Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I usually watch on youtube at work but I think I'm going to save this episode for when I get home on Hulu.  It sounds like a doozy.

It's worth the watch. I couldn't take my eyes off Meghan lol. Someone called it a silent tantrum and that describes it perfectly.  Happy watching Blondie. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I usually watch on youtube at work but I think I'm going to save this episode for when I get home on Hulu.  It sounds like a doozy.

You’ll get some good laughs out of it, for sure! 

Just now, DB in CMH said:

Ana is the only one who is able to put MM in her place. That CNN discussion was clearly personal.

I’m still amazed at Meghan taking it there with CNN when we know where she worked before ABC. Absolutely astounding. ABC loves the chaos, I reckon. 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I would watch everyday live if Ana was hired to push back on Meghan.

I have 7 episodes of The View on my DVR.  Can't make myself watch them cuz I know I'll get angry at MM's stupidity and bad manners and "wrongness" on all levels. 

Today I will watch for sure.   Thank you, Ana!!!!!!!!

I going to email ABC with your comment Dr. Gailey, also.   Plus tell them that they're adding to the lack of civility and intelligence in this country by keeping MM on.  And I won't buy their products either.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Michael Avenatti is thinking of running for President?  Healthy ego you've got there, Michael.

Seriously?  Don’t care for him, but I seem to be in the minority.  He’s a bit too fond of the spotlight.

• Love 8

I tend to watch the View next day (no live cable) and save the Friday show for Monday (I watch the Talk on weekends), but i just may  have to break my rule this time!

But in addition to MM's many many misuses of words and phrases , one of her faves "siren song" particularly pisses me off.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan admitted she wouldn't have her career without her dad!

Are you talking about when she said her father has great influence over her?  She said, "I wouldn't be on this show if he didn't have great influence over me."  I took that to mean he encouraged her to take the job, not that she was offered the job because she's his daughter.  I don't think she'd admit that in a million years.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Joy seems to have had her fill of MM. Glad Ana was there to let her have it. Ana can talk over MM YAY!

Joy brought up the fact that she's been mean to the guy behind the camera (whatever she said his name was). I don't blame her. The fact that they reward McCain's unprofessional behavior towards all of them--with a special focus on Joy--on this show is a disgrace. Whoopi has also been rewarded for borderline harassing people on this show over the years. Why shouldn't Joy act that way if that's  the behavior ABC clearly enjoys and endorses?

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Are you talking about when she said her father has great influence over her?  She said, "I wouldn't be on this show if he didn't have great influence over me."  I took that to mean he encouraged her to take the job, not that she was offered the job because she's his daughter.  I don't think she'd admit that in a million years.

I rewatched, and you're right. I misinterpreted,  but it just might be the closest she'll ever get to self-awareness! ?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy brought up the fact that she's been mean to the guy behind the camera (whatever she said his name was). I don't blame her. The fact that they reward McCain's unprofessional behavior towards all of them--with a special focus on Joy--on this show is a disgrace. Whoopi has also been rewarded for borderline harassing people on this show over the years. Why shouldn't Joy act that way if that's  the behavior ABC clearly enjoys and endorses?

Oh, I agree. I just meant that Joy had ignored MM for a while and now she is responding and giving it back. (when she is not being over-shouted by MM). Good for Joy.

• Love 9

I know I haven’t seen the show, so maybe I’m just talking out of my ass, but if Avenatti said he would consider running for President, he said it to troll the Twat and to see her head explode over such a statement. Personally he does nothing for me as far as his looks are concerned, but I find him to be a very smart and effective attorney and can admire his representation of Daniels.

But that’s just me.

• Love 11

Well, I tried to watch this show about an hour ago but found myself screaming a my television telling that Bitch to shut the hell up and turned it off after 6 or 7 minutes , I'll give it another go, this sounds like the episode of the season.  I hope you all are right that they hired Ana, I adore her. Will miss you guys this August, but we can always get together on RBM's thread and talk about what a piggy bitch she is. Snort! ?

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

That’s not new. McCain when he was on this show admitted that he encouraged Twat to accept the offer come on this show.

• Love 7

I think Joy is out of sorts with everything right now. And starting last Fri with MM saying she hated crooked Hillary, and then early in the week I think she melted down over something, then the war on Christmas, and now today - it is exhausting with her just as, imo, it is exhausting keeping up with Trump.

LOL - just yesterday I saw my doctor for my annual and she asked if I was under any stress.......I said "not really, except for Trump." She burst out laughing.

• Love 23
50 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I think Joy is out of sorts with everything right now. And starting last Fri with MM saying she hated crooked Hillary, and then early in the week I think she melted down over something, then the war on Christmas, and now today - it is exhausting with her just as, imo, it is exhausting keeping up with Trump.

LOL - just yesterday I saw my doctor for my annual and she asked if I was under any stress.......I said "not really, except for Trump." She burst out laughing.

I see a shrink and most of my sessions are about Trump.   Lol

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Ladies I was so hot I completely forgot to mention Meghan not using words correctly, per usual. Haha

She also again used the word Show Pony incorrectly, for the Mooch.

• Love 5

I just wrote ABC and told them that the combo of not-very-bright Republican Meghan on the same panel with firecracker Republican Ana was ratings gold, and they really must hire Ana since they were ill-advised enough to rehire Meghan. (I was nicer, but that was the gist of it.)

Should you care to share your thoughts with ABC, the link is https://abc.go.com/feedback.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Breaking News ....... Avenetti just said he'll never do another late night show again now that he knows Meghan doesn't approve.

Ha!  And don't forget to never say Happy Holidays again.

What does Meghan have against The Mooch?  (Loved when Avenetti said he wouldn't collaborate with someone whose first name is The.)  After all, he is a diehard apologist for Trump too.

• Love 11

I'm a little worried about Joy. She looks absolutely exhausted. Someone needs to fill her and Sunny in on how scripted reality TV shows are, even the fights, particularly ones like the Kardashians.

I felt bad for Ana, when she tried to lighten up things with McCan't (with a crack about the tension between the Kardashians who are family and acting like that), and Meghan wouldn't even crack a smile.

3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

OMG - I'm giddy!  Can't wait to get home and watch this.  Those that are watching....PLEASE keep the comments coming, you're making my icky day much brighter.  :) 

Everyone who hasn't been watching the series, because you can't even with McCan't, the first block of this show is worth the price of admission. The furious look on Meghan's puss at after her b.s. differentiation of "I worked for MSNBC; I hosted on Fox," made the rest of my summer.

Ana, by the way, didn't really go after Meghan, she just didn't accept her false equivalency between Fox and CNN. I'm still only about halfway through the episode, but thus far, Meghan still seems sour, and all I can attribute it to is Ana's presence.

So, where do we send her chocolate and wine? Ana, that is. 

58 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know I haven’t seen the show, so maybe I’m just talking out of my ass, but if Avenatti said he would consider running for President, he said it to troll the Twat and to see her head explode over such a statement. Personally he does nothing for me as far as his looks are concerned, but I find him to be a very smart and effective attorney and can admire his representation of Daniels.

But that’s just me.

Avenatti has said before (not on The View, as far as I know), that if a serious challenger to Trump doesn't arise, he'll run. I hope he doesn't. Without getting political, I'll just say I want a person with experience, no more celebrity candidates, thank you world.

I appreciate Avenatti's fight and, at the same time, he gets on my nerves. I hate, to the depths of my soul, to agree with McCan't, but I did agree when, during her (freaking surly) questions to him, she indicated he lost a little bit of credibility (not her words) when he started appearing with the Mooch. That said, late night talk shows are no different than daytime, unless the questions are different. 

I think he's simultaneously taking care of his client(s) by going after Cohen and Trump and taking advantage of the opportunities this new attention is getting him. I don't care for his attention-seeking ways, but I do think he's doing so at least as much for his client and the country as he is for himself, so I'm okay with him, as long as he doesn't run for national office right out of the gate. At least work your way up, Michael. #basta

6 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

LOL, I thought it was Raging Bitch Meaghan.  LOL  tomato/tomaaaato

I've asked what RBM stands for, before, and always forget. I suspect I'll now remember it as Raging Bitch McCain, even though it's really Rich Bitch. Thank you TV Diva Queen.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, General Days said:

I'm a little worried about Joy. She looks absolutely exhausted. Someone needs to fill her and Sunny in on how scripted reality TV shows are, even the fights, particularly ones like the Kardashians.

I felt bad for Ana, when she tried to lighten up things with McCan't (with a crack about the tension between the Kardashians who are family and acting like that), and Meghan wouldn't even crack a smile.

Everyone who hasn't been watching the series, because you can't even with McCan't, the first block of this show is worth the price of admission. The furious look on Meghan's puss at after her b.s. differentiation of "I worked for MSNBC; I hosted on Fox," made the rest of my summer.

Ana, by the way, didn't really go after Meghan, she just didn't accept her false equivalency between Fox and CNN. I'm still only about halfway through the episode, but thus far, Meghan still seems sour, and all I can attribute it to is Ana's presence.

So, where do we send her chocolate and wine? Ana, that is. 

Avenatti has said before (not on The View, as far as I know), that if a serious challenger to Trump doesn't arise, he'll run. I hope he doesn't. Without getting political, I'll just say I want a person with experience, no more celebrity candidates, thank you world.

I appreciate Avenatti's fight and, at the same time, he gets on my nerves. I hate, to the depths of my soul, to agree with McCan't, but I did agree when, during her (freaking surly) questions to him, she indicated he lost a little bit of credibility (not her words) when he started appearing with the Mooch. That said, late night talk shows are no different than daytime, unless the questions are different. 

I think he's simultaneously taking care of his client(s) by going after Cohen and Trump and taking advantage of the opportunities this new attention is getting him. I don't care for his attention-seeking ways, but I do think he's doing so at least as much for his client and the country as he is for himself, so I'm okay with him, as long as he doesn't run for national office right out of the gate. At least work your way up, Michael. #basta

I've asked what RBM stands for, before, and always forget. I suspect I'll now remember it as Raging Bitch McCain, even though it's really Rich Bitch. Thank you TV Diva Queen.

I'm sticking with mine only because something tells me that MM relishes in the fact of being called a "rich bitch"  even though its her mommy that's rich...reminds of a Cosby episode when Vanessa asked her parents "are we rich?"  and Cliff said "me and your mother are rich, you are poor".  

• Love 9

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/views-meghan-mccain-melts-down-after-ana-navarro-blasts-her-claiming-cnn

From the article:

The conservative co-host was angry from the show's start.

During the season finale of The View, Meghan McCain was on-edge from the start of the show as conservative never-Trump commentator Ana Navarro was serving as a co-host.

McCain defended the Trump administration against alleged liberal media bias by saying it's "real and really exists" before whining that Republicans don't receive "fair and balanced" coverage like "Democrats do."

Guest co-host Michael Avenatti corrected her by highlighting that Republicans have an entire TV network in Fox News.

"So do Democrats: CNN," McCain shot back.

"That is not true," co-host Joy Behar replied before Navarro jumped into the conversation.

"CNN tries to be very balanced," she said. "CNN has commentators on like me, and every time I'm on I've got somebody that is defending Trump."

Then she went in on McCain's hypocrisy.

"MSNBC, where you worked once," Navarro began before McCain cut her off to say it was a "very, very long time ago."

"But it's part of your history," Navarro replied.

"Don't come for me!" an angry McCain nearly shouted before regaining her composure and trying to smooth it over by making a ridiculous suggestion that they shouldn't argue because it's the season finale.

Navarro continued to hold McCain's feet to the fire by pointing out that her previous employer had an obvious liberal bias at the time.

"Why are you relitigating my career right now?!" McCain yelled before exasperated co-host Sunny Hostin asked for "the bell."

• Love 15