Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Gottodance said:

It was posted earlier that VK was telling everyone the reason she was cut was because she is too popular and had too much air time, I wonder if this will come into play

Sure, Jan. 

The old "they're just jealous" defense. Please girl, GTFO with that. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Gottodance said:

It was posted earlier that VK was telling everyone the reason she was cut was because she is too popular and had too much air time, I wonder if this will come into play

She’s so popular the only sticker she got was from the lady she pays to teach her dance. 

She’s so popular her group leader doesn’t want her.

She’s so popular that she turned away alone after being called into the office while everyone stayed with the other girl.

(I could go on.)

I don’t blame her for trying to save face in this situation.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, rose711 said:

She’s so popular the only sticker she got was from the lady she pays to teach her dance. 

She’s so popular her group leader doesn’t want her.

She’s so popular that she turned away alone after being called into the office while everyone stayed with the other girl.

(I could go on.)

I don’t blame her for trying to save face in this situation.

I find it very interesting that VK does not have a KF or JT sticker.  

• Love 7
On 10/12/2018 at 9:33 PM, Thebiglebowski said:

Last nights episode made me worry about Tara. Mental health is important and she hinted that her job and not being able to find a good balance was overwhelming. If she isnt sleeping well, that could cause a bloated face. Hypothyroid issues can cause that as well. But if you really watched Tara's body language and her eyes, she projected exhaustion, a deep sadness, and something along the lines of depression. I hope she will be ok and that someone will check in with her. It's hard when you feel like you've lost control, and you're just so damn tired. 

My family struggles with mental health, and the world still isnt accepting and understanding of people struggling with mental health issues. There is still a negative stigma. And some people dont ever realize that they have gone too far down the rabbitt hole because it is their new normal. 

Ironically, as all the "supposed" hypothyroidism was being thrown around and speculated/alleged that VK was using that as an excuse, with all the things you picked up on with Tara, she could perhaps be struggling with this condition. The exhaustion, the crippling fatigue, the bloated face and neck, depression from the chemical imbalance, it's very possible.

I've mentioned this earlier in discussions because I have a lifelong battle with hypothyroidism, but deep depression has been a struggle back and forth when the thyroid issues "are out of whack".   I apologize, this is absolutely not about me, I'm not wanting to get the thyroid issue started again.  For Tara's sake, whatever it may be, I hope for the very best and I pray for her well care -mentally and physically. It made my heart hurt to see her and whatever it is that she's truly going through.    I think she's absolutely precious. 

• Love 24
On 10/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, Annalisa said:

I wouldn't doubt it was Charlotte. That beotch is cheap. Her and her dad have been stealing money from the cheerleaders since 1961. They get paid nothing for their time and get treated bad in the process. 

Well, the Jones Family bought the Cowboys in February of 1989, and Charlotte was born in 1966.  So there's that...

• Love 9
5 hours ago, rose711 said:

When Tara couldn’t articulate any reason why she was off, it seemed odd to me. Usually someone knows what’s stressing them in life at least a little. I hope if she was doing anything harmful to herself, she might have actually gotten some help in sorting it out from Kelli. 

Tara may not have been comfortable explaining something personal in front of the camera

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Well, the Jones Family bought the Cowboys in February of 1989, and Charlotte was born in 1966.  So there's that...

If Charlotte was born in 66 she’d omly be 52 years old - I thought she was significanly older than that? 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

If Charlotte was born in 66 she’d omly be 52 years old - I thought she was significanly older than that? 

I did too -- I thought I read that she was 60 --she looks older than 52 at any rate.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If Charlotte was born in 66 she’d omly be 52 years old - I though she was significanly older than that? 

Wow!  My Olay is working wonders...I look much younger than Charlotte...not to brag...but she is richer. Lol

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Gottodance said:

OMG. She needs to shuddit. Everyone with a functioning brain could see she has gained weight and she needs time to GROW UP!! 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Ummmm,  being popular is the reason you keep someone -- assuming of course, that are not an out of control dancer or out of control eater that gains 11+ pounds in TC and/or top it off with a nasty habit of shooting off your mouth or disrespecting those who have gone before you and presume on your mother's friendship so you don't have to EARN your spot.

JMHO

Wrong kind of popular = voted most wanted (popular) to be gone.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Gottodance said:

From what I remember, it was what VK told a girl at The Star gym when asked why she was cut from the team. Not sure how many others she is saying this to. The girl she told knows someone on this board and they posted the story.

• Love 4

Long time lurker here (all of your knowledge of DCC impresses the heck out of me). I have been wanting to comment for awhile that Victoria reminds me of a younger Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules. No one else may agree with me, but I feel better getting that off my chest. lol

• Love 5
On 10/12/2018 at 10:59 PM, MyFavShows said:

I thought Danielle seemed devastated when Jasmine didn’t make it back that year.  IIRC she was much more upset than Jasmine herself.  Maybe I’m remembering it wrong though - need to rewatch...

I remembered it the same way!  Danielle was sobbing!

• Love 5

I really hope VK doesn't look at these boards. She annoys me too but she's just young and immature. Her parents need to let her make mistakes without intervening and that will mature her faster than anything. Seeing some of the comments on here takes a thick skin if they are about the person reading the threads. I think a lot of her FaceTime is CMT edits. There is no way she is the only one that does the face to face interviews in her rookie class. 

Charlotte is 52? Ok I thought she was closer to 70. She is way too thin and almost has a frail look about her. I'm 47 and I look WAY younger than her. I still wear mini skirts but not black leather. And I wear them with tights for winter. I just bought a cute brown suede one that I love! I think it just depends on the person. Tina Turner looked killer in miniskirts when she was in her 70's. But Tina Turner is a freak of nature. I would love having her voice, arms, legs, etc. 

I think Kelli has a pet project every year and she hates to cut them. This year it is VK. Last year it was that Brianna girl from NJ. She drove me crazy. She was always crying to the camera and she was more lost than Malena in the dances, yet they kept and her and kept her because she was pretty. Although that said, they didn't keep her as long as VK has been in TC but then again, EVERYONE was telling Kelli to cut Brianna. Even Kitty. I wonder if she will audition again in the future. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

From what I remember, it was what VK told a girl at The Star gym when asked why she was cut from the team. Not sure how many others she is saying this to. The girl she told knows someone on this board and they posted the story.

I am so hoping that VK develops some maturity this year and returns to her natural hair color which is so becoming on her.  She's a talented dancer and a very beautiful young lady.  I wasn't the wisest person at 18 and 19...

• Love 6
6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Here’s what I am thinking: since the episodes were listed wrong on our tv sets, CMT/the producers are re-editing the shows because of whatever is going behind the scenes, things that we don’t even know about or because of what has been leaked. It will be interesting to watch what WILL be shown after all the behind the scenes drama this year.

Interesting theory. VK’s excess weight at Cameos was unforgivable - surely her cut should have happened immediately after the cameo shoot but in real life it probably didn’t; perhaps putting cameos in episode 11 rather than ep 10 gives slightly more “face validity” to K&J keeping her so long afterwards.

Anyone else looking like that would have been cut then and there in the studio

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Gottodance said:

She probably believes that. ?

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I’m a bit of a cynic, but I think Kelli was hoping that enough other girls would start struggling as training camp wore on and would then take the focus off of VK. She could then cut them and spin a story about VK improving just in time (doesn’t matter if it was true or not). Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective), that didn’t happen, and VK is and was the one with the most obvious problems of the group the whole time. 

Its just kind of funny because usually people in decision-making positions, who are dealing with friends’ kids or relatives, would kill for a solid, objective reason to cut them. Here, with her obvious weight gain, VK handed Kelli an easy, objective, non-controversial reason to cut her early on, and Kelli just refused to take it until the end.

It's especially annoying after the stern way she addressed Dayton with, "You won't make this team just because you're someone's daughter." Now it looks more like she didn't make the team because she wasn't the right someone's daughter.

4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She sure looks older than 52. Way older!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, pompom said:

Long time lurker here (all of your knowledge of DCC impresses the heck out of me). I have been wanting to comment for awhile that Victoria reminds me of a younger Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules. No one else may agree with me, but I feel better getting that off my chest. lol

Welcome to the insane asylum!!!!

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Speaking of....

okaaaaaay dayton...

Well Hello, Dayton!!!

• Love 9
On 10/11/2018 at 10:20 PM, PBSLover said:

All the girls get notes during training camp from Kelli. That’s why she speaks in to the recorder. She gives them feedback on what she is seeing in rehearsals.

I don’t think the girls get the “notes”unless they are called in. Otherwise, I believe, they don’t know what she said. 

1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

No wonder Kelli said Dayton looked best in the uni. Wowza!

?DCC?

8 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Maddie is definitely using way too much hairspray!

7904609C-82EB-4000-A0DE-EE318E5B1457.jpeg

I love Maddie. Here, though, she does remind me a little of Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein. I hope that’s not mean? I certainly do not mean it to be!  I loved M.K. In that movie! 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I really hope VK doesn't look at these boards. She annoys me too but she's just young and immature. Her parents need to let her make mistakes without intervening and that will mature her faster than anything. Seeing some of the comments on here takes a thick skin if they are about the person reading the threads. I think a lot of her FaceTime is CMT edits. There is no way she is the only one that does the face to face interviews in her rookie class. 

Charlotte is 52? Ok I thought she was closer to 70. She is way too thin and almost has a frail look about her. I'm 47 and I look WAY younger than her. I still wear mini skirts but not black leather. And I wear them with tights for winter. I just bought a cute brown suede one that I love! I think it just depends on the person. Tina Turner looked killer in miniskirts when she was in her 70's. But Tina Turner is a freak of nature. I would love having her voice, arms, legs, etc. 

I think Kelli has a pet project every year and she hates to cut them. This year it is VK. Last year it was that Brianna girl from NJ. She drove me crazy. She was always crying to the camera and she was more lost than Malena in the dances, yet they kept and her and kept her because she was pretty. Although that said, they didn't keep her as long as VK has been in TC but then again, EVERYONE was telling Kelli to cut Brianna. Even Kitty. I wonder if she will audition again in the future. 

Haha.  That made me laugh hard so thank u. 

11 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

She kept Brianna even though she had dance issues, which she feels can be worked on during the season. VK has issues in every area! It is totally different this year because it is obvious she is only keeping VK because of her friendship with TK! 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I don’t think the girls get the “notes”unless they are called in. Otherwise, I believe, they don’t know what she said. 

?DCC?

I love Maddie. Here, though, she does remind me a little of Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein. I hope that’s not mean? I certainly do not mean it to be!  I loved M.K. In that movie! 

I LOVE Madeline Kahn. And all of Mel Brooks movies!!!!!!! 

• Love 2
On 10/15/2018 at 5:57 AM, homelife said:

Could it be Kash is hinting at our hopes of becoming an All-Star?!

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.56.11 AM.png

I took it that she is hoping not for playoff games. 

• Love 2
On 10/13/2018 at 9:12 AM, ElenaFR said:

@ShellyB Would accommodations be made for vegetarians in the etiquette training?  Or would a TC have to make do and pretend to eat and waste food?

That's a great question.  I wondered the same thing. 

I always thought that Brianna from New Jersey was the perfect hybrid of Love Story's Ali McGraw and a young Brooke Shields a la Blue Lagoon days. And TCC Madeline was a young Tatum O'Neill look-a-like. One, am I crazy and 2. Am I stuck on the 80"s much??

• Love 1

What is the reasoning behind this only taking 36 girls now? They have had 39 and 40 in the past. If Kelli was struggling cutting people, she should have just taken 40.

54 minutes ago, J-R said:

I took it that she is hoping not for playoff games. 

I think she's hoping for play off games as well...BUT that being said, I'm betting she will be an All Star! :) 

Just now, DBAAT said:

What is the reasoning behind this only taking 36 girls now? They have had 39 and 40 in the past. If Kelli was struggling cutting people, she should have just taken 40.

Budget confinements....Shelly B addressed it in another thread that 36 is a hard number now.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Budget confinements....Shelly B addressed it in another thread that 36 is a hard number now.  

Thank you. I haven't consistently been reading this, so I must have missed it. Would seem like the Cowboys wouldn't  have budget issues though.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Thank you. I haven't consistently been reading this, so I must have missed it. Would seem like the Cowboys wouldn't  have budget issues though.

you would think....someone stated a bit ago that the team is worth 4.2 billion I think...you would think a few extra cheerleaders wouldn't break the bank :) 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

There's no way she's 52.

3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Dayton honestly lucked out not making the team, she looks like she's probably way happier than she would be on the squad but that's just me

I really do want her to be on the team though.

12 minutes ago, Kayce said:

you would think....someone stated a bit ago that the team is worth 4.2 billion I think...you would think a few extra cheerleaders wouldn't break the bank :) 

Sure, but they clearly place other things above the DCC. Definitely isn't their top priority.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Dayton’s butt is amazing. I can’t stop staring. In a non creepy way. There’s like not a drop of cellulite. And she’s fit not emaciatedly skinny. If I looked like that in a bikini, I’d wear one every day. ?

It is, but I do wonder what K&J would think about that photo if she was a DCC/still in TC.  I know many of the calendar shots are worse, but that’s the DCC  releasing those, not on a person’s individual social media.

I also wonder how it would be perceived if VK posted a photo like that ;). 

Dayton’s body does look great though.

• Love 3

This is interesting. It's from the Marcea Lane bonus scene. She is in the office giving out her stickers & her opinion on the dancers. Anyway, it looks like Tara, Malena, Victoria (who got a Marcea sticker), & Ashlee are off to the side as the potential final four cuts. So what happened that Ashlee & Lily switched places? (It appears that those 4 were already off to the side; that Marcea didn't put them there.)

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dbxw8j/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-marcea-lane-challenges-the-dcc

Screenshot_2018-10-16-10-29-09.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

This is interesting. It's from the Marcea Lane bonus scene. She is in the office giving out her stickers & her opinion on the dancers. Anyway, it looks like Tara, Malena, Victoria (who got a Marcea sticker), & Ashlee are off to the side as the potential final four cuts. So what happened that Ashlee & Lily switched places?

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dbxw8j/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-marcea-lane-challenges-the-dcc

I really like that style of dance she was teaching them - sassy/hot jazz w/ lots of strutting, accents and hair flips - I just love whatever you’d call that.   Like what you see in shows like Chicago.  Just like watching it so much more than lyrical and contemporary.   And if that lady was one of the dancers in Thriller that is way cool.

Gina looked really pretty in the scene.  So did VK, and she looked a lot thinner in the part where they showed her dancing - I wasn’t even sure it was her at first, but she looked great.

Malena is just so adorable - it’s got to be killing everyone that she can’t get the dances.   I’d have a really hard time cutting her and I’d almost be tempted to keep her anyways myself.

Crazy the GC thought Tara had bad technique - maybe she doesn’t like short legs, which Tara has, and would look bad in that style of dance.

Edited by MyFavShows
23 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It is, but I do wonder what K&J would think about that photo if she was a DCC/still in TC.  I know many of the calendar shots are worse, but that’s the DCC  releasing those, not on a person’s individual social media.

I also wonder how it would be perceived if VK posted a photo like that ;). 

Dayton’s body does look great though.

But she’s not a DCC and it doesn’t sound like she’s coming back any time soon, if at all. So it’s kind of a moot point. If Victoria is hell bent on coming back next year, she probably shouldn’t post a pic like that. 

Victoria would be ripped to shreds on these boards if she posted a photo like that because I think most people can’t stand her on here. 

• Love 1

Did I really hear VK say "I don't think I've sweated this much in a very long time"?

Malena:  You are beautiful but sorry, you should have been gone weeks ago.  Work on your memory issues and then re-audition.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

This is interesting. It's from the Marcea Lane bonus scene. She is in the office giving out her stickers & her opinion on the dancers. Anyway, it looks like Tara, Malena, Victoria (who got a Marcea sticker), & Ashlee are off to the side as the potential final four cuts. So what happened that Ashlee & Lily switched places?

Lily had 5 stickers, for her to get cut was either because she did or said something egregious at the end or they couldn't risk the squad being whitewashed. They brought in 3 African American woman to training camp---they cut Jasmine early, Malena was set to go and Ashlee would have been the last one. Technically they still had Gabbi and Cianna, but they were already short on non-white vets. 

• Love 5