Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

Becca goes on a spa date with six gentlemen; Chris joins Becca at Capitol Records studios, where they meet Richard Marx; one hopeful bachelor has a freak accident; and a group of men meet Becca at a football field to run drills.

Airs June 11, 2018.

(edited)

Colton, Colton, Colton,....., anyone passed out yet with the Colton drinking game?

Jordan and Chicken Dave are a 2 in 1 waiting to happen.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 8

I just changed channels a few minutes ago.  I couldn't take it anymore.  Most of these guys aren't remotely interested in Becca and she isn't interested in them.

• Love 8
(edited)

Becca likes Colton's handsome face so much she'll willing to overlook anything for now.   

I still find her strangely self-confident.    "Oh, Colton, I need to know you're here for me."    Why not get to know the guys better before expecting professions of deep interest?   

I'm watching the ABC news team and the big handshake.     Time to open a beer.   Wine is too good for this night.      

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Lol, this is the 1st time I'm not upset about a news break, this episode was really boring.

I was just thinking that President Kim looks like a hotter prospect than most of these dolts.  Holy poop but Becca is dull.  And she’s not even bitchy. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Mu Shu said:

I was just thinking that President Kim looks like a hotter prospect than most of these dolts.  Holy poop but Becca is dull.  And she’s not even bitchy. 

Hubby and I just fell out over your comment!  ??

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Well Kim could certainly light her dull ass up!

• Love 3

Ugh, I tapped out.  She’s like watching cheese curds curdle.

now I know avi’s pain.  Still hate his lame ass though.

id rather watch Chris Soules fertilize some corn.  I know that sounds bad. 

Kim jong-un is kind of sexy when he smiles.  

• Love 5

Someone is reading a book! This is someone who looks like Lincoln but isn’t, I think? Don’t know WHO this guy is but he gets my rose for being literate. Another person is eating a banana and is apparently not on a ketogenic diet. I think David is accusing Jordan of being Wrong Reasons but some pest-control solicitor is knocking on my door. No, sir, I’d rather have termites eat my house than miss my show! ...

Becca does not know Jason’s name! Don’t feel so bad, Becs, neither does anyone else. Well, except for Colton who apparently relies on Jason as confidante. Becca is wondering whether he’s Here for Tia and only Wrong Reasoning her, duh, he’s Here to be a Famewhore. Becca needs to pretend that she has a crush on Jason and THAT’S why she couldn’t speak his name.

The guy who was reading a book is on this group date and they didn’t once show us his name. Like Becca, I don’t think the editors or graphics dept or whoever know what these guys names are, either! 

David is no longer on my Keep list. He was funny night 1, but he’s fallen in deep with the producers making him the Wrong Reasoning Greek Chorus. My damn TV keeps buffering, so I don’t even KNOW what he said to Becca, but I’m just going to assume it was him now spending TWO weeks straight Wrong Reasoning at Jordan. I mean, not that he’s wrong but he’s just the producer’s patsy. Damn, does anyone else have DirecTV Now and it keeps buffering every 30 seconds?!? I also missed what I can assume is some good excuses from Jordan and now I think some fighting between the guys. Oh, wait, David is back on my good list because he’s calling Jordan out on his looks. {Buffering} Colton is saying  something. {Buffering} whatever he said must have worked because they’re kissing. (Switched TVs to my daughter’s room and so far so good.)

I think Richard Marx is getting Becca’s rose. Oh, no, Chris is going to be forced to sing his letter to his estranged dad. Aw, now I feel bad about “judging” these people. Ok, Chris, we’ll let you slide this episode. Richard Marx just gave him the slow clap and Becca melted! 

Oh, Jesus Christ! Now the show is being interrupted for Trump arriving to meet Kim Jong-Un?!? Now I’m channeling David: They’re BOTH Wrong Reasons!! Between this and the buffering and the pest-control guy, this episode was just not meant to be. Oh, thank Harrison! They’re pausing the show per his Twitter.

Wait, God is telling Jordan every day to 86 people who have a problem with him? Granted, I’m atheist, but that doesn’t sound right.

“Have we never had this conversation, I would have never known.” Deep thoughts by Becca.

So a big “surprise” music performance by...Richard Marx! Singing...the same song he sang earlier! Why do I get the feeling the producers couldn’t get him to leave. Uh, thanks, Rich...

Oh, no, God told Jordan to 86 David! Wait, what? He’s in “intensive care” after falling out of bed! Oh, man, Jordan of all people secured some baby proofing rails for David! Just give the poor guy a bottom bunk!

I like the incorporation of a trust fall into the touchdown dance. Someone tackles his own teammate. Somehow the score is 14-21 but they showed about 35 touchdowns. Oh, no, Clay’s ACTUAL NFL career is ruined by a stupid Bachelorette injury. Say hello to David at the hospital!

Wait THIS guy is Blake, I thought the Asian Venmo developer guy was Blake! Just when I thought I was started to know some people! They didn’t even label this guy as “Blake M.” or anything so I guess the other guy isn’t a Blake.

Clay is back. Is David still in “intensive care”? Ending up in the hospital is Clay’s “best date ever,” soooo can’t even imagine what his WORST date ever entailed!

Oh, god, please don’t make Becca run the bases on the WET slate driveway in heels!! Save the hospital bed next to David!

Clay can’t seriously be contemplating Becca over operation/career. Go get you operation, Clay, and we’ll root for you to be Bachelor after you heal...or, at least Paradise.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, JoBeth70 said:

Was there a rose ceremony? If so, what happened? Our broadcast got all screwed up because of the North Korea summit.

No rose ceremony. We will have to wait until next week for that and for the reappearance of David and his busted up face.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

No rose ceremony. We will have to wait until next week for that and for the reappearance of David and his busted up face.

Thanks, @ECM1231!

Edited by JoBeth70
  • Love 1
Just now, SallyAlbright said:

Clay is so damn nice, way too good for this show! Wish him all the best in his career and imagine he won't have much trouble finding a nice lady. 

Yes. I liked him from week one. He is so soft spoken. Hope he heals up nicely.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Noooooo pre empted by a Trump special report!!!!

I WANTED TO CRY!

I'm really enjoying this season.  Becca says "I'm not going to lie" too much, but she proved me wrong and I've really been enjoying this season.  Clay disarmed the hell out of me.  Too bad he was cut.  I love how Becca's choices seem way more diverse than Kaitlyn and Jojo's was.  She's cool.

• Love 9

I don't buy that Becca is into Richard Marx. I'm nine years older than she is, and I've always thought that he makes old-people music.

David is way too obsessed with Jordan - not a good look.

Tia was so insincere when she said she was hoping Colton was there for Becca. I'm glad she didn't end up being the Bachelorette. For all that Becca is bland and basic, Tia would have been much worse IMO, like Deanna-level terrible.

Did anyone notice Baby Bekah wearing her robe off-the-shoulder so the guys could see her bikini top? Such an attention-whore.

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

My daughter is following Harrison. He tweeted that they paused the show! Complete show to follow. Stay tuned!!

Sooooo glad I caught on and taped the show airing immediately after!  Thank GOD I DIDN'T miss anything.  i LOVED IT.  TIP:  DRINKING HELPS

11 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I have to admit that I loved the hell out of Jason and (the hot guy with the light eyes?) laughing through the whole thing.  That 100% would be me in any conflict.  I'm always on the sidelines laughing and trying to not get caught.

Colton is hot BUT!!!!!!  I just see red flags.  I wouldn't go anywhere near him!  I don't even care about the Girl Code because I do not care about Tia.

I wonder if Garrett ends up revealing any of his bigotry on this season, in front of Becca or the other contestants?  (No spoilers... I want to be surprised, LOL)

Blake is hot... he just seems a little obsessive.

Thank you to the person who pointed out that guy (who went on the Richard Marx) date looks exactly like Ben Stiller.  Wow.  Talk about something you can't unsee.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

Where's Chad when we need him?     Seriously.     Where is Chad?     

I wonder if Becca specified no big partiers.    This is the calmest group ever as far as alcohol consumption and general embarrassing behavior.     

Some of the guys looks as bored as we are.   

• Love 12
(edited)

At the cocktail party, talking to Becca, was that Blake who had his two fingers (ring and pinkie) taped? Man, that Bachelorette gig is brutal.

Once again, strangely cute Nick gets a mercy line and serves as a background prop, like some of the other guys. (Depending on the camera angle, Nick either looks quite cute or slightly alien.)  I know there are still a lot of guys there, but TBH, it's like Production is just focusing on the same few people: Colton, Blake, Garrett, Colton, a bit of Jason, Jordan, Colton.... 

My favorite line of the night: After Jordan blathers on about his face and professionality and so on, Wills - after a moment during which his mind was probably just echoing "The hell?" - says a pithy "Got it."   

Then later, we see Wills struggling to keep from laughing as Jordan blathers on yet again.  I like Wills.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 18

David straight up lied to Becca about Jordan-Jordan did NOT bring up tinder, they asked him.  Can’t stand Colton, but she is totally in lust.

im liking this season, why am I in minority?  First time it came off as real about jealousy with Blake. He actually explained what he’s feeling so you can empathize with him.

how hard do you think it was for Becca not to laugh that David hurt himself by falling out of bed?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

David straight up lied to Becca about Jordan-Jordan did NOT bring up tinder, they asked him.  Can’t stand Colton, but she is totally in lust.

im liking this season, why am I in minority?  First time it came off as real about jealousy with Blake. He actually explained what he’s feeling so you can empathize with him.

how hard do you think it was for Becca not to laugh that David hurt himself by falling out of bed?

Oh she was totally grinning when Chris Harrison told her how it happened. Just as she was making the phone call, it was pretty apparent to me she was trying to stifle a laugh.

So who else besides Nick did not get a date? There was this clean- cut brunette, very slim, that I swear I have not heard one word from. No idea what his name is. I must confess I was not paying much attention during the football session, so not sure which guys were on that date, except Clay and Lincoln.

• Love 3

That grey bathrobe dress was a joke, right? Was this filmed on April Fools Day? 

Becca is very easy to appease. Colton: "I'm here for you." Becca. "Ok!"

I don't get Chris's appeal.  He was a huge moody downer on that date. I know, I know, his dad, etc. But he went dark pretty fast on that date. 

• Love 13

This show is ridiculous. How many times did we have to watch previews of the ambulance footage all season and it ended up having nothing to do with tensions in the house or anything, really, except that grown men aren't used to sleeping in bunk beds.

• Love 14

ECM1231--I think that guy is named... Ryan? Yeah, I think his name is Ryan. Maybe.  

Let's be real: If Becca was not seriously attracted to Colton, he'd have been out on his kiester as soon as he revealed he'd had that rendezvous with Tia. I guess it's like they say: The heart wants what the heart wants.

Chris: The love child of Ben Stiller and Adam Goldberg. Becca's so not his type. 

• Love 9

I like Chris (Richard Marx date), Jason (his name is Jason), Jordan (I know!), and can't really recall the others as making an impression, not even Leo. And will Long-haired Michael ever be showcased, or is he the stealth candidate?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SHD said:

How many times did we have to watch previews of the ambulance footage all season and it ended up having nothing to do with tensions in the house or anything, really, except that grown men aren't used to sleeping in bunk beds.

Hey, at least we got a real medical emergency. One year they showed the ambulance coming in the "this season on the Bachelor/ette" preview but no ambulance showed up the entire season. I heard they just bought some ambulance footage and inserted it for kicks.

• Love 8

I recently went on a girls trip with shared bedrooms and bunk beds.  I was so afraid of falling out, even though they had railings, that I ended up sleeping in a regular bed.  I can't imagine. Funny, yeah, once it turns out he's ok, but scary, as it really could be much worse.  It's a long way down.

Poor sweet Clay.  He's too good for all of this.  Here's hoping some nice, super cute girl watches this show and writes to him.  I have a feeling he'll have plenty.

Chris/Ben Stiller/Adam Goldberg from Friends - He has too much childhood baggage that needs to be dealt with in therapy prior to getting into a relationship.  That's the kind of ugly stuff that rears its head well into a relationship, in fights, abandonment fears, jealousy, control.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I hope he can get things sorted out so he doesn't end up a Dean (from Rachel's season).

4 minutes ago, adhoc said:

Chris: The love child of Ben Stiller and Adam Goldberg. Becca's so not his type. 

LOL, we cross-posted, as I just wrote almost the exact same thing!

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I like Chris (Richard Marx date), Jason (his name is Jason), Jordan (I know!), and can't really recall the others as making an impression, not even Leo. And will Long-haired Michael ever be showcased, or is he the stealth candidate?

I hate admitting this, because they are so mocked on social media... but that long hair.... and the possibility of a man bun... totally turns me on.  

• Love 12

I hope Ryan gets more screen time. 

I hate guys like Colton who just show up and that’s enough because his looks and career carry it.  I don’t find him attractive at all and hopes he gets the whole heave-ho.  Rebecca sure is letting her physical attraction get in the way of taking this Tia thing more seriously. He’s there for the limelight and applause.  

Richard Marx? ABC-never do that again.  He’s a has been and that’s why he’s on your show.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I don't buy that Becca is into Richard Marx. I'm nine years older than she is, and I've always thought that he makes old-people music.

Tia was so insincere when she said she was hoping Colton was there for Becca. I'm glad she didn't end up being the Bachelorette. For all that Becca is bland and basic, Tia would have been much worse IMO, like Deanna-level terrible.

Did anyone notice Baby Bekah wearing her robe off-the-shoulder so the guys could see her bikini top? Such an attention-whore.

Richard Marx doesn’t make old people music per se.  He is an old people.

Now before people start chasing me with torches like Frankenstein’s monster, I am an old hag myself.  

But im not as old as fucking Richard Marx. And as boring as Becca is, she probably listens to that Sheeran guy, who will be considered an old people music maker in 10 years. 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, adhoc said:

Let's be real: If Becca was not seriously attracted to Colton, he'd have been out on his kiester as soon as he revealed he'd had that rendezvous with Tia. I guess it's like they say: The heart wants what the heart wants.

Yeah, like how she got rid of the one guy she knew from back home, before the first night cocktail party even ended. She couldn't even wait to get to the rose ceremony because she was so determined to get rid of him because in her mind, he clearly was there solely for camera time and not her. And I'm not saying she was necessarily wrong but it is interesting then that with all those red flags, Colton is still around.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm so torn.  I can't stand cologne so Jean Blanc was always a non-starter for me, but he brought a Tingler in his luggage?  Maybe there are shots I can get so I can't smell the cologne while I have my head tingled?

Drinking game suggestion:  If you're a world class drinker and want to test your mettle, "Guys."  And I don't care how well you drink, have an ambulance standing by.  If you're a normal drinker, go with "I mean."  It'll still be a challenge, but at least there's the possibility it won't kill you.

29 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Heh.  I once told a friend of mine that my brother and I had split an entree, and that we were eating like old people.  She replied, "No, you're eating as old people."  Ouch.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Now before people start chasing me with torches like Frankenstein’s monster, I am an old hag myself.  

But im not as old as fucking Richard Marx.  

I am not as old as Richard Marx. I'm older, and now you've made me sad. But I still feel too young to listen to his music - ha ha.

• Love 15

Now I feel bad.  Richard Marx is older than me, but he’s only 54.

but face it.  They had 200 bucks left in the budget and couldn’t afford someone supercool like Neil Diamond, and Kid Rock probably wanted 250, some joints and a couple of hookers. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Chris looks like he wandered in off the Planet of the Apes set. He's got the hairline of cro magnon man. And getting emotional over writing a song? Ugh, imagine having to watch him pick an entree. Nope. Bye. Next. 

Edited by dbell1
Typing on a Kindle sucks.
  • Love 14

I didn't watch live and so didn't know the show would continue, and my dvr cut off after Clay received the group date rose.  What happened? Clay needed surgery and left? What a shame because he seemed like a good guy. 

Someone knocked me down two years ago at JFK airport and broke my wrist. I needed surgery and was out of work for three weeks and still feel the effects even now, but I'm no athlete. That stinks for Clay.

Why is the onus on Colton to reveal his history with Tia, such as it was? I mean, he should tell her, but if Becca and Tia are such close and adoring friends, why wasn't it on Tia to tell this to Becca before filming? I would expect my close personal friend to tell me, before I would expect the same news from someone I'd only just met.

• Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, Arkay said:

I didn't watch live and so didn't know the show would continue, and my dvr cut off after Clay received the group date rose.  What happened? Clay needed surgery and left? What a shame because he seemed like a good guy. 

Yes, that's right :(  He said that he plays football to support certain people, I assume his family, so he knew that he had to make that decision and get it fixed ASAP.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Why is the onus on Colton to reveal his history with Tia, such as it was? I mean, he should tell her, but if Becca and Tia are such close and adoring friends, why wasn't it on Tia to tell this to Becca before filming? I would expect my close personal friend to tell me, before I would expect the same news from someone I'd only just met.

Can someone explain the timeline with Colton and Tia?  I think she told Becca it was before "our season aired."  Did she mean Arie's season, which both she and Becca were on?  That didn't make sense, so I thought he was applying to be The Bachelor (without knowing they never cast fresh meat?).  But then there was something about how Colton told Tia he'd applied to be on the show, but that was obviously after the show aired.  And how did they "meet"?  I assumed it was some Bachelor-related hookup, but remembered that he hadn't been on the show.

And I got the impression they corresponded online (or whatever it is the youths do), and met in person maybe once, for a weekend?

But perhaps more importantly, maybe someone could explain why I would even care.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 8