Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Damn - can't believe they still have those three homes on the market. 

I'm not a realtor by any stretch but I remember in 2010 when my sister and her then-husband put their house on the market (in SF Bay Area - not as affected by the housing bubble pop as other areas but still a slow market) they were VERY careful and picky about who their agent was going to be. 

One of their friends who was/is a realtor assumed he'd be their agent because they were buds and all... When my sister chose a different (BETTER) realtor, the guy was super pissed and stopped talking to them altogether. (He was kind of a Kody-type butt Munch so...no loss IMO) 

The realtor my sis chose had their house sold above asking within a few weeks. 

I think that Kody and Co really screwed themselves by trying to save a little money having Janelle be the listing agent out of the gate, it's like getting someone who flips burgers at McDonald's be the head chef at the French Laundry. 

ETA - would love to be a fly on the wall when Janelle writes the mortgage checks for the Vegas homes each month.

Edited by DakotaJustice
Adding more thoughts
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

I think that Kody and Co really screwed themselves by trying to save a little money having Janelle be the listing agent out of the gate

I take your point but it's not exactly a little money - it's 3 percent of the sale price of each house. If each house sold for $600,000, that's a total of $72,000. Granted, if Janelle can't get the job done, they lose money because the houses take forever to sell. But if they had sold quickly, they would have saved a nice chunk of change by not paying the listing agent's commission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I take your point but it's not exactly a little money - it's 3 percent of the sale price of each house. If each house sold for $600,000, that's a total of $72,000. Granted, if Janelle can't get the job done, they lose money because the houses take forever to sell. But if they had sold quickly, they would have saved a nice chunk of change by not paying the listing agent's commission.

Listing with Janelle would have made sense if she had really been a realtor.  I believe she had only one sale with TMI Realty in the 5 or 6 years she held a license there, barely earning enough to cover the cost of her taking the course and her board fees for all those years.  They did themselves no favors by listing with a rookie like Janelle who overpriced Christine's home by $60-70,000, losing the important first flush of interest when a house first hits the market.  It wasn't until they brought in an experienced agent who got the houses listed at more realistic prices that they saw any action at all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

That's a HUGE if. 

It's almost May and they've been out of the Vegas homes for almost a year, right? And still paying not only mortgages, but utilities, HOA, Homeowners insurance, and God only knows what else. Plus that $72k would have been taxed as income and probably pushed Janelle into a higher IRS bracket at the same time. Unless she would've rolled it into an IRA or something. 

It's being penny wise, pound foolish and just plain shortsighted. Ol' Kody just thought that he was sitting on a gold mine! And Mona - good lord. I mean she's not exactly the best agent in Vegas - she hired Janelle and Christine after all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Is it possible to check if they are still paying on the Vegas houses?  I can see them with an "out of sight/out of mind" view, where since they're in Flagstaff they're not worried about the Vegas houses anymore--besides, they were going to sell instantly!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Mariah is queer, did you know that ?

I suspected that when I noticed the white sneakers.

OOPs, I am sitting here in my own white sneakers, please don't start any rumors, I'm just a womxn wearing what is comfortable.

• LOL 18
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Just checking in to see if there is anything new with the Brown family.  Inquiring minds want to know!

Go check out Cynical Jinx's last blog post and go down to the newest posts. Apparently, someone that posts there lives in the area and always gets some good dirt on what's going on.  They are having problems finding places to film the show down there. Maybe that's why they had to go to Chicago to visit the golden child? 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I didn't know she was back to posting.  Do you have a link?

It's on the last post she made back in February. I check it about once a week because it's pretty slow there.  There is a comment from the 22rd of June 

Milo June 22, 2019 at 9:19 PM

The Browns are not particularly welcome to film anywhere they darn please. They are getting pushback. They were worried about the plyg issue and being accepted but it never occurred to them such a small peaceful spiritual town would not appreciate their circus. They are not renewed yet but I have seen them down. Town with a camera crew near Robyn’s place downtown. This move may prove to be their undoing

Milo June 23, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Here we go. Kody is looking for a fifth wife...actually he’s looking to get signed for another season and has a leaked thru a “friend” he’s looking.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I didn't know she was back to posting.  Do you have a link?

Oh me neither!  I’d also love a link. I used to love her recaps and thread back in 2014 ish but I hadn’t realised she was still posting and I can never find the site anymore

• Love 1