Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I always joke that BB15 should be subtitled "The Summer of Racism" and BB19 should be "The Summer of Bullying." BB20 is totally The Summer that Production Got the Fuzzy End of the Lollipop.

Or, simply, The Summer that Production Got Got.

• Love 10

Ok. I love the Angela crying in the DR section. It’s her break through. I wonder if Julie will feel bad now for being such a bitch he other day. 

Edited by TheGapper
Julie, not whatever came up.
  • Love 1

Hey guys. I know this Les Moonves stuff has brought up a lot of discussion about whether or not Julie Chen will leave the show. However, unless it directly involves the live feeds, such as the houseguests finding out and are talking about it on the feeds, if we can move any further discussion to either the BB in the Media thread or the Julie Chen thread, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone! Now, back to your regular 24/7 scheduled programming! 

• Love 8

I think to spice things up w Season 21 of BB, the following rules must be applied, otherwise their stipend will be docked with $55 each time. You can not say:

-at the end of the day

-blood on my hands

-throw under the bus

-what the house wants

-it’s nothing personal

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hey guys. I know this Les Moonves stuff has brought up a lot of discussion about whether or not Julie Chen will leave the show. However, unless it directly involves the live feeds, such as the houseguests finding out and are talking about it on the feeds, if we can move any further discussion to either the BB in the Media thread or the Julie Chen thread, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone! Now, back to your regular 24/7 scheduled programming! 

Thank you. God. That was getting old. 

• Love 5

They were fleshing out all the cast (characters) tonight in DR. Except, for JC (hula hoop notwithstanding). They are heading for the finish line with the eventual eviction of Haileigh on Thursday. I thought it was funny how indigent Sam was if she was voted out like she did anything all season. Girl, bye!!!!!!! ,

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Lockdown.  Everyone outside. 

They are taking down the HN room.  Must be a comp in there later. 

I wonder if Julie will finish the season.  

They close off the have not room every season when they have determined have nots are done for the season. 

However maybe they could have told sam to not bother with cleaning it lol. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RandomWatcher said:

Good, I'm glad they're worried after doing a shitty job. The show is obviously coming back (they always renew it a season at a time after the then-current season ends), but I could see a possible change-up in production. Grodner's been doing the job since Season 8 and she's sucked since Season 8. They might be willing to make a change. 

• Love 17

I know it's basically a foregone conclusion Veto won't be used since the HOH is the Veto holder, but can Haleigh please try to throw JC under the bus as a campaign? 

Or at least grab a bag of chips from him or something to piss him off? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I was just thinking, there’s no way JC wins if he’s F2 because no one will be able to understand his speech. When he gets excited he talks really fast and it gets even harder to understand him. 

I feel like that might be to his advantage. The Jury can just hear whatever they want to hear. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Good, I'm glad they're worried after doing a shitty job. The show is obviously coming back (they always renew it a season at a time after the then-current season ends), but I could see a possible change-up in production. Grodner's been doing the job since Season 8 and she's sucked since Season 8. They might be willing to make a change. 

It's quite common when there's a change at the top of a network or studio for there to be a shakeup of the TV schedule and productions.  I  also doubt they'd get rid of the show, but BIG CHANGES (including changing things like the show runner) are certainly a possibility now, in a way they weren't before.  

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I don't really buy this- they usually have been renewing the show at the end of the season. They announced they were coming back for 2 seasons at the BB16 finale- BB19 & 20 were renewed shortly before the end of BB18. Vegas keeps tweeting stuff out that literally none of us can prove or disprove because it's always conjecture. 

Most of TV's ratings are down- as long as the Demo is solid it doesn't matter. The show is #1 most nights against all other shows during the summer- it's INCREDIBLY cheap to produce and makes them a ton of money. It's a whole lot cheaper to do 3 months of Big Brother with the Prize money at the end then it is for them to do a 10 episode on location Summer Drama or Comedy. I've read before that it's so easy for them to throw BB on 3 nights a week and they make bank on it because of the ads. 

This season has been praised as one of the best in a long time. I think even if Julie does walk- they could find an awesome new Host- someone that's either played the game before or another host that maybe will actually know what the hell is going on when they do interviews about it. The show is much more then just Julie Chen. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I don't really buy this- they usually have been renewing the show at the end of the season. They announced they were coming back for 2 seasons at the BB16 finale- BB19 & 20 were renewed shortly before the end of BB18. Vegas keeps tweeting stuff out that literally none of us can prove or disprove because it's always conjecture. 

Most of TV's ratings are down- as long as the Demo is solid it doesn't matter. The show is #1 most nights against all other shows during the summer- it's INCREDIBLY cheap to produce and makes them a ton of money. It's a whole lot cheaper to do 3 months of Big Brother with the Prize money at the end then it is for them to do a 10 episode on location Summer Drama or Comedy. I've read before that it's so easy for them to throw BB on 3 nights a week and they make bank on it because of the ads. 

This season has been praised as one of the best in a long time. I think even if Julie does walk- they could find an awesome new Host- someone that's either played the game before or another host that maybe will actually know what the hell is going on when they do interviews about it. The show is much more then just Julie Chen. 

I like Julie well enough, so I hope she can find a way to stay.

But if that's not possible, I do like Ross the Intern ... Minus Marissa :) Is that possible?!

giphy.gif

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I hope it's just talking not 'hey, I may have knocked up your daughter so can I have your blessing to marry her' talking.

No phone?! That's SO crazy!

Man, it's sad that it's so rare for him to have a good conversation that he has to tweet about it. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

If she is pregnant, would she be showing on finale night?  We may be able to get confirmation if it looks like they are hiding her pregnancy with carefully chosen camera angles.

I feel like they purposefully showed her drinking champagne in the Jury House to end the speculation. 

It's not rare to not get your period in high-stress situations. But it is rare to seem hopeful about being pregnant with someone you've known for 3 weeks or so. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I hope it's just talking not 'hey, I may have knocked up your daughter so can I have your blessing to marry her' talking.

Anyone else think it’s weird how much time he’s been spending with her family- like you literally knew each other for 20 days haven’t seen each other in 2 months. Like I get love at first sight and 20 days in B.B. Is a lot more then normal life since it’s 24/7 but I still think this whole thing is bizarre. Especially since he keeps talking smack about Angela & Tylers relationship- but they’ve spent a lot more time together. So weird. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Anyone else think it’s weird how much time he’s been spending with her family- like you literally knew each other for 20 days haven’t seen each other in 2 months. Like I get love at first sight and 20 days in B.B. Is a lot more then normal life since it’s 24/7 but I still think this whole thing is bizarre. Especially since he keeps talking smack about Angela & Tylers relationship- but they’ve spent a lot more time together. So weird. 

He's pushing the showmance angle too much, in my opinion. Not even Jessica was creepy about her showmance when she got evicted pre-jury. It's why I think that relationship will fizzle. It's hard for me to picture it working out in the way that other showmances have on this show. 

In AFP news, it seems like some BB Alumni are advocating for a Haleigh win. Which....eh, really? Again, Haleigh isn't the worst choice and I would not actually hate it if she won, but....I guess I'm a little disappointed, that's all. The Hive shouldn't be rewarded for their utter stupidity, and Haleigh's one of those offenders. I get why the support is there, but I simply do not agree with it. 

• Love 17
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

In AFP news, it seems like some BB Alumni are advocating for a Haleigh win. Which....eh, really? Again, Haleigh isn't the worst choice and I would not actually hate it if she won, but....I guess I'm a little disappointed, that's all. The Hive shouldn't be rewarded for their utter stupidity, and Haleigh's one of those offenders. I get why the support is there, but I simply do not agree with it. 

That's disappointing. I'm guessing most of them just watch the show, not the feeds. It shows how much being an underdog helps your chances - it doesn't matter how much you suck at the game. She's been screwed ever since she decided to hold that House Meeting. She seems like a nice person, but I don't think she's that interesting or entertaining aside from being the last FOUETTE standing. 

I also don't want her to win since she speculated she would in the hammock with Fessy one night. I'm spiteful like that. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The Hive has a much stronger social media presence, so I get it, but yeah, it's a bit disappointing when so much of it is built around the bullshit edit production came up with. It reminds me of the (much worse) situation back in BB8 where production turned Evil Dick into a freakin' HERO with their (much more) bullshit edit. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, mooses said:

Les Moonves signs off on the Big Brother casts every season 

6 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

And get rid of Grodner.

If Moonves was involved enough to have to sign off on each cast, he may be the reason Grodner is still there.   With him gone whoever takes over might decide to  get rid of her. New people like to shake things up and put their stamp on things. Maybe TNewPTB will want to freshen up this cash cow summer filler.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, mooses said:

No phone?! That's SO crazy!

Man, it's sad that it's so rare for him to have a good conversation that he has to tweet about it. 

I suspect Swaggy's conversations tend to involve a lot of talking about himself, people telling him they're going to the restroom, and then never returning.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

If she is pregnant, would she be showing on finale night?  We may be able to get confirmation if it looks like they are hiding her pregnancy with carefully chosen camera angles.

Hard to tell. Some people balloon up immediately and some people don't show forever. I recently saw my cousin at 5 months pregnant with her third and she didn't even look like she ate a burrito for lunch. 

• Love 2

The feeds are boring since we know this weeks outcome. Haleigh is being friendly because she’s either making the best of it or doesn’t know she’s going. It won’t be till the DE that the game starts again and that itself will take a few minutes. LOL!!!! Then there will be 5 left. Have a good Monday & rest of the week y’all. 

• Love 1

Haleigh's game has died a slow, excruciating death and I think she's at the point where she's more than happy to give a "DNR" order. She'll be walking out of the house pretty happy on Thursday I think. Hope she gives her nails a break and can wear nail polish.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:
47 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

He's pushing the showmance angle too much, in my opinion. Not even Jessica was creepy about her showmance when she got evicted pre-jury. It's why I think that relationship will fizzle. It's hard for me to picture it working out in the way that other showmances have on this show. 

This kinda reminds me of the movie The Big Sick (about Kumail Nanjiani and his wife Emily's relationship).  Part of the movie is when Emily gets sick unexpectedly and spends a couple weeks in a coma, Kumail gets close to her parents and more or less falls in love with Emily.  Fortunately, after Emily comes out of her coma, she tells Kumail that it's great that he got close to her parents but she wasn't present during that time and that she wasn't ready to be in a relationship with him yet (obviously that changed later). 

Where I am going with this is that I hope Bayleigh has a similar reaction to Swaggy once she gets out of the house.  Swaggy spending time with her family is not equivalent to spending time with her.  While she may still want to date him, she will not have likely progressed beyond the same spot from when he was evicted (i.e. only dating someone for a couple weeks vs couple months) and would need to move at her own pace post-BB.  

Ugh... now it sounds like I'm talking about Bachelor contestants...  

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

If Moonves was involved enough to have to sign off on each cast, he may be the reason Grodner is still there.   With him gone whoever takes over might decide to  get rid of her. New people like to shake things up and put their stamp on things. Maybe TNewPTB will want to freshen up this cash cow summer filler.

Oooooh, new blood on the crew would be great.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

"#SaveBBUSA" sounds like marketing ploy to drum up the fanbase and boost ratings (and maybe live feed subscriptions?).  I was skeptical about Vegas being a CBS or BB employee earlier but this really makes me wonder...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

JC

Oh for fucks sake....on purpose?

The Talk should be interesting tomorrow lolol

22 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

LOL -  I EAT a burrito and I look 5 months pregnant.

Ditto...admittedly I've never stopped at one burrito...

I'm getting a vision that JC is going to live out his life as an angry, raging alchoholic..couch surfing or living in half way houses...not cute as you get old.... he weirds me out

Edited by Christi
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, mooses said:

I honestly think he's the most dangerous player to take to the F2. He's well-liked, worked with the FOUETTE when it suited him, did a lot of work that was visible to those not in L6, and he can be very persuasive and tenacious in debates. To Fessy, he worked with him the whole game - and had him (and the FOUETTE) fooled to the point where they couldn't believe he'd be the flip vote. To Scottie, he helped orchestrate his evictions. To Bayleigh/Rockstar, he's not "entitled" or one of the Cool Kids, so they'd respect him more. And the whole of FOUETTE just seem really offended that no member of L6 wanted to work with them as much as each FOUETTE wanted to work with L6, but JC doesn't have that problem because he's not seen as "the other side." 

As much as we see how he's been a tool for L6, he has done a lot of work. Even Tyler has said he's his most useful ally (as in the ally who did the most work for him). And I think it will be hard to convince the Jury in such little time that JC was in the dark with regards to what was really happening in the House, even if he's sitting next to an L6 member. The Jury will have so little time to re-think their perceptions,  I think it will be too big of a stretch for them that JC was just a stooge.

And, it's probably even worse if Brett/Angela/Kaycee/Tyler or whoever in L6 ends up in Jury tries to make that case - I could totally see FOUETTE not wanting to look stupid again and not believing anything L6 tells them, or just believing the opposite out of spite.

If JC gets to F2, I'd 100% bet on him winning. 

Exactly, in a show like this or Survivor perception is reality.  If people think you played a larger part in the game (regardless of reality) they will be inclined to award you the victory.  That might be the case for JC if he makes to F2.

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

At this point he has probably spent more time with her family than he spent with her.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 3