Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: War and P.O.S

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, AnnA said:

When you say "east of the LIE" I'm assuming you mean east of where the LIE ends.

Montauk is my favorite place.

Yes.  I've only heard it put two ways .. Either "we're going out to the Hamptons" or "we're going out to Montauk".  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes.  I've only heard it put two ways .. Either "we're going out to the Hamptons" or "we're going out to Montauk".  

They also say "going out east."

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, QuinnM said:

Her Insta showed a walk through every Monday throughout this time.  Unfortunately just bits and pieces.  The fact that we are 4 episodes in and see nothing is odd.  I was just wondering if at some point there was a deal made on the reveal with a publication.  There was nothing on the interior of the property with Fredrick from the jump.  So the fact that we were seeing things and then nothing is what’s odd.  

I only remember one scene being filmed in her condo?

16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s never stopped Sonja before.    ; )

You have 2 cons facing off..Peter and Sonya.

Sonya's not so smart when it comes to business. If Peter got her to sign any type of contract I could see him suing or at least running to the press that he is thinking about suing to get his name in the papers. In fact, I can see her doing the same - Hah!

• Love 3
On April 27, 2018 at 4:01 PM, jaync said:

Was Richard bald, and fond of ugly sweaters? Maybe Dorinda was living in the past reminiscing once again.

According to Dorinda, John is well-endowed and gives it to her good. Flirting with other women's SOs might be her way of getting her "ho" on.

Indeed. If Dorinda was an aggressive, barking drunk during her first marriage, as she is in the here and now, then there's not much reason to believe she was different while with Richard. They very well could be divorced if he were still living.

Where is Hannah, btw? She and her eyebrows loved the cameras when Dorinda first joined the show.

Yeah, John may be giving it to her good, but the mental kicks in and I think she would rather have a hot guy which makes it much better.  I think she pictured Dennis and his bald head which she loves so much. LOL.  John may be on his way out soon.  I was thinking of what you said about Richard.  Who knows if she would still be married to him also.  You never know.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Oh Lord. First of all, everyone in NYC considers themselves something of a real estate expert - it's one of the favorite topics of conversation amongst New Yorkers. That said, there is a big difference between writing about something and actually doing it. Nevermind doing it more than once and, presumably, learning as you do so. What an asshat she is. 

Well, now that she is a Marathon runner, she will be "Queen of N.Y.City. and be giving out autographs.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Is this all really over some flippant comment BF made about Adam? REALLY? I wonder what it is - I have to assume at some point we see the big fracture in their relationship... 

I have a feeling it was a hard truth about the facts and reality of the relationship not soft coated in any way (which we know is Bethenny's style).

• Love 9
On 4/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, Gem 10 said:

Yea, it's called MONEY.

And I’m not mad at her one bit about it. 

As my dearly departed (and cheeky) mom uses to say: it’s just as easy to love a rich man as a poor one. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

And I’m not mad at her one bit about it. 

As my dearly departed (and cheeky) mom uses to say: it’s just as easy to love a rich man as a poor one. 

Ramona and I agree

We just love that Spitcracker!

• Love 3
On 4/25/2018 at 8:25 PM, ButterQueen said:

Just to be clear, Carole never seriously asked for the party, and of course Ramona saw it as an opportunity to find a storyline and told Carole she had already planned one.

I thought she was serious when she asked for a party a few episodes ago. She wasn’t? Then why was she being such a bitch about the party?

• Love 7
On 4/27/2018 at 12:42 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda was in the HW circle when she moved back to the US as a single mom. She knew Ramona first, because their daughters attended the same schools. She also knew Luann and Jill, but she met them after she married Richard attending various social events. Dorinda met John through her husband Richard - YUCK!

She did not attend Ramona's birthday party 2 days after Richard died. She attended Ramona's birthday party the year after.

Ramona and Dorinda talked about how Ramona called Dorinda and encouraged her to attend her birthday party two days after Richard died.  It would be meaningless to discuss attending a birthday party a year after your husband died.  I was appalled that Ramona would suggest such a thing but apparently Dorinda decided to go.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I thought she was serious when she asked for a party a few episodes ago. She wasn’t? Then why was she being such a bitch about the party?

Another party she asked for was for her 50th birthday.  She turned it over to Heather and was driving her mad with the insane list of party memorabilia demands. (What is it with this chick?) The theme of this party was "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".  

13 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I mean I know CR's always had a petty side but she's so extra this time around.

The 'extra' was always there, just hidden by the viewer's dislike of Aviva. (Which I believe Lyin' Carole was partially responsible for.) 

Also, being Heather's BFF was a good cover for Carole's pettiness because the audience generally liked Heather.  

• Love 9

As dramatic as Carole tries to be-I don't know of a spouse signing a death certificate.  Isn't it the attending physician, medical examiner and coroner?

Signing a divorce document, after you’ve racked up lawyers' bills fighting over who gets the sconces, is not like signing a death certificate. 

These women all talk about their pasts.  If they are bored with hearing about what one of the others marriage, arrest, coming out party, movie star boyfriend, countess hood they need to make it an across the board rule.   

I guess when you marry someone with cancer, your widowhood is much deeper and more painful than marrying someone who dies of a heart attack or get  shot while at war or dies in a car accident.  Her continuing comments are exactly why one doesn't compare pain.   Sonja and Bethenny most likely miss more than anything having 24/7 control of their child and not being able to even be able to be in the same room with their child and ex for important things like holidays.

• Love 14

Was it just my tired eyes or my tv that made it look like a big make up stain on Carole’s turtle neck sweater at the brunch?  I swear there was a yellow / tan shadow on it right under her chin.  

6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Ramona and Dorinda talked about how Ramona called Dorinda and encouraged her to attend her birthday party two days after Richard died.  It would be meaningless to discuss attending a birthday party a year after your husband died.  I was appalled that Ramona would suggest such a thing but apparently Dorinda decided to go.

It was a kind thing to do on Ramona’s part, imo.

Life goes on. 

• Love 6
On 4/28/2018 at 4:13 PM, Gem 10 said:

Sag Harbor, Water Mill, Bridgehampton, Sagaponack, Southampton.  You will bump in Bethenny, Countess Luann, Andy Cohen, Ramona, Martha Stewart, Steven Speilberg and many more ... IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.  Ha ha.  BTW, I LOVE Ramonas house.  Off the highway, of course.  

thank you.  I'm going to make flash cards and memorize this.  :) 

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Guilty raising hand!

When I go shopping which my mate absolutely HATES, as soon as we're in the door. He waits there AND holds my pocketbook. Do you know that's why they have built in seats towards the front entrance of The Gap - it's for all the male bag holders. Hopefully one day, they'll put a TV up there--Bwahahaha

omg my husband's Nana used to love to go shopping, and Nano would sit and nap and read the paper on the benches.  She would occasionally visit him and deposit the bags she'd accumulated in random intervals.  #goals

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, heavysnaxx said:

Because I never took gym at Miss Porter’s, I have no idea how to accessorize a marathon-themed dinner party, unless it means creating fun and festive sneaker-scapes or setting up a welcoming gauntlet where your honoree is pelted with cocktails and Chex Party Mix.

That said, I say Kadooz to Ramona for nailing it, in the spirit category. What her party lacked in marathon paraphernalia – stopwatches? Sweaty socks? Life-size cardboard cut-outs of Dustin Hoffman? – it made up for in that most basic feature of any marathon: It would have been enhanced by a Vangelis score, preferably a mash-up of Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner.

But, OKAY CAROLE, here’s a list of:

THE TOP 10 WAYS RAMONA’S PARTY HAD A MARATHON THEME:  

10. There was open-mouth chewing: Forgivable while running a marathon, unforgivable at the table.

9. Lu’s eyes screamed RUN AWAY! When she realized the subject of her past trash-talk, Dennis, was CALLING FROM INSIDE ACROSS THE TABLE.

8. Those party outfits were 50 shades of Run to the Far Side.

7. Who among us would not run 26 miles away from Dennis’s sweater?

6. Dorinda’s shit-stirring is a marathon in that it starts with shots fired, many fall along the way, and it plays out longer than an Emerson Lake & Palmer song.

5. Ramona’s cake was pure carbo-loading.

4. Bethenny burning Tinsley’s check crossed some kind of finish line, for me.

3. Speaking of Sonja, everybody knows a marathon is just jogging with a sexy j.

2. Everyone had to take their assigned places at the start.

1. The damn thing just went on and on and ON.

These forums are even more fun than the episodes, I swear!!

• Love 19
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, SweetieDarling said:

People that can't afford to rent closer to the beach and/or want to be within walking distance from the bars town. 

Or she could rent it out to Bravo, since they film in the area a lot. They could use it for a place for the crew to stay, if not for filming.

off-topic, but right?  the SH people almost never even go to the beach!!!

• Love 3

"Here’s a story: ...

Too bad Carole can't show the same passion when penning something that isn't about widowhood or one-upmanship.

I've thought since right after she joined the show that Carole's plan was to write a book about her experience as a HW. However, given how lazy she's shown herself to be, she'll probably just end up putting out a collection of her blogs.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, ryebread said:

The 'extra' was always there, just hidden by the viewer's dislike of Aviva. (Which I believe Lyin' Carole was partially responsible for.) 

Also, being Heather's BFF was a good cover for Carole's pettiness because the audience generally liked Heather.  

Upon reflection - you are right, totally true, I'm guessing the antics of Aviva shadowed Carole's petty self (at least where I didn't notice it as much because it wasn't as annoying as Aviva being Avivia, and Avivia's pervy father). And then latching onto Heather as her show BFF, then Bethenny, both of them are louder and stand out more, Carole's antics were less noticeable by comparison - but they were there. I do think she's leveled up a bit tho and is extra extra, ha ha... ugh. I'm also over her SATC Carrie Bradshaw wannabe blog posts. Yawn. I do wish we got a scene of her at home with the kit-tens. Maybe she dumped the pets... I don't follow her instagram closely enough to know the status of all the "baby" pets.

Edited by BodhiGurl
typo.
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

She wasn’t being a bitch.  She was kidding about having a party when Ramona jumped in insisting she give her one.  She was just making jokes about a lame party she really didn’t think she needed, wanted or deserved.  I loved how she joked about it, but I get her sense of humor.  I like Carole.  Ramona and Sonja need to go.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Ramona and Sonja need to go.

Not crazy noodle Moaner! I think Moaner (like Vix/OC) considers herself the OG of The NYC and will be carried out kicking and screaming if she's not renewed.

OT but this is something I've wondered: as these women* are Bravo employees, do some of them rely on Bravo for health benefits? HWs like Bethenny, Jill, Heather, Aviva most likely have/had coverage through their (or hub's) company plan but Moaner, Sonja, Lu, Carole don't have other employment and are too young for Medicare. If this is the case, it would explain why they are loathe to leave the job -- not only do they like the salary, they want the health bennies.

Or maybe they are covered under the SAG-AFTRA plan? I'm pretty sure reality TV peeps were not eligible in the early days of reality TV but it's become such a huge industry that may have changed.

* this actually applies across the HW universe

Edited by SCS
grrr proofing before posting is wise
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

She wasn’t being a bitch.  She was kidding about having a party when Ramona jumped in insisting she give her one.  She was just making jokes about a lame party she really didn’t think she needed, wanted or deserved.  I loved how she joked about it, but I get her sense of humor.  I like Carole.  Ramona and Sonja need to go.

It didn't necessarily come off as joking, though. I thought she was dead serious, as did many others. So she's either back pedaling now, or she needs to work on her delivery. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It didn't necessarily come off as joking, though. I thought she was dead serious, as did many others. So she's either back pedaling now, or she needs to work on her delivery. 

I thought she was clearly joking, but it’s neither here nor there....I like her on the show.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2018 at 10:17 AM, KungFuBunny said:

From what you saw of the house. location, and floor plan - who do you see renting this place?

I don't see it being rented by a family for the season - June, July, August.

Now I could see it being rented by a family for let's say a reunion party for a week or maybe 2 weeks max.

Sorry I wasn't clear, when I mentioned the Bravo Summer House crew - I didn't mean for a televised show - I meant a group of friends who only go to the Hamptons for the summer on the weekends. They stay from Friday afternoon/evening thru Sunday night. It happens in the Hamptons and the Jersey Shore - a group of strangers - rent rooms - could be for the entire summer or could be for a couple of weekends.

I see a young family renting it, alot of people rent in a new area to feel out where they want to settle.  Just because they can purchase a place, doesn't mean they want to.  Vacation/ Second homes are ALOT money in taxes, upkeep and a caregiver (tm moaner).  For a summer place only, I could see me renting for the season.  I'm not an owner that would consider renting out to others on the off season, I don't like people up in my stuff. 

• Love 7

I’m annoyed that my guilty pleasure show is making me think more than I’d like, but Carole has gotten under my skin.  Both in her blog and on Twitter she shuts down all comments about the pain of divorce being remotely equivocal to the death of a spouse.  It makes me wonder how she would feel if I were to say that the death of my father was much harder for my mother than the death of Carole’s husband was to her.  I mean my father left my mom with nine kids (five under the age of 16,youngest only two years old), no life insurance,etc...  While it may very well have been harder, my mother would never be an asshole that would make such a claim.   My mom has never dated in the 35 years since my dad passed away, but she has mentioned on occasion that she thinks the pain she felt from his death is less hurtful in her mind than the pain some of her friends felt when their husbands left them. My parents were married 25 years and it was a very happy marriage.

i don’t necessarily think that Sonja’s divorce was the trajedy that was the death of Richard, but the divorce didn’t do her any favors on an emotional or maturity level.  Ramona seems to have come thru her divorce really well, but I think Mario’s very public and very painful betrayal would be right up there with a death.

• Love 8

CLIP CLIP @ DorindaDorinda...your coke headed over reaction off the chain. Not a good look plus damn you for making me Team Sonja! Tinkley also helped with the slut shaming of her. (But she couldn't hold a candle to the ridiculous venom spewed by Beth to Lu in the Berkshires, lol)

• Love 7
On April 28, 2018 at 6:29 AM, LIMOM said:

If she wants to create a living space in the attic, there will have to be some kind of dormers or windows involved. 

As far as renting to TV crews, it all depends on the neighbors, imo as it does not help with the surrending property values. Now, if she is next to a motel nobody cares. But, if she is next to a wannabe Muffy and her aggressive hubby, good luck with that. 

As far as renting to a family, it all depends on the end of year bonus. It amazes me how much money people spend out there.

Finding renters is not hard, it is usually handled by the many real estates companies in the area. They do everything, including maintenance.

I'm wondering if she asked Fredrik to go in on the deal?  Is she doing business with him?  I don't think he would want to go into a deal as that.  Being that house was near that expensive place where they went for brunch, what town was that?  For the first time, I am so confused is it the Hamptons .. Is it not the Hamptons?  I don't know what to call these towns anymore, ha ha ha.

18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm wondering if she asked Fredrik to go in on the deal?  Is she doing business with him?  I don't think he would want to go into a deal as that.  Being that house was near that expensive place where they went for brunch, what town was that?  For the first time, I am so confused is it the Hamptons .. Is it not the Hamptons?  I don't know what to call these towns anymore, ha ha ha.

She said she asked Fredrik and he only wanted to go in 25%. She said it wasn't worth it for that amount and she would just go it alone. Fredrik has stated that he doesn't know property in the Hampton's as much as he does NYC. 

As to where the house is, I have no idea. I can't keep up with where everything is out there. 

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Being that house was near that expensive place where they went for brunch, what town was that?  For the first time, I am so confused is it the Hamptons .. Is it not the Hamptons?  I don't know what to call these towns anymore, ha ha ha.

The Topping Rose House is in Bridgehampton.

6 minutes ago, Reality police said:

As to where the house is, I have no idea. I can't keep up with where everything is out there. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

My take on the Dennis stand by the chair thing is that B was quick to remove her jacket and drape it over one of the chairs smack dab in the middle of the table in order to be smack dab in the middle of the action that night. IMO, Dennis was, in effect, saving that chair for her. A very Type A behavior and entitled behavior that Bethenny displays over and over.

• Love 6
(edited)

51yJJmuDrgL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

19 hours ago, jaync said:

Too bad Carole can't show the same passion when penning something that isn't about widowhood or one-upmanship.

I've thought since right after she joined the show that Carole's plan was to write a book about her experience as a HW. However, given how lazy she's shown herself to be, she'll probably just end up putting out a collection of her blogs.

Like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Madcap-Tales-Year-Real-Housewives/dp/1481086189

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I see a young family renting it, alot of people rent in a new area to feel out where they want to settle.  Just because they can purchase a place, doesn't mean they want to.  Vacation/ Second homes are ALOT money in taxes, upkeep and a caregiver (tm moaner).  For a summer place only, I could see me renting for the season.  I'm not an owner that would consider renting out to others on the off season, I don't like people up in my stuff. 

In the Hamptons and 8 Bedroom house is 125K for June, 175K for July and 200K for August,

I just don't see a family renting for the entire summer season and putting down 500K to rent it.

I could picture a family renting it for a week or 2 weeks but not the entire summer.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

In the Hamptons and 8 Bedroom house is 125K for June, 175K for July and 200K for August,

I just don't see a family renting for the entire summer season and putting down 500K to rent it.

I could picture a family renting it for a week or 2 weeks but not the entire summer.

I'm aware of what the rents are - agree to disagree.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ramona talking about renting for less than two weeks and not having to pay taxes on it makes me think that she's using it as an airBnb or something similar. 

I like Tinsley with a backbone, but she is so childlike that on another board someone called her Angelica Pickles and I can never unsee it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Seems like half a million would be a reasonable down payment to buy a place.  To rent for 3 months?  Not on a bet.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Seems like half a million would be a reasonable down payment to buy a place.  To rent for 3 months?  Not on a bet.

The Hamptons is a price range all its own.   The house Bethenny bought for 2 million was a steal.

Check hamptonsrealestate.com

Here's a rental that will cost you $675k for July and August but only $800k for the whole year.

image.png

Edited by AnnA
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The Hamptons is a price range all its own.   The house Bethenny bought for 2 million was a steal.

Check hamptonsrealestate.com

Here's a rental that will cost you $675k for July and August but only $800k for the whole year.

image.png

I rest my case, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jel said:

There are people in this world who have 350 grand to rent a house for a month!

And there I was, cracking on Scott and Tinsley who spend $350 grand to rent an apartment for a YEAR. 

At the hotel, Tinsley's bill was $10,000/mo. ($120K per year).  Seems like chump change now.

• Love 4
On 4/30/2018 at 1:15 PM, ButterQueen said:

I'm not sure she was joking though. I get Carole's sense if humour as well,  and she seemed to be in earnest. 

• Love 4