Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, suomi said:

I keep getting click bait for Kate Middleton wearing a fascinator. 😉

I think it's weird how we all have different ads.  Are they trying to tell us something? WHY am I getting messages to clean the ear wax out of my ears?  Do I not listen to others...?  Oh wait.... probably not.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

My guess is they needed all of the names on the new properties because their debt to income ratio wasn't ideal and no one could do it alone. 

So ... because Kody's name is on every property can we posit that he makes more money than the others? And IIRC a couple wives are on more than one property? That sorta rings a bell. Or do the names listed as owner(s) not reflect who provided the money?

TIA

5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I think it's weird how we all have different ads.  Are they trying to tell us something? WHY am I getting messages to clean the ear wax out of my ears?  Do I not listen to others...?  Oh wait.... probably not.

I've currently got the Beatles Love Cirque du Soleil show . . . and I have googled that recently.  Big Brother is watching!!!!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've currently got the Beatles Love Cirque du Soleil show . . . and I have googled that recently.  Big Brother is watching!!!!

Now THAT is creepy!  Except you can bet your boopy I don't give a cat's starfish about ear wax removal!!

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Now THAT is creepy!  Except you can bet your boopy I don't give a cat's starfish about ear wax removal!!

If you posted or searched for anything related to hearing issues, etc., that still might have triggered the link.  There are no secrets online!!!!  LOL.

• Love 3

I feel sorry for Gabe. Kids can be mean, he comes from an oddball family yet he's popular and a good student. High school can be a meat grinder even under "normal" conditions.

I am biased because we moved a lot when I was a kid, sometimes every year. Two or three years in one house was a long haul and there weren't many of those. My mom loved to get a house and reno it but she was never satisfied for very long. I hated it even when we sometimes stayed in the same school district because we left our playmates and homies behind - we were quite restricted as to how far we could walk or ride our bikes and the 'rents never were available for rides.

I like Gabe; he seems like a nice guy. I see some Logan in him. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

But the show I presented with the six figure income for one of the daughters is only a half hour show.  The SW show is 2 hours. 

Yes, that one makes some money from the show, however I bet most of her earnings are from her instagram followers.. she gets paid by sponsors to promote products there. The Arnolds also have stable jobs, but the do a lot of speaking engagements that pay them nicely.  I don't see anyone ringing up any of the Browns to do a keynote speech of how to keep 4 bitter women from killing each other.

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
oopsie..counted Cody in with the bitter, party of 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

Or killingk dear Kootie bug.  For nothing else, just the harebrained snake oil shit he gets them all into.

Just so he won't have to get his bone-lazy ass off Reigning Queen Robyn the Chin's sofa.

Edited by xwordfanatik
added more, I'm snarky like that.
  • Love 3

Wasn't there something about how Robyn couldn't pay for Dayton's surgery after his ATV accident? They don't have healthcare plans.

If they are paid so well, why was this an issue? Or was it all just internet rumor.

• Love 5

Yeah, could they just be borrowing from family ?  Pay them back when the LV houses sell ?  Honestly, as much as I would help anyone in my family or Mr. Frauds,  I would be livid if I helped financially for the time being if those I helped were shacking up like Meri wonky tooth and Robyn chins brown were living in 6000 sq foot homes.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Wasn't there something about how Robyn couldn't pay for Dayton's surgery after his ATV accident? They don't have healthcare plans.

If they are paid so well, why was this an issue? Or was it all just internet rumor.

There were also fines against Janelle because she hadn't paid for her trash pickup assessment (figured she sent one of the boys to dump trash in one of the sisterwives' trash cans at the curb).  And when one of the boys was stopped for a traffic violation, they were also cited for no insurance.

These yahoos have money for what they WANT to spend money on.  Like trips to Disneyland and buying property out of state.  But they don't have to bother their pretty little heads with the REAL stuff the rest of us deal with.  WE are reality TV - not them.

Edited by AZChristian
Typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18

Why should these persecuted plygs be bothered with such ordinary bills that the rest of us entitled monogamists dill with?  They are oh so special.  Master Kootie says so, and his word is law!

Priorities, people.  The sheeple wives will input their desires into the ears of Kootie, and Reigning Robin the Chiniest wife will have the final word on everything.  Result:  moving to Flagstaff, and leaving their LV homes unsold, in the dust.  Damn what anyone else might want.  

• Love 7

Just musing here and wasn't sure which thread to reply to. I'm wondering why we don't see much interaction on Instagram among the kids from different moms. Lately we've seen a lot from Christine's girls with each other (visiting Aspyn in Vegas, then Mykelti visiting Flagstaff) and their mom, but we don't see them with Aurora/Breanna/Savanah. I know the rentals are far apart but it just seems like none of the individual half-siblings interact. Kind of sad that Janelle's and Robyn's girls don't appear to get together with Christine's. You'd think they'd all be friends after 5-6 years in the cul-de-sac. If this is true I'd feel worst for Savanah - since it's just her and Gabe at home and he doesn't seem much interested in her (plus Janelle's inertia vs. Christine's "fun mom" stuff). You'd think that Ysabel , Savanah and Breanna especially, would be close, since if I recall correctly they are close in age. Who knows -- maybe there wasn't much inter-familial interaction in the cul de sac either, except for the filmed events like the bridal shower and wedding(k).

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Is it cheating that I have a free ad blocker on my mac and don't get any ads?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

NOW I'm getting ads for A Mousetrap for Mold Toxins (I don't HAVE mold toxins).  What happened to pergolas?  I WANT  PERGOLAS!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

NOW I'm getting ads for A Mousetrap for Mold Toxins (I don't HAVE mold toxins).  What happened to pergolas?  I WANT  PERGOLAS!

I'm getting Kiehl's at Sephora ads, and based on my browsing history that makes perfect sense, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, suomi said:

I keep getting click bait for Kate Middleton wearing a fascinator. 😉

That's better than mine... I must be a real dummy... I'm getting Pete Davidson, Kate Beckinsale dating news.

At least your Kate is a royal.  👑 

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Mac user here to, please share, what ad blocker do you use?

I think it is ad blocker. I also have it in the iPad and iPhone. Google - that’s how I found it. Simple download 

• Love 2
On 3/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I live in BC.... love it...the mountain and ocean views are to die for.

They might even make angels sing  😀

Could be that other BC export that's making angels sing...🌿🙄🙄.

PS: add me to the list of Canadian liars. 👍

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

My angel(s) would be more like John Travolta in that movie, Michael, where he's wandering around the kitchen scratching himself while eating all of the sugar in the sugar bowl. "I'm not that kind of angel" is one of my favorite movie quotes.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Spelling
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wait, “Tardy for the Party” is still on??

Yes they are into a new season!  Brielle is moving out and Kim's lost brother has returned and they own a pizza hut!

On 3/22/2019 at 8:11 PM, AZChristian said:

There were also fines against Janelle because she hadn't paid for her trash pickup assessment (figured she sent one of the boys to dump trash in one of the sisterwives' trash cans at the curb).  And when one of the boys was stopped for a traffic violation, they were also cited for no insurance.

These yahoos have money for what they WANT to spend money on.  Like trips to Disneyland and buying property out of state.  But they don't have to bother their pretty little heads with the REAL stuff the rest of us deal with.  WE are reality TV - not them.

You mean these fools don’t have car insurance, but have houses with elevators?  See this is what I don’t understand.  Now the show has been on for what over a decade? Even with their 1100 children (write offs) they were making good money.  This included with their Microsoft-like businesses (more write offs) should have left them with nice amount of money.  Besides their homes, which according to this board, they barely pay for, what are they spending their money on?  TLC is probably paying for the weddings/trips that are shown.  The other trips they take look cheap.  I don’t know anything about their specific bankruptcies, but is it possible for the Browns to pay for the Arizona homes in cash then default on the Vegas homes?  Can the Vegas mortgage company force the Browns to pay or would they just receive a judgement?  (Ie. Would they only get paid if the Browns sold their AZ homes or can they raid any other assets...ie cash, Kody’s kilt (or is that a liability)?  Also, could the Browns say take out an equity loan from the AZ homes, buy homes in say CA and then default on the Az homes?  Basically could they play an endless shell game of follow the money?  I would ask a knowledgeable banker but Tony wasn’t around and Mykelti quite.

8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes they are into a new season!  Brielle is moving out and Kim's lost brother has returned and they own a pizza hut!

This is one reason I don’t really hate the Browns because they populate the earth with people like Kim Zolziak

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 3/20/2019 at 10:31 PM, lma said:

She seemed all set on moving downtown until she heard about Robyn’s massive house. No way was Meri going to let Robyn out-house (lol) her.

If this was indeed her motive (we’ll never know for sure), it would prove that Meri really is as selfish and vindictive as a lot of us think.

She's extorting them because all of them know the show will end if she bails. They have to pay if they want Meri to play.

• Love 9

FWIW the Distractify link refers to their book, "the New York Times bestseller," having amassed 4 stars and 500+ reviews on Amazon, which I verified because I don't like to post bunk. But it does refer to Janelle as a "real estate mogul," so there's that.

Referring to their income, it links a CheatSheet article with some details about their various past and present bidness ventures (Janelle's food storage, Lizzie's Inn). It includes this quote and I do not know who Terence Michael is or how reliable his knowledge or his figures are: 

... producer Terence Michael has estimated that reality families generally earn around 10% of a show’s budget for each episode. TLC reportedly spends $250,000 - $400,000 per episode on its shows. This would mean the Browns earn $25,000 - $40,000 per show.

With 149 episodes over eight seasons, that would net the Browns around $3.7 million. It may seem a little surprising that Kody is only worth $800,000, as CelebrityNetWorth reports. Then again, supporting 23 people is no small task.

The CheatSheet article links to a couple more sites but, hey, I had to draw the line somewhere. 

https://www.distractify.com/p/what-does-kody-brown-do-for-a-living

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/sister-wives-how-polygamist-kody-brown-and-his-four-wives-support-their-family-of-23.html/

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, suomi said:

With 149 episodes over eight seasons, that would net the Browns around $3.7 million. It may seem a little surprising that Kody is only worth $800,000, as CelebrityNetWorth reports. Then again, supporting 23 people is no small task.

And they really know how to spend money!!

• Love 6

per Social Media - Meri is off in Puerto Rico this week on a LULANOE cruise, and per Maddie's IG story she is also in Puerto Rico, assume same cruise, but NEITHER has referenced the other or shown pictures together. 

Editing to state Meri posted a picture today with Maddie and Audrey - HMMM did she read my comment?

However Christine is also on the cruise and no pics and per Aspyn's IG its Kody & Christine's 25th wedding anniversary.

Edited by MV713
updated info
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, MV713 said:

per Social Media - Meri is off in Puerto Rico this week on a LULANOE cruise, and per Maddie's IG story she is also in Puerto Rico, assume same cruise, but NEITHER has referenced the other or shown pictures together.

I think Christine is on the cruise, too.  It's a big ship.  Any/all of them can avoid any/all of the others.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, MV713 said:

AZChristian I think you are right!  So much for "one big happy family!"

Maybe Christine and Maddie would share a cabin, but "#bosslady" is probably staying in a mini-suite, all by herself (which means she's possibly paying one fare on her own, as cruise fares are "per person, double occupancy."  Someone staying alone in a full cabin has paid the same price as two people splitting a cabin.)

Edited by AZChristian
Typo
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, suomi said:

... producer Terence Michael has estimated that reality families generally earn around 10% of a show’s budget for each episode. TLC reportedly spends $250,000 - $400,000 per episode on its shows. This would mean the Browns earn $25,000 - $40,000 per show.

The quote is in the ballpark for established shows as long as you stay on the low end.  TLC doesn't pay anywhere near that for the first season or even the second season.  For shows in the first season it's usually whatever freebie TLC can grift from businesses in exchange for advertising and $1k to $3K per episode max.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Poor Ysabel.  I hope she has support from outside the fambly because her parents' attitudes make her feel like her curvature is all her fault.  She mentioned that a cousin had surgery - is scoliosis carried on a certain gene that gets amplified by inbreeding (as with the British Royal family)?  Ysabel is the most beautiful of all the Browns IMHO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Does that mean it sold? 

Nor necessarily   Could be an offer but no guarantee the buyer will get financing.  Could be they took it off and will relist at another time. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Nor necessarily   Could be an offer but no guarantee the buyer will get financing.  Could be they took it off and will relist at another time. 

True-  but interesting if sold. The two most favored wives' houses sell- and the other two don't.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

True-  but interesting if sold. The two most favored wives' houses sell- and the other two don't.

Interesting also, that the 2 least expensive listings are still unsold.  Last time I checked, Meri and Janelle were both at $574,900 and Christine was at $599,000.  Maybe it's location, possibly Meri and Janelle's homes back onto the road that runs behind the cul-de-sac.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I recently had to take a home I was selling off the market for a month to replace the roof and electrical breaker. It had been under contract twice but those issues kept coming up on the home inspections. But during the time it WAS under contract (as it is again), I did not take it off the market, just added the comment "under contract" to the listing. Back-up interest, in case something happens with the contract.

Christine could have it under contract or is making improvements due to potential interest.

• Useful 6

I wonder how the money is distributed when a house is sold. Since the family pot pays for the homes, does the money go back into the pot or to each individual wife? Does that money help pay the mortgages on the homes that haven’t yet been sold?

• Love 1

I wouldn't even guess how they divide money these days.  It seemed to me that Janelle and Kootie worked the most before Season 1, and Meri only worked part-time.  Christine seemed to be the stay-at-home mom, and no matter what Robyn spins, at least in Season 1, she wasn't "married" yet, and thus didn't contribute.  Just guessing here.  After TLC started paying them, who knows who divides the money, and who knows how much each adult gets?  My head spins just thinking about how complicated their finances must be.

• Love 4

Has Robyn's house officially sold?  Last I knew, it was off the market, but I don't recall seeing anyone post that there was a new owner of record.  

I've known people who pulled their house off the market because the listing got too "stale".  Just wondering if that might be what's happening here.

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Has Robyn's house officially sold?  Last I knew, it was off the market, but I don't recall seeing anyone post that there was a new owner of record.  

Yes, Robyn’s house sold in February.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

My guess is it will be re-listed at a lower price in a few days - probably in time for the weekend.

Meri's house indeed backs up to the busy road (Alexander Rd), you can see it in the flyover camera sots -- but it's not a major thoroughfare I don't think. Those more familiar with the neighborhood please correct me if I'm wrong. I would think Alexander is less busy than Cheyenne and Lake Mead, two of the other thoroughfares in the area.

• Useful 5