Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/30/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I just wrote ABC and told them that the combo of not-very-bright Republican Meghan on the same panel with firecracker Republican Ana was ratings gold, and they really must hire Ana since they were ill-advised enough to rehire Meghan. (I was nicer, but that was the gist of it.)

Should you care to share your thoughts with ABC, the link is https://abc.go.com/feedback.

I gave them my thoughts.  :> To others who share on this link, keep it brief.  Longer messages are often deleted.  Short and to the point.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5

Thanks for all the build up by everyone on this board. It was must see TV. MM came out of the gate fuming, and her huff and puff rapid fire delivery, with extra "I will say", twitchy lips, eyes darting, and furrowed brow were classic, along with the "poor me" acknowledgement of one person in the audience clapping for her. Poor put upon Meghan. She even has to suffer through the sex talk (her embarrassed routine is getting very old).  I will definitely be watching next month if Ana is there because she is bound to drive Meghan into madness, maybe enough to leave the show.

I wish everyone here a great rest of the summer. I'll miss reading your comments every day!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Jpxfactor said:

I can’t stand Ana.. I’m ok with that

I agree with her most of the time but there is something about her that seems mean and haughty. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Meghan is okay with Avenatti going on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.   Or is it okay just for her because she is not a serious political commentator.   hmmmmm  

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Could someone  Megsplain what I worked at MSNBC and was host on Fox.  Does that mean she was a volunteer at Fox ? 

No. I think she wants everyone to forget that she worked at MSNBC. She was a correspondent or analyst or something lesser there, so she's distancing herself or minimizing her connection with MSNBC and emphasizing her role at Fox. I think the main reason she was pissed at Ana (aside from Ana's mere presence there) is that Ana brought up  MSNBC in any way. 

My guess is, she lost a lot of cred with Republicans during her short stint on MSNBC and blames it on the fact that she took a job there (rather than that she's a light-weight, with a hard-to-listen-to voice and no core beliefs other than "I have to keep making the right happy") and is afraid it will bite her in the ass again, once she's eventually fired from The View. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 13

Meghan was obviously unhappy about something from the start of the show.  The way Meghan and Ana went at it today was a bit too tense for me at times.  I definitely missed someone like Sara, Paula or Sherri there to lighten up the mood.  And even though I like Ana, I don't want her for Sara's spot.  I want another person to fill that "fun-loving, peacemaker vibe".  Now if they want to hire Ana for Meghan's spot, I'm okay with that.  I don't think it will happen though.  She's not as far right as Meghan.  And the powers that be seem to like that fact.  

• Love 5

@A.J. , do you think Meghan and Ana went at it though, or do you think Ana was just doing the job and Meghan went at it?

I'm asking, because I thought Ana was pretty calm, asking reasonable questions, and Meghan had, as @Bronzedog said, a lumberyard up her ass.

I'm also asking though, because I so can't stand Meghan that I admit I might be too biased against her to see where Ana went after her. 

I'm going to miss the heck out of Sara, but if we have to suffer Meghan for another year, I think the show needs someone who's more on top of the facts than the current crew, to rein in Meghan and call her out when she spreads lie and twists statements on the show. Whoopi and Joy get too easily sidetracked, and Sunny only seems up to the task about a third of the time.

What do you all think? I @-mentioned A.J. because I didn't quote, but I didn't mean to ask the above like it's a private conversation.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

With the way Megs was acting today, I have to agree with the theory  that the show may have had their own gotcha moment with her by re-signing her and then telling her that they also hired Ana.  She didn't just have a stick up her ass today.  She had the entire lumber yard.

I posted about this earlier, but I either didn't hit submit or it disappeared.  My dream scenario is that they signed MM for another season, so she's legally bound for another year.  Then they sign Ana, when it's too late for Meggie to back out.  ABC knows the sparks fly between those two and that it brings viewers to the TV.  I'm getting butterflies in my tummy just envisioning Megs exploding daily, screeching in that dog-whistle voice of hers, while Ana calmly sits there, explaining her points in a measured tone and with a serene demeanor.  My ultimate wish, of course, is for RBM to completely lose her marbles and stomp off the set.  Never to return.  And get sued for breaking her contract.  And not be able to find a job anywhere else, because of it, not even at Faux, since she fraternized so long with "the enemy".    Is that too much to ask??? ?

• Love 16

I think the only solution is to remove that nasty rich bitch from the show forever. She has ruined it for me forever. TEAM ANA...oh gals and guys, we can meet up during the month at RBM'S tough gal thread and call her names and re-litigate ourselves into a stupor. 

Ladyrain, I love your brain!

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I think the only solution is to remove that nasty rich bitch from the show forever. She has ruined it for me forever. TEAM ANA...oh gals and guys, we can meet up during the month at RBM'S tough gal thread and call her names and re-litigate ourselves into a stupor. 

Thank you, @atlantaloves!   ~~~~   And I also just e-mailed ABC about all this; kept it brief, as was mentioned above.  I'm pleading with everyone to do so, also.  The only way I will be able to endure this show next season is if Ana is at the table.  My heart sank like a brick when I read that MM had re-newed, but now I'm holding out hope that ABC can convince Ana to sign on.  Surely after today, both parties must see what ratings gold she is on the panel. 

Can you just picture Meghan stomping home in a furious snit, throwing things, swearing a blue streak, her ears bright crimson, after the humiliating hour she had to sit through today?  This is what I wish for her Monday through Friday, come September.  I absolutely loathe her entitled ass.  

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

It could also help to have a moderator who is instructed to be a moderator.

ROLE OF THE MODERATOR. THE MODERATOR IS CRUCIAL. The moderator plays a central role in the development and successful implementation of a public forum. It is the moderatorwho sets the context, drives the discussion, and engages the panelists and audience in an interactive dialogue.

The moderator's job is to help the audience get their needs met through a panel format. The moderator sets the tone, the pace and control of the content, staying ever-vigilant in keeping it relevant for the audience. It is the moderator's responsibility to make sure the panel is lively, engaging and worthwhile.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

The bottom line she is unprofessional.  She's down right hateful ,disrespectful and unpleasant to fellow panelists and guests then when she feels judged because they are just trying to make sense of her tirade becomes so exasperated " its called The View  different opinions! "   Being passioniate or upset on occasion is fine but it's a daily thing then the pout. 

They got it very wrong this time and even a headless person could see that. 

• Love 14

So, Meghan thinks a political family has just one narrative and stick together? I am not  a huge fan of her family but I just can't believe believe that statement reflects her whole family. Can I?

Pissed me off when she went right back to saying she only uses the hate word for things like ISIS and people trying to hurt the USA. Really? REALLY - that is what Hillary does?!! Excuse me, crooked Hillary. Well, I hate MM.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It could also help to have a moderator who is instructed to be a moderator.

ROLE OF THE MODERATOR. THE MODERATOR IS CRUCIAL. The moderator plays a central role in the development and successful implementation of a public forum. It is the moderatorwho sets the context, drives the discussion, and engages the panelists and audience in an interactive dialogue.

The moderator's job is to help the audience get their needs met through a panel format. The moderator sets the tone, the pace and control of the content, staying ever-vigilant in keeping it relevant for the audience. It is the moderator's responsibility to make sure the panel is lively, engaging and worthwhile.

Absolutely agree.  A moderator is there to keep order and to stop interrupting as well.  

• Love 9

I was actually confused about what MM was trying to say about Avenatti and The Mooch on late night tv.....what was her point? I watched the clip where they were on Colbert and I thought it was funny.

ETA - Plus she was recently on Colbert....what is her problem?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 11

Another highlight from the episode that just keeps on giving ....  after a couple of minutes of discussing the Kartrashians , Sunny turns to Meghan and in a super serious tone asks her to explain what's really going on with that family. Finally, a subject Meghan is qualified to talk about. She didn't even have to check her blue cards before answering.

• Love 22
39 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

So, Meghan thinks a political family has just one narrative and stick together? I am not huge fans of her family but I can just can't be that statement reflects her whole family. Can I?

On an HBO Special on John McCain a month or so ago, MMM's half sister Sidney said that she is a fervent Democrat but her father does listen to her opinions.  I doubt MMM listens to Sidney and probably brings blue cards to family functions to spout statistics researched or made up by her husband. Although MMM loves to remind us that she comes from a huge family with 6 siblings, it is probably only the Hensley beer conglomerate side that shares her views.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 16

Okay gang, I rarely do this, but I have actually complained to ABC to take RBM off the View three times and now I add to please put Ana on. Your wish is my command my friends! I did it again today and commented on how much everyone loves Ana. TEAM ANA! 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I was actually confused about what MM was trying to say about Avenatti and THe Mooch on late night tv.....what was her point? I watched the clip where they were on Colbert and I thought it was funny.

ETA - Plus she was recently on Colbert....what is her problem?

Then what the fuck does she mean? Jesus

• Love 2

I assume that whoever is going to replace Sara has already been hired.  If they are currently employed elsewhere they would need time to make their current employer aware that they are leaving.  And, I don't see a need to replace Paula, so, there is probably only going to be one new cohost.  Just my opinion, of course.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Ana (CNN) vs. Meghan (Fox)

That was some nasty personal stuff going on in that segment. What did Meghan mean with her snitty comment at the end? "I worked at MSNBC; I was a host on Fox. Big Difference"

That's an even better transcript, thanks @merriebreeze.

A couple of other things to note:

• The topic wasn't even liberal bias in the media.  It was Trump saying the media is the enemy of the people, and Meggie steered it in the other direction.
  • After the break, and they started talking about the Karadashians, Ana tried to lighten it by suggesting that their fighting was worse than hers and Meggie's, saying, and they are flesh and blood, but Meggie didn't react.
  • There was a lot of cup sipping today.
  • When talking about all the exposure Avennati is getting, Joy says that Trump is everywhere too.  Meggie snaps, but he's the President.  Joy says, not my President, and Meggie huffs and eye rolls all over again.
  • Joy tried a few times to engage Meggie lightheartedly, but she was having none of it.
  • Joy eventually said that she, Joy, was having a difficult day.
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Orillia said:

Another highlight from the episode that just keeps on giving ....  after a couple of minutes of discussing the Kartrashians , Sunny turns to Meghan and in a super serious tone asks her to explain what's really going on with that family. Finally, a subject Meghan is qualified to talk about. She didn't even have to check her blue cards before answering.

So you're saying she's not a POLITICAL pundint, she's a Kardashian pundint? 

Maybe she could get a job on TMZ.

• Love 16

I took a look at Ana's twitter - she has very nicely shaded Meghan. I hope some kind poster here can link it for you guys.

It is a photo of AN, SH, MM and Sunny is in the middle sipping her tea, Ana says it made her chuckle, it's all good, enjoy your weekend, tweeps. LOL

• Love 10

I wonder if something happened backstage before the show started. The timing and tenor of the show was painfully awkward in the beginning and Joy was completely off her game.  She pulled it together later on. I'm glad she's getting a break. If something did happen backstage,  we will hear about it soon. That show leaks like a sieve.

Ana was perfectly positioned for her smackdown of McCain. Her chair was about 3 feet higher than MM.  It looked like a Godzilla movie. 

I will miss my sunshine and light. Sweet Sara.

• Love 21

I think Ana making a crack about there being an “open seat” on the panel to Michael was her wink to the audience that she wasn’t offered or accepted, sadly. 

She came for MM and it was glorious. Michael was good for a male cohost as he didn’t throw the balance off like most do.

• Love 8

I think Ana is coming aboard as well. Perhaps not full time but more like MO/TU/WE or WE/TH/FR and an opening for the other 2 days - or some kind of job share arrangement.

Perhaps a dream - but my dream. Go Tara!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Stoned said:

Love Ana,She counter balances Megs BShit.She makes the Megs look like a mental m*****..

This is what the show needs.   Someone to counter MM with logical facts.   Logical facts are like krytonite to MM..  Flusters her every time.  Doesn’t have to be Ana (although I would love it to be her).  But someone not concerned about being balanced and fair with MM, and able to logically counter her.

8 hours ago, deirdra said:

I liked how Avenati and Navarro were angled toward Joy for most of the show and they didn't need to look at MMM.

At one point MM was ranting about Avenati and Ana just turned away from her, talked over her to ask Avenati a question to change the subject.   Loved it.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Wings said:
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Should you care to share your thoughts with ABC, the link is https://abc.go.com/feedback.

4 hours ago, Wings said:

I gave them my thoughts.  :> To others who share on this link, keep it brief.  Longer messages are often deleted.  Short and to the point.  

I left my feedback! This is what I wrote:

I have an issue with this show because you only have Meghan McCain to represent the conservative/Republican viewpoint. Please hire Ana Navarro or Tara Setmayer to provide balance and a different conservative/Republican viewpoint. It would provide much needed balance to the panel. Thank you for your time. 

• Love 14

Alright, here goes....

Very unpopular opinion...

Yes, Fox is very much conservative, nobody will argue that. But *I* also thought that MSNBC and CNN were very much liberal. Do they have any permanent conservative hosts or anchors? Or do they only have only conservative contributors, who only appear randomly? 

Soooooo......I thought that Meghan was trying to say that she worked occassionally at MSNBC as a contributor. It was not permanent/consistent work. But at FOX she had a show which she co-anchored so she was a permanent fixture. Also, when she said that her MSNBC job was "a long time ago," (in 2011) she meant that this was not during the Trump years, and MSNBC would not have her, a Trump defender, there now. That's what I thought she was trying to say, but she gets all shrieky, defensive, and flustered, that she doesn't get her point across well at all.

Also, Ana can argue that CNN has her, a republican, on their payroll, but she's not a Trump defender.

But what do I know....politics shmolotics!

I do, however, firmly stand behind my next statement:

Michael Avenatti loves the camera. He is a lawyer. His job is behind the scenes. He has no business making the talk show rounds. 

• Love 4

Joy will spring back immediately after a while of not being bullied by Meghan daily. It was Meghan's goal, as she said on day one to go against Joy. MM is a relentless bitch and ABC is a bully making these co-hosts accept Meghan. IMO.

And Whoopi needs a huge wake up call by deciding MM would be a good fit and supporting her for so long. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Yes, Fox is very much conservative, nobody will argue that. But *I* also thought that MSNBC and CNN were very much liberal. Do they have any permanent conservative hosts or anchors? Or do they only have only conservative contributors, who only appear randomly? 

The difference is that Fox is run like state tv. It is propaganda all of the time. They disseminate false information to their viewers. When they have a liberal, it is always somebody who is off the wall that gives their viewers a false impression of liberals. When they do have a Democrat who is like Joy or Whoopie, they act just like Megan. Megan does not fit  ABC. She is a disruptive force on there. They hate liberals on Foxnews, they tell their viewers that their fellow Americans who are liberals are their mortal enemies and they should be feared , mistrusted and hated.

CNN has conservatives who are on their payroll. There are conservatives like Tara and Anna, who both work on CNN. You also have conservatives like Megan who are there to defend their president and rail against the liberal media bias.  CNN lets them get away with too much of their bs, by trying to prove that they are fair and balance. However, the anchors have been pushing back on them.  Fox News would never allow any Democrat to talk bad about 45.

MSNBC leans liberal and they have conservatives of all stripes on there. The anchors on there will push back, on conservatives like Megan and fact check their false information on the spot. 

Megan was making a false equivalency as usual and that is why Anna pushed back on her like she did.. She was sick of Megan's lies and distortions.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

With the way Megs was acting today, I have to agree with the theory  that the show may have had their own gotcha moment with her by re-signing her and then telling her that they also hired Ana.  She didn't just have a stick up her ass today.  She had the entire lumber yard.

I would love to see Ana.  I like her.

4 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I wonder if something happened backstage before the show started. The timing and tenor of the show was painfully awkward in the beginning and Joy was completely off her game.  She pulled it together later on. I'm glad she's getting a break. If something did happen backstage,  we will hear about it soon. That show leaks like a sieve.

Ana was perfectly positioned for her smackdown of McCain. Her chair was about 3 feet higher than MM.  It looked like a Godzilla movie. 

I will miss my sunshine and light. Sweet Sara.

It was AWKWARD!  I actually cringed.  I like Avenatti.  

It is shows like today that Sara is a good juxtaposition and lightens up panel/audience.  I liked her a lot and will miss her.

• Love 7