Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

VK was at IHOP??  I thought it was just the vets.  Anyway, it was just a theory until the insiders verified she was cut for weight, but I'm sure it will always be in the back of people's minds.  I just hope Tara is okay. 

I could be wrong. I thought they both got cut the same night then went to ihop. I really don't know ...

1 hour ago, MTTFan said:
1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

Then she is in the wrong business -- DCC is all about weight, appearance and dance ability -- she lied about it not because she felt ashamed, she lied about it because she felt entitled and didn't think that it would it come back and bite her in the ass.  

Also, the post about the whipped cream threw major shade at TPTB and if I was Emma I think I might be a tad pissed off at her husband's(?)  "fluffiest" comment.

If anything, her lying about the situation did a disservice to people who really do have this condition as evidenced by some of the comments on this board.

Every word of this!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ladybug525 said:

yes kelli said dayton looked amazing in the uniform or her body was perfect for it or something along those lines. and idk if my thought process is wonky or i just see things differently as other people but i find myself viewing things with a way different opinion than seems to be popular. like i feel that kelli does have a lot of love for dayton. like when she was late for makeovers and kelli told her "dont do that to me", i saw it as kelli saying "please dont put me i  a position where i have to get onto you because i care about you and i dont like to have to scold you". i know other people interpreted it differently but thats how i saw it. there seems to be a big opinion that kelli doesnt like dayton that well or didnt want her there. imho i dont think thats true. i think she cares about dayton. i know kelli is showing a lot of favoritism toward v.k., we all know that, and while it is irritating when i ask myself if i could be impartial if it was me and my bffs daughter trying out, i know the answer is no. and i do believe because of that kelli should have excused herself a few times from some of the discussions. But i do know that kelli has a hard job with a lot on her plate. i hate this about myself but ive always been an emphatic person who puts myself in other people's shoes when i form ideas on why they are doing certain things. and i dont envy kelli for this years training camp. im sure there were lots of high emotions this year. i do think that in general it would have been better for dayton if she had not been trying out at the same time as Victoria. i know the point im trying to make and i dont know if its coming across how i want it to. im not always good with words which is why i stayed so quiet on here and just observed for so long ???. i just love Dayton and when it comes to her i think there is a lot about her and also kelli that is misunderstood. she is a beautiful young lady and she seems very sweet. i know you cant tell just from an hour segment once a week but the vibe i get about her is a sweet sensitive well raised young lady who actually cares about your answer when she asks how someone is doing. i was really rooting for her but im happy she has found another great opportunity. @ShellyB please tell dayton i hope she has a wonderful time sailing the world and makes amazing memories ? i would love to go and watch her dance.

sorry for the rambling yall. like i said im not always great with words ???

Thank you very much for your kind words! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Unfortunately, VK has a body type similar to mine and she will struggle with weight for her entire life. What I noticed is that her stomach is protruding past her bust area. That is where I wear ALL of my weight and even though I haven't been preggo in 8 years, I have to watch certain styles because I can totally look it if I'm not careful.

I feel bad for VK in this one regard and only one, she can't fix her genetics and she's not educated enough to know why---she will literally starve and kill herself to get as small as she can and even that probably won't be enough. In my teen days the style was shopping at 5*7*9...my sister shopped there and I wanted to too. But I have hips and realistically, even with a flat stomach I needed an 11. I got into a pair of 9's once and was called into the guidance counselor's office to ask me if I was okay. They suspected I had an eating disorder. I didn't, I was just dancing 6 days a week in a building with no a/c and I was eating pretty well. 

I don't think VK will ever realistically get to the DCC standard, at least not in any reasonable or long lasting way, and her goal of point girl in 5 years is just not realistic. She may be able to squeek out a year, maybe two if they're willing to forget the other drama, but life long this will always be a thing. And it will only get worse/ 

I definitely won't be watching it!

Research suggests that in terms of obesity nad weight, one's genetics are only 50% of the story. yes, she'll have to watch her weight for the rest of her life because it's likely it'll be easier for her to gain weight and harder to lose it, but you can 100% fight genetics and educate yourself. I have always struggled with weight, literally from birth, and I have to commit to a lifestyle not a diet. yoyo dieting is the worst thing for people like us. there is no quick fix, no lazy ways out. it has to be every day and f you do have a bigger meal or have a cheat day you have to be sensible the rest of the time. its not a get out of jail free card to say 'oh its my genetics so I get a pass'. you have to take some responsibility for yourself at some point. I know I have to work out more than other, be more strict in my eating than others.  yes, it means I can't have pancakes with cream, or milkshakes or most yummy stuff except on special ocassions, but I'm not going to use the 'it's harder for me because of my genetics so woe is me' excuse.  If VK struggles with her weight, frankly she needs to grow up, and realise that at 18 this is the best her metabolism is going to be and she needs to either learn how to work with her body and be committed or prepare to be overweight her whole life, especially if she yoyo diets.  I had to do it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I still don’t understand why Emma’s husband is eating dessert with Victoria?! Are they all friends? This discussion was had back when this pic was posted before, but I don’t think it was ever answered?

I know that Emma and her hubby went to Sam’s high school graduation.  And Sam was at their wedding.  He went to Harvard.  Maybe he was mentoring Sam when she was looking at Ivy League schools??

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Jinelle has NEITHER the empathy needed NOR the training necessary. She is not a certified nutritionist, fitness coach or personal trainer.

but how would one know if jinelle has the empathy? she might not have the understanding of exactly how it feels to need to lose weight, she has always, as far as i  know been thin, but she knows the value of wanting to live a healthy lifestyle. and that would be the first step to getting v.k. to lose weight i would think. the fact that shes willing to help says to me she does have empathy toward v.ks plight. and granted it takes a lot to offend me, one has to actually put effort into it, but i wouldnt be offended if i was needing to lose weight and they paired me with jinelle as my get health buddy. id actually be happy about it. because i know it isnt just about the weight loss, its also about eating habits and lifestyle change. which if v.k. is indeed grabbing milkshakes and such she needs some guidance on her snacking choices.and if she wants to lose the weight in a healthy way and keep it off she is going to have to do things differently than she has been. and since jinelle embraces that lean way of eating i think she is the perfect choice to help not just Victoria but anyone. maybe its just because i like jinelle so much but i have confidence in her ability to recondition someones not so healthy habits into healthy ones. she spent 5 years on the team and is now working for dcc. i think she cares about dcc and wants the girls to be the best they all can in all ways possible ?

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ladybug525 said:

but how would one know if jinelle has the empathy? she might not have the understanding of exactly how it feels to need to lose weight, she has always, as far as i  know been thin, but she knows the value of wanting to live a healthy lifestyle. and that would be the first step to getting v.k. to lose weight i would think. the fact that shes willing to help says to me she does have empathy toward v.ks plight. and granted it takes a lot to offend me, one has to actually put effort into it, but i wouldnt be offended if i was needing to lose weight and they paired me with jinelle as my get health buddy. id actually be happy about it. because i know it isnt just about the weight loss, its also about eating habits and lifestyle change. which if v.k. is indeed grabbing milkshakes and such she needs some guidance on her snacking choices.and if she wants to lose the weight in a healthy way and keep it off she is going to have to do things differently than she has been. and since jinelle embraces that lean way of eating i think she is the perfect choice to help not just Victoria but anyone. maybe its just because i like jinelle so much but i have confidence in her ability to recondition someones not so healthy habits into healthy ones. she spent 5 years on the team and is now working for dcc. i think she cares about dcc and wants the girls to be the best they all can in all ways possible ?

Exactly!

Just because jinelle is thin and has, to our knowledge, not struggled with her weight doesn't mean that she suffers from a lack of empathy or compassion. that's no different to saying all trainers and nutritionalists have to have been overweight at some point AND have genetics that cause them to struggle all their life or they don't know how to treat people. or that all theerapists have to have depression or a mental disorder or they can't treat people properly. Not all surgeons have ever had surgery themselves.  it's, frankly, nonsense.  Jinelle knows the value of a healthy lifestyle not a diet, and likely has a lot of information that can be useful.  Sometimes trainers give information that's great but less applicable to someone's real everyday life whereas Jinelle has lived the DCC life, she knows the sort of time suck it'd be, knows the travel and hours and therefore knows how to best prep food around that, and she was working with a nutritionalist too. I think it's a bit much to essentially say that she's a cold heartless bitch towards those with weight issues just because she's thin.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Exactly!

Just because jinelle is thin and has, to our knowledge, not struggled with her weight doesn't mean that she suffers from a lack of empathy or compassion. that's no different to saying all trainers and nutritionalists have to have been overweight at some point AND have genetics that cause them to struggle all their life or they don't know how to treat people. or that all theerapists have to have depression or a mental disorder or they can't treat people properly. Not all surgeons have ever had surgery themselves.  it's, frankly, nonsense.  Jinelle knows the value of a healthy lifestyle not a diet, and likely has a lot of information that can be useful.  Sometimes trainers give information that's great but less applicable to someone's real everyday life whereas Jinelle has lived the DCC life, she knows the sort of time suck it'd be, knows the travel and hours and therefore knows how to best prep food around that, and she was working with a nutritionalist too. I think it's a bit much to essentially say that she's a cold heartless bitch towards those with weight issues just because she's thin.

When did anyone say she was a cold heartless bitch? This isn't about Jinelle being a mean person. I'm sure she's quite the opposite. I said she had neither the empathy nor the necessary training. So in fact it is indeed quite different. The people you have listed above are all trained in their specialty to appropriately treat and counsel. Jinelle can be a good friend I'm sure and even of help perhaps with tips and tricks. However, VK has a family history of weight struggle and she is 18. She just quickly gained 11 pounds. There is a problem. She will require better care than a good friend who is a DCC. As said in all my previous posts - weight struggles are real live medical conditions. They are not simply about healthy eating and will power. The scientific literature is very clear and our society has been looking at these struggles completey wrong for decades. The stigma alone is difficult enough.  People who struggle, especially teenage girls at risk for eating disorders and living in the DCC world require multiple angles of intervention to truly change. A few healthy eating tips from a skinny friend, while perhaps helpful, will not solve her long term problem.

And as said -- this is not about Jinelle! It is VK's responsibility to find the proper team to help her - which she should have done months and months ago. I was merely saying that Kelli's gift of a skinny bird on the shoulder was completely laughable.

24 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I said she had neither the empathy

but, how do you know she has no empathy??? you can't really make a statement like that without having something to back it up. I know lots of people who have never struggled with their weight and they have a lot of empathy for people who do. Just my opinion.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, viccib said:

but, how do you know she has no empathy??? you can't really make a statement like that without having something to back it up. I know lots of people who have never struggled with their weight and they have a lot of empathy for people who do. Just my opinion.

You're right. I'm not using the proper term. As an explanation, my husband is naturally thin. He must work to gain weight. His dearest friend and cousin is not obese but must work to keep weight off. Neither one of them are able to walk in the others shoes and truly understand each others' experience. In fact they often argue about it and end up frustrated.  However, I'm sure Jinelle has a great deal of compassion for people. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise and likely just used the term empathy improperly. My apologies.

• Love 5
Just now, Tuxcat said:

You're right. I'm not using the proper term. As an explanation, my husband is naturally thin. He must work to gain weight. His dearest friend and cousin is not obese but must work to keep weight off. Neither one of them are able to walk in the others shoes and truly understand each others' experience. In fact they often argue about it and end up frustrated.  However, I'm sure Jinelle has a great deal of compassion for people. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise and likely just used the term empathy improperly. My apologies.

no problem, thanks for clearing up :-) all good :-)

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Yes. She isn’t dcc fit but she is a normal healthy girl. I pray she never sees this board.

I wouldn't count on that -- for good or bad I am sure that either she or someone close is aware of this board and has probably even posted here.  It's not hard to find and I am not a member of the dance community.

As for cruel, maybe. on the other hand its nothing that was not visible to anybody who watches the show in real time.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 1

Because in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a woman can do with her life, including going to college.

The current episodes when they girls were on their field trip - one of them said, not many are local.  I don't know if she meant Dallas proper - but it sounded like she meant most were from out of state.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I’m sure lots of girls have lied to Kelli and Judy about minor things and been invited back.  I’m sure like w/ anything, it’s the degree, magnitude and consequences of the lie that matter most.

For example, when Kristen and Dayton were late to makeovers, and they said they were pulled over by the cops.  What if one of them really wasn’t pulled over, but just was late for usual lateness reasons?   Do you think Kelli would ban them forever for lying over that?   I don’t.  Not if she thought they killed it at auditions and would be a great squad member.

Thinking the difference being if they could prove it was a lie as VK not going to an appointment and saying she did go. A phone call could verify whether she went or lied. 

Kelly can't prove that they didnt get pulled over. Now if they continued to be late and blamed being pulled over every time.  Then yeah I don't think Kelly would have them on the team. 

So, pretty and good dancers that can easily lie to Kelly I just don't see her inviting them back into training camp. 

Sorry, this post of mine is jumbled more than usual I am tired and my head is hurting. 

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

The current episodes when they girls were on their field trip - one of them said, not many are local.  I don't know if she meant Dallas proper - but it sounded like she meant most were from out of state.

A majority are from out of state...only 10 out of 36 are from Texas.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Thinking the difference being if they could prove it was a lie as VK not going to an appointment and saying she did go. A phone call could verify whether she went or lied. 

Kelly can't prove that they didnt get pulled over. Now if they continued to be late and blamed being pulled over every time.  Then yeah I don't think Kelly would have them on the team. 

So, pretty and good dancers that can easily lie to Kelly I just don't see her inviting them back into training camp. 

Sorry, this post of mine is jumbled more than usual I am tired and my head is hurting. 

So what’s worse - being late to an appointment where there are multiple people waiting and several appointments scheduled after you, and lying about the reason, or not showing to a doctor appt and saying you did?   I honestly don’t see how one is all that much worse.

The former actually inconviences a lot more people (stylist, Kelli, other girls who had appointments after Dayton/Kristen) just from the act of being late - the missed doctor appt only inconvenienced the doctor...  And honestly, IMO, the lie is just s cover up for screwing up, the screw up was actually worse.

And in the grand scheme of lying, none of these lies are a huge deal.   I’m sure K&J have been lied to much worse over the years and probably half of it they may not even know about.  Heck, Paige hid that she was dating a player for like 2 full seasons.   Talk about a lie!

After seeing this footage I’m convinced VK was cut cause of her weight - no way was she going to be uniform ready if she didn’t get that 11 pounds of - these “lies” and the thyroid/Jinelle crap may have contributed or been a final straw, but her weight is what did her in.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Tara was cut Thursday, Victoria Friday. That particular night at IHOP was just vets. And for the record, the two cuts were not related in any way, shape, or form. (Last part isn’t aimed at you TexasBorn, just making a general statement.)

THANK YOU for the clarification. This season has been so confusing and bizarre that I'm starting to hallucinate thing that never happened.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So what’s worse - being late to an appointment where there are multiple people waiting and several appointments scheduled after you, and lying about the reason, or not showing to a doctor appt and saying you did?   I honestly don’t see how one is all that much worse.

The former actually inconviences a lot more people (stylist, Kelli, other girls who had appointments after Dayton/Kristen) just from the act of being late - the missed doctor appt only inconvenienced the doctor...  And honestly, IMO, the lie is just s cover up for screwing up, the screw up was actually worse.

And in the grand scheme of lying, none of these lies are a huge deal.   I’m sure K&J have been lied to much worse over the years and probably half of it they may not even know about.  Heck, Paige hid that she was dating a player for like 2 full seasons.   Talk about a lie!

After seeing this footage I’m convinced VK was cut cause of her weight - no way was she going to be uniform ready if she didn’t get that 11 pounds of - these “lies” and the thyroid/Jinelle crap may have contributed or been a final straw, but her weight is what did her in.  

But Kelly doesnt know they lied about being late and I don't think they did.  Kelly knew VK lied.  

Imho I wouldn't want anyone working for me that has no problem lying to my face. 

Paige...she had just gotten married to a military guy when she tried out for DCC. I was disappointed in her. 

More rambling, I need sleep and Kelly can and will choose who she wants on the team. Lie or no lie. 

If Tina saw the weight gain on VK - did she say something or try to help her? 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

That wasn’t obese fifty years ago anymore than it is now. The word obese is really unnecessary. She’s overweight by DCC and dance standards, and a normal girl with a soft stomach when it comes to everything else.

thank you. i am not Victorias biggest fan by any means,  but shes still a person with feelings and i might express my irritation for the favoritism toward her and the entitlement i pick up on, but i cant bring myself to just trash her or anyone really.  while for dcc she is a bit heavy, in the "normal" world she is fine. Im sure her bmi is sitting at normal. mine unfortunately is overweight but if Victoria is obese then i am a freaking sperm whale. 

Edited by ladybug525
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, ladybug525 said:

thank you. i am not Victorias biggest fan by any means,  but shes still a person with feelings and i might express my irritation for the favoritism toward her and the entitlement i pick up on, but i cant bring myself to just trash her or anyone really.  while for dcc she is a bit heavy in the "normal" world she is fine. Im sure her bmi is sitting at normal. mine unfortunately is overweight but if Victoria is obese then i am a freaking sperm whale. 

Same. I'm a pregnant sperm whale.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

When did anyone say she was a cold heartless bitch? This isn't about Jinelle being a mean person. I'm sure she's quite the opposite. I said she had neither the empathy nor the necessary training. So in fact it is indeed quite different. The people you have listed above are all trained in their specialty to appropriately treat and counsel. Jinelle can be a good friend I'm sure and even of help perhaps with tips and tricks. However, VK has a family history of weight struggle and she is 18. She just quickly gained 11 pounds. There is a problem. She will require better care than a good friend who is a DCC. As said in all my previous posts - weight struggles are real live medical conditions. They are not simply about healthy eating and will power. The scientific literature is very clear and our society has been looking at these struggles completey wrong for decades. The stigma alone is difficult enough.  People who struggle, especially teenage girls at risk for eating disorders and living in the DCC world require multiple angles of intervention to truly change. A few healthy eating tips from a skinny friend, while perhaps helpful, will not solve her long term problem.

And as said -- this is not about Jinelle! It is VK's responsibility to find the proper team to help her - which she should have done months and months ago. I was merely saying that Kelli's gift of a skinny bird on the shoulder was completely laughable.

training does not equal empathy.  Trust me on this.  training isn't walking in someone else's shoes. stating, as fact no less, that a woman you don't know hasn't empathy to a situation you're not party to is somewhat astounding to me.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I think potentially lying a)about a medical issue that many actually do struggle a lot with and can have a really hard time getting diagnosed, especially women, b)a medical issue on to which you're blaming substantial weight gain but appear to refuse to prove instead of just pulling it out of thin air when it's needed because said weight gain is about to get you cut and c)not just failing to go to the doctor but lying that you did go is enough of a culmination of events to cause me, were I Director, not to trust the girl again.  IMO it's not one lie, it's one after another after  another. I'd never trust her again after that, but i'm a fool me once kind of person, and as someone who has real problems getting the medical help I've needed both now and in the past seeing someone potentially just making up a medical issue angers me a lot.

7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I disagree.   Her weight is her by far biggest issue with making the team - and had she not had weight issues, all this stuff w/ Jinelle and the Cowboys doctor would never have happened.   Besides all that, what has she really done to keep her off the  team?   The decision makers like her dancing and look (despite all the contrary opinions on here).  

I'm sorry but her dancing is out of control. half the time she's still dancing like she's a solo dancer not a part of the team. she isnt' in time, she's out of her line, she can't seem to control her limbs and she's constantly getting a pass from Kelli about not being able to keep a beat 'because she's tall'.  sshe's had years to adapt to her height and limb length. I never got a pass as a skater for being off beat because of my height.  I had to adapt

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

training does not equal empathy.  Trust me on this.  training isn't walking in someone else's shoes. stating, as fact no less, that a woman you don't know hasn't empathy to a situation you're not party to is somewhat astounding to me.

First, I never, ever said training equalled empathy. I said it would be more helpful LONG term to EITHER have the necessary training to counsel an at risk 18 year old OR at LEAST have some first hand experience in the situation to better understand the problem.    But second, if you read my posts you'd see where I clarified that the word empathy was not the best word choice.  I never meant to imply that Jinelle was not a compassionate person. And third THIS IS NOT ABOUT JINELLE - am sure she's a lovely person. Signing off about this now.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, viccib said:

Yes...what you just said :) Jinelle has had medical issues over her time as a DCC and I would think that, in itself, would give her some form of  "empathy" for a young lady with a potential health issue.  She's able to place herself in another person's shoes...be it an acute issue (like her issues she had to deal with) or chronic condition (such as thyroid).  Just my opinion.  Of course, if I stated my true opinions about some of the posts here, I would probably get warned again or banned ...LOL !!!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

What was the theory?

I actually slept on it & changed my mind. Honestly, why would a vet care about a Rookie getting favoritism among their rookie class.  

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

1. You can't compare someone like Jalyn who has a totally different body type to someone like VK. If we're gonna compare, compare Kash to VK not someone tiny like Jalyn that's just not fair. Obese? everyone has rolls when they bend over jeesh. 

2. over here laughing about how grabbing milkshakes 2 times after practice automatically means she's gained weight. Gee maybe if I had a milkshake once a day every day maybe.

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Misscarlett said:

... She's a pretty 18 year old who is in great shape and I hope she doesn't acquire an eating disorder to make this team. 

She's in good (good, not great) shape for anyone who is not wanting to be on the DCC squad, but, no, sorry, she's not in good shape at all to be a DCC... Her weight and appearance are something she's agreed to and signed for in her contract (... and I won't even start with th fact that she's born in it...)

I hope I don't seem aggressive, because it's not my intent at all :)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

When a person does not show up or cancel a doctor appointment it affects more than the doctor. Another patient could have had the same spot, the doctor and staff have to wait for the person to show up, and can affect the rest of the doctor's schedule for the rest of the day, plus the fact the doctor is very busy and worked with Kelli to get her in, so her not calling to cancel the appointment or not showing up did more than inconvenienced the doctor. And to be honest I think a doctor appointment is much more important than an appointment for a makeover. People's lives have been saved going to a doctor, but I never heard of a person's life being saved due to getting a makeover.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

When a person does not show up or cancel a doctor appointment it affects more than the doctor. Another patient could have had the same spot, the doctor and staff have to wait for the person to show up, and can affect the rest of the doctor's schedule for the rest of the day, plus the fact the doctor is very busy and worked with Kelli to get her in, so her not calling to cancel the appointment or not showing up did more than inconvenienced the doctor. And to be honest I think a doctor appointment is much more important than an appointment for a makeover. People's lives have been saved going to a doctor, but I never heard of a person's life being saved due to getting a makeover.

Where I live if you miss a doctor's appointment, as in just don't turn up with no call, you're automatically DNA'ed (did not attend) and removed from the doctor's lists and/or referred back to whomever referred you.  it happens automatically (within something like 15-30min of the missed appt) and you have to appeal it if there's a reason because it's a MAJOR waste of time, money and services.  missing a doctor's appt is far more serious than being late to a hair appt.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Then she is in the wrong business -- DCC is all about weight, appearance and dance ability -- she lied about it not because she felt ashamed, she lied about it because she felt entitled and didn't think that it would it come back and bite her in the ass.  

Also, the post about the whipped cream threw major shade at TPTB and if I was Emma I think I might be a tad pissed off at her husband's(?)  "fluffiest" comment.

If anything, her lying about the situation did a disservice to people who really do have this condition as evidenced by some of the comments on this board.

Exactly! I was diagnosed with Graves Disease about ten months before my husband went to Seattle for his kidney transplant. He actually went off the transplant list for a few months before I was so sick and burned out due to all the stress from him being seriously ill. The kidney specialist had a meeting with the both of his when he had a dialysis treatment and came right out and ask me if I would be okay if he got a new kidney. I said no, and so my husband went off the list until I started feeling better because I probably was close to ending up in the hospital. It just burns me about her lie especially when she had offers for help, and she kept turning them down. My husband and I had almost no help when he was sick except for his medical team and some very nice strangers who were nice and showed sympathy when I told them about my husband. And there were at least one TC Candidate who was hypothyroid and struggled with her weight her rookie year, and she worked on her diet and with Jay to make the team.

31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

People's lives have been saved going to a doctor, but I never heard of a person's life being saved due to getting a makeover.

Really random, but I've actually heard of at least one person's life being saved due to them going to get their hair done.  The hairstylist noticed a weird spot on the client's head that just didn't look right to her (the hairstylist).  She told the client to go to the doctor immediately because there was something "not right" about that spot.  The client did and the doctor discovered either an aggressive form of skin cancer or Stage 3/Stage 4 skin cancer (I can't remember) so the hairstylist saved her client's life due to paying attention.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mmm said:

I actually slept on it & changed my mind. Honestly, why would a vet care about a Rookie getting favoritism among their rookie class.  

Maybe because the rookie is getting favoritism by being told she has a spot on the team, the fact is Kelli and Charlotte are willing to cut a veteran so said rookie can have a spot on the team, one veteran was cut at finals for not losing weight, one veteran was cut for her attitude while said rookie is going behind the other girls' back and ratting them out to Auntie Kelli and Judy, their technical coach said rookie was with the program since she was ten years old, so she deserves more time while calling out a veteran for her weight gain, said rookie lied about having an alleged thyroid disorder and had the opportunity to work with former and current DCCs for help and seeing a Cowboys doctor in order to get help with her alleged medical condition, and going around boasting she had spot on the team.

17 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Really random, but I've actually heard of at least one person's life being saved due to them going to get their hair done.  The hairstylist noticed a weird spot on the client's head that just didn't look right to her (the hairstylist).  She told the client to go to the doctor immediately because there was something "not right" about that spot.  The client did and the doctor discovered either an aggressive form of skin cancer or Stage 3/Stage 4 skin cancer (I can't remember) so the hairstylist saved her client's life due to paying attention.

I am happy to hear this, but in the case of Victoria, I think her missing her doctor appointment did more harm than good. I also do not think Kristin and Dayton being late to their makeover is the same as Victoria lying about being sick and not willing to work on her weight.

Some of us are well aware of what empathy is.  It is shoved down our throats in nursing school.   I also have a thyroid issue (as in I don't have one and I deal with out of whack TSH and T4 levels on a regular basis) and the weight gain that came with it.  Jinelle, while she may not have ever had to deal with weight gain, she has dealt with acute medical emergencies, both of which could have kept her off the team...that is how she may have empathy towards another TC candidate.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

And in the grand scheme of lying, none of these lies are a huge deal.   I’m sure K&J have been lied to much worse over the years and probably half of it they may not even know about.

It is a huge deal because she lied about having a serious medical condition that she knew she didn't have! That is a serious lie. Once you start lying and are allowed to get away with it, you can never really be trusted again. Next year is she going to lie about a torn muscle, or a strained back, so that she doesn't have to do things she doesn't feel like doing. Is she going to say she went to a function and then not really go? I mean, where do they draw the line with her?

Honestly, why would a vet care about a Rookie getting favoritism among their rookie class.

Because that vet worked really hard to become a vet, and that rookie is absolutely not working hard and is bragging about it!

• Love 9

It just burns me about her lie especially when she had offers for help, and she kept turning them down.

My understanding is not that she turned them down, is that she ignored them. Why? - because she knew she had no medical condition and she thought Kelli would not find out and she would be on the team before anyone found out she was lying - at least that is what I think.

• Love 4

I have not posted in forever but here it goes. I am almost seriously completely done with this season after watching last weeks episode finally. I mean what the hell K trying to pass off at the end how the audition process needs to maintain it integrity. Seriously C&K&J must realize by now that the integrity of the audition process is nothing when you are the daughter of the director's best friend which is being blatantly spoon fed to us the viewers week by week. Kelly you have lost the integrity of the audition process after this season and it is clearly evident. All the rude remarks towards other candidates about falling out of turns and weight by Kelli/Kitty/Judy and then the emphamis(sp?) grandma comment from Tina and all Victoria gets is an awwww how sad or a she has put the time in for over 10 years so lets give her more time bull crap. I am sure other girls have put the time in as well and did they get awww's and get passed off to make the team by being rude to Kelli and Judy when interacting with them oh and lying flat out don't even get me started on that..........I think not. I was actually excited to watch finally in real time and well now I get this. I am afraid we are stuck with Victoria Making The Team this year instead of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making The Team and yet she gets cut from training camp. K and company have created quite a mess for themselves all because one girl was promised a spot. This whole narrative probably started by CMT was because she was guaranteed a spot. You can't tell me she wasn't when it is so blatantly obvious that she was. Oh and Kelli keeps on spouting how it is so hard to cut the squad this season when I could have cut them down the first day of training camp. Poor Tara would still be on the team in my opinion(unless something else went on I am unaware of)

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, jlc said:

My understanding is not that she turned them down, is that she ignored them. Why? - because she knew she had no medical condition and she thought Kelli would not find out and she would be on the team before anyone found out she was lying - at least that is what I think.

Exactly! She knew going to the doctor would cause everyone to find out she had no thyroid condition. She had so many options for help, but she kept turning the help away and lying while ratting out the other girls.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:58 PM, SmpIsimon said:

Because in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a woman can do with her life, including going to college. You’ll recall that VK opted to attend the local community college so as not to interfere with her path to becoming a DCC. It’s a shame parents there don’t push education harder when it comes to their daughters. 

I have lived in Texas my entire life. None of my friends from HS tried out for DCC’S. I did have two dance team officers that tried out and made it back in the 80’s. But, the majority of my friends went to college and then worked. Trying out to be a DCC is not something the majority (99%) of Texas high school, and college girls, strive for. I’ve always loved the DCC’s since way back...but, it was never my goal to be one. Do I think it would have been fun to be one? Absolutely....but, it was never a goal. I went to college and worked...most parents push for higher education here. My daughters friends are all in college! 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

First, I never, ever said training equalled empathy. I said it would be more helpful LONG term to EITHER have the necessary training to counsel an at risk 18 year old OR at LEAST have some first hand experience in the situation to better understand the problem.    But second, if you read my posts you'd see where I clarified that the word empathy was not the best word choice.  I never meant to imply that Jinelle was not a compassionate person. And third THIS IS NOT ABOUT JINELLE - am sure she's a lovely person. Signing off about this now.

If the conversation wasn’t revolving around VK, who is a lightening rod, I don’t even think the bolded statement would be  controversial.

Setting her aside, I’m sure most people would prefer someone who is trained to help them in any given field versus someone who is not, and most people, when dealing with personal struggles, are more likely to comprehend and take advice from people who have similar experiences than those who don’t. Does that mean that other people who don’t have those attributes can’t help someone? Of course not! And of course, the DCCs had no responsibility to give VK help period, much less the most “effective” help. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Exactly! She knew going to the doctor would cause everyone to find out she had no thyroid condition. She had so many options for help, but she kept turning the help away and lying while ratting out the other girls.

Putting aside rumours of VK and Cassie being such girls, I've never really understood bosses that encourage or like that sort of behaviour.  Sure, is it a way of keeping an eye on the employees? Yeah. but nobody ever made themselves look good by making others look bad, and if said 'rat' is willing to backstab supposed friends or confidences, how do you trust a word out of their mouth? How do you even know that one word of what they're saying about X or Y person is true? what's the point?

• Love 2