Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Wasn’t there a candidate who did exactly that a couple seasons ago - didn’t go to the Melissa sessions?

I wonder if they wanted to film VK’s sessions with Jinelle and maybe that had something to do with her blowing her off.  

She knew she could be filmed in almost any type of situation for the show, so it not a good excuse to blow off help.

I think it was Kyndall who said no to the one mentoring session because she did not want to end up being Melissa's pet project (or should I say she did not like the fact CMT wanted her to be Melissa's pet project because I seriously doubt Melissa picks the girls she wants to help.)

17 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Question:  Would anyone of us refuse a Christmas present because we didn't like or resent the wrapping paper -- knowing that the package had a better than good chance of containing the keys to the kingdom?

Well the keys to Jinelle's kingdom are not going to magically unlock the door to VK's because THEY DON'T HAVE THE SAME SHAPED LOCKS. 

Ok can't find the original post but I agree that why does VK "deserve" or just get these extra resources to make sure she can make weight etc.? Did any other strugglers get offered a nutritionist? What about vets like Tara or whoever who are already on the team? Why all this extra help for a TCC and not a current employee?

VK's weight is her own damn problem, and the DCC org owe's her NOTHING when she hadn't even made the team.

Also if they had offered her extra camera time with Jinelle, she would have JUMPED ON THAT. No way did she not want to be a project like Kendall or no want on camera.

I personally think VK thought she was already on the team and TK also blew off skinny mini Jinelle bc she knows VK does not have the same build or discipline as Jinelle, so waste of time. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Well the keys to Jinelle's kingdom are not going to magically unlock the door to VK's because THEY DON'T HAVE THE SAME SHAPED LOCKS. 

It was actually Kelli's kingdom lock because Queen Kelli wanted servant Jinelle to work with her kingdom friend's daughter Victoria. I also wonder if Jinelle really wanted to do it and just grin and bare it so to speak.

22 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Dayton’s memory issues when they made that group of them dance that combo by themselves and w/ no mirror totally convinced me that she needed cut.  She was clueless and was even trying to look to the side of her to figure out what to do.  That would be very risky for them to put someone like that on the squad.    It’s a way bigger problem that someone having bad technique or not being powerful.  A dancer not knowing the dance and trying to watch others is the worst in a live performance - it’s actually even worse than making mistakes as long as there is confidence and performance quality behind the mistakes.

Plus they had just run the dance in their bigger group where she had the mirror - so it’s not like it was a combo they hadn’t done for weeks - the first run should have been enough for her to remember the sequence.  I know Malena was messing up too, but she hasn’t had as much training and she still wasn’t trying to watch others as bad.

I know no one wants to hear this, but Dayton’s belly looked kind of puffy in that scene as well.  I know VK is worse, but it’s not like Dayton has washboard abs either...

I 100% agree with you on what you posted, and I am glad you had the honesty to say it. I have strayed from saying much because I feel that this board has turned into anit-VK/pro Dayton. Everyone here is bashing Victoria’s stomach, but I truly thought that Dayton’s looked big as well. Her stomach was puffy and hanging over the shorts as well. I also was shocked with how poorly she was not facing the mirror. She didn’t know the dance at all. As you said, it is way better to make mistakes than have your head turned the other way, unsure the whole time and several counts behind trying to play catch up. 

• Love 6

When Kelli called out Judy to Say Something, Kelli looked a little bully-ish to me. When Judy snapped back, “why don’t YOU say what YOU’RE thinking” I applauded.

I pictured (right or not) those two talking often about Judy likely screaming all through unfilmed practices, and Kelly wanting to awwww, then get frustrated herself with VK’S schtick-but awwww poor dear-then get pissed at VK’s asinine Mess again...and now she’s trying to get Judy to be a bad guy for the camera without the balls to get honest herself.

Kelli could have mentored VK re weight-how many years she was splitting outta the spanx? Just sayin...

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It was actually Kelli's kingdom lock because Queen Kelli wanted servant Jinelle to work with her kingdom friend's daughter Victoria. I also wonder if Jinelle really wanted to do it and just grin and bare it so to speak.

IMHO, Jinelle prob was thinking the whole time "I love this organization but who does this?" She prob was in shock from witnessing The KF loose her shit and ruin the rep of the DCC over an out of shape s****** dancer.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Let's face it, Jinelle was probably 'volun-told' to do it. She's an All-Star, has the 'ideal' DCC body int he eyes of TPTB (despite being seen as too thin at first) and lives a lifestyle not a diet, which is super important, esp if VK isn't lying/stretching the truth that she struggles with weight due to genetics (putting aside thyroidism entirely).  Just because she has a very petite frame and is slim doeesn't mean she can't have good information.  jinelle's own thoughts on the subject likely did not come into it at all.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bubbetv said:

When Kelli called out Judy to Say Something, Kelli looked a little bully-ish to me. When Judy snapped back, “why don’t YOU say what YOU’RE thinking” I applauded.

I pictured (right or not) those two talking often about Judy likely screaming all through unfilmed practices, and Kelly wanting to awwww, then get frustrated herself with VK’S schtick-but awwww poor dear-then get pissed at VK’s asinine Mess again...and now she’s trying to get Judy to be a bad guy for the camera without the balls to get honest herself.

Kelli could have mentored VK re weight-how many years she was splitting outta the spanx? Just sayin...

I was wondering about that scene. What did Judi mean by that?

2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Let's face it, Jinelle was probably 'volun-told' to do it. She's an All-Star, has the 'ideal' DCC body int he eyes of TPTB (despite being seen as too thin at first) and lives a lifestyle not a diet, which is super important, esp if VK isn't lying/stretching the truth that she struggles with weight due to genetics (putting aside thyroidism entirely).  Just because she has a very petite frame and is slim doeesn't mean she can't have good information

Well put.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

The "Keys of the Kingdom" was being handed a slot to become a DCC and not to reject someone handing you a box with the keys because you don't like the wrapping paper the box is in -- that's like cutting of your nose to spite your face..

For my money, VK was handed a gift and looked KF right in the mouth and handed it back to her and if she does try out again next year -- this is going to follow her right into TC and onto the team.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

was wondering about that scene. What did Judi mean by that?

I think Judy was thinking there was no way VK was going to get the weight off in the time frame needed, and even if she did she was unlikely to be able to keep it off during the season. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Not buying vk has a thyroid problem.  Waaaay too convenient.  And wouldn’t Kelli already know about this said problem? Sorry not buying it. Chic gained weight because she stuffed her mouth.

That’s why she lied about going to the doctor. She knew if she went to the doctor, he’d confirm that it was really just VK’s lack of control around food that lead her massive weight gain. 

1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I think Judy was thinking there was no way VK was going to get the weight off in the time frame needed, and even if she did she was unlikely to be able to keep it off during the season. 

Judy voiced concerns at prelims about VK and had her head bitten off. She’d learned her lesson. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Bubbetv said:

that's not quite what Judy said.  she said 'say what you're thinking'.  I think Judy is playing it super safe, she's not getting involved, in the 'if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all' approach. she knows which way the wind is blowing - Kelli and Charlotte want VK - so she keeps schtum but just because she's not saying anything doesn't mean she's not thinking it and her silence for me speaks volumes on what she thinks of VK

• Love 8

My impression of Jinelle is that she’s kind, smart and supportive. She would want to do her best to help Victoria make the team. She’s an incredibly well respected veteran who they tried to convince not to retire. 

I cant see how having Jinelle in your support system would be a negative for anyone.  Maybe she never struggled with weight, but she’s struggled with other things in her life. 

My take away is that Victoria thought she would make it no mattter what, refused to take warnings seriously and didn’t think she needed to actually use any help she was offered.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

I 100% agree with you on what you posted, and I am glad you had the honesty to say it. I have strayed from saying much because I feel that this board has turned into anit-VK/pro Dayton. Everyone here is bashing Victoria’s stomach, but I truly thought that Dayton’s looked big as well. Her stomach was puffy and hanging over the shorts as well. I also was shocked with how poorly she was not facing the mirror. She didn’t know the dance at all. As you said, it is way better to make mistakes than have your head turned the other way, unsure the whole time and several counts behind trying to play catch up. 

I am not bashing Victoria's stomach. In some ways, I think she looks healthy compared to what they expect a typical DCC to look like. My problem is the fact she said she had a thyroid condition leading to her weight gain , not wanting help from current and former DCCs, the excuses Kelli, Miss Kitty, and Charlotte made for her when other girls are being cut left and right for weight in the past, getting opportunities many of the girls would love to have when trying out for the team (Jinelle's help and having the opportunity to see a Cowboys doctor,) being told she automatically had a spot on the team, and running to Kelli and Judy ratting out the other girls.

If she really and truly had a medical condition why lie about seeing the Cowboys doctor in the first place. Once again, there have been at least one girl who struggled with her weight and was hypothyroid when she  tried out, and she made the team. I am sure Kelli, Charlotte and Judy would have been understanding if Victoria would have came in with a letter or note from her own doctor stating she had a possible thyroid condition or other medical condition leading to a weight gain, and she was on a treatment plan along with a workout and nutrition plan in order to make the team. She brought it on herself, and she has no one else but herself to blame for being cut.

3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

That’s why she lied about going to the doctor. She knew if she went to the doctor, he’d confirm that it was really just VK’s lack of control around food that lead her massive weight gain. 

Judy voiced concerns at prelims about VK and had her head bitten off. She’d learned her lesson. 

Judy used her nepo card ... It was Kelli's turn.

58 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Yeah and apparently Kelli was more desperate than Victoria was. Victoria is the one who should have been scrambling, not only to get into shape, but also to show her commitment by actively accepting and seeking every possible assistance.

I truly do not understand some of the reactions...as if talking to jinelle would have been some tremendously damaging experience. If she was ineffective, then ok, those are a few hours of life vk wouldn't get back. She could've thanked Jinelle, gotten in her car, and driven right to a nutritionist. It bothers me that people are reacting as if VK had no agency, as if the problem was that the DCC didn't offer the "right" resources. This was 100% Victoria's responsibility to take care of, not Kelli's job to find out the root cause and solution for Victoria's weight gain. Kelli is her potential employer, not her mother or her physician.

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Right on! Not enough likes on the planet for this post.

I bet if Kelli would have ask Tasha who struggled with her weight last year and came close to being cut for a bad interview and weight gain Victoria would have brushed her off too. Former and current DCCs offered to help Victoria out, but she refused the help. Do not blame them for Victoria's mistakes and weight gain (and yes her "enablers" Miss Kitty, Charlotte, Tina, Kelli and CMT need to take part of the blame also.)

For the record I agree with all of this. Except I was never blaming Jinelle. I simply said that she is not qualified to counsel someone about weight. I also said that I understand the emotions and shame that VK likely was feeling. Just read this board. Shame is a huge part of the obesity epidemic in the US.  Does that excuse VK from not seeking out proper resources? No. Do I think DCC is responsible for helping VK? No. Do I think VK should have sought out proper treatment before training camp? Yes. Do I think VK was being immature about the entire situation? Yes.

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That tells me either Kelli is clueless, or she was insulting VK by suggesting she eat right and turns into Jinelle. I agree with the idea that virgin somebody who actually struggled with weight issues would be better. At 18 I would’ve been dumb enough to blow off Jinelle, too.

I don’t agree because I feel Jinelle would be a fantastic help for any rookie. It’s also Jinelle’s job and you know she will give it her best. But you’re probably right that Victoria would have blown off any help so it’s irrelevant who was offering it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

For the record I agree with all of this. Except I was never blaming Jinelle. I simply said that she is not qualified to counsel someone about weight. I also said that I understand the emotions and shame that VK likely was feeling. Just read this board. Shame is a huge part of the obesity epidemic in the US.  Does that excuse VK from not seeking out proper resources? No. Do I think DCC is responsible for helping VK? No. Do I think VK should have sought out proper treatment before training camp? Yes. Do I think VK was being immature about the entire situation? Yes.

(Joking tone) Keep Jinelle out of this .... Taking a quote from the almighty TS "I would like to be taken out of this narrative." Lol!

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

This and the fact that she served up a great big helping of "my mom was a DCC, mom is BFF with Kelly and, therefore, I am entitled because I think I am the sh*t without having to show it or earn it attitude."

• Love 2
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

Jinelle could be Satan himself, but she had nothing to do with VK’s cut. That rests on VK’s shoulders. 

I agree with you there, my friend. No matter how effective setting her up with Jinelle could be, VK is responsible for VK and nobody else. 

Jinelle is just doing her job and she does it well. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jinelle is a major suck up and doing the job she's paid for. 

honest question here:  how is being a "major suck up" different than doing the job you are being paid for?

Edited by MTTFan
because
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Makes me wonder why Jay was not called in to work with Victoria.

Speculation here:  doesn't Jay work with toning etc whereas if VK said she had a medical problem that would be outside his expertise?

Just now, MTTFan said:

Speculation here:  doesn't Jay work with toning etc whereas if VK said she had a medical problem that would be outside his expertise?

I think Jay worked with Jordan Ketchum who was hypothyroid when she was called out for weight issues. Maybe he had Victoria's number if you catch what I am saying and did not want to work with her, or he tried to organize a time to work with her, and she did not show up.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Jay worked with Jordan Ketchum who was hypothyroid when she was called out for weight issues. Maybe he had Victoria's number if you catch what I am saying and did not want to work with her, or he tried to organize a time to work with her, and she did not show up.

I can see him not wanting to get involved in a cat fight.  :)

• Love 2
Just now, MTTFan said:

Everybody in the organization saw the train wreck that was the TK/VK shitshow. Trust me, nobody wanted to take on any involvement with VK — Jinelle included. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

Have to admit it would have been entertaining to see Kelli calling Jay into her office asking him how his work outs with Victoria were going, and him saying she did not show up for them. He did not seem to mind stating his views about Cassie coming back for her last year after her knee surgery.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Have to admit it would have been entertaining to see Kelli calling Jay into her office asking him how his work outs with Victoria were going, and him saying she did not show up for them. He did not seem to mind stating his views about Cassie coming back for her last year after her knee surgery.

That would have been a damn uncomfortable interview especially after he had to know how she shut other judges down when it came to VK's mistakes -- I would have paid money to see that edit.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

That would have been a damn uncomfortable interview especially after he had to know how she shut other judges down when it came to VK's mistakes -- I would have paid money to see that edit.

Also, VK was known to exaggerate/make up shit that she'd run back and tell Kelli and Judy.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

He would have called Scott the weatherman to meet him for a drink comparing notes for not saying Victoria deserves a spot on the team. Ha!

14 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Also, VK was known to exaggerate/make up shit that she'd run back and tell Kelli and Judy.

We have all experienced that one toxic "in with the boss" coworker who no one wants anything to do with. 

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Makes me wonder why Jay was not called in to work with Victoria.

The TCC get introduced to Jay for his segment, but then I wonder if his help would have to be paid by the TCC?  

If Jinelle is studying to be a nutritionist, and she is asked to help out, it would be free sessions for the DCC, along with giving Jinelle practice. 

This is the time for Dayton to have a gig like RCL!   She will have the best time & make new friends.

The last time I was as thin as Jinelle was in 3rd grade!  In high school I fluctuated between 109-115, looked great, and I still didn’t look like that!  Everyone is different.

Breyers Carb Smart “ice cream” is great for milkshakes with almond milk!  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She did, but she earned college credits in high school, as a lot of students do in Texas...probably all over the country. 

In my little corner of the world, this program is called Running Start for students who are already enrolled into either public or private high schools.  Among other things, high school students have to be either going into their junior year or already juniors/seniors in high school.  Home schooled students are another group.  I remember hearing that anyone younger than 16 who wanted to go to one of the local community colleges had to meet with leadership before they were even accepted to the school.  I expect the same happened at the 4-colleges.

5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Nothing wrong with community colleges. There are many very fine ones available that can springboard students to successful careers. The stigma surrounding them needs to GO.

I agree that the stigma around community colleges need to go.  My local community colleges are pretty darn good if I say so myself.  They not only have associations with the local trades through an apprenticeship program (for the aspiring plumbers, electricians, linemen, etc.), but they have programs for a variety of students.  In fact, the nursing program is good enough that at least one of the local 4-year schools says that the nursing students they get from the community college are BETTER trained and BETTER prepared (among other things) then students from several other 4-year colleges.  I've met students at the community colleges who are not only parents, but work full-time and go to school full-time (many of whom get 3.6 and above) in order to get their degrees and go on to 4-year colleges and students who were Running Start students who use the community colleges to either springboard to a good career or figure out exactly what they want to do.  I've heard of doctors, lawyers, and others who started out at the community college level and went on to those careers BECAUSE of their instructors, counselors and many others.  Community colleges are also a good way to figure out if going to college is the right thing to do or if going into the trades might be the better option.  It all depends on the student.  Sorry for the rant.

5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Sometimes it a financial and just makes sense to get basics out of the way at 1/3 of the cost. 

I totally agree with this, especially if people plan to go on to get their 4-year degree and beyond.  I would prefer a LOT more high school students go to community college and work on getting their general requirements out of the way without costing an arm and a leg.  There are some who just aren't ready to go to a 4-year school, especially one far away from home, family and the familiar.  I have had personal experience on both sides, both being that student and being involved with at least one student (a long, complicated story involving a college roommate at a 4-year college that I'm not willing to go into here).

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I still feel bad for Victoria a little because I truly think the environment is in caused a part of the problem. Too many enablers in her corner, and someone needs to sit down with her and explain how the real world is because sooner or later the day will come when her enablers will not help her out of a situation where her lies catch up to her.

This is a big reason why I think Victoria needs to get out on her own for a while.  I know it contradicts, in part, what I said above, but some people come from families where it's unhealthy to stay home for various reasons, including helicopter parents.  Victoria needs to get out on her own for at least a year, get a job, pay her own bills, do her own thing and then see where she's at mentally and physically, especially around the time auditions roll around to see if it's something she still wants to do.  She may find that other interests have taken over or other pursuits have more interest for her, maybe even she has a great career opportunity that would be lost if she moved back to re-audition.  Who knows?

1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

We have all experienced that one toxic "in with the boss" coworker who no one wants anything to do with. 

I also totally agree with this.  One person I know immediately sprang to mind when this was posted and I still dislike her with a passion to this day though others totally adore her (I can't see why, even though they know what she's said/done and refuse to believe it of her) and I can come up with several others as well.  

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jinelle is just doing her job and she does it well. 

I wonder if Jinelle is being positioned to take Mentor Melissa's place on the show?

As a former public school teacher, it has been my experience that kids develop maturity at a wide range of ages. All of Victoria's issues, when it comes down to it, have been a result of her immaturity. The folks in her life need to let her experience the consequences of her decisions. That is the only way she will mature. Where it gets ugly is when Kelli, TK, etc. forget the big picture (that VK is young and barring a tragedy has plenty of years to try to make the team) and only see the current issue - she has to make this team now, she just HAS to! That is on them, not VK. By making that such a big deal, they have increased the pressure instead of just letting things unfold in  a natural way.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Meanwhile VK is eating like a pig and bragging about it and, worst of all, talking shit to Kelli and Judy about how Brennan does not "really want it" and Madeline is a bitch (just learned about this last one).  I'm sorry, I do not see this girl as a victim at all -- she was doing all she could to knock out the competition instead of working on making herself be the best she could be.

In my heart, I knew that Kitty’s comment about Madeline would somehow be connected to VK.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

@ShellyB I completely agree that college isn’t for everyone... former high school teacher here. So many of my students wasted time going to colleges when they were better suited to a trade program where they’d learn a specific skill and make good money. I basically want my kids to be contributing members of society and to be able to pay their bills. Hopefully that means a good college, but if it doesn’t we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with someone postponing college to follow their dreams! If that’s being a DCC or a Rockette, or traveling around the world, go for it! You just have to have a plan.

Bingo!!!

• Love 17

I’m just going to leave this here for Kelli and Kitty to see what we are seeing each week.  This girl deserves better than being set up for failure and criticism because her mom and best friend want to continue to relive their glory DCC days through VK. She needs to be told the truth and get some help realizing there is more in the world than being a DCC. just my two cents worth. 

1ED65A75-1764-46B0-8C13-B22041A6A147.jpeg

One more for good measure. She is twice the size of Jaylyn. 

FF7CD492-079F-479B-8243-0CBCE7E4D5DD.jpeg

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

I’m just going to leave this here for Kelli and Kitty to see what we are seeing each week.  This girl deserves better than being set up for failure and criticism because her mom and best friend want to continue to relive their glory DCC days through VK. She needs to be told the truth and get some help realizing there is more in the world than being a DCC. just my two cents worth. 

1ED65A75-1764-46B0-8C13-B22041A6A147.jpeg

One more for good measure. She is twice the size of Jaylyn. 

FF7CD492-079F-479B-8243-0CBCE7E4D5DD.jpeg

And this is what Courtney R looked like at auditions when Kelli said she needed to lose (7?) pounds (I thought she looked perfect btw) 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

And this is what Courtney R looked like at auditions when Kelli said she needed to lose (7?) pounds (I thought she looked perfect btw) 

Poor Courtney. She was told to lose weight so she would be around the same weight as girls her height. That is one of my many pet peeves Kelli seems to enforce. Does she not realize girls of the same height be different sizes and still look darn good in the uniform and the swimwear during the calendar shoot.

Edited by bigskygirl

1. If you had genuinely been diagnosed with a thyroid condition, and you knew that your weight was part of your job, then wouldn't you disclose that before starting training camp (get everyone on the same page from the start)? 

2. Not sure why Jinelle's credentials are relevant? If your boss told you to spend time with Person X to improve in an area, then wouldn't you spend time with Person X, regardless of whether or not you think it will help you? After all, if you spend time with Person X and show Person X that you are doing everything expected of you, then Person X will likely report back positively to your boss.

• Love 9