Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Lily had 5 stickers, for her to get cut was either because she did or said something egregious at the end or they couldn't risk the squad being whitewashed. They brought in 3 African American woman to training camp---they cut Jasmine early, Malena was set to go and Ashlee would have been the last one. Technically they still had Gabbi and Cianna, but they were already short on non-white vets. 

I am über curious as to why Lily didn't make it.  I do think she has the look and has looked very cute in the few shots we've seen of her dancing.  Especially later in the season.  Whatever the reason, I hope it's something that doesn't preclude her from coming back and re-auditioning next year.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Did I really hear VK say "I don't think I've sweated this much in a very long time"?

Malena:  You are beautiful but sorry, you should have been gone weeks ago.  Work on your memory issues and then re-audition.

Yep, "the back of my neck is just drenched. I don't think I've sweated this much in a long time."

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I am über curious as to why Lily didn't make it.  I do think she has the look and has looked very cute in the few shots we've seen of her dancing.  Especially later in the season.  Whatever the reason, I hope it's something that doesn't preclude her from coming back and re-auditioning next year.

I'm waiting to see the reason they give. I hope she comes back. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

This is interesting. It's from the Marcea Lane bonus scene. She is in the office giving out her stickers & her opinion on the dancers. Anyway, it looks like Tara, Malena, Victoria (who got a Marcea sticker), & Ashlee are off to the side as the potential final four cuts. So what happened that Ashlee & Lily switched places? (It appears that those 4 were already off to the side; that Marcea didn't put them there.)

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dbxw8j/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-marcea-lane-challenges-the-dcc

Screenshot_2018-10-16-10-29-09.png

wait, is this in the upcoming episode? was this another accidental early release? LOL 

I've never heard of this lady but I like her.  Poor Tara.  This had to be the final nail in the coffin. 

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It is, but I do wonder what K&J would think about that photo if she was a DCC/still in TC.  I know many of the calendar shots are worse, but that’s the DCC  releasing those, not on a person’s individual social media.

I also wonder how it would be perceived if VK posted a photo like that ;). 

Dayton’s body does look great though.

If VK looked like that, she wouldn’t have had half the issues she had during training camp. She’s unlikely to ever look that great.

5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

wait, is this in the upcoming episode? was this another accidental early release? LOL 

I've never heard of this lady but I like her.  Poor Tara.  This had to be the final nail in the coffin. 

It must be. Madeline or someone says they have one week until the first game. I can’t believe they took it so far down to the wire. I would think the squad would need time to practice as a team of 36. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

But she’s not a DCC and it doesn’t sound like she’s coming back any time soon, if at all. So it’s kind of a moot point. If Victoria is hell bent on coming back next year, she probably shouldn’t post a pic like that. 

Victoria would be ripped to shreds on these boards if she posted a photo like that because I think most people can’t stand her on here. 

All true! I think Dayton has seen the light, and DCC is clearly in her rear view mirror. What Kelli might think of her photos are probably not in any way a concern of hers, not should it be. 

And as long as the DCCs like this up.....not much room to talk about other girls photos! 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

But she’s not a DCC and it doesn’t sound like she’s coming back any time soon, if at all. So it’s kind of a moot point. If Victoria is hell bent on coming back next year, she probably shouldn’t post a pic like that. 

Victoria would be ripped to shreds on these boards if she posted a photo like that because I think most people can’t stand her on here. 

I think a lot of girls would be seriously side-eyed for posting that sort of... up-the-butt shot on social media, so it's more testament to the pro-Dayton sentiment than anything else. She does look great, but it's far too reminiscent of a Maxim shoot for me.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

All true! I think Dayton has seen the light, and DCC is clearly in her rear view mirror. What Kelli might think of her photos are probably not in any way a concern of hers, not should it be. 

Right. I feel like she would have been very reserved as a DCC because that is what is expected. But she isn’t one so it’s fair game!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

I think a lot of girls would be seriously side-eyed for posting that sort of... up-the-butt shot on social media, so it's more testament to the pro-Dayton sentiment than anything else. She does look great, but it's far too reminiscent of a Maxim shoot for me.

I think she looks like she's bending over for a reverse gyne exam.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm very confused, because the description of last week's episode mentions Marcea Lane, so either the description was a week ahead (as well as behind since it said a part of it was calendar reveals), or this scene was from last week but was edited out and the description came 1st.  The descriptions have been sooo wrong, though, that I wonder if they were how the show was supposed to be but then was heavily edited afterward. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

That's a great question.  I wondered the same thing. 

Shelly answered upthread that they would sub a vegetarian meal

4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Dayton honestly lucked out not making the team, she looks like she's probably way happier than she would be on the squad but that's just me

To be 21, travelling the world, making new friends, lead in two shows - definitely happy:)

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Dayton’s butt is amazing. I can’t stop staring. In a non creepy way. There’s like not a drop of cellulite. And she’s fit not emaciatedly skinny. If I looked like that in a bikini, I’d wear one every day. ?

If I looked like that, it would be my new driver's license photo, profile pic on all social media accounts, on my business cards - I mean, I'd have to get business cards just to do that, but why not?  Shelly's probably thinking that if we all spent less time on this board making comments about the girls and more time working out, we might get something resembling this a**!!  LOL!!

51 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It is, but I do wonder what K&J would think about that photo if she was a DCC/still in TC.  I know many of the calendar shots are worse, but that’s the DCC  releasing those, not on a person’s individual social media.

I also wonder how it would be perceived if VK posted a photo like that ;). 

I don't see the difference between what Dayton posted, and what the girls post on their accounts after calendar shoot.  As for VK, even though she is only "DCC heavy", or was....I don't know how much weight she has lost.  If she's comfortable in her skin and wants to post a bikini shot, and it's good enough to shut us all down, then I say go for it.  Nothing gives you motivation like revenge:)

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm very confused, because the description of last week's episode mentions Marcea Lane, so either the description was a week ahead (as well as behind since it said a part of it was calendar reveals), or this scene was from last week but was edited out and the description came 1st.  The descriptions have been sooo wrong, though, that I wonder if they were how the show was supposed to be but then was heavily edited afterward. 

I don't think they have the money to re-edit.  I think they messed up descriptions and if they try changing everything around, some cable systems think it is a repeat and won't record it.  Cause when you think about it, the ep airing this week features stuff that happened what, two months ago.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Speaking of....

okaaaaaay dayton...

If I were a few thousand years younger, I'd be writing #GOALS!!!

Damn.  I don't think I was born with a butt able to be posted on social media.  @ShellyB, you passed on some seriously enviable genes!

Edited by go4luca
word choice
  • Love 15
Just now, ByTor said:

I think she looks like she's bending over for a reverse gyne exam.

I keep looking at it and thinking, how does this situation actually arise during your average day at the beach? Is your friend looking up at you and suddenly struck by how great your butt looks, and feels compelled to photograph it? Or do you already suspect that it might be looking particularly fine today, so you ask your friend to take some nice, tasteful butt shots of you? How many eyerolls is this eliciting from random bystanders? So many questions. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I keep looking at it and thinking, how does this situation actually arise during your average day at the beach? Is your friend looking up at you and suddenly struck by how great your butt looks, and feels compelled to photograph it? Or do you already suspect that it might be looking particularly fine today, so you ask your friend to take some nice, tasteful butt shots of you? How many eyerolls is this eliciting from random bystanders? So many questions. 

LOL good point.  Just odd from that angle where the cash & prizes look like they are close to making an appearance.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

For those who may have missed it, another preview is avail on FB:

Watching this I'm thinking how frustrated we are by the fact that Kelli won't make cuts, even when it's obvious who can go.  But the rest of the rookies just waiting and waiting to find out if they are going to stay...….I feel bad for them as well.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think they messed up descriptions and if they try changing everything around, some cable systems think it is a repeat and won't record it. 

Messing up the descriptions, though, seems ridiculously incompetent, and maybe they are, but I think it's likely that the descriptions came 1st, then the edits...and, as you said, they do have reasons for not changing the descriptions. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Watching this I'm thinking how frustrated we are by the fact that Kelli won't make cuts, even when it's obvious who can go.  But the rest of the rookies just waiting and waiting to find out if they are going to stay...….I feel bad for them as well.

I was struck by that as well. I think because we already know the outcome, I tend to forget how stressful this is even for the ones who don't seem to be struggling. They know girls can be cut with no warning, and they know even girls who made show group can get called into the office. As annoying as it is for us to see the most obvious cuts still there, it must be exponentially worse for the other rookies. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:
18 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

If Charlotte was born in 66 she’d omly be 52 years old - I thought she was significanly older than that? 

There's no way she's 52.

If our friend Wiki is telling the truth, her 52nd birthday was July 26.

image.png.86f1bb9fffc3887afcfc03e33796c8b2.png

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wow, it really is evident that Kelli has lost some weight:

image.png.ceba53e376c310ccef10d0cc023dccff.png

VKs face looks a lot thinner in that picture.    Did she actually lose the weight and get cut for the maturity stuff instead?  Interesting.

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

VKs face looks a lot thinner in that picture.    Did she actually lose the weight and get cut for the maturity stuff instead?  Interesting.

This was a snip from the preview, which actually showed some older footage (Dayton crying is there) so it may be from earlier in TC.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If our friend Wiki is telling the truth, her 52nd birthday was July 26.

image.png.86f1bb9fffc3887afcfc03e33796c8b2.png

OMG .... that is my birthday exactly LOL!!!!! I am 52 ... not trying to be mean but that does not look like 52 ... her pictures look great but I was guessing she was hoovering around 60's

• Love 4

Does anyone think Kelli is doing the girls a favor by letting them hang on so long? Except for the media interview with Taylor, no other obvious candidates have appeared for weeks. 

I think it gets to be cruel.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Does anyone think Kelli is doing the girls a favor by letting them hang on so long?

Yes and no...yes for more experience with DCC style so they could be better at next year's audition (only if they want to reaudition, of course), and no because it screws them out of auditioning for another team.  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Does anyone think Kelli is doing the girls a favor by letting them hang on so long? Except for the media interview with Taylor, no other obvious candidates have appeared for weeks. 

I think it gets to be cruel.

I think it’s much better to be cut early on than to be cut at the end like Malena and Lily. I guess if you are dead set on trying out again, it’s good to be cut late because you learn most of the dances and have a head start the following year. Otherwise, it seems like you’ve missed the window of time to try out for other teams when you get cut at the tail end. 

Question any dancers: would training camp go on a dance resume? For most corporate jobs, if you go through an extensive interview process but are not chosen, that’s not going to be included, but I’m not sure if the dance world is different to the point where DCC Training Camp Candidate would itself be considered more prestigious than dancing for some other NFL teams. 

ETA: ByTor basically said the exact same thing lol.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

As long as RC has zero issues with Dayton's photos, I don't think the DCC should even cross her mind. Kelli was a fool to let that girl get away. 

Posting a photo like that on a public social media account shows poor judgement for any young woman - and just cause your current employer doesn’t mind that you post something like that, doesn’t mean a future employer will feel the same.  I don’t know if Kelli is the fool here. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

This is interesting. It's from the Marcea Lane bonus scene. She is in the office giving out her stickers & her opinion on the dancers. Anyway, it looks like Tara, Malena, Victoria (who got a Marcea sticker), & Ashlee are off to the side as the potential final four cuts. So what happened that Ashlee & Lily switched places? (It appears that those 4 were already off to the side; that Marcea didn't put them there.)

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dbxw8j/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-marcea-lane-challenges-the-dcc

Screenshot_2018-10-16-10-29-09.png

I found it interesting that Malena said "it's just like the DCC style" and she's shown struggling a lot!!

• Love 2
On 10/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Watching the Today show with Hoda and Jenna Bush.  Jenna is showing pictures from a birthday party for Savannah Guthrie's husband, which Charlotte attended.  This is so and so, this is so and so's wife, and "this is Charlotte, our friend from Texas."  LOL!!!

Why I LOVE Jenna Bush. She's so low key and down to eartch to come from such a famous background. 

21 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I know she’s had a nose job - it looks like maybe more than just one from that pic.   Also looks like way more than just a nose job going on w/ her face.   Her makeup and tanning is also too much IMO.  I like spray tans a lot, but hers is way too dark.

Which vet red head got her nose done?  Savannah?   I didn’t notice her nose looking any different this season.  Someone else?

Yes. Boobs and nose way before DCC.

3 hours ago, J-R said:

I took it that she is hoping not for playoff games. 

I took it she's hinting she's here for 42 games for reg season then maybe more with playoffs and All Stars.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

And as long as the DCCs like this up.....not much room to talk about other girls photos! 

Seriously WTH is this? Looks NOTHING like Milan. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Jalyn is far more facially attractive than many ladies on the team.  In fact, I’ve noticed the homeliest of the group always have bleached blonde hair.  It’s amazing the capacity Barbie platinum blonde has on some to blind a woman’s true looks.  

I personally think Jalyn's look is too cool for the DCC. Their bleach blonde blow up doll look is cheap and played out. Ahem, Gina.

• Love 11

Her caption should have been "Kelli Kiss My Ass!!!!!!!!!  So proud of her for  making such an adult choice to go do something else other than to keep trying out for DCC.  Now she can be herself....post the pix she wants, wear what she wants, say what she wants and be herself instead of what TPTB tell her what to do 24/7/365.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Lily had 5 stickers, for her to get cut was either because she did or said something egregious at the end or they couldn't risk the squad being whitewashed. They brought in 3 African American woman to training camp---they cut Jasmine early, Malena was set to go and Ashlee would have been the last one. Technically they still had Gabbi and Cianna, but they were already short on non-white vets. 

They brought in 4. Briana is black. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

If she lost the weight that quickly, that still isn't good though.  She gained 11 pounds or more since auditions and was a little heavy to start with, so if she got ALL the weight off that fast??????  I'm with @ByTor - has to be an older photo.

• Love 6
On 10/12/2018 at 11:59 PM, MyFavShows said:

I thought Danielle seemed devastated when Jasmine didn’t make it back that year.  IIRC she was much more upset than Jasmine herself.  Maybe I’m remembering it wrong though - need to rewatch...

From what I've seen on their social media accounts from time to time, they are still very close. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

They also cut Keyra. I don’t mind diversity being a reason to keep someone. They need to represent a lot of different women. I thought Ashlee is a lot better than Melena.

iI wish Melena had been able to remember the dances. I think she’s gorgeous and well spoken. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Or it could have been a male that took the photo to be flirty/funny.   The more odd thing is how she had to have the person send it to her so she could post it on her Instagram. 

• Love 2

Posting a photo like that on a public social media account shows poor judgement for any young woman - and just cause your current employer doesn’t mind that you post something like that, doesn’t mean a future employer will feel the same.  I don’t know if Kelli is the fool here. 

Those kind of pics are very common for the younger generation. Doesn't mean it's a good choice, but a very common one. And given the DCC swimsuit photos they post, Kelli can't say a thing.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

The last video she posted on instagram looked like she hadn't lost much of anything. She was fully clothed so you only caught glimpses of her tummy, but it still looked puffy. If she crash dieted to lose it during camp, it may have come right back.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

IMHO, I truly believe she delayed making cuts so that it would not look like VK was the only TCC that she gave extra time/attention. However, it's all smoke and mirrors and sorry K&J your cover is blown! Kelli said in the preview that this is the most difficult TC she has ever experienced. Ummm News Flash, it's only difficult because you know that you have to cut your BFF's daughter! 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, dccfan321 said:

You're right, I totally forgot about Brianna. 

That clip with ML seems to nail the coffin shut for Tara. 

There is a clear generational gap here. It's an increasingly common pose. Kelli is still a fool. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

IMHO, I truly believe she delayed making cuts so that it would not look like VK was the only TCC that she gave extra time/attention. However, it's all smoke and mirrors and sorry K&J you cover is blown! 

And if that's true, still not fair to everyone else.  I just don't think it should come down to the last minute.  It's happened before, but the stress factor seems to be getting worse.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Her caption should have been "Kelli Kiss My Ass!!!!!!!!!  So proud of her for  making such an adult choice to go do something else other than to keep trying out for DCC.  Now she can be herself....post the pix she wants, wear what she wants, say what she wants and be herself instead of what TPTB tell her what to do 24/7/365.

I'm sorry, but that's pretty trashy.  I thought Dayton was better than that.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And if that's true, still not fair to everyone else.  I just don't think it should come down to the last minute.  It's happened before, but the stress factor seems to be getting worse.

All due respect.  I do believe it may not be fair but they all knew what they were signing up for. This show has been on for awhile and it should not be shocking for any of the TCCs the amount of BS that happens in TC. 

7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm sorry, but that's pretty trashy.  I thought Dayton was better than that.

Agreed. If this was anybody else's daughter (past TCC/DCC) we would be ripping them to shreds on this forum. Sorry 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 16

Love Dayton, but if that was Kalyssa with the ass shot, the reaction would be totes diff. 

Catching up on old podcasts. Last week was Lacey - she acts so timid to me to have been there for 5 years. Like she still isn't comfortable talking. No wonder they picked Kashara over her for point etc. Molly is a hoot but getting a little old for the "I love fruity pebbles and each like a trash can" 24/7. Maybe i'm jealous lol. 

• Love 12