Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think she was just a second set of eyeballs, and someone who could help the girls with posing.  I hope she didn’t help choose the final photos.  They weren’t that great as we’ve discussed.  

true

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jennv said:

What an incredibly stupid trend

8 hours ago, wait.what said:

About the VK 17th birthday picture. 

If you look on Pinterest there is a trend of women having professional birthday pictures taken while smashing a cake. 

I recently went to a 30th birthday party. The woman displayed about 25 professional pictures of herself in bikinis and tutus and stilettos smashing cake and drinking liquor. She’s a beautiful woman, but...whatever. Weird generation. 

All that just to say I think VK was “on trend”. Doubt she really ate all that cake. 

A thirty-year-old woman did this? For God’s sake. The narcissism. 

• Love 15
On 10/15/2018 at 7:40 PM, MTTFan said:

I did too -- I thought I read that she was 60 --she looks older than 52 at any rate.

I've heard the phrase "After 50, you have to choose between your face and your body", meaning that allowing yourself to carry a few extra pounds gives your face a little more youthfulness but will, of course, up your dress size.  Whereas staying thin can make your face look gaunt.  As for myself, I like to think of my face as having a youthful glow ;)

On 10/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Charlotte is just like most rich ladies her age.  Trying desperately to stay young so their husband won’t stray to a much younger woman.  I bet she’s a bitch to deal with because she’s hangry all the time.  

She could do Snickers commercials.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I've heard the phrase "After 50, you have to choose between your face and your body", meaning that allowing yourself to carry a few extra pounds gives your face a little more youthfulness but will, of course, up your dress size.  Whereas staying thin can make your face look gaunt.  As for myself, I like to think of my face as having a youthful glow ;)

She could do Snickers commercials.

I want to know what Kelli did to lose weight the last couple of seasons. She looks fantastic and Judy has consistently looked great but I do agree about Charlotte

47 minutes ago, Jessica97 said:

I want to know what Kelli did to lose weight the last couple of seasons. She looks fantastic

Maybe Jinelle helped her (joke of course).   Kelli looks absolutely gorgeous with the weight off.  Someone previously posted they saw her in person "before" and she did not look overweight even then.

I think maybe they really wanted Kristen to succeed and like others have said, she just wasn't the top 36.  Hope she and Taylor come back next year.  I'm thinking CMT is showing Malena's memory mistakes more than her "non" memory mistakes for drama only.

Rachel will be an excellent ambassador if she makes the team and she is absolutely stunning looking.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe Jinelle helped her (joke of course).   Kelli looks absolutely gorgeous with the weight off.  Someone previously posted they saw her in person "before" and she did not look overweight even then.

Oh yeah, you can definitely tell that before she looked fine and normal but its like she's reverse aging now. The camera probably makes it look more noticeable but whatever she did looks great on her.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Happy Victoria-Gets-Sent-Packing Day! 

How should we celebrate!?!?! Minus the Tara cut, I think this will be the only episode this season I will actually enjoy! Minus last week when Kashara was dead honest, and I wanted to just rush through the TV and hug her. It will no longer be Victoria Making the Team after tonight y'all!!!! (Let's watch them drag it out till next week on the last episode just to screw us over now that I have said that hah)

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Jessica97 said:

I want to know what Kelli did to lose weight the last couple of seasons.

Me too...I am 46 and in the peri-menopause phase and I am carrying an extra 15lbs that just doesn't want to let go.  I have been pretty lucky and never struggled really, so it is particularly frustrating not being able to figure it out.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, LynneH said:

I really do not understand what the problem is for K/J to cut girls.  It's extremely clear based on all of the feedback they are getting in regards to the stickers.

You need to cut 5 girls 

The first three that should be cut are Victoria (1 sticker), Ashlee (2 stickers) and Kristin (2 stickers) (they have the fewest stickers and their GLs did not pick them either)

Victoria is a no brainer based on weight gain, immaturity and lack of stickers from K/J

I like Ashlee, I'm not sure why she has so few stickers, but she's apparently not a "stand out" enough to be picked for 36. So I'm not sure why she was selected for the team with only 2 stickers.

I like Kristin, but I'm okay with her cut as I think she could use another year to "spruce" up her performance. (stop looking at the ground, and perform up to the cheap seats). No stickers from K/J

That leaves 2 and the lowest remaining sticker count are vets Tara and Rachel with 3 stickers each (again no vote from GL but Lacey did have the largest group with 12).

I loved Tara, but KF didn’t pick her for top 36 and her group leader didn’t pick her either, which justifies her “cut” to me.

I’m going to assume that Veteran Rachel was “saved” from being cut by Malena’s risky memory/performance mistakes and the fact that 2 of her 3 stickers are from K/J.

I am curious to see why Lily who had 5 stickers was cut instead of Ashlee (interestingly both have stickers from Kelly but not from Judy)

On one of the previews for this week, another choreographer comes in and gives Ashlee a sticker.  I think Ashlee’s saving grace is her maturity and attitude. I was not impressed with her before they actually showed her talking to K&J (they didn’t really show her before then).  Her mature attitude blew me away with how she was dealing with all of her very real issues.  She was mature and optimistic.  I think Kelli knows that if she can get the dances down, she’d be a great ambassador for the team as well as bring more maturity to the team.  The team seems to need more maturity, as evidenced in the group leader meeting with K&J, Maddie mentioned Brennan would bring maturity to the team.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I have my wine glass clean and my cheese ball chilling. I have been waiting for this day since Episode 1! 

I am having a milkshake and birthday cake.

:)

*wink*

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, klh25 said:

Me too...I am 46 and in the peri-menopause phase and I am carrying an extra 15lbs that just doesn't want to let go.  I have been pretty lucky and never struggled really, so it is particularly frustrating not being able to figure it out.

I think Kelli looks great! Losing weight in your 40s + is difficult. I went through chemopause  at 35 and then had my ovaries removed. I wanted to drop the 20 I had gained post treatment (Tamoxifen ). My doc said I had to basically double up on my exercise since your metabolism tends to slow down with age and menopause. Not fun exercising at least 1-1.5 hours a day and eating nothing pre packaged. Folks can do it. I did it, but takes a lot of work!!!! Took me one year to drop the weight but keeping it off is even harder!!!! The body keeps wanting to go back. Really does take a lifestyle change. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I think Kelli looks great! Losing weight in your 40s + is difficult. I went through chemopause  at 35 and then had my ovaries removed. I wanted to drop the 20 I had gained post treatment (Tamoxifen ). My doc said I had to basically double up on my exercise since your metabolism tends to slow down with age and menopause. Not fun exercising at least 1-1.5 hours a day and eating nothing pre packaged. Folks can do it. I did it, but takes a lot of work!!!! Took me one year to drop the weight but keeping it off is even harder!!!! The body keeps wanting to go back. Really does take a lifestyle change. 

Tell me about it. This is where I am now...43, two kids, no thyroid. I'm trying to loose about 20 pounds to get back to where I was between kid #1 and #2 and it is hard as hell. I work out everyday, drink a ton of water, have cut out alcohol, watch what I eat...but I know my eating habits are not where they should be. I'm a full time working gal with lots of commitments so I struggle with meal planning and for sure eat too much convenience stuff. So props to all of you who have successfully done it!

• Love 7

Something I never noticed before. Current DCC Hannah is seen frequently in season 11's semis and finals, she is sitting during solos and dancing on the field next to TCC Emily Roslyn and the judges comment on her kicks being low. She is highlighted on the field and the others in her group are faded out. It struck me as so weird as she is such a phenomanal rockstar rookie and one of my personal faves! 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Cianna was at a prep class I taught. The other Shelly is our actual recruiter...specifically college dance and pom teams. Over the years, I’ve talked with quite a few girls during the audition process, that have made the team. I have either met them through the dance world or we have mutual acquaintances. 

How does "recruiting" work? Does she just go look at other dancers and encourage them to try out, or do they have other advantages that traditional girls auditioning don't have?

56 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

And as always, if you've read this far, I would also like to see more Marshall next season.

I was with you right up to this :)  I think he seems like a nice guy, but for me he's best in small doses.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Lolfordays said:

I just watched the preview for tonight’s episode featuring Jen K, and man she never ever manages to not sound like the worst. I will never ever get the love people had for her.

I never understood why people didn't like her. Until I rewatched some older seasons last weekend, that is.  She just comes across so smug & condescending (IMO).

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

On one of the previews for this week, another choreographer comes in and gives Ashlee a sticker.  I think Ashlee’s saving grace is her maturity and attitude. I was not impressed with her before they actually showed her talking to K&J (they didn’t really show her before then).  Her mature attitude blew me away with how she was dealing with all of her very real issues.  She was mature and optimistic.  I think Kelli knows that if she can get the dances down, she’d be a great ambassador for the team as well as bring more maturity to the team.  The team seems to need more maturity, as evidenced in the group leader meeting with K&J, Maddie mentioned Brennan would bring maturity to the team.

I forgot about that scene with Ashlee. She was fantastic. I think that may have been the most mature  and even inspiring office visit in the history of the show.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I never understood why people didn't like her. Until I rewatched some older seasons last weekend, that is.  She just comes across so smug & condescending (IMO).

Yes! I think TPTB think she comes across as well spoken, but it doesn’t. It is exactly that — smug and condescending. She was not THAT pretty, and honestly especially in the last year it was pretty obviously she had “weight issues” (DCC weight issues, not normal human adult woman weight issues).  I just do not get it.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I just watched the preview for tonight’s episode featuring Jen K, and man she never ever manages to not sound like the worst. I will never ever get the love people had for her.

I am also convinced she has some sort of personal beef with Brennan lol. All of that crap out on the field to cut, and Brennan is who she goes for. Come on.

Did you find this preview online?

12 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Yes! I think TPTB think she comes across as well spoken, but it doesn’t. It is exactly that — smug and condescending. She was not THAT pretty, and honestly especially in the last year it was pretty obviously she had “weight issues” (DCC weight issues, not normal human adult woman weight issues).  I just do not get it.

She’s also extremely scripted....the same thing that Kelli complained about regarding Ashley Paige the very same year that Jenn K made it. Don’t get me wrong, Jenn K is the superior DCC dancer, but if you have a problem with people who sound rehearsed and scripted, how on earth is Jenn K your favorite? 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

How does "recruiting" work? Does she just go look at other dancers and encourage them to try out, or do they have other advantages that traditional girls auditioning don't have?

Shelly has created relationships with directors through networking at competitions that she judges, visiting teams that play at AT&T Stadium, and personal friends. It’s easy to know about our local (Texas, Oklahoma & Louisiana) teams, but she has branched out to some of the top competitive teams in the country. The only advantage they might have, is a recommendation that goes directly to K & J, coming from their directors. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh goodness, this place will be hopping tonight. I'll just give my thoughts and slowly back away as I watch on iTunes and won't see it until tomorrow. This is all based on what we see in the show, not what I know to be true in real life, so...

For me, Victoria is a classic case of her qualifications making her "look good on paper." Tall, long legs. Long blonde hair. Big, bright smile. Exuberant personality. Dance training her entire life. A DCC legacy. A mother who not only raised her with seemingly no other goal in life but who is also the DCC Director's best friend. Whether not Kelli promised her a spot on the team or actually said something to the effect of " I don't see why you wouldnt make it," and Victoria interpreted that as a guarantee, I can almost see why Kelli considered her to be a shoe-in. At first. 

The problem is that, when she was incorporated into the group and compared in real time next to these other dancers - next to the gracefulness of Lacey, the country-girl-next-door appeal of KaShara, the incredible beauty and maturity of Tasha and Rookie Rachel, the technique of Daphne and Hannah, the adorableness and professionalism of Bridget - her shortcomings are readily apparent. Her immaturity and lack of polish is obvious. Her exuberance is embarrassing. Her dance technique is unrefined. Her unprofessionalism - whether due to her over-familiarity with the powers that be, her age or her belief she wasn't a target for a cut - was frustrating. 

I actually think she is very pretty and photogenic (in her IG pictures, I've never seen her in the flesh though), but for some reason it does not transfer onto film/video.  She holds her head in a way that weakens her jaw line making her chin and jaw disappear into her neck - the obvious weight gain did not help her in that respect. I, like others, do not think she is fat/overweight at all...BUT...that uniform is like .0005 yards of fabric. 

What bothers me the most is what a number of others on here have said: the favoritism. That if this was any other TCC, Kelli would've cut her weeks ago (if she'd had made TC at all). But - all my own opinion- I think as TC progressed, Kelli started seeing what we are seeing and the thought of cutting Victoria - knowing that it was going to be inevitable and crush the girl - was probably stressing her the f out. Especially since she was Victoria's most vocal supporters besides Charlotte at tryouts.

No doubt Victoria will return for next year tryouts. And I think that at some point she will make the team, possibly just staying one year, to at least say that she was a DCC. BUT: She needs to return with humbleness and maturity. With self-awareness and polish. With the passion that, if this really means that much to her, she will take the advice and help given and not blow it off. I recall Shelly posting on here that she'd given V some dance corrections in the past - maybe something about foot placement from what I recall - but V didn't apply the correction consistently. She needs to take that criticism to heart and actually apply it as well as getting other dance instructors that will actually critique her. She needs to understand that in order to make the team, she may not get to have cake or milkshakes or pancakes or burgers and fries for a year. Stick with your workouts...eat clean...make good decisions. If that what it takes to achieve your dream, then DO IT. (This is my personal mantra right now...7 lbs to lose and I CANNOT stop eating the Halloween candy I bought to give out in 2 weeks ?). 

And I want the old KFine back next year! I miss her ?. She needs to view Victoria through her traditional ruthless DCC Director eyes, not the rose-colored Auntie Kelli glasses.  

And as always, if you've read this far, I would also like to see more Marshall next season. Ok, CMT? 

One of the best summations I've read all season.  You Go Girl! (or Dude, lol) ;o)

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Shelly has created relationships with directors through networking at competitions that she judges, visiting teams that play at AT&T Stadium, and personal friends. It’s easy to know about our local (Texas, Oklahoma & Louisiana) teams, but she has branched out to some of the top competitive teams in the country. The only advantage they might have, is a recommendation that goes directly to K & J, coming from their directors. 

@ShellyB  Were you and the other Shelly DCCs at the same time?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Another thing about her - if I remember correctly, she made show group her first year. The second year she made show group and in one episode she was telling the other girls what to do, as if she had been there for 4 years already. I thought it was presumptuous and overbearing. She may have been promoted to "captain" or "head cheerleader" or whatever, but that is when I started to not like her, and it never got better. I just don't like her, and I am pretty sure I never will, so when she takes over Kelli's job, I think I will stop watching the show.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's on FB:

I’m thinking Jenn said something about VK that we don’t see on this preview.  She had Kelli playing with her necklace, poor thing, because she KNOWS VK is not ready for this team this year and she KNOWS she has to cut her.  

I never loved nor hated Jenn K so she doesn’t bother me.  I also think you may be looking at Kelli’s replacement in years to come.

10 minutes ago, jlc said:

Another thing about her - if I remember correctly, she made show group her first year. The second year she made show group and in one episode she was telling the other girls what to do, as if she had been there for 4 years already. I thought it was presumptuous and overbearing. She may have been promoted to "captain" or "head cheerleader" or whatever, but that is when I started to not like her, and it never got better. I just don't like her, and I am pretty sure I never will, so when she takes over Kelli's job, I think I will stop watching the show.

DCC Making the Team:  Season 25!  Kelli’s not leaving until the bitter end!

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

One of the best summations I've read all season.  You Go Girl! (or Dude, lol) ;o)

Aw, thanks! ? I’m a girl! Well, a 40-year-old woman who grew up in a mid-Atlantic state with no ties to Dallas (other than my great uncle playing for the Cowboys in their inaugural season), no dance ability or rhythm, who is surrounded by dudes at work (in a male-dominated industry) AND at home (husband, twin teenage stepsons, even my dog is a boy) and is obsessed with this show. ?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I forgot about that scene with Ashlee. She was fantastic. I think that may have been the most mature  and even inspiring office visit in the history of the show.

I know.  I was such an Ashlee fan after that visit!  Wishing I had a place I could rent to her.  Sigh.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's on FB:

Kelli isl literally clutching her pearls in this video. Is it just me or does she seem scared?

About the sticker situation. I don't think it's a matter of just counting stickers. K&J see the girls all summer and can assess them on and off the field, while a guest choreographer comes in and sees the girls trying a new dance style for like 90 minutes. Their opinion should not be given equal weight.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Kelli isl literally clutching her pearls in this video. Is it just me or does she seem scared?

About the sticker situation. I don't think it's a matter of just counting stickers. K&J see the girls all summer and can assess them on and off the field, while a guest choreographer comes in and sees the girls trying a new dance style for like 90 minutes. Their opinion should not be given equal weight.

Yes, clutching her pearls!  Perfect!  And she does seem scared or something.  She’s certainly dreading the conversations she’s going to have to have with VK and TK.  And maybe Charlotte.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

31 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's on FB:

I’m thinking Jenn said something about VK that we don’t see on this preview.  She had Kelli playing with her necklace, poor thing, because she KNOWS VK is not ready for this team this year and she KNOWS she has to cut her

Or Tara

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

True.  I forgot about Tara.  And she did ask her about cutting a vet.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Tara's cut.  I hate seeing a veteran cut unless they did something truly bad or harmful.  Whatever was going on in Tara's life at the time, I hope the situation has improved.

• Love 21

x

55 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I know.  I was such an Ashlee fan after that visit!  Wishing I had a place I could rent to her.  Sigh.

I really like Ashlee :) She is poised and mature...is a good dancer and has great presence.  I hope she sticks around for a bit!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Right!  I’m not even a big Brennan fan, but I’m glad she made it. When you bring a girl in to training camp for the third time, the only reasons for cutting them should be a rule violation, injury that will keep them out all football season (Achilles, acl etc), or a complete failure to master the choreo. The time for cutting Brennan because she “doesn’t pop” or “doesn’t do it for you” has passed IMO. 

I've never been a Jenn K fan...period.  She never did it for me.  She has a harsh, almost smug look.    I think she comes across as arrogant as if she thinks she's the "poo".  Her personality makes her ugly to me.  Sorry...I know a lot of people like her...but she's one I could have definitely  done without.  Her choreo?? Looks like all of the others...nothing original.  Her choreo BORES the hell out of me. 

• Love 22

I think Jenn K's choreo is fine and the classes she teaches seem to truly be useful - not just with their 'power and projection' but also with becoming more aware of how DCC are expected to act (mature, professional, etc.)  She seems to offer real encouragement and information that helps a lot of girls. 

THAT said, I think Jenn lets her own quirks define her decisions too often.  I don't want to say petty reasons because sometimes she DOES have valid critiques (like a low kick).  But her definition of 'pop' and even her rude judgment of Kashara based solely on her accent...I lose some respect for her and take her overall criticisms with a grain of salt. 

as for her weight, she DID just have a baby and was pregnant for a lot of the past year lol.  Normally I know she works hard to be in shape, she's never been ripped.   

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Jenn K's choreo is fine and the classes she teaches seem to truly be useful - not just with their 'power and projection' but also with becoming more aware of how DCC are expected to act (mature, professional, etc.)  She seems to offer real encouragement and information that helps a lot of girls. 

THAT said, I think Jenn lets her own quirks define her decisions too often.  I don't want to say petty reasons because sometimes she DOES have valid critiques (like a low kick).  But her definition of 'pop' and even her rude judgment of Kashara based solely on her accent...I lose some respect for her and take her overall criticisms with a grain of salt. 

as for her weight, she DID just have a baby and was pregnant for a lot of the past year lol.  Normally I know she works hard to be in shape, she's never been ripped.   

I 100% agree with the first paragraph. As far as KaShara, what did she say about her accent? I completely missed that one.

• Love 3

Jenn K - "Is it this hard every sum-?"

Judy - "N0!!!"

Too many hands in the pot, too many opinions.  I'm surprised she hasn't brought in Phil, the gal who runs concessions, her neighbor and all the group leaders from previous seasons.  And if you are going to be bringing in people this close to the end, show them the ones on the bubble.  In this case, have Jenn K focus on them and only them.  If Brennan is not on the bubble, then don't worry about her.  And we all have the same opinion about how Kelli could make this easier on herself and on Judy.  

• Love 23