Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

I guess I don’t really understand the issue with having Jinelle mentor Victoria. Jinelle was a successful cheerleader for five seasons, a group leader, one of the most fit girls if not the most fit on the team, and now works for the organization. By having her work with Victoria, Kelli would be able to get a report card back on her progress from one of her own employees versus a nutritionist who doesn’t work for her and also doesn’t know Victoria as well. And let me be clear, when I say report card, I don’t mean tattling, as I wouldn’t consider giving your boss an update on a work assignment tattling. If Victoria had followed through, I’m sure that Jinelle would have had nothing but nice things to say. In fact she was far too nice considering the situation.

From my understanding, Victoria has/had pretty bad eating habits. Jinelle partnered with a nutritionist and was meant to pass the info along to Victoria in conjunction to the literal fount of knowledge that she herself possesses. Just because Jinelle is not a licensed nutritionist does not mean she had nothing to offer Victoria. Plenty of people are well-versed on subjects that they don’t hold degrees in. I’ll add that a nutritionist would also not fill the role of holding Victoria accountable on a day to day basis, as well as answering questions and resolving issues she might have outside of office hours. For instance, “I just got home and I really want to eat an entire extra large pizza. Please talk me down!” For lack of a better way to say it, Victoria needed her hand held. She was counseled by more than one former DCC on how to eat and get in DCC shape before auditioning and was still having the same problems, so sending her to a nutritionist was not going to fix anything.

Unfortunately Victoria was often unresponsive and evasive, so a partnership that could have been very advantageous for her went to waste and the situation festered.

As someone who has been struggling to lose twenty pounds of baby weight for two years, it really irritates me that Victoria threw this opportunity away. I would love to have someone like Jinelle hold my hand and help me through this process... all of that knowledge and moral support. I’ve lost 30 on my own so far and it’s been a total bitch. 

What a waste. Victoria really is completely immature and undeserving of sympathy when it comes to this weight drama. If she’s an emotional eater like I am, go get some psychotherapy and get it together. Gaining that much weight due to poor eating in that short a timeframe is ridiculous. I thought for sure she had a medical condition.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Judy said on twitter that she has a few roles. Currently she is working on their Christmas show costumes. 

They could use more help with their breast cancer awareness costumes. The Christmas costumes are adorable.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

As seen this season, that has not stopped people ....

That is true, but SF would be way, way worse. And while she is a beautiful girl, her face is not HD ready. 

53 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Wonder how many milkshakes she’ll have tonight . . .

You owe me a keyboard!

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Good for her!!!!  I would have passed out within the first two seconds:(

Honestly, I think this is pathetic, it comes off as thirsty in a really bad way...

Good for Vic for taking the weight comments seriously and putting in the work. But girl, you lied to the director of the DCC multiple times, you were a nightmare for the TCC's to deal with and you were cut. Have just an inch of separation...just an inch. Let them learn to miss you. Let them see you come back looking banging...not a constant work in progress. Do the work quietly so when you walk through the door it's "WOW!' not "Oh, there she is...again." 

She's young and dumb and I firmly believe she has no idea how she comes across from those outside her circle...sadly, this just shows me she's not growing up or expanding her horizons. And I'm still blaming you TK and KF. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

That is true, but SF would be way, way worse. And while she is a beautiful girl, her face is not HD ready. 

You owe me a keyboard!

Honestly, I think this is pathetic, it comes off as thirsty in a really bad way...

Good for Vic for taking the weight comments seriously and putting in the work. But girl, you lied to the director of the DCC multiple times, you were a nightmare for the TCC's to deal with and you were cut. Have just an inch of separation...just an inch. Let them learn to miss you. Let them see you come back looking banging...not a constant work in progress. Do the work quietly so when you walk through the door it's "WOW!' not "Oh, there she is...again." 

She's young and dumb and I firmly believe she has now idea how she comes across from those outside her circle...sadly, this just shows me she's not growing up or expanding her horizons. And I'm still blaming you TK and KF. 

Yeah, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think it’s fine she works out at CF, but I’d go in quietly and get my shit done and not post about it. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think it’s fine she works out at CF, but I’d go in quietly and get my shit done and not post about it. 

I probably wouldn't even use CF unless she had leftover time from a membership and then use it and find something closer to home. And exactly, you don't need an Instagram story dedicated to it. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I probably wouldn't even use CF unless she had leftover time from a membership and then use it and find something closer to home. And exactly, you don't need an Instagram story dedicated to it. 

She's pathetic.  I've heard a variety of things, ranging from VK is trying to redeem herself in Kelli's eyes and thus wants to be as visible as possible to the rumor that TK is trying to get VK her own show/special with CMT.  The Kalina family is in total tailspin after the cut -- it's quite the cluster.

• Love 8

Dear Mr and Mrs Kalina - if all of this is true, please send your daughter to an out of state college.  Let her do what she wants.  Let her eat what she wants.  Let her make friends who don't give a flying fig about the DCC.  Let her discover other interests.  Let her realize that she has to fight for what she wants amongst all the other pretty girls, all the other talented dancers.  Let her find herself.

Yours truly,

Someone who needs to find a life:/

• Love 20
58 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dear Mr and Mrs Kalina - if all of this is true, please send your daughter to an out of state college.  Let her do what she wants.  Let her eat what she wants.  Let her make friends who don't give a flying fig about the DCC.  Let her discover other interests.  Let her realize that she has to fight for what she wants amongst all the other pretty girls, all the other talented dancers.  Let her find herself.

Yours truly,

Someone who needs to find a life:/

Other than a few stipper pole comments, I've not had much to say one way or the other about Victoria.  But my really super keen, laser-focused, never-has-it-let-me-down, woman's intuition is telling me Victoria sabotaged her chances intentionally.  All her life she's been groomed to the DCC life and now that she's entering young adulthood, she's realizing it's not what she wants but yet is afraid to stand up for herself short of what we watched with the weight gain and lying.  I suspect Victoria is getting fit for Victoria.  I don't think she'll try out again.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Apparently the fact that VK is featured so heavily and is used in almost all the CMT social media promos has gone to TK’s head, making her think her little girl might be worthy of more than just being a DCC.  SMH

Ahhh another Kris Kardashian in the making.  Does she know that a sex tape, sex change, and a murder trial was what brought the family infamy?

Edited by MTTFan
bad proofreading
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

Other than a few stipper pole comments, I've not had much to say one way or the other about Victoria.  But my really super keen, laser-focused, never-has-it-let-me-down, woman's intuition is telling me Victoria sabotaged her chances intentionally.  All her life she's been groomed to the DCC life and now that she's entering young adulthood, she's realizing it's not what she wants but yet is afraid to stand up for herself short of what we watched with the weight gain and lying.  I suspect Victoria is getting fit for Victoria.  I don't think she'll try out again.

Let us all hold our virtual hands and pray to the almighty g that this will come to fruition ... Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya ...

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Why didn't she go?

Because in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a woman can do with her life, including going to college. You’ll recall that VK opted to attend the local community college so as not to interfere with her path to becoming a DCC. It’s a shame parents there don’t push education harder when it comes to their daughters. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She didn’t go because the out of state tuition is not cheap. She has about a year left of school that she will finish after her contract with RCL, so don’t believe the BS that education isn’t pushed by parents. 

THANK YOU! Agreed!

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

As a university professor in Dallas, I feel this is 100% inaccurate. This might be true for people who want to pursue the arts like dance as a profession (i.e. Dayton and VK), but the statement that "being a DCC is considered the best thing a woman can do with her life, including going to college" is completely false for the majority of people, especially women.

You are spot on. Dayton is majoring in journalism and has a year left of school. We’ve supported dancing as long as she got a degree. Victoria is technically a sophomore in college, due to credits earned in high school. Her oldest brother graduated from UT and her other brother is in college, so I would imagine her parents expect all three kids to earn a degree. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

You are spot on. Dayton is majoring in journalism and has a year left of school. We’ve supported dancing as long as she got a degree. Victoria is technically a sophomore in college due to credits earned in high school. Her oldest brother graduated from UT and her other brother is in college, so I would imagine her parents are expect all three kids to earn a degree. 

Live the dream, but have a backup plan.  Excellent advice.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

And I really don’t think advice on eating more salads and rice cakes from a woman who’s weighed 90 pounds her entire life is the magic bullet for helping an 18 year old girl who’s struggling w/ her weight for possibly the first time in her life.  Is she even a nutritionist?   “I’m thin and you’re not, so you need to eat like me” is not some earthshattering advice, and it might not even work.  At least Jay has credentials w/ what he does.

i highly doubt that jinelles advice is to eat rice cakes. she may not be a nutritionist but she is very outspoken about her love for healthy foods, fresh veggies and healthy fats. she has said she treats food as fuel for her body and i guarantee she knows very well how to eat properly to sustain energy during long practices and 4 hour games without unnecessary added calories or chemicals. i think she would be a great asset on the road to a healthy lifestyle and kelli and judy know that too which is why they asked her to help Victoria. As much as kelli loves v.k. i dont think for a second she would put her in less than capable hands when it comes to whatever she thinks it would help Victoria become a dcc. If v.k. had put 100% effort into letting jinelle guide her i think she would have had favorable results. 

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, ladybug525 said:

i highly doubt that jinelles advice is to eat rice cakes. she may not be a nutritionist but she is very outspoken about her love for healthy foods, fresh veggies and healthy fats. she has said she treats food as fuel for her body and i guarantee she knows very well how to eat properly to sustain energy during long practices and 4 hour games without unnecessary added calories or chemicals. i think she would be a great asset on the road to a healthy lifestyle and kelli and judy know that too which is why they asked her to help Victoria. As much as kelli loves v.k. i dont think for a second she would put her in less than capable hands when it comes to whatever she thinks it would help Victoria become a dcc. If v.k. had put 100% effort into letting jinelle guide her i think she would have had favorable results. 

The science behind why some people have weight problems vs. others is light years ahead of what is out in the public domain. Even medical practitioners are still treating these issues as a will power problem. People have both genetic and biological reasons for being overweight and very often cannot simply just change their habits with the guidance from someone who says "eat clean, eat fresh veggies." It is not that simple and it is not a one size fits all in terms of treatment.  VK likely crash dieted to get ready for auditions but her set point weight was higher and her body reverted. Extremely common. The battle will be lifelong and will need constant vigilant monitoring from a variety of angles. A skinny bird on her shoulder who does not have the understanding for what it means to battle and change biology, will not be helpful. In fact it likely made the shame of this process even worse. The social stigma, as evidenced even on this forum, is so unnecessary.  Years ago, people were blamed for getting cancer too.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Dayton’s memory issues when they made that group of them dance that combo by themselves and w/ no mirror totally convinced me that she needed cut.  She was clueless and was even trying to look to the side of her to figure out what to do.  That would be very risky for them to put someone like that on the squad.    It’s a way bigger problem that someone having bad technique or not being powerful.  A dancer not knowing the dance and trying to watch others is the worst in a live performance - it’s actually even worse than making mistakes as long as there is confidence and performance quality behind the mistakes.

Plus they had just run the dance in their bigger group where she had the mirror - so it’s not like it was a combo they hadn’t done for weeks - the first run should have been enough for her to remember the sequence.  I know Malena was messing up too, but she hasn’t had as much training and she still wasn’t trying to watch others as bad.

I know no one wants to hear this, but Dayton’s belly looked kind of puffy in that scene as well.  I know VK is worse, but it’s not like Dayton has washboard abs either...

Problem with this theory is editing.  Nobody knows what order the events took place in.  For example, the group they showed Dayton in could have been a quick run through.  Then they moved around the order of events.  Also how many times have girls had memory issues or trouble picking up choreo and were given extra chances?  The answer is many!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Those two examples - Grace and Liz - were both given lots of time and resources (Jay, etc.) to get the weight off.   So they deserved the time but VK doesn’t? 

I'm confused by your thought process of VK deserving more time but not Dayton.  I know we all are entitled to our opinions, and maybe I'm the one seeing things jaded.  However, on what planet is VK more DCC ready than Dayton?  Weight is a glaringly obvious issue.  Nobody wants to see a jiggly cheerleader.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Totally off topic here - Kim Kardashian was doing her mom's makeup on the show.  She asked her what she wanted and her mom said "perfect skin and nude lip" so maybe it's the trend.  I myself love eye makeup so I tend to do up my eyes and just wear lip balm.  Even though my grandmother always told me to carry my "lipstick and my powder" :)

I agree, I love makeup and I go with my eyes done and a bare lip because otherwise it is too much.  As far as acceptable makeup for the day time, I wear eyeliner and mascara, my shadow choices are lighter than something for evening.  For context, I work in a professional business office where a suit is my daily attire.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:
1 hour ago, ladybug525 said:

The science behind why some people have weight problems vs. others is light years ahead of what is out in the public domain. Even medical practitioners are still treating these issues as a will power problem. People have both genetic and biological reasons for being overweight and very often cannot simply just change their habits with the guidance from someone who says "eat clean, eat fresh veggies." It is not that simple and it is not a one size fits all in terms of treatment.  VK likely crash dieted to get ready for auditions but her set point weight was higher and her body reverted. Extremely common. The battle will be lifelong and will need constant vigilant monitoring from a variety of angles. A skinny bird on her shoulder who does not have the understanding for what it means to battle and change biology, will not be helpful. In fact it likely made the shame of this process even worse. The social stigma, as evidenced even on this forum, is so unnecessary.  Years ago, people were blamed for getting cancer too.

yeah i understand all that. but my point was not aimed toward whether or not victoria can lose the weight, i was responding to the debate people were having over whether jinelle was qualified enough to try to help Victoria or if having jinelle help her was not doing enough toward helping her. so i was pointing out that in general, for anybody needing guidance toward healthier habits jinelle was a good choice for advice and guidance on that subject, and that kelli having jinelle help victoria was real effort into trying to get v.k. into shape.

Edited by ladybug525
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Imagine if Victoria tried out in Season 6. Imagine if Cassie had called out Victoria on her lies and bs instead of Taylor.  Now THAT would be a legacy season!!!

I never understood that scene or interaction. That’s the only time they’ve shown girls criticizing others in front of the team and Judy and Kelli. I thought it was created for drama in the show.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Because in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a woman can do with her life, including going to college. You’ll recall that VK opted to attend the local community college so as not to interfere with her path to becoming a DCC. It’s a shame parents there don’t push education harder when it comes to their daughters. 

Sorry, but this just isn’t true. Just because two girls may have decided to forego college or a specific college to be a DCC doesn’t mean this is how all or most parents in Texas feel. Most parents do push education... in fact we talk about college even when our kids are in elementary school. We pay thousands of dollars a year for our kids to go to private school so they can get a better education. Or we move so our kids can go to the best public schools. No one ever mentions their hopes and dreams that their daughter becomes a DCC. ?

Edited by PrincessLeia
Clarity
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Just because two girls decided to forego college to be a DCC doesn’t mean this is how all or most parents in Texas feel.

If your talking about D & V....you’re incorrect. Dayton is a year way from earning her degree and Victoria is a sophmore. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

If your talking about D & V....you’re incorrect. Dayton is a year way from earning her degree and Victoria is a sophmore. 

I’m talking about @SmpIsimon‘s assumptions.... I have no idea what Victoria and Dayton are doing college wise, or if they turned down offers to TCU and Arizona. That poster is assuming they gave up those colleges for DCC, my comment was about the bold quote that all parents in Texas don’t stress education on their daughters bc we all want them to be DCC.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I acknowledged in my post that VK went to college, just a local community college. 

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’m talking about @SmpIsimon‘s assumptions.... I have no idea what Victoria and Dayton are doing college wise, or if they turned down offers to TCU and Arizona. That poster is assuming they gave up those colleges for DCC, my comment was about the bold quote that all parents in Texas don’t stress education on their daughters bc we all want them to be DCC.

Thanks for clarifying. Not all kids are cut out for college/or can afford it but, I feel that most parents push for higher ed...who doesn’t want want their kids to do more, see more than they did? I’d love for all 3 of mine to have Masters and beyond, 2 out of 3 will most likely do so. And...you know what they say about assuming??

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 12
Just now, ByTor said:

Oh, I had no idea, I was under the impression she finished high school this year.

She did, but she earned college credits in high school, as a lot of students do in Texas...probably all over the country. 

• Love 9
Just now, ShellyB said:

She did, but she earned college credits in high school, as a lot of students do in Texas...probably all over the country. 

Gotcha, I assumed I just had her age wrong.

6 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I'm confused by your thought process of VK deserving more time but not Dayton.  I know we all are entitled to our opinions, and maybe I'm the one seeing things jaded.  However, on what planet is VK more DCC ready than Dayton?  Weight is a glaringly obvious issue.  Nobody wants to see a jiggly cheerleader.

Dayton wasn’t cut for weight - those were all people who they liked for the squad but only had weight to lose.

More time isn’t going to give Dayton the ability to remember choreography w/o watching others (what she was cut for) - especially for someone who has danced their whole life - maybe if they only did those 11 dances and it was just a case of remembering them, but not when they have a lot more new dances to learn on top of those 11.

If they felt Dayton looked heavy and that was her only issue, then of course she should have been given more time.  They’ve never said anything about her weight on the show. 

• Love 1

I acknowledged in my post that VK went to college, just a local community college. 

Yes, you did, but you also answered a question about not going to Arizona. You stated that “in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a girl can do with her life, including going to college”...and “it’s a shame parents there don’t push education harder when it comes to their daughters.” Huge assumption.

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

Problem with this theory is editing.  Nobody knows what order the events took place in.  For example, the group they showed Dayton in could have been a quick run through.  Then they moved around the order of events.  Also how many times have girls had memory issues or trouble picking up choreo and were given extra chances?  The answer is many!

It seemed clear that they were doing exactly what Kelli and Judy had said - “do the dance again facing away from the mirror”.    Dancing not facing the mirror is something most studios do when it’s getting close to performance time to make sure the dancers aren’t relying on the mirror to watch others and do the correct moves - it’s a true test of how well they know it and how it will look on stage.

I don’t think they’d do a run through away from the mirror and then perform it facing the mirror.    It would be like going on stage to do a run through, and then coming off stage to do it full out in the hall.

I just do not think that part was edited.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Yes, you did, but you also answered a question about not going to Arizona. You alluded to the fact that “in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a girl can do with her life, including going to college”...and “it’s a shame parents there don’t push education harder when it comes to their daughters.” Huge 

Nothing wrong with community colleges. There are many very fine ones available that can springboard students to successful careers. The stigma surrounding them needs to GO.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes, you did, but you also answered a question about not going to Arizona. You stated that “in Texas, being a DCC is considered the best thing a girl can do with her life, including going to college”...and “it’s a shame parents there don’t push education harder when it comes to their daughters.” Huge assumption.

Where did Dayton choose to go over Arizona?

5 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

If anything, it was said that Dayton looked great during her uniform fitting. Her body size seemed to stay pretty stable during the time she was on the show.

If you watch the Nick Flores footage, her belly looked puffy.   At uniform fittings it was flatter.  They didn’t call her out for it though, so don’t think it was why she was cut.

• Love 1