Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, DBAAT said:

What is the reasoning behind this only taking 36 girls now? They have had 39 and 40 in the past. If Kelli was struggling cutting people, she should have just taken 40.

Shelly said a while back that this year Kellie was given 36 as a hard number.  But I forget why.  Just a new rule that is out of Kellie’s hands from what I understood

10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Posting a photo like that on a public social media account shows poor judgement for any young woman - and just cause your current employer doesn’t mind that you post something like that, doesn’t mean a future employer will feel the same.  I don’t know if Kelli is the fool here. 

Any future job Dayton will have will likely be in the dance world.  The dance world is very comfortable with skimpy clothing.  Not necessarily distasteful, just ok with next to nothing dancing.  She’ll be ok, her employers won’t care.

I’m also jelly of her booty!  If I had those leg and that butt, I’d show them to as many people as I could!  Amazing!!  Go Dayton!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Hmmm....Rachel, Briana, Cianna. All three very down to earth, genuine. I had been talking with Cianna for the past two and 1/2 years, trying to get her to audition. I’m glad she finally made it to Texas. 

I love this as Cianna has been by far my favorite rookie...may I ask how she ended up on your radar in the first place? I always thought her roots (Hawaii, Portland) set her apart from the other rookie candidates, and even though we heard her backstory on the show, I'm sure there's a lot more to her than meets the eye. She is a beautiful dancer and, in my opinion, has an absolutely stunning standout look.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

It reminds me of this shot....for the record both Dayton and Danielle have amazing bottoms ??

99986F0F-ECA7-46EF-8CFD-33B3841513C1.jpeg

There’s a big difference in the angle and what’s showing between those two photos.   IMO even if she had on tights or shorts, the angle of Dayton’s photo is really bad, and worse than Danielle’s.

Something about her face not being visible makes it more trashy too.   Almost like the album cover from that rap group “too live crew” in the 80...or was it the 90s.   Just real objectifying. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I had been talking with Cianna for the past two and 1/2 years, trying to get her to audition.

I'm so happy you did! I think she's absolutely wonderful!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She’s worked hard for that...just keeps getting better with all the dancing she’s doing now. 

My caption would be “buns out...where the hell is the sun?”

You are not even kidding. It’s been positively sloshy and gloomy. Too much rain!! I left Dallas for KC last year but was back in town over the weekend for a wedding...should have brought an ark. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Go check #rccltalent #rccl...there are way more questionable pics posted by the entertainers.

Eeek ... I don’t think I will then haha

I generally don’t like the DCC swim pics at all. The only pic I have liked is Holly P in front of the surfboard... girl looked strong and in charge - a whole different feel. The other pics usually look too much like playing coy and ... approval seeking (?) 

What is fine and dandy in the dance world is a bit different than what I usually see though. Dayton’s pic is a bit too much for me but I’m glad she has your support @ShellyB. You have to use it and work it when you have it, and that’s how you land jobs I guess - you’ve got to get noticed!

Dayton has worked hard for her amazing bum, and looks great, and can show it off however she likes....

but still, I will just avert my gaze for a moment haha

• Love 1

I don't particularly care about ass shots since they're all over my instagram anyways being that I'm almost 30. DCC swimsuit pics are more raunchy than Dayton's picture for sure. There's been some cute shots, like Danielle's is cute without being raunchy with just a hint of ass but the "oh look my bottoms might fall off" pictures turn me off

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Hmmm....Rachel, Briana, Cianna. All three very down to earth, genuine. I had been talking with Cianna for the past two and 1/2 years, trying to get her to audition. I’m glad she finally made it to Texas. 

I love Rachel.  She seems very unassuming.  Definitely has the training to not be an ambassador risk.  Her dream was to keep dancing, not necessarily be a DCC.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I think a simple beach photo is being analyzed & picked apart way too much. Yea, you can say the angle is unfortunate (I, myself, had to look for it after someone else mentioned it - I just looked at it & thought "wow, great buns" & didn't focus on the angle/what is/isn't showing, etc. & I'm sure Dayton & her friends didn't see it either), but beyond that, calling it objectifying because her face isn't showing, etc. is a bit of a stretch to me. It's just a photo from a fun day at the beach like millions of other teens & twenty-somethings post every day. Should she have posted it? I'm of the generation that thinks not everything needs to be posted on the internet, but I don't think any future employment opportunity is going to be jeopardized by it or other great scandal come of it (other than on this board). Now, if it becomes the major theme of her instagram (a la Kalyssa), I'll start to side eye her & wonder what she's thinking.

You’re not wrong, but everything is overanalyzed on this board. The most recent episode thread has pages of discussion about VK’s dress and Kashara’s 6 word response at an etiquette class. 

I guess I just don’t understand all the angst about Dayton vs. VK and how it’s spilling over into every discussion, which is absolutely what is happening in the Instagram discussion. Neither of them was ready to make the team this year and neither did. Dayton getting cut when she did allowed her to find another opportunity, so things worked out for the better. From the clips she appeared in the show, I found Dayton very likeable, so I’m happy with how things turned out for her. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, vivianspoetry said:

You’re not wrong, but everything is overanalyzed on this board. The most recent episode thread has pages of discussion about VK’s dress and Kashara’s 6 word response at an etiquette class. 

I guess I just don’t understand all the angst about Dayton vs. VK and how it’s spilling over into every discussion, which is absolutely what is happening in the Instagram discussion. Neither of them was ready to make the team this year and neither did. Dayton getting cut when she did allowed her to find another opportunity, so things worked out for the better. From the clips she appeared in the show, I found Dayton very likeable, so I’m happy with how things turned out for her. 

I lost any interest in Victoria after she gained 11 pounds in camp (what’s she going to do in the season?), completely failed media training (Kelli can’t trust her in front of any media) and, worse, ignored Jinelle, who is her supervisor (how does she treat other girls if treats Jinelle with such disdain?)

That she wasn’t shown the door then pretty much made me dislike her on the show (because her behavior warranted it) and Kelli (because any other girl would have been cut even earlier.)

I completely relish that Dayton getting cut led her to a much better job, an exciting adventure, and, a better future. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She was on South Beach...Miami. She was probably more clothed than anyone there. 

I'm sure she was. I was on South Beach last month and I felt practically Amish in my skinny jeans and t-shirt. Everyone was essentially nude.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I lost any interest in Victoria after she gained 11 pounds in camp (what’s she going to do in the season?), completely failed media training (Kelli can’t trust her in front of any media) and, worse, ignored Jinelle, who is her supervisor (how does she treat other girls if treats Jinelle with such disdain?)

Jinelle was Victoria's supervisor?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I keep looking at it and thinking, how does this situation actually arise during your average day at the beach? Is your friend looking up at you and suddenly struck by how great your butt looks, and feels compelled to photograph it? Or do you already suspect that it might be looking particularly fine today, so you ask your friend to take some nice, tasteful butt shots of you? How many eyerolls is this eliciting from random bystanders? So many questions. 

I wonder if it's some slight shade......we have VK pic with cake, and all the talk of weight issues on here. Perhaps this is a bit of kiss my beautiful a$$

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Jinelle was Victoria's supervisor?

In the sense that Jinelle is currently an employee who reports to Kelli, I assume she'd be considered the TC candidates' superior.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Her caption should have been "Kelli Kiss My Ass!!!!!!!!!  So proud of her for  making such an adult choice to go do something else other than to keep trying out for DCC.  Now she can be herself....post the pix she wants, wear what she wants, say what she wants and be herself instead of what TPTB tell her what to do 24/7/365.

My thoughts Exactly!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Both being legacies with strong ties to the DCC organization leads to a natural comparison. Being viewed as treated vastly differently, especially when one is doing things at every turn that would have gotten anyone else cut, but still there, & the other is seen as being cut too early by many, lends fuel to the fire. The amount of screen time VK is getting also doesn't help. If she had been more in the background like Dayton, I don't think she would have drawn near as much fire (at least initially). Who their mothers are really doesn't help either (Shelly tends to be well-liked here, Tina not so much).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm pretty sure the picture was old, like 2 years old

Wasn’t it her 17th birthday party? I thought that was why it was so childish. Part of the party theme?

51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

In the sense that Jinelle is currently an employee who reports to Kelli, I assume she'd be considered the TC candidates' superior.

Yes, Jinelle is staff who Kelli set up to work with Victoria.  She wasn’t helping her out  just as a friend. If she had been , Kelli wouldn’t have told Victoria to “treat this like a job.”

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Wasn’t it her 17th birthday party? I thought that was why it was so childish. Part of the party theme?

I think so, I'll have to go back and look on her instagram but I personally thought it was hilarious. If I had the chance to smash my face into cake, by all means I'd take it lol

• Love 3

I took a look at VK's FB page, and up until recently, she seemed to have had her weight at a manageable level. Her photos show a slender girl in good, physical shape. So why the issue now, in training camp? She mentioned that weight is going to be an issue for her; so I wonder if she's been a yoyo dieter for most of her teen years, or has weight only been a recent issue.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ShellyB said:

@ShellyB - How do you find these girls to recruit and who are some of them that have made it?

3 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I took a look at VK's FB page, and up until recently, she seemed to have had her weight at a manageable level. Her photos show a slender girl in good, physical shape. So why the issue now, in training camp? She mentioned that weight is going to be an issue for her; so I wonder if she's been a yoyo dieter for most of her teen years, or has weight only been a recent issue.

Gotten older, metabolism slowing down, probably eating bad after practice

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Both being legacies with strong ties to the DCC organization leads to a natural comparison. Being viewed as treated vastly differently, especially when one is doing things at every turn that would have gotten anyone else cut, but still there, & the other is seen as being cut too early by many, lends fuel to the fire. The amount of screen time VK is getting also doesn't help. If she had been more in the background like Dayton, I don't think she would have drawn near as much fire (at least initially). Who their mothers are really doesn't help either (Shelly tends to be well-liked here, Tina not so much).

I totally get the comparison due to the legacy thing. I made the same comparison myself. I guess I’m just tired of VK, not just on the show, but reading about it. Dayton posts a pic to Instagram, so we’ve then got to talk about a 2 year old VK Instagram post. I get why people dislike VK. I agree with almost all of the reasons. I finally dipped my toes into the spoiler thread because, based on the vitriol in all the episode threads, I just couldn’t wait to read about all the awful things VK had done as a DCC. I was absolutely flabbergasted to find out she didn’t make the team. I was stunned. I would’ve bet my life that she made the team over Dayton and everyone hated her for it.

I just can’t wait for her cut episode to air. I don’t mean to sound like I’m telling people what to post just to suit my desires. Everyone is free to post and everyone is free to ignore. But if Previously TV was a television show, then VK would have exponentially more airtime than on MTT.  

• Love 6

About the VK 17th birthday picture. 

If you look on Pinterest there is a trend of women having professional birthday pictures taken while smashing a cake. 

I recently went to a 30th birthday party. The woman displayed about 25 professional pictures of herself in bikinis and tutus and stilettos smashing cake and drinking liquor. She’s a beautiful woman, but...whatever. Weird generation. 

All that just to say I think VK was “on trend”. Doubt she really ate all that cake. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

I totally get the comparison due to the legacy thing. I made the same comparison myself. I guess I’m just tired of VK, not just on the show, but reading about it. Dayton posts a pic to Instagram, so we’ve then got to talk about a 2 year old VK Instagram post. I get why people dislike VK. I agree with almost all of the reasons. I finally dipped my toes into the spoiler thread because, based on the vitriol in all the episode threads, I just couldn’t wait to read about all the awful things VK had done as a DCC. I was absolutely flabbergasted to find out she didn’t make the team. I was stunned. I would’ve bet my life that she made the team over Dayton and everyone hated her for it.

I just can’t wait for her cut episode to air. I don’t mean to sound like I’m telling people what to post just to suit my desires. Everyone is free to post and everyone is free to ignore. But if Previously TV was a television show, then VK would have exponentially more airtime than on MTT.  

Yea, I get it (although I think VK's pic was posted/dissected before Dayton's. Then they had to be compared. ?).

I don't know how far you read back, but everyone was POSITIVE she had made the team until @johngalt (now gone) came on here & revealed she had been cut. There was a lot of disbelief and doubt & took a bit for everyone to believe him.

• Love 8

So, I only found this forum around the same time Dayton got cut, and I never went back and read what the prior topics being talked about were...

Being completely unbiased by what insiders had previously said, just by watching the first episodes, I thought Dayton was a better fit than VK. I was surprised Dayton got cut. Just based on the first few episodes I would have thought Dayton was going to make the team and VK wasnt...I honestly cant figure out why Dayton was cut. She has the dance skills, she is smart, and she is beautiful. It still doesnt make sense to me...

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

So, I only found this forum around the same time Dayton got cut, and I never went back and read what the prior topics being talked about were...

Being completely unbiased by what insiders had previously said, just by watching the first episodes, I thought Dayton was a better fit than VK. I was surprised Dayton got cut. Just based on the first few episodes I would have thought Dayton was going to make the team and VK wasnt...I honestly cant figure out why Dayton was cut. She has the dance skills, she is smart, and she is beautiful. It still doesnt make sense to me...

It seemed to be a problem with picking up the routines quickly enough. I think being in front of Kelli & Judy may have also played with her nerves & affected her performance, so that she didn't always have the pop and power they wanted.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Yea, I get it (although I think VK's pic was posted/dissected before Dayton's. Then they had to be compared. ?).

I don't know how far you read back, but everyone was POSITIVE she had made the team until @johngalt (now gone) came on here & revealed she had been cut. There was a lot of disbelief and doubt & took a bit for everyone to believe him.

There was also doubt and disbelief about what was being said regarding Victoria and auditions.  The attitude that things couldn't POSSIBLY have played out the way they were portrayed was prevalent . . . until the show started airing and things substantiated the rumors to a degree that, while it didn't entirely prove them, it proved enough that the rest was entirely possible if not probable.  There was, and still is, a lot of bias on both sides of the screen, but at least those of us here admit that we have a bias while Kelli is doing everything possible to AVOID admitting that she has a bias and failing miserably even if she hasn't said it out loud.

I know too many people who have absolutely NO problem cutting (or firing) someone if they're not a good fit.  They wouldn't have a problem saying goodbye to Victoria.  I know of far fewer people who would keep people like that and I know of only one person who's had smooth sailing and only because she's a manipulative person who has no problem stabbing people in the back and knows exactly how to manipulate both people and situations so that they're in her favor.  However, she's had years of practice to perfect it.  Victoria is nothing like this person (thank goodness), but does need to learn the fine art of public speaking, polish, control, and far too many other things.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, KoKo said:

Does anyone know of the song the girls were dancing to when they were showing their pom pom routine to the choreographer ?  I loved it !!  

TIA ! 

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I Shazamed it the other night because I liked it too. It's Sax by Fleur East. I've never heard of them

• Love 2
19 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

There’s a big difference in the angle and what’s showing between those two photos.   IMO even if she had on tights or shorts, the angle of Dayton’s photo is really bad, and worse than Danielle’s.

Something about her face not being visible makes it more trashy too.   Almost like the album cover from that rap group “too live crew” in the 80...or was it the 90s.   Just real objectifying. 

It’s undignified. And very much like a 2 Live Crew cover (you’re spot on). Sure she can do whatever she wants. She’s an adult. But I find it very unladylike and actually pretty gross. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

@ShellyB - How do you find these girls to recruit and who are some of them that have made it?

Cianna was at a prep class I taught. The other Shelly is our actual recruiter...specifically college dance and pom teams. Over the years, I’ve talked with quite a few girls during the audition process, that have made the team. I have either met them through the dance world or we have mutual acquaintances. 

• Love 13

I really do not understand what the problem is for K/J to cut girls.  It's extremely clear based on all of the feedback they are getting in regards to the stickers.

You need to cut 5 girls 

The first three that should be cut are Victoria (1 sticker), Ashlee (2 stickers) and Kristin (2 stickers) (they have the fewest stickers and their GLs did not pick them either)

Victoria is a no brainer based on weight gain, immaturity and lack of stickers from K/J

I like Ashlee, I'm not sure why she has so few stickers, but she's apparently not a "stand out" enough to be picked for 36. So I'm not sure why she was selected for the team with only 2 stickers.

I like Kristin, but I'm okay with her cut as I think she could use another year to "spruce" up her performance. (stop looking at the ground, and perform up to the cheap seats). No stickers from K/J

That leaves 2 and the lowest remaining sticker count are vets Tara and Rachel with 3 stickers each (again no vote from GL but Lacey did have the largest group with 12).

I loved Tara, but KF didn’t pick her for top 36 and her group leader didn’t pick her either, which justifies her “cut” to me.

I’m going to assume that Veteran Rachel was “saved” from being cut by Malena’s risky memory/performance mistakes and the fact that 2 of her 3 stickers are from K/J.

I am curious to see why Lily who had 5 stickers was cut instead of Ashlee (interestingly both have stickers from Kelly but not from Judy)

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I really do not understand what the problem is for K/J to cut girls.  It's extremely clear based on all of the feedback they are getting in regards to the stickers.

You need to cut 5 girls 

The first three that should be cut are Victoria (1 sticker), Ashlee (2 stickers) and Kristin (2 stickers) (they have the fewest stickers and their GLs did not pick them either)

Victoria is a no brainer based on weight gain, immaturity and lack of stickers from K/J

I like Ashlee, I'm not sure why she has so few stickers, but she's apparently not a "stand out" enough to be picked for 36. So I'm not sure why she was selected for the team with only 2 stickers.

I like Kristin, but I'm okay with her cut as I think she could use another year to "spruce" up her performance. (stop looking at the ground, and perform up to the cheap seats). No stickers from K/J

That leaves 2 and the lowest remaining sticker count are vets Tara and Rachel with 3 stickers each (again no vote from GL but Lacey did have the largest group with 12).

I loved Tara, but KF didn’t pick her for top 36 and her group leader didn’t pick her either, which justifies her “cut” to me.

I’m going to assume that Veteran Rachel was “saved” from being cut by Malena’s risky memory/performance mistakes and the fact that 2 of her 3 stickers are from K/J.

I am curious to see why Lily who had 5 stickers was cut instead of Ashlee (interestingly both have stickers from Kelly but not from Judy)

For what it's worth, Madeline also has 3 stickers. Stickers alone---she should have been cut over Lily. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, LynneH said:

You need to cut 5 girls 

I actually thought stickers was a really good yet simple idea. I figured it was straight forward and would prevent too much overthinking. Keep the girls with the most stickers, cut the girls with the least stickers.

Oh well, so much for that. The final squad (according to the stickers) is right there staring K and J in the face...K keeps saying this whole process has been stressful, but she is fabricating everything. Stickerwise, the squad was picked right around the halfway point of training camp. This season was actually pretty easy. I think K has lost her mind.

SIDEBAR: It appears that K and J are grooming Jinelle to take over the roll of selecting the squad. I actually think it will be a good fit.

• Love 14

SIDEBAR: It appears that K and J are grooming Jinelle to take over the roll of selecting the squad. I actually think it will be a good fit.

I absolutely love Jinelle  -- have from her rookie season -- but what are you basing that on?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I absolutely love Jinelle  -- have from her rookie season -- but what are you basing that on?

possibly due to the fact that K&J asked her to help choose the cameo pics

1 hour ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I actually thought stickers was a really good yet simple idea. I figured it was straight forward and would prevent too much overthinking. Keep the girls with the most stickers, cut the girls with the least stickers.

Oh well, so much for that. The final squad (according to the stickers) is right there staring K and J in the face...K keeps saying this whole process has been stressful, but she is fabricating everything. Stickerwise, the squad was picked right around the halfway point of training camp. This season was actually pretty easy. I think K has lost her mind.

I don’t think Kelli is giving up picking the team until she retires. I do wish she delegated it more. She’s made mistakes the past few years, in my view. She’s not getting better at picking the team than she was 5 years ago.

i wonder how much they drew out cuts to just extend to 13 episodes.  Remember how  Kristin was cut and then not cut in an episode and then made it a few weeks longer? 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, viccib said:

possibly due to the fact that K&J asked her to help choose the cameo pics

I think she was just a second set of eyeballs, and someone who could help the girls with posing.  I hope she didn’t help choose the final photos.  They weren’t that great as we’ve discussed.  

• Love 7