunning up to the wazoo, but she is absolutely cunning nevertheless.  Sure, it's driving Bethenny nuts that Carole ain't living in her ass anymore.  But Carole has to know that.  It's like she's working Bethenny purposely.  She did it last ep & she's doing it this ep -- I mean driving it home to Bethenny (in a shit-ton of not-so-subtle ways) that she ain't into her.  It's pretty mean.  Yeah, Bethenny is spewing venom at Carole.  But the nastiness is cutting both ways.

Let's keep in mind, Carole got a lot out of a friendship with Bethenny.  She mentioned all the trips (last ep) where she invited Carole and Adam -- which we can assume she likely paid for (at least mostly).  And the many times she invited Carole to her Hamptons house.  Was the price of this for Carole to live up Bethenny's ass?  Well, that was her choice.  Did Carole finally have enough of living in Bethenny's ass?  She coulda eased outta this friendship in a kinder way.  I'm on Bethenny's side in this feud.  I don't like watching Bethenny spewing venom & putting a target on someone's back, but Carole hurt her pretty good, so she set this up.

This is such a Jill thing. When Jill accused Bethenny of using her, Bethenny wasn’t having it. Because the implication was that somehow Bethenny never had access to places like the Hamptons without Jill’s generosity. Similarly, the idea that Carole would’ve never had access to the Hamptons or the Bahamas (the same Carole who had vacationed in St Barth’s during winter, rather than in that second rate winter vacay spot Alex and Simon tried to pass off as better winter vacationing than St Barth’s) without Bethenny is too ridiculous to even take seriously. 

I know regular folks here in DC who aren’t making, you know, $500K for half a year’s work (that’s the low end I’m putting Carole’s Bravo salary after five seasons) who’ve managed to make it to Dubai. You mean to tell me that Carole wouldn’t be able to get to Dubai and do Dubai in luxury without Bethenny’s largesse? 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I’m in a private Facebook group with a couple thousand women. One woman asked people’s opinions about something similar: she was recently seeing a guy who doesn’t always respond to her texts quickly enough for her liking. That spawned at least 100 responses with people falling on both sides of the spectrum—some didn’t think an immediate response was necessary (they’d return the text with a call when they had a moment to call or they’d send a text when they had a moment to engage in a long text conversation); others thought it was rude not to respond as soon as the person received the text.

It really boils down to how people view texts and their purpose.

This is such a Jill thing. When Jill accused Bethenny of using her, Bethenny wasn’t having it. Because the implication was that somehow Bethenny never had access to places like the Hamptons without Jill’s generosity. Similarly, the idea that Carole would’ve never had access to the Hamptons or the Bahamas (the same Carole who had vacationed in St Barth’s during winter, rather than in that second rate winter vacay spot Alex and Simon tried to pass off as better winter vacationing than St Barth’s) without Bethenny is too ridiculous to even take seriously. 

I know regular folks here in DC who aren’t making, you know, $500K for half a year’s work (that’s the low end I’m putting Carole’s Bravo salary after five seasons) who’ve managed to make it to Dubai. You mean to tell me that Carole wouldn’t be able to get to Dubai and do Dubai in luxury without Bethenny’s largesse? 

Nope. I'm sure she has other friends she can and does use. But I doubt she can afford all the travelling she does on her in dime exclusively.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Nope. I'm sure she has other friends she can and does use. But I doubt she can afford all the travelling she does on her in dime exclusively.

I really beg to differ. Someone who might be making $500K a year can definitely afford to travel the way that Carole does. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I really beg to differ. Someone who might be making $500K a year can definitely afford to travel the way that Carole does. 

Plus, I read somewhere that Carole was worth somewhere around 3-5 million?  That ain’t hay if it’s true.  Did Anthony leave her much?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Plus, I read somewhere that Carole was worth somewhere around 3-5 million?  That ain’t hay if it’s true.  Did Anthony leave her much?

I’m going to respond in Carole’s thread. :)

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I think Bethenny is a narcissist, and I think Carole just got tired of indulging her.

I agree, completely.  Bethenny is a narcissist.  The question remains, though, why did Carole play confidante, cuddlebuddy, houseguest and puppet to her for all these years? Is she that stupid or.....

6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Let's keep in mind, Carole got a lot out of a friendship with Bethenny.  She mentioned all the trips (last ep) where she invited Carole and Adam -- which we can assume she likely paid for (at least mostly).  And the many times she invited Carole to her Hamptons house.  Was the price of this for Carole to live up Bethenny's ass?  Well, that was her choice.  

Nailed it.

Now, Carole has Tinsley's genero$ity to fall back on.

With the added bonus of not having to live up Tinsley's backside - because Tinsley, unlike Beth, doesn't seem like the sort of friend that requires that. Carole is now the alpha.

Well played, Radzi.

• Love 11

Does anyone know what was located on that island the ladies went to on the boat?  It appeared to be a lovely cabana.  Was it attached to some type of hotel?  Since it was so great, why didn't they spend the night there? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I’m sure that she could except someone had to pay for Adam. I don’t think Carole wanted to pay for Adam and why would she if her then friend Bethenny offered to. 

• Love 2
On 8/1/2018 at 11:37 PM, ancslove said:

Who were the editors trying to target, showing that fashion moment with Carole and Tinsley, that Bethenny couldn't stand?  I want to say that they were targeting Bethenny, since her reaction was OTT and she'd just gone on an epic shopping spree the previous episode, and yet I was on B's side here.  That conversation was the definition of inane.  It's not just that they were discussing fashion.  But is pairing a headwrap/scarf with a hat really so incredible?  Without the show, how long will Carole be able to stand Tinsley?

As for Dorinda, does she really not see the link between her over-drinking and her dark, furious outbursts?  She does have a turning point, and Luann's only mistake was not seeing it soon enough.  She'd already turned, not "was starting to turn".

If Scott ever dumps Tinsley, Carole will dump Tinsley too. For now she'll keep her near so she can get Coupon Cabin gigs for herself and Adam.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

This was Tinsley on this episode

giphy.gif

I hope this is Tinsley soon:

What do you mean you're not going to Wifey me Scott?????? It's not FAIR!!!!

raccoon1.gif

You may be onto something, KFB.  I woke up and watched this episode at about 2:00 a.m., and noticed my friendly raccoon lounging on my cat bed outside my window, watching the entire show quite intently.  Whether she likes housewives in general or Tinsley in particular is still to be determined.  ;-)

She did sit up and scratch herself vigorously when Sonja was flashing & mooning everyone.  Coinky-dinky?  I think not.  That scene made me itchy, too.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I agree, completely.  Bethenny is a narcissist.  The question remains, though, why did Carole play confidante, cuddlebuddy, houseguest and puppet to her for all these years? Is she that stupid or.....

Nailed it.

With the added bonus of not having to live up Tinsley's backside - because Tinsley, unlike Beth, doesn't seem like the sort of friend that requires that. Carole is now the alpha.

Well played, Radzi.

I think Carol has plenty of her own money and plenty of access to wealthy people who would invite her to be a house guest. I don't think that was why she bestied up to B. Carol's ultimate goal seems to wanting to be seen as a cool girl, and she thought B was just that. She somehow equivalates being a mean girl with being cool. Their behavior at Jules house was one example of this. They were disgusting and she was loving it. I think they were both homely as kids and probably on the receiving end of some bullying. And bullying begets bullies. Carol is a lot of things but dumb is not one of them. When the relationship turned, she could see that she would now be B's target and bowed out.

• Love 5
On 8/1/2018 at 11:48 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

No Dorinda, at the end of the day, Lu was trying to help you save face, but Dorinda is a freaking feral animal, and so deep in furious denial that she is going to hold onto this forever, or until she decides that she's had enough.

I'm with Lu, darn it! Dorinda went dark. If Dorinda weren't feeling so ashamed and defensive she would not have gone off like that.

Dorinda is angry with Luann, the liquor allowed her to projectile vomit those thoughts out.

I think she is mad at Luann because of Bethenny & Sonja.

The ex-Countess slap - was because Luann did not defend her enough at the Hamptons breakfast as well as not backing Dorinda up when she was berating Sonja for the crest

She also doesn't want Bethenny to have any allies and Luann isn't helping her and Carole ice out Bethenny.

Her anger at Bethenny stems from the coke comments from the reunion as well as you're a drunk from the plane trip.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

She lives in New York, I don't think she has a cheap morgage, and her selling used clothes and Coupon Cabin ads lead me to believe  she is at the least cash conscious. It's not the plane tickets that would  be expensive to her, but the luxery accomodations. I don't think she would not travel as extensively on her own dime. But we can agree to disagree.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, I went back and looked again at the boat ride from hell footage.  Editing definitely at play.  There were life jackets because at one point you see Dorinda inside with an orange life jacket on.  We also get to see Lu slide twice on the floor in the back.  I guess they liked that clip so much they played it twice to enhance the drama.

Lu did fall twice.  Once when Beth was still seated with her hat on, and another time Beth was already on the ground with a puking Carole. Here's what was normal about that trip:  Chop.  Waves happen. Our boat, which is about 5 feet shorter than that one, when it hits a trough, sometimes it's enough to knock the fillings out of your teeth. Fiberglass vessel being airborne for a second and then slamming down on the water when it bottoms out, is startling and it can hurt if you're not prepared/braced. Sometimes a cooler will slide around. Beach bags will fall off the bed. However, only twice have I ever been knocked off my feet. That's dangerous as hell.  The Coast Guard, and probably the captain knew that a front was coming through and that's why they hustled them off the island.  Weather is unpredictible.  

That said, the captain should have made sure, knowing that the sea would be rough, to put away any flying objects including furniture. Life jackets should have been at the ready, and the ladies should have been told to sit down and not move around the deck and cabin.

Boating 101

Edited by ryebread
Because feelings are not the same as fillings.
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Actually, an alcoholic is the perfect person to call out another alcoholic. AA is built on identification, one alcoholic helping another. 

That makes sense, but has LuAnn admitted to being an alcoholic?  I’m not sure she identifies this way...despite going to rehab twice!  I’m one of those who thinks LuAnn’s rehab stints are for pr, not to address a real problem, and I think LuAnn thinks that too.   We wouldn’t know If she’s in AA unless she has admitted it, but I’m willing to be that she is not -unless she is attending to bolster her legal defense.  She’s just pretending that she is getting the help that she needs to get out of legal trouble.   That’s why it’s preposterous for her to be chastising Dorinda.  Moreover, a real alcoholic working the program would know that it’s futile to reason with a drunk while they are drinking, right?   LuAnn is running several games simulataneously with the cop incident, her persona on the show, her persona in real life, and her legal trouble with her ex/children.... so no matter what sage advice she gives, it lacks all credibility and sincerity.  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She lives in New York, I don't think she has a cheap morgage, and her selling used clothes and Coupon Cabin ads lead me to believe  she is at the least cash conscious. It's not the plane tickets that would  be expensive to her, but the luxery accomodations. I don't think she would not travel as extensively on her own dime. But we can agree to disagree.

She, herself, even scoffs at the reports that she makes XX millions. Maybe she's fibbing, who knows? But, unless Bethenny is lying, Carole and Adam tagged along on a couple expensive vacations. I can't imagine if I had the money to pay for my boyfriend to go along, that I would let my friend pay for him.

And further, if I was the guy, I wouldn't let my girlfriend's friend pay my way either.  Man/child.

In addition to Carole's coupon cabin gigs, don't forget her shilling for Dunkin Donuts and the used car dealership in Pennsylvania.  So unlike Lee Rad-zee-will.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Rap541 said:

So I am not an upper class psycho like this women, and I would never leave a hotel room with feces on the floor but...

Staff at fancy hotels do get paid. Part of why you pay thru the nose for fancy hotels is because you're paying the staff to fetch you more alcohol as you and your friends have raging fights at the fancy dinner table. Part of what you pay for is yes, indeed, for the staff to unpack your bags, hang up your clothes and generally do what you ask of them, like make you special meals and bring you snacks. It even involves them changing your sheets and cleaning up your messes and you don't have to kiss the staff's ass because you do tip and they do actually get paid.  I've never understood the shock and horror at the idea of Ramona expecting staff to assist with her unpacking or with putting in special meal requests. Thats part of the service. 

I personally would have made an effort to clean up the floor and I wouldn't have mentioned crapping the bed as leaving a surprise but a) I really don't think anyone shit the floor or the bed because they *wanted to*, they all seemed to be ill and b) if Ramona was found cleaning the floor or Luann was scrubbing the bed, they would both be stopped by staff because that is the staff's job.

Luann's comment was out of line - too gleeful for my tastes - but expecting the housemaids to change the bed after an accident? Yeah, they do get paid for that. 

*Can we give the "Evelyn" thing a rest? It feels like some secret joke only certain people are in on. 

I agree. They pay the hotel staff. Guests tip them. But I doubt the woman scrubbing Lu’s bed earned that high a wage. 

The decent thing to do is to try to clean up after yourself.  

“Ladies,” please: choose to do the decent thing in life. 

• Love 10
On 8/2/2018 at 9:00 AM, Vanderboom said:

"Ramona, do you know how to beat-box?"

"Boom. Boom. Boom."

Oh, Ramona. You are tragically un-hip.

Ramona has always heard a different tune from the rest of us.

That's what makes her a spazztacular dancer. I love the rhythmically challenged Crazy Noodle

rs_500x281-170401085904-ramonasinger2.gi

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, lampwick said:

.... so no matter what sage advice she gives, it lacks all credibility and sincerity.  

I agree.  However, I think Luann really cares for Dorinda and was just trying to warn her and not chastise her.

I'll bet Luann wishes she would have had a friend in Palm Beach warning her that she was "starting to turn".  Even if it would have been coming from a drunk like Dorinda.

• Love 9

Maybe it’s because I am the mom of a nine-year-old boy, but it bothered me, what happened to that dead crab’s body. I am always telling my son to respect other creatures. (I know that it’s minor compared to all the other stuff.)

• Love 22

No time - I don’t think LuAnn turned until the cops were arresting her?  Wasn’t she about to hook up in someone else’s room right before?  I don’t think it was a progression into foul behavior, she snapped when she realized the cops were not amused by her behavior and weren’t accepting her explanation.  Admittedly, I do believe she thought she was being wrongly arrested at the time because she thought she was in her own room and couldn’t understand what the problem was....she thought her belligerence was warranted.  She probably thought she was going to sue them once they realized their mistake...  now the fleeing and attacking stuff was pure alcohol fueled frenzy fight or flight response.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I guess it varies but based on what she texted to the red scarf guy I completely got what Carrol meant. People have different text languages but based on how they were talking about it there will be gaps of time where they aren’t regularly communicating and then she suddenly gets a burst of texts which are more conversational and not something that needs an immediate response. 

I think that's what Carol was saying about Bethenny. It makes perfect sense based on how she behaved when she couldn't get Dennis on the phone (did she even give it a chance to ring?) to send his private plane to rescue her like a damsel in distress (because she can't book a flight and get her own ass out of the country? I'm still lost on that one). 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe it’s because I am the mom of a nine-year-old boy, but it bothered me, what happened to that dead crab’s body. I am always telling my son to respect other creatures. (I know that it’s minor compared to all the other stuff.)

I thought it was just me. It bothered me a lot. 

• Love 18
21 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Or it was a joke. 

Carole has shown that smugness before that comes across as elitist poseur. See her little man child that showed his ass using baby to get on a plane with  her as a service dog. Let Luann do that or one of her kids, or men. The same with her going to occupy Wall Street. “ are we the 1%”

Humble bragging. She does this a lot. So does Bethany.  That doesn’t excuse Carole. She isn’t funny imo. She’s corny AF like her former BFF. 

I am over her and can’t wait until she’s gone.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I agree.  However, I think Luann really cares for Dorinda and was just trying to warn her and not chastise her.

I'll bet Luann wishes she would have had a friend in Palm Beach warning her that she was "starting to turn".  Even if it would have been coming from a drunk like Dorinda.

Yeah, why didn’t the dude that LuAnn was with diffuse the situation with the police?  I never understood that...what a coward.  Out of all the things to be arrested for...being in someone else’s room accidentally and not stealing anything...somehow it went from molehill to mountain in a hurry.  LuAnn must have said some countessy things to piss them off.. at the very least I’m sure she was dismissive of their authority which wouldn’t have gone over well.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm going to answer this in Carole's thread.

14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

She, herself, even scoffs at the reports that she makes XX millions. Maybe she's fibbing, who knows? But, unless Bethenny is lying, Carole and Adam tagged along on a couple expensive vacations. I can't imagine if I had the money to pay for my boyfriend to go along, that I would let my friend pay for him.

And further, if I was the guy, I wouldn't let my girlfriend's friend pay my way either.  Man/child.

In addition to Carole's coupon cabin gigs, don't forget her shilling for Dunkin Donuts and the used car dealership in Pennsylvania.  So unlike Lee Rad-zee-will.

I mean...

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

I am over her and can’t wait until she’s gone.

I agree, wholeheartedly, with all the rest that you said with the exception of the above. I will miss Writer Girl.

I'd rather see Dorinda go.  Carole is annoying AF and a follower, but Doris makes me sad and a little bit angry.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, SailorGirl said:

EDIT TO ADD: WTH was up with being all judgey about the street coconut waters and fresh fruit for sale? For so-called international cosmopolitan travelers, they seem ignorant of how common this is in tropical countries -- and how unbelievably refreshing the coconut water is. I had one every day when I was in Thailand, ate Thai street food and fruit, and it was some of the best food I ever ate. Same with the coconut water in Aruba. 

I would like to add IF you have issues about street food but really are thirsty then coconut water out of the coconut is the way to go.  Even germaphobe friends will do that but they don’t use the straw because, germs.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Nailed it.

Well played, Radzi.

Man, Carole sure made some lousy choices, eh?  And because of those bad choices, she's off the show now.  And if we're to believe Bethenny (and I do), it was not her choice.  At this point, she was making hundreds of thousands.  Would she really give that up for a nonexistent writing or "producing" career?  She said a few years ago when they were re-negotiating contracts, she needs the dough.

Look, I called this long ago, when she was living in Bethenny's ass -- that this was a terrible choice for Carole to make.  And I knew it wouldn't end well.  

• Love 13
On 8/2/2018 at 11:30 AM, sasha206 said:

I was thinking Dorinda had a light-bulb moment during the trip that she's a nasty drunk who needs help esp. with her "21 days" comment.  But on WWHL she doubled down.   She doesn't have a problem!  She was on holiday!  Only had a couple!  

I don't think Andy wants to pin her down because drunk Dorinda makes for great TV.  

I don't think Dorinda will ever publicly acknowledge that she has a drinking problem. If she were ever to go to rehab voluntarily it would kept secret. Either she is on an extended holiday or gone to therapy for anger management

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Either she is on an extended holiday or gone to therapy for anger management

It's interesting that Dorinda will admit to having a problem with anger but not alcohol. And that's probably because she loves alcohol so much that if she admits she is an alcoholic she knows she won't be able to drink publicly again.

When she was crying to Bethenny and saying that she knew she hurt Luann, I saw real remorse on her face. But it didn't last long because she doubled down on that later in the day and then on Watch What Happens Live.

I have to assume she treats John and Hannah and other loved ones that way too. Then feels remorse and apologizes the next day. The guilt and remorse must be horrible to live with on the daily. Get some help, Doris. Admitting you've got issues with anger, you're halfway there.

• Love 7

Meant to bring this up earlier - had to laugh at gaslighter Carole saying essentially Bethenny's antics due to their friction was ruining everyone's trip. Seemed to me, while I'm sure the other women would have liked peace and calm, were all doing just fine having an enjoyable time prior to Carole "addressing the elephant" in the room - and well, prior to Dorinda being her usual ugly drunk self at Luanne - which was happening at the very same time Carole was addressing the elephant... Pfft. Can't she just own her issue without using others as an excuse - and without venting to each and every one of them? Also, I'm confused by the notion that some folks have brought up, that everyone refuses to film with Bethenny. The only ones who will likely be left next season - barring any unforeseen cast changes, that have issues with BF are Dorinda and Ramona - and really just Ramona - because Dorinda can make it nice when need be (as long as she hasn't had a cocktail or 20). I'm pretty sure without Carole's constant angst about BF and the falling apart of their relationship - the others would have been fine filming with her. Sonja and Luanne seem to have no issue working with BF this season - I presume this will continue into next... But I'll wrap this up since it's diverting from my original point, although connected - with Carole saying "everyone's trip" was being impacted. Speak for yourself writer gurl...

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Dorinda will ever publicly acknowledge that she has a drinking problem.

On  WWHL, I thought it was quite telling the way that Andy Cohen and Isaac Mizrahi were looking at her with that "you're shitting me" look when she said that she's not a drunk and doesn't have a problem.  It was that elephant in the room moment.  Again, I sure hope she doesn't have her own mugshot moment or worse in order for her to see how out of control she gets when drinking. She claimed that she only had 1 drink when she insulted LuAnn.  Sure.  And I was born yesterday. 

But I'll wrap this up since it's diverting from my original point, although connected - with Carole saying "everyone's trip" was being impacted.

My enjoyment of their trip was impacted by Bethenny's incessant bitching, whining and crying.   It was a real downer for me.  ;)

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 18

It's interesting that Dorinda will admit to having a problem with anger but not alcohol. And that's probably because she loves alcohol so much that if she admits she is an alcoholic she knows she won't be able to drink publicly again.

More likely, Dorinda realizes that socially being an admitted alcoholic or drunk is socially not ok. Having a problem with anger is something that can be dealt with. Having a problem with alcohol is a disease that, per many sources, is permanent. You're never cured. You are always an alcoholic and the only real cure is to never ever drink again and once you're labeled as an alcoholic, everyone is always watching and nattering when you have a drink in your hand that you've "gone off the wagon" and are drunk again with your disease that will never get better. 

There's a reason Luann has not called herself an alcoholic despite multiple rehabs. Luann is trying to avoid the public label so that she *can* drink publically again... and I don't think it will work because ours views towards alcohol are fairly set. It's been pounded into us for a long time now that alcoholics must NEVER drink again and every time they do, they are "fallen".  I wouldn't want to deal with the public shaming over indulging in a a perfectly legal habit. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I thought it was just me. It bothered me a lot. 

When the camera zoomed in on the torn off leg, it really embodied what these broads are all about: pure crass.   

• Love 7

Bethenny is lying about RHONY never having a cast member quit. 

Bethenny was also lying when she cried about never going through a “friend breakup “ with a close friend- what bout Jill Zarin ??!! 

Wonder what else she lied about? 

• Love 14

At some point on the boat ride day, Sonja was in fine form and dancing around and feeling no pain....then one of the ladies asked her if she was drinking and she said yes. It was as if, she had NOT been drinking and now was drinking and having a grand time with it. (Recall that Sonja made a previous comment BEFORE the trip that she had not been drinking alcohol. I think it may have been when rehearsing with Luann and her music team.) Sonja also had that DWI, so, I think that what we are seeing on Ship Happens with Dorinda, we have seen similar events with Sonja.  So, I'm not so sure that much will become of things after the season is wrapped up.  Maybe, they'll start back on Ramona's drinking next season or put it on Tinsley.   I doubt, they will put Bethenny into that lineup.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

On  WWHL, I thought it was quite telling the way that Andy Cohen and Isaac Mizrahi were looking at her with that "you're shitting me" look when she said that she's not a drunk and doesn't have a problem.  It was that elephant in the room moment.  Again, I sure hope she doesn't have her own mugshot moment or worse in order for her to see how out of control she gets when drinking. She claimed that she only had 1 drink when she insulted LuAnn.  Sure.  And I was born yesterday. 

If, in fact, this is true, she does have a serious drinking problem.

I like the occasional cocktail, never could drink like these pros, but I don't go into cage fight mode after "one" very stiff drink.

Dorinda's devolving behavior is tough to watch and yet fascinating. Even Sonia said she is spiraling, and she should know about spiraling.

I get the concept of denial, but when she see's herself on film and dismisses what we have seen, while immediately lacing on the boxing gloves, it's bad. Maybe she doesn't watch? Maybe those closest to her are afraid of her violent behavior/mouth to say anything?  Dorinda has made numerous comments about wanting to drink. She's got a death grip on her fight for alcohol.

Her behavior has gone from entertaining to problematic. 

Reunion and next season should be interesting.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

At some point on the boat ride day, Sonja was in fine form and dancing around and feeling no pain....then one of the ladies asked her if she was drinking and she said yes. It was as if, she had NOT been drinking and now was drinking and having a grand time with it. (Recall that Sonja made a previous comment BEFORE the trip that she had not been drinking alcohol. I think it may have been when rehearsing with Luann and her music team.) Sonja also had that DWI, so, I think that what we are seeing on Ship Happens with Dorinda, we have seen similar events with Sonja.  So, I'm not so sure that much will become of things after the season is wrapped up.  Maybe, they'll start back on Ramona's drinking next season or put it on Tinsley.   I doubt, they will put Bethenny into that lineup.  

I think Sonja has said that she made a conscious decision not to drink on camera or during the season's filming (or perhaps even both). I wonder if Dorinda would ever even make that concession. They film for a good four or five months it seems. With the way Dorinda drinks (and how she really thinks that she has no problems with alcohol), it would be a feat for her to give up alcohol for four or five months of the year. 

• Love 4

I may be in the minority here but I thought the Colombia trip was a bust.    There wasn't much about it that was interesting let alone fun and it wasn't all because of Bethenny and Carole.  Neither one of them helped but just about everything else was awful with this trip.  The house/resort wasn't very nice. The shopping spree was boring and finally the boat trip was disappointing.    I have no interest in Tinsley and her glam squad (Bravo please don't turn NY into BH).  Who goes on a boat ride to a private beach in full makeup?  (TInsley the wannabe wifey)

The best scenes were the OGs,  Slurinda's latest meltdown, Bethenny comforting LuAnn and cleaning up Slurinda's lipstick.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

She claimed that she only had 1 drink when she insulted LuAnn.  Sure.  And I was born yesterday. 

We saw that Dorinda was drinking a margarita when she insulted Luann. Later when she recounted the fight, she said she had 2 glasses of wine. I think she might have said that it was just 1 glass of wine later on the island. Which is it? Or is it all of the above? 1 margarita + 2 glasses of wine + 1 glass of wine = Slurinda rampage. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:
On 8/2/2018 at 9:00 AM, Vanderboom said:

"Ramona, do you know how to beat-box?"

"Boom. Boom. Boom."

Oh, Ramona. You are tragically un-hip.

Ramona has always heard a different tune from the rest of us.

That's what makes her a spazztacular dancer. I love the rhythmically challenged Crazy Noodle

I think Ramona knows that she can't dance and does not care.  She loves to dance and has a great time.  I really admire this about her.  I have always been too self-conscious to dance or do karaoke because I am too embarrassed.   I missed out on a lot of good times with my friends because of it.  In this way, I wish I could be more like Ramona.  

• Love 14

I may be in the minority here but I thought the Colombia trip was a bust.    There wasn't much about it that was interesting let alone fun and it wasn't all because of Bethenny and Carole.  Neither one of them helped but just about everything else was awful with this trip.  The house/resort wasn't very nice. The shopping spree was boring and finally the boat trip was disappointing.    I have no interest in Tinsley and her glam squad (Bravo please don't turn NY in to BH).  Who goes on a boat ride to a private beach in full makeup?  (TInsley the wannabe wifey)

Agreed. The house was probably nice but no one seemed to be enjoying the feature I thought was the best - the courtyard pool - and so we rarely got to see it. Cartehegna itself seemed kinda dingy (No offense to Columbia) and the boat trip was disappointing. Someone else said it and I will repeat - the villa on the island seemed nice and perfectly safe so why did they have to LEAVE IMMEDIATELY DONT GO BACK FOR YOUR PHONES over some chop? Why not stay the night if the water was so dangerous? But also while I think the boat ride got scary, I also think some people were drunk and freaking out a lot more than what was really necessary. Tinsley was laid back and had been there before which told me they weren't in some odd freakish weather. 

Cartehegna reminded me in general of the show The 3% on Netflix and its not a nice comparison. But overall this was a boring trip with little happening.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

My enjoyment of their trip was impacted by Bethenny's incessant bitching, whining and crying.   It was a real downer for me.  ;)

no doubt it impacted some people's enjoyment of the episode, and it bugged Carole, however that still doesn't equal "everybody". I just wish Carole would own her feelings and not speak up on behalf of "everyone else" when she doesn't need to - especially when it's not accurate ;) 

• Love 10