Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/25/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I read this board every day before deciding to watch The View. I'm on the West Coast, and I tape the show to watch later in the day. I find I try to brace myself before watching the show because of Meghan McCain. Through the years I haven't liked all of the co hosts, but I never felt the pure poisonous feeling I have when I look at and listen to MM. She is really wrecking the show, and with all of the other daily news we have to put up with, I question why I want to subject myself to her venom.  She really makes me feel sick.

I agree. I read the board before the show aired and then started to watch anyway. As soon as she started speaking, I turned the TV off. She is horrible and the worst they have ever had at the table (and that is saying  something). 

• Love 14

When Meghan said that the ban was not really a ban, just a vetting, Sunny disagreed and said it is a ban, if you show up from one of these countries you will not be allowed to enter.  Meghan retorted that two people in the audience were shaking their head so decided she was right and Sunny was wrong. 

• Love 24
(edited)
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Poor, widdle Meh-gun upset she didn't get 75% of the speaking time during this segment. Sunny is single-handedly saving this show. God knows Sara ain't doing shit and Whoopi is enabling it.

3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I've all but given up on Sara confronting Meghan on anything and Whoopi would rather cut to commercial break than let Sunny set Meghan straight.

Sara is becoming more and more a seat filler. Why does she always have a blank look on her face? They only need her on for View Your Deal or something she saw on Twitter.

I almost wish they would replace her with Ana, because Meghan is not going anywhere. Sunny can't do it all.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 21

Her ego has no bounds! The discussion about skimpy nightie and who to be mad with, MM said I would never do that to you Joy.  1) would there EVER be a situation where she was in skimpy night clothes in front of Steve?

2) what are the odds of Steve overlooking her her pure ugliness to oggle her?  Joy at soon to be 76 I is much more attractive than MM on her best day.  

If steve is still dreaming Joy is making out with Avenatti he is still crazy about her . 

Jon Meacham  intimates you small small  souless person  because he's Jon  Meacham and you need to go to the shallow end of the pool. 

• Love 18

The tension between the hosts and Meghan is escalating at a fast clip now. Joy’s eye roll and glance at Whoopi yesterday (after she invited her to Montana) and today Sunny snapping, let me finish says they are done.  

Why does she insist on braids?  Don’t answer. She needs to be on a housewife show.  I need her to be on a housewife show. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

This is what makes her all the more brave for doing so.  I have seen relationships falling apart in the past week on my Facebook page. This is a turning point. I fear what comes next. 

But wasn't it the manager who did this?  It's the owner who will face the true consequences.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Wings said:

It was chilling to hear Jon Meacham say he thought it likely Trump would win in 2020. 

This is what scares me!!  That all that the orange guy does and MM defends does not dissuade people from voting for him. 

• Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have a feeling that people will go out and support that restaurant. 

I hope so.  I know on a site where I frequently post there are people willing to drive four hours to help.

Edited by RedheadZombie
four + hours does not equal fours
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I hope so.  I know on a site where I frequently post there are people willing to drive four hours to help.

I've also read about people sending donations and such to the restaurant.

• Love 11

Okay, I just turned this on and then off immediately, because Sonny's hair scared the shit out of me, it looked like dried up rattle snakes. ? Jesus! I'll try again around cocktail time cause from what you all have said about Meh-gun today, I'll need SEVERAL. 

• Love 1

Sonny was awesome today.  Love that she is not afraid of Megan.   Lately it seems like sunny can’t stand Megan.    

Would love to know what Sarah and Joy are whispering about at commercial time.   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm shocked that a person as right wing as Meggy would have interned for such an anti-Trump writer.

She worked for him in...drumroll...1984.   Trump was a blip on very few radar screens.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

???

She was born in 1984.

OOPS!   Big time!   I "edited" and made a big mistake--started to write, "She was born in 1984, and worked for him fourteen years ago," ... and there's no need to go further.   Thanks for the QUICK CATCH, Silver Raven.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

???

She was born in 1984.

I was like "I entered the workforce in 84, and I'm 54"  LOL  

1 minute ago, dr. gailey said:

Did anybody else laugh at the irony of Meghan saying how hard she tries to find something likeable about Katherine Hiegel and she can't.

and by "katherine hiegel", she means herself

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Hilarious this morning!   Meghan thought SHE needed time to speak--and stomped her little stilettos!

She thinks we care what she has to say!  Bless her heart!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay, I just turned this on and then off immediately, because Sonny's hair scared the shit out of me, it looked like dried up rattle snakes. ? Jesus! I'll try again around cocktail time cause from what you all have said about Meh-gun today, I'll need SEVERAL. 

I wish she would do something with the hair.  It’s not working for her.  She needs a more polished style.

• Love 2

It's so typical for this show to get a good guest like Meacham , and give him a lousy 5 minutes. They barely scraped the surface of what they could have talked about. I loved how much he was cracking Joy up. I noticed she went right over to him as soon as the show ended. He's on Morning Joe all the time and is usually just as funny. I've also been noticing that lately , just as things are starting to heat up , Whoopie cuts it off real fast and goes to commercial and when they come back, new topic. One of these days somethings going to give.

• Love 16
(edited)
On 6/26/2018 at 4:26 PM, dr. gailey said:

Did anybody else laugh at the irony of Meghan saying how hard she tries to find something likeable about Katherine Hiegel and she can't.

She has donated a fuckton of money to animal rescue causes. There you go, meggie, named one and didn't even have to break a sweat. I don't think Heigl is as terrible as people like to portray.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 14

RHjunkie wrote

Whoopi tried to remind Meghan that their views aren't an obligation to represent anyone but themselves...lost on her.

Trumpers don't need Meghan to represent them. They've got FoxNews. Meghan, on this show your job is to represent your views, not someone else's. You're not a spokesperson for a particular cause here. You're a cohost. Say, This is how I feel; not this is how they feel.

• Love 21
(edited)
6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay, I just turned this on and then off immediately, because Sonny's hair scared the shit out of me, it looked like dried up rattle snakes. 

She is on extension overload and it is not working.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I watched through the Elisabeth years and stopped when Joy left.  I didn't watch when Nicolle, Candace or Jedi (am I forgetting any conservatives?)  I started watching shortly after Meghan joined the show.  For two reasons.  One the show became available on Hulu and I had a feeling she was going to be train wreck and I was proven right.  She is by the far the worst cohost this show has ever had.  It's not just that I disagree with what she is saying.  It's how she says it.  She is obnoxious.  She is whiny.  She thinks way too highly of herself.  I don't understand how Sunny doesn't just backhand across the face when she interrupts her.  I sure as fuck don't want her here till 2020 but I would so love to see her own words thrown in her face if a Democrat were to win and Meghan would be told you must respect the office not the person in the office.

I will happy enough if the Democrats win both Houses in the fall -- watching Meghan then. She seems to believe the vast majority agree with her. Then she can retire at the end of the year. If there is a big red wave in November she will be too insufferable to watch. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

I almost wish they would replace her with Ana, because Meghan is not going anywhere.

I don't believe Meghan is safe at all, considering Whoopi's favs have been fired before (Nicolle, Raven, Michelle). Meh-gun is the worst one on this show and my only hope going into next season is that Ana takes her seat, but I wouldn't mind if Yvette Nicole Brown replaced Sara either.

• Love 12
(edited)

I think Sara is immersed in mommy-land. Which is fine. But not needed on this show any longer. Not in these turmoil scary times.

ETA - and I really like her!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I wish she would do something with the hair.  It’s not working for her.  She needs a more polished style.

Or just style.   I wish the stylists would just get a "look" for each panelist--something the woman likes and something we don't ridicule.  We don't need a different hairstyle every bleepin' day.  Sunny needs a look--something she can stick with on the air and in life.  That hank-o-hair ain't it!

• Love 4
(edited)

I'd love someone to point out to Sara that if the suffragettes and later women's movements had taken her advice she may not be sitting were she is now. She tends to start lecturing people about the best way to behave a lot, and it irks me, I have to say (and Twitter too, judging by their tweets at her. I thought her "I'm not a Pollyanna" today was a bit defensive and this may explain why). Especially as her obsession with being neutral has a habit of favouring those in power/those who are doing the bullying, even if she doesn't realise it. I'd have rather had Ana talking on the Red Hen topic, she's been on fire about it elsewhere.

I don't tend to watch this show past the first few topics as I have zero interest in such non-topics as "do you get angry if your girl friend wears sexy clothes in front of your husband", but I stayed for the interviews and enjoyed Jon Meacham a lot and wanted to hear more of what he had to say. They didn't even really get to his book in any substantive way. I really like Jessica Chastain as an actress but would much rather they switched the interview spots and gave longer to Meacham. I especially liked how he said a lot of things that would've had Meghan screaming if it had been one of the ladies, but she was too scared to come back at him.

Edited by MelP
Can't seem to spell Meghan properly.
  • Love 21
42 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

I sure as fuck don't want her here till 2020 but I would so love to see her own words thrown in her face if a Democrat were to win and Meghan would be told you must respect the office not the person in the office.

Gosh, I never even thought about 2020. They are going keep that dim little twit around. UGH.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't believe Meghan is safe at all, considering Whoopi's favs have been fired before (Nicolle, Raven, Michelle). Meh-gun is the worst one on this show and my only hope going into next season is that Ana takes her seat, but I wouldn't mind if Yvette Nicole Brown replaced Sara either.

There's NO WAY YNB is moving to NYC!!  Furthermore, I don't think she's really that political.

Ana can get all the work she wants (via Skype) on CNN, NBC & MSNBC ... why would she want to give up her cushy life-style in Miami?

I missed the beginning of the second segment so watched in on DVR this evening.  Everyone was laughing about the $5 & Joy autographing it for the lady in the audience.  The only one not laughing?  Pissy-faced Meggie!!!  She rose to the occasion when her old boss was guesting, but not when everyone was watching her at the beginning of the second segment.  What a juvenile twit!!!

Just now, maggiemae said:

MM the bitch could not even join in the fun of Joy giving the audience member $5 for her library fine. Man - I cannot stand her. What a barrel of fun she is. sigh

LOL Maggiemae!!  Great minds ...

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There's NO WAY YNB is moving to NYC!!  Furthermore, I don't think she's really that political.

And surely it would be a cut in pay.  She has lots of jobs that pay well and lead to other good things.  She wouldn't want to be stuck at a table where everything she says is judged...harshly.

• Love 4

Being a regular host on this show saps the brain cells of people... Nicolle, Rosie P, Sara, even Whoopi.  I think only Joy is immune, maybe because she was there at the start.  I wouldn't want that to happen to either Ana or YNB.  They are too good for this show.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Being a regular host on this show saps the brain cells of people... Nicolle, Rosie P, Sara, even Whoopi.  I think only Joy is immune, maybe because she was there at the start.  I wouldn't want that to happen to either Ana or YNB.  They are too good for this show.

I think it depends on where the co hosts came from.  Joy was a stand up comic for years.  She is used to having to be quick on her feet. Nicolle came from a political background so she was more comfortable with those topics but seemed to flounder when fluffier topics came up.  Rosie P. is an actress used to a script.  Sara, the opposite of Nicolle came from a more light-hearted background.  And Whoopi?  Well I think we all know what sapped her brain cells.

• Love 9
(edited)

While listening to Meggie babble-on, it occurred to me that of all the shows like The View (which I've watched since it began), The Talk, etc., I've never heard a co-host get angry & comment about how much "time" another host talked during a segment.  It only confirms what we've been saying!!!

Edited to add:  WHO does THAT???  Meggie, the entitled, no-nothing twit!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 22

I'm attempting to watch live today RBM is making this really hard though. I've never wanted this show's Summer hiatus to start sooner rather then later.

• Love 7

Day three and they are still lecturing us about how to protest government officials. Never mind what happened in the 60s. Never mind those sit ins and marches. They wanted us to be "civil" then too. 

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm attempting to watch live today RBM is making this really hard though. I've never wanted this show's Summer hiatus to start sooner rather then later.

I made it to the half hour mark.  Just boring & predictable.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Day three and they are still lecturing us about how to protest government officials. Never mind what happened in the 60s. Never mind those sit ins and marches. They wanted us to be "civil" then too. 

I feel like kicking my TV omg, these women are worried about themselves and idiots harassing them. That is not what we should be talking about. 

Meghan and Whoopie  are doing my head in.  

Don't watch if you have blood pressure issues,  it is infuriating. 

• Love 19

I thought the pitiful amount of time they used for Jon Meacham's interview was awful. He is very intelligent and could have given everyone a mini US history course if time allowed. And why was MM given the opportunity to introduce him? They should have had all the ladies at the table. Why were Whoopie and Sara not there? I only his opinion of LOTUS being re-elected in 2020 is WRONG!

• Love 12