Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: No Country for Old Women

Beverly ends up getting kicked out of the nursing home resulting in Roseanne and Jackie fighting over who will take care of their mother. Mark provides a creative touch and builds a birdhouse for a customer of Dan's that becomes more than Dan can handle resulting in Darlene defending her Son.

Guest Stars: Estelle Parsons, Natalie West, Sandra Bernhard, Christopher Lloyd, Ethan Cohen

• Love 1
(edited)

So I missed the last couple of episodes but I really enjoyed this one. So did Jackie never buy her house? And did bev never give them the money to start the restaurant? I’m glad at least Jackie won’t be living alone now but I still don’t understand why they made her life just so miserable. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
(edited)

I’m just trying to figure out the rules of this new show lol what did and didn’t happen from the past. And what they are using for each new episode  it’s just getting a little confusing. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m just trying to figure out the rules of this new show lol what did and didn’t happen from the past. it’s just getting a little confusing. 

I thought the same thing.  Even though Crystal and Nancy made an appearance they never gave a backstory about their life today or what they've been doing over the past 20 years.  

I also wonder if they're showing the episodes in order because I believe I read where Sandra Bernhardt said she was in only one episode and it was the last episode of the season: Episode 9.  

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Tenarife60 said:

I thought the same thing.  Even though Crystal and Nancy made an appearance they never gave a backstory about their life today or what they've been doing over the past 20 years.  

I also wonder if they're showing the episodes in order because I believe I read where Sandra Bernhardt said she was in only one episode and it was the last episode of the season: Episode 9.  

Yes, I agree. I mean I know Chuck is showing up soon, but really what has happened with everyone? We hear that Nancy is single again (shocking), but what about Crystal and where did Bev's money all go? I know the writers just keep acting that "real fans" won't care, but we do. You have 20 years to fill in and I get there are only 9 episodes, but really. We need to know things, like Jackie's old house, son. What happened to the dinner  and how DJ and the girl he refused to kiss because she was black a few years later, decided they were stupid kids and got married and joined the military. What Jerry is really doing and when did Mark actually die?

• Love 17
(edited)

I wasn't a big fan of the episode. It's probably my least favorite in this season so far. Still, there was some pretty funny jokes in there. I wish that Lou was in it a bit more. He could have been a nice source for comedy.

Edited by Lili
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I love some Christopher Lloyd he will always be Doc Brown to a huge generation of people :) 

Yep. But yet... he reminded me of an older version of Jim from Taxi in this ep! Seriously lol.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Hanging out with Andy at Jackie’s old house lol that’s the problem with this new series they don’t follow anything even when it’s something that was introduced a couple episodes before. It’s like watching a cartoon where there literally is no continuity from one episode to the next really. 

With the exception of Becky's surrogacy storyline, plots don't seem to span multiple episodes--it's like each show is a self-contained story. 

It's telling that they're airing the episodes all out of order and it isn't causing continuity issues. 

Weird that this episode was the last filmed. I can't imagine it as a season finale. 

Also strange that they brought Crystal and Nancy back just to say one line each. 

Edited by ThatsDarling
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ugh, seriously what are they doing with this show? I'm so on board with the revival, but why are they leaving so many major questions unanswered? Why does Jackie no longer have her house? What happened to the Lunch Box? What happened to Ed and the kids? 

Anyways, back to the episode, Darlene is so fucking annoying with the way she babies her kids. I like Mark's character but Darlene acting like her children can do no wrong makes me resent their presence on the show.

I absolutely love Bev and the way she gets under everyone's skin. It was nice to see less Wacky Jackie and more Normal Jackie.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, seriously what are they doing with this show? I'm so on board with the revival, but why are they leaving so many major questions unanswered? Why does Jackie no longer have her house? What happened to the Lunch Box? What happened to Ed and the kids? 

Anyways, back to the episode, Darlene is so fucking annoying with the way she babies her kids. I like Mark's character but Darlene acting like her kids can do no wrong makes me resent their presence on the show.

I absolutely love Bev and the way she gets under everyone's skin. It was nice to see less Wacky Jackie and more Normal Jackie.

Yea that annoyed the heck out of me. Step up Darlene. Enough of the baloney.

Maybe they're doing this to be able to resolve more of it next season. That's my best guess.

• Love 8

This old-time viewer who has seasons worth of entire episodes memorized has no need to specifically hear what happened to The Lunchbox - it's an independent restaurant; the fact no one works there anymore and statistics on long-term success make it quite clear it closed down - Jackie's house - she downsized when it was just her again, presumably - Ed or Crystal's umpteen children - they're doing whatever they're doing, and I don't care if I don't hear about it this season, or ever - Mark's death - he died young and it sent his wife and brother into a tailspin; the specifics don't matter to me - etc. 

I am curious, since I didn't see last week's episode and only know about it what I read in the thread here, how Bev wound up in a home rather than the place in which she had a life tenancy, so that she could be kicked out and thus now has to live with family.  But, it's a sitcom thing, so I assume that was not explained, and I said when the revival was first announced I'd like to see her living with Jackie temporarily, so I'll go with that, too. 

I like that Becky - who always got along with Bev best of anyone - took her in and then, because Bev is still Bev, lasted half a day.  Jackie pretty much has to step up; it's not her fault her mom lost her home at the same time her sister took in an adult daughter and two teens, but that's the situation, and she lives alone in a two-bedroom apartment.  It's better Bev stay there than at Roseanne's, where it makes Darlene and the kids have to all share a room (what happened to the basement bedroom?). 

And Becky saying Bev is currently having sex in her apartment with a really old guy, Jackie objecting that it's 4:00 in the afternoon, and Becky saying, "Yeah, they went to dinner, and then they came back and went at it," was hilarious!

Roseanne was hobbling on her bad knee more noticeably in this than any other episode.  I guess by this point in the original line-up of episodes, she's on less/different meds?

Darlene was out of her damn mind acting like it was okay for Mark to make his bird summer house -- it wasn't a school assignment or a hobby, it was an order to spec -- but I liked her telling Mark life is about figuring out when you have to follow the rules and when it's okay to break them, and then cutting him off to say her rules, he must follow.  She's trying, and I think her parenting missteps make a lot of sense in light of her past and current experiences, just as the same was true of Roseanne and Dan. 

Crystal drove me fucking nuts the first time around, so three meaningless lines of dialogue was just about right for me.  But there's still a clip of her in promos that hasn't yet appeared, so I guess we see her again.  And that's fine, too; she's part of the family.  But bring on Anne Marie and Chuck!

• Love 23
(edited)
57 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Agree!  Dan didn’t criticize the creative bird house or throw it in the trash, he simply stated the fact that it wasn’t what the customer was paying for.  You can be creative and still follow rules.  What’s wrong about that?

Darlene could have easily supported her dad and also her kid.  Put the creative house in the Connor backyard.  Problem solved!

The whole birdhouse plot made absolutely no sense.  Mark put together a nice piece of art...which was not a birdhouse.  And when he said it was a summer house, so the birds might like it open, why did no one point out that the birds are not looking for openness--they're looking for security?  Darlene just came out like a moron there.  Maybe there's a reason she lost her job. 

I think it would have been a more effective story if Mark had assembled it per Dan's instructions but then painted with all of the colors and glitter.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, janie jones said:

The whole birdhouse plot made absolutely no sense.  Mark put together a nice piece of art...which was not a birdhouse.  And when he said it was a summer house, so the birds might like it open, why did no one point out that the birds are not looking for openness--they're looking for security?  Darlene just came out like a moron there.  Maybe there's a reason she lost her job. 

I think it would have been a more effective story if Mark had assembled it per Dan's instructions but then painted with all of the colors and glitter.

Not to mention wasn’t his made out of what looked like foam block?  Yeah....

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I was so excited about this reboot, but I just don’t find it funny.  Maybe you really can’t go home again...

To me, it’s losing steam.  Came out of the gate alright, had to watch out of nostalgia and loyalty, but they have got to give more than they are.  It’s like they are holding back on purpose to bait viewers.  They could have and should have came clean from the get go (in pressers / media) without revealing spoilers.  i.e. that Andy doesn’t exist, the Lunch Box whatever, we won’t disclose the cause of Mark’s death just that he is gone.  And so on. 

• Love 10

I was so excited about this reboot, but I just don’t find it funny.  Maybe you really can’t go home again...

I think in my case, its hitting way too close to home. Literally a half hour before this episode started, I'm on the phone with my mom listening to her gripes about how she has to sell the house and move in with my sister because she can no longer live alone and she is pretty comparable to Roseanne in real life and my sister shares some key personality traits and there's a kid in the house with similar issues and a spoiling parent who thinks everything is creative and should be encouraged.... It wasn't terribly funny to watch the same scenario on screen. 

The new show is unremittingly dark. Can Darlene at least get a job?

• Love 16
(edited)

This had to be one of my favorite episodes - it felt like an old show. Love this Jackie

I wonder if because this was the 9th/ last episode, if we find out in upcoming, Bev getting kicked out wasn't due to sex, it was because she ran out of $$ - remember, she went into  the  senior residence when she was 63....27 yrs ago! 

That can use up a lot of $$ and I can't believe their old house was worth that much.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I love some Christopher Lloyd he will always be Doc Brown to a huge generation of people :) 

He will always be Reverend Jim to me. :o)  Watching that "Taxi" episode when Victor Buono played his father, still rips my heart out.  Almost exactly like watching Jackie and Bev in those last scenes in last night's episode.

I confess my mouth dropped open when I saw Christopher Lloyd.  I know it's been decades since we were first introduced to him on Taxi.  I also understand that looking disheveled is kind of his schtick.  But still...if "Reverend Jim" has aged that much in 30+ years, that means the rest of us have aged as well.  I'm not ready to accept that this much time has passed.  TMI?  OK, never mind. lol

• Love 13

There are things that aren't being mentioned that bother me. The Lunchbox isn't one of them, it was an independent restaurant, it's hard to make those last more than a few years. If it closed say 10 years ago or so I would see why they wouldn't keep bringing it up. As for Crystal and Nancy it's been 20 years seen we've seen them, not 20 years since they've seen each other. You are not going to ask your friend what they did for the last 20 years when you've been hanging out with them for the past 20 years. 

I've seen parents like Darlene, so it's realistic and annoying. I'm all for being creative, I went to an Art school. However even us creative types have to follow what the client wants. You can make suggestions but if they say no you have to do what they want. Even if it's boring and bland. I will have to say with both bird houses, Mark has some wood building skills. Maybe Dan should encourage that and make some projects they can work on together, that way Mark can go wild with it and he can bond with grandson. 

I liked that Becky lasted half a day with Bev and Jackie and Bev are going to therapy.  

I always thought Doc Brown was old in the Back to the Future, but Christopher Lloyd has aged so much. I can't believe it's been that long. 

• Love 16

It reminds me of an episode of Ace of Cakes. It was years ago, but I think it had something to do with the figures on the cake. The client specifically asked for them one way. The cake decorator was having a meltdown because the clients didn't want them the way she thought they should be. Duff pretty much had to say the same things to her that Dan did. I couldn't stand her and I wish Duff had canned her on the spot for being such a whiny twit. 

I thought it was a good lesson for the kid and he fixed the issue. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Anyways, back to the episode, Darlene is so fucking annoying with the way she babies her kids. I like Mark's character but Darlene acting like her children can do no wrong makes me resent their presence on the show.

9 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Yea that annoyed the heck out of me. Step up Darlene. Enough of the baloney.

Maybe they're doing this to be able to resolve more of it next season. That's my best guess.

9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Agree!  Dan didn’t criticize the creative bird house or throw it in the trash, he simply stated the fact that it wasn’t what the customer was paying for.  You can be creative and still follow rules.  What’s wrong about that?

Darlene could have easily supported her dad and also her kid.  Put the creative house in the Connor backyard.  Problem solved!

8 hours ago, Bastet said:

This old-time viewer who has seasons worth of entire episodes memorized has no need to specifically hear what happened to The Lunchbox - it's an independent restaurant; the fact no one works there anymore and statistics on long-term success make it quite clear it closed down - Jackie's house - she downsized when it was just her again, presumably - Ed or Crystal's umpteen children - they're doing whatever they're doing, and I don't care if I don't hear about it this season, or ever - Mark's death - he died young and it sent his wife and brother into a tailspin; the specifics don't matter to me - etc. 

I am curious, since I didn't see last week's episode and only know about it what I read in the thread here, how Bev wound up in a home rather than the place in which she had a life tenancy, so that she could be kicked out and thus now has to live with family.  But, it's a sitcom thing, so I assume that was not explained, and I said when the revival was first announced I'd like to see her living with Jackie temporarily, so I'll go with that, too. 

I like that Becky - who always got along with Bev best of anyone - took her in and then, because Bev is still Bev, lasted half a day.  Jackie pretty much has to step up; it's not her fault her mom lost her home at the same time her sister took in an adult daughter and two teens, but that's the situation, and she lives alone in a two-bedroom apartment.  It's better Bev stay there than at Roseanne's, where it makes Darlene and the kids have to all share a room (what happened to the basement bedroom?). 

And Becky saying Bev is currently having sex in her apartment with a really old guy, Jackie objecting that it's 4:00 in the afternoon, and Becky saying, "Yeah, they went to dinner, and then they came back and went at it," was hilarious!

Roseanne was hobbling on her bad knee more noticeably in this than any other episode.  I guess by this point in the original line-up of episodes, she's on less/different meds?

Darlene was out of her damn mind acting like it was okay for Mark to make his bird summer house -- it wasn't a school assignment or a hobby, it was an order to spec -- but I liked her telling Mark life is about figuring out when you have to follow the rules and when it's okay to break them, and then cutting him off to say her rules, he must follow.  She's trying, and I think her parenting missteps make a lot of sense in light of her past and current experiences, just as the same was true of Roseanne and Dan. 

Crystal drove me fucking nuts the first time around, so three meaningless lines of dialogue was just about right for me.  But there's still a clip of her in promos that hasn't yet appeared, so I guess we see her again.  And that's fine, too; she's part of the family.  But bring on Anne Marie and Chuck!

7 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

This had to be one of my favorite episodes - it felt like an old show. Love this Jackie

I wonder if because this was the 9th/ last episode, if we find out in upcoming, Bev getting kicked out wasn't due to sex, it was because she ran out of $$ - remember, she went into  the  senior residence when she was 63....27 yrs ago! 

That can use up a lot of $$ and I can't believe their old house was worth that much.

5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

There are things that aren't being mentioned that bother me. The Lunchbox isn't one of them, it was an independent restaurant, it's hard to make those last more than a few years. If it closed say 10 years ago or so I would see why they wouldn't keep bringing it up. As for Crystal and Nancy it's been 20 years seen we've seen them, not 20 years since they've seen each other. You are not going to ask your friend what they did for the last 20 years when you've been hanging out with them for the past 20 years. 

I've seen parents like Darlene, so it's realistic and annoying. I'm all for being creative, I went to an Art school. However even us creative types have to follow what the client wants. You can make suggestions but if they say no you have to do what they want. Even if it's boring and bland. I will have to say with both bird houses, Mark has some wood building skills. Maybe Dan should encourage that and make some projects they can work on together, that way Mark can go wild with it and he can bond with grandson. 

I liked that Becky lasted half a day with Bev and Jackie and Bev are going to therapy.  

I always thought Doc Brown was old in the Back to the Future, but Christopher Lloyd has aged so much. I can't believe it's been that long. 

The Bev storyline would make sense if she had not expected to live for almost another 30 years when she went in, but I do not understand the life tenancy thing with her facility. This episode was sad because Bev was always a pill, but she did help her daughters out financially probably more than once. It was obvious Becky was mainly helping her for the money. So, I guess Bev is no longer a lesbian but sexually fluid? It really is telling that there is no room for older people in our society.

Why is Darlene acting like her parents were old conservative fuddy duddies? She had baby boomer parents that did not understand her, but pretty much let her do what she wanted creatively, including work on a comic book that they found offensive and let her boyfriend move in with them and they provided their other daughter with birth control. The kid who plays Mark seems sweet, almost too sweet to be a part of this family. The whole older generation is stricter and the younger generation is more lenient does not really apply to Gen X and Millenial children/Baby Boomer parents the way it did to Baby Boomer children and Greatest Generation Parents since there really was not as much of a cultural shift. I know there are always exceptions, but not with the Connors. I sometimes feel like they want to make Darlene look somewhere between a down on her luck saint and a naive idiot. Darlene was many things, but naive was not one of them, that would more likely apply to Becky

I was always shocked with what the Conner kids got away with, but my parents came from a different culture. Also, my parents were a heck of a lot more financially responsible.

• Love 8

The Mark character seems to imply if you’re creative, you’re gay and if you’re gay you’re creative. Neither statement is true. Plenty of creative people are not gay and plenty of gays are shrubs. It’s like the writers of this show are stuck in a vision of sexuality from 40 years ago. Mark is channeling Paul Lynde from Hollywood Squares. Disappointing.

• Love 6

Eh, I think the show is just implying that Mark is a very creative child in regards to all aspects of his life.  Darlene just said that he is way too young to have any idea what his sexual identity is. 

And even if Mark ends up being gay,  he is one kid.  Some gay kids are artistic and like glitter.   The show isn't displaying a whole team of creative gay kids. 

• Love 23

The Bev portion of the show was interesting. I wonder if Roseanne and Jackie borrowed so much money from her that she eventually went broke. It seemed like a waste of Christopher Lloyd to only use him for the one scene. 

I don’t dislike Mark, but he is veering into the precocious kid territory. 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm watching, but I think it's out of habit and loyalty to the ensemble (my same reasons for continuing to watch Grey's after they killed off Derek). I really don't like Reboot Roseanne, the character or the actress, but I'm so invested in this show based on years and years of watching the original and owning the DVD's (except for the final Voldemort season. The Season Who Must Not Be Named),  plus I adore John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf and Sara Gilbert. But really, I'm loving the show less and less each week.  It's kinda approaching obligation status at this point. 

As far as Bev's financial status, I had a friend whose mom sold her house and moved into a nice memory care retirement community. Once the bank account was drained (they're VERY expensive. Her's was $5000 a month), they had to transfer her to a home that the state would pay for. That's what I'm assuming happened to Bev. At 90, she's outlived her bank account and had to move to a cheaper home. 

Jackie? Well, if the Lunchbox went under, and Jackie could no longer afford her mortgage, maybe she defaulted or simply went back to renting to save money and maintenance issues. But it would be nice if we got a hint of that. Hell, they had a golden opportunity to insert Andy into last night's show by simply telling Bev that "she could have Andy's old room." 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think that's fair to Darlene. When she had the discussion with Mark about "breaking the rules," she told him, "Except mine. Don't test me." And she said it in a real don't-fuck-with-me voice that parents use with their kids. Plus, she cracked down on Harris when she learned about the shoplifting scheme, including making Harris give her all her social media passwords. 100% agreed on Jackie.

I loved that birdhouse! The second one was really good, too. I think Dan and Darlene working together taught Mark a valuable lesson.

Oh, and I liked how when Dan was pretending he was filling out a form for Mark to go into foster care and he asked Mark how much he ate, Mark responded with "say whatever you need to get me in." That's "Roseanne" all the way.

• Love 16

I'm so indifferent to the revival I forgot to watch it last night. But I've been given an idea by reading the comments here. Harris is fluent on Etsy, yes? Why don't she and Dan and Mark make really cool birdhouses and sell them on Etsy?

• Love 16

I enjoyed the Rosey/Jackie/Bev storyline. It felt like old times with Roseanne & Jackie arguing over who gets stuck with Bev and Bev being overly critical of them about sausages & how Jackie decorates. Plus, it was nice seeing Crystal & Nancy make a brief return. (Crystal needs to go back to the blonde by the way, that washed out weird brunette color is a big NO)

However, I did not care at all for the Mark/Dan/birdhouse storyline. We get it, Mark is different. That’s fine, whoopy-de-doo. But I agree with Dan, if someone is paying you for a specific job then you can’t just go balls to the wall & do whatever you want. If it was a school project to build your version of a bird house, awesome! I’m just kind of over Darlene and her kids being the ‘politically correct’ storyline.  I’m over the politically correct shit in society in general. Vote for whoever you want to, wear whatever you want to, parent however you want to. I don’t care!

Rant Over.

• Love 16

Mark is channeling Paul Lynde from Hollywood Squares. Disappointing.

No, he's not.

If he were, I'd be laughing my ass off at everything he said. 

On the contrary, while I am certain he has spoken lines of dialogue, I'll be damned if I can remember a single one of them. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Can Darlene at least get a job?

Seems like getting a job must not be a high priority, given that she moved from Chicago to Lanford. Do we even know what her job was or why she lost it? I don't recall hearing anything about that.  We're being asked to fanwank an AWFUL lot. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, snarkylady said:

A minor nitpick....did Dan explicitly tell Mark that there were specifications for the birdhouse?  I don't think I heard that but I'm not hanging on every word.

I thought that’s how the project was delegated to Mark.  Dan had the blue print laid out on the table and Mark asked about it.  Dan said how about I cut the wood up and you follow the plan to build it.  

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm watching, but I think it's out of habit and loyalty to the ensemble (my same reasons for continuing to watch Grey's after they killed off Derek). I really don't like Reboot Roseanne, the character or the actress, but I'm so invested in this show based on years and years of watching the original and owning the DVD's (except for the final Voldemort season. The Season Who Must Not Be Named),  plus I adore John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf and Sara Gilbert. But really, I'm loving the show less and less each week.  

That's the point I'm at as well. I'm watching more out of love for the original series and its' characters rather than out of genuine enjoyment for the reboot. I understand there isn't going to be flawless continuity when you have a twenty year gap, but the handwaving they're doing with regards to plot lines that were integral to the first show has become frustrating and ridiculous. Hell, they can't even keep their stories straight for the reboot. When Becky gave up her dog to Jackie, Jackie said she'd take it to her house until Becky got a more suitable place. Then the next thing you know Jackie's in an apartment and there's no dog to be found. It's like there's no attention to detail.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

Why don't she and Dan and Mark make really cool birdhouses and sell them on Etsy?

That would interject some hope amidst all the despair.

I don't think Dan set specific birdhouse parameters but.... I don't know, there's just a point where this all feels so forced. I mean, Mark lives with Dan and has to have SOME idea of what concerns Dan. Kids in general aren't dumb, and Mark is depicted as precocious and smart. 

And Dan did mention it was for a job and that there was a plan. "This is what the customer wants" isn't really that difficult of a concept and Mark seems bright enough and old to know better.

• Love 4

That would interject some hope amidst all the despair.

And that is why these people always will be failures. They never, ever try to better themselves, they would rather sit on their asses and bitch about the hand they got dealt than do something about it.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

And that is why these people always will be failures. They never, ever try to better themselves, they would rather sit on their asses and bitch about the hand they got dealt than do something about it.

No that’s what they turned these people into in this new series.... the old show they tried to be better.. now they are acting like none of that ever happened 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6

Please keep discussion here about the episode. Discuss the revival as a whole in the Revival thread, and tangential social issues in the Kitchen Table thread. 

• Love 2

Well, I disagree in that over the course of the prior nine seasons, a LOT of the Connor financial problems came from their efforts to better themselves. Dan started the bike shop, that failed. Roseanne and Jackie started the Lunch Box to get ahead. I mean, I can't fault Dan and Roseanne for not trying. Hell, I'll even give Roseanne credit for being an Uber driver. 

Mark's birdhouse was a cute piece of art, but I seriously don't know that I'd ever buy something like that, and I do get the point Dan was making. It's great to have fun doing something but there's a point where you have to give the customer what they asked for if you want to be paid. Where I will throw some attitude back at Dan is that if he *really* expected Mark to make the birdhouse customer compliant, maybe he should have supervised a little.

• Love 3

Dan was right. 100 percent correct in what he told his grandson.

DO THE JOB YOU WERE HIRED TO DO. Don't add your own little bit of splash or sparkle. This is the real world, son, and in the real world you give the person who is paying you to do the job exactly what he wants, even if it is (in your opinion) boring.

Darlene was dead wrong this time. She should've stayed out of it. Mark was "hired" to do a job a certain way. He as given the plans, the blueprints, and told specifically how to do it. Nothing else but what he was hired to do is acceptable. 

Otherwise, this episode sucked rocks. Boring as hell and damn...they made these people SAD. I get that Momma Harris out-lived her money, that happens, but did they have to get rid of Jackie's HOUSE? That beautiful house I coveted all those years with the awesome built-ins and the roomy living area and the PORCH??? Damn...They made these people so SAD...

I didn't "care for" this one. When do we get DJ's Story?????? I wanna see that one for real! 

• Love 6