Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

“...woman's intuition is telling me Victoria sabotaged her chances intentionally.  All her life she's been groomed to the DCC life and now that she's entering young adulthood, she's realizing it's not what she wants but yet is afraid to stand up for herself short of what we watched with the weight gain and lying.  I suspect Victoria is getting fit for Victoria.  I don't think she'll try out again."

This I like.

For me, I can’t get past the lying. Weight aside, the lying, backstabbing, all of it. That to me is way worse than an unfit body and sloppy dancing.

And, I will bet that Jinelle was honored that Kelli asked her to help VK. She even said she would be happy to download what she knows or what is in her head to help her.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

1. If you had genuinely been diagnosed with a thyroid condition, and you knew that your weight was part of your job, then wouldn't you disclose that before starting training camp (get everyone on the same page from the start)? 

2. Not sure why Jinelle's credentials are relevant? If your boss told you to spend time with Person X to improve in an area, then wouldn't you spend time with Person X, regardless of whether or not you think it will help you? After all, if you spend time with Person X and show Person X that you are doing everything expected of you, then Person X will likely report back positively to your boss.

Even if your alleged thyroid disorder started after TC, I say go in and be totally honest about it. I do not think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte would have kicked her to the curb if her thyroid hormone levels were out of whack. They have worked with at least two girls in the past with thyroid disorders, and one of them was a TC Candidate who was not on the team yet.

11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Poor Courtney. She was told to lose weight so she would be around the same weight as girls her height. That is one of my many pet peeves Kelli seems to enforce. Does she not realize girls of the same height be different sizes and still look darn good in the uniform and the swimwear during the calendar shoot.

Courtney gained some weight in her belly during training camp. That is why Kelli asked her to lose weight. She lost 9 pounds on MyFiTFoods in a few short weeks.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

I’m just going to leave this here for Kelli and Kitty to see what we are seeing each week.  This girl deserves better than being set up for failure and criticism because her mom and best friend want to continue to relive their glory DCC days through VK. She needs to be told the truth and get some help realizing there is more in the world than being a DCC. just my two cents worth. 

1ED65A75-1764-46B0-8C13-B22041A6A147.jpeg

One more for good measure. She is twice the size of Jaylyn. 

FF7CD492-079F-479B-8243-0CBCE7E4D5DD.jpeg

Oh wow are these for real/unedited??? If so, that's not even DCC "heavy", that's actually obese (or would have been a few decades ago before the whole world got really big). But anyway it's fat by normal standards (definitely beyond what's healthy for an 18 year old), that's shockingly fat for DCC. It's embarrassing. You can't even blame the second picture on angles. How the other girls on weight warning must feel to have to look at that every practice! 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Courtney gained some weight in her belly during training camp. That is why Kelli asked her to lose weight. She lost 9 pounds on MyFiTFoods in a few short weeks.

Good point, but I still think it is silly the girls who are the same height have to be within a certain weight.

1 minute ago, JennieM said:

Oh wow are these for real/unedited??? If so, that's not even DCC "heavy", that's actually obese (or would have been a few decades ago before the whole world got really big). But anyway it's fat by normal standards (definitely beyond what's healthy for an 18 year old), that's shockingly fat for DCC. It's embarrassing. You can't even blame the second picture on angles. How the other girls on weight warning must feel to have to look at that every practice! 

Let's not go crazy, she's nowhere near 'obese'.  DCC obese, maybe, but that's not anywhere near the same thing.   All people will get a crease or roll when they bend, it's literally what they're designed to do. Jayln would too if she were bending over.  to the amount of VK? no, but she still would.  VK is also a different height and build to Jalyn.  she's still a slim girl, certainly far below the average american size, she's just large for DCC and the extra weight shows.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, JennieM said:

I agree she can’t be in the uniform like that, but she is not obsese and certainly not “unhealthy”.   

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Pebbles116 said:

If she's "obese" I want to be obese like her. Yes, she is big for DCC. But obese? No.

Hence I added that it probably would have been obese a few decades ago before the whole world became very big- yes it probably won't be classed as obese now thinking about how the average size for women have increased over the past few decades. However, I still think that would be in excess of a healthy weight for her age, so would class that as over weight beyond what is considered "DCC heavy". 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

I’m just going to leave this here for Kelli and Kitty to see what we are seeing each week.  This girl deserves better than being set up for failure and criticism because her mom and best friend want to continue to relive their glory DCC days through VK. She needs to be told the truth and get some help realizing there is more in the world than being a DCC. just my two cents worth. 

1ED65A75-1764-46B0-8C13-B22041A6A147.jpeg

One more for good measure. She is twice the size of Jaylyn. 

FF7CD492-079F-479B-8243-0CBCE7E4D5DD.jpeg

WOW

9 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

If she's "obese" I want to be obese like her. Yes, she is big for DCC. But obese? No.

Same.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, JennieM said:

That's more than 11 pounds. Such liars.

• Love 4

I have to say after watching the ep, I am beginning to believe the conspiracy about Tara.Her Office visit seemed odd, she looked like she was laughing through her critics.  

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

There is no thyroid disorder.  It’s called being an 18 year old privileged, immature, brat who had bitten the hand that fed her. #endofstory.  

Do you have her medical File ?? lol

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

7 pounds of what? Brain mass? That's just oppressive.

She developed a belly in training camp. It’s a moot point as we are comparing apples to oranges here.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2

I just can’t watch this. Melissa hair looked green on her segment on Good Day, LA or whatever LA morning show she did. And it still looks green. She just annoys me.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I just can’t watch this. Melissa hair looked green on her segment on Good Day, LA or whatever LA morning show she did. And it still looks green. She just annoys me.

She got extensions yesterday, so now it is brunette and long.  I like her - I just don't think they are using her in the right way on t

She says it came down to more than just talent - she mentions them getting along in the locker room with each other.  Hmmmm.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

If anything, it was said that Dayton looked great during her uniform fitting. Her body size seemed to stay pretty stable during the time she was on the show.

yes kelli said dayton looked amazing in the uniform or her body was perfect for it or something along those lines. and idk if my thought process is wonky or i just see things differently as other people but i find myself viewing things with a way different opinion than seems to be popular. like i feel that kelli does have a lot of love for dayton. like when she was late for makeovers and kelli told her "dont do that to me", i saw it as kelli saying "please dont put me i  a position where i have to get onto you because i care about you and i dont like to have to scold you". i know other people interpreted it differently but thats how i saw it. there seems to be a big opinion that kelli doesnt like dayton that well or didnt want her there. imho i dont think thats true. i think she cares about dayton. i know kelli is showing a lot of favoritism toward v.k., we all know that, and while it is irritating when i ask myself if i could be impartial if it was me and my bffs daughter trying out, i know the answer is no. and i do believe because of that kelli should have excused herself a few times from some of the discussions. But i do know that kelli has a hard job with a lot on her plate. i hate this about myself but ive always been an emphatic person who puts myself in other people's shoes when i form ideas on why they are doing certain things. and i dont envy kelli for this years training camp. im sure there were lots of high emotions this year. i do think that in general it would have been better for dayton if she had not been trying out at the same time as Victoria. i know the point im trying to make and i dont know if its coming across how i want it to. im not always good with words which is why i stayed so quiet on here and just observed for so long ???. i just love Dayton and when it comes to her i think there is a lot about her and also kelli that is misunderstood. she is a beautiful young lady and she seems very sweet. i know you cant tell just from an hour segment once a week but the vibe i get about her is a sweet sensitive well raised young lady who actually cares about your answer when she asks how someone is doing. i was really rooting for her but im happy she has found another great opportunity. @ShellyB please tell dayton i hope she has a wonderful time sailing the world and makes amazing memories ? i would love to go and watch her dance.

sorry for the rambling yall. like i said im not always great with words ???

• Love 11

Random thoughts and observations:

I love the "Where are they now" segments of the show.  I loved Deryn and Sunni and Yoshiko and Courtney.

Some parts of the show seem so contrived and phony.  Like how they tried to promote certain things.

However you feel about VK, there is no way they would have let any other rookie get away with not only starting training camp heavier than they should be; but to GAIN 11 pounds during training camp. There's no way.  And Kitty surprised me most of all, cause she usually has no mercy for anyone.  I have Hypothyroidism too and with medication, it is completely in my power to gain and lose weight.  Not an excuse.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She got extensions yesterday, so now it is brunette and long.  I like her - I just don't think they are using her in the right way on t

She says it came down to more than just talent - she mentions them getting along in the locker room with each other.  Hmmmm.

I like Melissa. And now I miss her sassy short hair. The extensions look a couple shades darker than her natural hair.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wasn't it that she was cut for complaining about the favoritism, and not for weight?

I don't buy it because they both took that I-hop picture sitting across from each other. I do believe Kelli was planning to cut Tara for VK, though.

5 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I don't buy it because they both took that I-hop picture sitting across from each other. I do believe Kelli was planning to cut Tara for VK, though.

VK was at IHOP??  I thought it was just the vets.  Anyway, it was just a theory until the insiders verified she was cut for weight, but I'm sure it will always be in the back of people's minds.  I just hope Tara is okay. 

7 hours ago, Amk2017 said:

So I couldn’t attach the picture but here is what was posted with Emma’s husband, Victoria and Sam.  It’s just the comment that makes Victoria seem immature and not taking it seriously.  She’s like to eat the way she likes.  And the way Emma’s husband quotes “fluffiest,” I personally think that was probably said to Victoria.  They have been sugar coating how big Victoria is, so maybe Kelly said she was fluffy instead of saying your big.  This was just from August 11, after  Victoria was cut.  Anyone can go to Victoria’s tagged photos on Instagram and see this.  It’s almost like a slap in the face to those who cut her.  

6A8ED3A0-4EB6-4481-A72E-4561F6073E65.jpeg

WOW. This was a definite FU to Kelli, Judy and the DCC. I would be too embarrassed to try out again after doing this AND everything else she pulled. How is this behavior any different than Chelsea's toxic behavior? This is why she is NOT a DCC. They don't allow stupid girls, soft girls, sloppy dancers, liars, or anyone who makes a mockery of the brand and disregards ALL available and offered help. Kelli worked harder than VK did, its disgusting. This girl is the biggest airhead that has ever auditioned. When she came waddling in to the locker room after her talk with Kelli she put her thumbs up stating "we good" I though is she going to burp next, this kid has zero class, zero remorse, just clueless. How many more episodes until this idiot is cut? The other rookies have had their light dimmed this season by this nitwit. We could have had better story lines and added more fans with Cianna being from Hawaii, and Bridgit, she is so darn cute, or Hannah the power house dancer, or Rachel, she is stunning, fit, and a great dancer. They ALL would have made better rookie representatives than highlighting this dumb arse, legacy or not. They DESERVED to be highlighted. VK didnt deserve to make it in to TC much less be the main rookie spokesperson for the season. When will she go away??? Again, yes there was definitely an underlying message there. 

Edited by FMRDancerNYC
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I like Melissa. And now I miss her sassy short hair. The extensions look a couple shades darker than her natural hair.

I like her too and also preferred her shorter sassy cut.  It suited her fun, outgoing personality.  These new extensions look off & weird.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JennieM said:

These pictures are straight from the show. I was watching the show on my phone and I screen shot the two pictures. No edits or photo shop. That is why Kelli needs to realize the weight is real and it’s not pretty in that outfit. So unfair for this girl. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

These pictures are straight from the show. I was watching the show on my phone and I screen shot the two pictures. No edits or photo shop. That is why Kelli needs to realize the weight is real and it’s not pretty in that outfit. So unfair for this girl. 

EC1273CD-A7E8-496E-8536-AEF648307689.jpeg

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

VK was at IHOP??  I thought it was just the vets.  Anyway, it was just a theory until the insiders verified she was cut for weight, but I'm sure it will always be in the back of people's minds.  I just hope Tara is okay. 

I thought the same (vets only).  Unless there was another IHOP visit?

ginaligi_n copy.jpg

• Love 1

I am in no way making excuses for VK because I also think she is too heavy and untoned for DCC standards.  But Jalyn is a teeny little thing.  I'm petite myself (5'3", 100lbs) and would probably look large standing next to her.

jalynstough_23_9_2018_16_7_32_214 copy.jpg

• Love 2
20 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Apparently the fact that VK is featured so heavily and is used in almost all the CMT social media promos has gone to TK’s head, making her think her little girl might be worthy of more than just being a DCC.  SMH

I can see the spin off. Focus a show on those who are getting ready to try out. Of course, VK would be the star but they could find a few other Dallas area girls and follow them through their journey to try-outs. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I can see the spin off. Focus a show on those who are getting ready to try out. Of course, VK would be the star but they could find a few other Dallas area girls and follow them through their journey to try-outs. 

As I understand it, that’s the pitch. 

36 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

EC1273CD-A7E8-496E-8536-AEF648307689.jpeg

Unfortunately, VK has a body type similar to mine and she will struggle with weight for her entire life. What I noticed is that her stomach is protruding past her bust area. That is where I wear ALL of my weight and even though I haven't been preggo in 8 years, I have to watch certain styles because I can totally look it if I'm not careful.

I feel bad for VK in this one regard and only one, she can't fix her genetics and she's not educated enough to know why---she will literally starve and kill herself to get as small as she can and even that probably won't be enough. In my teen days the style was shopping at 5*7*9...my sister shopped there and I wanted to too. But I have hips and realistically, even with a flat stomach I needed an 11. I got into a pair of 9's once and was called into the guidance counselor's office to ask me if I was okay. They suspected I had an eating disorder. I didn't, I was just dancing 6 days a week in a building with no a/c and I was eating pretty well. 

I don't think VK will ever realistically get to the DCC standard, at least not in any reasonable or long lasting way, and her goal of point girl in 5 years is just not realistic. She may be able to squeek out a year, maybe two if they're willing to forget the other drama, but life long this will always be a thing. And it will only get worse/ 

Just now, SmpIsimon said:

As I understand it, that’s the pitch. 

I definitely won't be watching it!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The point is that Jinelle was not an appropriate mentor for someone with genetic and biological struggles with weight. She is a very healthy person and works hard for that.  But she lacks the the ability to empathize. And she lacks the fundamental understanding for why some people struggle and some people do not.

The very reason that VK thought she had to lie to begin with is the problem. She is ashamed and afraid. Even if she doesn't have a thyroid condition, weight struggle is a very real medical condition. Judgment is not necessary. 

If she wants a judgement free zone and doesn’t expect to see super skinny girls she’s in the wrong place. She knew what she signed up for and no one owes it to her to protect her feelings. She got fatter, plain and simple. If they give passes to every excuse an overweight person gives for being heavy then DCC wouldn’t be what it is.  She knew the standards, and if she doesn’t have the self control to manage it, that’s her problem. She’s in the wrong place if seeing a skinny person will hurt her emotionally. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

And several around DFW have direct relationship, automatic acceptance and scholarships to SMU, DBU and TCU. Sometimes it’s financial and just makes sense to get basics out of the way at 1/3 of the cost. 

TOTALLY AGREE. Another great benefit from community college that I received was being around some older students who returned to college after being in the military or who took a break to have kids. The insight I got from older, often more driven students helped me appreciate my education even more and spurred me to be more disciplined. It made my last two years at a state school easier to handle. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If I remember correctly, there was a girl in Season 2 who was called out for her weight. She was told to go work out with Jay, but she did not, and she ended up getting cut. I  guess she was not happy about being cut.

Ironically, her name was Victoria.

• Love 8
Just now, ByTor said:

Ironically, her name was Victoria.

Yes, it was. It seems so silly to me to tell Judy and Kelli “Oh yes ma’am, I will go see Jay” or “Yes, I’ll go to the nutritionist/doctor” and then not go. Of course they’re going to find out. They do their homework. To think otherwise seems delusional to me. 

• Love 3

The very reason that VK thought she had to lie to begin with is the problem. She is ashamed and afraid. Even if she doesn't have a thyroid condition, weight struggle is a very real medical condition. Judgment is not necessary. 

Then she is in the wrong business -- DCC is all about weight, appearance and dance ability -- she lied about it not because she felt ashamed, she lied about it because she felt entitled and didn't think that it would it come back and bite her in the ass.  

Also, the post about the whipped cream threw major shade at TPTB and if I was Emma I think I might be a tad pissed off at her husband's(?)  "fluffiest" comment.

If anything, her lying about the situation did a disservice to people who really do have this condition as evidenced by some of the comments on this board.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Then she is in the wrong business -- DCC is all about weight, appearance and dance ability -- she lied about it not because she felt ashamed, she lied about it because she felt entitled and didn't think that it would it come back and bite her in the ass.  

Also, the post about the whipped cream threw major shade at TPTB and if I was Emma I think I might be a tad pissed off at her husband's(?)  "fluffiest" comment.

If anything, her lying about the situation did a disservice to people who really do have this condition as evidenced by some of the comments on this board.

THIS!

• Love 4
On 9/22/2018 at 6:05 AM, LisaWl7TR said:

auditions

Anyone know how tall VK is?

We all know how much Kelli cannot stand “ big boned girls”, with the exception being VK.

Edited by FLAfan
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Unfortunately, VK has a body type similar to mine and she will struggle with weight for her entire life. What I noticed is that her stomach is protruding past her bust area. That is where I wear ALL of my weight 

Oh, you & me both @Loves2Dance.  I really hope Victoria gets this under control...the hell with DCC & superficiality, from a health perspective this is the absolute worst place to carry extra weight.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I still don’t understand why Emma’s husband is eating dessert with Victoria?! Are they all friends? This discussion was had back when this pic was posted before, but I don’t think it was ever answered?

No clue but Sam was with them too.