Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone have videos of old vs new?

In the video posted above, the new section is around 1:11. Here’s a close up video, but it’s cuts off the first few counts. 

The old version starts around :32 here. 

I think it’s just those couple of 8 counts that changed. 

• Love 2

I don't like the new beginning of Thunderstruck. It's boring, but the changes only take up 4 sets of 8 counts and the rest of the routine is the same.  Regardless, I think the entire pre-game needs a big makeover!  Keep the main 3 elements for the cheerleaders being introduction of DCC the entrance, routine and kickline but give them an upgrade. This is my opinion and may be unpopular but I think they should cut out the football footage on the big screen during the DCC performance and only have the routine showing. Then after the girls leave the field and before all of the bells and whistles,  just the clips of football players, plays and historical milestones then follow with DCC,  Rowdy, flag guys players coaches.... but it is time to change the song and the entire routine.  I know that Thunderstruck mentions Texas but its been close to 10 years now and fans could use a upgrade to the whole thing!!!  Especially after the game this past Sunday.  

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Wow!!  And she's point!  How embarrassing!

well, their lines were awful last  year, they might not have been straight and therefore there's no hip for Keshara to rest her foot on.  yeah she should have the strength in the obliques and thigh to hold it there, but if you raise your leg expecting someone to be there and not be needing to take the weight of the leg, it's hard to recover. her lack of continuing to really try to get her foot onto the hip, suggests to me they weren't straight and there was nowhere for her leg to go.  could also have just been utter screw up

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

In the video posted above, the new section is around 1:11. Here’s a close up video, but it’s cuts off the first few counts. 

The old version starts around :32 here. 

I think it’s just those couple of 8 counts that changed. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, viccib said:

has anyone seen this?? notice anything with the kickline?? can just imagine K&J not being happy about it.

Watch Khalyn through this and understand why she isn't in the triangle or at point. She's a beauty but looks a beat behind and her facials are odd. She looks like she's marking the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

well, their lines were awful last  year, they might not have been straight and therefore there's no hip for Keshara to rest her foot on.  yeah she should have the strength in the obliques and thigh to hold it there, but if you raise your leg expecting someone to be there and not be needing to take the weight of the leg, it's hard to recover. her lack of continuing to really try to get her foot onto the hip, suggests to me they weren't straight and there was nowhere for her leg to go.  could also have just been utter screw up

Hard to hold your leg there when 1) there is no where to put it and 2) the line is moving with the dip. Stage looks slick so they might have moved a teeny bit not on purpose. 

Edited by UnicornKicks
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, UnicornKicks said:

Watch Khalyn through this and understand why she isn't in the triangle or at point. She's a beauty but looks a beat behind and her facials are odd. 

Hard to hold your leg there when 1) there is no where to put it and 2) the line is moving with the dip. Stage looks slick so they might have moved a teeny bit not on purpose. 

Wasn't meaning to imply it was on purpose, but practically every video that was put up of the sideline dances on the official DCC insta last year had lines all over the place. Sharp, straight lines seemed to be a thing of the past, and I remembered thinking that if those were the best videoes they had to choose from to put up on the insta, then damn some of those groups had to have been downright messy. 

In the kickline, it's not just reliant on you being in the right place, it's everyone to the left and right because you are, no matter what Judy says about how the arms should just rest on shoulders and not put pressure or direct etc, you are going to get pulled around by those around you, so if the girl four up from you in too far forward or back, she'll throw off everyone down the line, even just a little bit.  I think she did an okay job of blagging her way through but Im sure judy wasn't impressed if she saw/heard about it

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Hannah made it to finals in 2016.

I'm still in shock that Hannah didn't make it on her first try! Her FLEXIBILITY, svelte figure, and dance ability alone ... Which makes me more angry about VK.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm still in shock that Hannah didn't make it on her first try! Her FLEXIBILITY, svelte figure, and dance ability alone ... Which makes me more angry about VK.

But they took Emily who could not dance with a darn. They try to make everyone believe they take girls who have a good chance of making the team into TC, but they are picking girls who they know will probably end up being cut or makes a darn good story line.

Just now, AnDieT said:

I just rewatched MTT S12E04 where TK was a guest and she called Tasha and Stephanie out on weight. I was just WTF?! Not that the others didn't agree, but now, don't you see it on your own daughter?! And it's much worse than on those two...

I remember!  This season gets more f'ed up and cray cray by the day.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I don't like the new beginning of Thunderstruck. It's boring, but the changes only take up 4 sets of 8 counts and the rest of the routine is the same.  Regardless, I think the entire pre-game needs a big makeover!  Keep the main 3 elements for the cheerleaders being introduction of DCC the entrance, routine and kickline but give them an upgrade. This is my opinion and may be unpopular but I think they should cut out the football footage on the big screen during the DCC performance and only have the routine showing. Then after the girls leave the field and before all of the bells and whistles,  just the clips of football players, plays and historical milestones then follow with DCC,  Rowdy, flag guys players coaches.... but it is time to change the song and the entire routine.  I know that Thunderstruck mentions Texas but its been close to 10 years now and fans could use a upgrade to the whole thing!!!  Especially after the game this past Sunday.  

Yeah that's not happening. I definitely don't think they ought t cut out the football footage because it pumps up the fans at the beginning of the game. I don't think most fans care as much about the cheerleaders and what they're doing as we do 

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, AnDieT said:

I just rewatched MTT S12E04 where TK was a guest and she called Tasha and Stephanie out on weight. I was just WTF?! Not that the others didn't agree, but now, don't you see it on your own daughter?! And it's much worse than on those two...

She probably does.   For all we know she was getting on VK about her weight every day.   Not sure we should assume TK is delusional and treats VK like a snowflake.

We really don’t have much to go on cause her footage has been limited to the OTT squeals/hugs this season (which I’ve thought was pretty cute and fun, btw), but the previous season footage of her giving feedback made her seem pretty blunt/tell it like it is, bordering on overcritical.   Often parents like that are honest w/ their kids as well - especially when they are vested in their success.   I just doubt she’s telling VK “oh honey - you’re totally skinny - I don’t know what those meanies are talking about” like some delusional parents can be.

• Love 1

Tina Kalina is one of the girls' biggest nightmares.  She shares her opinions on everything and, if she doesn't like you, Kelli will soon not like you.  If they want to succeed there, they have to kiss her (not insubstantial) ass.  It's one of the reasons VK was able to run roughshod over the rest of the girls in TC -- she knew they couldn't do anything about it without fear of coming under fire from TK.

Edited by SmpIsimon
fixed typos
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina Kalina is one of the girls' biggest nightmares.  She shares her opinions on everything and, if she doesn't like you, Kelli will soon not like you.  If they want to succeed there, they have to kiss her (not insubstantial) ass.  It's one of the reasons VK run roughshod over the rest of the girls in TC -- she knew they couldn't do anything about tit without fear of coming under fire from TK.

This just makes my blood boil. Why, why, why does this alumni from decades ago who has no formal role with the organization anymore have so much power? If it is just because of her relationship with Kelli, then I'm going on record even more strongly that Kelli is no longer able to do her job effectively. She needs to go.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

This just makes my blood boil. Why, why, why does this alumni from decades ago who has no formal role with the organization anymore have so much power? If it is just because of her relationship with Kelli, then I'm going on record even more strongly that Kelli is no longer able to do her job effectively. She needs to go.

I second that.

• Love 4
On 9/23/2018 at 4:53 PM, bigskygirl said:

Poor Courtney. She was told to lose weight so she would be around the same weight as girls her height. That is one of my many pet peeves Kelli seems to enforce. Does she not realize girls of the same height be different sizes and still look darn good in the uniform and the swimwear during the calendar shoot.

I thought Courtney was absolutely precious!!  I distinctly remember Kelli telling her that they almost cut her and Kitty being on her ass for not having the "DCC style" !! smdh

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I thought Courtney was absolutely precious!!  I distinctly remember Kelli telling her that they almost cut her and Kitty being on her ass for not having the "DCC style" !! smdh

Big deal - NIcole H didn't have the DCC style when she first started and look at her!  

The fact that both Kelli and Hannah had to audition multiple times before making the squad and, yet, both made show group AS ROOKIES tells you that this audition process is not very effective at finding talent.

Well, who didn't make it this year thru auditions cause all the attention was on VK?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina Kalina is one of the girls' biggest nightmares.  She shares her opinions on everything and, if she doesn't like you, Kelli will soon not like you.  If they want to succeed there, they have to kiss her (not insubstantial) ass.  It's one of the reasons VK run roughshod over the rest of the girls in TC -- she knew they couldn't do anything about tit without fear of coming under fire from TK.

Ok actually had this convo this weekend with somebody who has seen the wrath of Tina and they said the SAME EXACT THING. Kitty is a better option than Tina, bc at least Kitty gets up and tells you what to change, where Tina looks at you like a piece of meat and talks to Kelli like you're not even there. Like how you'd talk about picking a dog at the shelter. If Tina comes and you don't bow down, she automatically starts talking smack.

Also heard they don't really like Jenn K bc she's so serious about staying with the org at least part time, that she has zero warmth and is all business. 

21 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY, CMT just chooses to air more of it this year. They're getting bored and need to vamp up some story lines. 

The fact that both Kelli and Hannah had to audition multiple times before making the squad and, yet, both made show group AS ROOKIES tells you that this audition process is not very effective at finding talent.

No idea about Kelli but I did hear they thought Hannah came off a little rough and they already had a couple red heads, so the YES/NO/MAYBE sent her packing. Personally I think she's a show stopper and better all around than other recent red heads.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ok actually had this convo this weekend with somebody who has seen the wrath of Tina and they said the SAME EXACT THING. Kitty is a better option than Tina, bc at least Kitty gets up and tells you what to change, where Tina looks at you like a piece of meat and talks to Kelli like you're not even there. Like how you'd talk about picking a dog at the shelter. If Tina comes and you don't bow down, she automatically starts talking smack.

Also heard they don't really like Jenn K bc she's so serious about staying with the org at least part time, that she has zero warmth and is all business. 

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY, CMT just chooses to air more of it this year. They're getting bored and need to vamp up some story lines. 

No idea about Kelli but I did hear they thought Hannah came off a little rough and they already had a couple red heads, so the YES/NO/MAYBE sent her packing. Personally I think she's a show stopper and better all around than other recent red heads.

Kelli and Tina don't like Jenn K??  Probably cause she doesn't stoop to their level and she doesn't kiss a**.

If CMT wants to vamp up the story, can't they do it without the show turning into "RHOD who miss their glory days of DCC"?

Getting tired of too many redheads, too many blondes, not enough of this - what about a squad of 36 great dancers who look good in the uniform, are intelligent, articulate and can be ambassadors for the organization regardless of race, color of hair, etc.  And how many girls in the past came off rough at auditions but became multi year vets?

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli and Tina don't like Jenn K??  Probably cause she doesn't stoop to their level and she doesn't kiss a**.

If CMT wants to vamp up the story, can't they do it without the show turning into "RHOD who miss their glory days of DCC"?

Getting tired of too many redheads, too many blondes, not enough of this - what about a squad of 36 great dancers who look good in the uniform, are intelligent, articulate and can be ambassadors for the organization regardless of race, color of hair, etc.  And how many girls in the past came off rough at auditions but became multi year vets?

I think she meant that, just as the girls don't like TK, they also aren't fond of Jenn K.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

no sorry girls dont like JennK as much as Michelle or Denise, etc.

Oh one last thing - Brandi Redmond can't be on MTT while she is under contract with Bravo for RHWOD.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I personally think their looks kept them out, just as girls who are weak dancers but look a certain way cruise in. It's a shame.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I personally think their looks kept them out, just as girls who are weak dancers but look a certain way cruise in. It's a shame.

This is going to sound harsh, and I apologize, but if looks are keeping folks out, Jinelle and Madeline should have never made it -- yet both made TC the very first time they auditioned.  

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

no sorry girls dont like JennK as much as Michelle or Denise, etc.

Oh one last thing - Brandi Redmond can't be on MTT while she is under contract with Bravo for RHWOD.

No I meant Kelli and Tina acting like RHOD.  That's too bad about Jenn K.  But I guess it's true about everyone - some like, some don't

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

No I meant Kelli and Tina acting like RHOD.  That's too bad about Jenn K.  But I guess it's true about everyone - some like, some don't

People ask why Brandi can't replace Melissa R, and the contract with Bravo is why. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

This is going to sound harsh, and I apologize, but if looks are keeping folks out, Jinelle and Madeline should have never made it -- yet both made TC the very first time they auditioned.  

I take Jinelle and Madeline over Victoria any day of the week.

Edited by bigskygirl
22 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh Lord, me too!  Hell, I'd take a Jinelle turd over VK.

And I find it a little ironic when Tina made the comment about Chandler. I knew Chandler was probably brought to TC so they would have someone to cut, and she was not going to make the team, but I felt like saying Tina should take a long hard look in the mirror before judging Chandler. And sorry for sounding mean and a little harsh, but I think Tina looks like an over the age madam past her prime.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And sorry for sounding mean and a little harsh, but I think Tina looks like an over the age madam past her prime.

I nearly spit my water out!  Best line of the day!!  LMAO!

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And I find it a little ironic when Tina made the comment about Chandler. I knew Chandler was probably brought to TC so they would have someone to cut, and she was not going to make the team, but I felt like saying Tina should take a long hard look in the mirror before judging Chandler. And sorry for sounding mean and a little harsh, but I think Tina looks like an over the age madam past her prime.

Yes, I remember watching that episode and thinking "why the hell is she asking this old fat lady's opinion for?"  And what she said about Chandler was just super mean.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, I remember watching that episode and thinking "why the hell is she asking this old fat lady's opinion for?"  And what she said about Chandler was just super mean.

They were just as mean about Amy ... as for Chandler ... watching the cameo episode ... I knew they were heading towards a cut and then with the field entry she could not get it ... 

23 minutes ago, lah715 said:

They were just as mean about Amy ... as for Chandler ... watching the cameo episode ... I knew they were heading towards a cut and then with the field entry she could not get it ... 

Amy from Season 7 cut? Don't get me started on that. It still pisses me off what they did to her. GRRR!!!

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Amy from Season 7 cut? Don't get me started on that. It still pisses me off what they did to her. GRRR!!!

Interesting, what was it about that in particular that bothered you about that one?  DM if you're more comfortable.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Interesting, what was it about that in particular that bothered you about that one?  DM if you're more comfortable.

Amy Caroline was cut because her behind did not look good in the uniform. She was in Urgent Care the day before cameo photo day because she was sick due to trying to lose weight to fit in the uniform. Her cut scene was heavily edited to make her look spacy because they had her just saying yes ma'am over and over again. She said more than yes ma'am, and there was more to the scene that we saw on the show. Her sister came on Facebook not to long after the scene was shown. Judy, and especially CMT and Kelli should have been ashamed of themselves to let this type of scene be aired in the first place. It is nothing but drama, ratings and money for Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. And I applaud her sister for telling the real truth. Amy is better off without the precious DCC Organization.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Amy Caroline was cut because her behind did not look good in the uniform. She was in Urgent Care the day before cameo photo day because she was sick due to trying to lose weight to fit in the uniform. Her cut scene was heavily edited to make her look spacy because they had her just saying yes ma'am over and over again. She said more than yes ma'am, and there was more to the scene that we saw on the show. Her sister came on Facebook not to long after the scene was shown. Judy, and especially CMT and Kelli should have been ashamed of themselves to let this type of scene be aired in the first place. It is nothing but drama, ratings and money for Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. And I applaud her sister for telling the real truth. Amy is better off without the precious DCC Organization.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was "auto Amy" you were talking about.  Yes, I agree that's awful!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

There's a movie from the 80s with Lucille Ball playing a homeless person -- that's who Kitty reminds me of.

The other day I was telling someone I missed those great old made for TV movies from the 70s-80's.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

There's a movie from the 80s with Lucille Ball playing a homeless person -- that's who Kitty reminds me of.

I usually enjoy the Miss Kitty scenes, but the last episode left a bad taste in my mouth. Too bad they could not get Clinton and Stacey from What Not to Wear to do makeovers for Miss Kitty, Kelli and Melissa the Mentor. It would be a hoot to watch.

On 9/24/2018 at 12:50 PM, Hillary Humphrey said:

I'm new to this and don't know if this was mentioned before but do y'all remember when TK was a guest at practice several years ago and she made a nasty comment about one of the TCCs?  She said something like "she looks like someone's grandmother."  The TCC was cut later after field practice and I don't think she tried out again.  If you know her name, please just use initials.  When TK said that, Kelli laughed it off as TK says whatever she thinks.  But, I thought it was horribly mean.  At the time, I wondered if she had a daughter and whether it would come full

chandler. cant remember her last name....what was it? i liked her.

Edited by ladybug525