Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/25/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday, June 25
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 26 
Jessica Chastain (“Woman Walks Ahead”); Jon Meacham (author, “The Soul Of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels”)

Wednesday, June 27
 Amber Tamblyn (author, “Any Man”)

Thursday, June 28 
The Political View with Harris Faulkner (TV anchor; author, “9 Rules of Engagement: A Military Brat’s Guide to Life and Success”); Michael Douglas (“Ant-Man and The Wasp”)

Friday, June 29 
Joy’s Comedy Corner: Sebastian Maniscalco (author, “Stay Hungry”)

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 8
(edited)

Meghan is from a border state and that makes her an expert in building and construction.

She can answer all your questions about why the Mexico wall can't be built.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Seriously Meghan a drone wall?  And how long before those drones are armed?

I've seen that movie. It doesn't end well.

I was surprised how strongly Meghan spoke against Melania. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, May Jacks said:

Both sides McCain thinks Time Magazine needs to do profiles on trump voters and why trump is so "popular"? Is she kidding me? NYT does this all the time. I'm sick of hearing about trump voters and why they do this and don't do that. She is insufferable. 

I liked the tangent this sent Joy off into about what happens when the Trump voters Meh-gun wants all news and media to suddenly become apologists for decide they don't care about children being thrown into dog cages and separated from their parents. In so many words, it seemed to me like that was Joy's way of responding to Meh-gun's holier-than-thou attitude with, "And you want us to focus on trying to sympathize with and understand people who wouldn't even care about that?"

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Hate to break it to Meghan, Time Magazine doesn't have to do a piece on  Trump's base or why Trump is popular with his base. We all know who they are and why the love Trump. If she hasn't figured them out yet ,then she's more of an idiot than I thought. 

Meghan knows who Trump's base is and why they support him.  She just doesn't want to be lumped in with them.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan knows who Trump's base is and why they support him.  She just doesn't want to be lumped in with them.

I think that she is in denial. She really believes the talking point that it is economic anxiety and the derision of the coastal elites that has galvanized his base. She gets really upset when people bring up the subject of race and the changing demographics of this country.  

• Love 11
Just now, Haleth said:

Time doesn't need to do a piece about Trump supporters.  Isn't that Meghan's job?  To enlighten us all about the base?

The mainstream media continues to talk about his base. Every time something happens, they rush  to some diner, in a red district, to interrogate them about their loyalty to him. They remain steadfast, no matter what. The media refuses, to highlight the resistance  and the way that the grass roots are organizing and how the average person is engaging more and more. It is really fascinating to watch it all, unfold.. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Meghan is from a border state and that makes her an expert in building and construction.

She can answer all your questions about why the Mexico wall can't be build.

She has yet to even mention ranchers whose family has owned land for generations being asked to give up their land.  There is the dual nations agreement on flood waters, ecosystems etc.  You can see this link for a good rendition of what could happen and has already happened by another president.  

43 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I was Team Sunny today. Fuck Sarah Sanders and her crew. They have no problem hurting the public. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

I agree with @Richard - It does seem like she violated the law by using her government account.

13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I do lump her in with them.  She is complicit.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:
38 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree.  She might on the rare occasion criticize Trump but I have yet to see her call out his supporters.  

• Love 18

And most of the panel completely missed the point of Sarah Sanders being asked to leave the restaurant.  She wasn't asked to leave because the owner didn't agree with Sander's politics. She was asked to leave because she works for an administration that is causing harm to millions of people. Some of whom work at this particular restaurant.  It's not comparable to Meghan or Joy being heckled when they go out.  

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

She has yet to even mention ranchers whose family has owned land for generations being asked to give up their land.  There is the dual nations agreement on flood waters, ecosystems etc.  You can see this link for a good rendition of what could happen and has already happened by another president.  

I agree with @Richard - It does seem like she violated the law by using her government account.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure Meggie mentioned the ranchers this morning!!???

• Love 1

On the topic of the restaurant, good for Sunny for standing her ground and being able to see the difference. You can't extrapolate Sanders' experience to to say that no Republicans are welcome or anyone in the Trump administration isn't welcome. Sanders is a completely different type of beast when it comes to public exposure and the platform she is given to repeat lies and attempt to defend the indefensible. You could easily make a case for why supporting this administration goes against your religious beliefs and it then makes it no different than the cake situation which Meghan didn't seem too offended by. It's funny how she has outrage about this but tried to justify the NFL for silencing their athletes for their political protest. Funny how she doesn't see (and no one calls her out) for the fact that her beliefs aren't based on principles, but rather how they affect her. 

That lady calling the cops on the little girl...do you have nothing better to do with your life? Won't feel bad if she loses business over it. 

• Love 20

I can see where someone might want to live in the middle of Montana with lots of dogs. Dogs are awesome and you can snuggle with them if you get cold. But why would you need lots of guns? You might need a rifle to shoot any critters who get too close to the house (but if you have lots of dogs, do you really need the gun?). And an AK-47 to kill some large critter for your dinner. But I would never link the two - dogs and guns - in the same sentence. I heard someone start to say "dogs and guns?" but then the conversation moved on.

• Love 11

I’ve never seen Meghan more smiley and gleeful than when Whoopi was telling Sunny how wrong she was. Seriously, if you missed it, go back and watch. I really wanted Sunny to finally intellectually go off on both of them. 

Alas.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Her comment about this being this first time she didn't like Melania or was disappointed in her was interesting.  Especially since Joy had just pointed out that Melania was a birther.   So I guess that version of Melania was not a disappointment to MM?......

Joy has mentioned Melania being a birther multiple times on the show and Meghan never reacts. But all of the sudden, a tasteless piece of clothing rattles her so much that she finally questions Melania's character?! Verryyy telling in my humble opinion.

• Love 22
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Joy has mentioned Melania being a birther multiple times on the show and Meghan never reacts. But all of the sudden, a tasteless piece of clothing rattles her so much that she finally questions Melania's character?! Verryyy telling in my humble opinion.

It's the optics that bother Meghan.  It looks bad.

• Love 24
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

It's the optics that bother Meghan.  It looks bad.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

The mainstream media continues to talk about his base. Every time something happens, they rush  to some diner, in a red district, to interrogate them about their loyalty to him. They remain steadfast, no matter what. The media refuses, to highlight the resistance  and the way that the grass roots are organizing and how the average person is engaging more and more. It is really fascinating to watch it all, unfold.. 

And sickening.

I don't watch national news anymore.  Just cannot. 

I watch late night talk show comedians so I can see Drumpf & Ilk & Sons get called out on the irony, factual information, and stupidity. 

Inconceivable, but horribly, sadly, ridiculously true events in my life time.

I noticed Meh-gun was pointedly reading her notes when Joy was asking about how Repubs  (or anyone) can stand this debacle happening to children.

I imagine that the panel is not allowed to push back much on MM, per directives by management and Whoops, so they let her drone/screech on.  I would fucking love to read bubble thoughts above their heads when she does so.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I imagine that the panel is not allowed to push back much on MM, per directives by management and Whoops, so they let her drone/screech on.  I would fucking love to read bubble thoughts above their heads when she does so.

When Meghan said Joy could come visit Joy had a look on her face as if to say whatever bitch.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

When Meghan said Joy could come visit Joy had a look on her face as if to say whatever bitch.

It was quick shoot, but I wish somebody could gif it. That was gold!

• Love 11
(edited)
19 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Joy is not stupid. I remember how Megan used to complain about Joy not going out for drinks with her. I am like Joy, I would not go out drinking with someone I dislike. People tend to loosen up after a few drinks. Megan seems like the type that would repeat things said, after hours, when it is in her advantage to hurt you..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan was upset about Melania and her jacket because it reflected poorly on her party, that is all!   It had nothing to do with any concern for the border children.   She doesn't care about this, really she doesn't.   Same with Sarah, again it reflects poorly on this administration and she doesn't like that.   I am so tired of feeling homicidal when I watch this show. 

@Richard. Excellent post, applause. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am so tired of feeling homicidal when I watch this show. 

Me too. I think it may be time for me to lay off for a while. I was disappointed in all the hosts but Sunny today. What has to happen for those women to be so disgusted by this administration that they finally fucking get it?  

• Love 12

A few years ago, when I was young and gay, I was a cashier at a very busy store when a co-worker asked me for help on a very complicated transaction. I tried pawning it off because I was headed to break, but the panic in her eyes suggested that no, this was bad and had to be handled right now by someone who knew what they were doing (and that included herself).

I looked across the counter and the customer was a very famous politician at the time known for saying the most batshit crazy things about gay people.

Where I differ with the Red Hen owner is that I didn't own the store. I could have walked out that day, never to return, because of my ethics being violated. And the politician could have made a big story about our store and company denying her service and it would have been a nightmare (this was years before department stores got criticized by the President for not carrying his daughter's crappy shoes, but I digress). Instead I got the items shipped correctly -- and she was very polite and pleasant throughout the whole ordeal.

I don't know if I entirely agree with Sunny, but I was a little surprised that Joy was siding with SHS on this.

• Love 10
(edited)

I just re-watched the SHS discussion on YouTube, and I just have to say that Sunny was brilliant. Besides repeatedly pointing out that someone’s identity is not a choice like choosing to work in a regime that commits evil, I loved how un-phased she was when Meghan tried her “Gotcha” question by asking if Sunny would go to dinner with her considering she has family in the administration. Sunny had to have known she was about to trigger a tidal wave tantrum and she didn’t so much as blink or twitch while Meh-gun devolved into hysterics. Just… SO funny. Screw you, Meh-gun, Sunny's not going to be silenced by a rich brat like you even if the rest of the panel chooses to indulge you.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 23
(edited)
4 hours ago, geekburger said:

I’ve never seen Meghan more smiley and gleeful than when Whoopi was telling Sunny how wrong she was. Seriously, if you missed it, go back and watch. I really wanted Sunny to finally intellectually go off on both of them. 

Alas.

Oh I saw it. She was all smirky. Sunny is smarter than both whoopi and Meghan.  Whoopi knows it. Ol'Smirky McCain may not but most of us do. So f-off Meghan. 

I read sonething on twitter that said "so glad that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was not judged by the color of  her skin but the content of her character". ...hee.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Oh I saw it. She was all smirky. Sunny is smarter then both whoopi and Meghan.  Whoopi knows it. Ol'Smirky McCain may not but most of us do. So f-off Meghan. 

I read sonething on twitter that said "so glad that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was not judged by the color of  her skin but the content of her character". ...hee.

Saw that also. First reply to it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveHead2/status/1011326144212131840/photo/1

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Omg that would make the funniest meme, MM on the screen, and the panel sitting down front ala MST3K chitchatting their comments hahahahahahaj

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Omg that would make the funniest meme, MM on the screen, and the panel sitting down front ala MST3K chitchatting their comments hahahahahahaj

I flove MST3000!  Best show ever.  Crow! 

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I had no problems with Sara Sanders being asked to leave that restaurant. She is a part of an administration that is currently traumatizing children with no shame. There are parents who cannot have dinner with their children. Why should she be able to have dinner with hers, in peace.  She was not attacked physically, nobody threw invectives at her. The owner politely asked her to leave. I also wanted to add, that, the restaurant staff, is primarily LGBT, they were quite uncomfortable with her presence.  

I have absolutely no problem with the restaurant doing this - in theory.  But, this is red meat to Trump's base.  Standing on principle is a wonderful thing, but is the owner willing to lose his business over it?  It's this type of issue that will drive them to vote in the midterms.   And although Sarah Huckabee Sanders broke the rules by striking back via her WH account, she will never be punished and the owner of the restaurant will.

• Love 10