Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Hay wouldn't be a bad winner. She's made some bad game moves and bad (IMO) personal decisions with regards to Fessy but overall she's a likable enough person. She's certainly not bigoted or vile. 

She'd be fine. I just still hate that the casuals' view of her is being so based on her BS edit. "What's that? Oh, she didn't seem to give a shit about Fessy nominating Scottie and she just talked shit about him all that night before nominations? That doesn't sound right."

Edited by Brian Cronin
Can't have back-to-back posts starting with "Nah"
  • Love 9

Is it just me, or is the veto comp really late this week?  I feel like normally we're waiting for results at this time and they still haven't started the comp.

JC/Tyler/Brett and Kaycee are all sitting around the kitchen talking about the HG picture wall.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

It's just nuts that Derrick thinks he can make conclusions and predictions based on a rational analysis when so much of these events are influenced and controlled by production. I think the fact that so many people dislike cops bothers him and he wants to present some bullshit image that he is more than just a thug in cops clothing. Fuck Derrick.

A man trained in lying and deception, goes on a show where deception and lying are critically important skills, easily hides these skills and his identity plus got production assistance from the idiotic "Battle of the Block " concept and now he's some sort of genius for using these skills and advantages on a bunch of dumb famewhores to win.

Fuck Derrick.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm sure Haleigh will win AFP. She's the scrappy underdog, fighting the evil L6 alliance. Sigh. She wouldn't be the worst winner, but again, I hate her TV edit. But please not JC. Hopefully he's gotten enough bad press to shut down his edit as well.

Huh?  How is Level 6 evil?  They are really popular having played a clean game without the Paul crap of bullying and getting personal to the victim of the week,  Hay, on the other hand, is just as clueless as the rest of her loser group but she doesn't throw out the silly soundbites like a Fessy does.  And she went along with the personal attacks Rockstar was always throwing around and then boo-hooing like it was oh so unfair when she gets targeted.  A whiner who is used to always getting her way in life by turning on the water works to manipulate the gullible that fall for that sort of thing is not this American's favorite by a long shot.

Edited by green
  • Love 7

I was just being sarcastic as to how I think the show edits Haleigh and L6 :) I don't see Haleigh as a villain or anything but I do find her annoying. I like L6 and I'm still hoping Tyler can get a win. But I think he needs to really think through these next few evictions carefully.

• Love 12

I will actually gain some respect for Sam if she wins the veto and uses it on herself.  I have a feeling though that she would let Tyler/Brett talk her into not using it so that no one else has to go on the block.  If anyone in the house is full on willing to be a martyr, it's Sam.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

I wonder how well Sam will do if it is face morph. Lord knows she seems to do a lot of silent staring.

Will she be motivated to win?

She was staring at the photo wall the other morning while everyone else was sleeping. Made me think she might be studying. 

Comics are usually done at night too right? 

43 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I will actually gain some respect for Sam if she wins the veto and uses it on herself.  I have a feeling though that she would let Tyler/Brett talk her into not using it so that no one else has to go on the block.  If anyone in the house is full on willing to be a martyr, it's Sam.

Sam would say, its not fair to the HOH to make her change her noms. I choose not to use the POV.

As Faith , in her Buffy Summers face would say ": "And you know why I don't? Because it's wrong." - Faith 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 9

I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler won AFP- he's been at the top of most Polls on all these different sites I read BB stuff on and hasn't wavered off the top for the last month- month and half. Everyone that I know that watches BB casually loves him- I wouldn't be surprised if he got it. 

Honestly I think he would be surprised if he got it- especially if he did end up winning the season and winning AFP. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5

So, it's definitely gonna be a long night veto, likely face morph at this point. Sam's making a pie while most of them are napping. I suspect the veto won't be starting for a bit, and it could be a long one.

JC's been wandering in and out of the kitchen. Angela and Kaycee are in the blue room, possibly Tyler too, and I think Haleigh and Brett are in the pink room (I see Haleigh; not positive about Brett).

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, it's definitely gonna be a long night veto, likely face morph at this point. Sam's making a pie while most of them are napping. I suspect the veto won't be starting for a bit, and it could be a long one.

JC's been wandering in and out of the kitchen. Angela and Kaycee are in the blue room, possibly Tyler too, and I think Haleigh and Brett are in the pink room (I see Haleigh; not positive about Brett).

He's in the Pink room- his head just has a pillow covering it. 

3 hours ago, Wings said:

So do you think they wanted Cody to win AFP last year?  I don't think they care about AFP and I believe our votes count.  I see no advantage for production or CBS to choose the AFP.  

Maybe it hinges on whether there's a player who happens to ring Allison's bell...but I'm sure that's just my anti-Grodner bias talking. Though you'll never convince me Frank won AFP by any other means.

Add me to the anyone-but-JC train. Well, no love for Scottie or Rockstar either, but I'm not exactly worried about them being contenders. Even Swaggy's delusional tweets have provided more entertainment than those two charisma-sucks.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler won AFP- he's been at the top of most Polls on all these different sites I read BB stuff on and hasn't wavered off the top for the last month- month and half. Everyone that I know that watches BB casually loves him- I wouldn't be surprised if he got it. 

Honestly I think he would be surprised if he got it- especially if he did end up winning the season and winning AFP. 

I wonder if they are changing the rules so that JC won't win? Maybe their internal polling shows that only Tyler is more popular than JC and they really don't want JC to win. 

• Love 1

Fun scenario. Tyler wins the POV ( he is not going to try on this one, doesn't need it). Decides to use it on Sam. JC comes yelling, what are you doing you stupid idiot? This is not plan A. Tyler: you have been up Sam's ass for the past two weeks garnering her favor, now its my turn.Don't worry, you are not going home. Oh, KC will put Brett up ( but really JC).

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, zorak said:

A sampling of what Sam has been sweeping up.  Yuck!

broom shot.png

Oh that's where that thing from Stranger Things went.

23 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Especially when you take into account what he was wearing: a leather, custom-made chilltown basketball jersey and shorts set accented with rhinestones, and a backwards visor.

He's the walking embodiment of second-hand mortification.

God, I forgot all about this little piece of cringe worthy TV gold.

8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Derrick's only vaguely interesting personality trait is that he was good on a season of Big Brother. Otherwise, holy shit, what a dullard that guy is. Who would ever actively choose to talk to that dude? 

Back then I liked Derrick in the game, but honestly, I must have been staying up too late, because he's as exciting as a stale cracker.

8 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

I have never paid much attention to Kanye and so I don't understand what you mean "go full-on Kanye". If anyone would care to translate I would certainly appreciate that.

I hope he goes full on Kanye, that plus Scottie's terrible exit speech is what I live for on this TV show. The worse the better, haha, take that Grodner. Your show is crap.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I wonder if they are changing the rules so that JC won't win? Maybe their internal polling shows that only Tyler is more popular than JC and they really don't want JC to win. 

Well, Tyler is a very easy-going guy and if he lived near me, I would be happy to meet him one day and be friends with him. He seems like someone who I would enjoy having as a friend.

He doesn't seem to be highly stressed. He doesn't seem to be an jerk. He doesn't start quarrels with people. Many people like to go through life looking for a fight. You know the type? They are the ones who get into Road Rage fights.  It's not pleasant to be around them at all. But Tyler is just a pleasant guy and I think that has a lot to do with his performance in BB. Considering the rest of the people in this house, someone like Tyler who doesn't act out and who doesn't look to do anything to get "blood on his hands" or "throw anyone under the bus" seems to me that he should do very well in this cast in this game of  BB. He doesn't really need a very sharp plan or stategy.  Just refraining from being an asshole should get him plenty far in this game.

I can easily understand how he would find himself on the road to winning this game without ever having to perform any difficult overt acts.

Unfortunately, some of the other people - like Brett and KC - are finally waking up to the fact they need to do something if they want to win this game. So things appear to be changing for Tyler in the BB house. But there is one thing I just can't understand. How can anyone dislike Tyler? What has he ever done to hurt anyone? He just appears to be playing this game in a very inoffensive way. I would be quite happy if he wins. I would be quite happy if most anyone wins - except for JC and Haleigh. I wouldn't mind if Sam wins either. She sure could use that money to get out and away from living in that tiny cage and she could pay for some good therapy.  She sure does seem to need someone to talk with. I hope all the best thoughts for Sam in her future. She has never done anything to harm anyone. She may be kind of nutZ. But so what? She surely is not an evil or hurtful person.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

If Sam doesnt use the veto on herself she deserves to be evicted. Anyone who doesn't use the veto on himself or herself deserves to be evicted.

Sometimes I get the feeling that one of the main purposes of the Veto is to find some poor unlucky slob who wins the veto but does not use it on themselves and gets evicted as a result.

What was the name of that poor kid from Survivor who fell for some false promise from an older lady and she turned around and betrayed him and sent him home. It may make for an exciting show. But that lady will live the rest of her life being known as a heartless vamp who had no qualms about trying to snatch a million dollars away from some poor unfortunate kid. How cruel and selfish she was. But yet ... if the opportunity presents itself to anyone to fuck over someone who they see has a clear weakness,  not many people can resist taking advantage.

5 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

What was the name of that poor kid from Survivor who fell for some false promise from an older lady and she turned around and betrayed him and sent him home. It may make for an exciting show. But that lady will live the rest of her life being known as a heartless vamp who had no qualms about trying to snatch a million dollars away from some poor unfortunate kid. How cruel and selfish she was. But yet ... if the opportunity presents itself to anyone to fuck over someone who they see has a clear weakness,  not many people can resist taking advantage.

Not even a little bit! He (Erik) was an idiot and got booted for it, but he's not some poor unfortunate.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

Sometimes I get the feeling that one of the main purposes of the Veto is to find some poor unlucky slob who wins the veto but does not use it on themselves and gets evicted as a result.

Are you talking about Erik and Natalie ? I think the general consensus is he was a total dufus and she and her alliance were strategic badasses.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Are you talking about Erik and Natalie ? I think the general consensus is he was a total dufus and she and her alliance were strategic badasses.  

Yes. I must admit you are right. I am in the minority with my feelings about Natalie and I understand why most people would not find any fault with her. I find that really amazing though. I wonder how most parents would explain that to their children.  I just find it really interesting that kind of behavior is usually frowned upon but in the context of a game like Survivor, people approve of it.

3 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

Yes. I must admit you are right. I am in the minority with my feelings about Natalie and I understand why most people would not find any fault with her. I find that really amazing though. I wonder how most parents would explain that to their children.  I just find it really interesting that kind of behavior is usually frowned upon but in the context of a game like Survivor, people approve of it.

People definitely fall into two camps about it. For me, it's like an extended game of poker. You can't yell at people for acting like they have a good (or bad) hand when they don't. Not that ANYTHING goes. There was the dreaded Hantz who terrorized everyone, and then Colton, the guy who was bullying another player to the point of driving her from the tent. 

• Love 3

So...BBAD is new and on right now.

Unfortunately for all of us, it's a lone silent JC in the HOH room.

I assume they'll send people up after they're done with the comp, so hopefully someone comes up soon.

ETA: Judging from JC's shirt, it looks like it's BB Comics.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Possibly- but that’s their own damn fault for making him out to be some adorable jokester that he isn’t. Lol. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So...BBAD is new and on right now.

Unfortunately for all of us, it's a lone silent JC in the HOH room.

I assume they'll send people up after they're done with the comp, so hopefully someone comes up soon.

ETA: Judging from JC's shirt, it looks like it's BB Comics.

Riveting.

Though I am excited to hear about and see the BB Comics covers for everyone.

• Love 1

Rashomon moment: My recollection of Survivor: Micronesia is that some (many?) people viewed Natalie as needlessly bitchy in her confessionals, but one, Erik was a giant dumbass for giving up immunity and that was entirely on him; two, the Black Widows bounced her next, so: instant karma, I guess; and three, the real injustice was Cirie being screwed by that season unexpectedly having an F2 instead of an F3...though now she probably regards that as less of an indignity than going to jury without receiving any votes. #toomanydamnidols

Since Moonves being pushed out is probably just a matter of time, I really wonder what will happen with Julie. I genuinely would miss her on BB in a way I might not miss Probst if he were to move on. Probably because she doesn't piss me off all the time like he does, LOL.

• Love 10
On 9/7/2018 at 11:03 PM, leocadia said:

Let's go!

Seriously wishing you and your crew the best!  Hope you don't have to ask "Who flipped?" at the conclusion.

Yeah, you never want to ask that question in a marine context.  ;)  

We did ok - placed 15th out of 38 teams.  Not bad, considering about half the crew were absolute n00bs.  One of them got out of sync and paddle-bladed me in the last heat, and I had to paddle the last few seconds of that race with a dislocated thumb.  REALLY gives you some rage to channel, that does.  :D

10 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

There is an important difference between Strategy and Tactics.  I have tried to look up these two words many times (in dictionaries and encyclopedias and online search engines).  My conclusion is that most people have no idea what the difference is.

Excellent post - and the most succinct explanation I’ve ever heard to describe the difference was: tactics wins battles, but strategy wins wars.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yeah, you never want to ask that question in a marine context.  ;)  

We did ok - placed 15th out of 38 teams.  Not bad, considering about half the crew were absolute n00bs.  One of them got out of sync and paddle-bladed me in the last heat, and I had to paddle the last few seconds of that race with a dislocated thumb.  REALLY gives you some rage to channel, that does.  :D

Excellent post - and the most succinct explanation I’ve ever heard to describe the difference was: tactics wins battles, but strategy wins wars.

Thank you very much. It was very kind of you to say so. Especially tonight. I'm having a real terrible night this evening and I'll tell you about it sometime if you want to know.

• Love 5

So I just finished watching Set It Up on Netflix for the first time and was deciding to finally head to bed since JC's gonna be alone in HOH for a while. But I turned on the feeds to see what's going on and JC's suffering and Bob's enjoying it so I can't pull myself away.

JC wants to eat and Bob's controls only allow him to give specific answers, and they're all so sassy.

So far, I learned that Bob has a sassy "SORRY!" answer. He also won't let JC eat any of Kaycee's food. JC's miserable so I am happy. 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Rashomon moment: My recollection of Survivor: Micronesia is that some (many?) people viewed Natalie as needlessly bitchy in her confessionals, but one, Erik was a giant dumbass for giving up immunity and that was entirely on him; two, the Black Widows bounced her next, so: instant karma, I guess; and three, the real injustice was Cirie being screwed by that season unexpectedly having an F2 instead of an F3...though now she probably regards that as less of an indignity than going to jury without receiving any votes. #toomanydamnidols

That is why I never really viewed Parvati as that great of a player.  Yes she won but to me (my memory is hazy, having not watched that season since it originally aired) it was Cirie who drove the game.  Had there been a final three, I truly believe Cirie would have won.

Also, I hated Natalie with a passion.  She was a non-entity for most of the game and then all of a sudden she came across as a psychopath.  

Anyway, back to topic...

• Love 1

Pretty sure Tyler can't take Kaycee to F2. 

The new competition beast just won another Veto.

ETA: Maybe she'll get the chance to cut him, but I just don't see her doing that. And she doesn't have as many tools at her disposal as Tyler does to try and get someone else to do the dirty work for her. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9

I just heard someone say that KC just "won herself into losing".

Someone on this board posted that KC would have been better had she thrown the last Veto Comp. This time, winning the Veto may well have just cost her the grand prize.

I want to go back and see who it was who made that post about the last veto because I don't want to make it look like I was stealing their thunder.

But, what an interesting game where winning is a clear way to lose. I got to sit down now. My head is spinning.

15 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Kaycee overplayed and sealed her doom in the game. She went from being a "no threat" to a player in Tyler's crosshairs because he now sees she has to go because she is a threat to his win. If he does not get rid of her soon, she could win crucial comps at the end and get rid of HIM. 

Kaycee should have thrown that HOH. She did not need to win it. She was on nobody's radar. She would have been safe for at least 3 more evictions and she could have sailed to final four with Tyler, Angela, JC, and Brett. 

I think Hayleigh and Sam will go on Thursday. Then JC and Kaycee will go, making the final 3 Tyler, Angela and Brett. I am hoping Brett then goes full throttle and wins the final HOH and gets rid of Tyler. 

A f2 of Angela and Brett may give Brett the game. I think this is now Brett's game to win. 

Here we go. Hello Dakota. I'm so happy that I didn't post your reasoning because it would have appeared I was trying to take credit for your idea.

It is a very nice concept and I want to see you get all the credit for that idea. You surely do deserve it.  I'm guessing you can make a good argument for why KC should have thrown this Veto as well. Can't you?

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

Someone on this board posted that KC would have been better had she thrown the last Veto Comp. This time, winning the Veto may well have just cost her the grand prize.

Another excellent example of the difference between tactics and strategy in a nutshell; tactics can help you win every battle, but strategy can accept the concept of the occasional well-timed loss sometimes being the path to greater overall victory.  :)

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Another excellent example of the difference between tactics and strategy in a nutshell; tactics can help you win every battle, but strategy can accept the concept of the occasional well-timed loss sometimes being the path to greater overall victory.  :)

That's certainly true. I'm afraid that I'm too sleep-deprived to have thought of that myself. But it's very nice that you are here to help out.  Good point!

The only thing I can think of now is that it would have been so nice if KC would have taken someone off the block so that she could have put up JC and then backdoored him. As it stands, he will likely go in the DE and we will be robbed of a week's worth of JC Bullshit and Tantrums. I was so looking forward to that.

He has behaved so badly and he is so ill-equipped to handle being on the block for a week. I think it would have been wonderful entertainment to have seen that. But now it appears he will be gone in just a few days as part of the DE and we won't see more than just  few minutes of his reaction. What a shame!

I have to go for a while now. BBL. Very nice to have made your acquaintance Nashville.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 4

I keep liking KC more and more. She is a great athlete and AFAIC, she really deserves to win  the grand prize. She hasn't done anything bad to anyone. She hasn't gotten much blood on her hands and she hasn't really thrown anyone under a bus. I would prefer to say that she has  not gone out of her way to throw anyone under a bus.

Ain't that a dumb expression? Some expressions are OK and they stick. But some of them just sound stupid and I can't stand them.

Anyway, I'm finding KCs position in the game to be very interesting now.  Unfortunately, Tyler just tried to tell her that JC would nominate her and she didn't believe Tyler. She thinks that JC would never make any kind of move against her because they are both members of the LGBT (sp?) community. I suppose that is her biggest fault. She believes in JC and he wouldn't think twice before stabbing her in the back. He wouldn't think twice about stabbing her in the front.  I truly hope this will not turn out to be a fatal flaw in KCs game. I would hate to see her fail because she put her trust in That Rat.  She has worked so hard and played such a clean game. It would be a terrible shame if she got screwed at this stage. But if she does get screwed, Tyler will prob win and that  won't be a bad result because he did try to warn her. Tyler did behave in an honest way with her. He didn't turn on her. He tried to protect her.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Do we know for sure it was the comics comp?  I wouldn't think it's even possible to win that in 2 minutes.

Well, for all we know, they made their typical BB20 comp screw-up adjustment, like the slip and slide HoH taking 20 minutes.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

I want to go back and see who it was who made that post about the last veto because I don't want to make it look like I was stealing their thunder.

But, what an interesting game where winning is a clear way to lose. I got to sit down now. My head is spinning.

Here we go. Hello Dakota. I'm so happy that I didn't post your reasoning because it would have appeared I was trying to take credit for your idea.

It is a very nice concept and I want to see you get all the credit for that idea. You surely do deserve it.  I'm guessing you can make a good argument for why KC should have thrown this Veto as well. Can't you?

I just think that Kaycee is presenting herself now as a real threat to the others because she wins comps and if anybody is sitting next to her in the f2, she will have a strong case to win the game. Therefore, with all of her recent veto wins and her HOH win she went from being invisible to being a strong player who made it far in the game and who will have some great convincing comments to make about why she should win if she is in the f2. She is now way too strong and way too visible and each of the remaining HGs should want her out for their own progress in the game. She is sitting in a position now with the ability to convince the jury that she should win. 

She played the game and any of the remaining HGs would be a fool to pick her to sit next to in f2. Each and every one starting now would lose to her. It should ALSO be clear that she can win that final HOH and have the ability herself to pick who she sits next to. The entire game is hers now from every angle unless she goes ASAP. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 7