Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

She does have that very...chiseled jawline like Demi. Does that make her sound masculine? Maybe "defined" is a better description.

I would have gotten snarky, and retorted, "Well, that sure is some evolved seafood!"

?

6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Two of my favorites!  Amber-former Kilgore Rangerette and Bridget-former Charger Girl.

2018-10-13 (31) - Copy.png

I don't see Demi Moore when I look at Amber. When I see is Jordyn Wieber with a nose job.

Wieber_Jordyn_001.jpg

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Tarode said:

I don't really know if this goes here or not, but couldn't figure out where else to put it.

So, I was visiting family in Arlington, TX this week and I saw that Tess and Hannah were going to be at a grocery store right by where I was. So, I went and met them. Let me just say, Tess is stunning. Hannah is too for that matter. They were both so nice and friendly. I actually got to talk to them for quite a bit. They were super nice to my 2 great nieces ( 11 and 13 year olds). I got a team photo and took a pic of them. I'm going to attempt to attach them to this post. 

I was so excited to see that they were going to be so close to where I was. I was visiting from Chicago.

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

Thats great. An unexpected addition to your trip! Thanks for posting that. I’ll probably never see them in person.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Tarode said:

So, I went and met them. Let me just say, Tess is stunning. Hannah is too for that matter. They were both so nice and friendly. I actually got to talk to them for quite a bit.

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

PLEASE tell me you asked them about #metoo and flag football!!!!!!

• Love 14

Charlotte is just like most rich ladies her age.  Trying desperately to stay young so their husband won’t stray to a much younger woman.  I bet she’s a bitch to deal with because she’s hangry all the time.  

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:
11 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Whomever said Amber looks like a young Demi Moore hit it right. 

LO, i don't see either of these things.

I have no idea who John Cena or Conor is, but I agree about Amber, I don't think she resembles Demi Moore even a little bit.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, DBAAT said:

My thought is that Kelli kept VK as long as she did to give her an opportunity to do the cameo shoot. She has dreamt of being a DCC her whole life, and maybe Kelli knew she was going to have to cut her, so she let her at least have that moment. Just a thought.

I agree with this 100%, but I am also 100% angry about that because once again Kelli is doing things for her that she has been unwilling to do for any other TCC in the previous 12 years! So many women through the years were trashed by Kelli, and here she is giving this twit every opportunity to make this team, and that twit is throwing it in EVERYONES face!

• Love 14
18 hours ago, DBAAT said:

My thought is that Kelli kept VK as long as she did to give her an opportunity to do the cameo shoot. She has dreamt of being a DCC her whole life, and maybe Kelli knew she was going to have to cut her, so she let her at least have that moment. Just a thought.

I’m a bit of a cynic, but I think Kelli was hoping that enough other girls would start struggling as training camp wore on and would then take the focus off of VK. She could then cut them and spin a story about VK improving just in time (doesn’t matter if it was true or not). Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective), that didn’t happen, and VK is and was the one with the most obvious problems of the group the whole time. 

Its just kind of funny because usually people in decision-making positions, who are dealing with friends’ kids or relatives, would kill for a solid, objective reason to cut them. Here, with her obvious weight gain, VK handed Kelli an easy, objective, non-controversial reason to cut her early on, and Kelli just refused to take it until the end.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

PLEASE tell me you asked them about #metoo and flag football!!!!!!

You're too funny! Unfortunately I didn't ask them about either of those things. I was a few episodes behind due to travel so I didn't ask those questions.

Hannah is from the western suburbs of Chicago so we talked about that. She was curious if it had started getting colder back home yet. She said she misses that. We also talked about a mutual friend that she and my daughter have from my daughter's school and sorority. She couldn't have been nicer. 

I just told Tess how I had always thought she was pretty, but seeing her in person, she was stunning! I also thanked her for liking a comment I had made on FB. She said it was nice to meet me and thanks for being a fan. 

Funny note - there was a large guy standing off to the side of them. Just listening and chuckling about our conversation. So I asked if he's their bodyguard. He was like, no, just their friend. So I told him he had a tough job, but somebody had to do it! He laughed at that. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I honestly don’t care what women decide to wear regardless of age and circumstance. However, Charlotte looks TERRIBLE. I don’t understand why women feel the need to do this crap to their bodies to fit a societal ideal.  In the battle of the aging process, age always win. Save your money.

She is beautiful in person and a very magnetic speaker. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Tarode said:

You're too funny! Unfortunately I didn't ask them about either of those things. I was a few episodes behind due to travel so I didn't ask those questions.

Hannah is from the western suburbs of Chicago so we talked about that. She was curious if it had started getting colder back home yet. She said she misses that. We also talked about a mutual friend that she and my daughter have from my daughter's school and sorority. She couldn't have been nicer. 

I just told Tess how I had always thought she was pretty, but seeing her in person, she was stunning! I also thanked her for liking a comment I had made on FB. She said it was nice to meet me and thanks for being a fan. 

Funny note - there was a large guy standing off to the side of them. Just listening and chuckling about our conversation. So I asked if he's their bodyguard. He was like, no, just their friend. So I told him he had a tough job, but somebody had to do it! He laughed at that. 

I met Lindsay who was cut a few weeks back at the Texas State Fair 10/3.  She was really pretty and sweet and talked to me for a few minutes.  We talked about how hard training camp is.  Not sure if she will come back as she said she was a nurse - not sure if she already is or is trying to be.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

THERE ARE NO WORDS.

I just can’t with that picture. For the sheer fact that it makes me want to shower. The thought have having all that icing stuck under my nails makes me sick. Is she laying on bubbles or cotton? The whole combo gives me the heebeejeebies. I don’t do toddlers because they are sticky. I don’t want to have to worry about adults being disgusting too. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, sooooo ill said:

She really does. I always wonder if I'm trying to dress "too young" for 36. I get black leggings (i have 12 identical pairs lol) with solid colored fitted shirts from the juniors department. I've tried shopping in the "ladies" department but man it's just not my style. And I'm going from two tone hair (platinum and black) back to all blond because I feel too old to rock it. But then I see 55 year olds with rainbow hair and mini skirts so who knows these days.

Kelli and Judy dress well for their age I hope to have their style sense when I get older. 

Edited by WickedMom
Deleting comment.

Well heck - I wear whatever my heart desires at 57.

Charlotte has the body to rock a mini-skirt so more power to her!!!   

I think Kelli looked great in the boots.

Neither looked ridiculous to me.

Freedom of fashion expression is a beautiful thing!

7 minutes ago, WickedMom said:

• Love 23

I don't do instagram and twitter because it is just too much.  But when I rewatched Krisin's cut, I teared up.  So I commented on FB and she responded!!!  OMG, fangirling here!  I can't believe I am this excited.  But I really like her - love her looks, her heart, and her dance.  I was sorry to see her go, but maybe she wasn't quite ready.  I just want her to try again.  

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Opine said:

I don't do instagram and twitter because it is just too much.  But when I rewatched Krisin's cut, I teared up.  So I commented on FB and she responded!!!  OMG, fangirling here!  I can't believe I am this excited.  But I really like her - love her looks, her heart, and her dance.  I was sorry to see her go, but maybe she wasn't quite ready.  I just want her to try again.  

I've been watching this show since it started, and it doesn't matter how many girls I've seen cut, there are some that just break your heart.  

• Love 13
On 10/10/2018 at 4:34 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Not really a Gina fan here, but she's not hunched to me. More like a long torse and she's keeping her head and shoulders straight, keep balance. I'd love to call out Gina for bad dance, but this isn't the case. I'm a bitch. Yay.

Finally watching last week's podcast and dang Christina is one smug bitch. You'd think she breezed in and had Gina skills or Tasha looks the way she presents herself. Me no likey. 

I totally agree...not about you being a bitch, but about feeling that Gina's NOT hunching.  To be honest, I've become a Gina fan.  The girl can dance and she seems more approachable. 

Christine on the other hand ~ Again, you're totally correct......Me no likey today, yesterday and it doesn't appear that  tomorrow's looking like I'm joining her fan club either!!  Just no. 

About you being a bitch.....I feel a sisterhood here.  Never can I deny my own bitchitude. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Opine said:

I agree with you. She seems to have a giving heart and is committed to living out her faith in tangible ways. There was an authenticity to her that I admired. She's a great dancer and very pretty so if she can just work on her eye contact/connecting with the audience, I think she'd be a great addition to the team. Hope she tries out again.

• Love 12

I'm always surprised by which girls get the most negative comments every year.  I liked Gina last year, and Christina, and Brennan.  I was rooting for Amy too, but understand why she was cut.  I was glad Maddie made it after her first cut, but I'm not really a fan of the type of hip hop some people do, especially when I see what I perceive to be "real" hip hop.

I like Victoria too, despite the many things she has to work on.   I understand the frustration some people here feel about her still being a TCC.  But I don't have anything at all against her.  It's CMT's editing that has been making her the focal point.  If she were being edited like Lily, we may wonder why Victoria wasn't being shown and maybe say Kelli is protecting her because she is her pet.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

I like Victoria too, despite the many things she has to work on.   I understand the frustration some people here feel about her still being a TCC.  But I don't have anything at all against her.  It's CMT's editing that has been making her the focal point.  If she were being edited like Lily, we may wonder why Victoria wasn't being shown and maybe say Kelli is protecting her because she is her pet.

I see it a bit differently. The only reason VK is still in TC is because she's Kelli's pet. I think the initial intent was for this to be a heroic edit, showing her overcoming whatever challenges she had (youth, weight) to rise to the occasion and live out her destiny as a legacy DCC. The idea being that the audience would fall in love with her and root her on. However, reality (i.e. her immature behavior and weight gain) is interfering as it does. Now we've got to keep seeing justification for why she's still there, when objectively she should not be. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm always surprised by which girls get the most negative comments every year.  I liked Gina last year, and Christina, and Brennan.  I was rooting for Amy too, but understand why she was cut.  I was glad Maddie made it after her first cut, but I'm not really a fan of the type of hip hop some people do, especially when I see what I perceive to be "real" hip hop.

If Victoria wasn’t being shown so much, maybe we would have gotten to see more of the other girls. Maybe the  show would have been much more enjoyable this season 

I certainly would have more respect for Kelli if I didn’t know she kept Victoria after she ignored DCC staff, isnt trusted in front of a camera, ranked last by her group leader, and only having one sticker from her teacher. Even without the weight gain she has problems that justify her cut. I lost respect for Kitty too.

Focusing on Victoria less would have benefitted everyone on the show in my view. It was much better this week with lots of dancing and seeing a couple of other people. But we still had to see Victoria being stupid a few times. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't understand the Christina, Gina or Brennan dislike but the VK experience has been extremely frustrating to watch. Probably pretty frustrating for those three just mentioned to watch while in TC. Christina and Brennan have had to work hard and it took them years to be deemed worthy. Gina got called out for how she was perceived to the others. VK is a sloppy dancer, out of shape, rude and immature and till the end they were still on the fence ?? I don't dislike her, I just dislike the crazy advantages she has gotten and ruining a season of a show that I enjoy.

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, WickedMom said:

Well heck - I wear whatever my heart desires at 57.

Charlotte has the body to rock a mini-skirt so more power to her!!!   

I think Kelli looked great in the boots.

Neither looked ridiculous to me.

Freedom of fashion expression is a beautiful thing!

Yes! That's how it should be....I'm just always second guessing myself and never had a knack for fashion trends or wearing girly clothes or skirts. When i see a woman of any age wearing something daring I wish I had the guts to do it. 

• Love 5
On 10/13/2018 at 1:44 AM, Annalisa said:

I wouldn't doubt it was Charlotte. That beotch is cheap. Her and her dad have been stealing money from the cheerleaders since 1961. They get paid nothing for their time and get treated bad in the process.  Kelli said the dcc gives them many opportunities... To do what?  

Charlotte.  They really wanted 38 - even Judy who loves her spacing for 36 - and Charlotte would not budge. I'm very much looking forward to that episode to see how much we get to see.  

FTR I like Charlotte. I know absolutely zilch about budgeting for a major football franchise so I can't comment on whether I think her decision was wise/necessary. 

Part of me still thinks they stick to 36 because it keeps a certain level of prestige.  "oh you're a wold class dancer and performer? sorry, we only take 36 and you just finished at 37.  what can we say, we just attract the best of the best!" 

On 10/12/2018 at 1:46 PM, CPA1967 said:

This is what I do not understand. All the stickers for Lily?  What in the world could she have done to be cut at this late hour?  She even had a yes from Kitty. 

891BC4AB-BB70-4B9D-A417-8B642BDE4B47.jpeg

My understanding was they were splitting hairs the last practice trying to figure out who to cut.  I feel bad for LIly but I'll take her being let go over some of the others who were up for a possible last minute hail mary cut.  I really hope she tries out again next year.  She was well liked.  

Kitty giving a sticker to Victoria over JALYN still makes me eye roll SO hard.  Ok Kitty.  

• Love 23

Watching the Today show with Hoda and Jenna Bush.  Jenna is showing pictures from a birthday party for Savannah Guthrie's husband, which Charlotte attended.  This is so and so, this is so and so's wife, and "this is Charlotte, our friend from Texas."  LOL!!!

• Love 6
On 10/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, Love2ride said:

Tara has lost her sparkle.  She was so bright last season and a strong performer.  I couldn’t believe Savannah wasn’t a Veteran Cut.  She was absolutely lost in the clip they showed. The Rookies in her group were definitely out performing her with BOTH power and dance.  She did NOT look like a Vet.  Like everyone else, I am wondering WHY they let Lily go?    

I feel bad for Tara.  I think there was a lot going on in her life that just had her in a rough place.  I have my speculations based on even just her appearance but they are speculations and not fact.  She was one of my favorite rookies so I'm still sad she wasn't able to pull it together because you could tell Kelli and even Judy liked her a lot. 

Savannah was lost in that clip but not all summer long.  I know a lot of people here hate her but she is not a bad dancer or performer in the least; by no means the strongest vet but she's solid and her personality/who she is as a person and teammate makes her an asset to the squad.  Again, I know she gets dragged here a lot but she's an amazing person; I'm still waiting to hear about someone, anyone, on the team who doesn't just love her and appreciate her.  That said, whether they end up showing it or not, she did have an office visit to discuss whether anything was up or if she was just 'off.' 

• Love 22

I’ve just finished rewatching this season and want to share my thoughts on how the VK cut may play out.

During the K/J/Jinelle meeting, Kelli suggested VK was in over her head in TC. Then she said, “What I think is that you’re under such pressure that you can’t be yourself,” before admonishing, “You need to take this seriously and treat this as a *job*...you need to figure out who Victoria is.”

It is my opinion that in offering the excuses about pressure and then hinting at her maturity, Kelli was setting up VK’s exit strategy. I wouldn’t be surprised—though I *would* be disappointed—if we don’t see a traditional cut, but rather hear from Kelli that VK has elected to drop out of camp to focus on her (mental or physical) health, that they wish her well and look forward to seeing her reaudition when she’s in a better place. This is my nightmare, especially since it would likely be conducted off-camera, saving VK the embarrassment of a real cut.

I genuinely hope nothing such as this occurs, because I really need the relief of a full VK cut scene. I feel like I’ve been holding in a sneeze, and I need a satisfying “achoo”!

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I feel bad for Tara.  I think there was a lot going on in her life that just had her in a rough place.  I have my speculations based on even just her appearance but they are speculations and not fact.  She was one of my favorite rookies so I'm still sad she wasn't able to pull it together because you could tell Kelli and even Judy liked her a lot. 

Savannah was lost in that clip but not all summer long.  I know a lot of people here hate her but she is not a bad dancer or performer in the least; by no means the strongest vet but she's solid and her personality/who she is as a person and teammate makes her an asset to the squad.  Again, I know she gets dragged here a lot but she's an amazing person; I'm still waiting to hear about someone, anyone, on the team who doesn't just love her and appreciate her.  That said, whether they end up showing it or not, she did have an office visit to discuss whether anything was up or if she was just 'off.' 

I feel what you’re speculating on regarding Tara and now that you say it, I think you might be corrrct. That would explain so much.

Also, I think Savannah is just lovely and she seems to be well-liked in the locker room. I’ve genuinely never understood the grief over her, because I find her bunny teeth  adorable and I think the shade of her red hair is delicate & unique. I’ve been a fan of her’s since the beginning.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

When Tara couldn’t articulate any reason why she was off, it seemed odd to me. Usually someone knows what’s stressing them in life at least a little. I hope if she was doing anything harmful to herself, she might have actually gotten some help in sorting it out from Kelli. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Tarode said:

I don't really know if this goes here or not, but couldn't figure out where else to put it.

So, I was visiting family in Arlington, TX this week and I saw that Tess and Hannah were going to be at a grocery store right by where I was. So, I went and met them. Let me just say, Tess is stunning. Hannah is too for that matter. They were both so nice and friendly. I actually got to talk to them for quite a bit. They were super nice to my 2 great nieces ( 11 and 13 year olds). I got a team photo and took a pic of them. I'm going to attempt to attach them to this post. 

I was so excited to see that they were going to be so close to where I was. I was visiting from Chicago.

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

Hannah looks like she needs a new hair color. In this picture, at least, it's way too close to her skin tone. It might be the lighting, but it just all blends too much in this pic.

Edited by hannahbanana

I feel like there are some stragglers in camp every year and it really doesn’t bug me. It’s a paid dance job and excellent experience for those who are green. 

Exceptions being:

1 - The candidate has a career and QUITS even though it’s clear to everyone they aren’t going to get there in time. Malena, this is you. Given her history, I’m shocked Kelli didn’t give her the mercy cut early. 

2 - The candidate causes excess drama and angst amongst vets and TCC alike. Taylor and Victoria fit in here. They’re young and have the time freedom for camp, and if they had solid personalities, great! Keep them in camp to soak up the experience. Brianna immediately comes to mind here. But once they’re poison, let them go. 

3 - If they’re fun dancers but not the right style, make sure they’re cut in time for other opportunities. There have been a handful of gals in camp that would be excellent NBA dancers but weren’t catching the DCC style...I always want for them to be free in time for Mavs. Or AAIA (Ice Angels) since they seem to be a solid “minor league” option for those who are almost there for the DCC but need experience. 

Edited by kalibean
Replaced Ice Girls with AAIA...being a Stars dancer looks like a blast, but more former Ice Angels make the squad and that’s what I meant :)
  • Love 5

After rewatching last week’s episode, I really hope Tara’s cut isn’t an “actual” cut. I hope we see Tara having a discussion with Kelli & Judy about her mental health & all of them coming to an agreement that her remaining on the team isn’t in her best interests. She looked so tired, & you could tell from her talking head after the office visit that she’s going through something that even she can’t explain. She needs to take time to focus on herself, & working as a DCC on top of a full-time job is probably so overwhelming. Judy shrugging her shoulders after Tara left the room & Kelli’s pep talk said a lot about how much they want to keep her on the team. From what I remember, the explanations for her cut always came back to weight, & since we haven’t seen a discussion about weight in her 2 office visits & since she appeared to remain on good terms with the team, I’m praying that it isn’t a “true” cut.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I’m completely unbiased when it comes to Savannah, although I do think she’s very pretty. She does seem to be one of their weakest, but maybe that’s editing. Do you think she deserved to stay over Lily? 

15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I feel like there are some stragglers in camp every year and it really doesn’t bug me. It’s a paid dance job and excellent experience for those who are green. 

Exceptions being:

1 - The candidate has a career and QUITS even though it’s clear to everyone they aren’t going to get there in time. Malena, this is you. Given her history, I’m shocked Kelli didn’t give her the mercy cut early. 

2 - The candidate causes excess drama and angst amongst vets and TCC alike. Taylor and Victoria fit in here. They’re young and have the time freedom for camp, and if they had solid personalities, great! Keep them in camp to soak up the experience. Brianna immediately comes to mind here. But once they’re poison, let them go. 

3 - If they’re fun dancers but not the right style, make sure they’re cut in time for other opportunities. There have been a handful of gals in camp that would be excellent NBA dancers but weren’t catching the DCC style...I always want for them to be free in time for Mavs. Or Ice Girls since they seem to be a solid “minor league” option for those who are almost there for the DCC but need experience. 

Preach sister! All of this!!!!

• Love 1

Here’s what I am thinking: since the episodes were listed wrong on our tv sets, CMT/the producers are re-editing the shows because of whatever is going behind the scenes, things that we don’t even know about or because of what has been leaked. It will be interesting to watch what WILL be shown after all the behind the scenes drama this year.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’m completely unbiased when it comes to Savannah, although I do think she’s very pretty. She does seem to be one of their weakest, but maybe that’s editing. Do you think she deserved to stay over Lily? 

Preach sister! All of this!!!!

Yes she did, 1000%, no hesitation on that.  

• Love 3
On 10/13/2018 at 1:44 AM, Annalisa said:

I wouldn't doubt it was Charlotte. That beotch is cheap. Her and her dad have been stealing money from the cheerleaders since 1961. They get paid nothing for their time and get treated bad in the process.  Kelli said the dcc gives them many opportunities... To do what?  

You do realize she has had a nose job right?  So has the veteran red head,  I forget her name. So there is plastic

I know she’s had a nose job - it looks like maybe more than just one from that pic.   Also looks like way more than just a nose job going on w/ her face.   Her makeup and tanning is also too much IMO.  I like spray tans a lot, but hers is way too dark.

Which vet red head got her nose done?  Savannah?   I didn’t notice her nose looking any different this season.  Someone else?

• Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 11:44 PM, Annalisa said:

You do realize she has had a nose job right?  So has the veteran red head,  I forget her name. So there is plastic

Well, considering  Massa' Jerry  bought the team in the late 80's that would be impossible for him to do. 

Not defending that turd at all but let's have correct information here.  

It's interesting that very rich women often think that the skinnier they are, the younger they look. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Older women need a few pounds on them to round out their faces and not make them seem skeletal, which is Charlotte's problem. She looks anorexic in yesterday's photo. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Opine said:

She responded to me also which I got excited about. I really liked her so i hope she comes back like she told me. I teared up also for her, Taylor and Dayton when they got cut. This is the first year I got emotional at cuts. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gottodance said:

It was posted earlier that VK was telling everyone the reason she was cut was because she is too popular and had too much air time, I wonder if this will come into play

Ummmm,  being popular is the reason you keep someone -- assuming of course, that are not an out of control dancer or out of control eater that gains 11+ pounds in TC and/or top it off with a nasty habit of shooting off your mouth or disrespecting those who have gone before you and presume on your mother's friendship so you don't have to EARN your spot.

JMHO

• Love 7
On 10/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think Jaylns body is that great.   She’s almost too thin and tiny that she looks like a little girl.   When it comes to a petite figure, Savanahs is much better cause she looks healthier and womanly.    Jayln is a clean and powerful dancer so I see why they like her, but if they were picking the girls exclusivley based on how they look, I don’t think she would have made camp.   She doesn’t look like a DCC at all and I think many of us on here recognized this before the show aired and we saw her dance.

I think Jalyn is far more facially attractive than many ladies on the team.  In fact, I’ve noticed the homeliest of the group always have bleached blonde hair.  It’s amazing the capacity Barbie platinum blonde has on some to blind a woman’s true looks.  

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 13