Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

15 is a perfect, all 15 judges said yes on the yes/no/maybe. 

WOW! And she was cut?! This season is an even bigger trainwreck than last year.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, jlc said:

I think she got all 15 "Yes" votes last year, I don't think we were privy to that information this year (at least not yet that I know of).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jlc said:

A girl may be a hit with the judges, but it does not mean she deserves to be on the team. We have seen girls the judges like, and the girls turn out to lack dancing skills or lack having the total package. Victoria and Malena are the perfect example of girls who should not have made TC in the face place. And please do not get me wrong, I adore Malena, but the poor girl has been struggling since day one.

4 minutes ago, jlc said:

Yes, and she is beautiful, a seasoned vet having come from the NY Jets, and a good role model.

Kitty had it out for her last year - even with a score of 15.  Kitty got her way this year.  

Kitty is bad news.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I think she got all 15 "Yes" votes last year, I don't think we were privy to that information this year (at least not yet that I know of).

This is why I wish they would go back to the way they showed how the girls ranked in Season 4. They had the girls sitting the way the judges voted for them. It was nice to see the girls who did well, and the girls who barely made to TC.

1 hour ago, Isolabella said:

Has anyone watched the Facebook live from yesterday with Jessika and Lauren? I literally just started it but HOLY CRAP Lauren's hair looks sooo much better this year!!! The way she styles it.

I think Lauren looks amazing this year, her hair and face look even more pretty (I liked her look last year too but I think it’s even better now).

20 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Finalist/TCC  picture

Amy_display_image.png?1337914025

I just can’t fathom how this toned beautiful body was too big for DCC but Victoria was okay even before she gained 11 pounds ??‍♀️

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I think Lauren looks amazing this year, her hair and face look even more pretty (I liked her look last year too but I think it’s even better now).

I just can’t fathom how this toned beautiful body was too big for DCC but Victoria was okay even before she gained 11 pounds ??‍♀️

I see nothing wrong with her behind. Reminds me in Season 3 when Katie S. was cut because her behind was too bad for their standards. GRRR!!! These girls look amazing. The DCC Organization can be hypocritical. One minute they are suppose to be teaching children healthy eating habits and exercising, and the next minute they call out a girl on national television by stating her behind is too big. I wish someone would call them out on it when they make appearances promoting good eating and exercising. I do not blame the girls they send out on the appearances, but I do wish someone would be brave enough to question Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte on it.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Reminds me in Season 3 when Katie S. was cut because her behind was too bad for their standards.

I rewatched a bunch of the old seasons last week, I was rooting for Katie, it's a shame :(

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wish someone would call them out on it when they make appearances promoting good eating and exercising.

I find it ironic and hypocritical that they are preaching/promoting good eating and exercising when some of the girls appearances are at Dunkin Donuts . . .

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I find it ironic and hypocritical that they are preaching/promoting good eating and exercising when some of the girls appearances are at Dunkin Donuts . . .

its the same as their image though - the girls must be good, humble, modest dresers girls while also appearing super sexually available. they like their hypocritical dichotomy in the organisation

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I rewatched a bunch of the old seasons last week, I was rooting for Katie, it's a shame :(

She was on the 2008 Mavs dancers for one season. She did come back the next year but didn't make it to finals.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

CMT brought her back because she already had a contract with them and thought she would bring in more viewers. It look like it backfired on them because after doing a survey a few years ago viewers were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes. They need more former DCCs to come in and work with the girls (no Cassie or Tina please) instead of Melissa.

Melissa is a good judge during the audition process....but she is like salt. A little is good, but too much ruins the dish.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

DCC::MTT Facebook page has a video where the girls are on the field, and Marshall is there. More Marshall, less Melissa the Mentor scenes please.

I saw 2 clips but no Marshall. Did I miss something?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I knew Meredith's mom was a cheerleader due to the show. But I had no idea her mom and Judy were as close as they were until this forum told me years later.  I was just an average viewer until last season when I wanted to know what happened to Holly.  Thats when I found all lovely people, and this forum is absolute gold ;-). Plus I can discuss the show in privacy.... this show is my guilt pleasure and if my IRL friends knew they'd laugh at me haha

I remember Judy (or was it Kim?) saying they were the only married cheerleaders so they became friends

• Love 2

Eff Melissa.  She’s so annoying.  Until they admit she’s only famous because of the Bachelor and not some DWTS all star season that no one watched, I will advocate for her departure from this show.  

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall!  My favorite person on this show.  

Tara looked like ass at training camp this season.  She looked bloated as hell and dirty.  Who cares if she got 15 last year.  Her cut makes sense   

Like someone said from above, I would love to see how they rank this year like they did in season four. Much more interesting than all the filler shit (tour of Dallas, old folks home etc) 

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
Grammar baby
  • Love 12
On 9/25/2018 at 9:57 PM, Donna S said:

Chandler Carlson.

I hate what was said about her.  This type of talk should never be aired afaic.  

A girl may be a hit with the judges, but it does not mean she deserves to be on the team. We have seen girls the judges like, and the girls turn out to lack dancing skills or lack having the total package. Victoria and Malena are the perfect example of girls who should not have made TC in the face place. And please do not get me wrong, I adore Malena, but the poor girl has been struggling since day one.

Well we know some women got in with only 4 yesses last year. So....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

@johngalt do you know this year’s scores for any of them? 

26 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

I hate what was said about her.  This type of talk should never be aired afaic.  

Well we know some women got in with only 4 yesses last year. So....

Me thinks the women who got only 4 yesses were brought in to have someone to cut, and for storylines and had a snow ball chance in heck of making the team. I know our lovely Shelly has said they have brought in more girls into TC before the show came along, but I have a hard time believing girls like Malena, Alexandria from Season 9, Kalyssa and Taylor from Season 6, and Chandler were going to make the team. Of course, we have Morgan, and Kaitlyn from Season 8 to prove me wrong, but still...

Edited by bigskygirl
6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't for one second believe they bring in people so they can have a cut for the show...I think they pick the best people they think will have a shot. They might have known that Malena would struggle, but as we all know Kelli really vouched for her.

How do they explain Carla from Season 7. I have a hard time believing she was a better fit for the squad than the five one year vets who were cut at finals. Malena was a Kelli favorite, so they, meaning Kelli and possibly Charlotte, kept her around. I do not think she was have made it the almost end of TC if Kelli did not like her. I heard Kelli wanted her on the squad, but Charlotte said no.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't for one second believe they bring in people so they can have a cut for the show...I think they pick the best people they think will have a shot. They might have known that Malena would struggle, but as we all know Kelli really vouched for her.

I agree with this. I might be naive, but I truly think Kelli brings girls into TC that she would want to see make the team, not so that they are only there for a cut.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Isolabella said:

Has anyone watched the Facebook live from yesterday with Jessika and Lauren? I literally just started it but HOLY CRAP Lauren's hair looks sooo much better this year!!! The way she styles it.

She looks beautiful 

30 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

I agree with this. I might be naive, but I truly think Kelli brings girls into TC that she would want to see make the team, not so that they are only there for a cut.

If that was true, they would only bring in the top 36 girls to TC in order not to make a cut. Not all the girls who are brought to TC will make the team. And Kelli is not the only one making the decision on who to bring into TC. Charlotte has more of a say so than a lot of people think she does along with CMT having to play a small part in it.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If that was true, they would only bring in the top 36 girls to TC in order not to make a cut. Not all the girls who are brought to TC will make the team. And Kelli is not the only one making the decision on who to bring into TC. Charlotte has more of a say so than a lot of people think she does along with CMT having to play a small part in it.

You have to bring in more than 36 into  camp ... if you pick a girl that cant catch the choreography or something physical happens then what??? You bring in 45 and see you can handle the choreography and the pressure .... some may think its cruel to cut but not everything in life is fair .... some may have an advantage but they all have the chance for making the team .... 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

CMT brought her back because she already had a contract with them and thought she would bring in more viewers. It look like it backfired on them because after doing a survey a few years ago viewers were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes. They need more former DCCs to come in and work with the girls (no Cassie or Tina please) instead of Melissa.

Where were the results of the survey posted? I'd like to read them.

For the record, I like Melissa a lot. She has a lot of fans.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

They have to bring in more than 36 just as cushion. Even if they were sure they had 36 that they could put on the field dancewise, they still need some backup in case of injury, or someone dropping out during camp,or in case someone gets arrested or has some other scandal. That said, they could do with 40. I do believe they take 45 just for added drama of cutting girls.

Edited by Jennv
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Where were the results of the survey posted? I'd like to read them.

For the record, I like Melissa a lot. She has a lot of fans.

I like her as well.  I just didn't like the individual mentoring sessions cause that turned into a lot of boohoo-ing.  I like when she gives advice though, cause she is spot on and is more specific than K&J are.  But she's funny, self deprecating and just seems like someone that would be fun to hang out with.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like her as well.  I just didn't like the individual mentoring sessions cause that turned into a lot of boohoo-ing.  I like when she gives advice though, cause she is spot on and is more specific than K&J are.  But she's funny, self deprecating and just seems like someone that would be fun to hang out with.

A DCC:MTT picture from tonight's show popped up on my facebook page (of course because I follow them lol) and it is a Melissa session where they are watching themselves dance. I swear I picked VK out immediately! Aside from the fact she is in front (as always), she looks very big in the picture. I am sorry, I don't want to be rude or judgemental, but she looks big in the picture!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I agree. The staged scenarios are terrible, but I enjoy her personality and her commentary on the team and the process and I think she's in a unique position to comment on an organization she was once part of but is no longer dependent on for approval. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree. The staged scenarios are terrible, but I enjoy her personality and her commentary on the team and the process and I think she's in a unique position to comment on an organization she was once part of but is no longer dependent on for approval. 

I think she is important to them in that a podcast/website/etc devoted to reality shows is more willing to bring Melissa on over a Kelli or Judy, cause you get info on 3 shows.  The Bachelor and DWTS are far more popular than MTT, sad to say:)  An interviewer may not even want to talk about MTT,  so that leaves out K&J a lot of the time.  So you bring Melissa on, you talk about MTT for a few and then you can move into the other shows.

I just checked the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team Facebook page, and the video is on there. He is at the end of the video.

I just watched the clip.  Thank you Marshall for saying what you said!!  It's about freakin' time someone said something about Erin.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, jlc said:

I remember her now. Her cut scene was brutal! Poor girl. Hers was the first cut that I really felt bad about. :(

Was she the first one cut? I can't remember that far back.  Do you remember TCC Nina (season 6)? She had kind of a Minnie Mouse type voice and after her cut  Kelli or Judy said she had no personality. She and Amy were on the AAIA together.

Edited by MrsEVH
5 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Based on the description for episode 10, it doesn't sound like that's the last one. It just says cameos and media training.

I hope you're right.  I'd love more than 10 episodes.

20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I hope you're right.  I'd love more than 10 episodes.

They’re possibly still furiously editing and haven’t worked out what to title them yet... maybe the Kalina family have engaged legal assistance to curb the horrific exposure they’re about to get

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

They’re possibly still furiously editing and haven’t worked out what to title them yet... maybe the Kalina family have engaged legal assistance to curb the horrific exposure they’re about to get

Is tonight the night VK goes buh-bye?

4 hours ago, rl27rl said:

stop.jpg.59d64b1bf4686e38dc3e1b2c32184c8f.jpgHUH? Say what, now?

Of all of the places they could and should appear at... Dunkin???

Why- whose idea was that ???

• Love 2

Listening to the podcast live right now. It's Alexis and Christina and the topics they're talking about are so boring. I'm going have to cut it off  and listen at a later time.

Edited by MrsEVH
44 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Is tonight the night VK goes buh-bye?

They still have to cut Kristen, Taylor T. and Tara before her, don’t they?   Then Lily and Malena are the last two.  Right?   Wasn’t that the order?

4 cuts in one episode sounds like a lot, but if there are only two episodes left it may be what they got to do anyways.  Guess we’ll see.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

They still have to cut Kristen, Taylor T. and Tara before her, don’t they?   Then Lily and Malena are the last two.  Right?   Wasn’t that the order?

4 cuts in one episode sounds like a lot, but if there are only two episodes left it may be what they got to do anyways.  Guess we’ll see.

They have done four cuts in one episode before. If they are stupid enough to cut back on episodes because Princess Victoria and her mother were trying to block her cut and the reasoning behind said cut from being shown, then they are more foolish than they appear to be. They are also more foolish because they actually thought they could bring Victoria on to the squad without anyone questioning their real motives. I think there will be 13 episodes, and if not, then I say goodbye to the show, and Kelli should be lead to the unemployment line for blindly going along with the ole lets put Victoria on the team no matter what storyline.

16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Listening to the podcast live right now. It's Alexis and Christina and the topics they're talking about are so boring. I'm going have to cut it off  and listen at a later time.

I liked KaShara and Amy's podcast.  New routine, new uniform for the Star Christmas show.  How they met their significant others.  Most embarrassing moments, which were easy to guess:)  They miss Robin.  And Shannon seemed fine to me in how he treated the girls.  I think the longer he's knows a girl, the more he's like a brother in how he teases them. 

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think that if they're a company that wants an appearance, and will pay the going rate, then they sent two or more DCC.     

It's a double edge sword.  If you don't want to pay much, then you get two rookies who no one knows.  But if you shell out the big bucks, you get two popular 4 or 5 year vets.  Normally, I see a rookie and an upper vet, so the vet can show the rookies the ropes.

And I don't see the problem in them going to Dunkin' or any other fast food place or a bakery.  As long as they can still look good in the uniform:)

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Let the cuts begin!