Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

IF the rumors are true about VK ratting out others, like Brennan's supposed motivation, or Madeline's supposed attitude, that explains the odd session we saw with Brennan in the office last week and probably the preview we saw with Madeline in tears. It appears that Kelli (and Kitty in her remarks about girls having attitudes) are taking VK's ratting seriously enough that they're acting on it, at least to the point of confronting the girls. That bothers me more than making excuses for her dancing and the weight/nutritionist/doctor situation. Are they really taking her poison that seriously? If so, that's scary. It also makes me wonder how the squad morale is now, and whether we'll see an exodus after football season, or a lot of vets retiring at the end of the year. IF VK does try out again, and the vets who were planning to come back, and potential TCs, find out ahead of time, I wonder how many of them will either retire then (vets) or not try out, just to avoid the drama and toxicity.

In addition to squad morale, it's almost certain that Kelli's relationships with Judy and Shelly, both professional and personal, have been damaged. Combined with squad morale, I have to ask Kelli and Charlotte if this whole Kalina mess was really worth it in the long run.

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, allirish47 said:

IF the rumors are true about VK ratting out others, like Brennan's supposed motivation, or Madeline's supposed attitude, that explains the odd session we saw with Brennan in the office last week and probably the preview we saw with Madeline in tears. It appears that Kelli (and Kitty in her remarks about girls having attitudes) are taking VK's ratting seriously enough that they're acting on it, at least to the point of confronting the girls. That bothers me more than making excuses for her dancing and the weight/nutritionist/doctor situation. Are they really taking her poison that seriously? If so, that's scary. It also makes me wonder how the squad morale is now, and whether we'll see an exodus after football season, or a lot of vets retiring at the end of the year. IF VK does try out again, and the vets who were planning to come back, and potential TCs, find out ahead of time, I wonder how many of them will either retire then (vets) or not try out, just to avoid the drama and toxicity.

In addition to squad morale, it's almost certain that Kelli's relationships with Judy and Shelly, both professional and personal, have been damaged. Combined with squad morale, I have to ask Kelli and Charlotte if this whole Kalina mess was really worth it in the long run.

In the case of Judy, she has no room to talk about the Olivia incident and other reports of Cassie being a mean girl and getting away with it while she was on the team. This is what happens when you let your personal feelings, family and friendships get in the way. The show has turn into more of a drama situation than seeing who will or will not make the team. And lets not forget the heavy marketing of The Star, the Cowboys and the DCC Organizations.

21 minutes ago, allirish47 said:

Thank you SO MUCH.  I kept meaning to say something about this but you nailed it.  Those rumors, if true, does help explain the weird scenes on the last show.  I kept thinking during the Brennan’s meeting, “Are you seriously doubting Brennan’s commitment to DCC?”  When has she EVER done ANYTHING to make you doubt the sincerity of her motives?  EVER?

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Thank you SO MUCH.  I kept meaning to say something about this but you nailed it.  Those rumors, if true, does help explain the weird scenes on the last show.  I kept thinking during the Brennan’s meeting, “Are you seriously doubting Brennan’s commitment to DCC?”  When has she EVER done ANYTHING to make you doubt the sincerity of her motives?  EVER?

Yes, you can thank VK for that. I believe she was trying to get those two eliminated given that they were previously cut and she saw them as easy targets. Totally my opinion. 

• Love 14
On 9/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, karendlt said:

whaattt no way! :) make up/conturing, lighting, angles...it's all powerful stuff!

Regarding Lacey's nose job and overall appearance--

It definitely looks to me like she had her nose done.  In the older pictures her nose was a little longer and was angled a little bit toward the right side of her face.  The new nose is shorter straighter and just a tiny bit smaller. She's also had a really good haircut with shorter and lighter layers and highlights all around her face which really brightens her up. I also think she's using less liner on the top and just overall better make up. Like a lot of other girls who do multiple years her look is a little more sophisticated now than it was when she first started on the team.

Personally I think if a girl wants to get a nose job she should get a nose job. Certainly there is an aesthetic benefit to having a nose that you really like especially if you're in the public eye all the time. Also some people benefit from  a rhinoplasty by improving their breathing depending upon how their nose was structured or what sinus problems they might've had. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, you can thank VK for that. I believe she was trying to get those two eliminated given that they were previously cut and she saw them as easy targets. Totally my opinion. 

Certainly plausible once she saw that many rookies make show group and she wasn't one of them and knew there were many more to cut. And there is no amount of self denial that could blind her from her weight gain. They work in front of mirrors. I hope she wasn't nasty enough to spread rumors about the other candidates. I wish we could see the full meeting with Kitty and Nick. Who are the other girls that didn't place to them in the top 36?? Why give Dayton the axe? Also I think they were setting up a Tara cut then and there. Just giving her another chance for show. Girl just needs to fix her hair.

Edited by KTUCKER20
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Certainly plausible once she saw that many rookies make show group and she wasn't one of them and knew there were many more to cut. And there is no amount of self denial that could blind her from her weight gain. They work in front of mirrors. I hope she wasn't nasty enough to spread rumors about the other candidates. I wish we could see the full meeting with Kitty and Nick. Who are the other girls that didn't place to them in the top 36?? Why give Dayton the axe? Also I think they were setting up a Tara cut then and there. Just giving her another chance for show. Girl just needs to fix her hair.

Yup, Nick even says that's a quick fix. I didn't even see what was that bad about her hair. sure it was flat after many hours of dance and in dire need of an oil treatment but it was hardly Kitty standards of unbrushed orange

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I just hope Kelli and Charlotte realize that another season like this will devastate the brand. 

Doubtful. If anything catfights and drama will make the show more exciting. Off the field the general public and most CB fans just think they're hot girls who shake it, not some kind of global ambassador with classical technique. Most guys would just pick the hottest and who cares if they can do a triple. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Doubtful. If anything catfights and drama will make the show more exciting. Off the field the general public and most CB fans just think they're hot girls who shake it, not some kind of global ambassador with classical technique. Most guys would just pick the hottest and who cares if they can do a triple. 

Exactly! The ole male appeal comes a calling!

Just now, TexasBorn said:

I don't believe the thyroid rumor is true because I don't believe VK is bright enough to pull that shit off. Now her mom, maybe .... I can believe her mom coaching her to use that excuse/lie.

I definitely think Tina had a hand in it. She seems a little too desperate for her daughter to be a DCC.

So I watched the episode again today.  It drove me crazy.  Yes, Dayton and Malena were lost but we have seen worse when Morgan was trying out.  However, watching the girls at the elderly home I thought Dayton looked Great!  She didn’t seem lost or anything.  She performed and looked good!  Also, nick noticed her during the dancing and she does have some great moments.  Nick even said he didn’t think it should be her last night.  Kelli had something against Dayton, you could just see it through everything she said.  Starting back at auditions and even at uniform fittings saying she needed to win something.  She has just seemed cold towards her when Dayton was excited to be in uniform.  At least Dayton is on to bigger and better things!  Way to raise a graceful and classy young lady @ShellyB!  Please tell her good luck and enjoy the journey! 

When They call out Victoria they say her movements are so big that’s why she seems behind.  They still compliment her even when she is wrong, or they put it nicely.  Other candidates wouldn’t get it so nice, it would be your behind and need to get on beat.  Victoria has gained so much weight that her arms are big and her face is super puffy.  She has no curve to her body, and I’m not trying to sound mean.  I understand she is a young lady but this is what the team goes through every year.  Look at the remarks made about Liz Reuter having big arms and how they said she has puffy cheeks.  They made fun of Liz Reuters puffy cheeks I believeor it was the way kelly said it.  Yet, Victoria gets coddled about it.  Anybody else Kitty would have riped to shreds.  I mean look at Megan from Florida and the whole ”Thutt” thing.  I’m sorry Victoria did not look good during fittings and her lower half is big.  Even in recent dance videos posted she looks heavy.  Personally, I think she dances heavy too, just like Caila the year she was cut.  Victoria is not a light dancer, she is a heavy dancer and it looks off.    

I thought Brennan’s office visit was weird, but hearing VK was saying things I believe it.  It seems like VK is the toxic one and she will never have true friends on the team if she ever does make it.  It would be fake because you can’t trust her.  I’ve noticed on one of Victoria’s videos that Lacey commented saying she would have more free time to help her in a couple of weeks.  Wondering if Kelli is pushing her to help VK out.  I danced on a team in central Texas.  When you join a team they want you in shape and the girls can be very backstabbing.  So I’m not trying to attack this young girl, I’m trying to point out dance teams have rules for a reason and others haven’t been treated so kindly.  

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

I thought Brennan’s office visit was weird, but hearing VK was saying things I believe it.  It seems like VK is the toxic one and she will never have true friends on the team if she ever does make it.  It would be fake because you can’t trust her.  I’ve noticed on one of Victoria’s videos that Lacey commented saying she would have more free time to help her in a couple of weeks.  Wondering if Kelli is pushing her to help VK out. 

Wasn't Lacey her GL?  I think that would be why she's helping her.  In the earlier seasons, Kelli would tell a TCC that they need help and to find a veteran.  You never heard her say get with your GL.  

And how can a GL really work with a TCC when she "does no wrong?"

3 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

She is. Her eldest son does some acting and her youngest son I believe signed an athletic scholarship to somewhere.  VK was primed for DCC ALL of her life. But I cant stress enough that for the amount of time she has been dancing (since the age 2, years of prep classes, Jr DCC, Michelle K power classes, competitions which she actually never won, and on and on and on) THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOLKS. You cant make something out of nothing. She is not, never was, never will be a good dancer. She will always have issue with DCC weight requirements IF she ever is gifted by Kelli a year on the team. This was not meant to be her path in life. Tina has done her a disservice. She literally is living through VK which may have been the reason for the weight gain as a way to deal with her dominating, overbearing momma. Kelli did say she though there was some pressure at home.  

If it's true that Kelli and TK aren't talking, maybe it's because Kelli said that on the show.  Maybe Kelli did have a come to Jesus talk about Victoria and how Tina treats her.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

She is. Her eldest son does some acting and her youngest son I believe signed an athletic scholarship to somewhere.  VK was primed for DCC ALL of her life. But I cant stress enough that for the amount of time she has been dancing (since the age 2, years of prep classes, Jr DCC, Michelle K power classes, competitions which she actually never won, and on and on and on) THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOLKS. You cant make something out of nothing. She is not, never was, never will be a good dancer. She will always have issue with DCC weight requirements IF she ever is gifted by Kelli a year on the team. This was not meant to be her path in life. Tina has done her a disservice. She literally is living through VK which may have been the reason for the weight gain as a way to deal with her dominating, overbearing momma. Kelli did say she though there was some pressure at home.  I think the medical condition she has is anxiety driven and behavioral... overeating, night eating, binge eating. Tina allowed the DCC to give herself value and never did anything beyond 2 seasons accept have those kids. She never got it out of her system and has been a DCC studio rat ever since. She has projected this onto her daughter. 

Sad all around. They are not doing Victoria any favors.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:04 PM, MTTFan said:

I so disagree with this -- are you saying that only overweight people can counsel other overweight people?  

Exactly! This is also like saying that mental health counselors wouldn’t be the appropriate choice to counsel someone struggling with mental health problems if they’ve never experienced those problems themselves. 

Completely flawed logic. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

I’ve noticed on one of Victoria’s videos that Lacey commented saying she would have more free time to help her in a couple of weeks.  Wondering if Kelli is pushing her to help VK out. 

It looks like Victoria just wants to hang out with Lacey.  

laceyannaleaMy little angel?

victoriaakalina@laceyannalea my Barbie?when can we get together?

laceyannalea@victoriaakalina once I get through all the planning of my sisters wedding (2 more weeks?) I’ll be much more free yay!

It does look like she is planning on auditioning again.

mindy.gutierrezYou’ve been my absolute favorite on the show , please say you will try out again

victoriaakalina@mindy.gutierrez thank you so much! Yes 2019!!!?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Donna S said:

It looks like Victoria just wants to hang out with Lacey.  

laceyannaleaMy little angel?

victoriaakalina@laceyannalea my Barbie?when can we get together?

laceyannalea@victoriaakalina once I get through all the planning of my sisters wedding (2 more weeks?) I’ll be much more free yay!

It does look like she is planning on auditioning again.

mindy.gutierrezYou’ve been my absolute favorite on the show , please say you will try out again

victoriaakalina@mindy.gutierrez thank you so much! Yes 2019!!!?

This entire exchange makes me ? 

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

She is. Her eldest son does some acting and her youngest son I believe signed an athletic scholarship to somewhere.  VK was primed for DCC ALL of her life. But I cant stress enough that for the amount of time she has been dancing (since the age 2, years of prep classes, Jr DCC, Michelle K power classes, competitions which she actually never won, and on and on and on) THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOLKS. You cant make something out of nothing. She is not, never was, never will be a good dancer. She will always have issue with DCC weight requirements IF she ever is gifted by Kelli a year on the team. This was not meant to be her path in life. Tina has done her a disservice. She literally is living through VK which may have been the reason for the weight gain as a way to deal with her dominating, overbearing momma. Kelli did say she thought there was some pressure at home.  I think the medical condition she has is anxiety driven and behavioral... overeating, night eating, binge eating. Tina allowed the DCC to give herself value and never did anything beyond 2 seasons accept have those kids. She never got it out of her system and has been a DCC studio rat ever since. She has projected this onto her daughter. 

If true. So sad :(

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Donna S said:

I agree!  It is weird that an 18 year old would want to hang out with someone 4-5 years older, than someone her own age.

Mommy issues.

8 minutes ago, Donna S said:

I agree!  It is weird that an 18 year old would want to hang out with someone 4-5 years older, than someone her own age.

I know. The pic with Emily's husband. How old is Emily?

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Weirder that Lacey wants to hang with a immature teenager. 

IMO. Lacey seems like a big fake kiss ass who will do anything to please Kelli.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 1

The Dallas dance world and DCC world is so insulated. It's an oppressive and suffocating environment. I wonder how long all the Cali and NY girls like Gina, Molly, Brigette, Daphne, Savannah ... will last. Maggie left after 2 years. Alexandria (Boston) was like PEACE OUT! 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, allirish47 said:

I half-believe (and am heading towards mostly believing) these rumors.  I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria saw them as stiff competition, wanted them out of the way and thought that ratting them out for either outright lies or things that she saw and/or overheard would get two more girls out of the way.  I know, we've heard that Victoria was promised a spot, but what if she was worried that that promise wouldn't hold up with such a strong rookie class (especially with her weak performance to date and weight gain).  I suspect that a lot of the vets will probably leave because they don't want to have to watch their backs or deal with stab wounds and the potential rookies wouldn't want to deal with everything this year's rookie class had to deal with PLUS the additional worries of being stabbed in the back as well as being spied on.  I also don't doubt that Kelli's relationships with both Judy and Shelly are damaged as is her relationship with Tina.  She damaged three long-standing relationships because she didn't have the guts or the diplomacy to not only be straight up honest with everyone involved.

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I just hope Kelli and Charlotte realize that another season like this will devastate the brand. 

I suspect that another season like this one (and last year) will mean the end of the show.  Given that they pay attention to social media (and to this board), they certainly feel the backlash and see the negative PR, even if it isn't out in the larger world of reality television.

3 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Maybe Kelli was worried about Victoria's motives, but couldn't confront her about it (much like she couldn't confront Victoria about legacy status, getting in because of her connections and dance issues, so confronted Dayton) so transferred those concerns to Brennan?

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

She probably didn't worry about them until she realized they were strong competition for a spot on the team this year and wanted them out of the way, especially if she wasn't as secure in the promise of a spot on the squad as she had been previously

2 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Certainly plausible once she saw that many rookies make show group and she wasn't one of them and knew there were many more to cut. And there is no amount of self denial that could blind her from her weight gain. They work in front of mirrors. I hope she wasn't nasty enough to spread rumors about the other candidates. I wish we could see the full meeting with Kitty and Nick. Who are the other girls that didn't place to them in the top 36?? Why give Dayton the axe?

All the rookies likely wanted to be on show group, but only a few made it on.  I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria thought she was a lock for show group just as she thought she was a lock for the squad.  She already knew that she was was gaining weight, but was in denial about it.  She also probably didn't think she had to do anything about it (or do much) because she thought she was already on the squad.  Victoria got cocky and arrogant about her supposedly secure spot, didn't do the needed work to maintain her figure, fix her dancing or deal with her attitude and/or behavior.  

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I definitely think Tina had a hand in it. She seems a little too desperate for her daughter to be a DCC.

Oh, I don't doubt.  Tina seems like someone who can't let go of her glory days, primarily her years as a DCC when she was young, good-looking and popular.  She knows that she isn't that young anymore and certainly doesn't have the youthful good looks she once had.  I can't say much about her popularity among the Dallas set, but she seems desperate.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Maybe Kelli was worried about Victoria's motives

She should be. It’s the Victoria show and VK wanted everyone to know it. I’M HERE!!!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!! 

Uh, no. That is precisely the WRONG reason.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, VintageJ said:

I kept thinking during the Brennan’s meeting, “Are you seriously doubting Brennan’s commitment to DCC?”  

I think it's pretty well known that Brennan is by far my favorite (go Brennan!!!), so I expected to be super offended during that meeting.  Maybe I'm way off base, but I didn't take it as a bad conversation.  Kelli did mention the thing about doing it for herself as opposed to doing it for the good of the DCC (the horror!!!), but then she said something like "But you don't seem like the selfish type", so I took it as a compliment.  The only thing I was offended about on Brennan's behalf was the thing Kelli said about her not really being noticed, because I thought Kelli did notice an improvement in her confidence, and therefore her performance, over last year.

55 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

IMO. Lacey seems like a big fake kiss ass who will do anything to please Kelli.

I doubt it, because if she were, she would have gotten point over the big fake kiss ass who did get it :)

6 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

I think Hannah is so pretty here! She is actually very photogenic despite her cameo pic. What is her story? Didnt she try out 3x like Brennan?

Brennan made it to TC 3 times (honestly I don't know if she tried out more times but had 3 years of TC), I don't think, IIRC, Hannah made it to finals before this year.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Amk2017 said:

@scorpio1031 I forget what group she was in but it’s interesting that Lacey is commenting now after VK has been cut.  I would think it wouldn’t be fair to get extra help from a group leader after your cut.  Than again maybe that does happen.  

Well I completely misunderstood the original quote.  I thought that the video was one of those behind the scenes things from the show.  I didn't realize it was Lacey on VK's Instagram.  And way to go VK, let's put Lacey on the spot where everyone can see your conversation.  If she doesn't help you, then people will want to know why.   Maybe they are just planning on hanging out, but VK needs to get help/advice from someone not on this year's squad.  She should go to Michelle K/Jenn K/Sarah G and tell them, "Hey, I want to try out again.  I need your help.  I need you to be honest with me.  I need you to kick my butt."  And then the best thing she can do is LISTEN to them.  Heck, Ashton would be great too.  We've seen the way she dealt with Taylor:)

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well I completely misunderstood the original quote.  I thought that the video was one of those behind the scenes things from the show.  I didn't realize it was Lacey on VK's Instagram.  And way to go VK, let's put Lacey on the spot where everyone can see your conversation.  If she doesn't help you, then people will want to know why.   Maybe they are just planning on hanging out, but VK needs to get help/advice from someone not on this year's squad.  She should go to Michelle K/Jenn K/Sarah G and tell them, "Hey, I want to try out again.  I need your help.  I need you to be honest with me.  I need you to kick my butt."  And then the best thing she can do is LISTEN to them.  Heck, Ashton would be great too.  We've seen the way she dealt with Taylor:)

Or head on over to Amy’s dance studio she owns 

• Love 1
Just now, KennyLynn said:

Or head on over to Amy’s dance studio she owns 

That's where Sarah G works.  But I still think that she shouldn't get any help from anyone on this year's squad.  She's burned bridges if all of this turns out to be true.  Sarah, Michelle and Jennifer are no nonsense, kick her butt kind of teachers

• Love 2

Jay once said “ we’ve never had anyone over 140 lbs.”

Well VK just proved him wrong.

Kelli, Judy, charlotte, Jay, and Kitty all looked past VK’s weight,

falling out of turn, etc.  No one would have been chosen for training camp with the same problems.

Anyone who is only 18 wearing an outfit to finals that covers her stomach is hiding weight.

I was excited to see Sunni Cranfill (West) update as she was one of my favorites.

I knew she had twin boys but didn’t know she had a daughter.

Her kids are adorable.

Edited by FLAfan
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

Jay once said “ we’ve never had anyone over 140 lbs.”

Well VK just proved him wrong.

Kelli, Judy, charlotte, Jay, and Kitty all looked past VK’s weight,

falling out of turn, etc.  No one would have been chosen for training camp with the same problems.

Anyone who is only 18 wearing an outfit to finals that covers her stomach is hiding weight.

I was excited to see Sunni Cranfill (West) update as she was one of my favorites.

I knew she had twin boys but didn’t know she had a daughter.

Her kids are adorable.

I re-watched season 3.  I forgot how Sunni looked when she got cut compared to auditions.  She looked sooooo tired/sick - like she hadn’t slept in days.  She worked so hard to build up her stamina to try out again.

I wonder if Jay did bring up her weight and got shut down like Judy did??  There had to have been scenes cut from deliberations. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

This explains the change in the beginning of the Thunderstruck routine. Jenna and Erica! 

Screenshot_2018-09-25-01-44-32.png

I'm surprised, given the choreographers of the new section, that they kept it and didn't ditch it out of pettiness! Then again I've never liked Thunderstruck at all so...I dislike the song and find the dance boring and not really fitting the song but that's just me

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

This explains the change in the beginning of the Thunderstruck routine. Jenna and Erica! 

Screenshot_2018-09-25-01-44-32.png

I actually prefer the new choreo as well. The section that they got rid of her was one one of my least favorite sections from the old version, though I am not the biggest fan of Thunderstruck either. Jenna also mentioned in those IG stories that she moved to Louisiana for work, so I guess it’s good that she wasn’t asked to be an All Star. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Weirder that Lacey wants to hang with a immature teenager. 

Or read it as "sure honey, in a couple weeks, I'd love to..." Two weeks later- "oh gosh, let me get back with you, I've got to be out of town for a few days...." 

Yup- could very well be a polite "yeah,  sure, never gonna waste my time"-- but I won't be rude and actually  say it out loud?

• Love 12
14 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't want to think that, but....yep, I'm there with you. When the bosses keep saying "We have to cut SEVEN more people!" some will look around for targets, and if they don't find them, will make them.