Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think Tyler is basically thinking that he could theoretically beat or lose to nearly everyone there, so he is just going to let it play it as it goes and not try to steer things one way or the other. I think Sam is the only one that he currently thinks he "needs" to get rid of before Final 2. He no longer wants KayCee as his go-to Final 2, but I think he thinks he could still beat her if it came down to it. He just doesn't actively want her anymore. So if JC and Brett choose to take her out, he's not going to stand in their way. It's also a way for him to not show his cards with all of his many F2 deals. 

I am not so sure he isn't thinking that maybe Sam may be the one to take to F2 since is seeing that there is a possibility he can't beat Kaycee. 

6 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Since he fell for Angela, he is just riding the wave strategically. Not really thinking about the jury or how betrayed his alliances will be. He is gotten incredibly lazy and his game has nosedived. And he is too arrogant to realize it. I thought he was going to win this season, and would have truly deserved it, now not so much. If he loses, he will only have himself to blame.

I agree he should socialize with the others more and not hole up in HOH with Angela.  This is a mistake.  I don't see him as being arrogant at all, though.   Everyone who wins betrays alliances, that is part of the game, it happens no matter how skilled you are or how hard you try.   It is unavoidable. 

Tyler is thinking with his little head.   If he changes this pattern it will be the DR waking him up.  I hope they do.  I would like to see him win but I also want to watch some action

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

Oh Julie...

Now that Kaycee is the new HOH, what would be the best and worst move she could make as HOH?
Best move is to target Tyler. Get rid of him now. But make it seem like that wasn’t her plan. Worst move, targeting Tyler. She would be hated and not trusted by her alliance.

In other words, "I don't know anything."

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Brett and Sam are the ones most in danger. I think Tyler will 100% try to target Brett for the DE. The issue is that I'm not so sure it'll work if he doesn't convince Kaycee/Angela to focus on getting Brett out earlier. I think Angela's also in danger, because if JC or potentially Brett win DE HOH, Angela's going up on the block. I'm not sure about Brett's noms, but I could see it being Sam/Angela. 

I think the order of most in danger to least goes as such: Sam, Brett, Angela, JC, Kaycee, Tyler.

Tyler's hit list, based on his Snapchat where he pointed at the memory wall, seemed to be Scottie, then Haleigh, then Brett, then Angela, then JC, and Kaycee and him. It seemed like he totally forgot about Sam. 

This was before the Showmance ramped up, and before JC went all out with his Kaycee/Angela talk, and before Kaycee won this HOH, so I wonder how much it's changed. 

Apparently, he's already started to plant some Brett seeds with Kaycee this week, though. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, zorak said:

A sampling of what Sam has been sweeping up.  Yuck!

broom shot.png

What in the actual hell is that, a live chicken that crawled into a cupboard and exploded?!  No wonder Sam is nuts - I would be too if I was stepping on that kind of gnarly crap for three months!

13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Frankly, at this point, I'm going to disappointed if Swaggy doesn't pull a Kanye on every one at every opportunity. "I'mma let you finish but let's talk more about Swaggy."

Saggy CAN be contained if production stands up to him, but at this point I actually hope he does go full-on Kanye.  Why not?  This season, production has repeatedly ignored the assault of several HG's by a creepy little stalker troll, we had Scottie go way nasty in his live eviction speech, and there have been very questionable comp wins.  So I no longer care who wins because so many things have already been allowed to happen - on live tv - that never should've been allowed.  Just crown the winner within the first five minutes of the last live show and hand the mic to Saggy C for the rest.  Much like Probst now spends the majority of Survivor's finale promoting random crap that has nothing to do with the show, might as well let BB do the exact same thing so we can all go to bed earlier.

I think I am just extra pissed because I am concurrently re-watching old seasons, and they seem so much more tightly produced, with much better narrative flow and a lot less boring, stupid filler.  I expected more from season 20, especially with this cast.  And I'm still seething over Scottie making me hate him.  So....namaste, y'all.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

because so many things have already been allowed to happen - on live tv - that never should've been allowed. 

Much like Probst now spends the majority of Survivor's finale promoting random crap that has nothing to do with the show, might as well let BB do the exact same thing so we can all go to bed earlier.

Even though the objectionable stuff happened on live TV I still think this is been a better season than last season with its over the top hatefulness.

Going to bed earlier works for me since apparently the final episode is being aired from 9:30 to 11:00 p.m. to accommodate the Survivor debut.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Especially when you take into account what he was wearing: a leather, custom-made chilltown basketball jersey and shorts set accented with rhinestones, and a backwards visor.

He's the walking embodiment of second-hand mortification.

I wish I  could like this 1000 times.   The memories.  Season 2 was the first season I watched.   Mike was such a complete tool.

I would love to see bitter Scottie re-enter the jury house and relay his theories.   Unfortunately, that won’t happen. I wonder if we get to see the jury house at all because of him.  

I never bought Sam didn’t know the game.  She watched the show.  No doubt of that.  She is playing clueless as strategy.  

Who would you all like to see leave this week?  I’d like to see Hayley save herself, JC goes up and out.  Other than JC, anyone from L6 except Brett.     

• Love 2

Kaycee overplayed and sealed her doom in the game. She went from being a "no threat" to a player in Tyler's crosshairs because he now sees she has to go because she is a threat to his win. If he does not get rid of her soon, she could win crucial comps at the end and get rid of HIM. 

Kaycee should have thrown that HOH. She did not need to win it. She was on nobody's radar. She would have been safe for at least 3 more evictions and she could have sailed to final four with Tyler, Angela, JC, and Brett. 

I think Hayleigh and Sam will go on Thursday. Then JC and Kaycee will go, making the final 3 Tyler, Angela and Brett. I am hoping Brett then goes full throttle and wins the final HOH and gets rid of Tyler. 

A f2 of Angela and Brett may give Brett the game. I think this is now Brett's game to win. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think I am just extra pissed because I am concurrently re-watching old seasons, and they seem so much more tightly produced, with much better narrative flow and a lot less boring, stupid filler.  I expected more from season 20, especially with this cast.  And I'm still seething over Scottie making me hate him.  So....namaste, y'all.

I agree.   The cast this season has been the best in years.  Production has let us all down.  CBS needs to clean house and put people in charge that really give a shit.  Grodner and her minions need to be replaced. 

I would give anything to see Sam win after that dumbass tweet from Derrick.  I cannot stand his pompous ass.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

Kaycee should have thrown that HOH. She did not need to win it. She was on nobody's radar. She would have been safe for at least 3 more evictions and she could have sailed to final four with Tyler, Angela, JC, and Brett.

Agreed, but Kaycee is playing a team game, and she wanted the win to keep L6 safe. She doesn't seem to ever think about her own game, just what's best for the team.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Saggy CAN be contained if production stands up to him, but at this point I actually hope he does go full-on Kanye.  Why not?  This season, production has repeatedly ignored the assault of several HG's by a creepy little stalker troll, we had Scottie go way nasty in his live eviction speech, and there have been very questionable comp wins.  So I no longer care who wins because so many things have already been allowed to happen - on live tv - that never should've been allowed.  Just crown the winner within the first five minutes of the last live show and hand the mic to Saggy C for the rest.  Much like Probst now spends the majority of Survivor's finale promoting random crap that has nothing to do with the show, might as well let BB do the exact same thing so we can all go to bed earlier.

I have never paid much attention to Kanye and so I don't understand what you mean "go full-on Kanye". If anyone would care to translate I would certainly appreciate that.

However, if you are looking for a reason for the strange occurrences this season, one possible explanation is that maybe it has been decided this is BB's last season and so the production people just no longer care very much and they just want to get through this season ASAP and then leave.

I have no reason for making this suggestion except that IMO, this show has become very tired - not only to me - but also to the host as well as many of the production staff. Again, this is just my own speculation and I have no facts to support this except that I have been getting increasingly fed up with this - I was going to say "show" - but I don't really know what it is anymore. Is it a game? Is it a contest? Is it rigged TV entertainment? I have no clue anymore and I'm thinking Julie Chen may  also be feeling "done" with this show.

There is effectively zero chance that this is the last season of Big Brother. It's one of CBS' most successful shows, all things considered. The ratings remain essentially the same every year, it takes up three hours a week and it costs practically nothing to produce. It is not going anywhere. 

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Agreed, but Kaycee is playing a team game, and she wanted the win to keep L6 safe. She doesn't seem to ever think about her own game, just what's best for the team.

Agreed, but that seems to be working very well for Kaycee. Many people seem to feel the game is slipping away from Tyler. IMO, Tyler never really actively planned on winning this game. He never really had an overall strategy for winning. He just employed a few basic tactics - like ...

.  join an alliance of good players who seemed to have similar attitudes - Angela, KC and Brett all seem to be good physical competitors and have remained loyal to L6 so far

. accept all F2 deals that people proposed to him

. try not to get any unnecessary blood on his hands

. try not to pick any unnecessary fights with others

. try not to get into any unnecessary showmances  - Ooops - he messed up on that one

My point is that so many of the other people in the house are complete train wrecks that almost any set of tactics would be good enough to make Tyler appear to be the favorite.

Consider Shaggy, Bailley, Kaitlin, Fessel, Scottie, BlockStar, Steve, Hailley, Sam and even Rachel (to a lesser extent).  IMHO, these people were all complete disasters. It really didn't take much to beat them. Most all of them seemed to jump at the chance of beating themselves. How much of a strategist did Tyler have to be?

There is an important difference between Strategy and Tactics.  I have tried to look up these two words many times (in dictionaries and encyclopedias and online search engines).  My conclusion is that most people have no idea what the difference is. My personal feeling is that a Strategy is an overall plan that has a defined goal of winning a game or winning a war and that it consists of a set of discrete tactics. But tactics - on the other hand - are individual actions that contribute to winning but -  on their own - only act to out-manouever an opponent in one specific aspect of a contest.  For example, all the points I listed above that Tyler did are individual tactics. Tyler never needed a comprehensive strategy because all those individual tactics kept him miles ahead of all the other players because they had no Strategy and very little in the way of Tactics either. They were all pretty much disasters when it came to playing this game.

The above are just my opinions and I've been up all night so if they don't make much sense to you, that may be why.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I have never paid much attention to Kanye and so I don't understand what you mean "go full-on Kanye". If anyone would care to translate I would certainly appreciate that.

At the MTV Music Awards in 2009, Taylor Swift won for best video and Kanye West walked onto the stage and interrupted her acceptance speech, took her microphone, saying: "Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!"

• Love 7

My feeling is that anyone in L4 has a chance of winning sitting with anyone from their alliance. It is a toss up. Each person has contributed and been a part of all four of them getting to where they are. This was not just Tyler's vision. It was the vision of Rachel;,Angela, Brett and Winston. Then Tyler and KayCee were brought in.  While Brett may not have won any comps ( except his pov), he has been invaluable as a resource. He did what the others could not. Deep infiltration and never being connected with L6 ( until Hay started getting a clue). And all these moves developed over the season. Initially RS did seem to be on to Brett until they came up with he lone wolf strategy for him. It worked !  Others have been a block of votes and comp winners. I think they can all make an excellent  case in jury, game wise. Angela lacks the most socially but Brett has built some bridges and Scottie is back there now telling them what a great guy Brett has been while the other s were dicking around and getting sucked.

It will be an interesting finale. Any  F4  should win sitting next to Sam.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 6

As far as Kanye West goes, I looked him up on Wikipedia and got the idea that he is someone with tremendous musical talent and abilities but unfortunately engaged in some terrible action one night by interrupting an award show. It was the sort of act that I would attribute to being drunk or high on some kind of drugs. Not criminal. But just very offensive. The result was that his excellent career kind of took a dive right into the toilet.  He kind of shot himself in the foot. Is that what you meant by "going full-on Kanye West"?

33 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

At the MTV Music Awards in 2009, Taylor Swift won for best video and Kanye West walked onto the stage and interrupted her acceptance speech, took her microphone, saying: "Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!"

Thank you for answering me.

17 minutes ago, missyb said:

My feeling is that anyone in L4 has a chance of winning sitting with anyone from their alliance. It is a toss up. Each person has contributed and been a part of all four of them getting to where they are. This was not just Tyler's vision. It was the vision of Rachel;,Angela, Brett and Winston. Then Tyler and KayCee were brought in.  While Brett may not have won any comps ( except his pov), he has been invaluable as a resource. He did what the others could not. Deep infiltration and never being connected with L6 ( until Hay started getting a clue). And all these moves developed over the season. Initially RS did seem to be on to Brett until they came up with he lone wolf strategy for him. It worked !  Others have been a block of votes and comp winners. I think they can all make an excellent  case in jury, game wise. Angela lacks the must socially but Brett has built some bridges and Scottie is back there now telling them what a great guy Brett has been while the other s were dicking around and getting sucked.

It will be an interesting finale. Any  F4  should win sitting next to Sam.

Nice post.  Well stated.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Kaycee overplayed and sealed her doom in the game. She went from being a "no threat" to a player in Tyler's crosshairs because he now sees she has to go because she is a threat to his win. If he does not get rid of her soon, she could win crucial comps at the end and get rid of HIM. 

I think Hayleigh and Sam will go on Thursday. Then JC and Kaycee will go, making the final 3 Tyler, Angela and Brett. I am hoping Brett then goes full throttle and wins the final HOH and gets rid of Tyler. 

A f2 of Angela and Brett may give Brett the game. I think this is now Brett's game to win. 

You make some great points. I never thought of it but you are certainly correct about KC throwing that HoH win. My guess is it has never crossed her mind to throw a competition. She appears to have the kind of character that makes her go "full on" "beast mode" in every competition. Hence the, "LET'S GO"

2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I agree.   The cast this season has been the best in years.  Production has let us all down.  CBS needs to clean house and put people in charge that really give a shit.  Grodner and her minions need to be replaced. 

I would give anything to see Sam win after that dumbass tweet from Derrick.  I cannot stand his pompous ass.  

I laugh at Derrick. He acts like he is some kind of professional expert analyst on important global issues. His opinions and predictions sound insightful. But it has to all be complete bullshit! Why is that? Because we all have seen Production has tremendous influence and control and they push people into doing things they think will be good for the show.

It's just nuts that Derrick thinks he can make conclusions and predictions based on a rational analysis when so much of these events are influenced and controlled by production. I think the fact that so many people dislike cops bothers him and he wants to present some bullshit image that he is more than just a thug in cops clothing. Fuck Derrick.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Yeah, just admit you genuinely forgot to mention her. Derrick still mentioned Haleigh and there's a 1% chance she makes it to the end. Sam certainly has a higher chance of making it since there technically are bigger targets than her and she COULD somehow get to F3 due to L6+JC taking shots at each other. While, with someone like Haleigh, she's a goner by Thursday. 

2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

It really all depends. I do feel like Brett could go on Thursday, but he'd need to work Angela and Kaycee on presenting Brett as a big threat who needs to go. Right now, I do think Angela and Kaycee want L4 in the F4. Tyler can make some moves to get him out, but he'd need to be upfront about his reasons to the two women. I think Tyler would much rather target Brett before Kaycee, even though she's a bigger comp threat. Brett almost won this HOH so he may be picking it up in the competitions. I know he knows he can't take Kaycee to the end, but he might also not want to betray her during the DE when they have a F2 and he's been super loyal to her. This is the time to break off deals, but his deal with Kaycee was the most genuine and I don't think he can find it in himself to cut her so quickly during the DE unless it's her and Angela. Even with the surprise eviction the following week, I think he'd rather get rid of Brett first. 

That's why I don't think it's Brett's game to win. He'll be a target for Tyler once Haleigh is gone, even above Sam and possibly even Kaycee. He's shown little loyalty to Brett the last few weeks so he'll find it easier to cut him. We already saw him being torn up in the DR when he thought Angela had to go for merely having JC as her target. And once Haleigh goes, I think JC will find it easy to cut Brett if he can't get out Angela. I cannot see Tyler letting Brett near F4, even though it could be easier to cut Brett at F4, rather than F5 or F6. However, what I've been talking myself into is that Brett's path is easier than I thought it would be once thinking about DE and thinking about which votes Tyler could get to vote Brett out, since that would be the ideal time if he doesn't want Brett to have a chance at the Days comp. 

But, honestly, right now, I can't even see the eviction order for sure. I only see Haleigh or Sam leaving this week (depending on if Haleigh wins veto). And then, with the DE, it'll either be Haleigh if she's not gone first or Sam or JC. I can see JC being a target if Tyler wins DE HOH, puts up Brett/Sam, Sam wins veto and then Tyler will likely put up JC, sending JC right out the door (since Angela/Kaycee might not be swayed by Tyler's insistence that Brett needs to go as they'll just blame JC). 

However, I also think there's a chance Tyler does mist Kaycee/Angela into getting Brett out during the DE. It'll show how good of a player he is, as Kaycee/Angela are hardcore L6 to F4, and I think Tyler has some information as his loaded gun for DE. It's hard to say for sure, though, which is why I'm only confident on this next eviction being either Sam or Haleigh leaving. 

• Love 2

The only way I will be satisfied with the end of this season will be if on finale night someone wins the final HoH and kicks out Tyler. The look on his face will be priceless and totaly worth it. Almost as good as Vanessa's!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I agree that there is something a bit compelling about two people actively trying NOT to fall for each other actually falling for each other despite themselves. 

Well, if you make them a couple of sexy federal agents, then throw in some MOTWs and a seriously half-assed conspiracy plot, you can ride that franchise till you break it! Two or three times. Maybe more, I lost count.

I wonder if they'll have Julie ignore Scottie entirely during the finale. Maybe clip a mike on him just so he doesn't suspect anything's amiss, but then leave it off for good measure.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

but at this point I actually hope he does go full-on Kanye.

I would LOVE to see Slaggy-D make a fool of himself like Kanye. Now we've learned to laugh at it, not be shocked by it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MissBluxom said:

Agreed, but that seems to be working very well for Kaycee. Many people seem to feel the game is slipping away from Tyler. IMO, Tyler never really actively planned on winning this game. He never really had an overall strategy for winning. He just employed a few basic tactics - like ...

@MissBluxom I loved your entire post.  

I’m not sure about Tyler’s strategy.   I’d disagree on the bolded.   He planned on winning.   I think he HAD a strategy.   Unfortunately, I believe his relationship with Angela has gotten in the way.   He is slipping.   He should be integrating himself more with the house, not spending all his time with Angela.   It’s one thing to foster final two deals and special relationships with everyone but if you don’t continue make feed those relationships, their loyalty will waiver.   JC is slowly catching on to him.  Hayley has his number.   Maybe Sam is still snowed but who really knows with Sam.  Angela will not hesitate to cut him. 

As much as I like Tyler would want him to win, I’m glad to see him slipping.  It does make for a more interesting game, and except for JC, I wouldn’t mind any of the remaining houseguests winning.  Double eviction should be interesting.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

@MissBluxom I loved your entire post.  

I’m not sure about Tyler’s strategy.   I’d disagree on the bolded.   He planned on winning.   I think he HAD a strategy.   Unfortunately, I believe his relationship with Angela has gotten in the way.   He is slipping.   He should be integrating himself more with the house, not spending all his time with Angela.   It’s one thing to foster final two deals and special relationships with everyone but if you don’t continue make feed those relationships, their loyalty will waiver.   JC is slowly catching on to him.  Hayley has his number.   Maybe Sam is still snowed but who really knows with Sam.  Angela will not hesitate to cut him. 

As much as I like Tyler would want him to win, I’m glad to see him slipping.  It does make for a more interesting game, and except for JC, I wouldn’t mind any of the remaining houseguests winning.  Double eviction should be interesting.  

This season is becoming more interesting by the minute. We could have some major explosions coming up (JC and Sam especially). Just a few days ago everyone seemed to be resigned to a predictible and boring season. Oh my. How quickly things have changed.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

This season is becoming more interesting by the minute. We could have some major explosions coming up (JC and Sam especially). Just a few days ago everyone seemed to be resigned to a predictible and boring season. Oh my. How quickly things have changed.

Things are changing because it is coming down to the wire and only one person can win. 

• Love 2

This season is becoming more interesting by the minute. We could have some major explosions coming up (JC and Sam especially). Just a few days ago everyone seemed to be resigned to a predictable and boring season. Oh my. How quickly things have changed.

It always happens, it is cannibal time!  I love this part.  

• Love 5

So...interesting article from Allison Grodner. Here's the interesting part of it:

BBN: It comes up near the end of every season and we’re never sure of the answer. Are the F2 HGs eligible for the America’s Fav HG prize or is that restricted to HGs not already about to win top two prize money?

Allison Grodner: America’s Favorite HG is open to all the HGs.

So, congrats to Tyler on winning AFP AND quite possibly the game!

But seriously, there's now no contest on who wins AFP. It won't be JC, at least! But Tyler takes the win in a landslide.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So...interesting article from Allison Grodner. Here's the interesting part of it:

But seriously, there's now no contest on who wins AFP. It won't be JC, at least! But Tyler takes the win in a landslide.

I know Alison said, but I actually don't believe it. My guess is that voting may be ,open but top two don't count. She is being evasive. Just my opinion . Not fact.

i think bayliegh will win. Swaggy has been gaining a twitter following and is already starting the campaigning  for Bay.

Edited by missyb
13 minutes ago, missyb said:

Dri know Aluson said, but I actually don't believe it. My guess is that voting may be open but top two don't count. She is being evasive. Just my opinion . Not fact.

i think bayliegh will win. Swaggy ghas been gaining a twitter following and is already starting the campaigning  for Bay.

Well, this may be the first time where she's not evasive. I think her saying that it's open to ALL houseguests makes it pretty clear. Unless, you know, she's lying. But CBB was the first time where AFP was open to everyone, including finalists, and that's why Ross won it. So it's possible they're testing it out this year. Also, I've seen things online where people claim that Grodner's never been clear on the AFP eligibility and it's always been open to the F2, but I don't think that's true. 

I also don't think Bayleigh has a chance of winning. Swaggy may be rallying up his Swayleigh fanbase, but they're not THAT big. Plus, Hive/FOUTTE fans are rallying to vote for Haleigh since she's been in the house far longer and has made more of an impression with the casuals. Bayleigh had her time, but she left early enough where she wouldn't win. 

• Love 3

It's still boring and predictable to me because none of this stuff has happened yet. When shit hits the fan for Tyler and he's dealing with the fall out, maybe it'll be interesting then. But until then? Snore. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think F2 contestants have always been eligible for voting, they just can't win. After all, voting starts before the F2 is announced, ya know? So she's telling the truth that everyone is open to be voted AFP, they just won't give it to the top vote-getter if they are in the F2.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

think F2 contestants have always been eligible for voting, they just can't win. After all, voting starts before the F2 is announced, ya know? So she's telling the truth that everyone is open to be voted AFP, they just won't give it to the top vote-getter if they are in the F2.

I agree. That's why I thought she was being evasive with her answer. Although @Lady Calypso did point out that Ross was  a finalist in Celebrity BB, but that was a first and it was Celebrity BB.  Is Alison had been asked, can the top two finalist win the AFP, may have been the same answer which is not a direct answer.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's still boring and predictable to me because none of this stuff has happened yet. When shit hits the fan for Tyler and he's dealing with the fall out, maybe it'll be interesting then. But until then? Snore. 

Yea really. I mean people have some interesting spec, but all it is now is spec. It might happen, but it might not. Personally, I bet it will continue to be predictable and boring.

12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think F2 contestants have always been eligible for voting, they just can't win. After all, voting starts before the F2 is announced, ya know? So she's telling the truth that everyone is open to be voted AFP, they just won't give it to the top vote-getter if they are in the F2.

Yea, I think you're right. But, @Lady Calypso might be right about them testing out F2 being able to win since they let Ross win in CBB. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

You guys could be right, and I'm definitely not cutting this possibility out. The reason why I think F2 is now able to win AFP is the way the question itself is worded and how blunt Allison is about AFP being open for all houseguests. If the question didn't have this part: 

BBN: It comes up near the end of every season and we’re never sure of the answer. Are the F2 HGs eligible for the America’s Fav HG prize or is that restricted to HGs not already about to win top two prize money?

then I wouldn't be so confused. However, yes, being "eligible" is technically different from "being able to win" AFP. I just think that Allison actually answering it with an answer that seems to suggest that any houseguest, including F2, can win it makes it seem like the rules are different this year. Plus, now all news outlets and all social media platforms are running with the change so if we don't hear a statement from Grodner about correcting her statement, then I think it'll be safe to say that they're testing out AFP's new rules from CBB. 

• Love 1

I'm sure Haleigh will win AFP. She's the scrappy underdog, fighting the evil L6 alliance. Sigh. She wouldn't be the worst winner, but again, I hate her TV edit. But please not JC. Hopefully he's gotten enough bad press to shut down his edit as well.

• Love 2

Tyler is dipping very small crackers into a jar of peanut butter.  On the one hand, he isn't double dipping the crackers.  On the other, there is NO WAY he's not getting touching the peanut butter in the jar with the fingers he just licked when he is dipping the crackers.  Yuck. 

ETA, not crackers.  Chex cereal.  

Edited by Thalia
Because Chex cereal makes it all right. No wait, it doesn't.
  • Love 2

My family just watches the show.  Bayleigh and JC are not on their radar for AFP.   I think it will come down to how the last few weeks play out that will determine the AFP. Normally in past seasons there are certain houseguests that get a raw deal or is a standout in a group of losers.  This is not the case this year.   The remaining, except for JC, are deserving of the prize in their own way.   My guess is if a L6 member gets ousted during double eviction or backdoored, then they will mostly likely win AFP.   

My guess it will be Sam will win unless Tyler is not in the finals.  

I would love to see Scottie just as a f-you to Grodner.  Because I’m sure CBS would love to blacklist him from the finale.  

• Love 3

Didn't see it posted (apologies if I missed it and this is old news) but according to Jokers, the Veto players will be Angela, Brett and Tyler along with KC, Sam and Haleigh.  Pretty much a guarantee that noms will stay the same unless Haleigh wins.  At least there is that small chance that she does and JC will be available for the re-nom.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm sure Haleigh will win AFP. She's the scrappy underdog, fighting the evil L6 alliance. Sigh. She wouldn't be the worst winner, but again, I hate her TV edit. But please not JC. Hopefully he's gotten enough bad press to shut down his edit as well.

I think Haleigh will either win or get second place to Tyler, for sure. She is going to be more well known with the casuals. I don't think she's the worst candidate, not like some previous winners (*cough Frank and Jeff cough*). Plus the first female AFP winner since Elissa? I mean, she's no Elissa by a long shot, but it's better than a Bayleigh AFP win. 

Also, I just can't have it be JC. Haleigh's a way better winner than JC. At least with Haleigh, she's not a true piece of shit and they've edited that out. Haleigh's more of a dumbass player and they're editing her to be a mastermind. That's pretty harmless.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Tyler is dipping very small crackers into a jar of peanut butter.  On the one hand, he isn't double dipping the crackers.  On the other, there is NO WAY he's not getting touching the peanut butter in the jar with the fingers he just licked when he is dipping the crackers.  Yuck. 

ETA, not crackers.  Chex cereal.  

I do this ... but I don’t live with a bunch of strangers in a apparently smelly, falling apart you seen their dust pan studio with questionable expiration dated food. ... so...you know...

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Just remember,CBS and the TPTB have the final day on who wins AFP. They have the right to ignore our votes and pick who they want. That’s why I don’t vote anymore.

So do you think they wanted Cody to win AFP last year?  I don't think they care about AFP and I believe our votes count.  I see no advantage for production or CBS to choose the AFP.  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Well, perhaps others see that, too.  I see a young woman who got herself in the underdog position through her own mistakes and poor observation skills.  She was a tad bitchy at times and sulked a bit but scrappy?  I just don't see that at all!  :^)

• Love 5

Tyler is stronger than I am - I'd want JC kicked out just to show him he's not as smart as he thinks he is, even if it'd be terrible for my game. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 18