Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Hillary Humphrey said:

I'm new to this and don't know if this was mentioned before but do y'all remember when TK was a guest at practice several years ago and she made a nasty comment about one of the TCCs?  She said something like "she looks like someone's grandmother."  The TCC was cut later after field practice and I don't think she tried out again.  If you know her name, please just use initials.  When TK said that, Kelli laughed it off as TK says whatever she thinks.  But, I thought it was horribly mean.  At the time, I wondered if she had a daughter and whether it would come full circle.  

I don't think Tina would like someone saying her daughter has horse teeth.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't think Tina would like someone saying her daughter has horse teeth.

Hey Tina!  Your daughter has horse teeth.  

Just thought I would share.  I am a giver that way and I just say what I think.  

• Love 23
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was "auto Amy" you were talking about.  Yes, I agree that's awful!

Now that you mention Auto Amy, her cut was BRUTAL!! :( I hated to see her go. 

3 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Hey Tina!  Your daughter has horse teeth.  

Just thought I would share.  I am a giver that way and I just say what I think.  

BURN!!! Lol

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, I remember watching that episode and thinking "why the hell is she asking this old fat lady's opinion for?"  And what she said about Chandler was just super mean.

Fat? I don't see it. She looks like a perfectly healthy weight to me. And old? I guess that depends on your perspective. She and Shelly are in the same age bracket and I don't think they are old.

kalinabramhall.thumb.JPG.94788869b9cc3b2769aa8e55a6c6379f.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Healthy eating ya'll ... Not commenting, too easy.

“Learning these habits from the DCC make them more likely to go home and continue these healthy choices.”

Let’s be honest about what this actually is: a good PR opp for the Cowboys with a group of interest given current events and a fun time for the kids with visitors. I wish Alanna or Lacey would’ve been on this appearance. Would’ve made it a bit less eye roll. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Fat? I don't see it. She looks like a perfectly healthy weight to me. And old? I guess that depends on your perspective. She and Shelly are in the same age bracket and I don't think they are old.

They all 4 look really pretty in that picture.  

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

From that photo, I'd guess that Shelly is 40.  Tina looks 65.  And Tina has a major weight problem (she yo-yo diets like crazy).

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 2
On 9/17/2018 at 7:07 PM, Dccfanatic said:

I was getting ready to post the same thing. I can’t believe Kelli would co-sign these god-awful photos! They are shockingly horrific. I actually feel bad for the girls. I would be aghast if that was my photo for the entire year and had to sign it at events? It is not just that they look bad and old, but they don’t even look like themselves. They all look so witchy, too! And the heavy blush- what in the world??? Kelli and Judy have slipped up and can’t recover from this. I think someone needs to speak up and offer a re-do out of good faith. It seems like an April Fools Day prank. 

It looks like their eyes are heavy...like the false eyelashes are weighing their eyes down, which would explain why some girls have that wide eyed look - to overcompensate for the heavy eyelashes.  That’s what it looks like to me - it also may explain why some of them have one wonky eye.  

17 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The fact that both Kelli and Hannah had to audition multiple times before making the squad and, yet, both made show group AS ROOKIES tells you that this audition process is not very effective at finding talent.

I disagree. just because you auditioned before doesn't mean you're good enough in that moment. that's like saying someone that goes to the olympics but doesn't place and then goes back to the next olympics and wins should have won the first time. perhaps they were just stronger the  years the made it. people grow as performers, they improve, they also grow as people. it doesn't mean they didn't have the talent, just perhaps not the right stuff at the right moment. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

GASP such horror having a bra strap showing

I mean Tina looks like she's fake tanned way too much...Shelly has a nice natural tan so it makes her look youthful

agreed, I will never understand the horror some people have over a bra strap showing.  Oh good lord, someone fetch the smelling salts, a grown woman with breasts wears bra to support them! send the national guard.  its a garment. its a freaking strap. they will show. clothes move around, necklines get pulled around.  hell, sometimes I think it can even be sexy to have straps showing.  to each their own, but a bra strap showing in a photo is nothing.

• Love 12

I'm rewatching season 7 this week, and the finals, on the field bit had Kelli saying "I'm sick of talking to these girls about their weight.." And yet, she has set Victoria up to fail, by NOT talking to her about weight. The hint she gave her doesn't count. I'm saying this serious sit down needed to have happened at the beginning of training camp, like it has with other heavier rookies, or ladies who can't kick. Set up the expectation of weight loss from day 1. 

And in last week's episode, Kelli says several times "everybody has noticed it...." but....we never saw any of the evaluators commenting on it. I wonder who is the everybody, and were they telling Kelli they noticed, or were they just talking amongst themselves? To me, it sounds like she's overhearing people talk......

• Love 4
18 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina Kalina is one of the girls' biggest nightmares.  She shares her opinions on everything and, if she doesn't like you, Kelli will soon not like you.  If they want to succeed there, they have to kiss her (not insubstantial) ass.  It's one of the reasons VK was able to run roughshod over the rest of the girls in TC -- she knew they couldn't do anything about it without fear of coming under fire from TK.

All the more reason to get rid of Kelli. 

18 hours ago, AnDieT said:

You're probably right. My point was that VK never was really skinny and you obviously see the weight gain. So I would have expected TK to be on her right away to lose it or not gain it in the first place. Or even more drastic tell her to skip this year, get really fit for next years auditions.

She probably is all over VK and while people think they're being helpful, what they're actually doing is creating more issues. We have a friend, I use this term loosely, that is profoundly overweight. We took a trip with them and watching the interaction between her and her husband made us so uncomfortable, we cut the trip short. If she picked up anything he didn't deem healthy, he's say "You can't eat that." Or something to that regard. That night, after he went to bed, she binged on 3 loaves of bread and 3 lbs of deli meat. Like, devoured it. So all of the pressure TK has probably put on VK, is likely a reason why VK can't manage her diet. 

• Love 2

I hate to sound stereotypical here but i lived in texas for many years. I brought me a texan husband back with me when i came back home. texans, not all of them, but some are all about that comfort food/cooking. i think with v.k. maybe shes at rehearsal all night and comes home and her mind is racing and she cant sleep and she thinks maybe she will just grab whatever to eat to calm her nerves. i cant tell you how many times when i was upest my southern friends would cook for me so we could sit over some food and talk. my hubby is the same way. Im not a Victoria fan, as ive said before but at least with the weight issue i feel for her. her personality, i have no justifications for but being someone who fluctuates depending on my stress levels, i know how it can be sometimes. ive never gained 11 lbs in 5 or so weeks but some people are just genetically screwed. shes probably one of them. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ladybug525 said:

I hate to sound stereotypical here but i lived in texas for many years. I brought me a texan husband back with me when i came back home. texans, not all of them, but some are all about that comfort food/cooking. i think with v.k. maybe shes at rehearsal all night and comes home and her mind is racing and she cant sleep and she thinks maybe she will just grab whatever to eat to calm her nerves. i cant tell you how many times when i was upest my southern friends would cook for me so we could sit over some food and talk. my hubby is the same way. Im not a Victoria fan, as ive said before but at least with the weight issue i feel for her. her personality, i have no justifications for but being someone who fluctuates depending on my stress levels, i know how it can be sometimes. ive never gained 11 lbs in 5 or so weeks but some people are just genetically screwed. shes probably one of them. 

its not just Texas. the south is faaaar too good at testing my waistline with yummy foods. lots of frying, lots of large portions, lots of delicious flavour, and cooking can be a way of life.  feeling sick? food.  lost a job? food. broke up with partner? food. lost a loved one? food. BUT that said. she should take advantage of Jinelle and the nutrition team to meal prep, to take some responsibility for what she does and eats and ensure that if she knows she's going to eat when she gets home that theres healthy food prepped and ready.  I can't tell you how often I want to reach for comfort food. but I gain weight too easily. so i have carrot sticks or cucumber slices instead. lean chicken breast instead of fried chicken. you learn to retrian your tastebuds, you learn to want the healthy stuff. very few people work out enough to justify 'comfort' foods past midnight on a nearly daily basis. and even if you do workout all day everyday, you shouldn't eat that sort of food at that sort of time. you can't run away from a bad diet.   and if they were fudging that it was week 5 (and it appears they were) as camp started June 5 and this was around june 27th, she's gained that weight in not 8 weeks since auditions but more like 6. that's just extreemly unhealthy and behaviour that for her own wellbeing needs to be nipped in the bud

• Love 5

I finally got to watch last week's episode last night.  Where to begin?? ((Dayton)) that was heartbreaking.  I am even more proud of her for dusting herself off and leaving town for the cruise ship auditions right away.  It's not easy to pull yourself out of heartbreak, and quickly at that. She's a strong girl. Great job ShellyB! 

More and more I am loving Judi this season.  It's what she doesn't say.  She was practically hiding during Dayton's cut, then just watching her facial reactions during the other things. Unreal how Victoria gets a nutritionist and Kelli is told by Kitty that V should get some respect.  Where was Dayton's respect? Or Tara's for being a veteran? Watching Tara also bothered me--is this girl ok? She seems to have changed drastically in a short time.  The fact that she was smiling during all of that made me worry more about her, even though I know she is supposed to. It reminded me a bit of the throw back Kaitlyn Legrand episode. I know they cannot be the psychiatrist for all of these girls but how about a little sympathetic 'are you ok?' instead of being so mean.  Kaitlyn and Tara were not random people at auditions, they were veterans of the organization.  All of those syrupy talks they give about the Cowboys organization being a family is just words.  You don't treat people who've worked for you 1+ years for you like that. But Victoria gets a mentor.  SMH

• Love 12
1 minute ago, rl27rl said:

Uh . . . no . . . but yes, so worth it!  I got stuck in traffic getting home . . . best snack ever!

i'll admit, earlier in the year i was in an in-patient rehab for physio, everyone else had gone out for McDonalds which I've not had in something like 16is years (partially lifestyle choice, partially coeliac disease) and they came back with a milkshake for me because they'd checked it was gluten free and I was not strong enough, with it on my table and it being a really bad pain day to refuse it and man alive was it good. Not good enough to warrant it again, but ooh yeah did it hit the spot.  Did go for a long swim the next day to try and burn even a smiddge of it off, but it was too delicious and too tempting. if they'd not got me anything, I'd have been fine not having anything, but with it sitting there on my table, taunting me with it's deliciousness I was weak. weak I tell you!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

sitting there on my table, taunting me with it's deliciousness I was weak. weak I tell you!

I hear you!!  I do!!  They are good!  But in moderation . . . ish for others! Ha!

• Love 3
Just now, rl27rl said:

I hear you!!  I do!!  They are good!  But in moderation . . . ish for others! Ha!

I wish I was an 'in moderation' gal. I really do.  But I know I'm not so I just cut all that stuff out cold turkey.  its oddly easier for me never to have something than have a little and put the rest away for another day, or have a treat on one day and not want it like crazy the next. if i don't buy it and it's not he in house, I don't want it.  cutting out chocolate was super hard at first because I was eating a lot (FAR too much) and the first two weeks I wanted to crack, but after that, meh. I still love the smell of chocolate but don't have the urge to eat it.  it only really sucks at Christmas because I love the Roses and Quality Street Christmas tins, but I stick to toffee pennies and make do! plus literally nobody I know likes toffee pennies so they all end up giving me the ones from their tins so Christmas is a sugar blow out and then Im back on the straight and narrow the other 364 days of the year!

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Misscarlett said:

I finally got to watch last week's episode last night.  Where to begin?? ((Dayton)) that was heartbreaking.  I am even more proud of her for dusting herself off and leaving town for the cruise ship auditions right away.  It's not easy to pull yourself out of heartbreak, and quickly at that. She's a strong girl. Great job ShellyB! 

More and more I am loving Judi this season.  It's what she doesn't say.  She was practically hiding during Dayton's cut, then just watching her facial reactions during the other things. Unreal how Victoria gets a nutritionist and Kelli is told by Kitty that V should get some respect.  Where was Dayton's respect? Or Tara's for being a veteran? Watching Tara also bothered me--is this girl ok? She seems to have changed drastically in a short time.  The fact that she was smiling during all of that made me worry more about her, even though I know she is supposed to. It reminded me a bit of the throw back Kaitlyn Legrand episode. I know they cannot be the psychiatrist for all of these girls but how about a little sympathetic 'are you ok?' instead of being so mean.  Kaitlyn and Tara were not random people at auditions, they were veterans of the organization.  All of those syrupy talks they give about the Cowboys organization being a family is just words.  You don't treat people who've worked for you 1+ years for you like that. But Victoria gets a mentor.  SMH

They probably would not want a psychiatrist to work with the girls because the counselor would tell the girls there is more to life than being a DCC, and it is not worth the alleged honor and privilege to sign your life over in order to wear the uniform.

56 minutes ago, Misscarlett said:

Judy got Olivia S. cut in Season 6 because she told the judges Olivia was toxic because Olivia had the gall to stand up to Cassie during the calendar shoot. She is probably thinking what happened with Cassie and Olivia is mild compared to Victoria since Olivia's cut was not mentioned or shown on the show.

25 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They probably would not want a psychiatrist to work with the girls because the counselor would tell the girls there is more to life than being a DCC, and it is not worth the alleged honor and privilege to sign your life over in order to wear the uniform.

Lol - so true!   A psychologist would likely tell them all to run like hell and never look back the minute they started telling tales of how they’ve been told they are too fat and that their hair and face isn’t “camera ready” enough!   Lol!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

the south is faaaar too good at testing my waistline with yummy foods. lots of frying, lots of large portions, lots of delicious flavour, and cooking can be a way of life.  feeling sick? food.  lost a job? food. broke up with partner? food. lost a loved one? food.

Oh yummy you are so right.  The fastest way to get a baptist to church is have dinner on the grounds.  Mac and cheese, funeral potatoes, chicken and dumplings, genuine cream corn (picked from the field of course), smothered pork chops, chicken and dressing, deer sausage, the list just goes on and on.

• Love 4

My guess Tina looks gaunt because she crash diets, and probably has yo-yoed repeatedly over the years.  Since it's been acknowledged that she's battled her weight her entire life, I'm guessing she lost a lot recently, and that makes you face look drawn.      Also, if you look at the jeans Tina's wearing, they are very tiny, and combined with the drawn look, she looks like she dropped a lot of weight in a hurry.   She went too far down.          I think the weight loss is why her top seems to be too big too.     

Shelly and Dayton look so good in this picture.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

theres healthy food prepped and ready.  I can't tell you how often I want to reach for comfort food. but I gain weight too easily. so i have carrot sticks or cucumber slices instead. lean chicken breast instead of fried chicken. you learn to retrian your tastebuds, you learn to want the healthy stuff. very few people work out enough to justify 'comfort' foods past midnight on a nearly daily basis. and even if you do workout all day everyday, you shouldn't eat that sort of food at that sort of time. you can't run away from a bad diet.   and if they were fudging that it was week 5 (and it appears they were) as camp started June 5 and this was around june 27th, she's gained that weight in not 8 weeks since auditions but more like 6. that's just extreemly unhealthy and behaviour that for her own wellbeing needs to be nipped in the bud

some of your quote got cut off there and i didnt feel like fixing it lol. i completely agree with you on that @CaseyRe. i to am one that has to completely watch my weight or it gets away from me. some of that is medical and some is bad habits on occasion. i just know because of my weight struggles i am kind of starting to feel for v.k. on this issue. like i said i cant speak for her personality issues if everything thats been said shes done is true, and the insiders have been right on much thus far, so i believe she needs a lot of work on that but when it comes to the weight ive got compassion. i dont feel compassion for the lies shes told but i do know the feeling of being embarrassed over weight gain. i had to have a lupron depot shot for fibroid tumors and i blew up like the good year blimps brown haired cousin. and its been hard to get it back down. i do think it is incredibly stupid to be practically handed a healthy lifestyle coach and not utilize the help that jinelle could have, still could give her. if i had jinelles guidance best believe i would take her advices and run with them. so when it comes to v.ks bad decisions, thats toatally on her. but when it comes to strictly the weight issue, i do feel for her. if for her health than anything else. like her or not i dont want to see any 18 year old unhealthy. to me shes still a child (anyone under 25 is to my old behind lol) and i dont want to see anyone with health issues especially after dealing with so many crappy ones of my own. but at the end of the day she had people in her corner, multiple people at that, and she should have appreciated that more than she did. but take away all the other factors and i hope she can get herself at a good weight the healthy way. especially since shes known from day one the weight issue would be one she needs to stay on top of. 

• Love 1

just wanted to add im not saying shes at an unhealthy weight now, her bmi is fine im sure, and id take her body quick like over my chubby self lol. i just know the rapid weight gain is unhealthy and i dont want to see her do anything unhealthy to lose it. so while she is big in the dcc world, in the normal world she is fine. i just dont want anyone thinking im calling a young girl at a perfectly reasonable weight a lost cause fatty. lord knows i have no room to talk ???

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's how I feel about Kitty...especially since I constantly see her referred to as "Miss Kitty."  Sounds more like the owner of a brothel than a dance studio.

When I lived in Spokane, WA back in the 80s, I always used to hear ads on the radio for "Miss Kitty's Adult Emporium....located where Sprague meets the freeway." 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

“Learning these habits from the DCC make them more likely to go home and continue these healthy choices.”

Let’s be honest about what this actually is: a good PR opp for the Cowboys with a group of interest given current events and a fun time for the kids with visitors. I wish Alanna or Lacey would’ve been on this appearance. Would’ve made it a bit less eye roll. 

I was thinking that too ... Where was the demographic representation?

• Love 1
On 9/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, rose711 said:

My impression of Jinelle is that she’s kind, smart and supportive. She would want to do her best to help Victoria make the team. She’s an incredibly well respected veteran who they tried to convince not to retire. 

I cant see how having Jinelle in your support system would be a negative for anyone.  Maybe she never struggled with weight, but she’s struggled with other things in her life. 

My take away is that Victoria thought she would make it no mattter what, refused to take warnings seriously and didn’t think she needed to actually use any help she was offered.

Exactly, Jinelle was a gift that VK shat all over.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Donna S said:

Chandler Carlson.

She was cute but I have to admit when they did the cameos and her smile unfortunately was not DCC.  They should have tried another photo than the big grin like they did for Gina ... she a a joker smile and they did other photos and also for our girl Brennan 

• Love 6
On 9/23/2018 at 9:54 PM, JohnGalt said:

Tara was cut Thursday, Victoria Friday. That particular night at IHOP was just vets. And for the record, the two cuts were not related in any way, shape, or form. (Last part isn’t aimed at you TexasBorn, just making a general statement.)

Do you happen to know how each of these women did on the “yes/no/maybe” scale at finals? Just curious as to why a vet wasn’t given what kitty calls respect, and so far is shown not saying much in the office with the edits.  From what I heard, a lot was said by Tara, yet mostly they cut it off. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

From this picture, you can definitely see how much more slender VKs face was at auditions..and even then she had an "issue" with weight.

TK does look much older than her age though. Yikes.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

OMG! Poor Tina — what did she do to age herself so much?? She looks terrible for early 50s. 

Sun damage. You see it a lot with women of her generation... they just didn’t know how bad the sun was. I don’t think she looks terrible but definitely older than her age. Shelly is smokin! 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Exactly, Jinelle was a gift that VK shat all over.

i cant promise that the reason i think jinelle is such a good person to help v.k. is just because i love her so much but i think even if i didnt like jinelle that well i would still think she has valuable information about a healthy way of living. granted a lot of it is common well known sense, but i think v.k. has to recondition her whole lifestyle and i cant remember how jinelle put it but something along the lines of her brain has all this information she wanted to pass onto v.ks brain and i think she has more to share with Victoria than just mere weight loss. i know its difficult to train yourself to a whole new set of habits and id love jinelles assistance with making it not  just the weight loss itself but learning to live healthier. its really easy to say i will pass up a good creme brulee but when it comes down to it i am weak lol. its the mindset im missing. if jinelle could help v.k. with that kind of stuff, which i think she could, then v.k. really should have not looked that gift horse in the mouth. it might just come down to embarrassment with v.k. but if thats the case, and i think part of it is, she needs to ask herself should she just brush off the embarrassment of something a lot of those girls face, or is it worth it to lie and not take the help thats given and risk never becoming a dcc. i know what id do. shake it off and get my tail to work. but its easy to say that from a distance. i know shes under a lot of pressure and like many people said maybe she just needs a few years to get herself right and try again.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Amy from Season 7 cut? Don't get me started on that. It still pisses me off what they did to her. GRRR!!!

Can you post a picture of Amy from Season 7 again? I am trying to hard to remember what she looks like. 

On 9/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, bigskygirl said:

Whether she said thyroid condition or a rash spreading around on her behind cause her weight gain the fact is she lied about having a medical condition, seeing the Cowboys doctor which lead to her being cut. Kelli probably wanted her to stay the squad, but Charlotte probably had enough and said goodbye Victoria

Yep....I suspect Charlotte said something as well.

42 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Can you post a picture of Amy from Season 7 again? I am trying to hard to remember what she looks like. 

20180926_154531.jpg