Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, HartofDixie said:

Prejury getting that sponsored post cash.

I still want to know why Winston is wearing scrubs. On his Instrgram he said he was neither a doctor or a dentist. So, what is he? That said, he does have great teeth.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if the longer Haleigh stays in the game if it helps her chances for AFP?! I think Tyler is coasting a little and is lucky that Kaycee won HOH. I think he needs a mental break for the week and might rest easier. At least, until POV comes up. Either way, he or Angela aren't going up. They could either send Haleigh or Sam home. Then the DE comes right up and it's a free for all. That will be crazy good and the final test for Level 6/5/4. At this point, I don't know if Tyler is a slam dunk to win against anyone but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I mean, I think it's now a given that Haleigh will be the representative for AFP from Hive/FOUTTE. Her edit has basically solidified her as an underdog and that'll have the casuals voting for her. Even if she left right now, she's already a contender. However, the question I have is if she can beat JC or Brett. I think she cannot beat JC. I'm convinced that JC will win if Tyler is in F2. He's constantly getting cheers and laughs when he votes. He's consistently getting the funny, comedic segments or the mastermind segments. Unless casuals really follow the news about JC online, they won't know what a piece of shit he is. 

So, I say prepare for a JC win but I'd even hope for a Haleigh win over a JC win. I don't want JC anywhere near AFP, but he's 100% in the top three. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I still want to know why Winston is wearing scrubs. On his Instrgram he said he was neither a doctor or a dentist. So, what is he? That said, he does have great teeth.

I believe Winston is a medical sales rep.

Just now, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I haaaaaaaaaaate Haleigh's bullshit edit and I would still absolutely love her to win over JC. Fuck that guy so hard. 

Yeah, the edit is not her fault. I know JC's edit isn't his fault either but he's such a piece of shit that I will blame him regardless.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

I know y’all think JC has no shot at winning but I’m not so convinced. I feel like he’d win against pretty much anyone except Haleigh. 

I just don't think he'll win because he won't make it to Final Two. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Plenty of us who work in health care and/or biomedical research wear scrubs.  ;)  However, medical sales reps usually wear suits, unless they have to go into the OR to demo a device or procedure with a device.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, green said:

Julie tried but she'd have better luck explaining string theory to Fessy.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

3 hours ago, Gummo said:

Did anyone else notice that last night they finally gave up on the stupid theme for this year? Unless those were supposed to be COMPUTER!  pearls rolling into COMPUTER! clamshells under the COMPUTER! ocean.

Did I hear Julie call that challenge the "Lost City of Biglantis?"  Or did I dream that?  Either way, I cringed.  They could've recycled the emoji balls and rolled those into  - I don't know, a disk drive or something - oh, crap, who the hell cares.  Clearly there is a junior high-school a/v club running this year's comps, anyway.

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

They need something to fill the Sunday episode- unless they intend to show us more funny JC antics (insert eyeroll here); more canoodling Angela & Tyler (cute- but okay we've seen enough) and more Hayleigh mastermind edits (another eyeroll). 

I will take an entire hour of jury house, please.  I am so completely bored with the blergy showmance, Brett's loud-talking DR's, and the feeble attempts to portray JC as "cute."  Double-evict these fools every week, shorten the show by several days, and show us reruns of The King of Queens until Survivor starts.

And also thank you very much, Scottie, for skeeving me right out of the misguided and very odd crush I had on you.  Bad move...you could've gone out with class, and you're old enough to know better.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I know y’all think JC has no shot at winning but I’m not so convinced. I feel like he’d win against pretty much anyone except Haleigh. 

I can't see him winning against someone like Kaycee. The Hive are pretty bitter, but I cannot see Haleigh or Bayleigh voting for JC over some others in the house. He's not a good speaker because the way he says things sounds condescending, and I don't think enough people respect him to give him the win. He can certainly win over specific people, but not as a whole. 

I cannot see him winning against Kaycee, for sure. I can't see him winning against Haleigh, even with the numbers being in L6's favour. I think it's 50/50 when it comes to Sam or Tyler. It's more up in the air with Brett and Angela, but he could win against those two.

So, basically, it's 1/3 likely to win, 1/3 going either way, and 1/3 probably not. At least, that's how I see it. And yeah, I said above that JC was #2 in losing to Tyler, but I also think the Hive could choose JC over Tyler in some circumstance. I tend to lean toward him not winning against Tyler, so maybe he's in the probably not beating Tyler category.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

16 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

Plenty of us who work in health care and/or biomedical research wear scrubs.  ;)  However, medical sales reps usually wear suits, unless they have to go into the OR to demo a device or procedure with a device.  

I think I heard him once say that he does go in the OR with doctors.  Something like, I'm not a doctor but I work worth in the OR with them.  It was confusing to me because I apparently have no idea what medical sales people do.  I thought they were maybe like vacuum salesmen only in hospitals lol

• Love 2

goofed up a quote box, but it's not unusual for a medical sales rep to put on scrubs and go into the OR with a surgeon to calibrate/set up special equipment, etc.

Or Winston just wants to wear scrubs to look cute for Brett, who knows.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think I heard him once say that he does go in the OR with doctors.  Something like, I'm not a doctor but I work worth in the OR with them.  It was confusing to me because I apparently have no idea what medical sales people do.  I thought they were maybe like vacuum salesmen only in hospitals lol

My parent was in medical sales. They never wore scrubs. Had they worn them I would have stolen them. They are sooooooooooo comfortable.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HartofDixie said:

I wonder if anything happened post BB with Victoria.

I dunno; Victoria was cute, to be sure - but I don’t know if she was cute ENOUGH to get above the line on the Hot/Crazy Scale.  ;>

1 hour ago, Irishsecra said:

But Kaycee also said if Hay comes down, JC goes up and Sam goes out.

Makes no sense at all to me.

Unless JC pulls a Rachel and self-destructs as soon as he’s OTB - and I’ve probably give better than even odds on that.

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I don't get that part either. I guess Tyler might think it is his best chance to get Sam out without his "approval." "Sam, Brett, Angela and Hay are voting you out, there's nothing I can do to stop them."

That - is a distinct possibility.  And at this point in the game, I kinda expect Tyler is looking for ANY opportunity to dump either Sam or JC without getting BOHH.

59 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if the longer Haleigh stays in the game if it helps her chances for AFP?! 

I expect “Hay for AFP!” is Production’s goal these days, and explains the OTT sweetheart underdog edit she’s been getting the last few episodes.  I mean - TPTB have to give AFP to someone, and they’re starting to run low on alternatives.  

1. Sam was initially dingled out by Production for the AFP edit - but that was before they found out Sam liked to try catching bats to supplement the ones already residing in her belfry.  
  2. JC was their second pick, before he started going Telemundo Mondo Pervo on them.  Can you imagine the headlines the day after Finale, if JC wins AFP?
  • SERIAL SEXUAL ASSAILANT WINS BIG BROTHER’S ‘FAVORITE PLAYER’ PRIZE
  • BIG BROTHER’S J. C. MOUNDUIX: AMERICA’S FAVORITE MOLESTER?
  • BIG BROTHER’S JC FACES SEXUAL ASSAULT CHARGES: BB ‘FEEDS’ VIDEO TO BE USED AS EVIDENCE

... not to mention all the lovely accompanying artwork from JC’s -ah- “colorful” video presence on YouTube.  Think CBS wants to see THAT?

So yeah, I could definitely see Hay getting the AFP script now; of all the people in (or almost certainly headed for) the JH, Hay is easily the most inoffensive.

However, the question I have is if [Haleigh] can beat JC or Brett. I think she cannot beat JC. I'm convinced that JC will win if Tyler is in F2. He's constantly getting cheers and laughs when he votes. He's consistently getting the funny, comedic segments or the mastermind segments. Unless casuals really follow the news about JC online, they won't know what a piece of shit he is. 

But if Production gets a strong whiff of an imminent JC departure to the JH, they can flip that script in JC with a single epidode’s edit.  They’re already tweaking around the edges of it, in showing some of his general bossiness (and cluelessness) with the other HGs.  What do you think happens to JC’s AFP chances if Production starts showing montages of some of the really vile stuff?

14 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Depends on what type of medical equipment they’re repping, and their depth of expertise in their subject matter.  If they’re selling microscopes, sure they’re probably in a suit and tie all day.  If they’re selling medical implants (replacement hips, knee joints, etc.) and a surgeon is using their device for the first time, then they’re likely to be in the OR with the surgeon as an immediately accessible on-site reference during surgery - or as a trainer, even.

Edited by Nashville
Hit ‘Save’ too soon
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Regretting to bring up the ghastly psycho from last season but...

Medical Sales Reps are in the OR when devices like the gastric stimulator/pacemaker are implanted in patients like Rayven and me. They have to take notes as the procedure takes place for their company. 

And the 'sales' part of the job description is a little misleading as there is only one company that manufactures said equipment and the rep isn't actively 'selling' it, rather he/she is delivering it in the OR and taking full fledged procedure notes while observing the surgeons actions to ensure he/she is following the steps in the correct order, the leads are placed in the proper location, etc. 

• Love 11

As to what Sunday's show may contain as filler.  Remember Vegas was really big on some post-House video they have now of Kaitlyn and thinks for sure it will be used on one of the TV episodes.  Which, given that or more endless fillers of "JC Learns to Say Turtle," I would take Kaitlyn in any form, any day.

• Love 8

If Hay and Sam go up / Hay wins PoV / Hay comes down / JC goes up, then it would make better game sense (to me, anyway) to evict JC.  Two primary reasons:

1. If Sam is “saved” on Eviction Night, she will take that as a sign of L6 solidarity and support for her - whether it truthfully is or not.
  2. If Hay comes down, then Hay stays in the House.  If Hay and Sam stay in the House together, then they go after each other hammer-and-tongs and to hell with the rest.  So Sam serves as a wildly successful distraction to Hay, keeping Hay from targeting the rest of L6.  The same cannot be said of JC.  While I suspect Hay dislikes JC mightily, Hay doesn’t have NEAR the same flames-on-the-side-of-my-face blinding rage for JC as Hay does for Sam.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GalvDuck said:

The only thing that makes me think I was an idiot to go to law school instead of med school like my brothers. Even if you are a lawyer for a health care entity, you don't get to wear scrubs.

40 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

My parent was in medical sales. They never wore scrubs. Had they worn them I would have stolen them. They are sooooooooooo comfortable.

I stole all the scrubs from my Dad over the years. I wore them so often in law school during exams that people thought I worked at a clinic or something.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, The Companion said:

The only thing that makes me think I was an idiot to go to law school instead of med school like my brothers. Even if you are a lawyer for a health care entity, you don't get to wear scrubs.

I stole all the scrubs from my Dad over the years. I wore them so often in law school during exams that people thought I worked at a clinic or something.

and, I mean the old green/blue scrubs. Not the new ones that look like pajamas. That would be my dream uniform. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Gummo said:

*sigh* You know we've reached the nadir of the season when we're talking about the texture of cotton scrubs....

That is so true and so wrong of me. Okay, back to the show. I just saw Jokers and they've been on reruns for hours. I wonder if they doing something for the HG for Sunday?

17 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Scottie made TMZ.

*sigh*......just not the way I wanted to see this guy go out, but that's on him.

7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

feeds are still on old episodes.... something hinky is going on!!!

I'm picturing either JC launching himself at the barricaded HOH room, or Sam has figured out how to set fire to the BB set by using toilet cleaner and a wire she confiscated from a light fixture.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I dunno; Victoria was cute, to be sure - but I don’t know if she was cute ENOUGH to get above the line on the Hot/Crazy Scale.  ;>

Overwhelming no.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:
  1. JC was their second pick, before he started going Telemundo Mondo Pervo on them.  Can you imagine the headlines the day after Finale, if JC wins AFP?
  • SERIAL SEXUAL ASSAILANT WINS BIG BROTHER’S ‘FAVORITE PLAYER’ PRIZE
  • BIG BROTHER’S J. C. MOUNDUIX: AMERICA’S FAVORITE MOLESTER?
  • BIG BROTHER’S JC FACES SEXUAL ASSAULT CHARGES: BB ‘FEEDS’ VIDEO TO BE USED AS EVIDENCE

... not to mention all the lovely accompanying artwork from JC’s -ah- “colorful” video presence on YouTube.  Think CBS wants to see THAT?

... because grabbing and ice cream scooping the first week of the feeds, didn't give them enough of a reason to avoid the "hilarious imp" edit?? No. TPTB are morons. (You're absolutely right that they SHOULD want to avoid him winning at all costs, but they haven't shown any signs yet of figuring that out themselves.)

40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think we've all been very good BB20 posters this season, and we deserve to have JC and Sam on the block at the same time to see who self-destructs first.  Come on, Kaycee - let's go!

Manifesting this SO HARD.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm picturing either JC launching himself at the barricaded HOH room, or Sam has figured out how to set fire to the BB set by using toilet cleaner and a wire she confiscated from a light fixture.

Eating a late lunch at my desk at work ... I almost spewed a mouthful of food all over my keyboard! Well done!!

28 minutes ago, gunderda said:

feeds are still on old episodes.... something hinky is going on!!!

Anybody in the area see a cloud of smoke over Century City? And who’s on the scene - paramedics?  SWAT?  Both?  ;>

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

WTF, show?

I've asked this before, but is production on this show normally this pathetically bad, or am I only just noticing it since I've been following live feds for the first time?  I mean - sinks that fall off walls (admittedly with a giant sitting on it, but still), broken comps that take 10 hours to fix, crappy HOH baskets (Kaycee deserved way better if this is true), questionable comp wins, bendable rules, HG's that should've been evicted a long long time ago...is this just how BB is and I should take my irateness elsewhere?

• Love 3
Just now, laurakaye said:

I've asked this before, but is production on this show normally this pathetically bad, or am I only just noticing it since I've been following live feds for the first time?  I mean - sinks that fall off walls (admittedly with a giant sitting on it, but still), broken comps that take 10 hours to fix, crappy HOH baskets (Kaycee deserved way better if this is true), questionable comp wins, bendable rules, HG's that should've been evicted a long long time ago...is this just how BB is and I should take my irateness elsewhere?

Production always sucks on a moral level, and they have also always been very cheap. This season, though, has been particularly bad on a cheapness/incompetence behind the scenes sense. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Neveragain said:

The more I get a sense that Tyler’s win might be slipping away, the more I admire Derrick’s game.  

Tyler was always more Hayden than Derrick. 

Tyler's problem with the jury is twofold. 1) they are somewhat bitter and angry with him for a variety of reasons, which is why I don't understand why he doesn't sit down the person that's leaving and put in work. That's exactly what Derrick did. And 2) they don't respect his gameplay. He's done a good job selling himself as a wishy washy do nothing. It's more than just Scottie saying Tyler is a coward and can't make decisions for himself. This thought has been echoed in some variety by Bay and Fessy. The jury probably thinks Angela is the brains of that duo. 

Kaycee beats him in a rout. I don't even think that vote would be close at this point. His best/only shot is dragging Sam to end. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Tyler was always more Hayden than Derrick. 

Tyler's problem with the jury is twofold. 1) they are somewhat bitter and angry with him for a variety of reasons, which is why I don't understand why he doesn't sit down the person that's leaving and put in work. That's exactly what Derrick did. And 2) they don't respect his gameplay. He's done a good job selling himself as a wishy washy do nothing. It's more than just Scottie saying Tyler is a coward and can't make decisions for himself. This thought has been echoed in some variety by Bay and Fessy. The jury probably thinks Angela is the brains of that duo. 

Kaycee beats him in a rout. I don't even think that vote would be close at this point. His best/only shot is dragging Sam to end. 

One of the people that have constantly said this to Tyler's face is Hayleigh- that she knows Kaitlyn was "controlling him" and now Angela is "controlling him". I imagine he will tell her this in his GBM's- saying something along the lines of I know you always thought I was being controlled by Kaitlyn and then Angela- but that isn't actually the case- I flipped Kaitlyn and then got her to put up Swaggy- ditto with Angela putting up Bay. He just has to get into a bit more detail with her. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

One of the people that have constantly said this to Tyler's face is Hayleigh- that she knows Kaitlyn was "controlling him" and now Angela is "controlling him". I imagine he will tell her this in his GBM's- saying something along the lines of I know you always thought I was being controlled by Kaitlyn and then Angela- but that isn't actually the case- I flipped Kaitlyn and then got her to put up Swaggy- ditto with Angela putting up Bay. He just has to get into a bit more detail with her. 

Lets hope it's better than his GBM to Scottie, because that shit was awful and not helpful in the least. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Lets hope it's better than his GBM to Scottie, because that shit was awful and not helpful in the least. 

TBH I think Brett & JC feigning innocence actually might have helped him more then his own GBM- him saying that he knew what was going on. And then the other two basically saying "It's all Tyler's fault" LOL. 

• Love 1